Roll Call
1 members (Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac), 33 Murran Spies, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 03/29/24 04:07 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 03/29/24 04:06 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 03/29/24 04:05 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by Invisible Brainiac - 03/29/24 04:05 AM
Kill This Thread XLIX - We're Getting Old
by Invisible Brainiac - 03/29/24 04:04 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by thoth lad - 03/29/24 03:38 AM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Ann Hebistand - 03/28/24 05:24 PM
Who's Who in Raz's Legion? *added ALEK ARCANE 4 February*
by Invisible Brainiac - 03/28/24 11:42 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
LMB Leader Election, Autumn 2007: Official Announcement, Info, and Rules Thread!
#713362 04/20/07 03:47 AM
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
Citizens of Legion World:

I am pleased to announce the opening of the Autumn 2007 campaign for leader of the LMB.

What is the LMB, you ask? The LMB, or Legion of Message-Board Posters, is the internet community of which you are all a part. We make our home here on Legion World and in the LMBP Yahoo Group.

What does the leader of the LMB do, you ask? Well, very little. The leader has no real power. Basically, you get identified as leader in LMB fiction over in Bits, and get to proclaim yourself leader during any role-playing events on the MMB. And, traditionally, you get a thread devoted to yourself highlighted in the MMB for the duration of your term. But your main responsibility is to run the election of your successor in about three months.

Why should you want to be LMB leader? Well, it beats me. My job is just to run the election. Winning the election really doesn’t mean that you’re more popular or well-liked, or even that you’ve been judged more competent in any way by your fellow posters. In fact, it probably means that you’ve been judged the least likely to do anything substantial that might change the already well-running and happy community we’ve got here. Or else everyone just wants to see you roasted regularly in the LMB Enquirer or trashed in the Tag Team threads. Villains always take out the leader first, you know?

So, here are the rules:

1. The initial campaign season will last for one week. After that, polls will open for one week, allowing the members of Legion World to vote for their choice for leader.

2. Only one ID per poster is allowed to run/vote.

3. To declare yourself a candidate for LMB leader, simply announce your candidacy on the Election Discussion Thread, within the next week. The Election Discussion Thread shall be used for all general comments or questions regarding the election both by candidates and non-candidates.

4. Each candidate is permitted to start one official campaign thread in the MMB. One may also campaign in various “establishment” threads (Café Cramer, The Security Office, etc.) if the owner of that thread permits it. Candidates may also use the shoutbox and their signature to promote their campaign, within the spirit of the general guidelines for posting on Legion World.

5. Voters shall be permitted to use The Official LMB Leader Election Debate Thread to ask potential candidates their opinion on important Legion World issues, such as the banning of tomatoes or the feeding of children not prophesied to be great warriors to the lions.

6. This thread shall be reserved for official announcements regarding the election. For example, procedures for actually voting will be announced closer to the time that the polls open.

7. Have fun with this. The point is to be goofy and silly and make absurd campaign promises and preposterous allegations against your opponents. It really doesn’t matter who wins. Again, this is not a popularity contest of any sort. Nor is this supposed to turn into something that will cause the moderators or owners of this site any additional stress or work. It’s just for fun.

--The Election Tyrant

Re: LMB Leader Election, Autumn 2007: Official Announcement, Info, and Rules Thread!
#713363 04/26/07 10:56 PM
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
Nominations will close at 5:47 a.m. by the Board's time (4:47 EDT or 10:47 GMT) on Friday 27 April. If you want to nominate yourself, you have about six hours to do so.

Re: LMB Leader Election, Autumn 2007: Official Announcement, Info, and Rules Thread!
#713364 04/27/07 09:06 AM
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
Nominations have closed. Four candidates have nominated themselves in the nomination thread:

Dedman
Fat Cramer
rtvu2
Winema Wazzo

They have one week for campaigning. Voting commences on Friday 4 May.

May the best sentient win!

#713365 05/04/07 08:33 AM
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
The voting may now commence.

Please PM your vote to The Election Tyrant, then sign that you've voted on "The LMB Leader Election: Record Your Vote Here" thread.

Now this is very important, only one vote per person. It doesn't matter if you have one or more Alt-IDs, you still only get one vote. I know that's been said earlier in the thread but I'm just making sure it's crystal clear with everyone.

Here are your candidates, if I accidentally leave someone out contact me and I'll edit the list.

Dedman
Fat Cramer
Rtvu2
Winema Wazzo

Get ye to your ballots!

#713366 05/05/07 12:05 PM
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
As a reminder, please PM your vote to The Election Tyrant so that it may be counted.

Thank you.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,012
Posts1,044,308
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
KidMarvel (Bunny)
KidMarvel (Bunny)
Newcastle Australia
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star