Roll Call
2 members (Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Lard Lad, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac), 11 Murran Spies, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/23/24 12:37 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/23/24 12:37 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/23/24 12:36 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/23/24 12:34 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by stile86 - 04/22/24 08:12 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by stile86 - 04/22/24 08:12 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/22/24 02:40 AM
Legion Worlds Nine updated 16 April 24
by razsolo - 04/21/24 04:25 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
"TWO TURDS OFF!!!"
#713621 11/07/04 07:42 PM
Beagz Offline OP
Active
OP Offline
Active
Okay, okay, okay ......
But that's EXACTLY what it sounded like when the gentleman that came down from Canada began announcing his discount.

Anyway, the convention was WONDERFUL!!! And meeting the other LMBP'ers/LW'ers was INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!

Pretty much most of the people were the same as they are on the boards .... just a bit more intense.

It was great seeing Lash again. He was as fun as ever!! Not only that, but he was able to give the LSH creative staff his thoughts, concerns, fears, hopes and expectations. Now, all I have to do is sneak a preview copy of the new Legion of Super Heroes book in his next comic book stack!!!
hee-hee
"We're leaving now before we get lost!!"

And Stu was as marvelous as ever. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing him and talking to him again. I'm not sure what excited him more, though ... the comics or the Star Wars stuff. But he had a GREAT time on the convention floor!! And it was great having him around.

Pov was there. *choke* Pov was a TOTAL BLAST!! Believe me .... if the two of us were there at the conference all by ourselves, we coulda gotten in SOOOOOO much trouble with some of the booths. AND at Sonic!!! :-D
Pov also learned some no-no's in Texas. But we'll delve in to those at a later date.

Quislet, Esq. was GREAT!! He was always quick with a laugh. And all in all, I enjoyed being around him. Except my face hurt from smiling so much!! And as smart as he was, Quis was able to talk down on my level. My first dealing with him was when I called up to Pov's room, and Quislet answered the phone. I didn't realize it wasn't Pov, so I just asked what room he was in. I was given the room number. THEN he asked who I was. Quislet is a very trusting soul. But, with all due respect, you were so much more than anybody could have expected. *hugz* to ya!!
(Sorry I wasn't the hott stud Pov had ordered!!!!)

Outdoor Miner has the comic timing of a professional. He could pop off with something that had the whole group laughing at the most ideal moment. Not only that, but he also knows the words to the M*A*S*H theme song (And Quis, too???). He's also got the patience of Job. My word!!! But after waiting in line for 37 hours or so, we were able to see it was all worth it. Way to go Miner!!!!!!!

Kent is an absolute delight!! He was a little soft spoken, but anything he said was worth listening to. He had the ability to follow a thought through and jump ahead to see some of the implications. Unfortunately, Kent reminded me that *I* was the reason we found out Outdoor Miner knew the words to the M*A*S*H theme song. Now, if only I hadn't spilled my drink on him Saturday afternoon. :-( Sorry 'bout that.

Yellow Kid was SOOOOOOOOOOOO much more in person than his posts would suggest!! He found humour in so many things. Sharp witted. And able to link things together lightening quick. It wouldn't surprise me to see his name listed as an assistant editor on some of the books in the near future. It was also so amazing to hear him talk about his family. Had anybody else said what he said about his family, it could easily come across as bragging. But with Yellow Kid? He was so sincere and genuine that you just wanted to hear more. Thanks buddy.

Stargazer was also there, and I really feel rotten that we grabbed lunch when we should have been waiting on him. But ... Wow. Stargazer's smile lit up the whole room. (Off the record, he also had some cute dimples, too. But, as I said, that's off the record!!) He was pretty quick. He was also another one that was extremely funny!! There's no way the group would have been complete without him. He was also quite charming. And he had a twinkle in his eye the whole time. Very upbeat and always positive. Thanks for giving us a chance.

The whole group was pretty amazing. I couldn't imagine a better group of people to hang around. ESPECIALLY at a convention. They were able to pick up on any small/obscure reference and run with it. It was like hanging around some of the great people I work with in the sense that I had to watch what I said, lest they just run right anything I say right in the gutter. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

Thanks to all of you. I needed a fun-filled, relaxed, easy weekend. And all of you delivered that. I owe you more than you'll ever know.

Here's hoping I didn't scare any of ya off. If I did, I'll go back in the kennel. Willingly, this time.

I'll talk about some of the creaters and the Powers that Be at DC a little later.
AND some of the fun stuff at the convention.

You can never quit believiing in your dreams ... or yourself.
-----
You GOTTA listen to Levi Kreis.
Re: "TWO TURDS OFF!!!"
#713622 11/07/04 09:06 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
*sliently whistling*

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#713623 11/07/04 09:11 PM
Beagz Offline OP
Active
OP Offline
Active
*hugz* to ya, buddy.
It wouldn't have been a LMBP/LW convention without you!!!!!

-----
#713624 11/07/04 11:19 PM
Sorceress
Sorceress
I'm so glad you guys had good time, and thanks for posting it allows me to live through you.

PS, I just noticed your signature, Beagz, BRAVO! I love it (I did not say that like Paris Hilton)

And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...
#713625 11/07/04 11:52 PM
S
Stu Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
S
BIG HUGS to everyone for making this weekend an absolute blast! hug

This was really the most fun I've had in ages, and I can't wait to do it again... cool

#713626 11/08/04 03:07 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Now we want the REAL gossip tongue

Ze Frainch Legion fan
#713627 11/08/04 06:59 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Yeah, like did Lashie Poo get a chance to manhandle Mike Allred? wink

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#713628 11/08/04 07:30 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Okay, having never been to one of these board meets, a little etiquitte question. When hanging with your fellow Legion Worlders, do you refer to them by their real names or by their screen names? Are the two interchangable?

#713629 11/08/04 07:43 AM
Beagz Offline OP
Active
OP Offline
Active
I would think I sorta used both.

Oddly enough, I can use Pov's real name when talking to him over the phone, but in person I seemed more likely to actually call him "Pov."

But I blame PART of that on the t-shirt he wore the first day!!

-----
#713630 11/08/04 07:51 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
And we could all enjoy that anecdote if it were accompanied by PICTURES... wink

#713631 11/08/04 07:59 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I think pictures are forthcoming! There's a great one of us with Barry, Mark Waid and Mr. Wacker.

And these guys were all Quissy, Stuey, Povvy-poo and Miner to me.

Except Yellow Kid, I prefered to call him Arthur. Seemed weird calling him "Yellow". And Allen is always Allen to me, but I've never liked the "Beagz" nickname anyway, it's harsh rolling of my tongue! tongue

I kinda rotated between David and 'Gazer for Stargazer.
I'm not sure what the ryhme or reason is for it all though.

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#713632 11/08/04 08:09 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by MLLASH:
I think pictures are forthcoming! There's a great one of us with Barry, Mark Waid and Mr. Wacker.
Cool! Can't wait. I have never seen a picture of Barry that I can recall, or Stu for that matter!

Certainly sounds like you guys had a great time. Hopefully ya'll can get together again some time when I can make it...

#713633 11/08/04 08:11 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
It is kind of funny though to switch back b/t real names and LW nicknames. I’m so used to using Pov, Quis, Far, Stu, etc., but it’s kind of funny to say them out loud in person.

It’s great to hear that you guys had such a good time! I can’t wait or the next one smile !

And don’t think it went unnoticed how Beagz described how great everyone was, when I bet everyone who met him is going “Wow, what a great guy he is!”…

Oh yeah...post pics!

#713634 11/08/04 08:14 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
We want Pics...glad you guys had fun in Arlington and made it home safely in the end. smile

#713635 11/08/04 08:15 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
If anyone has pics that need hosting to be posted here PM me! I'll gladly arrange hosting for any Dallas Con pics you might have to post!!!

#713636 11/08/04 08:31 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
You just wanna see them before anyone else gets to, Loser dear wink

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#713637 11/08/04 08:41 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I never said my intentions were purely altruistic... laugh

#713638 11/08/04 09:13 AM
Beagz Offline OP
Active
OP Offline
Active
I will *TRY* to get some of the pictures transferred over tonight.

I'm going to have to edit some of the pictures, though. So those may take a bit longer to post.

I'll also try to give a quick run-down of what we discovered at the Legion Forum (or whatever it was called) as well.

But suffice it to say for now .....
ALL of the DC people we met must have gone to the Julie Schwartz School of Fan Interaction. Ethan, Mark, Steve, Barry, Michael, Dan ..... ALL of them were just absolutely the nicest people you wanted to meet.

Just to give you some idea .....
When we left Saturday night, Mark and Barry were still signing and drawing. And when we got there on Sunday, it looked like neither of them had moved from their chairs. BOTH were where we left them, STILL signing and drawing.

Whenever you meet somebody, you always have certain expectations, fair or not. I remember the first time I met Julie. That man was just absolutely mind-blowing. VERY friendly, and he seemed genuinely interested in anyone he ever met. Grife ..... and the MEMORY on that man!!! I'd met some comic book people, but they fell WAAAAAAYYY short of my expectations. Still, I had unreasonable expectations for Julie. As impossible as it was, my expectations fell waaaaaaayyyyy short of Julie. The man just obliterated anything I expected. He exceeded anything anybody could imagine. Personally, Julie was a hero.

How does this tie in to the Wizard Convention? Well, Mark, Steve, Barry, and Ethan all did Julie proud. They exceeded any expectations I had. And once again, my expectations were quite high.

Thanks, guys.
You're the greatest!!!!!!

------------
Sorry .... had to correct some spelling.

-----
#713639 11/08/04 09:20 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Beagz:
I'm going to have to edit some of the pictures, though. So those may take a bit longer to post.
eek

Just what DID you get pics of Allen?!?

wink

#713640 11/08/04 10:22 AM
S
Stu Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
S
Originally posted by Loser Lad:
[b]I think pictures are forthcoming! There's a great one of us with Barry, Mark Waid and Mr. Wacker.
Cool! Can't wait. I have never seen a picture of Barry that I can recall, or Stu for that matter!
[/b]
Well, the picture of Barry should be forthcoming, in any case. smile

(I'm shy and unphotogenic... shocked )

#713641 11/08/04 10:24 AM
Beagz Offline OP
Active
OP Offline
Active
However, the Wizard Photographers may feel differently. =Þ

-----
#713642 11/08/04 10:40 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Feh. I've posted several pictures of myself over the years. If I can do it, anybody can!

Besides, from everything I've heard, you're pretty hot Stu...

#713643 11/08/04 12:15 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
STU has become a skinny little bitch and I'm TOTALLY jealous!!!!

(for real, dude, you looked great)

#713644 11/08/04 12:17 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
STU has become a skinny little bitch and I'm TOTALLY jealous!!!!

(for real, dude, you looked great)
lol

#713645 11/08/04 01:18 PM
Beagz Offline OP
Active
OP Offline
Active
Awwwwww .......

Lash was nuthin' to sneeze at, either!!!!!

-----
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,019
Posts1,044,900
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
avengers, wonderpoop
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Ger
Ger
Dallas, TX
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star