Roll Call
0 members (), 18 Murran Spies, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 04/19/24 06:19 AM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Reboot - 04/19/24 04:18 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/19/24 01:49 AM
Kill This Thread L - Half a Century
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/19/24 01:49 AM
Kill This Thread XLIX - We're Getting Old
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/18/24 02:08 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/17/24 03:44 AM
The thread that ate _____ !
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/17/24 03:44 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: "TWO TURDS OFF!!!"
#713646 11/08/04 01:41 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Bah! I was bloated all weekend!

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#713647 11/08/04 02:14 PM
Beagz Offline OP
Active
OP Offline
Active
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Bah! I was bloated all weekend!
Showoff.

I don't even look that good when I'm NOT bloated!!!!!!

You can never quit believiing in your dreams ... or yourself.
-----
You GOTTA listen to Levi Kreis.
#713648 11/08/04 03:30 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I guess I shouldn't have eaten all those cheeseburgers.

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#713649 11/08/04 03:35 PM
Beagz Offline OP
Active
OP Offline
Active
*hugz*
Eat all you want.
You'll always look great.

-----
#713650 11/08/04 04:39 PM
S
Stu Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
S
STU has become a skinny little bitch and I'm TOTALLY jealous!!!!

(for real, dude, you looked great)
shocked

Awww, shucks! And Lash looked as fantastic as ever. cool

Plus, to the extent that I have lost weight lately, it's largely due to the support from the diet thread on the Anywhere Machine... smile

#713651 11/08/04 04:43 PM
S
Stu Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
S
By the way, I weighed myself when I got home and found I gained five pounds over the weekend. frown

But I don't regret it! I guess the effects of being on my feet all day were offset by all the good vittles I scarfed -- the nachos and steak and barbecue and beer, not to mention the footlongs and Fritos chili cheese wraps and onion rings and smoothies and strawberry limeades from Sonic Drive-In... I'd eat it all again in a heartbeat!

(The challenge now is to lose that weight in the next two weeks, because I'll gain it back over Thanksgiving...)

#713652 11/08/04 04:57 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
That 5 pounds is just fluctuation. Dude, you're SKINNY. Good skinny, not bad skinny. For real, I am SO jealous!!! I *really* wanted to dress you up in some club clothes.

Though I haven't lost to, say, what I was when I first met Stuey, I also must credit the dieter's support thread for helping me do what I have done.

#713653 11/08/04 05:06 PM
S
Stu Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
S
I *really* wanted to dress you up in some club clothes.
If you'd brought that football jersey, I'd have worn it! laugh

#713654 11/08/04 05:08 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
NEXT time, you're going with me to Cedar Springs Street!

#713655 11/08/04 05:13 PM
S
Stu Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
S
And maybe karaoke...? laugh

#713656 11/08/04 05:17 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I didn't notice any karaoke joints in Dallas, but I'm sure they're there.

#713657 11/08/04 05:32 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Stu might be photo-shy, but it's obvious to anyone whose met him that he's a good-looking young fella!

Allen, I never knew you met Julie Schwartz--that's awesome! From what you're saying, he sounds even cooler in person than his legend says!

#713658 11/08/04 05:47 PM
Beagz Offline OP
Active
OP Offline
Active
Would you believe I met him a second time about a year later and he remembered WHERE we met the first time?

-----
#713659 11/08/04 06:21 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Whoa! That *is* awesome. Of course, I can see how you might make a big impression smile

#713660 11/08/04 07:29 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Beagz:
How does this tie in to the Wizard Convention? Well, Mark, Steve, Barry, and Ethan all did Julie proud. They exceeded any expectations I had. And once again, my expectations were quite high.
One of my fav moments of the con was getting to see you say something similar directly to Mark. I believe he truly appreciated it.

And FWIW, I completely agree with you.

Legion World's Badwill Ambassador
#713661 11/08/04 09:58 PM
Beagz Offline OP
Active
OP Offline
Active
heh ....
Miner, I just hope I didn't become Super Fanboy!!! But it WAS pretty exciting to meet them. *blush!!*

ANYWAY ......
I managed to get to the hotel (after a mega-runaround from another Marriot branch!!!) early Friday morning ... just in time to catch the people as they were waking up. I think.

We all pigged out on breakfast, then made our way to the convention center, where Lash and I had to get tickets.

The line to get in the convention was quite a bit longer than I thought it would be, but once the line started moving, it moved in a hurry!! And we got in and *I* stood in awe!!!!!!!!

I meandered around the complex for a while, just shaking my head at some of the possible bootleg DVD's, pictures, and all sorts of various and sundry items.
After wandering a while, I hung out at the DC booth, where I noticed a guy going over a sketch book with a kid. Apparently the kid was wanting to break in to the comic book industry and become an artist. The tall gentleman was speaking with a slightly british accent, but was very encouraging. He mentioned so many things I guess I always took for granted. Like, if you have a power shot, make sure it's going the correct direction. It actually had more of an impact if it's going in a specific direction. (I never knew or even thought of that!!!!!) And several more interesting comments. I was really enjoying listening to what this man had to say. So I finally got nosey and tried to tell who on earth this guy was. Once I found out, through my incredible detective skills (thanks, YK!!!!!), I HAD to stay put!!! The kid left, and I walked up and introduced myself and told Mr. Kitson how thilled I was that he was working on the Legion!! About that time, the rest of the gang showed up, and I told them who he was.
Yellow Kid was impressed!!!! :-D
He wanted to know how on earth I knew that was Barry!!! If maybe I knew what he looked like. I had to tell him nope. If maybe I knew he'd be at the booth at that time. I had to tell him nope, again. After a few more questions as to how I knew it was him, I had to confess ... I read the name on his badge.
THAT was when Yellow Kid announced, "Great detective work, Beagz!!"

Lo and behold, up walks Mark Waid!!
And then Steve Whacker!! Hail, hail!! The gang's all here!!

We got to talk to all three of them!! IT WAS GREAT!!!! I even got a picture of all of us!!! I'll try to get that posted shortly.

We finally decided to go grab something to eat, so I, being the decisive individual I am, got us to Sonic, where everyone seemed to enjoy pigging out again!! As bad as it sounds, I LOVED the Frito-chili-cheese wrap!!! It was so much fun just kicking back and enjoying being with everybody!! Until we remembered that we were supposed to meet Stargazer at the DC booth 15 minutes ago!!!! So we rushed back to the convention hall went to the DC booth! (But I don't think we found Stargazer there!!)

After that was over, we wandered around for a little bit more until it was time for the Legion Forum. THAT was SOOOOOO COOL!!!!! ESPECIALLY when Steve announced "YOU'RE THE INTERNET!!"

Mark was VERY funny, as was Barry and Steve. They all enjoyed themselves. They played quite well off of each other. Lots of laughs.

Mark announced that there is a new directive at DC - The Legion of Super Heroes takes place in the future. Whatever happens in the future happens. It's up to current continuity to work it's way to whatever the future holds for the 31st Century. And the 31st Century has changed.

Well, at Q&A time, I had a question regarding the comment that "Everything in the 31st Century had changed." Bart Allen, one of Waid's creations, originally came from that era, so I asked what effect this would have on Bart. Mark announced, "That is a GREAT question!! NEXT QUESTION!!!!!!!"
*sigh*
I really had a great time. :-D

After the forum, we found Stargazer at the back of the room!! COOL!!!!!!!!!

We plodded back to the booths, where there was a lot of cutting up going on. And TONS of tacky shirts!!!

We eventually got in line for the signing at the DC booth with Mark, Steve and Barry. I think Quislet was in front of me, and he saw a HUGE stack of the Titans/Legion of Super Heroes crossover books next to Mark. He asked Mark to autograph one, and Mark happily pulled the top on off and signed it. (Pretty sweet, seeing as to how some of the booths were selling the exact same book for $4 to $6 each!!!!) Mark's got such an incredible sense of humour!! I asked for one, too, and he happily signed it. I then passed it to Steve Whacker, who asked, "Are you sure you want me to sign it??" My response was, "Of course!! You're a part of this team!" That was when he said that if he signed it, he had to make a correction to the cover. He wrote in Barry Kitson's name in the credits. How cool was that?? I asked him to sign it, and he insisted on giving Barry some MUCH DESERVED credit!! Next was Barry, and he was just sooooooo incredible!!!! He signed it and I thought I was just gonna pass out. It doesn't get just a whole lot better than this. :-D

After a bit, Pov and Lash were worn out, so they headed back. Just a few minutes later, the rest of us headed back, as well.

Most of us opted for supper. Lash stayed to meet a friend of his and went out for the evening. We wandered around and finally hit a steakhouse. With a live band. Hee-hee!!! THAT was interesting. The high spot of dinner was when the band played the Pocahontas Hokey Pokey. (Don't ask!!)

After we left, tummies full (read: miserable!!), we made it back to Pov's and Miner's room, to wait on Kent. We just shot a bunch of stuff around the room, having the best time. It was almost like a room full of old friends coming back together and catching up on old times. Who knows? At this rate, maybe WE are the inspiration for The Legion of Super Heroes. After all, we ARE the internet. :-D

More on the trip later!!!!!!!!!!

------
Changed "Mark" to "Steve" talking about "You're the internet" comment.

-----
#713662 11/08/04 10:19 PM
Beagz Offline OP
Active
OP Offline
Active
Originally posted by Beagz:
[Linked Image]
Lash (in blue)
Barry (in purple)
Steve (in white button up)

-----
#713663 11/09/04 12:14 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
JEEPERS H. TUTU! Who took that picture? I *do* look the part of the adoring fanboy, which is what I am indeed. I can't say enough good things about Wak, especially after seeing them in person!

#713664 11/09/04 12:22 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Ummm... not to imply that I'm sold on the new LSH because the guys involved are hot.

Oh, feh. Why lie about it. I've never been a good liar.

The guys involved are hot! The new Leigon rawks!!!

#713665 11/09/04 12:28 AM
Sorceress
Sorceress
I love the way Projectra looks so much, that I am inclined to agree (but where is Kinetix, sob sob)

And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...
#713666 11/09/04 12:40 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
One step at a time, I guess. I'm so thrilled to have a non-snake Projectra back (especially looking as hot as she does under Barry's care) that I'm dealing well with the current loss of Zoe, Gates and others.

#713667 11/09/04 02:01 AM
Sorceress
Sorceress
I think I'm the only one that liked snake Sensor, I have to say that I was attracted to her personality, though.

And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...
#713668 11/09/04 06:48 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Didn't they say somewhere that some characters may not be what they seem? I seem to remember reading this in one interview, specifically when they were talking about Projectra...

Oh, and we want more pics!

Ze Frainch Legion fan
#713669 11/09/04 08:11 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
One picture? That's it?!? What a big bunch of teases you all are. Come on, make with the rest of the pictures!!!

BTW, that ONE picture you did share was great! Nice to see some of the people behind the relaunch (you know, just incase it sucks and I need to send hitmen... evil wink ).

Now let's see some more pics!!!

#713670 11/09/04 08:44 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Pariscub:
Didn't they say somewhere that some characters may not be what they seem? I seem to remember reading this in one interview, specifically when they were talking about Projectra...
When I asked Barry if any of the characters were really snakes in disguise, he emphasized that they had NO INTENTIONS of rehashing ANY old storylines and stuff. Yay!!

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,018
Posts1,044,848
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Star Boy
Star Boy
Melbourne, Australia
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star