Roll Call
0 members (), 27 Murran Spies, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 04/24/24 10:32 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/24/24 03:53 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/24/24 03:52 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/24/24 03:52 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/24/24 03:50 AM
Crow! Tell us the good things going on in your life!
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/24/24 03:49 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by stile86 - 04/22/24 08:12 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by stile86 - 04/22/24 08:12 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: "TWO TURDS OFF!!!"
#713721 11/10/04 05:49 PM
Yk Offline
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Nobody told Nightcrawler that Mark Waid mentioned Legionworld.net during the Legion panel?
Free advertizing oh Founderous one! During the question and answer session of the panel Mark said, "If Legionworld.net put ideas like thaton the site..." and it sort of trailed off but Barry stuck up for us, he talked about how supportive Legion fandom has been and all the great people he's met on the website. He's fantastic, he always took up for us even to the point of intruducing us to other fans while sketching and signing.

Barry Rules!

#713722 11/10/04 05:55 PM
Beagz Offline OP
Active
OP Offline
Active
YK -
Give your daughter a big hug from us!!! That's WONDERFUL!!!!!!

Oh. And one thing that came up in the Legion forum from Mark ... there is "no dedicated speedster in the Legion." :-(

You can never quit believiing in your dreams ... or yourself.
-----
You GOTTA listen to Levi Kreis.
#713723 11/10/04 06:06 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Yellow Kid:
Nobody told Nightcrawler that Mark Waid mentioned Legionworld.net during the Legion panel?
Free advertizing oh Founderous one! During the question and answer session of the panel Mark said, "If Legionworld.net put ideas like [b]that
on the site..." and it sort of trailed off but Barry stuck up for us, he talked about how supportive Legion fandom has been and all the great people he's met on the website. He's fantastic, he always took up for us even to the point of intruducing us to other fans while sketching and signing.

Barry Rules![/b]
Cool! Thanks, YK! We've gotten quite a few converts from the Con and you guys! Thank you!

#713724 11/10/04 06:24 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Garykins, we totally need a business card printed out to give out to fans at these things.

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#713725 11/10/04 06:41 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I think this will work just fine Lash.

[Linked Image]

#713726 11/10/04 07:12 PM
Yk Offline
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
While we were waiting in the art line at the DC booth, Steve Wacker was chatting with Stu and Beagz and Quislet (I think)and asked, "Do all you guys have Legion style names?" That got a laugh out of us. He seemed surprised to hear "of course we do". I've christened him Deadline Lad. I have no idea if he'll use it...but he should laugh

#713727 11/10/04 07:47 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Cruey, can we make a business card out of your design? Would we also need Freeky's permission...?

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#713728 11/10/04 07:51 PM
S
Stu Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
S
Originally posted by Yellow Kid:
Steve Wacker was chatting with Stu and Beagz and Quislet (I think)and asked, "Do all you guys have Legion style names?" That got a laugh out of us. He seemed surprised to hear "of course we do".
I'm one of the modern day Legionnaires with a monosyllabic, non-boy/girl/lad/lass/kid name... like Gates, or Gear...

#713729 11/10/04 08:07 PM
Yk Offline
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Yup...although I liked StuRat a lot. I even asked the guys if they had considered second generation Legion names like Timberwolf or Erg-1 or Dawnstar and just got a blank stare. I took that to mean that there are no immediate plans to add 70's style codenames.

#713730 11/10/04 08:42 PM
Active
Active
Man..I wish we could repeat last weekend..
Seeing those pics makes it seem like yesterday.

YK..congrats to your daughter..

" You will be assimilated "

Looking for Earth Prime.
#713731 11/11/04 02:38 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
YK, I thought previous comments were that those later Legionnaires weren't going to show up immediately.

Dan
#713732 11/11/04 06:46 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by MLLASH:
I noticed how you grouped me, Icey & Matthew all together. Hmmmm... that sends my mind wandering...
Only the "M" was big enough to contain your combined fabulousity wink

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#713733 11/11/04 06:50 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Cruey, can we make a business card out of your design? Would we also need Freeky's permission...?
It's fine with me, Lashie Poo. And it probably wouldn't hurt to run it by Freeky if you know how to contact him, although I don't think he'd mind.

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#713734 11/11/04 07:59 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Some kind of a handout would be a great idea for future cons! Maybe we could make some up for Barry with his name on them so he can pimp out the site at all of his appearances! laugh laugh laugh

#713735 11/11/04 09:05 AM
Yk Offline
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Loser! That's a stroke of genius. Two sided cards?

Ferro, look at the very last panel of the updated previews. In the panel with the upside down rocket shaped building there is a crowd (and I DO mean a crowd) and as far as I could tell everyone of them is a Legionnaire.

We found out that Mark isn't crazy about Timberwolf but Barry just loves him so we can hope he'll get him back in the Legion as soon as he can. Introducing the individual members could take a while but I'll bet a lot of favorite characters are already members we just don't get to meet them quite yet.

Mark didn't say exactly that there weren't going to be any speedsters he just wouldn't commit to an answer. Steve Wacker did say flat out, "No Superboy" though.

As I got it, there are a lot of things that are going to happen in the DCU next year and they decided that the Legion wasn't going to be affected by it right away. It's off away from whatever they have planned so they don't have to quickly adapt to some plot device in Superman books or the Green Lantern Corps (or whatever). I'll bet that after all the changes are done with they'll start connecting the books back together but it'll be totally seperate from the rest for a while.

#713736 11/11/04 10:14 AM
Beagz Offline OP
Active
OP Offline
Active
I thought Mark made the comment that there wasn't a dedicated speedster. There would be members who had powers that INCLUDED super speed, such as Ultra Boy, but no dedicated speedsters.

-----
#713737 11/11/04 10:21 AM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
I heard that, also.

But they didn't rule out the Super-Pets, did they? laugh

"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me
#713738 11/11/04 10:36 AM
Yk Offline
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Well, ok. I thought that was the "Excellent question. Next!" frown

I just took it to mean that they have something in mind that they don't want to give away yet. Mark and Barry haven't been as sly as all that really, when a question gets asked they don't want to give an answer to they either say "wait and see" or "next". Those have worked out pretty well for us so far.

NO! I'm not going to post spoilers.(sorry)

I get the feeling we'll see the speed force in action before very long (not immediately though)and they really want to blow us away with the story line...but that IS just a guess.

#713739 11/11/04 11:07 AM
Beagz Offline OP
Active
OP Offline
Active
LOL!!!!!

The "Excellent question. NEXT!!" was when I asked how the total revamp of the 31's Century would affect Bart Allen.
(Yeah, it WAS a roundabout way of asking about Jenni ... but with the answer I got, I don't think asking specifically about Jenni would have gotten me much further. wink )

-----
#713740 11/11/04 12:56 PM
strange but not a stranger
strange but not a stranger
At both the Legion Panel and the DC panel, Mark Waid lead everybody in the Legion of Superheroes cheer.

Which went like this:

Waid: Give me an L

<font size="3">L</font s>

Waid: Give me an E

<font size="3">E</font s>

Waid: Give me an G

<font size="3">G</font s>

Waid: Give me an I

<font size="3">I</font s>

Waid: Give me an O

<font size="3">O</font s>

Waid: Give me an N

<font size="3">N</font s>

Waid: Give me an O

At which points there was some polite chuckling and some groaning.

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#713741 11/11/04 01:13 PM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
We got further at the full DC Panel, surprisingly... lol

"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me
#713742 11/11/04 03:16 PM
Beagz Offline OP
Active
OP Offline
Active
Grife ......
I just forgot TONS of stuff for this convention!!!

I was supposed to bring some books for Pov.

AND I just remembered a CD for Lash that I forgot!! A guy that reminds me of David Gray.

*sigh*
ONE of these days, maybe I'll remember to drop this stuff in the mail!!!!!!

(Prolly shoulda snuck a few boxes of comics in each car that was there, too ... woulda made more room for me at the house!!!)

-----
#713743 11/11/04 06:13 PM
Beagz Offline OP
Active
OP Offline
Active
Okay, for Saturday .....

Saturday started in the wee hours of the morning. Lash came back to the hotel room and scared the bejabbers outta me!! I musta freaked out worse than I thought. :-D Let's see ...... a *REALLY* cute and hott guy comes in to the hotel room, and I freak out. NOT good!!

When I got up proper, I dressed in my Moy Legion t-shirt and my denim long sleeved shirt with the Legion logo on it.

We all got up early and grabbed breakfast at the hotel (Except for Lash ... he slept a little later). Some of us finished quicker than others. Some went back to the rooms to shower and such. The few of us that left started to wonder about Stargazer, and where he was. He knew we were going to have breakfast at the hotel, but maybe not when. We had about decided to go over and get him when we look up and there he is, just grinning.

Everybody finally got back together, and we headed over to the convention hall. The doors opened up at 10:00, but they were going to let all 3-day passes in at 9:30!! SWEET!!!!!! Until we got there and realized that it was too much trouble to keep track of the yellow passes and the purple passes. Grife. They didn't let anybody in until 10:00. But it was okay. We all managed to entertain each other.

Once we finally got in, I managed to watch most of the "Death of Batman" trailer. COOL!!!! I found some really nice books. And I even heard Space Ghost announce, "EVERYBODY!! PLEASE!! DROP YOUR PANTS!! This is a trouser check. Drop you pants IMMEDIATELY! This is a matter of national security! Do NOT let Homeland Security down! Just your pants! Once again, this is a trouser check. Hold on." At this point, Space Ghost finally was quiet, and I sorta looked around a little. He finally started announcing again, "This IS a trouser check. Thank you for your cooperation." That was interesting!!

Some of the group got in line for Barry to do some art ... like Stu and Miner. We sorta hung around a bit, but realized it was going to be quite a while before either one of them got close to THE Barry Kitson.

So I stepped out in the hall a bit to see if Pov might be lurking out there. That was when this guy walked by ... he probably had -1% body fat, and just cute as anything you could imagine!! He waked by, and whispered in my ear, "Smile!" I had to turn 14 different shades of crimson, with a STOOPID lopsided grin on my face!! And he didn't help matters much when he stepped back and grinned back at me and walked off. I am SUCH a ditz!!!!!!

Once I was able to walk again, I wandered in to Artist's Alley. OH MY GOSH!!!!! THAT place was MIND BLOWING!! And NOT just because of the slut models walking around. So help me, ONE of those girls COULDN'T breathe!! If she had, she'd bust out! And quite probably give herself TWO black eyes!! I made a mental note to head back in there later to look back around.

We headed to the DC forum, where the first 15 minutes was Identity Crisis this, Identity Crisis that. They went through some other series, but when they got to the new Legion of Super Heroes, there was a rather loud group that stood up and applauded. Mark, Barry, and Steve seemed to appreciate that, for some reason. After the slideshow with the featured comics was finished, there was a Q&A time. After a while, I decided AGAINST asking Mark about Bart again. I'd probably get the same answer. But in my sick and twisted little mind, I thought I'd strike a blow for Fanboys EVERYWHERE!!! So when I got a chance, I asked, "Is DC EVER going to bring back the letter columns?" HOLY COW!!! Apparently that was a better question than I thought. Lots of applause. Steve told us the same thing he said in the Legion forum: that he was working on it. Good enough. I figure if there's enough support for it, it will help Steve with his battle.

We did lunch again. Big surprise ... we went to Sonic for an almost identical repeat of Friday!! :-D It was just as incredible as before. Even more so, because Kent and Stargazer were with us this time! And before we were finished ordering, Lash showed up!! The whole gang was back together again. Lash told us he paid close attention to where he and his friend went on Friday night, and he was going back. Stargazer said he knew where those places were, and the two started comparing notes. After a bit, Lash headed back to the hotel, and the rest of us went back to the convention.

After the DC forum, I headed back to ARtist Alley. WOW!!!! Erin Gray is still SMOKEY HOTT!!!!!! Richard Hatch has gotten older, but he still looked okay. Some of the trashy models were there, too. Sorry, people, but there was no other way to describe them. They made themselves up to be trashy!! But as I was wandering around, I met Steve Erwin again. He had attended AggieCon a couple of times. A nice guy. And he's the DC artist, NOT the Crock Hunter, mate!! I also met Joe Singleton. When he saw my shirt, he just beamed and announced, "AND ANOTHER LEGION FAN!!!!" (Have I mentioned how great a time I had at this convention????) Anyway, I went through his work on the table, and I found a picture he drew of Power Girl that was entirely too fabulous for words!!!! But I passed it up. *sigh*

I wandered around the rest of the area, drooling over the artwork, and eventually made my way back around to the other area. Stu and Miner were still in line. Ryan Reynolds showed up ("Van Wylder", "Two Guys, a Girl, and a Pizza Place") was there presumably for "Blade Trinity." He looked better in person than on television.

I picked up a copy of Green Lantern Rebirth #1 and asked Ethan to sign it. I tell ya, as much as I like his work, I like it even more, now!!! It's so great to meet people that are just nice, friendly, and down to earth. He's a real sweetheart, and I think I'll probably pick up any book he works on. (See, Ethan? It wasn't too hard to make a life long fan, was it??)

We saw some more REALLY tacky t-shirts!!!!!!!

When Miner got up to see Barry, I tapped him on the shoulder and asked him if he'd give me his place in line. It didn't work. But I DID get to watch Barry do the sketch for Miner. WOW!!! As strange as it sounds, that was just truly amazing to watch!!

We made it back to the hotel, where Lash convinced Stargazer and me to go out with him, AFTER we (Stargazer and I) got something to eat with the rest of the group. Dickies Barbecue Pitt. Once again, the food was okay. But the company was SPECTACULAR!!! Jalapenos were sorta hot, too. LOTS of cutting up went on. They finally had to kick us out of the restaurant.

Well, our little trio FINALLY set out for Dallas. And if I had known part of what was going to happen ... well it just got a little strange.

The first stop was The Round Up. Nice little cowboy bar. WOW!! LOTS of cowboys. Among other things. I kinda downed the first beer in a hurry. I headed back for a second beer, and on my way back, Lash was grinning. He leaned over and whispered that somebody was checking me out. As much as I would LOVE to say I played it cool, I can't. There were two witnesses that saw red bloom all over my face as I blushed. I downed the second beer nearly as fast as the first, and we headed out.

I forget the name of the second place we stopped at. All I know is that it had pretty good music, some dancers and other things. There was a guy on the floor that looked kinda like Blob's daddy. Believe me, he SHOULDA been wearing a shirt!!! There were others there without shirts that made up for it, though. We wandered around a bit. We finally settled on a place next to the bar. As I was standing there, I saw a guy walk by. *ulp* I never wanted to leave so badly in my life. It was a guy I dated once. He started out all nice, but when I didn't call him back in one day (because I was at work at 6:00 that morning, and I got in at 11:00 that night!!!!), he went all psycho on me. So I kinda didn't see him again. And I really hadn't though a whole lot about it. until I saw him walk by. YEESH!!! And NATURALLY he had to park himself in my line of sight. I kinda hauled butt to the other side of Lash and 'Gazer. 'Gazer leaned over and asked what happened. I gave him a quick run-down of who it was that just walked past us. He told me not to worry. 'Gazer said he'd protect me and kick his butt. Lash, bless his heart, headed out to the dance floor. After a few minutes, 'Gazer headed out there, too. I gotta tell ya, they made a really cute couple out on the dance floor!! And VERY easy on the eyes!! GO, GUYS!!! (And yes, Greg was still there, glancing in my general direction. So when Lash got off the dance floor, he asked if we were ready to go. Before I got "Yes" outta my mouth, I was headed to the door.

The third place we stopped at, I got my butt kicked at air hockey. But, 'Gazer, ever the gentleman, oopsed one time, and I finally got the last point and won. I'm not sure how it happened, but I actually won. smile

Our final destination was to be our next to the last destination. We stopped and eyed the people there, and decided to head off to find the Eagle, a place that held ....... whatever your imagination could dream up.

So we set off for the Eagle. After a couple of wrong turns, Lash said, "We're going back home before we get lost!!" I think we almost found it, once though. Who knows? Maybe I'll get adventerous one day and look for it myself.

So we headed back to the hotel, and I FORCED a pit-stop on the way. *whew* I felt better. LOTS better. So all three of us trudged back up to the hotel room. We sat and talked for a few minutes, then Lash headed off to bed. That left just me and 'Gazer on the couch. I must believe Lash knew what was going to happen, as it's happened to him a few times. Stu, too. 'Gazer and I were holding a very nice conversation, and I just conked out. it seems like EVERY TIME I sit on a couch with someone, I crash. BIG TIME!!
*sigh*
I'll just never learn.

-----
#713744 11/11/04 06:30 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Yes, I guess 1pm *could* be considered "a little later".

Jillikers, Allen-- you're making me long for Cedar Springs Street!

#713745 11/11/04 06:33 PM
Beagz Offline OP
Active
OP Offline
Active
Well I don't wanna head back there unless I've got somebody to protect me just in case Greg decides to show up again!!!! wink

-----
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,019
Posts1,044,920
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Abin Quank
Abin Quank
Westerly Rhode Island
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star