Roll Call
2 members (razsolo, razsolo, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, razsolo, razsolo, razsolo, razsolo, razsolo, razsolo, razsolo, razsolo, razsolo, razsolo, razsolo, razsolo, razsolo, razsolo, razsolo), 14 Murran Spies, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Invisible Brainiac - 03/28/24 06:22 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 03/28/24 06:22 AM
Kill This Thread XLIX - We're Getting Old
by Invisible Brainiac - 03/28/24 06:21 AM
Postlo3w stories *LATEST UPDATE 28 MARCH*
by razsolo - 03/28/24 06:18 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Gaseous Lad - 03/27/24 04:21 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by thoth lad - 03/27/24 10:15 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: We've Moved!
Nightcrawler #761229 01/07/13 05:47 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Can you tweak the PM and Active Topics pages to use the LSH board skin or somesuch? It's a bit cramped with the sidebars there.

*speaking of cramped, added body{line-height:1.3} to his CSS file. The lines seem a bit tight on the new board and I can't see why... Also div.small, div.small a{font-weight:bold;text-decoration:none !important} to make page links on the thread pages bold and non-underlined and reduce visual clutter a tad*

And got to ask, since it's been bugging me - why make Spaceopoly a subforum of Anywhere? LLtL, VoT, E10Y and Titans are all obvious subfora, but Spaceopoly's a thing in itself that's never really been connected to Anywhere.

EDIT: Something else else else I just noticed - all the old spoiler tags are broken. They all look like this:
Click Here For A SpoilerDon't tell anyone...

Since most of the old spoilers are probably now not-spoilers-any-more, you could maybe just hide "Click Here For A Spoiler" with .spoiler_wording{display:none} .spoiler_text{background:none}

And tongue doesn't work either frown

Last edited by Reboot; 01/07/13 07:20 PM.

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
Nightcrawler #761233 01/07/13 07:52 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Spoiler was a hack...and will be a hack here to. Haven't gotten to fixing it yet. Not sure that all existing spoilers will be able to be fixed either.

I'm still working through all of this (with a full-time job), so again your patience is appreciated.

Last edited by Nightcrawler; 01/07/13 07:52 PM.
Nightcrawler #761234 01/07/13 07:58 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Oh, and Spaceopoly was because I wanted each of the main forums to have a sub-forum...Space was a later add and fits under the Anywhere umbrella in my mind.

Nightcrawler #761237 01/07/13 09:04 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
No, I wasn't expecting you to get to everything straight away tongue. Just letting you know.

[Still don't get the idea that all the fora must have a subforum, or that Spaceopoly should be a subforum, tho. And even if it did have to be, it's closer to MMB than Anywhere for me.]

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Re: File Manager & last posts
Nightcrawler #761239 01/07/13 09:26 PM
strange but not a stranger
strange but not a stranger
Originally Posted by Nightcrawler

Originally Posted by Eryk Davis Ester
Not that it's a big deal, but everyone's member number has been increased by 1. I'm now Member #5.

Member #1 is now the message board or something...I was demoted to #2 which of course affects everyone else.

You'll always be Number 1. (I hope with this blatant kissing up, Nightcrawler will double my Legion World salary)

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
Nightcrawler #761246 01/07/13 11:23 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Thanks! BTW, Spoiler tags are a part of the new board. Unfortunately, no spoiler tags that were imported can be converted automatically.

Last edited by Nightcrawler; 01/07/13 11:23 PM.
Nightcrawler #761253 01/08/13 10:24 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
OK, this is an difficult observation to try to explain... but, here goes:

Any posts that were imported from the old board that used "chevron" brackets (the "less than" or "greater than" symbols) to enclose text, caused the contained text to not show up in the post. But... there are exceptions:

- Basically, if the text started with an opening chevron, " < " and then immediately was followed by another character (i.e. no space) whatever was typed up until the closing chevron, " > " does not appear...

- Unless, somewhere in the text string, either a normal bracket - or a hard return - occurs, at which point all text after will be visible (at least until another opening chevron).

- If a space follows the opening chevron, no problem.

Now... all that being said:

- Any new posts don't seem to have this problem and

- If an existing post does demonstrate it, any edit - regardless of whether it is even to the "chevroned" part of the post - will fix it.

I know this seems like a very specific problem, but it's very widespread, because "chevroning" text is the standard nomenclature for non-spoken action during roleplay threads.

Here's a page with some good examples of what I'm talking about:

http://www.legionworld.net/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=344687&page=182

The second post on that page, #344687, is the one I edited, but all the others on that page demonstrate the strange "gapping" resulting from this (you can see the intended posts along with all the missing text by stepping into edit mode).

Anyway... not the end of the world, but I just didn't know if this were something simple that a clean-up script could address.

Re: <text>
Exnihil #761256 01/08/13 10:55 AM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Basically, the import treated <text> as HTML tags - a good thing, because any old font/colour/size tags were rendered as HTML in the import, and all of THEM would break if things had been treated any differently (i.e., you'd have posts filled with the likes of "<font style="font-size:14px">text</font s>" as with the vBulletin import).

If you edit/resave a post, it then treats the text literally (i.e., not as HTML) by default, which is why it "fixes" it, or you can change to either *asterisks* or ‹single›/«double» guillemets in the process to prevent the same thing happening next upgrade.

There's no real way to fix the one globally without breaking the other, I suspect.

Incidentally, there's a related bug I found earlier where if you post non-Latin characters it converts them to HTML entities... but unless you enable HTML in the post, it then renders the HTML entities literally and you end up with the likes of this: &#1058;&#1080;&#1082;&#1095;&#1080;&#1082; &#1070;&#1083;&#1080;&#1105;&#1074;&#1080;&#1095; &#1052;&#1080;&#1088;&#1072;&#1079;.

Nightcrawler #761292 01/08/13 10:21 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
There is no clean up script like there was with VBulletin...which is not a bad thing as that one wasn't all that great either.

At this point, what was ported over automatically, was ported over.

Any changes desired regarding old posts will need to be done manually. And it's better practice to avoid using characters in posts in general.

Also, please feel free to offer suggestions, just please know that I'm not happy with everything either and will be changing things as time goes by.

Nightcrawler #761313 01/09/13 11:15 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally Posted by Reboot
If you edit/resave a post, it then treats the text literally (i.e., not as HTML) by default, which is why it "fixes" it, or you can change to either *asterisks* or ‹single›/«double» guillemets in the process to prevent the same thing happening next upgrade.

Any changes desired regarding old posts will need to be done manually. And it's better practice to avoid using characters in posts in general.

Thanks, guys... that's sort of what I feared, but was somehow hoping there was a quick fix.

I did the cleanup on the RP threads this morning back to about November (just killing time in a conference call. wink )

It actually wasn't that bad, as it turns out only about 3 or 4 posters actually use the "chevroning" but, yeah - going forward - bad idea!

Exnihil #761317 01/09/13 11:35 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
How soon before we can redirect legionworld.net here, instead of the archived board? It's not a big deal to take the extra steps, but I imagine you'll want that link to bring people directly in soon.

Dave Hackett #761327 01/09/13 02:13 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Originally Posted by Exnihil
I did the cleanup on the RP threads this morning back to about November (just killing time in a conference call. wink )

It actually wasn't that bad, as it turns out only about 3 or 4 posters actually use the "chevroning" but, yeah - going forward - bad idea!

Quite. Cobalt was doing something similar in 21CL to indicate telepathy (I always used double-guillemets, which are basically French quotation marks, for telepathy), and one of the things I PMed him about [if he ever checks it!] was to ask if he'd rather fix it himself.

Originally Posted by Dave Hackett
How soon before we can redirect legionworld.net here, instead of the archived board? It's not a big deal to take the extra steps, but I imagine you'll want that link to bring people directly in soon.

Incidentally, about the homepage - the letterboxing bug was never fixed. Open http://legionworld.net/ in Chrome and you get a tiny little slot to see the site in, and I just checked with Opera... where you see absolutely nothing of the site at all, just the outer frames.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

*would just redirect the homepage straight to the forum and be done with it*

PM icon
Nightcrawler #761349 01/09/13 08:49 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Could you switch http://www.legionworld.net/forums/images/general/default_dark/newpm.gif for [Linked Image], please? They're identical except for the fact that I switched the layers around so that this version defaults to showing rather than hiding the image when animations are disabled, as they are in Opera Mini.

Re: PM icon
Reboot #761356 01/09/13 09:54 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Originally Posted by Dave Hackett

It's been redirected since a day or so after the move. Is there a link there that I missed?

Originally Posted by Reboot

*would just redirect the homepage straight to the forum and be done with it*

I have plans for that page.

Nightcrawler #761430 01/10/13 12:50 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Er... so what the deal with the "Leave a comment" option on someone's profile? Are they basically like non-private messages?

Nightcrawler #761436 01/10/13 01:39 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
If I put legionworld.net into my browser, I end up on the splash page. Clicking in the "message boards" link brings you to the old boards, and then clicking on the "We've Moved" link brings you here.

-thanks

Nightcrawler #761439 01/10/13 01:49 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Hmmm... that's bizarre. I just followed exactly what you said, Dave, and both "Message Board" links on the front page brought me directly here - the upper left one to the main forum page, and the red "Omnicom button" one to a frames version.

This might be a silly question (and I don't know why it would maybe hold an old version of the front page) but did you try clearing your cache and temp files on your computer?

Eryk Davis Ester #761450 01/10/13 03:34 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Er... so what the deal with the "Leave a comment" option on someone's profile? Are they basically like non-private messages?

Yes.

Nightcrawler #761775 01/15/13 04:40 AM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Names have got a wee bit small after the last update, and if you have avatars off (as I usually do), there's a big gap between name and title (previously it looked like "Before" without the avatar below - or, notwithstanding the mod name colours here, like the UBB.classic example)

[Linked Image]

Exnihil #761778 01/15/13 07:57 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally Posted by Exnihil
Hmmm... that's bizarre. I just followed exactly what you said, Dave, and both "Message Board" links on the front page brought me directly here - the upper left one to the main forum page, and the red "Omnicom button" one to a frames version.

This might be a silly question (and I don't know why it would maybe hold an old version of the front page) but did you try clearing your cache and temp files on your computer?

Yeah, it was Firefox holding onto the page (on both work and home computers). Hitting refresh in the browser actually cleared it up. Sorry, my bad.

Nightcrawler #761809 01/15/13 11:31 PM
Deputy
Deputy

Yes.

Apparently another feature forum software decided to adopt from social networks.

Nightcrawler #762020 01/20/13 07:01 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Ok. So, we were closed down for several hours tonight due to fixing the THUMB, THUMB3 and THUMB4 tags. They should all be working now and in the future.

Re: [thumb]s & [img]s
Nightcrawler #762026 01/20/13 08:10 AM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Could you fix the CSS* that limits images to 400px wide too, please, at least by increasing it to (say) 750px? Right now, if you post an [img], it's equivalent to posting a [thumb4] without the chance to click-through.

*It's at the bottom of the board HTML's <head> section, not in the CSS files:
Code
<style type="text/css">
.post_inner img {
	max-width: 400px;
}
</style>

Re: [thumb]s & [img]s
Nightcrawler #762056 01/20/13 01:28 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Done. Sorry, didn't realize that was happening.

Nightcrawler #762057 01/20/13 02:38 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Added a few more media codes to the UBBCodes. You can see the list on the full reply form. The notable ones are the ability to search the Legion and LMB Wikis.

Cosmic Boy at Legionwiki.com and

Nightcrawler at the LMB Wiki.

Code
  [lookup:legion]Cosmic Boy[/lookup] &   [lookup:lmb]Nightcrawler[/lookup]  

Maybe people will want to help fill those sites out more.

Last edited by Nightcrawler; 01/20/13 02:42 PM.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,012
Posts1,044,270
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Joe Kalicki
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star