Roll Call
0 members (), 20 Murran Spies, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Sarcasm Kid - 04/19/24 10:08 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by idle - 04/19/24 08:52 PM
Kill This Thread L - Half a Century
by Ann Hebistand - 04/19/24 05:14 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 04/19/24 11:59 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/19/24 01:49 AM
Kill This Thread XLIX - We're Getting Old
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/18/24 02:08 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/17/24 03:44 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Dragonwing and the Acid-Spitters
#765405 03/10/13 07:27 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Could Caress have been Dragonwing's mother? She had an acid touch, not breath - but her daughter could have inherited some predisposition to "the dragon's fire", as she described her power.

It's not clear how much time has passed between the original Legion and the current one, or if the story with Caress even remains in continuity, but Dragonwing could have been a young girl when her mother joined the Empress' new Fatal Five.

Caress bio, from the Legion Help File:

Chi Tsan of Earth was a minor gangster who saw her career take off when she subjected herself to Khundish biotechnology experiments, which gave her an acidic touch and a super-powerful grip. With these abilities, she joined the Emerald Empress's Fatal Five in 2986, and was sent to prison on Labyrinth by the Legion of Super-Heroes.

There was also a Caress with acid touch in the reboot. Reboot Tenzil Kem also had acid spit. (A few Marvel characters have this same power.) Maybe Dragonwing can eat all sorts of stuff?

I think it's sort of a gross superpower and it just seems to come out as a caustic blast. We haven't seen enough of Dragonwing in action to know if she can vary the intensity and the force of the acid or fire.

Also, I keep thinking about Terry Pratchett's pet dragons kept by Lady Sybil, who suffered all sorts of digestive problems (the dragons, not Sybil).

Holy Cats of Egypt!
Re: Dragonwing and the Acid-Spitters
Fat Cramer #765407 03/10/13 07:39 PM
Trap Timer
Online Happy
Trap Timer
I still don't get why Matter-Eater Lad is apparently too silly for the current Legion while Acid-Spitter Lass apparently isn't.

It would be interesting if Caress were somehow tied into the family, if not her mother. I've always wanted to hook up Caress and the Persuader, for some reason.

Fat Cramer #765429 03/10/13 10:33 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Egads, what if Tenzil and Caress had a love child and it ruend out to be Dragonwing?

That could be the Persuader's motivation to kill the Legion! Revenge against Tenzil!

Eryk Davis Ester #765502 03/11/13 10:29 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally Posted by Eryk Davis Ester
I still don't get why Matter-Eater Lad is apparently too silly for the current Legion while Acid-Spitter Lass apparently isn't.

I think it's because lots of people in my generation grew up with Pokemon, so poison is a familiar power. Looking back, a lot of our cartoons treated themselves extremely seriously. The serious tone made us overlook a lot of the illogical parts until some of us got old enough to look back (a few people make Youtube series which point out the flaws in this tone).

Last edited by Emily Sivana; 03/11/13 10:30 PM.

Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb
Fat Cramer #765511 03/12/13 04:32 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
from tvtropes.com:

Myth and folklore are replete with dragons and other creatures spewing fire, corrosive venom, noxious gases, energy beams, lightning, and other exotic and catastrophic exhalations. More modern media have applied the motif to fantastic beasties, creatures from alien worlds, mutants, and even the occasional robot, and expanded the effects to encompass blazing beams of coruscant annihilation. In other words, bright things coming from the mouths of big things that can destroy other things.

Classically a trait of creatures that are, at least physically, animalistic — no matter how erudite and noble they may be. When humanoids vomit destruction from their mouths, they almost always have at least a hint of corruption or, at best, atavism about them. According to anthropologist David D. Gilmore, this is because of the mouth's symbolism as the organ of predation, evoking one mankind's primal fears of what used to hunt them. Given that a human being's only experience with oral expulsions is usually vomit, it may then follow that anything coming out of the mouth is unpleasant. Whatever the reason, it's right up there with Glowing Eyes of Doom as a surefire sign of inhumanity. Heroes will generally emit blasts of destruction from their palms instead (though villains can do that too.)

Holy Cats of Egypt!
Invisible Brainiac #765520 03/12/13 05:53 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally Posted by Invisible Brainiac
Egads, what if Tenzil and Caress had a love child and it ruend out to be Dragonwing?

That could be the Persuader's motivation to kill the Legion! Revenge against Tenzil!

I wouldn't put it past him.

"ooops".

I loved how Matter-Eater Lad was portrayed in the SW6. There is a blur, and then "CHOMP" Persuader's atomic axe is bitten in half! haha!

Well, I think the Persuader's axe should be more durable ... but I liked the execution of M-E Lad's skills.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,018
Posts1,044,859
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP