Roll Call
0 members (), 18 Murran Spies, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Gaseous Lad - 04/25/24 01:27 PM
So, what are you listening to?
by Gaseous Lad - 04/25/24 01:26 PM
DC/Marvel Crossovers to be collected in 2024
by Ann Hebistand - 04/25/24 08:21 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by idle - 04/25/24 05:38 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/25/24 12:32 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/24/24 03:52 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/24/24 03:52 AM
Crow! Tell us the good things going on in your life!
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/24/24 03:49 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Klar Ken T5477’s Last Tales
Klar Ken T5477 #782098 08/02/13 08:11 AM
K
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
K
American Bandstand
And Everything Nice
Annie Oakley
Arthur Godfrey’s Talent Scouts
Arthur Murray’s Dance Party
The Betty White Show
The Bing Cosby Show
The Bob Hope Show
Buck Rogers
Burns and Allen
Candid Camera
Captain Video and His Video Rangers
The Cisco Kid
Coke Time with Eddie Fisher
Crusader Rabbit
The Dave Garroway Show
Ding Dong School
Disneyland (later, the Wonderful World of Disney; still later, Walt Disney’s Wonderful World of Color)
Doctor I.Q.
Dragnet
The Ed Wynn Show
Father Knows Best
Fireside Theater
Flash Gordon
Ford Television Theater
General Electric Theatre
The George Burns and Gracie Allen Show
The Hallmark Hall of Fame
Hopalong Cassidy
Howdy Doody
I Am the Law
I Love Lucy
I've Got a Secret
The Jimmy Durante Show
The Johns Hopkins Science Review
The Keystone Kops
The Adventures of Kit Carson
Kukla, Fran and Ollie
The Life of Riley
Life with Buster Keaton
Life with Linkletter
The Lone Ranger
The Magic Clown
The Mighty Mouse Playhouse
Mr. Peepers
My Favorite Husband
Mystery Theater
Name That Tune
Our Miss Brooks
The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet
Passport to Danger
People Are Funny
Pepsi-Cola Playhouse
Philco Television Playhouse
Phillip Morris Playhouse
The Plainclothesman
Popeye the Sailor
Ramar of the Jungle
Range Rider
The Red Skelton Show
Rescue 8
The Adventures of Rin Tin Tin
Rocky Jones, Space Ranger
Rootie Kazootie
The Roy Rogers Show
Shadow of the Cloak
Sky King
Space Patrol
The Spike Jones Show
The Stranger
Super Circus
The Adventures of Superman, starring George Reeves
Tales of Tomorrow
The Three Musketeers
The Three Stooges (Four of the seven Three Stooges were the sons of Rabbis)
Time For Beany (pre-Cecil, the sea-sick sea serpent)
Topper
Truth or Consequences
The Victor Borge Show
Watch Mr. Wizard
What’s My Line?
The Adventures of Wild Bill Hickock
Winky Dink and You
You Asked For It
Groucho Marx’s “You Bet Your Life”

I just wanted to say that.

“I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal.” -- Groucho Marx
Set #782153 08/03/13 08:08 AM
K
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
K
Originally Posted by Set
Ha, I had a short scene with Violet having to hide from a wall of anti-matter inside Quislet's ship (one of the few things nearby that could survive said wall of anti-matter...), only to discover there were thirty or forty tiny alien people crewing the 'Quislet,' which was the name of the ship, and the 'energy being' that everyone thought of as Quislet was actually a ship's weapon...

We were actually shown what Quislet and his people looked like, around the time it gave Wildfire a body. Things might be different in the Retroboot, though.
I like your idea of Quislet's ship having a large complement of crew, however, I think an improvement would be for the Tealliens to have the ability to temporarily 'possess' material objects... but everytime one of them does, it dies... (of course, they have different standards of morality than we do, otherwise 'Quislet' would never use its powers)

“I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal.” -- Groucho Marx
Klar Ken T5477 #782154 08/03/13 08:11 AM
K
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
K
There is something very strange about Mercury.

Astronomers in the 19th century noted that Mercury’s orbit did not precisely fit the predictions of Newtonian mechanics. It appeared that postulating the existence of another planet within the orbit of Mercury would solve most of the problem. This hypothetical planet was named “Vulcan”, and during eclipses of the 19th and early 20th centuries, astronomers all over the world looked for it.

After Einstein published his General Theory of Relativity, it was realized that one of the resultant predictions was that the energy of the Sun’s huge gravitational field would itself have mass, producing a secondary gravitational field, which completely accounted for the variation in Mercury’s orbit.

So Einstein’s General Theory obliterated the Vulcan hypothesis.

Unfortunately, it worked too well. The Einstein’s theory accounts for, within the margin of error, 100% of Mercury’s orbital perturbations. Although there may not be a planet within the orbit of Mercury, one would expect something to be there. After all, there are asteroids and dust and small rocks floating all over the rest of the Solar System Earth itself regularly encounters clouds of miscellaneous rock, resulting in, for example, the annual Perseid meteor showers. However, unless the space-detritus within the orbit of Mercury is distributed remarkably homogeneously, there is virtually nothing there.

Furthermore, careful observation of the area within Mercury’s orbit shows… nothing. With a high degree of certainty, we can say that there is nothing 100 meters or larger orbiting the sun within the orbit of Mercury. It is just empty there.

In addition, recent up-close-and-personal photography of Mercury show that its craters are really, really old. Nothing of any substantial size has impacted there in a long, long time.

Both theory and observation tell us that the interior of Mercury’s orbit is strangely empty.

Why is the interior of Mercury’s orbit such a perfect vacuum? Is there some aspect of gravitational mechanics which we are unaware of? Is there some kind of massless wormhole / vortex orbiting nearer the Sun which sweeps that area clean? Or was there some cataclysmic event early in the formation of the Solar System which resulted in this strange emptiness?

No one knows. Even more confounding now, we have observed other stars, similar in size to our Sun, which have planets orbiting them way closer than Mercury.

As one wag put it, “There is a hole in the bottom of the Solar System.”

Klar Ken T5477 #782650 08/06/13 07:18 AM
K
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
K
One of my favorite parts of the Legion—possibly my favorite part—was Legion Tryouts / Rejects / The Legion of Substitute Heroes.

Legion Rejects are easy and fun to create; since their powers don’t need to be useful—in fact, are better when they are wholly useless.

Here are a few.

the Ant – Ant-sized hero with the proportional strength of an ant

Anti-Chlorophyll Kid – Can shrink any plant

Antipath – Giant virus

Anything Boy – Randomly transforms into anything, animal, vegetable, mineral, or
energy-construct

Atomic Girl – Humorless Bismollian

Banana Lad – When he eats one of his special radioactive bananas, he turns into a random primate

Bizarro Yellow Lantern Le-Mon

Brummagem – Can duplicate any power, but only at very low levels. (example: warmth vision rather than heat vision)

Butterfly Girl – Can morph into a swarm of butterflies (one of her butterflies has a crush on ‘the Ant’)

Cake-Frosting-Hair Girl

the Changeling – A perfect magical duplicate of DingBat, she does not share her powers, and is completely invisible to her

Circe's Daughter (Aion Capella of the Sorceror's World) - The Wand of Circe allows her to transform any sentient into any sort of were-creature.

Decal Damsel – Can create an image of anything she is looking at on any smooth surface

DingBat – Magic-blind, resembles LassBat in appearance

the Electro-Static Kid – Able to build up an electrostatic charge without shuffling his feet!.

Flavour Lass – Can change the flavor of any substance

Gelatinus – Can morph into indestructible gelatin

Gerbil Commander – mental command of rodents

HandyMan – Can grow his hands to giant size. (and his feet, but he is embarrassed about that aspect of his power)

HydroSphere – Merman who can create a levitating sphere of salt-water around himself

HyperPulse – Able to emit an hypermagnetic pulse which temporarily shuts down all electronic and organic systems within a radius of 1 km, including himself

LassBat – Flight, ultrasonics. Hails from the planet Langstrom, where everyone looks like Man-Bat.

Liability Lass – Magically loses any and every competition

Lumina – Able to manifest ‘St. Elmo’s Fire’ at will

Pastry-Chef Lad – Can create any bread or cake product ex nihilo, except for icing

Pretty Polly – Super-ventriloquism

Repulso – Continuously projects a psionic field, making himself nauseating to anyone in his vicinity

Rock-Softener Lad – Can temporarily make rock as soft as pillows

Salamandrea – Re-constitutes and re-animates immediately after immolation

Sir Galahad (Gwalchavad) – Suffers from the delusion that he actually is Sir Galahad. His strength is as the strength of ten because he is a mutant, and he believes his heart to be pure.

SleepyHead – Can put herself and any one other person to sleep

Solomon Grundy, Junior

StarChart – Has memorized the location and orbit of each star and planet in the Milky Way Galaxy

Tentacle King - Able to transmute both organic and inorganic limb-like appendages (arms, tree-branches, table-legs, etc.) into writhing, slimy tentacles and eye-stalks.

Tickle & Itch: Tickle is a human girl with the ability to tickle people from a distance. Itch is a gremlin-like non-human alien with the ability to make people itch from a distance.

Translucent Lad – When he took Norgine elixir, he became an almost-invisible kid.

Virl Girl – Has the ability to project illusions affecting the sense of virl; can make vyruryu sense like other vyruryu, or even create the illusion of vyruryu that are not even there. Also has an enhanced sense of virl, able to sense far further into the vyruryan spectrum, both dextral and widdershins.

Volailler (Alex Xam of the Sorceror's World) Owns Chanticleer, a magical blue rooster who can instantaneously teleport himself and others anywhere in the Galaxy when he crows.

Vroloka – All the vulnerabilities of a Vampire, and none of the powers (Sort of a reverse-Edward Cullen) but reincarnates every night at sundown.

White Elephant – A magic amulet transformed him into a giant white elephant. Now he can’t change back.

…some of these may not be original with me; I sometimes cannot remember if I invented things myself, or read them elsewhere. I do know that in at least two other places, I have seen Kid Cthulhu and S.E.P. Lad mentioned. (neither is included on this list)

Klar Ken T5477 #782699 08/06/13 04:15 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
I love Virl Girl. "I have the power to totally fool a sense that, uh, I guess none of you have? Weird. On my homeworld, I'm like, invincible..."

"Really, if you could just virl what I'm doing right now, you guys would be totally impressed!"

Brummagem is also kind of fun, like a way toned down Duplicate Boy. "Hey, you never know when the ability to just light up an area and make it warm and comfy will prove useful Sun Boy!" "Well, it's not telepathy, per se, but I can mimic a fraction of Saturn Girl's powers, to make myself super-good at guessing what other people are thinking and sort of suggesting to them what I'm thinking, like super-charades! Bet you don't have anybody with super-charades powers on the team!"

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
Klar Ken T5477 #782765 08/07/13 07:48 AM
K
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
K
Legion Applicants are like a box of chocolates...

Klar Ken T5477 #782766 08/07/13 07:50 AM
K
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
K
Concepts for the Earth-3 (or Anti-Matter Earth) Evil Legion:

(1) On a dystopic 31st-century Earth were cruel tyrants rule the galaxy with an iron hand, the Legion of Super-Delinquents is a teen-age gang of hoodlums, anarchists, extortionists, terrorists, and thieves. Fighting against the system, the do not seek so much to overturn it, but to get (or steal) their piece of the pie.

(2) The Legion of Super-Despots is in fact a loose association of the cruel (adult) tyrants who rule the various worlds of the U.P.
a. Triad and Bounder rule the world of Carggg...
b. The Black Witch rules the Sorcerer’s World, having overthrown Mordru, assisted by a supremely powerful being known as the Black Golem...
c. The Saturn Queen and her Prince Consort, Garth of Winath, the Storm King, rule Saturn’s moon Titan...
d. Lady Lightning, having slain her older brother, Lightning Lord, rules Winath in his place...
e. The ruthless woman known only as Violet rules over both Imsk and Orzde...
f. The thousand-year-old Lord Gand is the Master of Daxam, his first lieutenant being his brutal 31st-century descendant, Laurel...
g. Earth is divided into a number of warring nations. The lands of North and South America, ruled by the Sun Emperor and the Rainbow Empress, is in an uneasy armistice with Eastern and Western Europe, currently ruled by Lyle Norg and Jacques Foccart, joint heads of the ruling coalition known as The Unseen. Another coalition is headed by the hideous Iron Pharaohs, which controls the Middle East and Africa. The Far East is ruled by the Karate Master and the strange alien Princess Projectra. The whole of Russia is a nuclear wasteland, inhabited by mutant animal-men, and ruled by the boy-king, Kamandi...
h. Mars is ruled by the Leviathan, the Colossus...
i. The world of Bgztl, under the rule of the Phantom Queen, is at war with Teall, an evil composite intelligence, and Marzal, ruled by Tyroc, whose name means, “Shout of the Devil”. Earth, Mars, and Titan sometimes gets caught in the middle of the battles, which occur across three neighboring dimensions...
j. Brainiac 5 still rules Colu, in an unbroken line of command since the original Brainiac came to power over a millenium ago...

(3) The Legion of Super-Pirates is a space-going fleet of super-powered teens, terrorizing the Galaxy on behalf of their sponsor, the greatest pirate of them all, R.J. Brande…

(4) On Earth-Three, in the 20th century, three aspiring young super-powered delinquents contact the teen-aged Clark Kent (Ultramanboy), and invite him to join their criminal gang one thousand years in the future. He viciously kills them all…

Klar Ken T5477 #782853 08/08/13 07:22 AM
K
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
K
The Violet-Quislet story, continued...

“Wildfire says your name is ‘Yod’,” said Salu. “Am I pronouncing that right?”
“‘¥□Δ’”, said Quislet. “But close.”
“’YngQwdh?” asked Salu.
“Better to stick with ‘Quislet’,” said ¥□Δ. “Speaking of he, Quislet hopes Wildfire gets here soon.”

Synopsis of remaining Quislet-Violet story:
…Quislet creates a new anti-energy body for Wildfire, this one compressed match the size of Quislet and Violet. He also re-forms his own body, first reverting back to his pink-energy-sphere Teallien form, then morphing into a blue-white copy of Wildfire, but in approximately female shape.

“Wait a minute,” says Wildfire. “You mean, you’ve been a girl all the time?”
“Boy-girl do not exist on Teall. Much more complicated. But Quislet is… more than half-girl.”

Quislet explains that she / he / it is taking them all to Xul, a planet outside UP space, where a race of micro-life needs the Legion’s help. When they arrive on the planet, they see it is inhabited primarily by giant, eight-legged dinosaurs, some of which have developed to a 1st-millenium technological level. However, there is a small plateau, about ten miles wide, on a desolate, isolated island in the midst of great sea where very different race exists.

They resemble water bears, and one of them has found a damaged Green Lantern ring. The ring appears over twenty stories tall to the tiny denizens of this world. Despite the fact that it retains only a 2% charge, it is a formidable weapon of almost incalculable power, and the renegade tardigradoid alien, using it as his fortress and as a weapon of mass destruction, has assumed total dictatorial control over its fellows.

After a prolonged battle defending the insurgency from the attacks of the Ring-Dictator, Violet, Wildfire and Quislet meet with a council of the Xulons to determine strategy. Four plans are suggested.

1) Wildfire and / or Quislet could use their powers to attempt to destroy the ring directly
2) Wildfire, Violet, and Quislet could continue battling the ring’s constructs, until the ring runs out of power
3) Shrinking Violet could grow to her natural size, and either:
a. Flies the ring far away to the other side of the planet
b. Puts the ring on, shrinks down to sub-microscopic size, and leaves the ring lost somewhere in the microverse
c. Attempts to exhaust the ring’s power
4) The ring is obviously damaged. Otherwise it would have returned to Oa; it would not have responded to the will of the Ring-Dictator without making him a Green Lantern, and informing Sodam Yat. Damaged, it will probably respond to the will-power of any individual: the Xulon population could possibly exercise their collective will in opposition to the Ring-Dictator’s, and gain popular control over the ring. The remaining power of the ring could then be used for good and useful purposes, depending on the will of the population of Xul.

It is decided to attempt the fourth option. The Xulons are successful, the Ring-Dictator is brought to justice, and the Legion returns home…

…which leads to the possibility of a Xulon Legionnaire, or even an entire Legion of Xul… but that’s another story.

Klar Ken T5477 #782963 08/09/13 05:56 PM
K
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
K
Drug Abuse in the 31st century:

Well, there is Silverale, which is actually legal on Rimbor. Other popular recreational drugs include:

Norgine: Hallucinogen. Allows the user to see ‘visions of the afterlife’. Side effect: temporary invisibility.

Tainsulin: Mood elevator. Side effect: temporary physical deformity.

Gingold: Muscle relaxant. Serious abusers can by found lying around, strung out all over the place. Side effect: the stuff tastes awful.

Thiotimoline: Hallucinogen. Students will use this mind-expanding drug in order to undergo the experience taking tomorrow’s tests today. Side effect: severe temporal disorientation.

Levitatrol (Largandium chloride): Mood elevator. Side effect: causes actual, physical levitation.

Rannantarite: Mood suppressor. Quick antidote to Levitatrol. Side effects: Users will feel slow, heavy, and lethargic all day.

Red Sigellian: Hallucinogen. Radioactive material which produces bizarre, random psychological and physiological effects. Extremely dangerous, both to users and those who they may come in contact with.

Klar Ken T5477 #783115 08/11/13 02:18 AM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
A sinister 'drug.'

Dot - this red paste is administered to the skin, somewhere where arteries and veins are near the surface, such as the wrist or the side of the neck. It causes an incredible high, total blissful euphoria, with a pleasurable tingle just at the edge of consciousness. The 'tingle' increases when you please someone else, by, say, doing what they tell you to do. The drug makes people crazy suggestible, and even willing to hurt themselves to do things suggested to them by those who have the right tone of voice.

That tone of voice happens to sound almost exactly what the Dominator ambassador sounds like...

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
Klar Ken T5477 #783136 08/11/13 09:18 AM
K
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
K
Interesting that in the Dominion, the higher the social rank, the more 'dot' is allowed (required?) to be used.

Klar Ken T5477 #783511 08/15/13 07:56 AM
K
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
K
Rhode's Asteroid, a tiny world of only about 1,000 square miles located out in the middle of deep space.

It has an artificial sun, and an artificial atmosphere held in by a polymer sphere.

Positioned half-way between Xanthu and Rimbor, it is an important location for space-traffic.

Klar Ken T5477 #783512 08/15/13 07:58 AM
K
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
K
We all know that successful super-heroines are pretty rare in the comics.
The Legion has been one place where original female characters shine.
But female Legionnaires are pretty well outnumbered in the Legion.

The Original Legion gave us eleven:
Dawnstar
Dream Girl
Lightning Lass
Phantom Girl
Princess Projectra
Saturn Girl
Shadow Lass
Shrinking Violet
Supergirl
Triplicate Girl
White Witch

Thirteen, if you include Lana (Insect Queen) Lang from the Legion Reserves,
and the deceased Quantum Queen from the Adult Legion stories.

Four extant heroines were said to have joined during the 5-year gap:
Infectious Lass, Night Girl, Nightwind, and Lamprey.

"Five-Years-Later also gave us seven more female Legionnaires:
Laurel Gand (YAY!), Kono, Computo, Celeste, Spider Girl (also a member of the Legion of Super-Villains, and Earth-Man's Justice League, in other realities), and the Khund VeilMist.

And Catspaw. I always forget Catspaw.

That is twenty-four out of some ninety listed Legionnaires in the original Legion, Reserve, Adult Legion, and 5YL.
Pretty good for comics generally, but still just over a quarter of the Legion.

The Earth-247 Legion was a golden age for new female Legionnaires, as a percentage of new characters, introducing
Inferno, Kid Quantum 2, Kinetix, Monstress, Shikari, Thunder and XS.
Seven female Legionnaires, but only two new male members: Conner Kent and Gear (I.Z.O.R.)

You could argue that the Conner Kent / Kon-El Superboy is not really an original character,
or that Sensor the Snake is, but five-to-two, or six-to-one, it still looks good for the girls.

Just as an aside, I personally count all the Superboys named Kal-El or Kal-L from all the various Earths and Pocket Universes as variations on a single character.

I count all the Legion Supergirls as one Supergirl, but Laurel Gand as a separate character.

I count all the Projectras, human or snake or double-hearted, as one character.

I count Shikari and Dawnstar as two characters. They seem different enough to me.

But that's just me.

The Threeboot Legion gave us the characters Theena (YAY!), Sizzle and Gazelle, although only semi-Legionnaires, but also introduced at least as many more male semi-Legionnaires, lame though they may have been:
Dream Boy, Fruit Boy, Turtle... probably some others. I lost interest.

The current Retroboot?- gives us Chameleon Girl, Night Girl, DragonWing and Harmonia Li.

All in all, over time, less than one-third of the official Legion members have been female, even excluding ambiguously-sexed characters like Tellus and Quislet.

Klar Ken T5477 #783513 08/15/13 08:00 AM
K
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
K
One way writers create female characters is to take a popular male character, and introduce a female “sister” or "cousin".

Thus, while we have seen a Lightning Lass, Kid Quantum 2, Supergirl, and Chameleon Girl, we have not seen:

Antennae Girl
Blackout Girl
BloodClawette
Bouncing Lass
Calamity Queen
Chlorophyll Queen
Cosmic Girl
Crystal Kid (Female)
Dynamo Lass
Echo 2 (Female)
Elastic Lass
Element Lass
Ferro Lass and her twin sister, Ferro Lass
Fire Lass (Oh, wait, maybe that's DragonWing)
FireFistette
FlederWebbette
Gear Girl
Gravity Girl
Impulse Girl (Danvers Shakespeare)
Invisible Girl
Karate Queen
Magnetic Lass
Nemesis Lass
Polar Girl (Ice Queen?)
Porcupine Patricia
Queen Psycho
Reflecto Lass
Size Lass
Star Girl
Stone Girl
Storm Girl
The Female Version of Tyroc
That Two-Headed Girl from Janus
Ultra Girl
Variable Lass
Visi-Lass
31st-century Zrfff Girl (Descendant of Gsptlsnz?)

Klar Ken T5477 #783525 08/15/13 11:54 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Hi Klar, you missed out Glorith and Comet Queen in your retro boot list. Love the list of possible female characters above.

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
Harbinger #783565 08/16/13 04:22 AM
K
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
K
Originally Posted by Harbinger
Hi Klar, you missed out Glorith and Comet Queen in your retro boot list.

Yep.

Last edited by Klar Ken T5477; 08/16/13 04:22 AM.

Klar Ken T5477 #783661 08/17/13 07:44 AM
K
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
K

Things are a bit better if I look at the various Legions separately: the female-to-male ratio runs at nearly 40% overall: pretty good for the comics.

As with all lists, I probably left someone out.

Classic / Retroboot Legion (including 5YL Glorithverse)
1 f Chameleon Girl
2 f Comet Queen
3 f Dawnstar / Bounty
4 f Dragonwing
5 f Dream Girl
6 f Glorith
7 f Harmonia Li
8 f Kono (Brita An'Nan)
9 f Laurel Gand
10 f Lightning Lass / Light Lass / Pulse
11 f Neon / Darkstar (Celeste Rockfish-McCauley)
12 f Night Girl
13 f Phantom Girl / Phase
14 f Princess Projectra / Queen Projectra / Sensor Girl
15 f Saturn Girl
16 f Shadow Lass
17 f Shrinking Violet / Virus
18 f Spider Girl / Wave
19 f Supergirl
20 f Triplicate Girl / Duo Damsel / Duplicate Girl
21 f Veilmist
22 f White Witch / Jewel / Black Witch
23 f XS

1 m Blok
2 m Blood Claw
3 m Bouncing Boy
4 m Brainiac 5 / B-5
5 m Chameleon Boy / Chameleon
6 m Chemical Kid
7 m Chemical King
8 m Colossal Boy
9 m Cosmic Boy / Polestar
10 m Earth-Man
11 m ERG-1 / Wildfire / NRG
12 m Ferro Lad
13 m Firefist
14 m Flederweb
15 m Green Lantern (Rond Vidar - Posthumous Member)
16 m Impulse (Kent Shakespeare)
17 m Invisible Kid
18 m Invisible Kid II
19 m Karate Kid / Xi
20 m Kid Quantum
21 m Lightning Lad
22 m Magnetic Kid
23 m Matter-Eater Lad
24 m Mon-El / Valor
25 m Element Lad
26 m Nemesis Kid
27 m Polar Boy
28 m Reflex (Devlin O'Ryan)
29 m Star Boy / Starman
30 m Sun Boy
31 m Superboy
32 m Timber Wolf / Furball
33 m Tyroc
34 m Ultra Boy / Emerald Dragon

1 x Gates
2 x Quislet
3 x Tellus
40% female vs male

5YGap Legion
1 f Infectious Lass
2 f Lamprey
3 f Nightwind

1 m Calamity King
2 m Chlorophyll Kid
3 m Color Kid
4 m Crystal Kid
5 m Echo
6 m Fire Lad
7 m Karate Kid II
8 m Porcupine Pete
9 m Stone Boy
10 m Storm Boy
11 m Visi-Lad
21% female vs male

Special Mention
f Insect Queen (Lana Lang)
m Blackout Boy
m Command Kid
m Dynamo Boy
m Elastic Lad (Jimmy Olsen)
m "False Pretenses Kid" (Jan Jor?)
m Gravity Boy
m Kid Psycho
m Magnetic Lad
m Pete Ross
m Power Boy (Jed Rikane)
m Size Lad
m Variable Lad

Batch SW6 Legion
1 f Andromeda
2 f Apparition
3 f Catspaw
4 f Computo II (Danielle Foccart)
5 f Gossamer / Spark
6 f Princess Projectra (2) (Almost immediately deceased)
7 f Saturn Girl (2)
8 f Shrinking Violet (2)
9 f Triad

1 m Alchemist
2 m Brainiac 5 (2)
3 m Chameleon Boy (2) (Almost immediately deceased)
4 m Cosmic Boy (2)
5 m Dragonmage
6 m Ferro
7 m Inferno (Batch SW6 Dirk Morgna)
8 m Invisible Kid (3)
9 m Karate Kid (3)
10 m Leviathan
11 m Live Wire
12 m Matter-Eater Lad, Junior
13 m Star Boy
14 m Ultra Boy (2)
15 m Valor (2) (Almost immediately deceased)
38% female vs male

Reboot Legion
1 f Andromeda
2 f Apparition
3 f Dreamer
4 f Kid Quantum II
5 f Kinetix
6 f Monstress
7 f Saturn Girl (3)
8 f Sensor (Snake)
9 f Shikari
10 f Shrinking Violet (3)
11 f Spark
12 f Thunder
13 f Triad (2)
f XS (already counted above)

1 m Alchemist / Element Lad / the Progenitor
2 m Brainiac 5 / Brainiac 5.1
3 m Chameleon (3)
4 m Cosmic Boy (3)
5 m Gear
6 m Ferro
7 m Invisible Kid (4)
8 m Karate Kid (4)
9 m Leviathan (2)
10 m Live Wire (2)
11 m Magno
12 m Matter-Eater Lad (2)
13 m Star Boy (2)
14 m Superboy (Connor Kent)
15 m Ultra Boy (3)
16 m Valor / M'Onel
17 m Wildfire-2 / Feral Star
18 m Wolfpack

x Gates (already counted above)
42% female vs male

Threeboot Legion
1 f Atom Girl (a.k.a. Shrinking Violet)
2 f Dream Girl
3 f Gazelle
4 f Lightning Lass
5 f Night Girl
6 f Phantom Girl
7 f Princess Projectra
8 f Saturn Girl
9 f Shadow Lass
10 f Sizzle
11 f Supergirl
12 f Triplicate Girl

1 m Brainiac 5
2 m Cosmic Boy
3 m Dream Boy
4 m Element Lad
5 m Invisible Kid
6 m Karate Kid
7 m Lightning Lad
8 m Micro Lad (a.k.a. Colossal Boy)
9 m Mon-El (?)
10 m Star Boy
11 m Sun Boy
12 m Timber Wolf
13 m Turtle
14 m Ultra Boy

x Chameleon
46% female vs male

Special Mention
f Theena
f Virus

m Fruit Boy
m M’Rissey
m Sludge
m Sonar
m Spy
m Voice

Total Males: 92
Total Females: 60
39% female vs male

Total Xenales: 4

TOTAL LEGIONNAIRES: 156

Klar Ken T5477 #783662 08/17/13 07:45 AM
K
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
K
DNA Taxonomists over at the Smithsonian Institution have identified a heretofore unknown, small (and, apparently, this is important: carnivorous) mammal, officially labeled the Olinguito.

I have read that some people think the Olinguito is cute. But then, some people think that filthy, slovenly, malodorous, ill-tempered Lagomorphs are cute.

The Olinguito is a smaller version of the South American Olingo; clearly, however, it is genetically a different species altogether.

Olingos are Procyonoids, related to the Raccoon (true Procyons) as well as the Coati, Kinkajou, Ring-Tailed ‘Cat’, and (this is a new one to me) the Cacomistle (or Tlahcomiztl).

Japanese Raccoon Dogs, or Temuki, are apparently and entirely different genus.

So the question is:

New Olinguito character: Member of the Legion of Super-Heroes, or member of the Legion of Super-Pets?

Klar Ken T5477 #783668 08/17/13 06:10 PM
K
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
K

Klar Ken T5477 #783918 08/19/13 07:35 AM
K
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
K
And now for a brief off-topic series: Books told entirely by their first and last lines.

Klar Ken T5477 #783919 08/19/13 07:36 AM
K
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
K
Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carrol
Alice was beginning to get very tired of sitting by her sister on the bank, and of having 6
nothing to do: once or twice she had peeped into the book her sister was reading, but
it had no pictures or conversations in it, ‘and what is the use of a book,’ thought Alice
‘without pictures or conversation?’

Lastly, she pictured to herself how this same little sister of hers would, in the after-time, 816
be herself a grown woman; and how she would keep, through all her riper years, the
simple and loving heart of her childhood: and how she would gather about her other little
children, and make THEIR eyes bright and eager with many a strange tale, perhaps even
with the dream of Wonderland of long ago: and how she would feel with all their simple
sorrows, and find a pleasure in all their simple joys, remembering her own child-life, and
the happy summer days.

Klar Ken T5477 #783920 08/19/13 07:37 AM
K
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
K
Through the Looking-Glass (and What Alice Found There) by Lewis Carrol
One thing was certain, that the WHITE kitten had had nothing to do with it:–it was the 823
black kitten’s fault entirely.

Which do YOU think it was?

Klar Ken T5477 #783921 08/19/13 07:38 AM
K
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
K
Tarzan of the Apes by Edgar Rice Burroughs
I had this story from one who had no business to tell it to me, or to any other.

“My mother was an Ape, and of course she couldn’t tell me much about it. I never knew who my father was.”

Klar Ken T5477 #784007 08/20/13 07:28 AM
K
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
K
Peter Pan by James Barrie
All children, except one, grow up.

When Margaret grows up she will have a daughter, who is to be Peter's mother in turn; and thus it will go on, so long as children are gay and innocent and heartless.

Klar Ken T5477 #784008 08/20/13 07:29 AM
K
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
K
The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum
DOROTHY LIVED IN the midst of the great Kansas prairies, with Uncle Henry, who was a farmer, and Aunt Em, who was the farmer's wife.

"From the Land of Oz," said Dorothy gravely. "And here is Toto, too. And oh, Aunt Em! I'm so glad to be at home again!"

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,019
Posts1,044,938
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
walkwithcrowds
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Eishuu
Eishuu
Canada
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star