Roll Call
0 members (), 7 Murran Spies, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread XLIX - We're Getting Old
by thoth lad - 03/27/24 05:03 PM
So, what are you listening to?
by Gaseous Lad - 03/27/24 04:21 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by idle - 03/27/24 10:23 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by thoth lad - 03/27/24 10:17 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by thoth lad - 03/27/24 10:15 AM
Share more completely random things!
by thoth lad - 03/27/24 10:15 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 03/27/24 07:41 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#797472 12/28/13 01:26 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Are you trying to log on using any browser and you can't get past the log in screen? Or randomly as you move from page to page, you're logged off automatically? You may have a cookie issue.

A cookie is a small piece of information stored by your browser to help identify who you are. This message board uses cookies to keep you logged into your account as you move from page to page. If your cookie isn't being accepted correctly, you'll be logged out of your account as soon as you move to a different page -- or in this case try to move from the "log in process" to actually being logged in. This will block you from signing in or staying signed in.

There are a number of reasons why your cookie may not be set properly. We have listed the possible reasons and their solutions below. We recommend trying the steps in order as they are listed from easiest to fix to most difficult.

1. The date on your computer is set incorrectly.
Since cookies rely on dates, a computer with an incorrect date may mislead your browser into forgetting about your cookie. To fix this, set the correct time and date on your computer.

2. You have installed an application that monitors/blocks cookies from being sent.
These include virus protection software, etc. To remedy this, simply disable the monitoring application before logging in.

3. You are behind a firewall that doesn't allow you to receive cookies.
This is sometimes the case for users connecting from a business intranet that limits cookie acceptance for security reasons. Contact your system administrator to see if this is the case.

4. You have Windows as your operating system, and the FIREWALL settings are not allowing you to receive cookies.
Make the appropriate changes to allow your system to accept cookies from our domain name(s): legionworld.net or legionworld.com.

5. Your browser is not set to accept cookies.
Most browsers have the option of accepting all cookies, showing an alert before accepting a cookie, or not accepting cookies at all. In order to use Legion World's message boards, your browser must be set to accept all cookies without alerts. Don't select the option that will display an alert before accepting cookies. Below are the setting instructions for several popular browser types. When making adjustments, be sure to confirm any changes you make by clicking the "OK" button in the Options windows.

Accepting cookies in Internet Explorer.

Accepting cookies in Firefox.

Accepting cookies in Chrome.

Accepting cookies in Safari.

Accepting cookies in Opera.

6. Your browser's cookie files are corrupted.
Sometimes corrupted cookie files won't support Legion World's message boards. Try shutting all of your browser's windows, and then deleting the cookie files in your browser's directories. Usually, these files will be called simply "Cookies." As always, be sure that you have selected the proper files before actually deleting them.

How to delete cookies for Internet Explorer.

How to delete cookies for Firefox.

7. Your browser is corrupted.
If the above suggestions haven't helped you to solve the problem, it may be that your browser itself is corrupted. The easiest solution may be to try another browser (if you have one) on your computer. You may wish to reinstall your current browser as well by finding the original installation file and repeating the install process. As a last resort, you can download a new browser or an updated version of your present browser, from the Web.* Note that this may take a while, depending on your Internet connection.

Re: Log In Issues
Nightcrawler #797474 12/28/13 01:30 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Due to a recent upgrade in this message board's software. The problem many people are having is related to #6. As this upgrade changed the Legion World's cookies time stamps.

Finding and deleting cookies for your browser manually should fix the issues.

Nightcrawler #883526 12/31/15 01:33 AM
Tempus Fugitive
Online Confused
Tempus Fugitive
Crumbs! I've not been able to log in at home over the last couple of days, but it looks as though it's just me. Off to use the advice above to fix it.

"...not having to believe in a thing to be interested in it and not having to explain a thing to appreciate the wonder of it."
Nightcrawler #883531 12/31/15 03:11 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Man you had to drag up this thread. Just reminds me I have cookie issues, nookie issues and occasionally bookie issues.

Sometimes I had to play a game of logging in the main forum page, immediately jumping to mystuff-posts, logging in again and it would take. Not so much anymore.

Clicking "remember me" is a sure fail. I'll be logged out sure fire.

No matter what, once my browser is closed, I'm going to be logging in next time I bring up the site. As far as I can tell, I have cookies enabled....

Not a big bother, once I figured out how to stay logged in at least for the browser session. IE version whatever.

Still the best message board web-site ever.

Nightcrawler #1015250 05/21/22 10:19 AM
G
Leader
Leader
G
Is anyone else having really bad cookie issues on Chrome based browsers? None of my chromium ones are working right or allowing me to log in, even if I clear cookies.

Interested in the Post-Zero Hour Reboot Legion? Check out:

The Reboot Legion Timeline

Fan Fiction: The Legion of Super-Heroes v4.1 (continuing the reboot from issue 126!) on LW or here (external)

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,012
Posts1,044,269
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Joe Kalicki
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
String
String
The Bright, Sunny South
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star