Roll Call
0 members (), 9 Murran Spies, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by idle - 03/28/24 09:35 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by idle - 03/28/24 08:46 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 03/28/24 07:59 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by stile86 - 03/28/24 07:57 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by stile86 - 03/28/24 07:56 PM
Kill This Thread XLIX - We're Getting Old
by Ann Hebistand - 03/28/24 05:28 PM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Ann Hebistand - 03/28/24 05:24 PM
Who's Who in Raz's Legion? *added ALEK ARCANE 4 February*
by Invisible Brainiac - 03/28/24 11:42 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 49 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 48 49
Re: The Continuing Adventures of the Postboot Legion!
Invisible Brainiac #817340 08/17/14 08:51 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Wow it's getting really intense now IB! The great team ups are a hoot, as are the use of characters from our era - sort of Legion zombie magic user apocalypse on steroids- it's great stuff!

Mordru freeing himself from Hadru's catalytic abilities spells bad news (pun intended) so i@m looking forward to how you resolve this without killing everyone in the process - you're not going to, are you?

More, more, more IB, please....

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
Invisible Brainiac #817342 08/17/14 09:28 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Thanks Harbi!I really love mixing and matching unusual combinations of characters. I'm really stoked to finish up, it's not going to be easy but I think I know what do do...

Invisible Brainiac #817995 08/24/14 01:49 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Feel daunted by the length of this thread? You can also check out the Recap Thread to catch up!

VOLUME 2: SCATTERED SOULS

In another Legion's universe...

"Cos? Imra? Tasmia? Brek? Nura?" Phantom Girl's breath tightened with each name that she called. Of the over fifty Legionnaires and reservists she'd brought along, less than two dozen were gathered around her. And not all of them were in good shape.

She looked around the little shelter they had created around their cruiser. Chemical Kid lay groaning as he held his ribs. Chlorophyll Kid was nursing a broken arm. Timber Wolf growled as he leaned against a wall; he had been magically blinded by one of the Doctor Fates. A goat with green-and-yellow fur chewed on a rock; an encounter with Circe had gone poorly for Matter-Eater Lad.

"It's pretty bad, isn't it?" A shrunken Rainbow Girl hugged herself as she perched on Tinya's shoulder.

"It is," Tinya admitted as she considered her options. "But we've been in worse spots before." Though her voice was confident, she wasn't feeling quite so sure. She had sent Dawnstar and Ultra Boy out to look for the White Witch's group, but neither had responded to her in the last fifteen minutes. Mon-El and Wildfire had gone out looking for other Legionnaires, only to return ten minutes later with Mon-El setting down a frozen Wildfire and then collapsing onto the ground. Things were looking incredibly grim.

She had to make a choice.

"Cham, Nightwind, start loading the wounded into a cruiser," she ordered. "Lu, have one of your bodies take them somewhere safe. The rest of us still able to fight, gather around. We have to split up and find Mysa's group. We have ran interference as long as we can; we need our magic-users."

The dozen or so remaining able-bodied Legionnaires and allies nodded. Tinya spared a sidelong glance at poor Glorith; somehow, Jennifer Morgan's attack had also frozen her in time. Her face was still contorted in pain. Comet Queen had almost dropped her when she had realized it.

Timber Wolf stepped forward. "I may not be able to see, but I can still smell. Let me take point."

Tinya wasn't about to argue with Brin. "Fine, but Comet Queen will be your eyes. I'll lead the other team." She began dividing the group into two.

"Wait, Phantom Girl!" Mandalla's voice was calm, but Tinya could sense the fear in it. "I sense something intruding into my thought-sphere."

"Brin's team, head left! My team, follow Bouncing Boy right..."

"Ah, ah, no you don't!" A radiant sphere of energy surrounded Comet Queen even as she leaped into the air. Grava gasped as she toppled to the ground, her face a mask of horror. "You mud-snorting asteroid chaser!" she screamed at her attacker. "You took my powers!"

"Let's see if we can get them back." Mandalla gestured at Grava's attacker, whom Phantom Girl recognized as Traci Thirteen. A translucent ball of multi-colored energy surrounded the young Asian sorceress, who stumbled and knelt on the ground.

"Good job, Mandalla," Tinya smiled encouragingly. "Now, quickly, let's move before more show up..."

Before she could finish her sentence, her words were drowned out by the rumble of falling rock. Nightwind quickly blew the dust away from around them. As the air cleared, Tinya's heart fell. Over two dozen of Mordru's slaves stood in the newly-created opening.

"Color Kid," Tinya commanded even as she instinctively phased. Someone had to escape and find Kinetix. Color Kid nodded as he turned everything a uniform shade of black.

A brunette in a long, flowing pink dress shook her head, causing her large gold earrings to sway. "Even though I have little real magic of my own, I can still see through your little trick." She pointed a finger right at Color Kid's location. "If you will, my dear Princess Amethyst."

"Gladly, Madame Xanadu." A blonde in a purple dress and cape raised her arm and fired a blast that blew Color Kid off his feet. The effects of his power disappeared.

"And now, you shall all join us." With a gesture, Amethyst caused a sphere of purple energy to envelope Tinya's entire group. "First, a spell to depower you..." Tinya felt herself turn solid again. She tried to remain calm for the benefit of those with her, though out of the corner of her eye she could see a look of horror appear on Crystal Kid's face. Amethyst gestured yet again, and this time a sphere of pure white settled on them. "And another spell to freeze you in time. Lord Mordru shall be pleased that we have captured each and every one of you."

"Indeed, I am!" Though Tinya couldn't move, her mind began to race as Mordru's deep voice thundered through the cave. She watched in horror as he appeared, over two dozen other Legionnaires levitating behind him as though frozen. Ultra Boy and Dawnstar were among them, as were Brainiac 5, Sensor Girl and Tellus. She quickly searched out Kinetix and the White Witch; thankfully, neither were among the captives. They still had a small amount of hope.

Mordru considered the group carefully, eyes glowing the whole time. "I can already tell that Glorith alone has magic among this group. Fetch her to me, and I shall kill the rest."

A yellow demon clothed in red snapped his fingers, and Glorith levitated through the air to land at Mordru's side. The other Legionnaires flew through the air to land in a heap beside Tinya's group.

"I shall savor this moment," Mordru smiled wide as he raised his hands, both of them crackling with energy. "The day that I have finally destroyed the Legion of Super-Heroes!" Tinya couldn't even close her eyes as the cavern filled with a bright yellow energy.

"Over my dead body, Mor-dud!" Tinya heard gasps as the yellow energy was eclipsed by a bright green glow. She heard Mordru scream in anger and pain as his body lit up.

"You DARE, Zoe Saugin?!" he screamed as he knelt on the ground, facing his attacker.

"You bet I do." Zoe Saugin floated in between the Legionnaires and Mordru, surrounded by a halo of green. "And call me Kinetix." Her blue jeans and blouse warped before Tinya's eyes. transforming into a green bodysuit that cut off at the tops of her legs. The look was completed by green boots, gloves and a set of frills around her waist and shoulders. Tinya recognized it as one of Kinetix's old costumes, from the files her Legion had shared.

"Now that I'm dressed properly," Kinetix smiled, "it's showtime!"

Last edited by Invisible Brainiac; 05/24/15 01:28 AM.
Invisible Brainiac #817996 08/24/14 03:34 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Feel daunted by the length of this thread? You can also check out the Recap Thread to catch up!

Gates had never before felt such terrible pain in his life. Thankfully, his nerves had numbed themselves shortly after the trident had pierced his body.

He stared down blankly as the gold trident hung out of his side. His mind recalled the terrible wounds he had suffered fighting in the 21st century of this universe; but the damage there was just to his skin. Now, his insides were speared and blood was pooling under him.

His eyes met Zoe's as she stared in horror. He heard her calling his name. At last, she remembers. He smiled at her even as he collapsed.

What happened next was nothing short of remarkable. Zoe's body began to glow a brilliant green. With a wave of her arm, she blasted Gates' attacker, the Blue Devil, backwards. Another wave, and she molded the trident into narrow strips of metal so she could slip it out of Gates' body with no pain.

Then Gates began to feel a tingle as his body healed itself before his eyes.

"Z... Zoe," he gasped as he felt his wounds close up and knit themselves.

"Ssssh, I know you're grateful," she smiled as she laid him gently on the ground. The rock molded itself into a soft cushion for him to lie on. "Now, rest. I can knit you up physically, but you will need to recover your energy."

She gave him a smile, then turned to the other Legionnaires. XS, Saturn Girl, Dream Girl, Shrinking Violet and the White Witch all stared at her in awe as their attackers lay on the ground. XS ran forward and hugged Kinetix. "Oh Zoe you're back! You're really, truly back!"

Zoe smiled as she hugged Jenni tight. "It seems like a lifetime ago that we last saw each other, Jenni."

Mysa coughed gently. "I am sorry to interrupt, Legionnaires, but... you have full recollection of everything that has happened, Kinetix?"

"Yes," Zoe's tone darkened as her eyes glowed green. "I remember how Mordru absorbed me, leeched off me, and cast me into this fantasy world so I couldn't fight back. I remember my own universe, and my teammates." She clenched a glowing fist and pointed it towards an unconscious Raven. Tendrils of black flowed from Raven into Kinetix; when Kinetix had absorbed the flowing magic completely, Raven turned back into stone. "I remember how to use my powers, and I remember that the Hypertaxis energy I absorbed long ago* turned my naturally-absorbent magical genetic makeup into a magical sponge." She pointed, in turn, at Blue Devil, Ocean Master, Sebastian Faust and Witchfire. The Legionnaires watched silently as magical energy flowed from each into Kinetix, causing her glow to heighten; and one by one, each of Mordru's slaves turned back into stone.

Kinetix looked Mysa straight in the eye, and smiled a warm smile that seemed to make Mysa feel more alive. "I should thank you, Mysa. And also, your counterpart in our universe. Had she not asked my mom for help, I would never have been able to absorb ambient magic*."

"And now," Kinetix turned, "I'm going to find Mordru and make him pay." She flew off before any of the others could react.

"We have to find her," Dream Girl said. "She's powerful and has an instinctive knowledge of magic, but she doesn't have extensive experience with our Mordru."

Mysa couldn't help but feel giddy. She could sense Kinetix's immense power. Would they finally be able to put a stop to Mordru once and for all? "And we have to ensure she's prepared in case Mordru tries to absorb her again. She never had a chance to learn that spell."

"Okay then." Nura turned to face the others, hands on hips. "Imra, you took quite a beating there too. You watch over Gates first. The rest of us will go after Kinetix."

"Wait," Gates stretched his arm out. "I'm coming with you. You might need me. And I'm going to enjoy watching Kinetix beat Mordru down like the has-been dictator that he is."

Nura opened her mouth to argue, then shut it in shock. "Gates... your face."

"What?!" Gates panicked for a moment. "Did something happen to it?"

"See for yourself." Nura handed him a mirror. As Gates peered into it, he nearly wept.

Kinetix had healed his scars. He was truly whole again.

IB's notes:

*Kinetix first absorbed Hypertaxis energy in Legion 6, during Ra's al Ghul's attempt to jumpstart evolution on Earth.

**It was revealed in Legionnaires 42 that Zoe's mother Azra, while pregnant, encountered a dying Mysa. Azra used the Scepter of Sybolla to heal Mysa; it also affected a then-unborn Zoe's genetic structure. This allowed her to later on absorb the energy pool on Titan which would give her psychokinetic abilities.

Last edited by Invisible Brainiac; 05/26/17 05:49 PM.
Invisible Brainiac #817997 08/24/14 06:30 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
Kinetix is back! Gates is back to normal! Awesome!! laugh

Invisible Brainiac #817999 08/24/14 08:11 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
I hope Zoe's return was worth the wait, raz! tongue I never liked Gates' scars, so I just had to make sure he would get healed somehow smile

Kinetix Gates XS

Invisible Brainiac #819263 09/07/14 01:25 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard

Mordru roared as he hurled powerful bolts of energy at Kinetix. She smirked as she deflected the initial volley with a translucent green shield, and held out an arm to catch the trailing wisps. "That was our dilemma when fighting our Mordru too. Weak attacks he absorbed; strong attacks he deflected." With a wave of her arm, she caused the ground beneath Mordru to erupt. "You may have the power of Zerox, Mordru, but I have the power of my entire universe! And thanks to the Legion, you can't leech it from me anymore!"

"I have many remedies not open to one such as you, Zoe Saugin," Mordru sneered. "Such as threatening your powerless friends. You may stalemate me, but you cannot stop all of my slaves." Mordru held a dazed Glorith up by her neck. Below Kinetix, Amethyst raised her sword over Phantom Girl's head.

"Surrender, and I shall release your friends," Mordru smiled. "And I shall make your enslavement as painless as possible."

"I..." Kinetix fell silent as she weighed her options. Hands shaking, she floated to the ground. "I..."

"You don't have to do surrender, Zoe!" A sonic boom filled the air as XS rocketed in, her fleet feet driving Mordru's slaves away from the assembled Legionnaires.

"Nice teamwork, Jenni!" Kinetix zapped Mordru back even as she telekinetically pried Glorith away from him. "Now let's make sure you can all defend yourselves. I am, after all, too pure to allow such suffering to exist.*" A flurry of green bubbles landed on the Legionnaires. XS watched as each of their injuries and ailments were reversed; Wildfire defrosted, Rainbow Girl grew to full height, Tellus turned back into flesh from stone.

"Whew, remind me never to fight a magician who can turn me into an animal again," Matter-Eater Lad shook his head.

"Amazing," Shadow Lass looked down at her arms, which had been burned masses of flesh just seconds ago. "We are whole again."

"And that is why I told you slaves to kill these Legionnaires when you had a chance!" Mordru thundered. "Forget them. Bring Kinetix to me!"

"Don't let Mordru touch you!" the White Witch warned as Gates teleported in. "His absorbing spell only works if he can make physical contact!"

"Ughhh," Kinetix grunted as Isis channeled a flood of lava at her. She deftly caught it in her psychokinetic field and redirected it towards the Ragman. She quickly dodged as the werecat Shakira jumped at her, slashing her wrist. "Hey, that hurt!" Her eyes glowed green as she held up an arm. Shakira's body shuddered as her magical energy left it and leaped into Zoe; her stone form dropped to the ground. "Okay, who's next?"

"I see I shall need more power of my own!" Mordru reached out and grabbed Felix Faust by the neck. "Give me your power, slave!" Felix Faust shook and fell silent as he turned to stone.

"Legionnaires! Help Kinetix get the slaves before Mordru can!" Phantom Girl phased through a charging Etrigan. As she solidified through him, she grabbed his cape and flipped him over.

"My pleasure," Gates laughed as an attacking Congorilla vanished through his teleport disk. "If it's a choice between my greedy yet altruistic teammate and a greedy sorcerer out to oppress the free world, my conscience is clear."

"And this is after I healed you completely," Kinetix sniffed as she caught Congorilla. As the other Legionnaires threw slaves towards her with increasing speed. Magic was now flowing into her at a tremendous rate even as dozens of Mordru's slaves reverted to stone. On the other side of the cavern, Mordru started to grow in height.

"Give up, Mordru!" Kinetix planted herself between him and the Legionnaires. "You may have increased your powers by a handful of magicians, but I grabbed most of them plus the magic of my universe. You can't win now!"

"You may be powerful, but you lack knowledge and wisdom," Mordru threw his head back and laughed. His cruel voice echoed in the cavern.

"I sense Zerox crying out," Harmonia cried out as she fell to the ground, hands grasping fistfuls of dirt. "Something else else is very wrong."

"I... OH!" Dream Girl shuddered as she clutched onto Star Boy's shoulder. "We have to leave. NOW!"

"You heard them, Legionnaires!" Phantom Girl barked. "Into the cruiser!"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!" Wildfire landed in front of Tinya. "Wait a minute. I trust Dream Girl's visions and all, but what exactly is the problem? Mordru is big, but he has over 50 of us to deal with PLUS Kinetix, and all his slaves are gone. What gives?"

"Mordru has mingled his energies with Zerox's," Glorith breathed. "Even I can feel it."

"So can I, and I don't have much of a connection to this place," Kinetix shuddered.

As she spoke, the ground began to tremble. Mordru's face widened in delight as he grew larger and larger. He burst through the roof of the cavern.

"Zerox is mine now!" Mordru raised his hands in a wide arc as energy began to flow into him. "The nexus of magic in this universe is under my control! Once I destroy it, I will be able to absorb all ambient magical energy in this universe - enough to match you, Zoe Saugin. And as a bonus, the Legion will die when Zerox explodes!"

"You all have to go, now!" Kinetix turned and began to chant. "I will handle this!"

"No!" Mysa stepped forward. "You do not know Zerox enough. But I think I know a way."

"Please, Mysa!" Nura pulled her sister towards her. "Imra or Tellus can link you to Kinetix. You can instruct her from afar."

"No, Nura," Mysa said gently. She took Nura's hands and held them in her own. "I know you wish to protect me, and though I have resented you for that in the past, I thank you with all my heart now. But though Kinetix has the power, I have the knowledge. I must stay here and magically merge with her to guide her."

"Hey, who am I to turn down a helping hand," Kinetix grit her teeth as she tried to pry Mordru's essence away from Zerox. "If I'm as powerful as you say, I should be able to protect myself and Mysa."

"Then I will stay as well," Glorith offered. "My power may be but a flickering candle beside your flame, but I may help you tip the scales."

"Oh, Mysa," Nura hugged her sister close. "All I can see is a bright whiteness." She looked into her sister's eyes. "But you're right. I must trust you."

"Then it's decided," Tinya tapped Nura on the shoulder gently. "We should go."

"And fast," Gates spat as he triggered his power. "You've all been expecting miracles, but even I can't teleport us far enough to escape an exploding planet!"

IB's notes:

*This is a direct quote from Zoe's origin story in LSH v4 Annual 6, where she dreams of using her power to perfect herself and to help people all over the galaxy.

Last edited by Invisible Brainiac; 05/24/15 01:29 AM.
Invisible Brainiac #820649 09/15/14 01:44 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Hey IB, sorry I missed this somehow when you first posted it but better late than never, eh?

Loving your Kinetix being fearless in the face of Merdru. You show his brutality and her desperation excellently in the way they just grab his slaves and tear the power from them - and Mordru has become mingled with Xerox - why do I feel the ending id going to be chilling? Mysa and Glorith remaining is very touching, especially liked Mysa explaining her motives to Nura.

As ever your love of the characters shines through - in particular Zoe, Gates and XS.

More, more, more!

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
Invisible Brainiac #820679 09/15/14 06:23 PM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Hi Harbi, no worries! Yes, better late than never and thanks as always for the thorough read and the well-thought comments.

I was thinking of a good way to up the ante a bit, having Kinetix just charge in and overpower Mordru would be too easy. At the same time, she is clearly more powerful than he is (the magic of a whole universe and all that!) I am glad you liked the battle, this should be wrapped up in the next post!

Glad you liked the bit between Mysa and Nura as well! Truth be told I had planned to do that but was inspired and influenced by your story and raz's. smile

Re: Loss: A Tribute to the Post Zero Hour Legion of Superheroes
Invisible Brainiac #821760 09/21/14 11:21 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard

The now-barren landscape on Zerox was crisscrossed with bubbling red lines of lava. Kinetix's soul felt pained at the screaming of this tortured world. She could not allow this travesty to continue any longer.

She arced out of the sky and landed near Mordru's feet. His looming presence reminded her of Doctor Regulus, on the very day that Leviathan died. He had merged with a planet too, and Gim had sacrificed himself to save the team.*

She still sometimes dreamed about that day. With a pang of guilt and loss, she remembered how she and Gim had just started flirting with one another. How she had wasted her second chance with him.

She would not allow any more regrets today.

The hot, sulfuric wind streaked across her face as she landed near Mordru's foot. He was so big, he didn't even notice her presence. He had not even made a move as the other Legionnaires ran towards their waiting cruisers. No, he was too busy reveling in the power that now ran through his every fiber.

"Let him enjoy now," she thought as she located the stream of magical energy he was drinking in. "It won't last long." She closed her eyes and plunged her hand in. The currents battered into her, and she grit her teeth as she struggled to prevent being pulled in.

"What is this?!" Mordru thundered. Kinetix felt the flow of magic turn away from her and into Mordru. She redoubled her efforts to drink it in. The currents of magic swirled all around them, to and fro, like a churning sea.

Kinetix felt sweat beading on her forehead. "You may have more affinity with Zerox, Mordru," she heaved, "but its magic recognizes me! It knows I will use it for a purer purpose!"

Mordru towered over Kinetix, cloak flapping in the wind. She could almost smell the evil around him; it was hard to ignore, he was almost as tall as their old Legion HQ. "That may be, Zoe Saugin," he roared as he stooped down so his face was nearer hers, "but it will not matter if I leech the magic from you!" He raised his arm and slammed it towards the ground. Her heart pounding, Kinetix tried to jump backwards as Mordru's fingers closed around her.

She did not make it.

She made sure not to scream as his fingers closed around her waist. Her psychokinetic fields pushed frantically against his fist as he raised her up in the air. He just gripped her tighter. Zoe could feel her magic draining into him; she tried to fight back, but she could barely breathe.

"The last time I had you in my grasp was in Mysa Nal's body," Mordru's grin was full of delight. "And the time before that, I had absorbed your scattered energies after Superboy-Prime dissipated your corporal form*. You could possibly have reformed your body in time, given the nature of your physical form, but I interrupted it."

"You're an even bigger squaj than I thought," Kinetix retorted angrily as she dangled in the air. She struggled to push him away, but he was too big and too strong and she could barely concentrate.

"Call me what you wish, Zoe Saugin. You are mine again," Mordru laughed as he slammed her into the ground. She barely held onto her psychokinetic shield as he lifted her up and brought her down again, keeping her in his grip the whole while. Never in her Legion career had she been hit so hard. The world spun as Mordru lifted her up one more time. She stared at him through dizzy eyes; her field of vision was dominated by his long white beard, ridiculous hat and evil grin.

"D-do your w-worst," she spat.

"I will, and I will enjoy every moment of it." The very skies turned dark as he began his chant. "Aufero Magus Infusco."

The spell began its sinister work, and black clouds began to surround the area. Kinetix coughed as they enveloped her, blocking her eyesight. All she could see was Mordru's greedy leer as he savored the magic he was about to absorb from her.

His enjoyment didn't last. Kinetix coughed once more, then began to laugh. "You really didn't think we were prepared, huh?"

Mordru's eyes bulged as he realized what was happening. "NO!"

"Yes, evil one!" Kinetix's mouth moved, but it was the White Witch's voice which was heard. "Three souls temporarily inhabit one body."

"And you know what happens when this incantation is used against more than one soul." Glorith's voice was soft, but lined with steel.

"No! No! You cannot!" Mordru released his grip, but Kinetix held on tightly to his finger. She could already feel his magical energies flowing into her.

"Now Mordru, Mysa and Glorith have coached me well. And I can feel Zerox crying out for its stolen energy. Guess who's going to return it?" She focused her will on the ground and watched as the glow surrounding Mordru began to reverse and funnel itself into Zerox. The lines of lava began to sink down and close up even as Mordru's very form drained into the earth.

"No! No! This cannot beeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!" Mordru's scream echoed across the planet even as his physical form dissolved into smoke and dust. Kinetix directed it into the ground and far, far into the core of the planet. She watched as Zerox swallowed Mordru whole, imprisoning him in its core. As the ground sealed itself, the whole world lit up in a flash of pure bright white light; when the glow faded, Zerox's skies were clear and blue again.

Zoe laughed as flowers bloomed and the sun's yellow rays filled the air. "It's beautiful!"

"Aye," Glorith said, her voice ringing in her mind. "It is."

"And now, let us right some wrongs that have been waiting for a thousand years," Mysa sounded breathless, as though in anticipation.

"Of course." Kinetix closed her eyes and let Zerox point the way. The planet itself could sense anomalies in its crust; stone that was foreign and did not belong. She guided the planet's energies away from each of them, feeling each piece of stone releasing a soul as she did.

When she opened her eyes, Mordru's slaves stood in rows in front of her. They were all smiling.

A brunette in a stylish top hat stepped forward and took Kinetix's hand in hers. "Knaht uoy," she said.

Kinetix just smiled as she held the woman's hand in hers. "You're free now. All of us are."

She looked up as three Legion cruisers descended from the skies. This world was safe, and this Legion was whole. And soon, her own Legion would be complete again, as well.

She had never felt so perfected before. The sky glowed bright, the warmth on her face felt like a child's smile of pure joy.

And so did she.

IB's notes:

*LSH v4 83
**Legion of 3 Worlds 4

Last edited by Invisible Brainiac; 03/03/22 05:08 PM.
Invisible Brainiac #821764 09/21/14 11:57 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard

"You did it you did it you did it!" Kinetix laughed as XS rushed right at her, lifting her off the ground with her tight hug.

"We did it, Jenni, we all did."

"I have to admit, you have changed, Kinetix," Gates' tone was anything but acerbic as he popped into view. "The old you would have made some insensitive remark about us letting you do all the work."

"I guess "death" has a way of mellowing one down," Kinetix replied as she gently pulled XS' hands down. "Now it's time to undo our spell of combination." She whispered the incantation Mysa had taught her, and she felt the fullness in her soul ease. She saw the assembled Legionnaires gasp as the astral forms of Mysa and Glorith exited her body and solidified.

Dream Girl rushed forward and caught the wobbly White Witch as she stumbled. "Sister! Oh Mysa, I knew I was right to trust you."

"You always did have good judgment, Nura," Mysa smiled as she hugged her sister.

"Wow, Glorith... that was amazing," Chemical Kid was in awe as he helped Glorith sit down.

"Amazing? Not just! That was supernova scale rad!" Comet Queen laughed as she zipped around. "Like, that was the biggest victory ever! Big Bang Big!"

"Indeed," Madame Xanadu said as she stepped forward, serene face sporting a small smile. "We owe you our thanks, Legionnaires. And may I say, Zoe Saugin, Mysa Nal and Glorith, you bring honor to every magic user on the side of good. And though our actions were controlled by Mordru's spell on us, we must humbly apologize for having been on the side of evil."

"We accept your apology. You had no choice, after all." Zoe, Mysa and Glorith bowed in thanks as Phantom Girl broke off from the assembled Legionnaires and allies. "What will you do now that you are free from Mordru?"

"Our bodies are long gone, Phantom Girl," Alan Scott's cloak billowed in the breeze. "You only see our souls now, made visible by the strong magics of Zerox. We were only able to touch you because of our stone prisons." He pointed to the sky, and the dozens of other slaves looked up as well. "It is time for us to go."

The Legionnaires watched in awe as the army of magicians rose up, as one, and made their way up. All of them had looks of pure joy on their faces. Soon, all of them were gone, except one. A young man wearing dark glasses and a pure white suit with a long red sash around his waist lingered. He turned and approached Duplicate Damsel. "I owe you an apology, Luornu Durgo."

Luornu smiled a dim smile as she nodded in acknowledgement. "I understand, Kid Eternity. Mordru had you in his thrall. It is no matter." Bouncing Boy held her hand tight as she spoke.

"Even so, I feel I must make amends. And so..." He waved his hand, and everyone gasped as two familiar figures stood before them.

"Hello, sister." The fallen original bodies of Luornu Durgo Taine stood in front of a shocked Duplicate Damsel. "It... it's really you?" Luornu smiled as she hugged her two sisters.

"It is," the younger-looking Luornu smiled as she stroked her sister's hair. "Trinity, how you've grown. And married to Chuck, too!"

"I told her already just how good a choice it was," the second, older Luornu said with a wink. "I also told her all about how we beat that rustbucket COMPUTO."

"Oh, sisters," the living Luronu sobbed. "Even with all the bodies I can create now, I now I can never replace you."

"Good that you know," laughed the first Luornu. "But don't worry, we are well."

"Yes, you just keep living your life. Be happy for all three of us," the second Luornu added. "We have to go now, sister. Now, come here, husband."

The foursome - three Luornus and one Chuck - hugged one last time, and the two fallen Luornus faded from view. Bouncing Boy held Duplicate Damsel in his arms as the assembled Legionnaires tactfully gave them some privacy.

"Well, that's my good deed for the day," Kid Eternity took of his glasses and wiped them. "Now I must join the others."

"Wait." Sensor Girl stepped out of the crowd and faced him. "Before you go, please, grant me one boon."

Kid Eternity raised an eyebrow as he wore his glasses again. "Ah, I recognize you now. Yes, your husband spoke about you often." With another wave, a familiar brown-haired man in an orange suit materialized. With a smile, he ran towards Sensor Girl. As he did, Sensor Girl's illusion faded into the white-haired, red-clad Queen Projectra. Before she could speak, Karate Kid closed his arms around her waist and whirled her around. "You're amazing, Jeckie! Masquerading as Sensor Girl, and earning your crown all over again! I am so proud of you!"

As he set her down, Projectra touched a finger to his cheek. "And I am so very proud of you, Val Armorr. Now, hush. I wish to say goodbye properly." And she leaned in to kiss him one last time.

Again, the Legionnaires tactfully gave them their privacy.

"Well, that's two good deeds now. That should count for a lot in the afterlife, right?" Kid Eternity bowed with a flourish as Karate Kid disappeared.

"Oh," he paused as he looked at an eager Kinetix, XS and Gates. "I can't access the souls of your teammates. Different universes and all, sorry." Then he leaped up into the air to follow the rest of the liberated magicians.

"That was nice and thoughtful of him, wasn't it?" XS whispered as she watched him go.

"Yeah, it more than makes up for his awful fashion sense," Kinetix giggled, trying to hide her disappointment at not being able to see Leviathan again. "That sash, what was he thinking!"

"Just when I was beginning to respect you," Gates shook his head, "you go and make yet another shallow comment!"

"Cut me some slack Gates, I was just joking." Kinetix sighed as she looked at the landscape around. "It's so beautiful here."

"I would love to enjoy it for longer," Phantom Girl nodded as she stepped beside Zoe. "But we have to go. And I'd like to ask you, Kinetix, XS and Gates, will you come with us?"

"For now, yes," Kinetix said without hesitation. "But my friends are out there. I know they are."

"XS has said as much," Gates added, arms crossed. "And now that I know there must be a way to reach them, I'm going after them. Choosing to stay here, and being stranded in the 21st century AGAIN* has made me realize how much I miss them. No offense, I've made a lot of good friends here," Gates pointed at Timber Wolf, who shot him back a thumbs-up, "but my teammates and I have been through so much together."

"But where will you go after you find them?" Cosmic Boy asked. "Your home universe is destroyed, right?"

"About that," XS said with a smile. "There's something you should know, Zoe." Kinetix and Gates looked at XS with quizzical expressions. XS shrugged as she spoke.

"I know how to get our universe back."

IB's note: the first time was, of course, during LSH v4 85-100 in the Postboot Legion's universe.

Last edited by Invisible Brainiac; 05/24/15 01:30 AM.
Invisible Brainiac #821868 09/22/14 07:15 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
That was a really cool ending! I was wondering what was gonna happen with all Mordru's slaves, nice to see them get a happy ending smile

Was also a nice touch giving Jeckie and Lu the chance to say goodbye, and I am really intrigued about how XS, Zoe and Gates are gonna get their universe back!

Invisible Brainiac #821870 09/22/14 08:10 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Hi raz, thanks for reading and commenting smile It always bothered me that these poor souls were just trapped in stone while being tortured, so I made sure they would finally be free.

Glad you liked the goodbye scenes for Jeckie and Lu. I had to go back and edit in a part where Kid Eternity says he cannot access the souls of the Postboot Legionnaires; after the big Zoe/Gim romance in her "fantasy" world it would have been a big plot hole if she had not tried to talk to him!

I already know (and have known for a while) how the Postboot Legion's world will return smile I hope it comes as a pleasant surprise!

Invisible Brainiac #822083 09/23/14 04:50 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Great Ending IB.

that was a crafty trick you pulled there, with the three in one.

I loved Lu's goodbye. very touching.

Hmm... i can't wait for that return!

read the adventures of the Reboot Legion!

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001232
Invisible Brainiac #822137 09/24/14 02:01 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Thanks Omni, very happy you liked it smile

Glad you liked the Zoe/Mysa/Glorith merger, at first I was just going to have Mysa and Glorith hiding and waiting in the wings but realized it would not be as effective.

Glad the Lu goodbye worked too!

Am very much looking forward to the return as well. That's going to be fun (and tough!) to write.

Invisible Brainiac #822463 09/26/14 09:03 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Thoroughly enjoyed this IB.

You've given Kinetix a bit more maturity and I'm loving it - from her regret at wasting time with Gim through to her not accepting full glory to defeating Mordru. I like how you've taken an establish character and grown her personality in a convincing manner.

Mysa and Glorith hiding within Zoe is a real silver age strategy and it was great to read. Clever misdirection is always fun.

The poignancy of the deceased mystics that Mordru held control of being allowed final peace was very moving, as was Kid Eternity's final parting gifts. That was perhaps the best part of this section as it brought a small lump to my throat - aww bless smile

And what a cliffhanger! XS has a plan to get them back their universe - wow!

Great stuff IB, though now I really must demand more, more, more!

Invisible Brainiac #822543 09/26/14 10:02 PM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Thank you for the thorough and kind feedback, Harbi! I'm so glad you enjoyed this part. Thanks for the comment about Zoe becoming more mature (and hopefully more likable!), and in a convincing way; I'm glad she's not turning out to be a Mary Sue despite arguably being the star of this portion.

Glad you also liked the 3-in-1 trick! It just snapped into place when I was writing this part.

And same for Kid Eternity bringing the Lus and Val back for a bit. They were the two deceased who were top of mind, and this is another part that wrote itself. Glad you liked it smile

I can't wait to write the next part! We know their universe is out there,but this will hopefully explain why it is even though everyone says it has been destroyed.

Thanks again for all the support!

Invisible Brainiac #824613 10/11/14 05:05 PM
More Polyanna than Poison Ivy
PAGE 1:

Ibby, your love for the Postboot Legion shines through every post. And, as someone who still has a ton of catching up to do with the Postboot Legion, I appreciate how accessible you make everything, complete with footnotes.

My favorite tributes on this page are the ones for Umbra (of course), and Invisible Kid (this one brought a tear to my eye.)

Read LEGIONS OF 7 WORLDS in the Bits forum:

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 1 (COMPLETED)

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 2 (WORK IN PROGRESS)

"Don't look for role models, girls, BE the role model."

- Legion World member HARBINGER
Invisible Brainiac #824624 10/11/14 08:19 PM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Thank you, Fanfie! I'm glad the posts turned out to be accessible. And this is indeed a labor of love, hatched at a time when the Postboot Legion was in limbo and I had no idea if I would ever see them again.

I know how big a fan you are of Tasmia, so I'm doubly happy to hear that you liked the Umbra tribute.

And I'm so happy the Lyle tribute worked well. The Lyle-Condo relationship was never confirmed in the comics, and indeed the two appeared together in only one issue. But it draws heavily on my own real life relationship with Blaze, and so it holds a special place in my heart. (Plus, Lyle having a boyfriend softens him and makes him a lot more likable to me!)

Invisible Brainiac #824653 10/12/14 05:44 AM
I had the impression that the Lyle/Condo relationship came from your personal experience, but I didn't say anything in the event that that wasn't the case. I'm very happy to learn that that was the case. smile

From one writer to another, I find that putting one's own life experience into one's stories can enrich them exponentially. nod

Invisible Brainiac #824655 10/12/14 06:16 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Thanks, Fanfie, I'm so glad you felt the blending of our real life relationship with this fictional one. And of course, thanks for your support of both relationships smile

Invisible Brainiac #824667 10/12/14 10:13 AM
PAGE 2:

Wow, Ibby, this just gets better and better.

Loved the Chuck/Tenzil banter. Adored Nightwind's success as leader on their first field assignment, and R.J. Brande congratulating her. Was greatly moved by Winema's inner monologue.

Kid Quantum II was someone I'd always been indifferent towards, so I appreciated Nightwind's noting of her best qualities.

Invisible Brainiac #824670 10/12/14 10:41 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Thanks, Fanfie, I'm glad to hear you're continuing to enjoy this.

Chuck and Tenzil have always been good friends in the Postboot.

Nightwind's lone Postboot appearance had her as a very spunky lass, and I thought she would have the chops to be a good leader. Kid Quantum II had much the same personality, and I thought it logical that they would have gotten along well.

And I thought it was about time Tinya and Winema started to get along for real smile

Invisible Brainiac #824718 10/12/14 06:15 PM
PAGE 3:

The point of view of the Emerald Eye! That's brilliant!

What issues was Gear in? His backstory sounds fascinating.

Reading this thread makes me wish my local comic shops had a better selection of Postboot back issues. History is being very kind to a sizable amount of the Postboot, and I think it's thanks to fans like you spreading the good word. Certainly, I don't think I'd have gotten into it if not for your enthusiasm and your ability to see the best things about it and the things with unexplored potential.

Invisible Brainiac #824742 10/12/14 07:53 PM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Thank you, Fanfie! I'm glad the Emerald Eye POV paid off. At first I was going to use Micro, but then I realized there was another villain who knew Violet a lot better.

Gear has a fairly interesting past. He first appeared in LSH 117 and 118 as a guard on the Blackstar Juvenile Correctional Facility. He helps Sensor lead a rebellion against the cruel masters who have enslaved them. He also appears in LSH 119, after Brainiac 5 has helped him heal from his injuries.

DNA would bring him into the Legion in Legion 3; Gear was Legion World's chief architect/engineer. He played a key role during the Robotica story by convincing the WarWorld CPU to help out. In the process, he successfully stalls out a holographic Kyle Rayner by playing possum (Legion 11-12). He also makes a pretty funny crack when Kid Quantum rages about being interrupted from the shower - "It's in the Constitution. In the case of bizarre craziness, summon the elected leader from the shower!" (Legion 10).

In the scripted-and-drawn by Giffen Legion 31, he and Chuck get into trouble after stealing some nanites from Brainiac 5 to try and clean up the mess from recent battles on Legion World. The nanites end up consuming almost everything they come across. They only get destroyed after encountering Superboy, whose 21st century germs are so numerous they make the nanites consume themselves.

Sadly, none of his other appearances are significant but he appears in a lot of crowd scenes. Here's a good article that chronicles his brief history and appearances.

I'm glad I have helped pique your interest, Fanfie! I certainly think you will enjoy large amounts of the Postboot, where characters were mainly treated with respect. Many of my best comics-reading memories are of the Postboot. Thank you also for your kind words on my enthusiasm and on this thread right here smile

Last edited by Invisible Brainiac; 10/12/14 07:56 PM.
Page 9 of 49 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 48 49

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,012
Posts1,044,306
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Chameleon Boy
Chameleon Boy
RWC, CA USA
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star