Roll Call
0 members (), 7 Murran Spies, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread XLIX - We're Getting Old
by thoth lad - 03/27/24 05:03 PM
So, what are you listening to?
by Gaseous Lad - 03/27/24 04:21 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by idle - 03/27/24 10:23 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by thoth lad - 03/27/24 10:17 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by thoth lad - 03/27/24 10:15 AM
Share more completely random things!
by thoth lad - 03/27/24 10:15 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 03/27/24 07:41 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 49 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 48 49
Re: Loss: A Tribute to the Post Zero Hour Legion of Superheroes
Invisible Brainiac #841497 03/04/15 09:25 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Alright the Bouncing Boy to the rescue! I'm glad they found the team. although i hope they don't get trapped too.

I still have no clue who the villain is but i can't wait for the reveal!

and Jenni and Dryk are so cute together. i hope we get to see them become the next Legion couple.

read the adventures of the Reboot Legion!

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001232
Re: Loss: A Tribute to the Post Zero Hour Legion of Superheroes
Invisible Brainiac #841503 03/04/15 09:52 PM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Thanks for the comments, Omni! Appreciate your usual support smile

No, they won't get trapped but it won't be easy for them to get out of here! But I'm stoked too, so glad to have (almost) everyone together again!

Thanks, I hope my big bad villain will live up to expectations.

Jenni and Dyrk are indeed cute together and I think they have the makings of a great couple smile and it's about time Jenni got into a relationship instead of just pining over her crushes!

Royal Rumble!
Invisible Brainiac #845877 03/29/15 11:26 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Feel daunted by the length of this thread? You can also check out the Recap Thread to catch up!

VOLUME 3: HOMECOMING

In another reality...

"What do you mean, you don't want to leave?!?!"

Gates' irritated retort rang through the peaceful surroundings of the new home the Lost Legionnaires had made for themselves. The 21 newcomers stared in stunned silence at the 24 friends they had come to rescue, most of whom were staring impassively at Gates' violent outburst.

"Did you not hear what we said has been happening at home?" Gates spat as he continued. "Legion World has fallen, and many of our friends are in mortal danger!"

"Yeah, the bad guy almost killed me!" Tenzil said as he approached Kid Quantum and Cosmic Boy, both of whom looked like they were listening to him talk about the weather. "Mr. Brande, Marla, Lori, and a lot of others are still back there!"

"That doesn't concern us now," Kid Quantum said softly as her fingers closed around Cosmic Boy's. "We're happy here."

"You should join us," Saturn Girl added quietly. "It's very relaxing here."

"Has being here for so long addled all your brains?!" Gates thundered as he rounded on Brainiac 5. "Brainy, surely you comprehend the urgency of the situation!"

Brainy shook his head. "I understand they are in danger, but a few more days here should not make a huge difference, Gates. From what you told us, I can conjecture that the invader simply wants to study our friends. He will not cause any permanent physical harm."

"I don't believe this!" Gates screeched. "We jump through realities to get you so we can go home and save our galaxy, and you just sit here like lazy politicians whose only skill is dodging responsibility!"

"This can't be right," Shvaughn whispered. "This IS really them, Dawnstar?"

"I followed the trail," Dawnstar replied brusquely. "It IS them."

"Then something must be controlling them or something," Nightwind addressed her companions. "Mysa, Babbage, see if you can detect anything. The rest of you, don't make any sudden moves." She cleared her throat and approached Kid Quantum. "This reaction is very unusual, to say the least, Kid Quantum." Nightwind forced herself to meet her mentor's eyes; Kid Quantum had really taken her under her wing during her Cadet days. "I don't mean to imply anything, but surely you would not object to a medical examination from Impulse?"

Kid Quantum faced her, tight-lipped. "That won't be necessary."

"This can't be right!" Blizzard gasped. Nightwind shot him a warning look.

"And why not?" Electricity sparked from Live Wire's eyes as he turned to face Blizzard. "We have sacrificed a lot for our world. Haven't we earned a little rest?"

"Then take a leave of absence after we save everyone!" Kinetix shook her head. "Listen to yourself, Garth! You're talking about leaving people that we know and love at the mercy of a powerful enemy who wants to experiment on them!"

"They can take care of themselves," Triad said curtly as she pushed away Chuck Taine's hand. "We're exhausted."

"Please, guys!" XS' voice was pleading. "Our friends need us!"

"No, they don't," M'Onel replied somberly.

"I've heard enough! Something else else is very wrong here." Gates grabbed Brainiac 5 by the wrist as he opened a teleportation disk. "I bet if we get you away from here, you'll start thinking straight again."

"Leave me alone!" Brainy activated his forcefield and shoved Gates away forcefully. "I want to stay here!"

"Brainy, what are you - AHHHH!" Gates screamed as a familiar sensation entered his mind. "Saturn Girl?!"

"I'm sorry, Gates." Saturn Girl's eyes glowed a bright pink as her mind reached into Gates'. "You're out of line."

"No, YOU'RE out of line!" XS dashed forward. A second later, she was cradling an unconscious Saturn Girl while checking on Gates. "You okay?"

"Yeah, thanks..."

"You shouldn't have done that, XS," Ultra Boy launched himself into the air. "Now you're attacking us just because we don't want to go with you."

"Hey, hey, your side started it," Spider-Girl barked.

"This can't be happening," Blizzard muttered as he and the other newcomers faced the heroes they had come to rescue.

"Oh, but it is," Nightwind's voice was grim as she mentally ran through a list of their opponents. "And here I thought we were in for a pleasant reunion."

Last edited by Invisible Brainiac; 05/23/15 10:28 PM.
Re: Royal Rumble!
Invisible Brainiac #845889 03/29/15 12:41 PM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Feel daunted by the length of this thread? You can also check out the Recap Thread to catch up!

In another reality...

"Attack Plan 327-A!" Nightwind yelled as she created a mini-tornado to buy her own team some time. Though the numbers on both sides were nearly equal, the older team was somewhat more powerful and much more experienced. "XS, get Sensor!"

"Way ahead of you!" XS zipped through the fracas, and a second later her serpentine teammate slumped to the ground. "Kid Quantum's next... HEY!" XS felt herself be yanked into the air unceremoniously.

"You've done enough damage, Jenni," M'Onel said somberly. "We can't let you disrupt the lives we've made here."

"M'Onel, no! You don't understa- OH!" With a flick of his finger, M'Onel rendered XS unconscious. "Call off your team, Nightwind, or else I will have to use force."

"You will do no such thing." An aura of red surrounded M'Onel, who fell to the ground in surprise. "My powers...!"

"Gone, courtesy of my spell," the White Witch stepped forward. "Perhaps now you will listen to reason."

"No, perhaps YOU will." Mysa gasped as she felt a wind rushing towards her. She reflexively conjured up a defensive shield and braced for the impact. She tumbled backwards as Andromeda barreled into her. "This won't hold me long, Lady Mysa," Andromeda growled as she punched at the shield. Mysa closed her eyes and tried to concentrate on bolstering it.

"It will hold you long enough!" Andromeda gasped as Thunder tackled her away from Mysa. Twisting in mid-air, Thunder maneuvered Andromeda into a headlock. "Listen to reason, Andromeda, and stand down! We did not come here to fight!"

"Then why did you attack us?!" Andromeda slammed her elbow into Thunder's side; Thunder grunted but kept her arms around Andromeda's neck. "Saturn Girl made the first move, remember?" Thunder retorted as she surveyed the battlefield. "I can't see anything, but the Wisdom of Solomon tells me something is influencing you. Let's see if Gates was on the right track..." With a mighty kick, Thunder launched herself and Andromeda into space.

Down below, Ultra Boy trained his eyes on the two blurs rocketing into the sky. "Uh oh. We need our heavy hitter back." Switching to ultra-speed, he began to launch himself up.

"Does your wife know you're chasing after other women?" Before Jo could react, he was slammed into the ground by Spider-Girl's hair. A blast from Babbage finished the job, and he slumped to the ground.

"I know that even if he chases them, he's not interested," Apparition's fist slammed into Sussa's face. "And he's especially not still interested in you, Spider-Girl."

"Sussa!" Babbage turned to help its teammate.

"Oh no you don't." Babbage was stopped in its tracks by Gear's long bio-mechanical arms wrapping around it. "Now all I have to do is foozle with your CPU..."

"That will not be as easy as you think," Babbage stated as it placed its arms around Gear's own. "We Roboticans are no longer aggressive, but we have studied your Linsnerian physiology in order to defend ourselves."

"I can help you, Babbage!" the White Witch said as she dusted herself off.

"No, you are needed elsewhere." Mysa turned to see Dreamer and Karate Kid. She instinctively raised her hands as she prepared to cast a spell.

"Easy," Karate Kid said. "Dreamer and I retain enough control of ourselves to resist whatever it is compelling us to fight."

"Which supports my hypothesis that it is a being with a finite amount of energy - and it risks overextending itself by forcing us to fight you. A hypothesis which I shall soon test..." Dreamer placed a finger to her forehead and closed her eyes. "Ah. Come, I know where to go."

"Please, come with us," Karate Kid said.

Mysa glanced back towards the battle; Timber Wolf and Impulse were trading punches. She sighed as she turned to follow Dreamer and Karate Kid. "Let's hurry. If we don't stop this soon, more than egos will be bruised."

Last edited by Invisible Brainiac; 05/23/15 10:29 PM.
Re: Post ZH Legion: Vol 3 Homecoming (Mar 30, 2015)
Invisible Brainiac #845891 03/29/15 12:54 PM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard

In another reality...

Tenzil Kem cowered behind Shvaughn Erin as she shot at an advancing Chameleon. The nimble Durlan simply altered his form to dodge his shot. "Sprock it, Reep! Fight whatever is doing this to you!"

"Nothing is doing this to me," Chameleon answered as he shifted form into a Neptunian Banded Octopus. "Now, stop fighting and let me restrain you."

"Ummm... you might want to look up," Tenzil said as he pointed above Chameleon as a shadow loomed closer and closer. Chameleon looked up in shock as the Bouncing Boy crashed into him. The ship's engines hummed into silence as Chuck Taine opened the hatch and beckoned to Shvaughn and Tenzil. "That should keep Cham busy for a while. Come on."

"Oh no you don't," Triad grabbed Chuck's arm. With a twist, she pulled him out of the Bouncing Boy. "Sorry Chuck. But I'm commandeering your ship."

"Luornu, no! You don't know what you're doing!" Chuck cried out.

"Do not worry, Chuck Taine." A dazzling burst of light erupted in front of Triad, causing her to collapse to her knees in pain. "I apologize, but I cannot let you take the Bouncing Boy."

"Then we will make you let us take it." Darkness covered the area as Umbra advanced on Lume. "I don't care how bright you burn, Lume. My darkfield can contain you."

Lume shrank back a bit; Umbra's darkfield was almost as black as Abyss' void had been. Then it straightened itself as it glowed as brightly as it could. "We shall see if that is true, Umbra." Lume focused its will, telling itself not to give in to its fears about the dark. After experiencing the void, it thought that it could face down any darkness.

Invisible Brainiac #845937 03/29/15 05:04 PM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
It's a good ol' hero vs hero showdown! I like that the teams are still generally concerned about one another and trying to limit damage...and somesomething tells me it'll be good for the new Legion to see their idols have clay feet too smile

Invisible Brainiac #845949 03/29/15 06:09 PM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Thanks raz! This is definitely not an out-and-out battle... we'll see soon enough why our heroes are acting like that smile

Invisible Brainiac #846109 03/30/15 05:13 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Great Job IB,

i'm loving these mini battles and how well the new team is working together. I can see this battle in my mind and each time Blizzard say's "this can't be happening." its his face in a panel and then the battles surrounding that panel.

The fact that you gave me that image from this reading is awesome. so great job.

more and can't wait for this reveal!

Invisible Brainiac #846110 03/30/15 05:14 PM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard

In another reality...

As the White Witch scurried across the battlefield after Dreamer and Karate Kid, she was oblivious to danger from above. A zigzagging Wildfire had spotted her, and recognizing the threat she posed, took aim.

"Don't you dare, Drake!" Green tendrils snaked across Wildfire's suit and tore it open. The energy that formed Wildfire escaped in a burst as Kinetix hovered behind, auburn hair flying in the wind. "I'm sorry. As soon as we get this sorted out, I'll fix your suit."

"It's good to see you again, Zoe. I thought you were dead." Kinetix gasped as she turned to face Violet. "Oh, Vi, honey! Please, I don't want to fight! You have to realize that this is madness!"

"I do, but your side attacked us first," Violet said calmly. She started growing in size.

"We're on the same side, Vi. Please, don't..." Kinetix said as she reached out with her powers. A green aura enveloped a growing Violet. Gasping, she quickly vanished as she shrank down to microscopic size.

"Oh, no..." Kinetix knew how much damage a shrunken Violet could do. She quickly surrounded herself with a psychokinetic shield as thick as she could make. Heart pounding, she waited for the inevitable attack...

Violet's voice came in loud and clear. "I'm in your inner ear, Zoe. I don't want to hurt you, but if you make any more moves, I will start playing with your balance."

Violet's tiny voice faded as the sounds of battle raged on. Kinetix could see bolts of lightning in the distance. "Violet, please..."

"I have another proposition." Microbe flew up to Kinetix, speaking into her flight ring as she did. "I know you can hear me using your flight ring, Violet. I am about to release some Tenazorian coli into Kinetix's ear canal. They are benign and don't cause damage to their host - they'll die out in a few hours. But before they do, they tend to consume any foreign objects in their host's systems. If you're not planning on vacating now, you will be forced to, anyway."

Kinetix's inner ear fell silent, and seconds later, a somber Violet grew to normal height. Kinetix ran to her and hugged her. "Vi, why are you doing this? We're just defending ourselves - you saw Saturn Girl make the first move. I don't understand, I thought we were in for a happy reunion!"

Violet began sobbing as she hugged Kinetix tightly. "I don't know, Zoe. I don't know. It's like none of us have been ourselves in the past few months we've been here, but every time I start questioning it my head hurts..."

Microbe watched the two best friends hug as she assessed Violet's words. Then she lifted her flight ring to her lips. "Nightwind, you've got to hear this..."

Omni #846117 03/30/15 05:19 PM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Originally Posted by Omni
Great Job IB,

i'm loving these mini battles and how well the new team is working together. I can see this battle in my mind and each time Blizzard say's "this can't be happening." its his face in a panel and then the battles surrounding that panel.

The fact that you gave me that image from this reading is awesome. so great job.

more and can't wait for this reveal!

Oh wow, thank you Omni, that is very high praise indeed! Thank you for that encouragement, I'm glad you're enjoying this.

I'll have to make sure Blizzard's scene is amazing indeed smile

Re: Post ZH Legion: Vol 3 Homecoming (Mar 31, 2015)
Invisible Brainiac #846552 04/02/15 10:15 PM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard

In another reality...

Nightwind pursed her lips as Microbe's voice came over the flight ring network. "Heard you, Drura." She turned to her opponent. "You heard too, right, Kid Quantum? Something else else is manipulating you. Fight it!"

Kid Quantum grit her teeth. She blinked. Once. Then again. "I'm trying. But it hurts."

She blinked again, then threw a flurry of quantum bubbles towards Nightwind, who easily evaded them.

"You can do it, Jaz," Berta said as she advanced slowly. "Your aim was off. I know you're trying to fight it."

Kid Quantum smiled sadly. "I'm glad you know." Then she unleashed a cascade of quantum particles that covered Nightwind completely."

As she watched her protege, hanging almost frozen in time, Jazmin dropped to her knees. With an effort, she pulled her flight ring to her mouth. Sprock, it hurt! Hand shaking, she began to speak.

"Legionnaires, something is playing with our minds. Fight it as best you can... Nnngh!"

She looked at Nightwind again. Something else else was telling her to keep her frozen in time some more. Trembling, she tried to keep her arm from raising... Grife, it hurt... if only something could stop...

She gasped as her head began to swim. Was it an effect of the thing controlling them? Her lungs began to hurt. She couldn't breathe...

Her quantum bubbles disappeared from around Nightwind, who ran to her. Berta cradled her as she lay gasping.

"Sorry Jaz. I set a vacuum to form around your nose and mouth. Left just enough air for a few sentences."

As she slipped into unconsciousness, Kid Quantum managed a thumbs up. Nightwind had learned well.

Last edited by Invisible Brainiac; 05/23/15 10:31 PM.
Invisible Brainiac #846768 04/04/15 01:22 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard

In another reality...

"Jazmin!" Cosmic Boy's cry rang through the air as he saw his love slump to the ground. He quickly molded two of the metal disks on his uniform into chains and sent them flying towards Nightwind.

"Stop it, Rokk!" Cosmic Boy felt a powerful repulsion as the chains began to hang in mid-air. "Pol!"

Rokk felt a surge of pride even as his anger rose. Pol was his brother, but he loved Jazmin... "I'm glad you came here Pol, but why are you stirring things up? We can be happy here!"

"Listen to yourself, Rokk! Don't you want to see mom and dad again?" Sweat began to drip from Pol's forehead as he felt the strain. He had been practicing, but Rokk had a few years of training on him.

"I... Then you can bring them here," Rokk stammered.

"You heard what Violet and Kid Quantum said," Pol replied. "Something else else is manipulating you - UGH!" A sharp pain blossomed in Pol's head as he fell forward. But how? He couldn't see anyone.

"Sorry, Pol. Sorry, Rokk. I just seized the advantage when I could."

Invisible Kid. Of course. Pol groaned as he tried to get up.

"I would stay down, if I were you. Of course, a nerve pinch will keep you down," Lyle Norg's seemingly-disembodied voice stated. Pol struggled; if he could just concentrate... he reached out with his magnetism and sent the discs on his costume flying. He heard a surprised yelp as he felt one of his discs strike something.

And then he felt a blasting cold. He looked up to see a startled Rokk and the silhouette of Lyle Norg both frozen in ice, and a concerned Blizzard peering at him. "You okay, Pol? Lucky you kept Lyle talking, I was able to aim right at him."

"Y... yeah, thanks," Pol smiled as he slipped into unconsciousness.

Last edited by Invisible Brainiac; 05/23/15 10:31 PM.
Invisible Brainiac #846769 04/04/15 01:39 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard

In another reality...

Mysa floated along behind Dreamer and Karate Kid as they clambered up the tall, rocky mountain overlooking the Legion camp. She had been toying with speaking for a while. What stopped her was that the two Legionnaires seemed to be struggling hard against the force manipulating the others. She watched, impressed, as Karate Kid nimbly hopped from boulder to boulder even though he kept his jaw clenched. Dreamer, on the other hand, floated gracefully along even as she held her fingers to her temples.

Finally, her curiosity got the better of her. "How is it that you two are able to resist what the other Legionnaires could not?"

Karate Kid stopped as he perched on a tall, smooth boulder. "I can only guess that my training in the martial arts has given me a degree of mental discipline."

"As has my Khundian training, which has taught me focus," Dreamer added.

"I mean no offense, but I would have expected that Saturn Girl, Sensor or Brainiac 5 would also resist. Unless there is a telepathic component to this..."

"Perhaps, but then your Mentalla does not seem to be affected," Karate Kid noted.

"It could be a function of time," Dreamer explained. "We have stayed here a while. Hopefully, not for much longer." She stopped at the entrance of the cave. "This is what I saw in my vision. Sadly, I could not look further - my mind kept hurting the more I tried to probe."

"I can sense powerful energies here," Mysa murmured, transfixed by the cave opening. "Allow me a few minutes. I have a spell of revelation ready, but it will require a few modifications. This is indeed powerful."

Dreamer and Karate Kid nodded as Mysa began to levitate. She had never quite sensed anything like this before.

Inside the cave, unknown to the Legionnaires, something stirred.

Last edited by Invisible Brainiac; 05/23/15 10:48 PM.
Invisible Brainiac #846770 04/04/15 01:46 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard

In another reality...

Timber Wolf growled as he kicked Impulse in the stomach. The bespectacled doctor grunted as he tried to pull himself up. He was tougher than the average human, and one of the best at hand-to-hand among the new team, but Timber Wolf was a natural fighter!

"You think too much," Timber Wolf snarled as he looked Kent up and down. "Reflexes are too slow."

"Then why don't you come back home and teach me?" Kent replied as he struggled to his feet. "This fight is pointless."

Brin flashed his teeth. "It's not as easy as it sounds. Something else else about this place makes me want to stay." In a flash, Brin changed his stance and leaped at Kent. Kent held his arms in front of his face and braced himself for the tackle, but it still hurt. He tumbled over backwards into the dirt. He managed to catch Brin's hand as it drew back to punch him; twisting, he threw Brin over his head. The lupine Legionnaire landed gracefully and bounded back. Just as Kent managed to get on all fours, Brin kicked him in the head. Kent went down with a moan.

Brin checked to make sure Kent was down, then turned his head to the north. Something else else was happening, and he was being drawn there. He sniffed; he could sense a few of the others heading that way.

Taking one last look at Impulse, he began to run.

Last edited by Invisible Brainiac; 05/23/15 10:49 PM.
Invisible Brainiac #846777 04/04/15 05:34 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard

In another reality...

Insect Queen tried to shield her eyes from the bolts of electricity and the pink lasers that were flying in front of her. Particon and Spark were both throwing around large amounts of energy, and both were nimble enough to keep from getting hit by the other.

"Spark, don't do this!" Particon yelled as she formed an energy shield to block Spark's latest volley. "Come down and we can talk!"

"We can talk after YOU stand down," Spark retorted as she dodged several of Particon's blasts. "Just leave us in peace!"

Insect Queen crept up behind Spark in the form of a Korbali Trapper. Particon gave a quick nod - their signal that she had seen - and began to herd Spark in Lonna's direction. As soon as she was close enough, Lonna threw her webs at Spark.

"What?" Spark yelled as she was wrapped head-to-toe in webbing.

"She won't be able to get out of that," Lonna said in satisfaction. "The Korbali Trapper - and most invertebrates on Korbal - evolved to resist electricity."

"I'm sure it cannot resist slicing." Lonna screamed in pain as Shikari backhanded her. "Lonna!" Particon blasted at Shikari, who dodged nimbly in the air. "I could see your path," she taunted as she swooped down on Particon.

"If you've hurt her..." Particon stood protectively over Lonna's unconscious form.

"I only knocked her out, as I will do to you," Shikari said as she lunged at Particon. Jennifer fired another volley of pink energy beams; Shikari evaded the first two but the third hit her wing. Snarling in pain, she veered from her path and circled around. Gathering speed, she soared towards Particon.

Jennifer kept firing beams of energy at Shikari, but each one missed. She started to sweat as Shikari came closer and closer. Then, a sudden inspiration hit her. She waited until Shikari was closer... closer...

As Shikari swung her armored arm forward, Particon created a shimmering shield of energy around her. Shikari screamed as her arm hit the shield. She bounced back, smoking.

Particon breathed deep as her shield came down. Wow. She had never used her powers that way before. She quickly ran toward Insect Queen, when she felt herself being lifted up.

"You even got Insect Queen into the act. Amazing."

Particon gasped. "Star Boy! Let me help her!"

"I think she's fine. Now, where's Dreamer?"

"I don't know, Thom! You can track her using your flight ring, can't you? I swear, we're not trying to hurt you - we just want everyone to settle down and talk!"

"I'm sorry Jen, I wish I could believe you." Particon braced herself as she sank to the ground. She slammed into it with just enough force to knock her out.

"This scene is familiar." Star Boy turned around to see Gates glaring at him. "Remember when we were both new recruits, and your electric vision was unleashed on Chameleon?" (1)

"That was different, Gates," Star Boy spat. "You of all people should know that."

"I know that you and the others are acting irrationally," Gates retorted. "We came here to bring you home, and you react by attacking us! The Legionnaires I knew had much more sense than that!"

"Enough, Gates. Maybe you know where Dreamer is." Star Boy raised his arm, hand glowing purple. "Tell me where she is."

"The Thom I knew would not make threats like that," Gates said as a teleportation disk opened behind Star Boy. Thom barely had time to react before it swallowed him up. "Perhaps some time in outer space will cool your head."

"Bring him back!" Gates gasped as an armored claw slashed the air near him. "Shikari!"

"You are my friend, Gates. I do not wish to harm you."

"Kari, wait!" Shikari was moving too quickly; Gates didn't want to risk teleporting himself as he might take out one of her arms. Instead, he created a large disk in front her, sending her a few meters away.

Shikari quickly turned to face him again. But before she could, a winged figure zipped past and faced her. She recognized her; the winged alternate reality Legionnaire known as Dawnstar.

"Shikari. Surely you can see that this path is the wrong one," Dawnstar said.

"I... I know I have to free my friend Spark," Shikari replied. "And I have to defend our home here."

"This is not your home. Use your pathfinding sense to see the truth."

"I..." Shikari's mind began to pound. She knew deep down that she had to think. But... grife, it hurt!

She rushed past Dawnstar. The winged Legionnaire turned and followed her; she was just as fast as Shikari herself was! And the pain in her head was slowing her down, enough for Dawnstar to grab her leg.

"No!" Shikari said, turning around to grab at Dawnstar. But before she could, a blinding bolt of electricity blasted Dawnstar, throwing the winged tracker into the ground. Shikari turned around to see Spark floating, and a stunned Gates on the ground beside Particon and Insect Queen.

"Thanks for the attempted rescue, Kari," Spark said. She held up a small laser cutter. "Thank goodness for our utility belts... Insect Queen wrapped me up well, but she left me enough room to reach for this." She looked at the three forms on the ground. "Grife, I hated to do that to them but... it's like I can't stop."

Shikari nodded mournfully. "Even my pathfinding sense won't help. All it does is tell me... we should go where Dreamer and Karate Kid are."

The two Legionnaires looked sadly at their allies, and flew off.

IB's notes:

1) Star Boy used to have enhanced strength, durability, speed, unaided flight, electric vision and flame breath in addition to his gravity powers. These additional powers were revealed to have been caused by him unwittingly ingesting space-whale meat. They were unstable and he seemed to lose them permanently in Legionnaires 68.

Last edited by Invisible Brainiac; 05/24/15 01:07 AM.
Invisible Brainiac #846893 04/04/15 07:43 PM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
Yay, Dawnstar! Even though she got taken down in the end I always like seeing Dawny be useful when she rarely is in the comics tongue

Invisible Brainiac #846911 04/04/15 09:13 PM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Thanks raz! I thought it wouldn't do to have the only non-Postboot native not do anything in the fight. And as Legion Lost v2 showed, Dawnstar's speed and agility are something indeed!

Invisible Brainiac #846987 04/05/15 02:40 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard

In another reality...

Dyrk Magz ducked behind a boulder just as Live Wire threw a bolt of lightning at him. "Garth, stop for grife's sake! This isn't you!"

"And this isn't you either, Dyrk!" Live Wire's voice dripped with a sense of betrayal. "First you turn on the Legion and arrest Cos, (1) then you come here and try to wrench us away from our peace!"

"I didn't know it was Cos then!" Dyrk yelled as he scrambled along the field. He quickly raised his pistol and fired a few shots at Garth to keep him distracted. He cursed as he tried feeling for metal around; sometimes he thought he could feel magnetic fields again, but his operation was too recent for him to be sure. "And we only came here to give you a chance to be heroes again! The old Garth I knew - my old friend - would appreciate that!"

"And the old Dyrk I knew would not try to pull another out of his happiness!" Dyrk flinched as the intensity and frequency of Live Wire's blasts grew. It was odd... though Garth did have his temperamental moments, Dyrk knew he had become a better fighter than this. Now he just seemed to be blasting and blasting, as if he could smash through the rocks.

"Peek-a-boo." Dyrk started as a steely voice boomed in front of him. He turned to see Ferro bearing down on him. Instinctively, he raised his hands, then cursed. Still nothing.

Ferro shook his head as he advanced. "I'm sorry, Dyrk. I really hoped you would get your powers back. Lucky for me, you haven't yet." Before Dyrk could respond, Ferro grabbed him by the collar. Dyrk thought about kicking him, but realized he would likely just break his foot. He dangled in the air as Ferro cocked his arm. "I will be gentle," Ferro whispered. Dyrk made it a point not to close his eyes.

Then Ferro stopped.

"What is happening?!" Ferro cried.

"I happened." Mentalla stepped out from behind a boulder. She waved her hand open, and Ferro's hand opened too. Dyrk tumbled gently to the ground.

"Garth -!" Ferro's jaw clamped shut before he could finish. Mentalla put a finger to her lips as she looked Dyrk in the eye. Dyrk nodded and lay down on the ground, his pistol under his belly.

Live Wire zipped into view. "Ferro? I heard you crying out. What's wron- AGH!" Garth fell into a heap as Dyrk stood up sadly. "I'm sorry, Garth. You always were a good friend to me..."

"I'm sure he knows that," Mentalla said gently. Then she looked at Ferro. "So... any idea how we can keep him under wraps?"

Dyrk laid Live Wire into a more comfortable position, then stood up, tapping his lip. "Hmm... I have an idea."

IB's notes:

1) Legion Worlds 4 - at a time when the Legion had been disbanded and vigilante acts were illegal, Cosmic Boy and Violet were operating as masked crime fighters on Braal. Dyrk, as a Science Police officer, helped take Cosmic Boy down - though Dyrk wasn't aware of his identity at the time.

Last edited by Invisible Brainiac; 05/24/15 01:07 AM.
Invisible Brainiac #847299 04/07/15 08:26 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Hey IB, you've lots of lovely storytelling happening here:

Gates comparing the group to lazy politicians was hilarious!

Like Berta I expected a happier reunion, though of course welcome the situation excalating into a fight between the two sides - and that's before, hopefully they all go home to deal with situation there! Phew, action overload! Fantastic stuff.

I wonder if the moves that Berta shouts out (327-A) are ones that the entranced team would recognise or are new moves her team have developed?

I'm sure everyoneelse tought it aswell but Chuck and Lu arguing was really poignant, of all the Legion's couples they are always the two that I see as most solid so it struck a chord how wrong this whole situation is. And I know that in that boot they weren't a couple but even so....

Lume's bravery in the face of Tasmias darkfield waswell written. Thunder removing Andromedawas clever while Gears "foozle" with Babbage was cute - not sure what that means but hopefully it was age appropriate smile

Also cute was the aknowledged friendship between Zoe and Vi even as they fought. Dreamer and KK's resistance is intriguing, let's hope they get to the source of this mystery before too many of their friends are hurt. And very clever of Drura alerting Jaz of Vi's admission that she knew she was being controlled, and also how Berta dealt with Jaz - creating vacuums is a very subtle application of her abilities, well done for including it.

Rokk and Pol's conversation was also very telling - just how deep is the control that Cosmic Boy won't leave to visit his family?

And now something is stirring in the cave.... oh I wish I knew more about the reboot to guess!

Particon and Insect Queen were so close to winning there I thought you would let them have it, oh well. Great shield btw, nice to see you expanding on the usage of abilities you are using. Nice use of Dawny too, she doesn't get the credit she deserves.

And finally Dyrk hasn't quite got his abilities back - I wonder if you plan on making it a gradual thing or iof something will trigger them? Or maybe he won't get them back at all?

It's concerning that the controlled group are congregating towards the cave were Dreamer and KK are trying to establish what is doing the controlling of their team mates. It's definitely building towards a proper show down! Fantastic, can't wait to see what you have planned next IB, but whatever it is I'm here waiting to read more, more, more!

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
Invisible Brainiac #847300 04/07/15 08:28 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Also meant to say a thank you for your notes explaining where the original stories took place, as a non reboot reader they are greatly appreciated.

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
Invisible Brainiac #847304 04/07/15 09:47 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Hi Harbi, thank you again for your usual detailed comments! It really warms my heart.

Glad you liked Gates' comment! His lack of faith in elected officials is always fun.

Good point on Berta's call for Plan 327-A, and yes, these would be new plans the older Legionnaires don't know. Glad you liked the more subtle use of her power over air.

Yes, Lu and Chuck was nice and there will definitely be more from these two despite their non-couple status!

Zoe and Vi had a very strong Postboot friendship and I wanted to touch on it here.

Glad you also felt Dawnstar got her due.

Re: Post ZH Legion: Vol 3 Homecoming (April 5, 2015)
Invisible Brainiac #847305 04/07/15 09:57 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Don't worry, foozle is very much a kid friendly word smile thanks for the comments on the clever tactics and brave demeanor of so many Legionnaires!

I picked Karate Kid because I felt I wasn't able to really do him justice in Volume 1. I hope the mystery in the cave pays off!

Particon and Insect Queen were a treat, I wanted to have them win but I couldn't let the newbies win every battle!

Rokk and most of the others will feel quite bad when they are free of the influence. But they are definitely not in their right minds.

Dyrk's time will come, though we will still see what happens exactly.

And glad the footnotes are helpful too, and thanks again for the kind support!

Invisible Brainiac #847308 04/07/15 10:25 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Definitely my pleasure IB, your love of the reboot shines through with every post so I really look forward to seeing what you do next.

Invisible Brainiac #847493 04/08/15 10:46 PM
Deputy
Deputy
I was really hopping this was the moment Dryk got his powers back!

I can't wait to see what's in that cave and how KK and Dreamer will deal with their approaching teammates.

Zoe and Vi was great. you've showcased their friendship beautifully while still showing the struggle to resist whatever is controlling them.

can't wait for more!

Harbinger #847512 04/09/15 02:34 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Thanks Omni, I appreciate your usual support! I am really rooting for Dyrk to get his powers back too, let us see what happens...

I'm still fine-tuning the mystery in the cave, but for sure we'll have a lot of action later as Timber Wolf, Spark and Shikari and maybe a few other teammates show up!

Glad you liked Zoe and Vi. I needed to have Microbe show up to force Vi out - as the Cos/Pol scene showed, the Legionnaires are really not in their right minds now.

Originally Posted by Harbinger
Definitely my pleasure IB, your love of the reboot shines through with every post so I really look forward to seeing what you do next.

Thanks Harbi, the Legion was there for me a lot of times growing up. My writing has helped me realize how much they mean to me. And your support means a lot too, thanks again!

Page 13 of 49 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 48 49

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,012
Posts1,044,269
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Joe Kalicki
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
String
String
The Bright, Sunny South
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star