Roll Call
0 members (), 7 Murran Spies, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread XLIX - We're Getting Old
by thoth lad - 03/27/24 05:03 PM
So, what are you listening to?
by Gaseous Lad - 03/27/24 04:21 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by idle - 03/27/24 10:23 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by thoth lad - 03/27/24 10:17 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by thoth lad - 03/27/24 10:15 AM
Share more completely random things!
by thoth lad - 03/27/24 10:15 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 03/27/24 07:41 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 49 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 48 49
Re: Loss: A Tribute to the Post Zero Hour Legion of Superheroes
Invisible Brainiac #848342 04/16/15 08:16 PM
More Polyanna than Poison Ivy
PAGE 6:

Spider-Girl is a character I'm not very familiar with, and I would even admit that because she was so much a part of 5YL I'm predisposed to dislike her.

But you got me to like her. Nicely done.

And I also think you managed to capture the complexities of her relationship with Jo in a wholly accessible and economical way.

Read LEGIONS OF 7 WORLDS in the Bits forum:

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 1 (COMPLETED)

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 2 (WORK IN PROGRESS)

"Don't look for role models, girls, BE the role model."

- Legion World member HARBINGER
Invisible Brainiac #848354 04/16/15 09:10 PM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Thank you Fanfie, that is high praise indeed. I hope later installments will continue to make you like Sussa.

I am also glad you felt her history with Jo was touched on clearly.

Thanks again for your usual support and your insightful comments!

Invisible Brainiac #848582 04/18/15 05:35 PM
PAGE 7:

Thank you, Ibby, for seeing and exploring the potential in Thunder. As Harbi said, if the writers had portrayed her better she would have been more popular with readers.

Magno is completely new to me, but I found his story very compelling.

The Spark and Kid Quantum I entries were both excellently done.

Read LEGIONS OF 7 WORLDS in the Bits forum:

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 1 (COMPLETED)

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 2 (WORK IN PROGRESS)

"Don't look for role models, girls, BE the role model."

- Legion World member HARBINGER
Invisible Brainiac #848585 04/18/15 07:03 PM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Thank YOU, Fanfie, for the feedback and appreciation. I am so glad you felt moved by Magno's story despite not having any experience with him, and I am glad Thunder's piece was true to her.

As always, I appreciate the comments.

Invisible Brainiac #851503 05/19/15 10:28 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Hey IB, we all love suspense but its been over a month since you last posted anything, so please let us know you have plans for more, more, more coming soon?

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
Invisible Brainiac #851521 05/19/15 12:16 PM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Hi Harbi, your support is much appreciated! I do have plans and a rough outline of everything that should happen next. I just don't have the time or energy, been working 12 hour days for the past month as well as two Saturdays! I am quite exhausted honestly. Hopefully things will turn out better soon.

Invisible Brainiac #851564 05/20/15 01:49 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Ouch! That sounds heavy going, look after yourself IB, we'll be here waiting for when you have time to write again.

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
Invisible Brainiac #851567 05/20/15 05:55 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Thanks Harbi, I appreciate the strong support smile

Revelations
Invisible Brainiac #854423 06/14/15 02:00 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Feel daunted by the length of this thread? You can also check out the Recap Thread to catch up!

VOLUME 3: HOMECOMING

In another reality...

The mystical energies called forth by the White Witch settled on the entrance to the cave. Dreamer and Karate Kid stared at it for a few minutes even as Mysa continued to chant.

Val Armorr waited patiently. He resisted the urge to say something; he knew he didn't understand magic, but he also knew that, like him, Mysa needed to concentrate to use her craft to the fullest. And so he waited patiently, supporting Nura Nal even as her headache slowly intensified.
"Would you like to sit down, Dreamer?" he whispered carefully even as he guided her towards a suitable rock.

"Thank you Val... I just need a moment..." Nura closed her eyes as she steadied herself. Before he could move, she clutched his forearm even as she let out a bloodcurdling shriek. "Get down, now!"

Moving on pure instinct, Val jumped backwards with Nura in tow as an avalanche of rocks tumbled towards them. Setting Nura down gently, he leaped towards a still-levitating Mysa.

"I thank you, Karate Kid," Mysa intoned as the rocks smashed harmlessly against an invisible shield above her. "But I do not leave myself undefended. My spell is close to working, and I see the entity living inside this cave has taken steps to defend itself."

"And it's called some of our teammates to defend itself," Dreamer shouted urgently into her flight ring. "Do you hear that, Nightwind, Kinetix, Gates, Thunder?"

"No matter, I can extend my shields," Mysa said, eyes still closed even as a bolt of lightning crackled harmlessly above them. "I should finish with my spell soon."

"I hope so. Even your shields may not be a suitable defense against, say, Apparition or Star Boy or Violet..." Karate Kid mused as Timber Wolf and Shikari slammed into the air around them. Brin snarled. "No use, Kari. Do you see a way around?"

"I... OH!" Shikari fell as Ferro slammed into her. "I'm sorry, Kari, I'm not in control of myself," Andy moaned as Mentalla and Dyrk Magz appeared behind him. Dyrk quickly followed with a blaster shot at Timber Wolf's leg, stunning him for a moment.

"I'll free you, Ferro," Spark called from above as she aimed a blast at the blonde telepath. A piece of rock, coated in a green aura, floated up to meet it. Then smaller pieces of rock rose up to form a prison around Spark. "Sorry, Ayla," Kinetix called as she flew into view, Microbe, Nightwind and Blizzard in tow. "You need to stand down."

"I... we cannot," Shikari murmured as she struggled to stand up. A purple blur appeared in front of her and Brin, as Violet grew to normal size. "Please, guys," Violet stood with her hands in front of her. "I know it hurts, but we must stop. These are our friends. They just came to rescue us."

"Something else else is really making me want to stay here," Timber Wolf growled. "We may be outnumbered, but we're not going down without a fight," Brin snarled as he leaped forward. His leap was cut short as he was frozen solid in a block of ice. "I'm sorry, but we can't let you hurt us... or yourself," Blizzard said as he carefully created a few extra layers of slush to keep the block upright.

"And a dose of the Kwai morococcus will keep you down, Shikari," Microbe said quietly as she aimed at the insectoid Legionnaire, who collapsed in a shuddering heap.

Nightwind addressed the assembled Legionnaires. "Most of the others are recovering or restrained, except for a few in space," she explained. "How else can we help you, Mysa?"

"Get ready," the White Witch replied as the mystical energies she was handling converged on the entrance to the cave. "My spell of revelation will be complete in a few..."

Her words were drowned out as what sounded like the pained screams of a hundred lost souls invaded the air. The Legionnaires stared in shock as the cave roof exploded outwards in a shower of rock; only Mysa's and Kinetix's shields kept the team safe. A mass of pure blackness swirled around in front of them, twisting in around itself as it formed a gigantic humanoid shape.

Then the figure turned towards the stunned Legionnaires and screamed, and they felt the sound stab into their very souls.

Last edited by Invisible Brainiac; 05/26/17 06:33 PM.
Re: Revelations
Invisible Brainiac #859352 07/11/15 09:28 PM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Ugh... I'm almost done wrapping this part up. I mean, I know what happens next. It's getting the words out that's tough...

Hopefully I'll be able to post this weekend.

Invisible Brainiac #859370 07/11/15 11:02 PM
Deputy
Deputy
patiently awaiting yours and the Legions return IB!

read the adventures of the Reboot Legion!

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001232
Invisible Brainiac #859459 07/12/15 07:56 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Thanks Omni, your support is always appreciated.

Invisible Brainiac #860602 07/19/15 12:21 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Feel daunted by the length of this thread? You can also check out the Recap Thread to catch up!

In another reality...

The White Witch fell to her knees as the demonic screams rang through the air. Her spell allowed her to recognize this creature now - 108 evil spirits bound to this area. Only, their captivity had not been able to seal off their ability to influence their surroundings or living beings within it. "I know what it wants," she screamed. "It wants to feed off our energies to empower itself! That's why it manipulated the original team into wanting to stay here and fighting us...!"

Her teammates fell beside her; but some were feeling more pain than others. Dreamer's face was twisted in a mask of pain as she grunted. "It's compelling us to fight!" A gigantic Violet knelt down. "Must... get... away!" She screamed as she shrank down, her fingers clawing grooves in the soil as she did. Shikari shrieked as she thrashed about drowsily, still reeling from the disease Drura had infected her with. Even Ferro held his iron hands up to his head as he dropped to his knees.

Among the Legionnaires who had been on this world for weeks, only Karate Kid could even stand. Mysa watched in amazement as he staggered to his feet.

"I shall resist..." he muttered through gritted teeth. He began to move, shakily, as he approached the spirit in front of them. Bolts of energy radiated outwards from it as Val approached, sending clouds of dirt into the air.

"This type of spirit is usually bound to a specific place by an object called a keystone," Mysa called. "We have to find that stone and shatter it. Free the spirit and it loses its power over the area!"

"I can see its path!" Shikari mumbled as she thrashed around. "It is the rightmost fork in the cave, then the third path from there... AHHH!"

"What happens if we free it?" Nightwind asked.

"I can banish it," Mysa replied.

"Then we shall go," Karate Kid nodded as he stood. Without waiting for Nightwind's assent, he flew towards the cave entrance.

"Hey, wait!" Nightwind's objection was cut off as a ball of energy slammed into the walls above the cave, burying its entrance moments after Karate Kid vanished through it. "Nass!"

Inside the cave, Val ran through the mental exercises he had picked up during his travels on Titan. One of the first things students learned was how to guard their thoughts and keep from being controlled. Sweat ran down his back as he tried to push away the forces invading mind; he felt it ebb and throb, trying to assert its dominance. Yet somehow it felt weaker; it must be straining itself. Lucky for him. Even so, every so often, a muscle tensed involuntarily; he would will it to relax as he flew down the path, one of Brainiac 5's glowballs illuminating the way. He hugged the cave walls, going down the path Shikari had instructed.

Just as he reached the third fork, the walls began to creak. Plumes of rock shot around him, trying to smash him against the wall. As expected, it can control the very cave it resides in. I cannot do this on pure training alone.

"Karate Kid to Shikari. I know it's painful, but I need you," Val said even as he twisted and turned in midair. "The spirit is throwing obstacles at me. I cannot evade and find the keystone at the same time. I need you to focus."

"I... AHHHH!" Shikari screamed through the flight ring array. "I am trying..."

"I need you to try harder," Val grit his teeth as a rock whistled through the air inches from his head. "It is taking all my focus to survive."

"I... turn 15 degrees to your left, then three klicks in that direction. I... AHHHH! It's too painful!"

"Thank you, Shikari, that was enough," Val whispered as he twisted again. He focused his eyes through the dimness, and saw a gaping maw. The cave. Anchoring himself on the cave wall, he pushed off with his powerful legs and launched himself directly at the gaping hole.

Barriers of rock rose up to meet his path. Using his natural agility and his flight ring, Karate Kid dodged each one - though not without injury. Gashes and scratches marred his limbs as he advanced. Resisting the urge to scream, he continued to advance. Finally, he neared the cave entrance.

In a thunderous rush, a mass of rock closed it off. Val had expected this. Gathering his energy, he drew back his arm and punched right at the spot he sensed was weakest.

The newly-formed wall erupted in a spray of pebbles. Val paused as tried to understand the sight in front of him - a small cavern, and in it a swirling vortex of energy rooted to a small, heart-shaped stone. It hung silently for a moment, then the air screamed as it fired bolts of energy at Val. He jumped from side to side, though one hit his arm. Grunting, he changed his stance... and brought his good arm crashing onto the keystone.

The vortex of energy screamed, and the world erupted into darkness.

Last edited by Invisible Brainiac; 07/19/15 03:27 AM.
Invisible Brainiac #860636 07/19/15 03:24 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard

In another reality...

Karate Kid stirred as he felt his body floating in the air. It was a familiar sensation, like he was being pulled...

"Ah, glad to see you're awake," Kinetix smiled at him. "When you broke that thing's keystone, Mysa was able to trap it almost immediately. Shikari led us right to you after Dreamer told us you would need rescuing."

"That particular vision came just in time," Dreamer laughed.

"It was amazing," Blizzard's voice was full of awe. "The cave exploded, and Kinetix plucked you out of there in a psychokinetic bubble..."

"You were amazing too, Blizzard," Kinetix smiled. "You shielded us all."

"I... I... wow." Blizzard said as he sat down. "You're complimenting ME? I feel like I'm not a rookie anymore... I need a moment."

"I think we all do," Nightwind smiled. "I think we'd best call everyone together. We can debrief while we rest."

"Sounds like a wonderful idea..." Karate Kid smiled as he slipped into unconsciousness.

M'Onel looked around the campsite as his teammates - old and new - began to gather in a circle. Besides the glowing ball of energy that imprisoned the spirit which had been controlling them, everything seemed as idyllic and peaceful as it had been before they Bouncing Boy had arrived. M'Onel watched silently as the spirit began dissipating; the White Witch had explained that she was going to exorcise it.

"Credit for your thoughts?" M'Onel looked around to see Shvaughn Erin smiling at him. "I don't need to be a telepath to see you are not quite happy with yourself."

"I..." M'Onel paused. Shvaughn was only a few years older than most of his teammates, but she had a maturity and wisdom beyond most of them, as well. "I know I was manipulated by a magical being, but I still feel guilty about attacking teammates who came to rescue me."

"You hold yourself to such high standards, M'On," Shvaughn said gently as she sat beside him. "Karate Kid and Dreamer resisted because of their mental training, and perhaps because they were seen as less of a threat. Saturn Girl could not because her telepathy left her an open book. Shikari's pathfinding sense was blinded, though she did come through during the final battle. And you and Andromeda are as vulnerable to magical control as anyone. There is no shame in being controlled."

"I suppose... but I still feel like I should have known better."

"Is it..." Shvaughn bit her lip. She had never confronted M'Onel about his identity as Valor. As far as she knew, he did not realize that she had found out when they were trapped in the timestream* - he was in deathly pain then, though Brainiac 5 had mentioned his thousand-year imprisonment in the Phantom Zone. She had put two and two together with the Legion's "failed" public attempt to rescue him.** Out of respect for his secret, she had never mentioned it. "I know most of Earth... most of the UP... places you on a slightly taller pedestal than they do most of the Legionnaires, M'On. You don't need to meet that pedestal. You're a person, too, just like everyone else here is."

M'Onel turned slowly and smiled. "You always know the right thing to say, Shvaughn. Thanks for being there for me always." He turned back to look at his gathering teammates, relaxing around the circle. "And thank you for keeping my secret as well as any of my teammates have."

Shvaughn's heart skipped a beat as M'Onel met her eyes. "When did you..."

"As soon as Brainy let it slip in the timestream," M'Onel laughed. "I figured you were sharp enough to realize what he meant. But I always knew I could count on you; you've proved your loyalty time and again." He reached out and held her hand. "Thank you."

"Of course," Shvaughn smiled back warmly. "Of course."

"Okay, Legionnaires," Kid Quantum II's voice came over the flight ring array. "Gather around. We need to debrief."

Shvaughn chuckled as she pulled herself up. "I guess we still have a lot of work to do."

"Work is easier when you're fighting side by side with good friends," M'Onel smiled as they walked to the gathering together.

Over three dozen heads turned in rapt attention, arranged in a semi-circle, as Kid Quantum II and Nightwind stood in front of them. "Are you ready, Saturn Girl?" Jazmin asked. Imra nodded. "Everyone, get ready to be updated." Her telepathic signature flashed pink as months' worth of updates downloaded into everyone's minds.

"Whoaaaaaa, so that's how you came back, Zoe..."**** Spark murmured.

"Bet you regret leaving us to stay behind with the older Legion, huh?" Star Boy laughed as he nudged Gates.*****

"Congratulations, Sussa," Jo smiled at Spider-Girl. "Glad you picked yourself up after McCauley bailed."******

"You restored our whole universe?!" Brainiac 5 gasped.

Wildfire stood up. "Grife, we have to get back there and save everyone!"

"Okay guys, enough," Kid Quantum said. "You all know what's happened, but we don't know what's happening. Fortunately, we have a plan. Nightwind?"

Nightwind stood and hoped her knees didn't shake. She knew that, to most of the older team, she was still the Cadet******* they had trained before they vanished. She also knew that Kid Quantum II believed in her, and while Jazmin would take the role of disciplinarian for now, Berta was being given the chance to act as co-leader. "Remember, we only found all of you because we followed the unknown villain's invasion fleet to the other Legion's Earth. Our best guess is it was a preemptive strike against a neighboring reality with inter-dimensional transport capability. He also has a Kwai guide, so he could have traced the original team's path there. In short, he's playing for keeps."

"So we clean up our mess," Kid Quantum added. "We help fight that invasion force off and use whatever information we can get from it to plan for how we retake our universe."

"Any questions?" Nightwind asked.

"Just one," Cosmic Boy grinned. "Who wants to say it?"

"Oh, like sprock you're going to," Live Wire chuckled.

In unison, 45 voices spoke. "LET'S GO, LEGIONNAIRES!"

IB's notes:

1) The Legion freed M'Onel from the Phantom Zone in Legionnaires 31. At first, they pretended to botch a rescue attempt to quell religious fervor across the UP - recall that M'Onel used to be Valor, the man who "seeded" various UP worlds with superpowered survivors of Dominator experiments. His deeds have made him into a religious figure for many races. After he contracted lead poisoning, Superboy exiled him into the Phantom Zone to spare his life.

2) The Legion was trapped in the timestream in Legionnaires 47/LSH 91. During that time, Brainiac 5 tapped M'Onel's stored up energy from being in the Zone for so long. He mentioned M'Onel's 1000-year long exile where everyone could hear. I'm betting Shvaughn was smart enough to figure it out.

3) As revealed earlier, Kinetix was thought dead after Legion of 3 Worlds. Volume 2 of my story details her return and the restoration of this Legion's universe.

4) After Legion of 3 Worlds, Gates elected to stay with the Retroboot Legion.

5) Spider-Girl is Ultra Boy's ex-girlfriend. They dated when they were in Leland McCauley's Workforce. When he aimed for the UP Presidency, McCauley fired all underaged Workforce members including Spider-Girl.

6) Nightwind, along with Microbe (Infectious Lass), Blizzard (Polar Boy), Impulse (Kent Shakespeare) and Babbage, had all been Legion Cadets before being promoted to full Legionnaire status.

Last edited by Invisible Brainiac; 05/15/18 07:08 AM.
Invisible Brainiac #860642 07/19/15 04:03 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
What a great resolution! Awesome to see Val save the day and I really liked that scene with Shvaughn and M'on!

Also thanks for all the work you've put into that recap thread IB...can really see how much effort has gone into it smile

Invisible Brainiac #860644 07/19/15 04:19 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Aw, thanks raz! Nice of you to say.

Val's training and focus made him a good choice to resist mental domination. I also felt bad about having his Volume 1 "tribute" piece be so short and unrevealing compared to the others so I made up for it here.

I think Shvaughn and M'Onel have a lot going for them smile They did OK in Legion Worlds 1.

Thanks for the continued support smile

Invisible Brainiac #860708 07/19/15 09:37 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Lovely stuff, from the formality of Mysa to the blushing insecurity of Blizzard you havereally captured the individual voices of all your characters IB, take a bow!

It's nice that the less powerful - Val and Dreamer - are the two to lead the assault on the enemy, nice to see it isn't their stronger flashier teammates who resist and ultimately allow Mysa to capture and banish the spirits.

As Raz saidthe M'On and Shvaugn moment was well done too.

So, 45 Legionnaires to play with - what have you got it mind to do next?

Can't wait to find out. More, more, more!

Invisible Brainiac #860710 07/19/15 09:50 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Thank you, Harbi! I wanted to highlight that super powers aren't everything - training is important too.

Glad you liked Shvaughn/M'On too!

I have quite a bit in mind for my rather large team smile

Invisible Brainiac #860713 07/19/15 09:57 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
fabbo, I'm looking forward to reading what you have planned next.

We Shall Return
Invisible Brainiac #860730 07/19/15 11:01 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard

In another Legion's reality...

Herros watched as the ship he was in rained destruction down on Metropolis. He had nothing but contempt for the city underneath them, nor for this particular reality - he and his Master had escaped here after the red skies hit their home universe, and he found it in every way inferior.

Certainly, this Earth had its own heroes, many of whom were at least as powerful, or more so, than the Legion of his own place. But they were different. And it was of no consequence; if they subjugated this Earth, his Master could study them at his leisure. And if they didn't, they could return here once they were done in his home universe. They just had to make sure nothing would dethrone them.

And that was why he needed to find his reality's Legion. Their path led here... and they were the only ones with incentive to combat his Master in their home. But still, nothing! It was like their paths had vanished.

Herros would not let on, but this worried him.

"Have you not found anything yet, Herros?" Rayl growled. His four-armed ex-Credo* teammate snarled. "The Master will have our heads if we fail! He considered sending many of those so-called super-villains along with us because he thought we could succeed!"

"Maybe we should capture one of the heroes here," the avian Nox considered as she peeked out the window. "One of them might be able to tell us something."

"That won't be necessary!" Herros snarled. "I just need more time, that is all."

"Um... time might be something we don't have much of," Nox muttered. "Brek! Ngangan! Kusp! Get ready!"

"I'm always r- UNGH!" Ngangan shrieked as her feline form was thrown backwards. Herros gasped as a gigantic hand tore into their ship. Brek blasted a cloud of cold air at the hand, freezing two of its fingers and causing its owner to yelp. "Not very nice of you," a melodious female voice complained. Another purple-sleeved hand came through the same opening and smashed into Brek, knocking the mammal into the wall.

"Get the drones! The drones!" Rayl screamed.

"Your drones are down," a woman clothed in a flowing white cape laughed as she floated through the ship's hull. Nox grabbed her gun and fired, but the bullets passed harmlessly through their assailant. "Not very smart, are you?" The woman reached a hand through the gun, causing it to spark. Nox screamed as she dropped it; she grunted again as the woman punched her in the face.

"I suppose they prefer to shoot first and ask questions later." Herros turned to see a luminescent being approach. "You are Herros, I presume? I am told you were not able to see our path. Perhaps I can help shed some light on it." A beam of light erupted from the being, causing Herros to drop to his knees in pain.

Herros screamed in anger and in pain as he was pulled roughly to his feet. The deep voice of his captor sounded... amused! "Why, Lume, did you just make a joke?"

"It is part of fitting in, Impulse," Lume replied. "And now let me tell Nightwind the good news."

This is Trudi Trusoe of the Daily Planet. Just six hours ago, our Legionnaires gathered to face an invading force from another universe. They managed to stalemate the forces, but the arrival of reinforcement Legionnaires, also from another universe, has turned the tide squarely on our Legion's side! This Legion appears to be very similar to one of the alternate teams who assisted during the Legion of Super-Villains' rampage a few months ago, with a few glaring exceptions...

"Sprock it, rust, rust!" Chemical Kid gasped as a drone fired at him. "Sprock! I still don't understand what these things are made of... oops!" Hadru felt something snap around his waist, pulling him to safety. Looking down, he was shocked to see long tendrils of hair curling around him. "Let go of me, Spider-Girl!"

"I'm the good one," she replied testily. "You should really pay more attention during meetings." As Hadru gaped, she grabbed two blasters with her hair and fired at the drones, destroying them.

Hadru gulped. "Oh, I'm paying attention now..."

"So, how is it being back with your original team?" the older Timber Wolf asked as he somersaulted over an automated tank.

"I'll be perfectly honest, Brin. I really did miss them," Gates replied as he opened a teleportation disk on top of the tank, dropping a cruiser-sized piece of debris on it. "Just don't tell anyone."

"Does that ban extend to me too?" the younger Timber Wolf laughed as he maneuvered a drone into firing at another. "Or would you prefer to keep your grumpy exterior intact?"

"Hey, I keep our team honest, Brin," Gates replied with a hint of a laugh. "Speaking of, how much longer, Brainy? Haven't you figured out how to shut down these things yet?"

"Oh ye of little faith," came Brainiac 5's voice over the flight ring array. "I will be done in 3... 2... 1...!"

Engines all over Metropolis ceased to hum as the automated drones and weapons descended slowly to the ground. "Accomplished with ease," Brainy added.

"Huh, you kids are okay," the older Brin snorted. "I can't believe our Brainy didn't figure that out."

"Your Brainy would have, I'm sure," Gates said kindly. "It's just that our Brainy had Shikari AND Dawnstar both to lead us to the lead ship controlling everything, plus Gear and Babbage to track the signal. Now come on; with your team and ours combined we should be able to clean things up fast!"

"And here I thought you hated clean-up duty, Gates," the younger Brin chuckled as he and Gates flew towards the main ship.

The older Brin stared at Gates' back mournfully. "Your team, huh..." Then he sighed as he took off into the air. "Well, Gates is finally back home where he belongs."

IB's notes:

1) The Legion 5. Rayl was the one who recruited Herros into the Credo. Nox, Brek, Kusp and Ngangan were also there. Brek has ice powers.

Last edited by Invisible Brainiac; 07/23/15 02:00 PM.
Re: We Shall Return
Invisible Brainiac #861435 07/23/15 12:52 PM
Deputy
Deputy
So glad to read these updates and see that life is hopefully calming down for you IB.

I loved how you spot lighted Val and him taking out the evil spirit was very well done. The wall exploding a cool visual.

I have a question, was it the Unknown Villain that put the spirits there or were they there naturally and he used it to his advantage...also where is Singularity through all of this...i don't remember what happened to him and i doubt he'd let his Credo members go far.

I really liked seeing Herros get taken down by Lume and i like that "its all about fitting it."

Gates and Retroboot Timber Wolf are a fun duo i forgot how much potential there was for stories for them. But i'm happy to have Gates home!

read the adventures of the Reboot Legion!

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001232
Invisible Brainiac #861460 07/23/15 02:05 PM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Thanks, Omni, it's good to have been able to write again - even just for a bit. I really appreciate your support.

The spirits were really there, just one of the hazards of jumping from reality to reality. Last we saw Singularity, he was turned into crystal by Live Wire to stop him from blowing up the Credo ship. He should still be there.

Glad you liked Lume's little joke. Yeah, Gates and Retroboot Brin had a budding friendship over in Legion Lost 2, but Gates will always be (for me) a critical part of the Reboot Legion.

Glad you liked Val's spotlight too!

Invisible Brainiac #861541 07/24/15 12:24 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard

In another Legion's reality...

The younger Cosmic Boy glanced over at his younger brother, who was concentrating harder than he had ever seen him do. The two were assigned to gather up deactivated drones around the lead ship. Brainiac 5 had ordered all drones to approach, and now the two Braalians were storing them neatly into the cargo hold.

Rokk himself was feeling the strain, but not quite as badly. Ever since they were young, Rokk had just been the more naturally-talented one. He could tell that Pol was just as good as he was now, but he had had to work just a little bit harder.

They hadn't had much of a chance to talk since leaving Eden (the name Lyle had bestowed upon their seemingly-idyllic home these past few months), but now was as good a time as any.

"I'm sorry for saying those things when we fought, Pol," Rokk said. He didn't make eye contact. "I didn't mean that. Not really. I mean, I enjoyed not having to worry about anything, but I really do appreciate you coming to get me. And if mom and dad are in danger..."

Pol wiped the sweat of his brow, then turned to smile at Rokk. "I know you would come running, if you were in full control of myself. No one doubts you or any of the others, Rokk." The two exchanged a smile.

"You seem to be making a fine Legionnaire, Pol," Rokk continued. "I never knew you were interested, but I'm glad you decided to join."

"Yeah, well... I only became interested after you guys vanished," Pol laughed. "It was my way of keeping you alive..."

The two smiled again. It was the smile between two brothers who almost always compete, but who would die for one another. Or at least cover for each other if one had a really hot date.

"So, uh, alternate Legionnaires," Pol continued. "I tried to say Hi to the other Rokk, but he seemed kind of out of it. Then I had to dodge a drone, and kind of lost track of him."

"Yeah, well..." Rokk paused. "His Pol died not long ago."

"Oh..."

"But so did this reality's Ferro, and their Lyle, and their Mentalla, and one-third of their Luornu. And their Gim and Jan are both still very much alive. So that doesn't mean anything." Rokk's voice was firm. "I worried too, when I first saw you were a Legionnaire, but what happens in one reality does not have to happen in another."

"No, no, it doesn't," Pol laughed. "I'm glad my big brother is here to give me such cheesy, inspirational advice."

Rokk laughed as he punched Pol in the shoulder. "And I'm glad my kid brother is here to annoy the heck out of me."

The two grinned as they continued their work.

Last edited by Invisible Brainiac; 07/24/15 03:44 AM.
Invisible Brainiac #861555 07/24/15 08:04 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
I like this! We never really saw enough of Cos and Pol v1.0 interacting! smile

Invisible Brainiac #861559 07/24/15 08:27 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Thanks raz smile we'll have a few more moments like this before the Postboot Legion makes the jump back to their universe!

Page 14 of 49 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 48 49

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,012
Posts1,044,269
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Joe Kalicki
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
String
String
The Bright, Sunny South
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star