Roll Call
1 members (Gaseous Lad, Gaseous Lad), 56 Murran Spies, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Gaseous Lad - 03/29/24 08:23 AM
Kill This Thread XLIX - We're Getting Old
by Gaseous Lad - 03/29/24 08:18 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by Gaseous Lad - 03/29/24 08:15 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Legion Tracker - 03/29/24 08:01 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by idle - 03/29/24 07:00 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by idle - 03/29/24 06:59 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 03/29/24 04:06 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 03/29/24 04:05 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
The Bits Directory! (Work in Progress)
#868037 09/03/15 07:41 PM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
As suggested by Omni and seconded by Fanfie and myself, this thread will be a Bits directory! The aim is to make Bits easier to navigate and hopefully increase traffic to the forum.

We will be organizing works by fiction vs. art, Legion vs. LMB-verse vs. non-Legion, and under Legion by reality. If you have any suggestions on the structure, please feel free to post in this thread.

It's a work in progress, so please expect it to take some time.

I can go through the existing threads later, but for now if you want your work to go in the directory, please PM me the following:

1) Title
2) Link
3) Cast (or at least description of which reality, for example, Postboot Legion, Post-Legends Justice League, LMB-verse)
4) Brief description (one sentence to one paragraph).
5) Authors, if collaborative effort. If it's a tag-team or multi-person collaborative effort (like Dark oval which had maybe 8 writers in total) then note it too.
6) Note if it's completed, in progress (means it has a fixed end, but is not done yet) or ongoing (means you plan to continue indefinitely).

thanks!

On to the directory. Again, it's a work in progress!

• Fiction
    • Legion of Super-Heroes
      • Preboot
        • The Book of Talok Ongoing by Fanfic Lady. A showcase thread for fan fiction stories chronicling the adventures of Talok VIII's Champions across the ages. Main Cast: Tasmia Mallor (Talok VIII Champion, late 30th Century through early 31st Century, Lydea Mallor (Talok VIII Champion, late 20th Century through early-mid 21st Century), Lyrissa Mallor (Talok VIII Champion, late 20th Century). Stories in the Book of Talok include:
          • "Amber Alert" (Preboot, Post-Crisis, 20th Century, timeline deviating after L.E.G.I.O.N. #55)
          • "Twilight/Beware My Power" (Preboot, Post-Crisis, 30th Century, timeline deviating after the Universo Project)
          • "Champions" (Preboot, Post-Crisis, 20th Century, mainstream timeline)
          • "...Than to Curse the Darkness" (Retroboot, Post-LO3W, 21st Century, featuring Mikaal Tomas of Talok III, and the Justice League of America circa 2010)
          • "Fate In Threes" (Preboot, Post-Crisis, 30th Century, timeline deviating after the Magic Wars)
          • "Rude Awakening" (In Progress) (Preboot, Post-Crisis, 30th Century, sequel to "Fate in Threes")
      • Postboot
        • Tales of the Legion of Super Heroes in Universe 248. by Omni (ongoing).

Omni follows the Post-boot Legion after Legion of Three worlds (LO3W).

Summary: the Legion of Super Heroes have lost their universe and after helping save another Legion's universe, they've returned to the void to try and find others like them without a reality to call home.But now in a new reality and unable to leave The Legion must find away to survive in their new "Home"

• The Continuing Adventures of the Postboot Legion by Invisible Brainiac (ongoing). Has its own recap thread summarizing developments. Cast list is included in the recap.

Follows the Postboot Legion and their universe after Legion of 3 Worlds.
          Volume 1: Loss looks at the legacies of the vanished Legionnaires and introduces a new team which is carrying on for them.
          Volume 2: Scattered Souls follows the vanished Legionnaires after Legion of 3 Worlds and shows how their home universe was restored.
          Volume 3: Homecoming is about a mysterious villain who takes over Legion World, and shows how the Legionnaires return to their home.
          Volume 4: Moving On shows the reunited Legion, bigger and stronger than ever! What challenges will they face next?

• Threeboot
        • Retroboot

• Postlo3w Legion by razsolo. Also hosted on www.postlo3w.livejournal.com. Ongoing. This series focuses on the adventures of the Legion of Superheroes diverging after the events of Legion of 3 Worlds. Cast as of September 20, 2015:
            BLOK
            BRAINIAC 5 (leader)
            CHAMELEON BOY
            CHLOROPHYLL KID
            COLOR KID
            COMET QUEEN
            COSMIC BOY
            DAWNSTAR
            DIAMOND DAMSEL
            DRAGONMAGE
            DREAM GIRL
            ELASTIC LAD
            ELEMENT LAD
            FIRE LAD
            GAS GIRL
            INFECTIOUS LASS
            INVISIBLE KID II
            KID COMPUTO
            LAUREL KENT (intern)
            LIGHT LAD
            LIGHTNING LASS
            MATTER-EATER LAD
            MON-EL
            NIGHT GIRL
            NIGHTWIND
            PHANTOM GIRL
            POLAR BOY
            QUISLET
            SHADOW LASS
            SHRINKING VIOLET
            STAR BOY
            STONE BOY
            SUN BOY
            SUPERGIRL
            TELLUS
            TIMBER WOLF
            ULTRA BOY (deputy leader)
            WILDFIRE

• Other

• 21st Century Legion started as a collaborative effort to reimagine Legionnaires if they existed in our 21st century. Morphed into a sustained piece of fiction by Cobalt Kid, Reboot, Invisible Brainiac. Has its own Roll Call thread listing all the characters with creator credits per character AND a ton of micros by Reboot) and Chat thread used by the 3 ongoing writers.

Volume 1 is the beginning; it started with origin stories per Legionnaire and morphed into an ongoing.

Volume 2 starts with a recap of Volume 1 and continues through to Earth War.

Secret Files and Originscontains detailed bios for Reboot's characters and notes on some of his scenes.

Redemption at the North Pole is a side story by Invisible Brainiac, finishing a plot thread started in Volume 1.
        • LMB-verse (The LMB is the fictional Legion formed by members of Legion World in its own universe)
          • LMB Novella: The Lord of the Oval . Primary Authors: Abin Quank, Cobalt Kid, Dev-Em, Faraway Lad, Invisible Brainiac, Paladin, Power Boy, Rockhopper Lad, SharkLad, Tempest.
            Secondary Authors: Angdar Fel, Angra Metternich, Helena Handbasket, Hrun the Barbarian, Kalla Hrykos, Lolita, Lucifer Lass, Renly Fox, Timber Wolf. Idea credits: Eryk Davis Ester, Quislet Esq.

Has its own creator commentary thread.

Chronicles the LMB's fight against the mysterious and powerful Dark Oval. It is a massive space-opera spanning worlds and nearly the entire membership of the LMB!

• Homecoming. Ongoing Onevision by Invisible Brainiac. After the Dark Oval War, IB and Blaze explore Earth, which has just recently been liberated from the Corporations' control. What they find is a fractious mess of disunity and xenophobia. Along the way, the couple also learns more about each other's pasts.
          • I Was A Teenage Gill-Man!. Completed Onevision by Kappa Kid. Learn the startling origins of Kappa Kid! Is he man or beast? And what horrors await him in the Adavi jungle?
        • Other
        • Art

Last edited by Invisible Brainiac; 12/30/15 03:26 PM.
Re: The Bits Directory! (Work in Progress)
Invisible Brainiac #868041 09/03/15 07:52 PM
Humanoid from the Deep
Humanoid from the Deep
This seems like an interesting idea, Ibby! Let me know if you need any help with moving posts or modifying anything. smile

Keep up with what I've been watching lately!

"Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? Our nation turns its lonely eyes to you."
Invisible Brainiac #868055 09/03/15 08:18 PM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Thanks Stalgie smile I haven't put much thought into it yet but I think, once we get the "active" threads listed, it would be good to eventually go through the archives... might take a while though....

Invisible Brainiac #868541 09/08/15 10:52 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
This is an awesome idea! I have got tomorrow off so I will try and write something up smile

Invisible Brainiac #868551 09/08/15 01:04 PM
Humanoid from the Deep
Humanoid from the Deep
This is looking pretty good so far, Ibby! smile When I'm not swamped by school, I'll definitely help update the list.

Keep up with what I've been watching lately!

"Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? Our nation turns its lonely eyes to you."

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,012
Posts1,044,319
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Disdemona
Disdemona
Fort McMurray, AB
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star