Roll Call
0 members (), 17 Murran Spies, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by idle - 03/28/24 09:35 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by idle - 03/28/24 08:46 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 03/28/24 07:59 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by stile86 - 03/28/24 07:57 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by stile86 - 03/28/24 07:56 PM
Kill This Thread XLIX - We're Getting Old
by Ann Hebistand - 03/28/24 05:28 PM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Ann Hebistand - 03/28/24 05:24 PM
Who's Who in Raz's Legion? *added ALEK ARCANE 4 February*
by Invisible Brainiac - 03/28/24 11:42 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
I DISCOVERED MY TRUE IDENTITY! Also, AU Legion
#871501 10/04/15 11:28 PM
Candidate
OP Offline
Candidate
Hey ya'll!

So digging around, I discovered my old handle-I was Not-So-Bad Lad here years ago but fell out of Internet use and no longer have access to that account unfortunately. But! I found an old thread with some of the Microheroes I'd made for the Legion AU I wanted to make, and thought I'd post an updated one I had here, so here they are!

[Linked Image]

First Row: Cosmic Boy, Saturn Girl, Lightning Lad, Triplicate Girl, Phantom Girl, Atom Girl, Matter-Eater Lad, Colossal Boy, Chameleon Kid, Bouncing Boy, Kid Quantum, Brainiac 5, Invisible Kid, and Weather Boy

Second Row: Dream Girl, Gates, Automatic Lad, White Witch, Nemesis Kid, Galaxy Girl, Shadow Lass, Reflecto, Animal Lad, Superlass, Superlad, Power Lass

Third Row: Princess Projectra, Cloud King, Kinetic Kid, Karate Kid, Solar Boy, Light Lass, Sound Sorcerer, Antimatter Lad, Catalyst Queen, Sonic Kid, Calorie Queen, and Sensor Girl

Forth Row: Star Boy, Ultra Boy, Ferrous Lad, Element Lad, Polar Boy, Jenni Quick, Timber Wolf, Ms. Medusa, Radiation Roy, Power Ring, Fortress Lass, and Stone Boy

I can post what I have on their bios so far in ya'll are interested, and please any constructive criticism is more than welcome!

Re: I DISCOVERED MY TRUE IDENTITY! Also, AU Legion
XRay Russ #871505 10/05/15 03:46 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
They look cool! I would like bios laugh

XRay Russ #871512 10/05/15 06:53 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Wow. awesome seeing them all together. Some great code names too - Ms. Medusa, Sound Sorcerer, Jenni Quick...

XRay Russ #871513 10/05/15 08:24 AM
Humanoid from the Deep
Humanoid from the Deep
Nice work, Russ. These are great! I think Radiation Roy's costume is my favorite still.

Keep up with what I've been watching lately!

"Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? Our nation turns its lonely eyes to you."
XRay Russ #871519 10/05/15 09:19 AM
Active
Active
Very nice! Please ignore my request under the LegionPics entry. And yes, bios would be nice. Is Cloud King supposed to be Jacques?

XRay Russ #871539 10/05/15 11:08 AM
Candidate
OP Offline
Candidate
I'm still fiddling with a lot of the lore, but some of it's set in stone and yes: Cloud King is Jacques, and I'll start with him since it's by request smile

[Linked Image]

Cloud King - Jacques Foccart of Earth
Powers: Controllable gas form

A childhood friend of Lyle Norg, Jacques was never a biochemist or a spy, looking more towards social work and intergalactic relations. He still had his finger on the pulse of a lot of political intrigue however, and the bright and funny Jacques helped his old friend in his espionage work from his quiet desk in the Earthgov DiploCorps offices as best he could. When Molock Hanscom of the Cosmic Spy league decides Norg and his 'Legion Espionage Squad' are too much of a threat, however, he sends agents to assassinate those close to the Invisible Kid. The Espionage Squad manages to save everyone, save for Jacques who got into a brawl with the assassin sent for Lyle in Lyle's lab, and is exposed to the serum that gave Lyle his powers. Invisible Kid arrives just in time to see the assassin painfully vanish into thin air and Jacques dissipate into a cloud of green fog.

When Invisible Kid confronts Hanscom, the cloud of green fog pours into the room and begins assaulting the elder spy: Jacques had been affected by the serum in a much different way than Lyle had (so had the assassin, but that's a story for another time...), giving him the ability to turn into an inert and controllable gaseous form.

After taking down the head of the Cosmic Spy League with his newly empowered friend, Lyle offered Jacques a position in the Legion, which he accepted. Jacques is Number Two to Lyle in his Espionage squad and the old friends spend a lot of their off time together, perhaps growing into more than friends (much to the chagrin of Catalyst Queen, for some reason having to do with Lyle it seems...)

Last edited by XRay Russ; 10/05/15 12:17 PM.
XRay Russ #871573 10/05/15 05:18 PM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
Jacques with Mist Master's powers is a cool idea, nice way to keep his tie to Lyle and avoid power duplication! I like that he comes with his own enemy too smile

XRay Russ #871603 10/05/15 09:29 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Originally Posted by XRay Russ

So digging around, I discovered my old handle-I was Not-So-Bad Lad here years ago but fell out of Internet use and no longer have access to that account unfortunately.

I can probably help you regain access to the old account if you like. Just pm me.

XRay Russ #871737 10/07/15 12:47 AM
Rejected Substitute Reservist
I LIVE AGAIN!

Naw but seriously thanks!

Also I figure I do one of these a day I'll get through em quick when it comes to getting ya'll the bios, so here goes.

[Linked Image]

Radiation Roy - Roy Travich of Dracksler

Described by Legionnaire Jo Nah as "The Diet Rimbor", Dracksler is an industrial hub and important hubworld on fringe space, and it was there amid the work-gangs and the corporate Mercs that Roy Travich grew up. Metas were hunted on Dracksler by many different companies and groups to study and profit from their powers, and the streetwise Roy had developed a helluva rap sheet just scraping by into his teens. He fled his homeworld looking for a better lift, but his bad habits with authority stuck with him and, while attending one of the Legion Tryouts, he got into a scrap with Science Police while waiting his turn and was caught by the Legionnaires. He escaped custody shortly thereafter, and for a long time 'Radiation Roy' was a thorn in the side of the Legion (save for Drake and Jo, who reached out to the young outcast and actually came to good terms with him after his actually assisted them in subduing an errant skin-grafter assaulting a spaceport using stolen Daxamite tissue).

The law finally caught up to Roy during the Magicanox, while the Legionnaires were busy keeping the universal laws of Magic from consuming reality. Transferred to the prison planet, it wasn't long before a mass breakout caused the then-incarcerated Power Lass to form the Legion of Takron-Galtos with Roy, Ms. Medusa, and Power Ring. The group managed by the skin of their teeth to get the Prison Planet stable again while the Legion was otherwise occupied, and by the tightest vote in Legion History the Legionnaires of Takron-Galtos were voted into the Legion proper; time will tell, however, if this turned out to be a very big mistake...

"I weighed the odds of this working versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid and, well, I did it anyway,"

- Crow T. Robot
XRay Russ #871740 10/07/15 01:30 AM
One more tonight!

[Linked Image]

Weather Boy - Myke Chypurz of Luna

Myke Chypurz, awas a Luna Native and involved in a teleporton malfunction with a weather control device. The resident Multifunctional Adaptive Doctroid of staff performed emergency surgery on the poor kid, who'd been tele-contaminated right into the working components of a MardonRod. The MADoc, which had never been the most well programmed virtual intelligence, reasoned the only way to save Myke was to get him and the WeatherRod components to work together. And they do, with only a couple handful of pills every morning and enough tech under his skin to run a Coluan Net-iac relay.

A live-in resident at one of Brande's research centers on Mars called the Brande Institute, Myke became friends with Brainiac 5 and Lyle Norg as they tried to help him deal with both his health and his newfound weather control powers. After getting a relatively clean bill of health Myke traveled with Brande to Earth where he was on-hand at the United Planets Center when it was attacked by terrorists, and along with the other founders he was able to repel the cadre of attackers. He was naive, maybe even younger than his years, but Myke was one of the first to agree with Brande about the founding of the Legion and joined as Weather Boy.

Myke got along great with members like Garth Ranzz (always challenging and often losing to the Winathian in a game they made called 'Lightning Off') and even developed a crush on Luornu. Things were going amazing. Myke stopped being annoyed about having to replace scrubbed sub-dermal components and take so many anti-terminal meds in the morning. He was a Legionnaire. He could beat it all.

Then came the StationFall Incident, mere months into the Legion's existence. An Anti-UP Extremist named The Black Mace tried to drop the massive research satellite Medicus One on top of Metropolis. Some Legionnaires fought him in the station directly while others (like Weather Boy and Triad) tried to evacuate Metropolis. Medicus One entered the atmosphere as The Black Mace fought off members like Lightning Lad and Cosmic Boy from within the station, and all seemed lost. All was lost.

Except for Cosmic Boy, who managed to hold the satellite together from the inside, with Garth electrically boosting his powers and Brainiac 5 using his force field belt to push from the bottom, to slow the descent. Except for Myke, who used his weather control powers to keep the hull of the entire station cool as it fell. Who used his powers to create such a massive up-current and he, along with Garth and Rokk and Querl, managed to hold the station together and away from the ground long enough for Science Police StellarTugs to safely pull it away from population centers.

Garth and Rokk were exhausted, and Querl's force field belt had nearly burst every seal, but Myke was far past that. He'd blown all the tech in his body maxing out his powers. He was in shock, and bleeding internally, and managed to make it to the ground and died with Luornu and Tinya and Imra in the grass of Metropolis Square. The Black Mace was missing and presumed dead in his attempted escape, but not a single patient in Medicus One was hurt. No one in Metropolis had anything worse than a broken bone. The Legion had done it. Myke had done it. Not a bad day's work, not a bad life lived, for some cyborg freakshow from the wrong side of the Moon.

After his death, residual energy from his power kept it overcast and raining for nearly month straight in Metropolis. A few days after the StationFall Incident, it was voted unanimously by the now somber teenage heroes that no Legionnaire could be empowered by technology or wholly outside devices.

[I came up with this version of Myke for a game, and we used this version of Weather Boy in the Legacy Legion game over on Dreamwidth, and I ended up integrating a lot of his story into my AU.]

"I weighed the odds of this working versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid and, well, I did it anyway,"

- Crow T. Robot
XRay Russ #871744 10/07/15 05:24 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
These are great! I love the idea of a bunch of rough around the edges good guys on Takron-Galtos, it makes sense that on a whole planet they can't all be Roxxas...and Weather Boy really sounds like something that could be from the comic, it's awesome how you used him to introduce the "powers only" rule!

XRay Russ #871821 10/07/15 03:47 PM
Next one on the list, and if anyone has any requests in particular let me know!

[Linked Image]

Power Ring - Rond Vidar of Earth

Universo, a massively powerful Titanian criminal who cut a swath through the United Planets nearly twenty years ago, has become obsessed with the powers of the emotional spectrum. He's collected shards of rings and burnt-out lanterns from across the galaxy, but after the Spectrum Wars of 2885, few remnants of the different Corps remain. Universo has located one remaining lantern, a bright orange one, and built around it the Avarice Engine, a massive space platform that broadcast its power through whole sectors of the galaxy, causing otherwise normal citizens into greedy hordes of selfish, squabbling mobs. The Legion does its best to contain the issue and defeat Universo, but all seems like it may be lost...

Save for Rond Vidar, a friend of Lyle and Querl's from the Science Asteroid and the bastard son of Universo. While searching through the trinkets and relics his father had collected, trying to find the information he needed to stop him, Rond ran across an odd ring that seemed to...whisper to him. His father had spoken of the Ring to him before: supposedly it was purchased from a Dimensional Traveler, as a sort of...reflection of the Lanterns in our universe from a different reality. The Ring was odd, it's top baring a small triangular shield with a weird 'X' design on it. It spoke to him, told Rond that it was the most Powerful of Rings he could hope to find, to wield. None of the other broken junk was going to help him, certainly. It could help him save his friends. It could help him stop his father. It could help him save the Galaxy.

All he had to do was put it on.

All he had to do was say 'Yes'.

The power the ring gave Rond ended up saving the day, but now Rond shared his being with an entity known as Volthoom, who wished him to use his power in combat and chaos. Only the powerful will of Rond kept the Ring in check, but he voluntarily gave himself over to SP Custody on Takron-Galtos after lashing out at the Legion while they tried to assist him.

Joining later with the controversial Legion of Takron-Galtos, the alone time Rond has spent in solitary has helped his control over the impulses of the Ring. But Volthoom is a patient force, who is not done with the young son of Universo yet...

Last edited by Not-So-Bad Lad; 10/07/15 03:54 PM.

- Crow T. Robot
XRay Russ #871872 10/08/15 01:40 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Wow, some very interesting alternate histories here!

Jacques as Cloud King is great, kudos for giving him a power that does not duplicate Lyle's. Hints of a Lyle-Jacques romance are intriguing.

Agree with raz that using Weather Boy as the reason for the no-tech rule is genius. And you gave him a great heroic send-off, unlike the one Kid Quantum I got.

Rond's new costume is really interesting - one bare arm. Using his powerful will to keep Volthoom in check is a great hook to the character.

XRay Russ #871894 10/08/15 02:18 PM
Thanks razsolo and Invisible Brainiac, and I appreciate in and all feedback (_love_ it really, cause it helps me build a better story! laugh )

[Linked Image]

Animal Lad - Ilshu Nor of Lallor
Powers: Animal telepathy, animal shape shifting, heightened agility and endurance

After the death of Weather Boy, the annihilation of Trom and Angtu, and machinations of UP Vice President Winema Wazzo to more stringently regulate the Legion, it was decided that for the Legion to keep their Charter they would need to accept draftees from different worlds in the United Planets. Among these recruits was the wild and naturalistic Ilshu Nor, formerly of the Lallorian Super Defense Force, codenamed "Animal Lad", and the more entrenched leadership of Lallor was happy to be rid of Ilshu, as he was infamous for calling out any Sentient Rights infraction or shortcoming of the Planetary Leadership. More used to solitude, and more natural environments than the ones the Legion typically found itself in, Ilshu kept to himself mostly until fellow draftee Zoe Saugin-along with her friend Jenni Ognats-managed to draw the brusque Lallorian out of his shell a little.

Serving admirably through the Betrayal of Superlad and the death of Reflecto, Ilshu's relationship with Zoe helped him deal with his discomfort with metropolitan areas and 'civilized' society, and he was often the first person to call out the United Planets for its occasional moral blindspots. Tragically, Ilshu was targeted by a Legion Tryout rejectee named Monster Master, who had his powers technologically enhanced to influence the mind of the animalistic Legionnaire and pit him against his friends along with a cadre of alien animals on the planet Varn. Confronted with attacking Zoe or fighting back against the mental commands of the Monster Master, Ilshu managed to resist and defeat the villain before his alien animal army was able to overrun the only spaceport on the planet and kill scores of innocents. The strain on fighting back killed Ilshu right after he was able to fell the Monster Master, who managed to escape in the confusion of so many beasts formerly under his control now running amuck. Once the misfit of his own homeworld, Ilshu Nor was buried with full Lallorian and Legion Honors on Shanghalla.

Last edited by Not-So-Bad Lad; 10/12/15 02:20 PM.

- Crow T. Robot
XRay Russ #871934 10/09/15 11:13 AM
[Linked Image]

Nemesis Kid - Hart Druiter of Myar
Powers: Alchemical generation of any one power to defeat one opponent

The planet Myar is a study in contrasts: On the shared edge between the very end of the United Planets and the start of the wilder and more chaotic Magic Space, Myar has several separate communities that live by the laws of wizardry and others that are more scientifically leaning like the cities and settlements of the UP. Violence has broken out often between the two factions, though its been quieter since the Myar Ruling Council managed to agree to UP membership. When Legion Membership was opened up to draftees from different planets, the Ruling Council thought it would be a good chance to put some positive light on a representative from their planet.

Hart Druiter was the perfect candidate: a mysterious youth, he'd started making public appearances a few years earlier on Myar calling for more integration of magical and scientifically-based communities, and he himself was an alchemist that mixed scientific experimentation with arcane knowledge. Such positions were never the most popular on Myar, but those seeking to physically challenge him discovered a very bad surprise for them: Hart had used his knowledge to grant himself the ability to counteract any attack or power used against him. Though he mainly just used this power to protect himself and those around him, the whispers and rumors of the "Nemesis to All" seemed to have help galvanize his world towards integration.

A cool headed and quietly funny young man, Hart is equally comfortable assisting Brainiac 5 in the Multi-Lab as he is helping Mysa with her spells. In combat Hart always tries to end any fighting as quickly as possible, though his straight line thinking often fails him against some of the more unpredictable threats the Legion faces. He strives to better himself, however, and many Legionnaires owe their lives to their 'Nemesis Kid' saving their bacon in a bad scrap.

Hart guards a secret however, one that Imra and Cham are starting to suspect: that Myar is not _technically_ his homeworld. And when the Legion discovers the secret of Nemesis Kid, it may spell a lot more danger for them than they've ever faced before...

- Crow T. Robot
Invisible Brainiac #871935 10/09/15 11:21 AM
Originally Posted by Invisible Brainiac
Wow, some very interesting alternate histories here!

Jacques as Cloud King is great, kudos for giving him a power that does not duplicate Lyle's. Hints of a Lyle-Jacques romance are intriguing.

Agree with raz that using Weather Boy as the reason for the no-tech rule is genius. And you gave him a great heroic send-off, unlike the one Kid Quantum I got.

Rond's new costume is really interesting - one bare arm. Using his powerful will to keep Volthoom in check is a great hook to the character.

Thanks, IB! Been checking out some of your reboot stuff and diggin what I've seen (loved the kid from the Cave-In in the Ferro Recap!)

And on the Lyle-Jacques thing: I appreciate it, and it would eventually turn into a sort of Jacques-Lyle-Condo love triangle (I've written Condo as a transgender girl that Lyle was assisting, combining the Secret Origins stuff on Chemical Queen with some of my own stuff I think really works from what we saw of the character to begin with), and I'm of the opinion that chances are in the 30th Century, ones sexual orientation/race/gender/religion aren't really points of contention on most UP Worlds. That isn't to say their aren't exceptions (Phlon, for example, I've written as a little bit of a galactic backwater culturally) and that doesn't mean the Legion can't be used to explore those topics (look at how Durlans are treated often in continuity for example, or what if Babbage was in a relationship with an organic?), it just means you change how you approach the same questions of identity and otherness, but still with some societal progress shown in the past thousand years, you know?

Last edited by Not-So-Bad Lad; 10/09/15 11:22 AM.

- Crow T. Robot
XRay Russ #872288 10/12/15 01:26 PM
[Linked Image]

Jenni Quik - Jenni Ognats of Aarok

When calls for draftees from different worlds went out across the United Planets, Aarok wasted no time in sending Jenni Quik to represent them. On the small colony world, Jenni had been a hometown hero and minor celebrity since her early teens; a small Dominator Nomad-Lab had discovered her in one of their planetary scans and her lineage was traced back to the early 21st Century Jesse Quick. Hoping to unlock her power, Jenni was subjected to many of the Dominator's experiments, but it was only when they threatened her foster parents did Jenni tap into the formula that gave her ancestors their speed powers, and she managed to run the entire Nomad-Lab off the planet and was hailed a heroine.

Helping imperiled dockers and defusing traffic accidents on Aarok is a far cry from the kind of danger that the Legion faces however, and though Jenni's upbeat determination and experience with using her powers has served her well, she still had a lot of learning to do through the trials and tribulations of the team. The friendship she found with Zoe Saugin assisted her immensely in adjusting to life in the Legion, and the more veteran members on the team like Phantom Girl and Atom Girl became near-big sisters as Jenni Quik grew into an invaluable member of the team quickly, though she still has some skills she's trying to master, like romance. Prone to crushes, she manages to talk it out with Zoe or her other BFF in the Legion, Polar Boy, who may be starting to develop feelings for his buddy...

[Notes: Okay, so The Allen/Thawne/West Lines...well, it can get messy when the Legion has _too_ direct a link to the 20th, especially ones that time travel so willy-nilly. I figured the Quick lineage was an underrated and less continuity-headache-inducing option to go with on Jenni]

- Crow T. Robot
XRay Russ #872290 10/12/15 02:07 PM
[Linked Image]

Reflecto - Stig Ah of Rimbor

Called "The Least Rimbor-esque Rimborian in the History of Rimbor" by Tenzil Kem, Stig Ah's parent were from Korugar but he grew up in the SideSlumbs of one of Rimbor's largest MegaTowers. From an early age Stig showed a strong moral compass, and learned quick to defend his views, as 'moral compass' on Rimbor is often synonymous with 'spanner in the works'. Luckily, Stig had a secret weapon against the blast-bandits and street-slummers that took umbridge with him: his body reflected nearly any attack or forgein object directed at it, and through concentration Stig could manipulate the field to control the repulsion. While it's theorized that he was empowered by his mothers' exposure to a Null Bounce Field in early pregnancy, it doesn't seem to have had any adverse affect on him past activation of his metagene, and he was given a clean bill of health when he applied as the youngest (and least indicted) Rimborian ever to the Science Police.

A rising star in the Sci-Cops, Stig was assigned as the Draftee from Rimbor almost before the draft even began. Some argue that no one else on Rimbor would be anywhere near as qualified to be a Legionnaire, but others would say that the Rimborian government was _more_ than happy to remove the thorn from their side that had been Stig Ah.

A little older than the other Legionnaires and as trained and capable as he was no-nonsense, Reflecto quickly made friends with the other former SPs in the Legion (Colossal Boy and Saturn Girl), and became like a mentor to the younger Gim Allon and a confidant to Imra. His experience in the SPs translated well to training and in-combat knowledge for some of the more green Draftees, and Stig worked closely with SP Liaison Shvaugn Erin to make the Legion as effective as possible at neutralizing Science Crime.

Unfortunately, it wasn't to last: Dev-Em, the Superlad of the Legion, released Rox-As the Butcher of Neo-Kandor along with his armies. Stig Ah squared off in one-on-one combat with the former Superlad to buy his teammates enough time to evacuate Metropolis before it was overrun by the Kandorians and a large sect of Daxamites who had allied with them. He was slain, but not before he managed to grievously injure Rox-As and hold the line for his friends and the civilians, and once the conflict was over the Wayward Son of Rimbor was laid to rest on Shanghalla.

- Crow T. Robot
XRay Russ #872396 10/13/15 09:06 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Not-So-Bad-Lad,

these micro's are really good and i love the profiles for your AU Legion.

I have to agree Weather Boy is really well done and that he works much better for the natural powers only rule that postboot Kid Quantum ever did.

I also like the idea of a Talkton-Glatos Legion.

The redesigns i think i like the most are Shadow Lass and White Witch.

"the diet rimborian." was funny. Refecto sounds like a really honorable guy. I do have a question, if they accept draftee's from U.P. worlds, would Ultra Boy already count?

Can't wait for more bio's and tales of your Legion

Last edited by Omni; 10/13/15 09:09 PM.

read the adventures of the Reboot Legion!

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001232
XRay Russ #872404 10/14/15 12:34 AM
Hey Omni, and thanks for the feedback! Weather Boy is hard to write, and I am really glad people already feel he works better than James did in the Early Legion (though James and Jazmin will be around in my AU stuff! Jaz is one of the "Original Twelve" of this Legion, and her brother Quantum King is an established member of the Amazers!).

On Dracksler: I figured any planet that birthed Hate-Face like Dracksler did would have to be pretty sketch.

And Stig I kinda write as a non-evil Sinestro (tough, no-nonsense, by the book), hence making him of Korugarian descent. Jo joins independently after the death of Reflecto, as the Legion actually have a small run-in with his gang before he joins up, and he shows up at Reflecto's funeral to pay his respects: he isn't the biggest fan of all of his home planet's sleaze himself, and Stig worked his whole life to make Rimbor a better place for street kids like Jo.

- Crow T. Robot
XRay Russ #872782 10/17/15 05:45 PM
[Linked Image]

Ms. Medusa - Sussa Paka of New Hardcore Station

Sussa grew up amid the rough and unforgiving laborers and syndicates of the trading post known as New Hardcore Station. A Street kid through and through, Sussa had been an orphan as long as she can remember, and banded together with a few other girls in her sector to survive. When she and a few of the other girls started developing metahuman powers near puberty, many of the gangs tried to secure them as muscle. However Sussa managed to lead her 'Sisters' and keep them safe and working on their own, running burglaries and small-time mercenary work to keep everyone in food and shelter. The Sisters grew into a small but well-known organization, and the clever and outwardly irreverent Sussa developed a taste for unique and expensive items to steal.

She first ran afoul with the Legion when she pretended to be a hopeful Legionnaire for their open Tryouts, but it was a ploy to case their headquarters, as Sussa was hired to steal the Time Periscope from Brainiac Five's lab. Though she was stopped, Sussa's extensive combat skills and acrobatics kept her from being caught. Since then, she's popped up on the Legion's radar a few times, notably when Starfinger held her Sisters hostage and would release them unharmed only after she assassinated the then-current Legion leader Saturn Girl, and another time when she was paired with Radiation Roy by Tarik the Mute during his formation of the Coalition of Crime and the pair were tasked with kidnapping Shvaugn Erin and Gigi Cusimano. Though the pair failed and The Cadre of Crime was detained, the two criminals became friends and corresponded during their time in Takron-Galtos.

Power Lass recruited Sussa during the mass outbreak from Takron-Galtos into her 'Legion', and the thief convinced the Ex-Legionnaire to find Roy and her other friend on the planet Ron-Karr as well. Along with Rond 'Power Ring' Vidar and a few others, the "Legion of Takron-Galtos" managed to keep the planet-wide emergency contained. Impressed, Rokk Krinn proposed Legion membership for several members of the Takron-Galtos crew, and places in the Cadet program for others. Sussa, while still not above the occasional theft, saw the benefit in legitimate work like the Legion and is (for now at least) happy to work within the confines of the law...

- Crow T. Robot
XRay Russ #872840 10/18/15 02:29 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Very nice! I like how Sussa is immoral (out of necessity) but not evil, though still willing to break the law if needed.

Reflecto as a law abiding Rimborian is inspired, as is Animal Lad as a sort of Beast Boy. He is not the first guy to die who has had feelings for Zoe tongue she is like a siren.

Brek and Jenni are a cute combination, and it's funny how I have Brek crushing on Zoe in my stuff while in yours, Zoe is Jenni's BFF. Like the Jenni as a quick lineage too!

And thanks for checking out my stuff, feel free to comment directly any time. Glad you liked Dennis' appearance in the Ferro piece!

Invisible Brainiac #872903 10/18/15 04:21 PM
Thanks for the Feedback, IB!

Very nice! I like how Sussa is immoral (out of necessity) but not evil, though still willing to break the law if needed.

Thanks! She's very much the Legion's Selina Kyle in this universe.

Reflecto as a law abiding Rimborian is inspired, as is Animal Lad as a sort of Beast Boy. He is not the first guy to die who has had feelings for Zoe tongue she is like a siren.

In the Legion game I play my buddy and co-plotter Gavin came up with the idea of Reflecto as a much more law-abiding Rimborian, and I thought it was a phenomenal idea nad expanded on it a little by making him an Officer. And Ilshu is definitely a conglomoration of Lallorian Beast Boy, the Rejected Animal Lad, and I based some of his personality and look off of Wildheart/Weapon Omega from Alpha Flight. And Zoe is unlucky in love it seems no matter the 'Verse XD

Brek and Jenni are a cute combination, and it's funny how I have Brek crushing on Zoe in my stuff while in yours, Zoe is Jenni's BFF. Like the Jenni as a quick lineage too!

The first inkling of the idea believe it or not was as a sort of reflection of Captain Cold and the Flash in the 20th, with Brek being able to slow molecular movement and all. But I thought it fit with the two as they developed and they'll be a little flip-flopping on who is pining for whom as it goes on wink

And thanks for checking out my stuff, feel free to comment directly any time. Glad you liked Dennis' appearance in the Ferro piece!

Happy to scope it out! And Ferro rates up there with Chuck and Tenzil and Condo as personal favorites of mine and I was drawn to that one immediately smile but I will check the others out as well!

- Crow T. Robot
XRay Russ #872907 10/18/15 04:33 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
I think you are going to be pretty happy with recent developments I made for Tenzil, Chuck and Condo smile

XRay Russ #872914 10/18/15 05:27 PM
Shades of Violet/Tenzil? SIR I WILL BE PAYING ATTENTION XD

- Crow T. Robot
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,012
Posts1,044,306
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Non-Magnetic Kid
Non-Magnetic Kid
We're coming Vee!!!!
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star