Roll Call
0 members (), 8 Murran Spies, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Reboot - 04/19/24 04:18 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/19/24 01:49 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
Kill This Thread L - Half a Century
Kill This Thread XLIX - We're Getting Old
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/18/24 02:08 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/17/24 03:44 AM
The thread that ate _____ !
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/17/24 03:44 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13
Re: The Writers' Discussion/Ideas Thread
Invisible Brainiac #943991 02/07/18 07:13 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
That sounds cool! We could also "distill" it further by having one thread, and then modifying the thread title every time we move on to a different topic. We could keep one topic open every 2 weeks, and then change as needed.

That way, people can respond to older topics on the same thread - easier for building up ideas.

Invisible Brainiac #943992 02/07/18 07:55 AM
Independent Scholar
Independent Scholar
Great idea, Ibby. That'd make it like the Bits forum equivalent of the Lardy Roundtable threads in the Gymlls and Legion forums.

I'll start work on the thread right now.

Still "Fickles" to my friends.
Invisible Brainiac #944026 02/07/18 05:31 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
That sounds like fun. I would be interested in contributing.

Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb
Emily Sivana #944042 02/07/18 07:42 PM
Independent Scholar
Independent Scholar
Originally Posted by Emily Sivana
That sounds like fun. I would be interested in contributing.

By all means, sweetie! Join in the fun anytime!

Invisible Brainiac #948769 05/07/18 06:41 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I remember when I first joined we had threads like "Children of the Light" where we created fan-fic characters. I was wondering if anyone would like it if I made a 'Children of Takron-Galtos' thread? I've had an idea in my head that once the United Planets fall apart, the villains would be able to take over part of their space and establish a more authoritarian power (think most bad guys in Star Trek).

Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb
Emily Sivana #948770 05/07/18 09:23 PM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
I remember when I first joined we had threads like "Children of the Light" where we created fan-fic characters. I was wondering if anyone would like it if I made a 'Children of Takron-Galtos' thread? I've had an idea in my head that once the United Planets fall apart, the villains would be able to take over part of their space and establish a more authoritarian power (think most bad guys in Star Trek).

That sounds super interesting actually Emily, I would be up for it! laugh

Invisible Brainiac #948780 05/08/18 03:13 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
I rarely participate in those types of "create your own character/scenario" thread, because I have little bandwidth to spare for creating something new besides my own fics. But I do enjoy reading other contributor's ideas! I say go for it.

Invisible Brainiac #948798 05/08/18 10:55 AM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
I have way too many ideas for one brain to hold. (Some of them are even worth posting!) smile

Bring it on!

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
Invisible Brainiac #949045 05/12/18 08:34 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
In general, what is the difference in personality between Preboot/Postboot Element Lad and the Reboot Element Lad/Progenitor? I want to do something with elements/alchemy in the Takro-Galtos thread, but unsure of the best way to go about it. I'm not sure if Cosmic King would be egotistical enough to pull the god-act.

Invisible Brainiac #949049 05/12/18 09:40 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Reboot Jan's spiritual beliefs were made more explicit. His belief in non-violence too. He was also often described as "spacey", while Preboot Jan was considerably more pragmatic.

Invisible Brainiac #955817 08/13/18 04:00 PM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Another question for you all:

Which scenes from your fanfic would you LOVE to have a comission of? I mean, I know we are all imaginative people, but there's something to be said for having a talented artist draw (and color?) your favorite fanfic scenes.

I'll start:

1) The Legion's friends and allies remember the "Lost" Legionnaires in the foreground, gathered around a campfire. In the background, we got a shot of the "Lost" Legionnaires. See here for the list of allies.

2) The Reboot Legion's Kinetix, XS and Gates, and the Retroboot Legion's Phantom Girl, Brainiac 5, White Witch, Tyroc, Saturn Girl and Star Boy restore the Reboot Legion's universe.

3) The "new" Legionnaires are rescued by their allies from attacking villains during Legion Day.

4) The rescuing Legionnaires (and allies) have to fight the magically brainwashed "lost" Legionnaires. See here for the 45 characters involved! I especially want to see Impulse (Kent) vs. Timber Wolf.

5) Montage of the Legionnaires splitting up on their individual missions to reclaim Legion World. We get to see some battles in each place. Some of the scenes I really want to see are Thunder, Andromeda, Kid Quantum II and Star Boy beating up the Emerald Empress and Validus; Nightwind blowing Dune into a transuit held open by Saturn Girl; Live Wire and Blizzard blasting a group of soldiers; Wildfire, M'Onel and Kinetix taking on the Monitor (with assistance from Dirk Morgna and Dragonmage, perhaps, though this is impossible given events in my story);and Triad using tri-jitsu versus fellow Carggite Kuga.

6) Versus the Monitor 1: Kinetix, Live Wire, Saturn Girl, Violet, Dragonmage, XS and a returned Monstress (all crystall-y!) versus the Monitor! Kinetix and Live Wire should be in their normal forms.

7) Versus the Monitor 2: EVERYONE versus the Monitor, in a scene that is a homage to either the iconic panel showing the battle in COIE 10, or the cover of Crisis on Infinite Earths 12

8) Legion Day fly-by with the expanded membership! Includes Reservists, some of whom will be future Legionnaires in a bit...

9) The end of the membership test for Cadets et. al., showing my ~25 test-takers fighting a monster together.

10) Not a spoiler YET, but I would want to have a nice montage of all my Active and Reserve Legionnaires (excluding the Cadets). This would take place at the end of my ongoing Volume 4,which will see a few new faces promoted to Active duty, and perhaps one or two new Reservists graduating from the Cadet program. I don't want all the Cadets there because there would be too many characters, diluting the impact. wink

Invisible Brainiac #955886 08/14/18 01:09 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
ooh good question IB! And I like your picks! When I originally read your Legion Day fly-by I actually had that Alan Davis cover in mind where the whole team is flying and looking all optimistic and happy etc smile

I am too lazy to actually find the links for mine but off the top of my head....

* The Legion fighting Tharok's army of Validus clones on Elastic Lad's homeworld - I see his planet as being like Kirby on overdrive, with flat out crazy tech stuff everywhere you look

* Infinite Man vs the Legion

* Judgement League vs the Legion after Earth-Man had absorbed the Infinite Man's power and shored up their ranks...I would have to get George Perez to do it though, I think there were like 80 characters in that fight lol

* a group shot of the Star Sapphire Legionnaires facing down Satan Girl in their sexy outfits would be cool

* a more horror-influenced image of Chlorophyll Kid, Phantom Girl and Comet Queen (with Ivy and their token endangered innocent bystander) surrounded by killer plants on Chlor's homeworld - or maybe with them being smothered in vegetation

* and just for the Silver Age WTF factor, that one time that Cham, Luornu, Comet Queen, Gas Girl and Quislet teamed up with Krypto and the Space Canine Patrol Agents in the far-flung future to fight Dr Meowvale and his robot cats laugh

razsolo #955893 08/14/18 03:16 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Great pics, raz! I would especially love to see the Judgment League vs. Legion fight. And the Star Sapphires... I've always thought Garth was cute, so him in a Star Sapphire outfit would be whew! I love the variety of the scenes you have there, too!

Originally Posted by razsolo
ooh good question IB! And I like your picks! When I originally read your Legion Day fly-by I actually had that Alan Davis cover in mind where the whole team is flying and looking all optimistic and happy etc smile

Thanks, raz smile LSH v4 80 is such a beauty,and I'm tickled pink that Alan Davis got to draw my favorite incarnation and many of my fave characters!

Invisible Brainiac #955917 08/14/18 07:13 AM
K
Leader
Leader
K
Well, if I'm going to get wishes, I may as well wish for a pony.

From The First Legion (Marla Latham’s group)
1. The Super-Hero Club (Leeta-87, Mog Yagor, Nimbok, and Hate Face) vs. The Seven Deadly Sinners
2. The youthful White Crane and the Green Lantern Oranx visit the now empty Super-Hero Club Headquarters

From How It All Started:
3. Ral Benem, Staq Mavlin, Dag Wentim, and Kitsuné Dogstar flee Weber’s World in her too-small ship.
4. A mosaic of the Subs on Throon, using the powers of the Citadel and the Giant Cyborg to defend against the Khunds, the Dominion, and the Dark Circle invasions

5. I would love to see this group fleshed out in greater detail (from My DC SF Worlds Legion): https://68.media.tumblr.com/34955721a714cbcb56d0f31ecf30da47/tumblr_oogtnzItqd1uwm5uqo1_540.jpg

From the Rainbow Girl Series:
6. Dori is rescued by the Lantern Corps and Jonathan Elliot from the Poglachians
7. A big spread for The Wedding of Ennis Jahnson and Dori Aandraison, naturally.

From the I, Monstress series:
8. The seven Montresses and Jan Arrah defend "The Promised Land" from The Big Bug Band of Bandits, à la The Magnificent Seven
9. Everybody vs. the Arthropod Legion

From Young Legion-A Tale of Earth-K2:
10. Mordru’s alchemical factory, with the ten Members, and all the middle-aged Legion doppelgängers hard at work.

From Young Legion Book Two:
11. I would be happy with just a picture of all twelve members posing together outside their Clubhouse on Mars. (The restored Legion Cruiser Mark II)

Saturn Girl (Dorrit Ranzz of Winath), Lightning Lass (Dacey Ranzz of Winath), Cosmic Boy (Pol Hu Krinn II of Winath), Chameleon (United Planets Universal Alphanumeric Designation (UPUAD) #U0373-WV451), The Triplicate Girls (Ffiona, Ffarrah and Ffey Ffarr of Carggg), Shrinking Violet (Eulia M’Kord of Orzde), Phantom Girl (Irinia Apero, a Bgztlr Pbazo), Ten (Txalz Luz 5423 of Colu), Polar Lass (Kylda Zimm of Tharr), Matter-Eater Lad Two (Hilarie Norjay of Bismoll), Star-Woman (Kallor Nal of Naltor), and Korvea (Korvea Mallor of Talok VIII).

Spoiler:
12. Christmas at the Taines

“I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal.” -- Groucho Marx
Invisible Brainiac #956299 08/19/18 10:31 AM
Independent Scholar
Independent Scholar
Awesome question, Ibby!

Definitely the battle between the Adventure Era Legion and the Earthwar-Omega Era Legion in "The Everyboot Legion Volume 1: To Think Like a God," also in that same story, Tinya and Salu outwitting Colu's drone defenses at every turn.

The entirety of "Fate In Threes" from the "Book of Talok" thread. That's one of my proudest achivements, and I really think I did right by my beloved Tasmia there. Especially the future timeline where she becomes the Majestrix of Talok VIII.

The still-untitled, still-unfinished Earth-7.5 Retroboot Legion...oy, it is such a mess, and yet it has several sequences I'm very proud of:

- Ayla going from playful (surprising Salu with an ultra-feminine makeover) to tearful (recalling her traumatic youth, with a mother who loathed both Ayla's femininity and her own, and the other schoolgirls laughing at Ayla's first attempt to look feminine for the Junior Prom) to playful again (fooling an oblivious Brainy into thinking she's a femme fatale out of an old-time film noir movie.) If I could choose an artist, like Raz choosing George Perez in his post above, I'd be thrilled to see Steve Epting draw that sequence. Or, if we're going strictly by artists who have actually drawn the Legion -- Steve Lightle or Greg La Rocque, or Pat Broderick, or each doing their own interpretation.)

- Wildfire, Dawnstar, and Yera in the 21st Century, teaming up with Kendra Saunders and Alanna Strange and Adam Strange.

- The entirety of the battle on the Sorcerors World, climaxing with my creation Sonya (Harmonia's evil half-sister) literally erupting from the rubble of Mysa's castle.

- And...SPOILER...Glorith and Harmonia going toe-to-toe for the mantle of Time Trapper (a long time ago, when I was doing research for this story, I came to the unshakable conclusion that Paul Levitz had intended for Harmonia to turn out to either have been the Trapper all along, or for her to covet the Trapper's power.)

Invisible Brainiac #956310 08/19/18 11:24 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Thanks for sharing, Klar and Fanfie. Always nice to see what each of us would pick from our own stories!

Invisible Brainiac #956326 08/19/18 12:49 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Hey IB, my initial thoughts were of your fly-by as that is always always welcome and Klar's team (he gave such great descriptions like MEL2 being a taller skinnier Tenzil and the new Violet being a Polynesian farm girl) that I'd love to see them realised in a picture.

From my own fics... Ummmm... Dream Boy, Laser Ape, Ambassador Contact and Nemesis Girl fighting against the Blacks animated corpses.

Any of my newbies from the Legion World series in action.

The battle against 4000 Starburst Bandits on TG.

The Black Witch against Black Adams daughters.

The moment when the Justice Legionnaire's arrive and X's, etc, returned, though that would have about a hundred characters.

Anything with Danielle and Glorith or Harmonia and Backlash.

Starkling taking down Wildfire in the try out.

Rokk and Lydda's wedding.

And a hundred odd more too, if I'm wishing.

Last edited by Harbinger; 08/19/18 01:14 PM.

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
Invisible Brainiac #956612 08/21/18 03:19 PM
Independent Scholar
Independent Scholar
Originally Posted by Harbinger
From my own fics…
The Black Witch against Black Adams daughters.

Seconded. I consider that to be the moment where you really came into your own as a writer of action sequences.

And I still think you write the best Mysa in the entire Multiverse of Multiverses.

Invisible Brainiac #956792 08/22/18 09:27 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
I would love to see Laser Ape in action smile and the 100+ character meetup!

Invisible Brainiac #958326 09/05/18 05:22 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
In my Earth-5 thread, I introduced short vignettes and the stories became plot lines in their own right. I have given it a lot of thought, and I cannot write two stories in the same thread without one of them suffering. If you were me, would you create another thread or just abandon one plot point?

Emily Sivana #958334 09/05/18 08:30 PM
K
Leader
Leader
K
Time is nature's way of keeping everything from happening at once.
--John Archibald Wheeler

“I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal.” -- Groucho Marx
Emily Sivana #958338 09/06/18 04:09 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
In my Earth-5 thread, I introduced short vignettes and the stories became plot lines in their own right. I have given it a lot of thought, and I cannot write two stories in the same thread without one of them suffering. If you were me, would you create another thread or just abandon one plot point?

Some thoughts on helping you decide:

1) Are the two plot lines interconnected in any way? Do you foresee the possibility of them connecting later on? If not, are they set in the same universe?

2) As I think Klar might have been suggesting, you could write them sequentially (finish one, then the other) but keep them in the same thread. You can create a table of contents or index in the first post, to help track your posts

Invisible Brainiac #958401 09/06/18 01:44 PM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
If one is definitely going to suffer, and they are equally important, then you could develop them separately interlinking them at key points should there be an opportunity to strengthen both as a result.

"...not having to believe in a thing to be interested in it and not having to explain a thing to appreciate the wonder of it."
Invisible Brainiac #958491 09/06/18 07:57 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally Posted by Invisible Brainiac
ome thoughts on helping you decide:

1) Are the two plot lines interconnected in any way? Do you foresee the possibility of them connecting later on? If not, are they set in the same universe?

I do see a couple of ways of interconnecting the plot. I forgot that I originally intended for the robots to use humanoids as the basis for creating new AI, so I'm going to stick with that. When I first asked this question, I was going to create this big sub-plot with cyborgs, but that be better off as an original project.

Each plot is set in the same universe but following two different sets of characters; two of them pretty chaotic beings chasing the ultimate evil, while the other two are playing a spy game. I could make it so that they wind up in the same place, but I got to do it in a way that does not appear too random (Or maybe I am underestimating the audience's suspense of disbelieve).

2) As I think Klar might have been suggesting, you could write them sequentially (finish one, then the other) but keep them in the same thread. You can create a table of contents or index in the first post, to help track your posts

A table of contents is an excellent idea, I will try to work on one for that thread. It was originally intended to be an anthology so it is pretty chaotic.

Last edited by Emily Sivana; 09/06/18 07:57 PM.

Invisible Brainiac #959888 09/23/18 08:25 AM
K
Leader
Leader
K
Just my feelings re-reading my fanfics

The Lake Isle
by Ezra Pound (1916)

O God, O Venus, O Mercury, patron of thieves,
Give me in due time, I beseech you, a little tobacco-shop,
With the little bright boxes
piled up neatly upon the shelves
And the loose fragment cavendish
and the shag,
And the bright Virginia
loose under the bright glass cases,
And a pair of scales
not too greasy,
And the volailles dropping in for a word or two in passing,
For a flip word, and to tidy their hair a bit.

O God, O Venus, O Mercury, patron of thieves,
Lend me a little tobacco-shop,
or install me in any profession
Save this damn'd profession of writing,
where one needs one's brains all the time.

Last edited by Klar Ken T5477; 01/31/19 09:24 PM.

Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,018
Posts1,044,847
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
freekdkid
freekdkid
Charlotte
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star