Roll Call
0 members (), 11 Murran Spies, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Legion Tracker - 04/18/24 05:00 PM
Kill This Thread L - Half a Century
by Ann Hebistand - 04/18/24 02:50 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 04/18/24 02:18 PM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/18/24 02:17 AM
Kill This Thread XLIX - We're Getting Old
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/18/24 02:08 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/17/24 03:44 AM
The thread that ate _____ !
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/17/24 03:44 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
Legion Worlds Four (completed 7 May)
#873564 10/25/15 09:22 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Hi all,

This is part four of my ongoing fan-fic story, initially taking place after the Dominion storyline in the Retro-Boot. Currently the team are based on a planetoid called Legion World 2.5 light minutes Galactic North of Saturn. Below is a list of the characters I'll be using to start with:

Element Lad � Team Leader, Jan Arrah of Trom, elemental transmutation
Duplicate Girl - Deputy Leader, Luornu Durgo of Carggg, creation of multiple identical duplicates of herself
Sun Boy � Deputy Leader, Dirk Morgna of Earth, generation of intense light and heat
Brainiac 5 � Legion World manager, Professor Querl Dox of Colu, 12th level intelligence
Chameleon Boy � Espionage Squad leader, Reep Daggle of Durla, shape changer
Cosmic Boy � Senior Team member, Rokk Krinn of Braal, manipulation of magnetic fields
Phantom Girl � Senior Team member, Tinya Wazzo of Bgtzl Dimension, intangibility
Mon El � Senior Team member, Lar Gand of Daxam, incredible strength, speed, stamina, senses, laser vision, space flight, invulnerability
Tyroc � Senior Team member, Troy Stewart of Marzal city pocket dimension, sonic control
Harmonia � Senior Team member, Professor Harmonia Li of Earth, natural elemental
Colossal Boy - Gim Allon of Earth, increase personal size and mass at will
Timber Wolf - Brin Londo of Zuun, enhanced strength, speed, agility, reflexes and senses
Wildfire - Drake Burroughs of Earth, composed of sapient anti-energy, extreme strength, speed, durability, space flight, anti-energy blasts
Dawnstar - of Starhaven, space flight, incredible speed, tracking
Invisible Kid - Jacques Foccart of Earth, invisibility
Tellus - Ganglios of Hykraius, telepathy and telekinesis
Night Girl - Lydda Jath of Kathoon, incredible strength and durability out of direct sunlight
Chameleon Girl - Yera Allon of Durla, shape changer
Comet Queen - Grava of Extal colony, spaceflight, comet gas extrusion
Chemical Kid - Hadru Jamik of Phlon, catalyzes chemical reactions
Dragonwing - Marya Pai of Earth, breathes Dragon fire and acid
Glorith - of Xerox, manipulation of magical energies
Monica Sade - of Rimbor, strength, reflexes, line of sight teleportation
Otaki - Bina Nawoti of Earth, mindsense
Backlash - Mrruaw M�Nau of Simballi, enhanced strength, speed, senses, absorbs kinetic energy to boost own size and mass
Kinetix - Zoe Saugin of Aleph, telekinetic animation
Lexikon - Princess Daheenisha of Tamara iv, enhanced speed, strength, durability, flight, omni-linguist
Ferro - Douglas Nolan of Earth, can assume invulnerable iron isotope form
M�Windaji - Gahaji of Kiringyaga, super tracker, carries the Ruby of Life allowing tactile transformative magicks
Titan - Nasir N�Cube of Titan, telepathy, and with the Shazam abilities � immense strength, speed, indestructibility, space flight, wisdom
Shield - Laurel Kent of Earth, physical invulnerability, tactile psychometry
Dragonmage - Xao Jin of Earth, manipulation of magical energies using dragon forms
Kid Quantum - Jazmin Cullen of Xanthu, creation of temporal quantum bubbles, flight
Andromeda - Kara Zor-El of Krypton, incredible strength, speed, stamina, senses, laser vision, space flight, invulnerability

New members that have just joined:

Retro - Deen Toro of Ventura, limited reversal of personal timeline
Karate Kid � Mithindrivithis Ngandraffa of Lythyl, strength, heightened reflexes, mimetic motor learning giving incredible martial skills
Thirteen � Dann Hortra of Naltor, line of sight probability manipulation
Starkling � Unknown, telepathic swarm-being composed of indestructible ball bearing sized components.

Seconded members currently based on Legion World:

Gazelle - J�izl Dtutuu from the Khundian Battle Brigade, of Khundia Prime, enhanced strength, speed, agility and metabolic control
Gravity Kid - Science Police Officer Tel Vole of Earth, manipulation of personal or nearby gravity
Power Boy - Science Police Officer Jedidiah Rikane of Earth, personal density control
Thunder - Cecelia Becks of 21st Century Earth, immense strength, speed, indestructibility, space flight, wisdom

Alternate reality Justice Legionnaires currently on Legion Wold:

Wonder Woman - Princess Phoebe of Amazonia, incredible strength, speed, invulnerability, space flight, carries magical weapons.
Green Lantern - Chloraja of J586, sapient plant possessing a Green Lantern power ring
Flash - Terri Sam�aa of Earth, phenomenal speed

Support Staff under Brainiac 5 on Legion World:

Dr Richard Kent Shakespeare -Impulse � Chief medical officer - enhanced strength, speed, durability, stamina
I.Z.O.R. -Gear ii � infrastructure manager - nannite collective being, technomorph
Dr Noah Kabbo - Spy � Legion World Counsellor � Heightened awareness and limited telepathy
Danielle Foccart �Kid Computo � Technical support - technopathic communication and control over advanced technology
Drura Sehpt - Infectious Lass � medical officer - containment and control over bacteria and viruses
Henry � Anti Lad � Spatial warp controller
Hethuk Bran Drommsi - Smith from the Green Rift Forge of Talok viii, laboratory assistant
Ming Sul - Amp Girl - investigative officer, hyper-enhancement of her own sensory capacities
M�Rissey - super efficient business management skills
Loutrahim Mango - �Death Boy� - Professor Li�s laboratory assistant, exemplary bio-chemist, sweat activated palm neuro-toxic secretions

Currently missing in action:

The Spear of Artemis - Amynta of Nostos ii, incredible strength, speed, invulnerability, space flight, carries magical weapons.
Green Lantern - Dkyun Mu of Xudar, wearer of a Green Lantern power ring
XS - Jenni Ognats of an alternate dimension Aarok, phenomenal speed

Legionnaire on secondment to the Khund Battle Brigade:

Gates, Ti�Julk Mr�Asz of an alternate dimension Vyrga, creation of spatial warps

Academy Student currently within the Khundian Empire:

Inferno, Sandy Anderson of Earth, fire generation and manipulation

On long term leave:

Star Boy (Parental leave), Thomas Kallor of Xanthu, induce mass
Dream Girl (Parental leave), Nura Nal of Naltor, precognition
Lightning Lass, Ayla Ranzz of Winath, electrical generation and manipulation
Matter-Eater Lad, Senator Tenzil Kem of Bismoll, mega-omnivorous consumption
Shadow Lass, Tasmia Mallor of Talok viii, summons and manipulates the Darkfield, access to ancestral knowledge
Polar Boy, Brek Banin of Tharr, cold control

Weber�s World affiliated team:

Quislet
Gear i
Oodoo Shanair of Lallor
Sentinel of the Khund Battle Brigade
Princess Shooradel of Tamaran iv
Proty iii

As always, any feedback is greatly appreciated! And I hope you enjoy.

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
Re: Legion Worlds Four (started 25 Oct)
Harbinger #873565 10/25/15 09:23 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
One week later

Legion World, Sol system, 2.5 light minutes due galactic north of Saturn.

Harmonia – Senior Team member, Professor Harmonia Li of Earth, natural elemental

Loutrahim Mango - ‘Death Boy’ - Professor Li’s laboratory assistant, bio-chemist, sweat activated neuro-toxic palm secretions

Professor Harmonia Li herself was there to meet Loutrahim Mango and give him a guided tour, handing him his very own flight ring the moment he walked through Henry's warp. After initially telling him about the Ring’s functions she took him to a side room with a majestic vaulted ceiling to give him a five minute course in using its anti-grav properties. She used her elemental control of the air to cushion him as he careered upwards towards the ornate plasterwork above.

After he had grasped the very basics of will activating the flight mode they left and made their way to the F-Zone – the formal area that housed the business end of the Legion’s base. Harmonia then made a point of introducing him to everyone along the way. Several Legionnaires made jokes about about the risk of shaking hands with him though all did.

Mon El, Cosmic Boy, Element Lad, Ferro, Phantom Girl, Colossal Boy and Tyroc each said that if he ever needed anything he should contact them directly as they would always make time for him. Comet Queen commented that he looked cute without the death mask he had worn at the Try Out the week before. At least he thought that was what she said...

He was so impressed!

In all his 17 standard years he had never felt included, not since his psycho father walked out on his mother just days after his birth which led her to then drink herself into a stupor most nights. After about three hours or so of walking through apparently endless corridors and discussing the role of a Legionnaire Laboratory Assistant they stopped for a break in one of the refectories. Inside Timber Wolf, Shield, Kid Quantum and Dragon Mage all invited Harmonia and Loutrahim to join them as they debated the role of the voluntary sector in supporting those citizens of the UP in desperate circumstances. He was impressed by the passion they all exhibited while discussing the complex issue, yet in such a friendly manner - Growing up in one of the poorer areas of the Seven Dome City of Venus he had never imagined that people could be so respectful!

Harmonia discussed ground rules - simple things really, like if an alarm goes there were procedures to follow and that while he worked under her, Brainiac 5 was the Station Manager and Element Lad had the ultimate say in all matters. His head whirred as they spoke and the young Venusian bio-chemist tried desperately not to appear half as star struck as he felt. They spoke about working commitments - she would be in her laboratory for at least 4 out of every 7 days, Legion workload permitting, and would expect him to be there as well. She would set him tasks and expected him to contribute to any other area he felt he could be an asset to; she made a point of asking him to report to Dr Shakespeare so the medical team could use his skills if they needed them. He was also encouraged to join in with a basic Academy programme that would include education on situation management and law enforcement techniques, basic self-defence and give him networking opportunities he would miss if he stayed in a lab all day.

It was six hours later that she left him at the door to his apartment. Loutrahim felt exhausted, elated and suddenly a little scared! He was on freakin’ Legion World... he had twenty minutes alone in his quarters before the buzzer sounded and a holo of Kinetix, Power Boy and Ferro popped up inviting him to join them in the Romper Room – the informal meeting place that some of the last tranche of new Legionnaires had co-opted for themselves - for a meal. Loutrahim accepted with a stammer and as the holo faded he burst out into a cheer.

Loutrahim Mango, previously just another lonely and bullied chemistry geek from Venus, knew then he had made it! No-one would ever beat him down and make him feel small again...no-one.

In his laboratory Brainiac 5 scowled at Harmonia.

“Of course he suspects nothing, how could he? The Flight Ring will monitor and control his serotonin and adrenaline levels and hopefully moderate his hypothalamus so lessen the sweat glands auto production of his dreadful neuro-toxic touch... that’s not what you meant though, is it? Ah... Actually I’m unsure Harmonia. He is very clever, for a human I suppose... so I imagine eventually he’ll figure out his genetic heritage just as we did, and then... well, let’s hope he decides he’s on our side.”

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
Harbinger #873566 10/25/15 09:23 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Legion World, Sol system, 2.5 light minutes due galactic north of Saturn.

Wildfire - Drake Burroughs of Earth, composed of sapient anti-energy, extreme strength, speed, durability, space flight, anti-energy blasts
Dawnstar - of Starhaven, space flight, incredible speed, tracking
Andromeda - Kara Zor-El of Krypton, incredible strength, speed, stamina, senses, laser vision, space flight, invulnerability

When Dawnstar had request assistance Kara knew something was wrong.

The winged Legionnaire from Starhaven was not known to express her feelings, and Kara could not remember a single time she had ever asked for help; Dawnstar was so self assured and confident that Kara would not have believed it was ever likely to happen.

Andromeda flew out of the Southern Docking Bay doors and met her teammates a light minute galactic north. Wildfire seemed agitated though Dawnstar appeared as cool and aloof as ever.

<Andromeda, thank you. I hope I have not interrupted any plans you had?>

<You’re okay Dawnstar, so how can I help?>

<I..>

<She’s being stupid is what... you don’t need to do this Dawny> Wildfire rudely interrupted.

<Drake, I did not request your assistance here so perhaps if you could leave us now. I’m quite certain Kara and I will be quite fine without you> Dawnstar then quite deliberately turned her back on the anti-energy Legionnaire before continuing.

<The recent encounter with the Shadowmancer upset my... equilibrium, my senses were shaken by the dreadful process he used to drain our energy. I feel fine now though need to test myself and I simply refuse to let Querl experiment any further so I was hoping if I give you a five minute head start you could try to evade me for an hour>

<So you want to play hide and seek... in space? With me?>

<Yes Kara, I believe that is exactly it> Dawnstar gave her first smile of the day as she replied, and Kara echoed it right back.

<Okay... count to 100 then see if you can find me... bye!> and with that the time lost Kryptonian vanished in a blur of super speed.

Harbinger #873567 10/25/15 09:24 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Legion World, Level Twenty Two

Chameleon Girl - Yera Allon of Durla, shape changer
Starkling – Unknown, telepathic swarm-being composed of indestructible ball bearing sized components.

Yera Allon had been quietly reading through the latest script her agent had sent but a constant scratching noise was irritating her, breaking her concentration. After about twenty frustrating minutes of trying hard not to listen to it she finally got up from the chair and left the small room she had taken as a study to investigate its source. It didn’t take long.

There before her at the end of the corridor lay the answer in the Zen Garden that Harmonia Li had built in a domed alcove: Starkling!

The dark components that made up the swarm-being coated the walls, sparkling like small dark crystals as they turned and flowed across the small domed room in apparent random wave patterns.

“Starkling! Oh... hi... what you doing?”

As she spoke the small ball bearing sized particles that composed the new Legionnaire flew off the wall to become a swirling ball in front of the Durlan. She involuntarily stepped back.

<Yera Allon, are we required for a mission?>

“No... umm... not as far as I’m aware anyway. I heard you in my office and came to see what was happening. What are you doing? I mean, are you resting?”

<Affirmative, though from our learning we believe it would be closer to meditation. May we ask why you are on this Level also Yera Allon? It is normally peaceful.>

“Oh, I was reading a script ...Umm… y’know Starkling, it’s kind of intimidating the way you curl in a ball like that… it looks like you’re an insect swarm or something… can you make yourself into, I dunno, a humanoid figure?”

<We have never endeavoured to intimidate our colleagues. Our apologies Yera Allon. Let us try to appear less threatening.>

The swirling mass of shiny dark pieces that composed the composite being called Starkling began to peel off from the swirling ball and stream down towards the floor. Within seconds it is obvious that Starkling was attempting to create a humanoid figure, though Yera, with the shape sensitive skills of a Durlan found it hard not to laugh when finally the swirling swarm ball was gone and instead before her stood an awkward looking creature composed of slowly moving small dark segments. The very basic humanoid form was complete – a head, a torso, two arms and two legs were all in the correct position though the length of limbs and the angles of various planes, along with the surprising lack of a true curve all lent themselves to the composite being looking the image of a child’s drawing, or Yera thought, much like the work of an ancient Earth artist called Picasso.

She couldn’t help it as she started to chuckle.

Harbinger #873568 10/25/15 09:24 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Five hours later.

“What do you mean... ‘no!’ ...No?”

Laurel Kent sat on the edge of the bed and looked down at the prone athletic frame of Brin Londo.

“What I said Laurel, no! It’s not our business... my advice is let them sort it out between themselves. Relationships are tricky without others getting involved and taking sides... it only leads to more hurt in the long run.”

“Rot! That is rot! Gahaji is treating Zoe like a jerkwad. You saw it yourself tonight in Shakes; he totally blanked her and left without a word... she says he’s been doing that for three days now. Acting all moody like a sprockin’ kid, he has... if he’s not that interested anymore, after instigating their relationship himself on the Controllers planet as you are fully aware, he should just grow a pair and tell her!”

“No... just no Laurel. You’ve only heard her side. He’s from a Fringe world. Trust me on this. Kiringyaga is like Zuun in that respect, they’re kind of isolated and who knows what the culture dictates is good behaviour... so... no! They are in an adult relationship so let them sort it out, like adults”

“You ... are... so... infuriating.” She punctuated each word by slapping her invulnerable palm onto his hairy chest.

“Don’t do it Laurel, they are both our friends so don’t get involved any more than you are, okay? Promise me please...” He rolled over onto his side and put a muscular arm tenderly around her slender waist.

“No... sorry Brin, I love Gahaji but he’s acting like a bully and we have to sort this out... there’s nowhere to hide on Legion World so if my psychometry can clear it up before it gets too messy then I say I need to use it.” Without looking back Laurel Kent stood up from the bed she shared with Brin Londo, pulled a poncho across her shoulders and strode out of the room.

“Grife! I will never, ever understand women!” Timber Wolf rolled the heels of his hands into his eyes and then sprung out of bed, grabbing a pair of shorts and quickly slipping them on as he did.

Holding his right hand up he said “Patch me through to M’Windaji... max privacy setting.”

There was a ‘Breep’ as the comm unit sprung into life and a holo of the tracker from the distant fringe world appeared.

“ Hey ’sup Brin... you okay there bud?”

“Nope, and I blame you! I wish you’d never told me your flamin’ dirty little secret. You shoulda told Zoe there and then like I said Gahaji as now Zoe and Laurel have spoken and she’s on a warpath to see you. Laurel’s gonna find out with her psychometry if she gets her hands anywhere near your holo-comm unit so you’re just gonna have to bite the bullet and tell Zoe that your wife is coming to visit in two days. You’ve got to do it Gahaji, before this get’s any more nasty.”

Harbinger #873569 10/25/15 09:24 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Legion World, Level Two Hydroponic Unit.

Harmonia, Professor Harmonia Li of Earth, natural elemental
Backlash, Mrruaw M’Nau of Simballi, enhanced strength, speed, senses, absorbs kinetic energy to boost own size and mass

Mrrauw M’Nau had taken to having his afternoon naps here in the largest of the Hydroponic units on Legion World slap bang in the middle of a large round patch of corn that grew in the corner of the room.

The corn patch was surrounded by an apple orchard interspersed with a few birch trees and a small copse of Arxian figs, several knotted Orange trees and a singular oak that Glorith had planted and enhanced the growth of magically; all of which gave a sheltering patchwork of cool shade from the constant illumination that beamed from the harsh artificial lighting rig hanging above. The corn had been steadily getting ripe and the Tigerram had unfortunately trod upon, broken or squashed quite a lot of it as he rested there. Currently he was curled in a comfortable ball, one huge paw covering his eyes as he heard Harmonia Li approach. She was stealthy; he had to give her that, the ancient elemental had a way of moving that barely stirred the air around her. Still, her breathing and heartbeat were enough for him to hear even if he hadn’t heard her movements and that was before her scent alerted him to her presence.

Raising his head he squinchted his eyes open to watch as she levitated over the corn tips towards him. She smiled as he looked up and it was very apparent Backlash was genuinely happy to see her. Professor Li understood the necessity of encouraging all forms of life on this otherwise sterile satellite and the Tigerram from Simballi was grateful for her enthusiasm at creating gardens and orchards in any spare space large enough to accommodate them. For one thing the air smelled so much better for her efforts.

“Mrrauw... please, these corns are precious. I know you will not want to eat them but surely there must be a better place for you to rest?” Her voice was soft. There was no admonishment in her tone, only concern for her large feline comrade’s comfort.

“Hey... it’s warm and dry, like the meadows of Wrrenhrao Plateau at home. All you need is a flock of Brrrl birds singing in the trees and I’d be ever so grateful...” His large feline face split into a grin, which the former Legion leader echoed back. He slowly stood up and arched his back in a magnificent stretch, his front paws digging into the warm soil beneath them as his tail stretched upwards; its tip vibrated gently.

“You know you shouldn’t sleep here Mrrauw, though let’s see if we can arrange somewhere for you...”

Before she could say anything else a holo of Element Lad popped into the air before her.

“Harmonia, there’s a report of war building on Skarford vi. Rokk is assembling a team, could you join him please? From the data flow that’s come through there is a huge army massing across the main Xchen – Kahotta border that may need dissuading from going any further.”

“Of course Jan, do you know how large the opposing sides are?”

“...umm... looks like a couple of hundred thou or so, and it’s all on one side by the look of it too... it could get very nasty if you aren’t careful. Good luck.”

As the Leader’s holo vanished she turned to her Tigerram colleague and said:

“Mrrauw, I think it’s time you stretched your legs after your nap. Let us get ready to join this mission team. From this data flow it’s due to meet on the upper docking bay in three minutes”

The Tigerram nodded his agreement, and with a loud purr he shook his muscular torso before eagerly jumped out from the corn in a single elegant leap.

Harbinger #873571 10/25/15 09:27 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
30 minutes later

Laurel knew it was a great idea and wouldn’t hear ‘no’ as an answer when she suggested it to Zoe.

When she had found Zoe in Shakes, Laurel could see that her friend wasn’t paying attention to the conversation happening around them. Kara and Dawnstar were laughing as the Kryptonian recounted her dozens of failed attempts to hide from the Starhavenite that afternoon. There was a small crowd of their teammates listening in and enjoying the tale, though Zoe’s eyes kept wandering to the doorway to see if one specific person might turn up.

Laurel knew there and then what was needed. She waved to Kara, who invited her to join them, but instead Laurel took Zoe’s arm and led the young telekinetic out of the bar and down the corridor towards the anti-grav lifts. They were going to the Mission Monitor Control Room and Laurel Kent simply ignored Zoe’s protestations.

Tellus hadn’t turned to acknowledge Shield and Kinetix as they walked into the Mission Monitor Board control room, instead the telepathic Legionnaire sent them both an inquiring thought, asking if he could help. Zoe had grumbled under her breath but Laurel was having none of her friend’s negativity at the idea of how the two young women would deal with their frustration at their respective partner’s recent behaviour.

“Yup, book us on the next mission. We both need to go out there and punch things.” Laurel Kent had first met Ganglios while they both studied in the old Academy at Montauk Point and she knew he wouldn’t ask too many questions. Tellus was an observer at heart so often let situations come to a conclusion themselves without directly interfering, especially those that dealt with the business of human relationships. He truly didn’t understand the emotions these often brought out so had learned not to intervene.

“Cosmic Boy has recently taken a team out though Chameleon Boy just called for a team... He has yet to post details though so...”

“We’ll do it, where’s he asking them to meet at?”

“The warp control room... he is requesting teammates who have discretion, it may be an Espionage Squad mission.”

“We can do discreet, thanks Ganglios.” Laurel walked over to her former Academy friend and gave him a cheeky peck on the top of his visor.

“Laurel... This isn’t what I meant when I said I wanted Gahaji to notice me again. How will he do that if I’m away on an Espionage Squad mission?”

“Absence makes the heart grow fonder Zoe, trust me...now c’mon, we better not make Reep wait too long, he can be a stickler for rules sometimes.” And with that the invulnerable young woman took her telekinetic friend’s hand and started to run along the corridor. As they flew around a corner they almost bumped in Jazmin Cullen, who swore loudly at them..

“Oh stop being so dramatic Jaz,“ Laurel said to her friend, “We’re off on a mission... without our men. You wanna join? It’ll be fun to have a girl’s day out don’t ya think?”

When the three young women arrived in the Warp Control Room Chameleon boy, Invisible Kid and the new Team member Thirteen were already waiting for them.

“Okay, we’re quorate for a mission. Henry, could you take us to Ventura please.”

Harbinger #873689 10/25/15 11:40 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Happy you're writing again, Harbi!

Wow. Looks like "Death Boy"'s story is going to be very interesting... Wonder who his heritage is. Cosmic King? Mano? Love the warm welcome shown by the Legionnaires, they really do impress, and happy to see your emphasis on things besides power use (situation management! law enforcement! discussing complex issues!). Also like the confirmation that support staff get flight rings too. Helps show that the Legion is more than just a super-powered kids' club now.

Harmonia moving with barely stirring the air around her, what a poetic description. Is she using her powers, I wonder?

Uh oh, Mwindaji has a wife... Kinetix and Shield are so not going to be happy when they hear that. Interesting team too, these two and Kid Quantum are natural friends I think. Poor Brin, caught in the middle and not his fault. I would do the same thing though, I wouldn't interfere.

Starkling is proving to be an interesting addition, definitely.

As always, love reading the character-driven posts. More, more, more!

Harbinger #873712 10/25/15 12:10 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Thanks IB, as ever it's great to read your thoughts on these stories.

Death Boys story will unfold in time, though not quite yet, so hang on in there. When I thought about him joining the support crew I realised it would be like the first day at any organisation so he'd need an induction of sorts so had to think of what the Legion would say. Glad you liked it.

Mwindaji's story will be the second arc, as we explore the fringe world colonies. I've written some nice stuff so far as ive plotted it out roughly so am really looking forward to diving in properly to it. Yup, poor Brin, even doing the right thing he's not appreciated.

The Ventura team will have heir work cut out for them, so hang on as it's going to get a bit crazy before its over.

I really like Starkling and Yera was well overdue some attention so they were a natural fit, more soon for both.

Thanks again for your kind words, greatly appreciated that you are enjoying this.

More soon.

Harbinger #873723 10/25/15 02:09 PM
More Polyanna than Poison Ivy
Harbi, I'll finish LW 2 and 3 in the future, but right now I wanted to be sure I got in on the ground floor of your latest story.

I love the details you sprinkle around and the way you just let the story unfold in its own time. These are two things I'm trying to teach myself to apply to my writing.

Enjoying your portrayal of feisty Laurel, also nice to see more facets of Dawnstar; I do think Wildfire calling what she was doing "stupid" was a bit much, though.

Very intrigued about Death Boy. His powers remind me of Caress from the Baxter version of the Fatal Five.

Read LEGIONS OF 7 WORLDS in the Bits forum:

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 1 (COMPLETED)

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 2 (WORK IN PROGRESS)

"Don't look for role models, girls, BE the role model."

- Legion World member HARBINGER
Harbinger #873725 10/25/15 02:27 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Hey FL, great to have you on board, thanks for your post.

I love Laurel too, she's fun to write so I have to limit myself or it could easily turn into the adventures of Laurel and a couple of dozen others. I think she's the character I write as if I were invulnerable, all fiest and fun. Oh well, it's great to imagine smile

Wildfire is so over protective of Dawnstar I think he'd disapprove of any ideas she might have that didn't involve him, but that's just my take on him.

As for letting the stories unfold in its own time, well thank you as I seriously worry that a lot of this could be boring to the reader as I'm not great at writing action scenes.

More soon, thanks again FL, i always appreciate your comments.

Harbinger #873831 10/26/15 11:44 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Legion World, Level Twenty Two

The training started once Yera had stopped laughing, and asked in all seriousness:

“Seriously Starkling, is that how you see us?”

The figure started to fly apart into a cloudy mass.

<Please explain.> The small particles that made up the strange form started to move creating the illusion that the child’s drawing figurine was somehow melting.

“Well… I guess you get your sensory information from all your parts and they’re constantly in motion so that must affect your judgement…. Hmmm” Yera stood with one hand on her chin as she contemplated what to do next, “I have an idea. Starkling, I’m going to take on a form and I want you to cover me, head to toe, and then once you’ve done that you can try to assume the same form I showed you. How does that sound?”

<We are intrigued>

Chameleon Girl had smiled as she thought about who it would be good for her new colleague to try to copy. Her skin started to spin and lighten until it appeared that Yera’s husband Gim Allon was stood smiling before the composite being.

“So Starkling, here’s what I suggest… first can you gently… gently now… place yourself over my form…. Uggh, wait, don’t block my nostrils please…” The small component parts of the new Legionnaire rested over the muscular frame of Colossal Boy. The small ball bearing sized particles all moved as they landed upon the legionnaire, rippling across the skin before suddenly springing off from the Durlan’s altered form. A cloud of what appears to be small dark swirling stones surrounds Chameleon girl, before the particles stream off towards her side and slowly form into a far more recognisable humanoid form. Still not perfect but far closer to what Yera had hoped they could achieve.

“Oh so close Starklie…” Year says kindly, “so, do you want to try that again?”

<Yes Yera Allon, thank you. We hope you did not have other plans for this afternoon.>

“Plans? Oh… actually it’s fine, I was just going through a script my agent sent me, it’s okay, I don’t really like the director so wouldn’t really mind skipping this role.”

<Please explain… We do not understand.>

“One thing at a time Starkie, you don’t really wanna know about the less than salubrious life of Durla’s favourite holo-actress do you, so come on… let’s try that one more time before we get on with other forms you might like to become.”

After the composite being had mastered a rough copy of Gim’s shape Yera grew long hair and retracted her antennae before inviting Starkling to try again. It took only six or eight attempts until Chameleon Girl was satisfied with Starkling’s attempt to copy her shape, though she had initially been disappointed that Starkling could not diminish the volume of its parts so any single form automatically would need be of a certain size. They had been training for almost an hour by this point and Yera asked Starkling if there were any form it would find useful. When it telepathically told her it was uncertain she smiled – she had an idea. In fact she had a whole flock of them!

Yera Allon spent over five hours with Starkling that day, discovering in the process that she had enjoyed teaching the new Legionnaire how to gain control of its shape and also in the process that perhaps she didn’t really want the part she had been reading for all that badly after all. The only reason they eventually stopped was because Gim got in contact to remind her they had arranged to go to an Opera in Lunar City Two with his mother that evening.

Harbinger #873832 10/26/15 11:44 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Mission: Report of imminent war on Skarford vi

Cosmic Boy, Rokk Krinn of Braal, manipulation of magnetic fields – mission leader
Night Girl, Lydda Jath of Kathoon, incredible strength and durability out of direct sunlight
Otaki, Bina Nawoti of Earth, mindsense
Gravity Kid, Science Police Officer Tel Vole of Earth, manipulation of personal or nearby gravity
Thunder, Cecelia Becks of 21st Century Earth, immense strength, speed, indestructibility, space flight, wisdom
Dragonmage, Xao Jin of Earth, manipulation of magical energies using dragon forms
Lexikon, Princess Daheenisha of Tamara iv, enhanced speed, strength, durability, flight, omni-linguist
Backlash, Mrruaw M’Nau of Simballi, enhanced strength, speed, senses, absorbs kinetic energy to boost own size and mass
Karate Kid – Mithindrivithis Ngandraffa of Lythyl, strength, heightened reflexes, mimetic motor learning skills giving incredible martial skills
Green Lantern, Chloraja of J586, sapient plant possessing a Green Lantern power ring
Flash, Terri Sam’aa of Earth, phenomenal speed

Encyclopedia Galactica: Skarford vi is a relatively isolated planet on the edge of United Planet space that was awarded protectorate status in 2951. It has incredible metallic resources but to date the indigenous races have refused to allow any UP engineers to fully map what could be available were they to ever let a mining group access. There are three main indigenous sapient species that have evolved in tandem with each other. The B’Lari are the most populous and look somewhat similar to giant six limbed Terran rodents who have a highly spiritual culture and exhibit great technical and engineering skills. The winged Reedim Colteri mainly have their small clannish settlements and congregations along the 4,000 klick length of the high peaks of the Xchen – Kahotta rift valley that splits the main continent on this world and are known to have little contact with the other races unless they enter the Reedim Coteri territories. Finally, the Falmoroids are a long lived crystalline species that traditionally are found within the hot desert plains south of the great rift valley of Xchen – Kahotta.

Several centuries prior to the UP discovering this world the B’Lari had built a temple complex of sorts on the only island of note in the many klick wide river that runs along the bottom of the Xchen – Kahotta rift valley and this is where the three races meet regularly to make trade agreements and settle any disputes. The Temple For All, as it is known, is a neutral place where any adult member of the three races can go without fear of persecution and all three races exhibit their culture there to encourage education and understanding between each other. They each have representatives from their respective Elders and Councils that hold ongoing dialogues within the cathedral-like central Chamber For All.

The three races had never been known to get into anything remotely like a full out war, partial due to the understanding they each had for the others cultures, partially due to each requiring different natural resources so there being no competing needs, mostly though it was reputed to be due to the Falromoids legendary telepathic negotiating skills.

Harbinger #873833 10/26/15 11:44 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Cosmic Boy had decided to take two cruisers – not because he thought for a second they would need them with Henry now fully back on their side and able to open spatial warps to wherever they asked but because it would give the warring sides something to look at other than their opponents. In the first cruiser he sat with Otaki and Night Girl while Gravity Kid piloted the second alongside Harmonia, Backlash, Dragonmage, the Flash, Karate Kid and Lexikon, while Thunder and the Green Lantern flew under their own power outside of the cruisers.

The Braalian senior team member had instructed the team how he expected the situation to be handled. No-one interrupted as he gave his orders. Otaki would join him and Lexikon to the Temple For All to address the Three Councils. Harmonia would take Backlash and the Green Lantern to the southern side of the rift valley to persuade the Falmoroids to desist taking any further action, Dragonmage and Thunder would approach the flying Reedim Colteri who according to the reports they had were a pacifistic race, while Night girl would lead the Flash, Gravity Kid and Karate Kid to stand before the massed armies of the B’Lari. Lydda smiled as Rokk said this.

As their cruisers spun out of warp and approached the distant planet Backlash turned to Lexikon and casually said: “Could you punch me quite firmly please, maybe a couple of dozen times or so?”

“...Pardon?” Princess Daheenisha replied.

“It’ll jump start my abilities and I’ll be more ready for whatever they may have to throw at us. You may even enjoy it....” He added with a sly grin. The Tamarean threw her head back and laughed, which the Tigerram joined in with until she struck with blinding speed punching him at least a dozen times in a second. Even as she struck Backlash started to expand until he was a quarter again as massive as he had been seconds before.

“That’s better,” the enormous Tigerram said with a grateful nod towards Lexikon in a deep booming voice, “So, shall we get started?”

“Good idea, we should all be prepared...” said Harmonia from the front of the command deck.

Cosmic Boy’s holo popped into the air before them and said “We’ll be there in three minutes so join up with your partners and get ready... we’re going in hard and fast and stopping this stupid posturing before anyone gets hurt.”

The two Legion cruisers tore through the clear atmosphere and burned incandescent red as they appeared in the sky above the sole island that sat in the centre of the mighty Xchen – Kahotta river gorge. The sonic booms rolled and echoed across the landscape below but before they had subsided the Legionnaires were out of their crafts and had flown into action.

Harbinger #873834 10/26/15 11:45 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Mission: Investigation of Meta activity on Ventura.

Chameleon Boy – Espionage Squad leader, Reep Daggle of Durla, shape changer
Invisible Kid - Jacques Foccart of Earth, invisibility
Kinetix - Zoe Saugin of Aleph, telekinetic animation
Shield - Laurel Kent of Earth, physical invulnerability, tactile psychometry
Kid Quantum - Jazmin Cullen of Xanthu, creation of temporal quantum bubbles, flight
Thirteen – Dann Hortra of Naltor, line of sight probability manipulation

Science Police Report: Recently there have been increased reports of unusual meta-activity on Ventura. None have been so large as to warrant a dramatic increase in our presence, though the Legion have twice been involved; firstly to stop the Taurus Gang recruiting members and more recently to intervene in an attempted bank robbery. These are only two amongst a dozen we have reports of. The recently captured metas have been booked in for a full tele-scan with the Psi-Division and the initial results from their DNA show intervention in their nucleonic acids that point towards someone trying to create metas. We have a clear breach to the 2701, amended 2945 and 2987, Genome Laws, in particular sub section 118, 119 and 120 pertaining to meta-abilities.
Recommendation: investigation is required to assure us that these incidents are not the precursor to a major situation.

“We go in quiet, no fireworks, okay? This is purely an information gathering exercise.

“Chameleon Boy... if I may...” Thirteen gave a smile as he spoke, “The meta’s we fought on our initiation said something about only taken back what was theirs to begin with, maybe we should start with them?” He looked around to each of his colleagues as he finished. Kinetix blushed as he caught her admiring his muscled arms.

“The SP already have Dann... I received their full report two hours ago. It seems that four of the five bank robbers we arrested last week had recently had dealing with the staff of Lord Druflr of the Shinestern Casino Chain. Three of the four gained meta abilities in that encounter while the fourth had her natural electrical powers amped to the nth degree. It appears that they were chosen to undergo experiments as a way to pay off huge debts they had accrued in the casinos with the promise of a waiver at the end of it. That’s what they were trying to get from the vault. Lord Druflr’s reported to be one of the richest beings on Ventura, though it’s difficult to get information about him as he’s a rather reclusive being. So, our task today is to find out why this old hermit is apparently building a meta-army.”

Harbinger #873837 10/26/15 11:47 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
I'll try to post another lot before I go away on Thursday, if not it'llt' be next weekend before I get the chance again so hopefully this will whet your appetites for what's to come.

Harbinger #873941 10/26/15 11:49 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Harbi vol. 4 is off to a great start. I'm loving the missions you've set up and the teams.

Laurel and Zoe are a good paring and i like the "Let's go punch stuff" attitude you've given Laurel.

"Death Boy"'s linage....hmm intriguing. My guess is Mano. but i like him and i hope to see more of him.

My favorite scenes were with Yera and Starkling. Her attempt at teaching him was really him inventive. she's got the makings of agood teacher for the academy if you ask me.

Starkling is still a favorite and i like this new application of his powers.

These two show areal bond and i like that.

Cosmic Boy's mission is interesting stop a war and i love this planet's diverse cultures! the Falromoids are my favorite.
I'm looking forward to seeing more of the ALternate Legion members.

Great start again! keep it coming More! More!More!

read the adventures of the Reboot Legion!

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001232
Harbinger #873947 10/27/15 12:35 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Sounds like a fun couple of missions! Good thinking on Thirteen's part. Zoe admiring him is a nice touch.

Like the groupings on the Skarford mission. Lexikon punching Backlash is also a wonderful moment.

Yera and Starkling bonding is so nice to read too.

Omni #874110 10/27/15 06:20 PM
Rejected Substitute Reservist
Rejected Substitute Reservist
Originally Posted by Omni

"Death Boy"'s linage....hmm intriguing. My guess is Mano. but i like him and i hope to see more of him.

Hmmmm...but his power feels more chemical than energy, a la Caress...interesting... wink

And thanks for the story!

"I weighed the odds of this working versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid and, well, I did it anyway,"

- Crow T. Robot
Harbinger #874305 10/28/15 04:33 PM
In theory, Skarford sounds like somewhere I'd want to live. In reality, there's obviously been some kind of communication breakdown and I'm intrigued to find out what it is.

And I agree with Omni, Yera would make a great Legion Academy instructor.

Read LEGIONS OF 7 WORLDS in the Bits forum:

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 1 (COMPLETED)

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 2 (WORK IN PROGRESS)

"Don't look for role models, girls, BE the role model."

- Legion World member HARBINGER
Harbinger #874366 10/29/15 03:28 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
I really like the newbies! Yera teaching Starkling to shapeshift was cool, I love when she gets stuff to do which gives her a role outside of being Gim's Durlan Wife Who Replaced Vi That One Time (which I am very guilty of re-treading to be honest).

Something else else tells me Cham's team is in for a hard time, Kinetix and Laurel don't exactly scream "competent espionage agents" lol wink

And add me to the Death Boy fan club! I am intrigued to see where he's really from now!

Re: Legion Worlds Four (updated 4 Nov)
Harbinger #874968 11/04/15 09:54 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer

Cosmic Boy, Rokk Krinn of Braal, manipulation of magnetic fields – mission leader
Otaki, Bina Nawoti of Earth, mindsense
Lexikon, Princess Daheenisha of Tamara iv, enhanced speed, strength, durability, flight, omni-linguist

The Temple for All sat on top of the one sizeable island in the middle of the deep and ferocious ten klick wide river that cut this mighty gorge over the last few millennia. It was a collection of domed buildings running in concentric circles connected by covered walkways, all built in a soft cream coloured stone.

The B’Lari and Reedim Colteri Ambassadors were not speaking to each other. Their attendants both said that the Falmoroids had withdrawn after a recent event in the Great Nest though they were not told what the event was that led to the usually peaceful Falmoroid’s feeling it was necessary to leave this place without a representative.

<The B’Lari are lying and the Reedim Colteri are deeply anxious... this isn’t what it seems Sir> Otaki’s psychic assessment only confirmed what Rokk Krinn had already guessed, though he thanked her anyway.

With a nod from Cosmic Boy, Lexikon flew up twelve feet until she was level with the somewhat bird-like Reedim Colteri advisors. The small beings stretched out their wings in alarm and let out a harsh call. Lexikon backed away a couple of feet before issuing a short whistle followed by a friendly chirrup. She tilted her head as she did and undulated her body. The half dozen small winged creatures all tilted their heads in response and gave a small wary chirrup as a reply.

As the Tamarean Princess engaged with the small bird like race Cosmic Boy turned his attention to the B’Lari representative; they had four legs under a solid looking tubular body that their torso rose up from, with two further limbs and a head at the top. Their faces were rat like with long pointed noses and whiskers, with two flaps of skin on the top of their heads that may be ears but had no obvious eyes. Their front limbs were long and slender with large spade-like hands while their four legs underneath their bulky bodies were stocky with clawed feet. The large pointy faced alien tapped on an ornate bangle wrapped around its left forearm and looked away; the two tufts on its head swivelled around towards the entrance it had come through. The two Legionnaires looked towards the same archway and could hear footsteps approaching.

<That’s not right, that sounds like a biped!> Otaki craned her neck to see exactly what was coming down the ramp towards them. Her prodigious mental abilities could only sense an awkward static, obviously whoever was approaching had some sort of psi-dampening field generator.

<Get ready, I think it’s a ....>

The energy bolt that stunned the three Legionnaires into submission stopped Cosmic Boy from saying along the Legionnaires artificial telepathic comms relay ‘...trap!’ Where he conscious Rokk Krinn may have taken some small pleasure in knowing he was right.

Harbinger #874969 11/04/15 09:54 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer

Thunder, Cecelia Becks of 21st Century Earth, immense strength, speed, indestructibility, space flight, wisdom
Dragonmage, Xao Jin of Earth, manipulation of magical energies using dragon forms

The Reedim Colteri lived traditionally in small family units that tunnelled out dwellings into the otherwise stark cliff faces that ran both sides of the length of the mighty river that defined this continent. As the two Legionnaires searched they could not see any of the winged natives within several klicks of the Temple for All. There were scattered small remains of clay objects and signs of a quick escape, though they couldn’t see anything other than debris. The Reedim Colteri had fled from here recently which only left the two Legionnaires scratching their heads.

Xao Jin hovered in the air and closed his eyes. Cece knew better than to disturb the young mystic. He stretched out his hands and a stream of slender and elegant dragon forms erupted from his palms. He slowly opened his eyes as the mystical apparitions flew off along the high cliff edges.

“We’ll find them now... if there are any still alive that is.” Dragonmage looked a little dazed as his magic stretched out up and down the length of the Great Rift Valley. The two Legionnaires waited for a couple of minutes until the young mystic gasped and pointed up the rift valley.

“There, sixty klicks, a great flock are flying in the opposite direction.”

“Come on then, it’s time we found out what they are so scared of...”

Thunder vanished in a blur of speed leaving Dragonmage to catch her up. The heroine originally from a thousand years prior flew up out of the rift valley and torpedoed across the landscape. Just as she approached the giant swarm she slowed down, taking in the majestic sight of thousands of the bird-like creatures as they flew in huge stacks of V-shaped formations against the pale dusty blue sky. She knew it would take her colleague a while to catch up with her and for a second she hoped he didn’t run into any trouble while he was following her. Thunder was clever enough to realise though that for all his appearance as a slightly distracted scholarly young man, the Legionnaire called Dragonmage was a formidable mystic who could channel the power of the ancient Jade Dragon. She had little doubt he could take care of any issues if they arose.

Way behind her Dragonmage followed the sides of the awesome rift valley, the dragon forms he had summoned to search for the missing Reedim Colteri returned to him as he flew. He willed his flight ring to carry him faster, knowing that the eco-protect function would keep him safe as it carried him quicker than he would cope with usually.

As he turned a particularly sharp corner he saw something that made him slow down. Below in the side of the steep cliff face was a gaping hole pumping out sulphurous smoke.

<Thunder... I think I’ve found the reason the Reedim Colteri are fleeing, can you come back please?>

<Got it... I’ve attracted a bit of attention here. Will be with you in a minute>

Dragonmage lowered himself until he was hovering about twenty metres away from the hole; it was at least ten metres wide and below was a stack of smoking rubble that alerted him to how recently it must have been made. Holding his right hand out he willed the flashlight function of his flight ring to activate and flew into the billowing smoke.

Visibility was poor but the flash light at least allowed Xao to see ten feet ahead of him. As he cautiously made his way into the smoking tunnel he summoned a horned dragon form to walk beside him; security, just in case. After about thirty metres it was clear that there was something ahead of him, a machine of some kind burrowing into the cliff. Xao Jin used his magic to summon a second dragon, one walking on silent feet either side of him as he levitated himself off the rough ground and hovered down the crudely cut tunnel towards the machine.

Being highly trained in the magickal arts Xao Jin had little clue about sensors on machines so when he suddenly noticed the red light dot on his chest he ducked to the side and narrowly managed to avoid a blast of energy that screamed through the smoke towards him. The two dragon forms sprung in front of him to block any further blast though the second created an explosion that threw him backwards ten metres and started an ominous rumbling in the walls around him. Had he been conscious he would have recognised it as a precursor to the walls collapsing in on him and tried to flee. Unfortunately the young mystic was too badly hurt from the initial blast to do anything other than lie on the floor.

Harbinger #874970 11/04/15 09:54 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer

Night Girl, Lydda Jath of Kathoon, incredible strength and durability out of direct sunlight
Gravity Kid, Science Police Officer Tel Vole of Earth, manipulation of personal or nearby gravity
Karate Kid – Mithindrivithis Ngandraffa of Lythyl, strength, heightened reflexes, mimetic motor learning skills giving incredible martial skills
Flash, Terri Sam’aa of Earth, phenomenal speed

There were easily several hundred thousand B’Lari massed on the plains across from the bay where their donut shaped ships took them to the Island. Night Girl had confidently levitated across the plain towards the amassed army.

She had asked the three relatively new Legionnaires to stand back as she didn’t want to appear to antagonise the situation. Gravity Kid muttered under his breath that an army that size was pretty antagonising without their help, but he kept his distance as requested.

Karate Kid willed a holo-display from her Flight Ring. The young woman from Lythyl had been scanning the beings before her and now called up an image. It showed a miniature 3-D representation of the beings before them; centaur like, the image showed their bodies as if scanned by x-rays revealing to the combat specialist where nerve clusters and vulnerabilities might lie.

“They’re not attractive are they?” The Flash said from her side.

“Not really our place to say... though they do appear to have weak spots...” She pointed to the base of their necks, their back legs and underneath their chins, “...which we hope we won’t need to take advantage of, eh?”

Even as the new Legionnaire finished speaking the Flash vanished in a cloud of disturbed dust, only to reappear with Night Girl in her arms. The Kathooni heroine stood up and said:

“Thanks for the save Terri... Bastards shot at me,” as she spoke Night Girl tapped her Flight Ring and was immediately covered in a thin skin of darkness, “...Well team, I think it’s time we showed them that the Legionnaires are no-one’s target practice.”

Before she had finished the Flash was away in a blur, returning a second later with her arms stacked full of weapons she had torn from the B’Lari’s army.

“I’ll...” She vanished again

“Keep...” She reappeared with another load which she swiftly dumped in a pile before vanishing again.

“Them....” Another pile dumped and the alternate dimension speedster was off again.

“From...” Another pile.

“Fir...” Another.

“...ing...” And another.

“At...” And another.

“Us...” further weapons appeared on the pile as the Flash sped past.

“Ag...” More appeared as she sped off again.

“...ain.” This time Terri Sam’aa stopped as she threw the assorted weapons onto the now considerable pile.

“So, what you lot waiting for?” She asked impishly before vanishing in a blur one final time.

Harbinger #874971 11/04/15 09:55 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer

Green Lantern, Chloraja of J586, sapient plant possessing a Green Lanterns ring

The three Legionnaires stood before the Falmoroids.

They were in a natural depression, perhaps a klick wide, with striking red and rust striated rocks jutting up on three sides. Before them stood several hundred four feet tall egg shaped beings that seemed to be composed of diamond.

<MURDERERS!>

The telepathic word tore through the Legionnaires heads knocking all three off balance. Chloraja was the first to recover and after quickly checking on his teammates the Green Lantern took to the air and flew over towards the crystalline beings.

“Gracious Falmoroids, we are representatives of the United Planets, members of the Legion of...”

<Murderers, you decimated the Great Nest... 2,000 revolutions of growth burned in an instant.>

“Please gentle beings we are not what...”

<MURDERERS!>

The telepathic blast knocking the Green Lantern from the air. It was only the automatic response of his Oan ring that protecting him as he crashed into the sand yards from one of the crystal beings.

“You are wrong!” Backlash, the enormous Tigerram sprung forward, his pain at the psychic assault was obvious but he leapt between the Green Lantern and the Falmoroids, physically putting himself in a position between them and his comrade.

<Off worlders, you destroyed The Nest... you are...>

“No! We are not those you should be accusing.” As she interrupted the telepath Harmonia levitated gracefully across to stand beside Backlash, “We are here to help. Can you tell us where this attack happened so we can investigate? Please believe us. You are telepathic so you should be able to read our intentions, we mean you no harm.”

As Harmonia spoke the Green Lantern got to his feet and joined the two Legionnaires as they faced the Falmoroids. There was an eerie silence and all three could feel a slight touch ripple across their minds as the crystalline beings ascertained the three off worlder’s reason for being on their planet.

After a few seconds where the mental presence of this alien race tickled the Legionnaires minds it became apparent that the Legionnaires were believed as an image appeared in their minds. As it did the Falmoroids explained that only one of their kind, at the very edge of the desecration witnessed what they were being shown though they died shortly after sharing this vision.

All three Legionnaires knew immediately what they were being telepathically shown and all felt a sickening sense of dread. There was no doubt as the initially flash was followed by horrifically powerful winds and the dust and debris was sucked up into a blindingly obscene mushroom cloud.

Someone had detonated a large nuclear bomb in the middle of the ancient Falmoroid’s Great Nest.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,018
Posts1,044,842
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Valor the M'Onell
Valor the M'Onell
Australia
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star