Roll Call
0 members (), 174 Murran Spies, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by thoth lad - 03/28/24 09:14 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by idle - 03/28/24 09:13 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by Gaseous Lad - 03/28/24 08:46 AM
Share more completely random things!
by Invisible Brainiac - 03/28/24 06:23 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 03/28/24 06:22 AM
Kill This Thread XLIX - We're Getting Old
by Invisible Brainiac - 03/28/24 06:21 AM
Postlo3w stories *LATEST UPDATE 28 MARCH*
by razsolo - 03/28/24 06:18 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 21 of 49 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 48 49
Re: Post ZH Legion: Legion Day (Parental Troubles)
Invisible Brainiac #883930 01/03/16 05:17 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
You may enjoy writing the action scenes, but it's great to have this interlude of character development. What a good idea to have each scene with a limited number of Legionnaires, and to incorporate their families and backgrounds.

I loved Tenzil's explanation of how he sees his role; not everyone has to be a full-time hero, and the heroes rely on the supporting staff.

Not much attention has been given in the comic to learning to use the flight rings. Of course, some would take to it better than others.

The Kwai admiration for Gates makes perfect sense!

I'm so glad to see other parts of the Earth (New Seoul) than the original U.S.A. represented.

Boy, is Rond ever a sourpuss here! It's an interesting layer to his personality; he always seemed like Mr. Affable in the comic, yet his desire for knowledge may well cloud his mood. Will he do anything for time travel knowledge?

This huge cast of characters is great fun! (And the recap thread is a big help for this sporadic reader.) Your story shows that you can cover a huge amount of territory in text form, which just isn't possible in a comic. Illustrations are nice, but this text story is really substantial.

Holy Cats of Egypt!
Re: Post ZH Legion: Legion Day (Parental Troubles)
Invisible Brainiac #883931 01/03/16 05:24 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Hi FC, so nice of you to comment again! I'm very happy you enjoyed this batch of scenes, and that you liked the delving into the Legionnaires' families.

I always imagined Earth would still very diverse even 1000 years from now, so places like New Seoul will pop up.

Preboot Rond has indeed been very affable. My inspiration for Rond here is Legionnaires 44, where Rond forcibly deaged Lori Morning, to use her pent-up "chronal energy" to contact Brainiac 5 in the past. He's a lot more like an obsessed scientist in the Reboot.

So happy you are enjoying the humongous cast! Comments like yours inspire me to keep such a large group of characters around.

Re: Post ZH Legion: Volume 4 Moving On (Dec. 30, 2015)
Invisible Brainiac #884570 01/09/16 03:17 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
I'm with FC, the advantage of writing text pieces over comics is that you get to go a lot more in-depth...I really like reading these quiet moments, you are good at giving everyone a distinct personality.

Drura finding a non-harmful way to show off her power was cool, as was the mention of people still being scared of her. I liked Magno and XS's little stunt too smile

Re: Post ZH Legion: Volume 4 Moving On (Dec. 30, 2015)
Invisible Brainiac #884623 01/09/16 06:41 PM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Thanks raz, happy to hear the cast continues to remain diverse smile

I was thinking that Drura hasn't had the benefit of years of exposure like Cham does, and her powers are more subtle. But she is slowly winning the war smile

XS and Magno make a good couple, in and out of the field smile

Post ZH Legion: Volume 4 Moving On
Invisible Brainiac #884647 01/10/16 04:05 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Feel daunted by the length of this thread? You can also check out the Recap Thread to catch up!

VOLUME 4: MOVING FORWARD

Legion World. The Legion Day celebrations.

Ferro, Andrew Nolan of 20th century Earth (USA); previously could turn his body into durable iron, but now stuck in his iron form
Mentalla, Delya Castil of Titan; telepathic control of others' physical functions
Rebound, Chuck Taine of Earth (Canada); inflates into a durable bouncing form, skilled architect and mechanic
Triad, Luornu Durgo of Cargg; triplication, skilled administrator
Wildfire, Drake Burroughs (energy gestalt of two beings). Anti-energy being

Amp, Ming Sul of Earth (Korea); amplifies the natural abilities of self and others. (Legion Reservist and Cadet).
Lamprey, Tayla Skott of Earth (Maldives and Palau); underwater survival; hydrokinesis. (Legion Reservist and Cadet).

Mentalla smiled warmly as she ushered a group of guests from seemingly every world in the United Planets. Some of them were eagerly bombarding her with questions on her journey from Legion Cadet to full-fledged Legionnaire; many of those questions asked how they, too, could one day join the team.

"Please, everyone, please," Mentalla laughed as she calmed the ground. "We will get to your questions, I promise." The normally reserved blonde was surprised at how much she enjoyed dealing with so many sentients; being the studious type, she normally did not spend much time socializing.

This also more than made up for her decision not to join the power displays that her teammates were putting on. It would not do to frighten people by taking over their motor functions!

As she opened the door to the VR viewing chamber, a beaming Rebound greeted the guests by ricocheting in front of them. "Welcome, folks!" he beamed, to their welcoming oohs. "I'm Chuck Taine, code name Rebound; I will also be one of the Legionnaires overseeing the Legion Cadet program, at least until we can find a full-time Head to take over." Mentalla smiled at Chuck's exuberance; though he had been working with the Legion much longer than she had, he had also only gained his powers a short time before. A well-deserved reward for nearly sacrificing himself, in fact.

"I'm sure Mentalla, one of our most successful graduates, has given you a good backgrounder," Chuck laughed. "And she probably has told you that the VR room is..."

"Used by Active Legionnaires and Cadets alike to practice their powers and combat tactics!" volunteered a young Talokian.

"Very good," Chuck winked. "And now, you can watch two of our promising cadets demonstrating their abilities." As he flipped the controls, Chuck whispered at Mentalla. "You know, they both volunteered for this. Said something about wanting every extra bit of training they can get."

Mentalla nodded as she watched Lamprey and Amp step out onto the field. "Lamprey has always been very studious - she and Nightwind and I used to do group study a lot. As for Amp, I remember her excelling naturally at many classes, but I'm glad to see she's now willing to put in extra work."

"I think she really wants it, especially now that her powers have been enhanced," Chuck added. He turned his attention to the floor. "You ready, ladies?"

"Always," Lamprey replied determinedly. "Looking forward," Amp added as she pumped her fists together.

The crowd gasped as the VR rapidly filled with water, transforming into an undersea environment. Amp activated her transuit immediately, while Lamprey took a deep breath as her long green hair flowed in her natural element. Four humanoids clothed all in black floated in front of them, each carrying blasters. As one, they began to fire.

Amp's body glowed red as she used her powers on herself, boosting her speed and strength. She kicked quickly, evading the enemy fire. Lamprey brought her arms together, pushing the water into balls and throwing them at the enemy. She bowled two of them over with one hit.

"Yeah!" she cheered. "Score two for us!"

"Watch out!" Amp sped towards Lamprey, pushing her out of the way as their remaining two opponents fired at where they had been. "Th-thanks," Lamprey stammered. "Any time," Amp replied as she pulled Lamprey behind a rocky outcropping. "Can you take these two down with your powers?"

"They're a bit too far," Lamprey peeked her head cautiously out as blaster rounds battered their hiding place. "Unless you boost me."

"My pleasure." Amp's reddish glow extended to Lamprey, who breathed deeply as she concentrated on the water molecules around their opponents. With a flick of her wrists, she pulled the two humanoids into one another. The two grunted before floating limply in the water.

The two Cadets smiled at each other as the VR room returned to normal. Up above them, cheers sounded as the audience went wild. The viewing room erupted with questions and exclamations as the visitors practically swarmed over Rebound and Mentalla.

"That is so cool!"
"I want to learn to fight like that!"
"Can they beat up space dragons next?"

"Easy, easy, there will be time for all your questions!" The crowd hushed as Triad entered the room, and ooohed again as she triplicated into three identical beings, with only the colors of her eyes and her clothes differing. She continued quickly, before the crowd could buzz again. "Those who want to learn more about joining the Legion Cadet program can stay here. Those who want to continue the tour can join Wildfire and Ferro; they can answer your other questions about the Cadet program as well." About two-thirds of the group shuffled after Ferro and Wildfire, while the rest milled around Triad.

"Follow me through this doorway, and I'll walk you through the application process..." Triad began.

"Okay, folks!" Wildfire clapped his gloves together energetically. "Up next, we'll take you through the planetary zones around Legion World that mirror each of the UP worlds! We have plenty of fun stories to share with you. Right, Ferro?"

"Hmm? Oh, yeah," Ferro forced a smile as he tore his gaze away from an oblivious Mentalla. "This will be fun, folks."

Wildfire considered his teammate curiously as they led their group through the doorway.

Triad Neutral wiped her brow as she started uploading Legion Cadet applications into the central database. They had received 267 just today; thankfully, the actual enrollment tryouts would be easier to organize. They could be done together with the Legion tryouts, with applicants indicating whether they were applying for Active Legionnaire or for Legion Cadet.

Triad Orange was busy organizing files, while Triad Purple was ushering the last of the tour group out. "Come on, folks. If you have any more questions, you can read through the link we sent you..."

"Wait, Ms. Triad." A sandy-haired young man turned back. "I just..."

"I'm sorry, sir, but we really have to get moving," Purple cut him off. "We really need to keep moving. There are many more tour groups on the way..."

"It's okay, Sis," Neutral spoke up as she approached the man. "We do have time for one more question, but that's it, okay? We have many more guests to entertain."

"It's not really a question. I... I have something I need to say." The man triplicated, and at once, Triad understood.

Each of his triplets was wearing the same pullover sweater... yet each was in a different color. The triplet in the middle looked at them silently, arms in his green pockets. The one to the right puffed his chest out confidently as he pulled his red hood back. And the one on the left shyly averted his gaze as he his his hands in his blue sleeves.

"You're like me..." Triad Orange whispered.

"Cargg has been changing slowly," the man said quietly, "but life can still be hard for us. My family... well, I... I left Cargg before they could find out. It's hard to talk about it to my non-Carggite friends, they don't really understand... But I don't know if I could have stayed sane without you as an inspiration. Thank you."

Triad Neutral looked at Orange and Purple, who nodded. Neutral gently took the man's hand. "Want to talk about it over a hot cup of Winathian coffee?"

The man smiled gratefully as Triad led him out the door.

Ferro heaved a sigh as the last of their group stepped through the doorway back to the Threshold chamber. He didn't need to breathe, now that he was stuck in his iron form, but exhaling still helped psychologically energize him. "Whew! Guiding guests is almost as tiring as beating up the bad guys, isn't it, Wildfire?"

"Oh, I don't know..." Wildfire said, his vocoders expressing his amusement. "Somehow I think you'd take tour guide duty any day over talking with a certain newly-graduated Titanian Cadet..."

Ferro's head snapped up as his mouth dropped in shock. "Oh man, was I that obvious?"

"Maybe just a little bit," Wildfire laughed. "I take it you haven't asked her out yet?"

Ferro shook his head. "Please, Drake, do me a favor and don't tell anyone. I mean, come on, I've gotten over my disfigurement, but now I'm stuck in this metal form. Ironic, isn't it? I'm totally comfortable with how I look now, but I can't turn back to flesh and blood and enjoy being human again..."

"Welcome to the club, pal," Wildfire said, his voice tinged with regret. "At least you have more of a chance of being human again than I do. I'm just a ball of energy, remember?"

"Aw man..." Ferro rubbed the back of his neck uncomfortably. "I'm sorry, Drake. That was so insensitive of me."

"It's fine, Andy," Wildfire shrugged. "I've had my share of near-death experiences even after becoming Wildfire. My current situation is far from ideal, but at least I'm grateful to still be alive, such as it is..."

He clasped Ferro's shoulder as he continued. "But then, Shikari has been there for me even though I'm just a ball of energy who could never physically do much for her. Who knows? Maybe Mentalla will be the same for you."

Ferro shook his hand. "Asking someone to love a scarred, deformed face is one thing. Asking someone to love a living block of metal.." He sighed as he looked out over the patchwork collection of planetary zones below; Naltorian coral seas beside sunlit Winathan fields beside Tharrian desert. So much natural beauty, which neither he nor Wildfire would be able to experience in full. To be able to taste hot chocolate, or feel the cool breeze on his face, or smell the fragrant wildflowers again...

"It doesn't get any easier, does it?" he asked quietly.

"Not by much," Wildfire replied as he stood beside Ferro. "But good friends can help ease the pain a bit."

Ferro took one last look at the magnificent snow-capped peaks of Xanthu's Atlas Mountains. "I feel like punching something. VR workout?"

Wildfire gave him a thumbs-up. "You're on." Ferro grinned at Wildfire as they flew towards the VR room.

IB's notes:

1) Legionnaires 24 revealed that Carggite triplets who show differences of any kind are repressed and persecuted on Cargg. Triad was institutionalized after her grandmother died because she had no legal guardian. This repression did not seem to be common knowledge among the other Legionnaires at the time.

2) In Legion Worlds 5, Ferro was severely injured by the brute Nadir on planet Steeple. If he switches back to his human form, he will die. To add to the tragedy, he had already accepted his disfigured face and was comfortable enough to take his mask off; he can't do that now as it is fused to him in his iron form.

Last edited by Invisible Brainiac; 02/27/16 02:35 PM.
Re: Post ZH Legion: Legion Day
Invisible Brainiac #884658 01/10/16 05:11 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Feel daunted by the length of this thread? You can also check out the Recap Thread to catch up!

Dreamer, Nura Nal of Naltor; precognition
Insect Queen, Lonna Leing of Xanthu; morphs into various insect forms, gaining the powers of the forms she takes
Particon, Jennifer Sanchez of Earth (India and Philippines); "hard light" energy casting and manipulation, disruption of energy flow
Star Boy, Thom Kallor of Xanthu; gravity manipulation

Atmos, Marak Russen of Xanthu; nuclear energy blasts, flight, enhanced strength and durability (Uncanny Amazer)

Insect Queen smiled at Particon as they held hands while waiting in the Threshold Chamber. A crowd from Xanthu was pouring through, and they were expecting their former teammate Atmos to be part of that crowd. "You looked so sexy, demonstrating your power lance a while ago," she whispered to Particon, who smiled back. "So did you, insect abdomen aside," she joked. Insect Queen swatted Particon playfully as they did.

Across from them, Star Boy smiled as he grasped Dreamer about the waist. "Things sure have a way of working out for the better, huh? Our inter-dimensional trip led to the Brainiacs curing me, and now you're both Legionnaires too, and we even got Candi back! And Xanthu's getting better than ever."

"Yeah, the terraforming has really paid off," Particon noted. "I'm hopeful Xanthu will be back to its old self soon."

"I'm sure it will," Dreamer smiled. "Not a vision, but I have confidence in the abilities of everyone involved."

"The Legion certainly does a great job of bringing great people togeth- oh!" Insect Queen exclaimed as she felt a man bump into her. "Um, excuse me?" she said as she watched him walk away. He turned to her and sneered. "Too good for Xanthu, are you?"

"Hey!" Particon snapped. Insect Queen put an arm on her shoulder. "It's okay, Jen. Let him be."

"Are you okay?" Star Boy frowned. "I know not all Xanthusians are happy about their Amazers joining the Legion, but that guy was awfully rude."

"He was." The Legionnaires turned to see their ally Atmos stride through the Thresholds. The mohawked redhead drew whispers and stares as he passed through; besides his distinct look and costume, his powers had the odd side-effect of turning portions of his torso invisible. There was nothing invisible about the look in his face, though. "I have to warn you, Lonna. He is certainly not the only one."

Insect Queen's face fell at Atmos' words; Particon put a supportive arm on her shoulder. "I didn't realize... While I was an Amazer, many Xanthusians grumbled about the Legion, but..."

"Many Xanthusians are scared," Atmos replied calmly. "Robotica ravaged our world, and many do not wish for it to happen again. And although Star Boy and Insect Queen were on hand to fight the Robotican invasion, well... let's just say many would like some more reassurance. We are only four Amazers left on Xanthu, with five former Amazers as Legionnaires, not counting Atom'x who was thought killed and is now half of Wildfire*."

"Particon shouldn't be wrapped up in this. She isn't even originally from Xanthu!" Insect Queen protested. "I understand their sentiments, but this isn't really fair for her. Nor is it completely fair for the rest of us; though maybe we should do more for Xanthu even now that we are Legionnaires..."

"I don't think Atmos necessarily subscribes to this same opinion," Dreamer said carefully as she positioned herself between her teammates and Atmos. "And I also don't think any of you should feel guilty about joining the Legion. Both Legionnaires and Amazers are able to do plenty of good, you know."

"Xanthu... I told the other Legionnaires long ago, that being so remote has made Xanthu a little bit too eager to prove we're just as good as the "important" worlds like Earth or Colu," Star Boy considered. "Maybe... Maybe we should take some time to show Xanthu just how valued it is."

"I think you're getting a little idea there," Dreamer smiled as she kissed Star Boy on the cheek.

"It sounds like something I would like to hear," Insect Queen added as she held Particon's shoulder.

"Why not?" Atmos crossed his arms over his chest. "It certainly can't hurt."

"It's just an idea," Star Boy began. "But Xanthu could really use a big celebration after all it's been through..."

1) The four Amazers are Atmos, Konk!, Kal Bodo and Radion. The five former Amazers are Star Boy, Element Lass, Kid Quantum II, Particon and Insect Queen.

2) Wildfire's origin is told in Legionnaires 76.

Last edited by Invisible Brainiac; 02/27/16 02:16 PM.
Invisible Brainiac #885146 01/13/16 09:36 PM
Deputy
Deputy
IB some more good quiet moments.

I can't wait to see what the The former Amzers will do to help heal Xanthu heal. I think that's a great thing to follow up on and its understandable why the people would feel scared.

Ferro and Wildfire's moment was good as well. They both will find a form of happiness. i hope Mentalla sees Ferro for who is soon and I like tat Wildfire's the inspirational voice in your reality and not the woe is me. one.

The VR battle was fun and cool and nice to see a moment of action the two of them are fun in battle. Yet again i like this pairing.

Traid's moment was touching and its shows how much she's made a difference in both the Legion and on Cragg. I like how Neutral was all for taking one more question.

Great work IB. looking forward to more and to these tryouts that keep getting mentioned.:)

read the adventures of the Reboot Legion!

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001232
Invisible Brainiac #885247 01/14/16 04:33 PM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Thank you Omni, so happy you liked this batch of entries too! smile

I get inspiration on writing Ferro from your own work, I think you write him really well. He has come a long way from the shy and insecure hero. As for Wildfire, the Postboot one has always been considerably more upbeat than the Preboot one; and his near-death (or near-dissolution?) experience vs. the Monitor added to it! As for Mentalla... let's see. As a telepath she might be able to relate to Ferro on a deeper level, but she also has physical needs. I'll have to be very careful to handle this properly so both Ferro and Mentalla come out sympathetic.

The Xanthu developments are certainly interesting, among the planets I believe they suffered most from Robotica. Come to think of it, several planets suffered under the Blight too, but maybe all of them have recovered by now. But this brings to mind Corvan IV, whose terrorists tried to make a statement way back in Legion 1...

Happy you liked Amp and Lamprey's workout! I think these two could be good friends.

Glad Triad's scene rang true as well. She certainly won't let her impact on Cargg stop there wink And she is definitely embracing the differences among her three selves!

Invisible Brainiac #885308 01/15/16 11:20 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
I really liked Triad's scene as well...I like seeing follow-up every now and then on how Cargg is developing. You do that quite well actually, using little bits like that and Gates' earlier scene to show that the other worlds of the UP aren't just static backdrops smile

Another thing I really like is the Amazers' chat. I love that the Legion is a big enough group that it has subset groups like the Amazers or Academy graduates or Subs...it makes for interesting dynamics!

Invisible Brainiac #885368 01/15/16 03:54 PM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Thank you, raz! Triad's story and Cargg's situation really strike a chord with me. Living in Southeast Asia, where the LGBT community is hardly embraced, makes me relate to it very much.

I also have a deep interest in modern day geopolitics, an interest which seems to find its way into my writing tongue

And I agree with you on the subgroups! Thanks for mentioning the Subs too, this reminds me... I have had scenes with them before, but seeing as Brek and Drura are the only ones so far to have graduated into the Legion gives me an idea...

Ditto for Academy graduates. Now that they're in a much bigger group... Hm... Berta, Brek, Drura, Babbage, Mentalla and the now-Reservist Kent are the only former Academy students SO FAR to make it in...

PS forgot to mention, thanks again to Omni for consulting with me before. Because of our chat, I decided not to "fix" Sensor or Ferro - only Wildfire, because he was in mortal danger.

Last edited by Invisible Brainiac; 01/15/16 03:55 PM.
Post ZH Legion: Legion Day
Invisible Brainiac #886133 01/22/16 05:43 PM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard

Gear, I.Z.O.R. of Linsnar; bio-mechanical techno-morphing
Karate Kid, Val Armorr of Omega Colony; skilled martial artist
Umbra, Tasmia Mallor of Talok VIII; shadow casting

Impulse, Kent Shakespeare of Earth (UK: England); enhanced speed, strength, durability and recuperative abilities; medical doctor and Legion support staff member (Reservist)

Brawler of Moxie; super-strength and durability, can mind-mesh with machinery to control it
Calorie Queen, Taryn Loy of Bismoll; consume and digest all forms of matter, conversion of digested matter into super-strength (Reservist and Legion Cadet)
Catspaw, April Dumaka of Earth (Tanzania); enhanced agility, speed and claws (Reservist and Legion Cadet)
Echo, Troy Stewart of Earth (South Africa); sound manipulation (Reservist and Legion Cadet)
Tellus, Ganglios of Hykraius; telepathy and telekinesis (Reservist and Legion Cadet)
Theena of unknown; attached to a symbiotic alien able to open "viewscreens" allowing communication across distances (Reservist and Legion Cadet)

Gear closed his eyes for a second as he linked himself with the Mission Monitor Board. Now that he was connected to it, he did not need his biological eyes to see what was happening.

Though the Legion Day celebrations were continuing, some of the more studious Cadets were getting a workout in. The super-strong Calorie Queen was pulverizing rocky blocks with her fists; Tenzil had jokingly said that the Legion should vote her in as an Active Legionnaire instead of him. The quiet Tellus swam in the gym pool; he was as graceful in the water as he was awkward on land. Thankfully, his flight ring and telekinesis helped him fly relatively smoothly. Echo was practicing his sonic powers, testing the shattering points of various materials.

And in the center of the gym, four figures were engaged in what seemed to be a free-for-all.

On one side, Karate Kid nimbly dodged every swipe from the agile Catspaw. She laughed with each dodge; though she was a committed student, she also knew how to enjoy herself. "So tell me, teacher," she purred. "Most of my classmates are not this slow. What am I doing wrong with you?"

"You're telegraphing too much," Karate Kid explained patiently as he leaped back. "There is a little twitch in your arm just before you swipe."

"So I see..." Catspaw meowed. As Karate Kid swung his arm around to counterattack, she flipped backwards, landing softly on the floor.

On the other side of the gym, things were not quite so lighthearted.

"Dodge all you want, Umbra! All I need is to get one of your limbs pinned..." Brawler, brash as ever, molded bits of metal into snares that shot at Umbra from all directions. Gear silently gave thanks that the Cadet had finally learned to make his power work on metallic objects that did not contain circuitry; repairs were easy and relatively inexpensive, but no less tedious. Umbra, however, was not impressed. "Perhaps you will be more successful if you stop talking and focus," she said icily as she effortlessly evaded another volley. "You're not even a quarter as fast as Cosmic Boy or Kinetix."

"I'm just trying to corner you. It's part of my strategy," Brawler said through gritted teeth. Sweat was pouring down his face. Gear sighed inwardly; Brawler was a decent fighter, but his ego would be a major liability in the field.

Behind him, he heard a much louder sigh. He turned to see Theena, head resting on her palm as she slowly sifted through the monitors. Every time she changed a channel, so did the views being displayed on the symbiotic life-form attached to her back. Gear considered; though Theena was a Cadet, her powers hardly made he suited for Active duty. She would make a great Espionage Squad member, however, or an excellent choice for manning the Monitor Board.

Which was where Theena spent plenty of her time, in fact. Her symbiote allowed her to see and hear anything within an approximately 1-kilometer radius; Babbage and Rebound had figured early on how to hook her into the Mission Monitor Board on Legion World, magnifying her range. She could now extend her views to any point on the artificial planet, though - and she had been the one to suggest this - she could not see into people's bedrooms or toilets. She was the logical choice to oversee security while Legion Day was going on.

Well, one of the logical choices. Gear considered. He himself felt no desire to mingle with huge crowds of fawning sentients, but in general the Cadets were like children waiting for their birthdays.

"Theena. It's a shame you have to stay here while the celebrations are going on. Why don't you go and enjoy the Legion Day celebrations? I can handle this myself."

Theena's head snapped up in surprise. "Oh, I couldn't do that, Gear!"

Gear shook his head. "Come on. I'll miss your company, but Legion Day only rolls around once a year. And you're more sociable than I am. You know I hate talking to crowds." He made a face, causing Theena to laugh. "Go on. You can just bring me some food from the commissary on your way back... tomorrow."

"Thank you!" Theena jumped with joy and gave Gear a little kiss on the forehead. Then she ran out with a big smile on her face.

Gear settled back in his seat, with a smile on his as well. He toggled back to the screen watching over the gym. Brawler was still trying, in vain, to snag Umbra. The blue-skinned Legionnaire frowned in boredom and annoyance. With a frustrated grunt, Brawler raised his arms, sending a rain of metallic debris flying at Umbra. "Look out!" she yelled as she unclipped her cape from her costume, swinging it in front of her to catch most of the items. A few pierced holes in her cape, but Umbra herself was unharmed.

Catspaw and Karate Kid were not so lucky. Caught unawares, the two reacted in time to avoid the worst of it; but a large beam struck Val's right foot as he jumped aside, while a nasty-looking sheet of metal hit Catspaw's side as she leaped away. The feline Cadet hissed in pain as she rounded on Brawler. "What gives, nasshead?"

"Hey, hey!" Brawler raised his hands. "I didn't mean to!"

"You still caused bodily harm," Umbra's tone was darker than the shadows surrounding her fists.

"I'll say," Catspaw snarled as she raised her claws. Crimson blood stained the side of her costume. "You'll pay for that."

Gear sighed as he raised his flight ring to his lips. "Doctor Kent. You're needed in the gym."

Impulse titled his head slightly as Gear's voice came over his flight ring. "Be there in a bit, Gear. I just need to patch up this brave little girl's arm." He smiled warmly at her. "Don't cry, honey. It's just a little scrape. Half an hour with this medi-patch and you will be as good as new."

"And then I can play on the space-gorilla bars again?" she sniffed.

"Only if you're careful," the girl's mother chided gently. She smiled warmly at Kent. "Thank you, Doctor."

"Or would you prefer to be called Impulse?" The girl's father spoke with a curious tone, his mustache flaring. Kent put on his warmest smile; he knew where this was going.

"Impulse is still my code name, whether I'm on or off the field. Either form of address is fine."

"Let's go, dear. I'm sure Dr. Shakespeare has many other patients to see," the mother said with a touch of embarrassment. "Come on." She herded her husband and daughter away, giving Kent a smile. He smiled back gratefully. As soon as they exited the clinic, he held his flight ring up.

"Sorry, Gear. Just finished with a patient. What's this about the gym?"

"Training accident. Hotheads involved. I could send the medi-bots, but you did insist on finishing your shift today, and I think a good bedside manner can help diffuse the situations..." Gear's voice was not without a touch of amusement.

Impulse barked a laugh. "Any Legionnaires there?"

"Karate Kid and Umbra. Trainees involved are Brawler and Catspaw."

"Oh, I'm sure they can calm everyone down..." Kent barked a laugh. "So I heard you insisted on manning the Monitor Boards even though at least six other Legionnaires offered to take shifts today."

Gear chuckled. "What can I say? Probably for the same reasons you chose to take your shift..."

"It's a tough job..." Kent continued, even as he grabbed his medikit and started for the door.

"But we love doing it," Gear finished.

"And how. That's why I stepped down from active duty. The Legion has plenty of other strong, more-durable-than-average heroes on its roster."

"And even though I'm on the Active roster, I do tend to go on fewer missions than most," Gear mused.

"We have quite a bit to bond over," Kent laughed. "Let's talk more about this next time? I think I need to get over there before they injure each other some more."

"I wouldn't worry TOO much. I won't spoil things for you, though. Best you see it for yourself. Talk to you later, Doc."

Impulse smiled as he flew along the corridors. Gear had a great sense of humor, certainly not something he had expected from a techno-organic being. He mused as he gripped his medikit; he knew Gear enjoyed the occasional mission, and sometimes he did miss that as well. But there was more than enough excitement on a planetoid as large as Legion World to keep him busy. Still, maybe he could...

His thoughts were disrupted as he entered the gym. Calorie Queen was holding a rather noisy Brawler up in the air; he was strong, but she was stronger. "I assure you, you can kick at me all you want. I still won't drop you," she said calmly as she kept his feet dangling off the ground. Darkfield bonds kept Brawler's limbs from moving, though not his tongue. "Let me at her, I'll...!"

"Oh, be quiet." With a flick of Umbra's wrist, a shadowy gag appeared around Brawler's mouth.

"Coward! Let me punish him!" Catspaw snarled as her limbs flailed in the air. Below her, Tellus' tail twitched as he concentrated. "She... is... quite... energetic," the amphibious Cadet's normally calm telepathic "voice" echoed.

"Don't make me use my powers, Catspaw..." Echo warned. "Calm down. Brawler may be brash, but I'm sure it was just an accident."

"I agree. He has no reason to harm us on purpose," Karate Kid added, even as he carefully stretched his leg out in front of him. "I am sure an apology will ease Catspaw's anger."

"I think that's the way to go," Kent said as he strode towards Catspaw. Her wound seemed shallow, but the flailing was causing the blood to continue flowing. "April, if you don't stop moving around, this trickle of blood will turn into a fountain. I know you heal faster than most, but why don't you let me patch you up?"

"... Fine. But Brawler and I are not done," she hissed.

"Oh, we will see to it that he knows that," Umbra said darkly.

Impulse sighed inwardly as he began to get to work.

IB's notes:

1) Theena and her symbiote appeared in the Threeboot, and the symbiote seemed to allow her to see and hear things happening anywhere. No limits were ever set. This seems a bit too powerful, so I gave her some limitations.

Last edited by Invisible Brainiac; 07/20/21 03:10 PM.
Invisible Brainiac #886134 01/22/16 06:48 PM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard

Spider-Girl, Sussa Paka of Luna; prehensile hair, extensive espionage contacts
Timber Wolf, Brin Londo of Zuun; enhanced speed, strength, durability, senses and regenerative powers
Ultra Boy, Jo Nah of Rimbor; enhanced speed, strength, invulnerability, vision powers and flight, but can only use one power at a time

"You're pretty hairy," Spider-Girl cooed as she admired Timber Wolf. "I like that."

"I bet you do," the lupine Legionnaire smirked. "And I like a woman who takes very good care of herself." He winked at her, a wink which she returned with interest as her long, red hair curled around his forearms.

"I hate to interrupt, but feel free to continue when I'm out of the room," Ultra Boy quipped. "Seriously, though. Thanks for helping me out here."

"Hey, anything for Tinya." Brin turned to face Jo and looked him squarely in the eye. "Thanks for including me."

"I owe her safety to you," Jo replied. "So of course."

"Nice to see you have become all mature," Sussa snarked. "Please and thank you and all that."

"Sussa, I apologized..."**

"You did, well after the fact," Sussa cut in sweetly. "And I'm over it, and over you. But I figure the way you did it allows me at least another year's worth of friendly ribbing."

Jo sighed, while Brin tried to hide a rather broad smile. Jo shot him a glare, at which Brin shrugged his shoulders. You do kind of deserve it, he mouthed. Jo shook his head in annoyance.

"Anyway..." Sussa continued as she tapped on her Omnicom. "My contacts have corroborated the rumblings you two have heard from your old gangs on Rimbor. There are now three confirmed sightings of Luonel Bordo within the last week."

"Tinya's dad," Brin breathed.

"And a wanted sentient-trafficker," Jo said grimly. "With an outstanding warrant of arrest."

"Which means we can go in as Legionnaires," Sussa smiled. "If that's what you want, anyway." She and Brin turned to look at Jo, who clenched his fists.

"I think it's time to bring this to Tinya's attention..." He frowned as he studied Sussa's files. It was time for some major justice. And, though Tinya had healed a lot since she found out about her dad's crimes*, this would be the perfect chance to close off this part of her past once and for all.

IB's notes:

1) Spider-Girl and Ultra Boy were an item in the Workforce. Apparition and Ultra Boy fell in love at first sight, and Jo just kind of blew Sussa off without really ending things with her (at least it seemed in Legionnaires 26, where Jo justified his date with Tinya by saying "Don't start with me, Sussa. I'll hang around with whoever I...")

2) LSH v4 102, where Tinya found out that her dad gave away her two "bodies" (her dad is Carggite!)

Re: Post ZH Legion: Volume 4 Moving On
Invisible Brainiac #886225 01/23/16 04:18 PM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard

Andromeda, Laurel Gand of Daxam; enhanced speed, strength, invulnerability, vision powers

Andromeda lowered her voice out of force of habit as she spoke with Obin Der and Teena Dav in one of the Legion's small meeting rooms. She didn't need to; they had complete privacy. But force of habit was strong; she remembered having to keep her voice low as she spoke with Roxxas and other White Triangle members and sympathizers in her brief time in the Daxamite capital. It seemed like a lifetime ago now; her father had surprised her with a draft notice for the Legion of Super-heroes*; this granted her amazing powers under Earth's yellow sun, but forced her to mingle with other races.

She considered her words as she spread mashed Daxamite peas mixed with fragrant oil on her crackers. Traditional Daxamite food from the desert; food she had not tasted in years. How thoughtful of Obin Der to bring some.

"I am happy you both were able to come here," she continued. Among the handful of Daxamites living offworld, only Teena had been available and willing to join the celebrations on Legion World. The others were a little too scared of being exposed as Daxamites in such a crowded, multi-species environment. "How are you adjusting to your new life, Teena?"

"It's amazing! I love the powers; sometimes I fly at night, or when I'm traveling in remote places like the glaciers of Tharn," The young girl gushed. Obin Der had shared her story; she had just wanted to see the galaxy, and wearing the bracelet that severely limited Daxamites' powers and acted as a tracking device was a small price to pay for that. Having never experienced the full potential of her powers, even these limited ones were magical to her - and indeed, very few beings in the United Planets would ever experience anything like them.

Andromeda herself was exempted from wearing one, due to her Legionnaire status and RJ Brande's presidential pardon**, but she still asked for one to wear when not on Legion business. It was great for reducing the fear others sometimes felt in her presence.

"I hope you have been updating your family, Teena," Obin Der smiled. The Ambassador worked hard to ensure the continued safety of Daxamites who chose to spend extended amounts of time offworld. "Your mother worries, you know."

"I call her every two days, Ambassador," Teena smiled. "I realize now how lucky I am that they are way cooler than most parents."

"Yes, the galaxy is still a little afraid of us," Andromeda said gently. "Not undeservedly; few species or races have this much power. You ARE lucky; I haven't spoken to my own family since..."

"I'm sorry." Teena's smile wilted a little. "I... most of us, most of us who left Daxam, know your story very well." She leaned a little closer, and tentatively stretched her hand out. "You were very brave, standing against those who... who had beliefs that were drilled into your whole life."

Andromeda smiled, a genuine smile of gratitude. "That is very nice of you to say." She took Teena's hand in hers. "All of us here are very brave. It is my hope that one day, all of Daxam will see that there is no reason to fear - much less hate - other worlds."

Obin Der took a sip of his rich Daxamite blue tea; the scent of herbs filled his nose. "Amen to that."

IB's notes:

1) LSH v4 66 and LSH v4 70. Andromeda's family shared the White Triangle's racist and xenophobic views. She established that in Daxam's cities, children were taught about the seeding of worlds by Valor, and how most humanoid races/species in the UP galaxy shared common ancestry from Earth. The White Triangle chose to live apart, in the desert, to perpetuate their beliefs.

2) LSH v4 80. Andromeda aided the White Triangle by giving Roxxas an anti-lead serum. To her horror, it allowed them to ravage Earth. As atonement, she turned herself in. RJ Brande pardoned her upon becoming UP President.

Last edited by Invisible Brainiac; 01/23/16 09:30 PM.
Re: Post ZH Legion: Volume 4 Moving On
Invisible Brainiac #886226 01/23/16 04:52 PM
K
Leader
Leader
K
Christopher Kent (Lor-Zod) had one of those red-sun bracelets. I assume that the technology has improved over they past millennium, and they no longer tend to explode like a cheap lithium-ion battery.

“I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal.” -- Groucho Marx
Post ZH Legion: Legion Day
Invisible Brainiac #886228 01/23/16 05:02 PM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Oh yes, the bracelets used by the Daxamites are very safe. It wouldn't do to have them maiming random citizens...

... and the UP as it is now would definitely not build such unscrupulous failsafes into them. Nope.

Last edited by Invisible Brainiac; 01/23/16 05:43 PM.
Invisible Brainiac #886772 02/02/16 12:06 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Ib This Legion day is truly epic in scope.
i'm loving how were getting to see everyone!

Brawler and Thenna i want on the team asap! just saying. She's great and he's awkwardly bad. but i just want to see more of him. }Maybe once he's learned a bit more.

I loved Umbra's cape trick. that was wicked cool!

And Calorie Queen lifting Brawler up was a funny image.

Sussa, Brin, and Jo out to get Tinya's dad? this is going to be a fun mission to watch. they are the ones who can go where no other Legionnaire can go...well expect for maybe Lyle or Cham. lol

Old habits die hard for Andromeda. i liked that you referenced that! IB i really do love how complete your world is and how well tied it is to the actual series.

that moment was really inspiring and shows how much work they've done but still needs to do. I like that Andromeda choose to wear the bracelet.

Can't wait for more.

Invisible Brainiac #886789 02/02/16 05:21 PM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Thanks Omni, so nice of you to say. I'm glad you're liking these little moments. I'm having an easier time using Legion Day to move my universe forward, so it might maintain the same "level" and "flavor" throughout without necessarily building up into a crescendo.

Glad you liked the appearances of more Cadets - many making their debut in this reality! Brawler is a guy I love to hate, though at least he's not as hideously arrogant as Preboot Atmos or Threeboot Ultra Boy. Calorie Queen is a great character too (though writing Tenzil has made me partial to him!) And I love Theena, and was inspired to include her after you did the same in your story.

Umbra is an amazing fighter, look for more cool moves from her smile

Tinya, Jo, Sussa and Brin is a story waiting to write itself wink

And glad you liked Andromeda's "realness" smile

Thanks again for all the support!

Invisible Brainiac #887421 02/13/16 03:30 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard

White Witch, Mysa of Zarrox; sorcery

Dragonmage, Xao Jin of New Shanghai (Earth colony); sorcery (Reservist)

"I wish you would stay longer, Xao." The White Witch tried, but failed, to keep the sadness from creeping into her voice. "Are you not punishing yourself too much? You are a Reserve Legionnaire. You have earned your flight ring."

Dragonmage lowered his eyes as he brushed his hair forward. "I thought I could bear the shame of my past actions, My Lady. But during the fly-by... I could feel the looks of scorn from many of those in the crowd. I should not have joined even that."

"Xao..." Mysa held his hand. "Your mistakes had grievous consequences, but they were not intentional. Compare yourself with Andromeda. She, too, made an error. But she has atoned for it. She told you herself. She has made peace with herself."

"It is not the same, My Lady... Much like your defiance of the accursed Mordru, whose rule you never believed in; and her turning her back on the White Triangle beliefs of her family, which she once embraced..."

Dragonmage's lips formed a small, mischievous smile, and Mysa laughed - partly at his cheeky comparison, but more so at seeing him make a joke. Perhaps Dragonmage was closer healing than she thought. "You are correct; our situations are not the same," Mysa said gently. "And I understand you need time to work through it. Just know this: I firmly believe that your status as a Reserve Legionnaire will aid you in your journey towards forgiveness."

"I thank you, my lady," Dragonmage's voice was quiet as his eyes filled with tears. "You are indeed as kind and compassionate as you are beautiful..."

Xao blushed as he said that. He was used to being forward about his burning ambition and desire to learn, but not about his personal thoughts and feelings. He averted his gaze; bad enough that he still felt the burden of his mistakes, but to so awkwardly express himself to the Lady Mysa at a time when he was clearly not worthy of her...

"I thank you, Xao," Mysa gently touched his wrist. "You are very sweet, to say that."

Dragonmage returned her warm smile, and opened his hand to take hers. The two walked silently to the Threshold chamber, Dragonmage carrying his knapsack. Mysa squeezed his hand one last time as he approached the open Threshold. A green-haired Kwai turned to him. "And where would you like to go?"

Xao hesitated. Now he had his full powers back, and now he had completed his sentence for his mistake in freeing the Elementals... but now he was also bereft. With joining the Legion not an option for the time being, he needed to find his own path. Mysa squeezed his hand again. "I am sure, wherever you go, it will be an important step in your journey, Xao."

He squeezed back in gratitude. Taking out his Omnicom, he tapped on the Galactic Maps button to show the Kwai his destination. "Take me to New Shanghai, please."

As the Kwai armored up, Xao turned to hug Mysa one last time. "I will keep in touch."

"I look forward to it." Mysa stood silently, watching Xao as he entered the Threshold. Then she sighed as she turned around to exit the Threshold Chamber.

Hidden from view, another pair of eyes watched as well. Then that pair of eyes vanished, one phrase in its thoughts.

New Shanghai.

IB's notes:

White Witch enlisted Dragonmage in her bid to counter an awakened Mordru. After Dragonmage lost his powers fighting Mordru (Legionnaires 50-52), she taught him again.

Unfortunately, Dragonmage became impatient and unleashed four powerful Elementals despite being warned by a mystical avatar. The four Elementals possessed four hosts, including Dirk Morgna. They also caused planet Dryad to explode, and removed all the water from planet Gil'd, causing the death of numerous Gil'dans.

Dragonmage helped stop the Elementals, but lost his powers again. Of the four hosts, only Dirk Morgna survived. In shame, Dragonmage turned himself in to atone. (Legionnaires 71 to 74).

I had it that he spent time working with the UP to reach out to worlds formerly under Mordru's control, in his empire which spanned several star systems on the fringes of the UP's galaxy, over a century before the UP was formed (location and date revealed in Legionnaires 49).

His powers were restored by the Monitor. Although Mysa offered to nominate him for Active membership, Dragonmage declined as he was still ashamed of his past actions. The Legionnaires did grant him Reserve status for his efforts in redeeming himself, and for helping out against the Monitor.

And yes, Mysa is Mordru's daughter in this reality. She helped defeat him, but was aged into a hag in the process. (Legionnaires 48-50). She manipulated Kinetix to help find the Emerald Eye, the only one of Mordru's talismans and weapons she was not able to seal away. (Legionnaires 42, among others). She helped fight Mordru again, having her youthful form restored in the process.

Last edited by Invisible Brainiac; 07/20/21 03:22 PM.
Invisible Brainiac #887608 02/17/16 07:21 PM
Deputy
Deputy
I really like that Xao isn't willing to take the easy way to atonement.

His and Mysa's relationship whatever it maybe is really well done.

Hmmm vanishing eyes... i wonder who that is and what they want with Xao...could this be the magical punishment that comes with his hubris?

Can't wait for more.

Last edited by Omni; 02/17/16 07:24 PM.

Invisible Brainiac #887629 02/18/16 08:22 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Ferro and Wildfire sharing a common problem - of course! That makes so much sense. These Legion Day pieces really individualize the characters in a realistic way. Triad helping her fellow Carggite, Gear avoiding the socializing, Xao's inability to forgive himself.

I'm curious to see what you do with Brawler; he's got a long way to go to qualify as a Legionnaire - maybe he slips to the dark side?

Holy Cats of Egypt!
Invisible Brainiac #887695 02/18/16 06:40 PM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Hi Omni and FC! Thanks for the comments and feedback. I really appreciate it.

Xao does still have a bit of pride. He and Mysa do have more than just a teacher-student relationship.

The vanishing eyes will tie into something else I introduced...

Happy you are liking the little moments. Drake and Andy have a lot in common now, look for more!

Brawler, have not thought about where he will go. I needed someone to cause an accident so I could feature Kent, but it looks like Brawler stole the show!

Fat Cramer #888320 02/27/16 02:01 PM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Originally Posted by Fat Cramer

I'm so glad to see other parts of the Earth (New Seoul) than the original U.S.A. represented.

FC's comment has inspired me to firmly established where in Earth my Earthling Legionnaires are from.

I see these countries existing as distinct regions on a united Earth; there is a centralized Earthgov, but these regions have some autonomy in internal affairs. More importantly, they are proud of their rich, long histories and distinct cultures.

Here they are:

Active Legionnaires

Nightwind, Berta Skye Harris of Earth (Iceland) and Enwa; wind and air manipulation. Current Legion co-leader.

Ferro, Andrew Nolan of 20th century Earth (USA); previously could turn his body into durable iron, but now stuck in his iron form
Inferno, Dirk Morgna of Earth (USA and Russia); pyrokinesis (probationary pending completion of Legion basic training)
Invisible Kid, Lyle Norg of Earth (Australia and Israel); invisibility
Particon, Jennifer Sanchez of Earth (India and Philippines); "hard light" energy casting and manipulation, disruption of energy flow
Rebound, Chuck Taine of Earth (Canada); inflates into a durable bouncing form

Reserve Legionnaires (Not Legion Cadets)

Dragonmage, Xao Jin of New Shanghai (Earth colony); sorcery
Impulse, Kent Shakespeare of Earth (United Kingdom: England); enhanced speed, strength, durability and recuperative abilities; medical doctor and Legion support staff member

Uncanny Amazers

Radion, Roy Travich of Earth (Italy and Madagascar); flight and emission of radiation

Reserve Legionnaires (Concurrent Legion Cadets) - Partial List

Amp, Ming Sul of Earth (Korea); amplifies the natural abilities of self and others
Catspaw, April Dumaka of Earth (Tanzania); enhanced agility, speed and claws
Crystal Kid, Bobb Kohan of Earth (Brazil and Peru); crystal generation and manipulation
Density, Jed Rikane of Earth (Mongolia and Nepal); controls his body's density; increasing his density grants a degree of strength and durability
Dragonwing, Marya Pai of Earth (Singapore and Tibet); breathes fire and secretes acid venom
Echo, Troy Stewart of Earth (South Africa); sound manipulation
Gravity, Tel Vole of Earth (Cambodia and Thailand); gravity manipulation
Lamprey, Tayla Skott of Earth (Maldives and Palau); underwater survival; hydrokinesis
Porcupine Pete, Peter Dursin of Earth (Jamaica); ejects quills from his body
Vision, Rhent Ustin of Earth (Egypt); microscopic, telescopic, heat, freeze, and hypnotic vision

Honorary Legionnaires and Legion Support Staff

Hannah Wells of Earth (France and Mali); reporter and Legion media liaison
Lori Morning of 20th century Earth (USA); RJ Brande's adopted daughter
Marla Latham of Earth (Germany and Sweden); Legion adult advisor
Rond Vidar of Earth (Iran); skilled scientist specializing in time studies
Shvaughn Erin of Earth (Ireland); Science police captain and Legion Liaison Officer

I also took the liberty of establishing that Karate Kid's home, Omega Colony, was colonized by Japan.

Karate Kid, Val Armorr of Omega Colony (Earth colony: Japan); skilled martial artist

Some of these characters have two countries; their parents came from these different countries.

I wanted to do the same for Xanthu, seeing as how we have so many characters from there... but I don't feel up to creating an entire geography for Xanthu just yet!

Last edited by Invisible Brainiac; 02/27/16 06:33 PM.
Invisible Brainiac #888328 02/27/16 06:03 PM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
That's great IB, glad to see Australia gets a nod with Lyle laugh

I get what you mean about starting on Xanthu...a while ago I was thinking of doing Winath, maybe if I had an extra couple days in the week wink

Invisible Brainiac #888330 02/27/16 06:27 PM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Thanks raz! Glad to hear from you again re my work, hope you're all caught up smile I wanted to cover as many modern-day countries as I could, and something about Lyle just screams Australia smile

yeah, world-building is tough isn't it? And too many worlds to really deep-dive into!

Invisible Brainiac #888332 02/27/16 07:02 PM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
Originally Posted by Invisible Brainiac
something about Lyle just screams Australia smile

Must be the headband wink

[Linked Image]

Page 21 of 49 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 48 49

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,012
Posts1,044,280
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Joe Kalicki
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Jinx
Jinx
Where EDE hangs his nelly li'l Green Arrow Cap!
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star