Roll Call
1 members (Sarcasm Kid, Sarcasm Kid), 22 Murran Spies, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Sarcasm Kid - 04/19/24 10:08 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by idle - 04/19/24 08:52 PM
Kill This Thread L - Half a Century
by Ann Hebistand - 04/19/24 05:14 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 04/19/24 11:59 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/19/24 01:49 AM
Kill This Thread XLIX - We're Getting Old
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/18/24 02:08 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/17/24 03:44 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
Re: first time post from chris batista
#364007 08/12/11 11:41 AM
G
Active
Active
G
Ok, I ask that you don't get offended by my terrible bluntness, and I realize you may not be able to answer this question... But:
Is "Secret Origin" going to be used to give us any clue what-so-ever as to the differences in continuity between this version of the LSH and the Original LSH it is strongly based on? Or, is it solely to retcon in this dark secret mentioned in the solisitation?

#364008 08/16/11 01:05 AM
C
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
C
Far as I can tell it's not going to be vastly different. It will definetly be far more serious and less silly. Keep in mind I love those old stories. THere is going to be more of a why there there is a Legion......

#364009 08/17/11 02:30 PM
G
Active
Active
G
Umm... So, 'solely to retcon in this dark secret mentioned in the solisitation' is pretty much the purpose. And, we'll be left hanging yet again as to what is still/again in continuity for the new version of the Legion coming out of this 'reboot'? Despite this mini being the perfect opportunity to settle continuity issues and answer questions unanswered since the current version of the Legion appeared in 'The Lightning Saga'?

#364010 08/17/11 02:54 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Chris, this is probably a question that is obvious from the solicits but I figured I'd ask anyway (since you're awesome), but is Phantom Girl going to play a big part in this mini?

#364011 08/18/11 07:19 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Iam Legion:
Umm... So, 'solely to retcon in this dark secret mentioned in the solisitation' is pretty much the purpose. And, we'll be left hanging yet again as to what is still/again in continuity for the new version of the Legion coming out of this 'reboot'? Despite this mini being the perfect opportunity to settle continuity issues and answer questions unanswered since the current version of the Legion appeared in 'The Lightning Saga'?
Wow Iam Legion! Your precognitive abilities must be stronger than Dream Girl's for you to know what the sole purpose of this mini is and how it's going to handle continuity issues months before it's even been released.

You're welcome to your opinion of whether you think you'll like it or not but why don't you wait until you've actually read it before criticising it's content?

As much as it pains me to say this, as a DCU continuity fan, there's no point in even trying to resolve continuity problems in the DCnU anyway. All the old continuity seems to be out the window in this rebooted/reimagined/relaunched/re-whatever-they're-calling-it universe anyway.

The Reboot costumes on the Preboot characters should be a big clue toward that.

#364012 08/18/11 08:21 AM
G
Active
Active
G
Originally posted by Blacula:
[QUOTE]Wow Iam Legion! Your precognitive abilities must be stronger than Dream Girl's for you to know what the sole purpose of this mini is and how it's going to handle continuity issues months before it's even been released.
I really suggest you re-read the conversation since you seem to have missed important parts of it.
I asked a question of Mr. Batista:
Is "Secret Origin" going to be used to give us any clue what-so-ever as to the differences in continuity between this version of the LSH and the Original LSH it is strongly based on? Or, is it solely to retcon in this dark secret mentioned in the solisitation?
To which he (kindly) replied:
THere is going to be more of a why there there is a Legion...
But said nothing of my question about reconciling the many continuity issues that currently exist or the ones that will likely exist in September once Superman and Supergirl's histories are once again changed.
So you see, I made no predictions what-so-ever. Niether did I claim to have any predictive powers. Nor did I criticize unknown content, I criticized what Mr. Batista indicated IS the content. So, I responded to the answer I was given with my conclusion and if you would note, I also added a few questions for clarification or negation of the conclusion I had reached due to the response given by some one involved in the actual work. I know it is only an opinion. As you said, I am entitled to mine as you are to yours.
Mr. Batista is of course more than welcome to correct my conclusion if he wishes and finds it necessary to.

#364013 08/18/11 08:38 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
^ Let's take this to PM.

#364014 08/18/11 08:41 AM
G
Active
Active
G
Already sent you one after posting this. So, let's.

#364015 08/18/11 09:51 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Blacula:
Originally posted by Iam Legion:
[b] Umm... So, 'solely to retcon in this dark secret mentioned in the solisitation' is pretty much the purpose. And, we'll be left hanging yet again as to what is still/again in continuity for the new version of the Legion coming out of this 'reboot'? Despite this mini being the perfect opportunity to settle continuity issues and answer questions unanswered since the current version of the Legion appeared in 'The Lightning Saga'?
As much as it pains me to say this, as a DCU continuity fan, there's no point in even trying to resolve continuity problems in the DCnU anyway. All the old continuity seems to be out the window in this rebooted/reimagined/relaunched/re-whatever-they're-calling-it universe anyway.
[/b]
It's the "NottaBoot" wink

Hopefully LSH fistory won't be changed overmuch.

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#364016 08/18/11 10:59 AM
G
Active
Active
G
And so, Volume 7 of the Legion of Super-Heroes offically becomes known as the NottaBoot Legion. Cool! nod

#364017 08/18/11 11:04 AM
G
Active
Active
G
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Hopefully LSH fistory won't be changed overmuch.
Oh my! Is there something about the Legion I didn't know? Is it going to be part of the DCnU's new Adult Imprint? Or was that just a Freudian Slip?
*sorry, couldn't resist*
*ok, didn't really try to either*

#364018 08/18/11 11:14 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
As is commonly known, when referencing an event in the Legion's history, the more correct term is "fistory", short for future history. smile

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#364019 08/18/11 11:31 AM
G
Active
Active
G
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight. nod

#364020 08/18/11 11:35 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
lol Well I do hope this ORIGINS miniseries doesn't alter our beloved LSH fistory into something unrecognizable...

If, for instance, the cellular trim ray or dupli-writing stylus or Brain Globes of Rambat are eliminated from fistory, I will be space-inconsolable (which, as is commonly known, is the futuristic version of present-day inconsolable).

#364021 08/18/11 11:52 AM
G
Active
Active
G
How much more 'unrecognizable' can it get from the Three-boot version? I am just hoping that whatever it may be, that some of the questions about what is or is not in continuity for this new version will be answered along the way of telling the story of "why there there is a Legion". Guess the answer to that question will start being answered in October if we don't find out from other sources sooner.

#364022 08/19/11 09:46 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
For the record, creators can't/don't come to forums to answer specific questions regarding projects that have yet to be published. So, I expect everyone to acknowledge that fact by not putting them in awkward situations or expecting answers they aren't going to receive.

I do appreciate that Chris stops by here and gives a few hints now and then. Thanks Chris!

#364023 08/19/11 10:10 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by Chris Batista:
they are for the most part, updates of their classic suits. I think Cockrum did the best costumes period!
I can see you are a man with superb taste!

I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.
#364024 08/19/11 01:07 PM
G
Active
Active
G
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
For the record, creators can't/don't come to forums to answer specific questions regarding projects that have yet to be published. So, I expect everyone to acknowledge that fact by not putting them in awkward situations or expecting answers they aren't going to receive.
I do appreciate that Chris stops by here and gives a few hints now and then. Thanks Chris!
First: I want to say that Mr. Batista has done a rare and wonderful thing by coming here and posting at all. Not all creators would take the time or make the effort. He is to be applauded (loudly and vigorously) for doing so.

I'll end it (and my participation in this thread) at that.

#364025 08/21/11 02:25 AM
C
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
C
I am not sure how big her role is but she will be prominent in the series. She does more than the founders do in the first issue

#364026 08/21/11 06:04 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I love the idea of a spotlight on Tinya!
nod

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
Chris Batista #838055 02/07/15 02:42 PM
More Polyanna than Poison Ivy
Hey, Chris, I don't know if you still hang around here, but I heard about the recent bunch of Legion of Super-Heroes proposals, and was wondering if one of them came from you.

Read LEGIONS OF 7 WORLDS in the Bits forum:

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 1 (COMPLETED)

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 2 (WORK IN PROGRESS)

"Don't look for role models, girls, BE the role model."

- Legion World member HARBINGER
Chris Batista #899573 06/12/16 09:36 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Fanny, what did you hear? I'd love to know..

Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!
Chris Batista #899592 06/12/16 11:39 AM
Rick, I regret to say that I found out very little of substance, and there hasn't, to my knowledge, been anything since, beyond the Jonathan Hickman rumor (Gods, please have that turn out to be a red herring.) But here's links to what I did find out back then:

Here's the first of the relevant posts:

http://www.legionworld.net/forums/ubbthr...true#Post838053

And here, scroll down to Dave Hackett's post:

http://www.legionworld.net/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=786308&page=15

Chris Batista #899597 06/12/16 11:51 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Thanks Fanny. The first link didn't work but I got some of the second.

Legion seems to work best when you've got one guiding light behind it, or a committee, which I usually disfavor. But I must admit that having a crazy co-conspirator or two has benefited the team before.

Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!
Chris Batista #899718 06/13/16 05:33 AM
Hey, Rick, I did some searching, and I found the stuff from the first link. I'm copying and pasting it here. These posts are from early February 2015:

Originally Posted by Sarcasm Kid
from what I've been told, Dan Didio's seen like 8 different Legion proposals so far.

I think Didio wants something that's as futuristic as the Legion is supposed to be while focusing on younger Legionnaires. Apparently Paul's last series was a bit outdated by Didio's taste.

Li'l Rhino has suggested doing something like an old timey future Legion like they were in the Silver Age. I've suggested a blend of future aesthetics.

And personally, I'm all for young Legionnaires as the focus... but keep the older Legionnaires. Why not focus on XS and Kinetix?

Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,018
Posts1,044,859
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Renly Fox
Renly Fox
Captain's Cabin
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star