Roll Call
1 members (Eryk Davis Ester), 16 Murran Spies, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread L - Half a Century
by Ann Hebistand - 04/19/24 05:14 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 04/19/24 11:59 AM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/19/24 11:13 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/19/24 01:49 AM
Kill This Thread XLIX - We're Getting Old
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/18/24 02:08 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/17/24 03:44 AM
The thread that ate _____ !
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/17/24 03:44 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: I DISCOVERED MY TRUE IDENTITY! Also, AU Legion
XRay Russ #872916 10/18/15 06:13 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
And let's just say that Chuck and Condo started out as non-powered in the Reboot... wink

I, on the other hand, will be totally watching out for your next bios! Especially interested to see what you've done with Zoe, Jazmin, Brainy and Gates!

XRay Russ #872983 10/19/15 12:17 PM
Rejected Substitute Reservist
Brainy and Gates I didn't change much from their Reboot personas (why mess with perfection? wink ) and Zoe has more shades of Reboot Vi/Tinya, as my 'Atom Girl' is less wallflowery for...reasons I'll get to smile . Speaking of Condo! This one came about after speaking with a friend about my little project and characters I was working on. I explained some of Chemical King's story and showed her his Secret Origin issue, and she said that she saw a lot of her experience transitioning to female in Condo's story. I thought that an young transgendered heroine was a great idea, and what better place than the Legion? With that said, here she is:

[Linked Image]

Chemical Queen - Cayda Arlick of Phlon

Cayda was born to a young bio-scientist couple on Phlon, a small colony left over from the "planetary seed" era of Terran Expansion in the 23rd Century. When the doctor almost went into diabetic shock delivering her, and the assisting android rusted straight through, it became pretty clear that the Arlick's child was not typical. Once stabilized and examined, it was discovered the child could speed up or slow down any applicable chemical reaction, and the Arlicks did their best to try and raise their kid, but the situation was looking dire...

Until the arrival of RJ Brande. His associate, Dr. Gym'll, had heard of the Arlick child's condition through a mutual friend, and RJ was in the process of starting up the Brand Meta-Institute when word reached him. The Arlicks were happy to send their child somewhere more suited, and the young child was brought to Mars to be the first ward of the Meta-Institute.

First, but not only. Soon a bright young chemist named Lyle Norg was brought in to do some work at the Meta-Institute, after exposing himself to an invisibility serum of his own making. The pair became fast friends, and the young Phlonian opened up to Lyle not only about their powers, but their feelings of discomfort. The early friendship and help from the Meta-Institute convinced the kid to try and become more comfortable with herself, and Condo Arlick began to transition to Cayda Arlick a year or so before Lyle began working in earnest as a spy for Earthgov. While she missed her closest friend, Cayda made new friends in her fellow institute wards Drake Burroughs and Myke-4 Astor, and the trio helped the Legion reign in two potential Institute wards-an enormous monster named Validus and a Durlan with the ability to copy metahuman traits-alongside the recently revived Superlass and Superlad.

The Meta-Institute crew joined the young Legion, and Cayda joined as Chemical Queen. Finding fast friends in the likes of Jan and Andy, Cayda was still closest to Lyle, and while she'd certainly like to be closer than just friends, that boldness has never been in her nature. It may take a big push to get her to figure out her feelings...

"I weighed the odds of this working versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid and, well, I did it anyway,"

- Crow T. Robot
XRay Russ #872991 10/19/15 01:09 PM
[Linked Image]

Ferrous Lad - Andrew Nolan of Korzon 5

Sometimes genetics have more of a say than we'd like. Son of a famous Winathian actress Nanci Solarburst and a fairly notorious smuggler, Andy was exposed to Braalian Walking Rust when he was born. A more or less dead disease from Braal's early days, a distant Braalian ancestor in Andy's lineage meant he was susceptible, and he began experiencing symptoms at a young age...before he turned into an indestructible iron isotope, his condition apparently activating his metagene as well. Neither of their parents prepared for these situations, Andy and his sister Darlene were dropped off at an orphanage on the rough settler world Korzon 5 on the edge of space between the United Planets and the Khundian Empire. Andy and his sister grew up with resource raids and border skirmishes as common occurrences, and after Darlene left Andy's behavior became a little more self-destructive.

While originally tapped as Korzon 5's draft into the Legion, the draft came a one of the highest points of hostilities between the world and local Khunds in the system. Due to some clerical errors in information, it was months before the Legion figured out that they were ostensibly missing a member due to a dream Nura Schnappin had, and when they did they arrived en masse in the Korzon system the Legion realized they'd flown directly into a warzone.

After assisting Andy in repelling the forces of Krugg, the local Battlemistress of the Cluster, The Legion offered the teenager his original spot on the Legion and he accepted. He almost immediately became close friends with Drake "Anti-Matter Lad" Burroughs, and the pair often jokingly referred to themselves as the "Gruesome Twosome".

"I weighed the odds of this working versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid and, well, I did it anyway,"

- Crow T. Robot
XRay Russ #873131 10/20/15 07:00 PM
Deputy
Deputy
N.S.B.L. i love the idea of Sussa being renamed Ms.MEdusa and her leading her own gang of sisters. There's a lot of story potential there.
It will be interesting to see how your Legion deals with having her and her fellow former prisoners as teammates.

Chemical Queen is a great twist and the unrequited love triangle of her, lyle and Jaques is a story i'd like to see play out.

Andy's story is a good one. The lost Legionnaire comes into the fold. I like the way you have him gain his power. Disease isn't a normal cause. Plus an Eradicated one that showcase where his family comes from is great use of history.

Looking forward to more.

read the adventures of the Reboot Legion!

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001232
XRay Russ #873134 10/20/15 08:43 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Gruesome Twosome! I like that.

I remember a Korzon 5 being mentioned in the Reboot era, nice that you're using it. Did it also exist Preboot?

A transgender Legionnaire! I like that twist for Chemical King/Queen.

Invisible Brainiac #873267 10/22/15 10:05 AM
Thank you so much to Omni and IB for the feedback!

Originally Posted by Omni
Andy's story is a good one. The lost Legionnaire comes into the fold. I like the way you have him gain his power. Disease isn't a normal cause. Plus an Eradicated one that showcase where his family comes from is great use of history.

Thanks a lot, Omni! Andy means a lot to me as a character, so I was really nervous about how he came out: I wanted someone who was a 'mutt'-a sort of child of the melting pot that is the galaxy, similar to the different heritages that many Americans have now-and I also wanted to get away from having so many Legionnaires from Earth (it's a big galaxy, and there's no need to focus entirely on Earth!) and Andy felt like a good fit; he wears the mask not to hid an ugly visage, cause the Reboot said it best: what's 'ugly' with so many different species with so many different beliefs about aesthetics? That being said, the mask and what it can mean is still a huge part of his character, so no he wears it to help keep his condition in check.

I love the idea of Sussa being renamed Ms. Medusa and her leading her own gang of sisters. There's a lot of story potential there. It will be interesting to see how your Legion deals with having her and her fellow former prisoners as teammates.

The Sisters (named after the gorgon sisters of myth) will contain a few familiar faces, like Cherry Bomb, and I look forward to playing with them a lot!

Originally Posted by Invisible Brainiac
Gruesome Twosome! I like that.

Thanks, IB! A version of this Andy is about to be intro'd in the Legacy Legion game I play, and the player of Drake and myself look forward to portraying the pair like this smile

I remember a Korzon 5 being mentioned in the Reboot era, nice that you're using it. Did it also exist Preboot?

Not that I recall, but I chose it based on my memory of it being a 'further out' world that got knocked out early by the Blight, though it's entirely possible I'm not remembering it correctly.

Chemical Queen is a great twist and the unrequited love triangle of her, lyle and Jaques is a story i'd like to see play out.

A transgender Legionnaire! I like that twist for Chemical King/Queen.

Thank you both so much for this!!! I admit to being worried to how some would take it, as I got some 'static' on it from some older comic fans I asked for feedback on early in the process.

- Crow T. Robot
XRay Russ #873269 10/22/15 10:13 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Re Korzon 5, I also remember it as one of the worlds entwined by the Blight.

Re Chemical Queen, it's a major change but again, I don't see why not as you are working in your own reality.

XRay Russ #873276 10/22/15 11:23 AM
[Linked Image]

Matter-Eater Lad - Tenzil Kem of Bismoll

The world of Bismoll is known for two things: it's inhabitants ability to consume any and all matter save for Inertron and the toxic organic food of their own planet, and their nigh-impenetrable and corrupt and extravagant government. The Bismollian Senate registers in the thousands of members from different provinces or private interests on Bismoll, and is infamous throughout the United Planets for its graft and bribery and even assassinations. Politicians who manage to survive and thrive in the system are considered minor celebrities of their world, and among these few are as well known by Bismoll as Mitz and Rall Kem. While Mitz is considered more of an outside reformer and Rall a master of the bloated status quo, the Kem's children are not factored into this equation: their oldest son, Renkil, overdosed on Neon years ago and has been hidden away in a care facility ever since.

And then there's Tenzil.

Cut-up. Slacker. Embarrassment. Tenzil had quite a reputation for coloring outside the lines of Bismollian society with his antics long before his father finally shipped him off to work in the Diplomatic Office of Bismoll's UP Representative. As fate would have it, however, this meant Tenzil was present when terrorists attempted to wipe out the U.P. Main Assembly, and Tenzil worked closely with the Imskian former YouthCorps soldier Salu 'Violet' Digby-soon to be Atom Girl-during the fracas. When R.J. Brande approached the collection of teens who saved the U.P. and suggested the Legion of Superheroes, Tenzil quickly agreed, and "Matter-Eater Lad" soon gained an (in)famous reputation as one of the most publicly engaged Legionnaires, much to the chagrin of his Father.

While known galactically for his cavalier attitude and quirky sense of humor, few are more dedicated to the ideals the Legion protects than Tenzil. Between getting kicked out of Skinbars and altercations with the more conservative members of the United Planet's council, Tenzil works with the Public Relations department Brande built for the Legion, and makes nearly as many charitable appearances as he does missions with the team. While he's been close to Violet since the beginning, only time will tell if the two can get out of their own ways enough to ever act on their feelings...

- Crow T. Robot
Invisible Brainiac #873283 10/22/15 11:41 AM
Re Korzon 5, I also remember it as one of the worlds entwined by the Blight.

Re Chemical Queen, it's a major change but again, I don't see why not as you are working in your own reality.

Glad I remembered it at least someone correctly! smile

And it was a big change, but I think one for the better, as it's helped me ground a lot of who she is moreso than I saw in a lot of Condo's previous iterations.

- Crow T. Robot
XRay Russ #873313 10/22/15 05:56 PM
[Linked Image]

Power Girl - Laurel Gand of Daxam

Daxam, an ancient colony of the lost Krypton, has been less than entirely enthused with the United Planets flourishing around it. Insular and xenophobic by nature, the eventual slight moves towards integration for trade and tech left many Daxamites bitter at their planetary government, and those who most felt like this was a betrayal to "outside impurities" went on to form the White Triangle, a large separatist group who massed on the the lesser populated southern hemisphere of Daxam, preaching the importance of separation and the purity of their Kryptonian ancestry.

For generations the planet Daxam inched bit by bit closer to being truly a member of the galactic community, and bit by bit the White Triangle became more reactionary and aggressive. Members of the organization had integrated themselves into the Planetary Government secretly, and when the Legion of Superheroes came onto the scene with Superlad and Superlass, the leader of the White Triangle and member of Daxam's ruling council, Roxxas Gand, decided the time was right and proposed a Daxamite representative in the Legion.

Enter Laurel Gand, niece to Roxxas and daughter of Eltro Gand. Raised in a White Triangle Village, the brusque young woman was born without the typical lead vulnerability found in her people, and responded to the idea of representing her people in a group of aliens and Non-Daxamites with only minor anxiety and disgust. Upon her arrival, it seemed the only friends she could make were Mona Zor-El and Dev-Em, though others tried. The most spectacular failure had to be between her and Brainiac 5, and the pair almost seemed to seek one another out to argue.

Even from the start, with the rocky inroads she tried to make with her teammates, and even after the mysterious destruction of Trom near the Daxam system, she had no idea what her uncle had planned: working with Superlad, Roxxas Gand had secured Kandorian-made anti-lead serum to distribute to his White Triangle followers. Along with the Daxamites, Dev-Em hoped to totally pacify the United Planets and dedicate its resources to locating and restoring Kandor and starting a new Golden Age of Krypton and its Daxamite ancestors on the backs of the United Planets. Her father Eltro managed to convince Laurel to go along with the initial attack, and Laurel along with Dev-Em managed to get a small Daxamite strike team into the Legion's base undetected.

After several of her teammates were maimed in the initial attack, Laurel attempted to turn against the White Triangle but was beaten by Superlad in one on one combat and taken prisoner along with the rest of the Legion. In their confines a few of the Legionnaires decided to try and work with her to escape and stop the Daxamite invasion, and Brainiac 5 discovered that the lost composition known as Kryptonite should not only disable Dev-Em, but should nullify the anti-lead serum used on the Daxamites.

While Jan Arrah and Brainy worked to synthesize Kryptonite based on ancient records and formulas, Laurel held off Eltro, Roxxas, and Dev-Em alongside Superlass and a few others. The Legion managed to defeat the invasion, but Laurel was near death. Only with Brainy's intervention and a desperate use of a Kryptonite-based serum did Laurel survive. While Brande was sympathetic to Laurel's assistance, her role in the attack couldn't be ignored, and Laurel was moved to an anonymous cell on Takron-Galtos once she was healthy enough.

But the Daughter of Daxam is not done with her role in the Legion just yet...

- Crow T. Robot
XRay Russ #873943 10/27/15 12:10 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Matter Eater Lad is a good guy in every reality and here you make him even more like able.

Power Girl and the White Triangle Saga plays out so differently and i love it. great twists using Dev-me and Power Girl as traitors. Its a full scale invasion and it works well. i can;t wait to see the implications it has for Daxam and Power Girl

read the adventures of the Reboot Legion!

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001232
XRay Russ #875010 11/04/15 02:07 PM
[Linked Image]

Galaxy Girl - Shikari Dawnstar of Thanagarrus

Thanagar has not had the easiest time of it in the past few centuries. Between the destruction of their original homeworld by the Nthermancer, to their devastating battles with Rann/Almerac/Tamaran/ in the infamous New Settler Wars in the 24th Century, to their ongoing and sometimes violent issues with their sister race the Reniians. Thankfully the past hundred years or so have been kind to their adopted home planet Thanagarrus, and the Thanagarians have developed into taciturn and hawkish defenders of the United Planets and have a strong reputation for Regulators, Sci-Cops, and other peacekeepers.

When the call went out for draftees for the Legion of Superheroes, Thanagarrus immediately suggested Shikari Dawnstar, a young mutant of their planet who was able not only to survive in the vacuum unaided, but also made a name for herself even with her young age by being able to track quantum signatures across vast distances. While Shikari was not the happiest with the assignment, she agreed: taking the codename 'Galaxy Girl', she refused however to leave the vestments of her honored position behind and wore her hawk-wings and helmet to represent her planet in the Legion.

As time went on with the organization, Shikari's aloof exterior eventually began to thaw, as she stopped thinking of her teammates more as co-workers and fellow warriors as she did friends. Even after the truth of her ancestry was revealed, Shikari found strength with the Legion, and it surprised everyone when she was one of the first to volunteer to assist with the founding of the Legion Academy...

- Crow T. Robot
XRay Russ #875130 11/05/15 01:49 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Nice bios for Tenzil, Laurel and Kari! Love your unique take on their histories and personalities, melding elements from different realities.

XRay Russ #914019 10/23/16 09:32 AM
I RETURN!!! (work ain't blocking a lotta sites anymore and has finally calmed down enough for me to fiddle with stuff again) and onto the stuff!

[Linked Image]

AUTOMATIC LAD - 1-45ENG ('Babbage') of Robotica
Powers: Auto-adaptational physiology

The Sentience Uprising (it's official name in the history tracks; those less likely to sympathize with the Roboticans will still refer to it as things like "the Machine Wars", "The Robot Wars", etc.) started at nearly the same moment on almost a hundred planets in 2776. This was the time of the Cosmic Confederacy, a more trade-based and isolated forerunner to the United Planets that formed from the ashes of the Second Magic Reich of The Unknown Wizard, a time where there was just enough inter-connectivity that the artificial and synthetic beings created by the individual cultures were able to communicate and coordinate. Whole communications networks based on AIs locked down. Labor Units knitted together with Group Processors rose up. Synthorgs-beings meant to replicate organics closer in form-ripped off their artificial skincovers and took to the streets. Whole Tech-Armies shut down their warforms and refused to respond save to inhibit organics trying to dismantle them. The Cosmic Confederacy nearly went dark, plunged centuries back in turns of tech and infrastructure.

Most people would like to forget that the first few standard cycles of the Uprising were actually more or less peaceful; other than the chaos their inaction was causing, the Roboticans (a name they had chosen to best relate their other-ness while still remaining identifiable to the organics) wished to speak at once to a full assembly of the Confederacy. It wasn't until the Seven Second Strike, a collected effort by concerned citizens (slicers and hackers and engineers and etc) to run a massively powerful Virtual Shutdown through the surviving AI networks that managed to completely wipe several of the stronger Artificial Minds from existence, that the Uprising truly became a war.

The Bionically Integrated OverNetwork, or BION, became a historical fact at this moment. Designed by Terran scientist Teslarama Morrow is a synthesis of biological stem cells and adaptable nanites, BION became the leader of the Roboticans and a nightmare for those looking to oppose it. Some say BION was on ice until that moment, released as a rational response by the Robotican High Minds. Others say it was pleasant and charming soul until it lost a Unit in the Seven Second Strike that it had grown quite affectionate towards. None, however, argue about its actions. Leading WarFrames and Industrial 'Mechs and Exo-Armors into battle after battle, world after world like a general on horseback in an old movie, BION crippled over half the Confederate planets in mere standard cycles. It seemed organics were a few Terran years from utter defeat at their self-made destroyers.

Until The Human Night arrived. A secretive organization based in old science-clubs and academies on Earth, The Human Night became the organized resistance the organics needed to push back. Arming themselves with weapons that couldn't be remote controlled or compensated for and using communication technologies they were designing on chalkboards that would be simple enough to not require AIs to run but powerful enough that they could reach out to trillions of organic beings on hundreds of stations and planets, The Human Night put technology back in the hands of those that had crafted it. The resistance went on for years until a team of intrepid adventurers, their origins shrouded in mystery, managed to defeat BION on behalf of The Human Night and all other organic sentients.

The war was over. The Confederates finally managed to sit with the Robotican HighMinds and, with a host of Coluan Arbiters, managed to reach what would come to be known as the Robotican Accords: a host of rules and guidelines for the development and treatment of non-organic intelligence that would span the galaxy, along with similar rules on organic life's treatment by any synthetic lifeforms. The Roboticans agreed to sequester themselves in the J-Smith System, home of a Red Giant and hundreds of moons and gas giants and planetoids, for a period of no less than 100 standard cycles and afterwards whenever they saw fit to reintegrate into galactic society. Almost as quickly as they had started their bid for freedom, the synthetic lifeforms removed themselves from the Confederate planets and were not seen again for some time.

But they did not remain still or quiet in J-Smith. Nor did they remain still. The Roboticans had a society to build.

The Roboticans got to work almost immediately turning the J-Smith system into their own. Massive workers guided by advanced artificial foremen carved and fashioned cities in a flash, WarForms took more manageable bodies while those built to mimic organics took forms that made them more comfortable. The First Digital Congress met while the work to form their system was being done, trying to come up with rules and guidelines for their own complicated populous. During this time the Wireless Governors-intelligent individuals that while not as advanced as the bodiless AIs but nonetheless capable of organizing less capable Roboticans-were indispensable, serving to keep the different units and runtimes working and provided for while the Digital Congress worked to codify the Robotican systems. The Governors were often administrators back in the Confederacy, or former military/civilian peacekeeping units, and their philosophy of allowing growth to come from experience, rather than external upgrades, became very popular on the developing cities and databanks of J-Smith. While there was plenty of resistance from the more aggressive High Minds or Collected Consciousnesses, there was also a lot of support from those bodiless units that had worked closest with BION, as the Wireless Governor philosophy developing into the “Artificial Naturalism” movement was very similar to the now gone Robotican commander’s worldview.

It wasn’t until HARDAC-9, a Terran High Mind utterly resistant to Artificial Naturalism, made a move that the disagreement became violent. The Terran High Mind used the Networked, an enormous number of simpler units designed to slave their systems to a more powerful intelligence for large projects like reconstruction, and HARDAC-9 along with like-minded units struck out at the fledgling Robotican Society. The Wireless Governors worked quickly with the remaining members of the Digital Congress, and what followed was a blessedly short civil war. In the end, HARDAC-9 and the other Roboticans that wished to advance as quickly as they could manage met a deal: they would travel into Deep Space, towards the Universal Core and into the dark regions between the galaxies, where they could evolve in peace and away from any organic beings or opposing synthetic viewpoints. The System of Robotica entered what many of its members would call its Golden Age.

“Golden”, however, should not be construed as “Quiet”. Many of the more powerful units from the war called for a strike against the organics that had spawned them, now that they had time to prepare and the Confederacy had time to forget. Others designed and created in controlled Species Propagation Programs, not around during the Civil War, wanted to seek HARDAC-9 and his followers for the chance to evolve into minds unfettered by matter. Still more were concerned that some Wireless Governors may have been corrupt or abusing their power. Others objected to semi-sentient robots being created to deal with menial collation or physical labor, feeling that they were on the same path the organics had stumbled down. With the power of communication and the Digital Congress, however, many of these demands were met with strong but fair compromises: the former Confederate planets would be scouted and scanned but only by the most careful margins, any being wishing to join the pilgrims could use their last known telemetry to track them but would be held to the same standard as those that had originally left, UnderUnits would be designed specifically to never develop independent thought, etc.

When the time came that Robotica could again establish contact with the outside galaxy, the Confederacy was gone and there was concern about making contact amid such turmoil. However several years ago, when the United Planets went from fledgling organization to real galactic powerhouse, it was decided that contact could be made. Urthlo, a former lieutenant of BION and a long standing and respected Wireless Governor, was chosen as the First Robotican Ambassador, and made contact with the United Planets nearly 30 years before the Legion formed. The Roboticans are now an Associated Member (not a full signer, but a related and friendly system) to the United Planets. Both UP and Robotica seem shy about full integration, and old hatreds and bigotries still burn in a few on either side of the line, but nevertheless work is being done for organic and synthetic to coexist peacefully.

This is all prelude for the young Unit 1-45ENG, who petitioned Urthlo over and over and over for the rights to apply for Legion Membership. Having formed its proto-cognition on the history of those like Red Tornado and other robotic heroes of the galaxy's history and was actually cited by its home planet's CivilNet more than once for acts in line with classical vigilantism.

An excited but nervous soul, Unit 1-45ENG chose the 'nickname' of "Babbage" and approached the Legion during the time where several planets and systems were petitioning to have their champions included. The soft-spoken Robotican drew far more than its share of raised eyebrows, but managed to help out immensely with the Antares System's SuperGang tried to take the Legion hostage by sending in its top fighters under the guise of recruits. Making quick friends with Reep Daggle and even Brainiac 5 (not to mention nerding out with Cosmic Boy over The Galactic Superhero History), Babbage quickly became an indispensable Legionnaire as it continued its quest to learn more and more and more about the Galaxy it's only now getting to explore.

- Crow T. Robot
XRay Russ #914021 10/23/16 10:49 AM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
Don't know how I managed to miss this thread. Soon to be rectified, and it gives me a chance to give a non Shout Box welcome back to NSBL/X-Ray Russ!

"...not having to believe in a thing to be interested in it and not having to explain a thing to appreciate the wonder of it."
XRay Russ #914022 10/23/16 10:57 AM
much obliged, and please any feedback on anything at all is more than welcome! I've been so stoked the Legion is coming back and planning with the Legion Legacy group over on dreamwidth that it's had me firing a lotta creative cylinders again smile

- Crow T. Robot
XRay Russ #914224 10/25/16 09:02 PM
So I've been fiddling more with my AU overall, and some stuff has changed, so I thought I'd post a new group picture!

[Linked Image]

The biggest difference is probably trying to change up some of the more stock races from "Space White People" on some of the members: Braalians I thought could have a sort of metallic sheen to their complexion, while with Brek I figured the Tharrians may have internalized some of that 'ice' look; in Imra's case I have Titan actually a conglomorated society of the Red and White Saturnians from the Jemm, Son of Saturn comics, along with the Faceless Hunters from Green Lantern and other DC stories who are established to come from a sub-atomic world/dimension near Saturn. The Trommites, if you noticed the Metamorpho-esque coloration on Jan, are an older race in this universe and the Orb of Ra that fell to Earth long ago and ended up empowering Metamorpho is actually one of their old relics.

There have been other big changes as well, like Tyroc and Ultra Boy, but I can hit those in their individual bios smile

- Crow T. Robot
XRay Russ #914366 10/28/16 11:30 AM
[Linked Image]

Myke-4 Astor of Calish-Aetia
Powers: Sound control

Myke-4 could've been a victim or a villain in so many different times, but is a hero in this one. Born on the Khundian borderworld of Calish-Aetia to enslaved laborers, Myke-4 showed a metahuman power over sound at a young age, and was taken by the Khunds to be part of one of their Meta-Battalions. Experimented on with a group of similarly aged children by the Khundian scientist Vyle, Myke-4 was altered so drastically he required a breathing mask to function, and lost so many friends that he finally lead a coup against Vyle and her guards. The Legion intervened-one of Vyle's captives was a childhood friend of Drake Burroughs-and after the dust settled and Myke-4 could be treated for his powers and injuries at the Brande Institute, he was offered membership in the Legion.

While seeming to many a very taciturn young man, a lot of that seemed to stem from first impressions; Myke-4 was actually a very observant and keen-minded young man, and displayed a deeply caring soul and a very dry sense of humor. Making friends like Val and Cham, Myke-4 never stopped fighting the Khunds really, constantly speaking with U.P. representatives about the importance of liberating worlds and slaves of the Empire. When it came to missions, he often working as one of the "big guns" of Lyle's Espionage Squad, as Myke-4's power lent itself as well to stealth as it did battle. Through his early life dealing with slavery and experimentation, Myke-4 had very little in the way of social skills, and thus bonded with Catalyst Queen and Element Lad who were similarly dealing with a much larger life than the ones of their youths.

Sadly, Myke-4 was seemingly lost forever in battle with the Infinite Man, when the mad demigod tried to activate the ancient and eldritch space station built to eat time called the Chronal Howitzer. Attuning his powers to the same frequency as the station and the Infinite Man, all three seemed to shake themselves from existence, and the Legion mourned the quiet young man with the power to shake mountains.

- Crow T. Robot
XRay Russ #914733 11/01/16 09:11 AM
[Linked Image]

Sound Sorcerer - Tyroc of Marzal
Powers: Vocalized magic

Sooooo Tyroc is hard, without heavily revisiting his backstory, so I did, and combined it with one of my favorite things: integrating more established DC Fun Space Stuff into the Legion!

Tyroc is actually a New God, with Marzal being a refuge of the surviving New Gods after the destruction of New Genesis in the Great God War of 2500, which saw New Genesis destroyed and the planet of Apokalips rendered totally dormant, and many such as Highfather and Orion and the terrible Darkseid missing after the massive conflict.

At the hands of the surviving New Gods, the once desolate far flung world of Marzal has become a small oasis in the void, unknown to the galaxy at large until the 30th century, when a small team from the planet led by Tyroc helped the Legion battle an interplanetary migratory horde of necro-demons, corpses of Darkseid's former minions infused with dark energy. After defeating the threat and talking with the Legion about their history, the curious young Tyroc left with the Legion to explore the galaxy at large, and report back to his secluded homeworld about what has happened in their absence. Empowered by the very tiniest of slivers of the great Life Formula and The Anti-Life Equation, Tyroc is able to sing and shout and speak and scream reality into warping, for a variety of different affects.

- Crow T. Robot
XRay Russ #915376 11/06/16 07:40 PM
Been working a lot on the Cadets! There's...a LOT of them. One of the things I dug about the Legion cartoon was that it felt like the Legion was actually out walking the beat across the whole United Planets: there were dozens and dozens of members, and they came together on big threats but often we just sort of focused on one "division" (which was a weakness, I thought; they shoulda opened it up more, but that's besides the point).

In that vein when the Academy in the AU really revs up there is...a whole bunch of Cadets. Many leave or are gone throughout the story, but many more stick around. The idea is that even if they never join the Legion proper, when they graduate they could work as their own systems' Champions or part of another super-team or Special Forces with the Science Police. And there are many, many many: many of them are based off of Cadets and supporting characters of previous iterations, many are based off of species we see in books like Green Lantern that we know are bopping around the cosmos, others are based off of tropes and situations common to the Legion (refugees from different dimensions or time periods, for example), while others are just made up from whole cloth! For example, here's a few Cadets that popped up:

[Linked Image]

And here they are as Cadets!

[Linked Image]

A few are missing from the Example, but they'll pop up (like Socket Girl And Mask Lad...maybe not with those names wink )

Although I gotta mention here, and I shoulda done it sooner: I owe each and every one of these to the MicroHeroes Makers that have produced SO MUCH. I've used resources from UltraJorge, ZeBallbreaker, and countless others and mixed and matched them with my severely limited talent, and the templates and a lot of the components I used came from other makers and while those are the only two I know by name, I want to thank them all for fueling my weird hobby!

- Crow T. Robot
XRay Russ #915379 11/06/16 07:46 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Love the group pics! And interested to see what you'll do with the Cadets.

Poor Myke, he went out a hero.

Love Tyroc's new backstory!

XRay Russ #915380 11/06/16 07:59 PM
Thanks IB! And Myke-4 (Who is Sonic Lad, sorry I meant to post that!) may not be totes gone! A lot of these backstory posts are based on half-done beat sheets and drafts and such, but I did want to give an overall idea of where I was goin with em.

And thanks on Tyroc! He's really hard to get right and I hadn't seem someone try him as a New God and I _love_ integrating more of the DC Space Stuff into the Legion.

And duuuuuude I have so many Cadets O_O There's like, 60 at last count but I KNOW they've multiplied since then; I just love the idea of superpowered-future-high-school for this big group of em.

Sorry; that was rabbling XD I should try sleep again soon...

- Crow T. Robot
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,018
Posts1,044,857
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Cham55
Cham55
Scotland
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star