Roll Call
0 members (), 7 Murran Spies, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread XLIX - We're Getting Old
by thoth lad - 03/27/24 05:03 PM
So, what are you listening to?
by Gaseous Lad - 03/27/24 04:21 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by idle - 03/27/24 10:23 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by thoth lad - 03/27/24 10:17 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by thoth lad - 03/27/24 10:15 AM
Share more completely random things!
by thoth lad - 03/27/24 10:15 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 03/27/24 07:41 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
7WoW full-length fanfic: "The Ultimate Crisis" (W.I.P.)
#915875 11/10/16 02:12 PM
More Polyanna than Poison Ivy
OP Offline
Fanfare from Fannie:

Madwoman Productions presents:

"THE ULTIMATE CRISIS"

Starring:

EVERY DCU CHARACTER FROM ALL 7 WORLDS

Read LEGIONS OF 7 WORLDS in the Bits forum:

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 1 (COMPLETED)

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 2 (WORK IN PROGRESS)

"Don't look for role models, girls, BE the role model."

- Legion World member HARBINGER
Re: 7WoW full-length fanfic: "The Ultimate Crisis" (W.I.P.)
Fanfic Lady #915879 11/10/16 02:39 PM
OP Offline
PRELUDE:

Opening scroll, a la STAR WARS:

1962: CRIME SYNDICATE OF AMERICA FORMED on Earth-7.6.  FOUNDING ROSTER: ULTRAMAN (HANK HENSHAW), SUPERWOMAN (ALEXIS THORUL/ALEXANDRA LUTHOR), OWL MAN (THOMAS WAYNE, JR. son of Police Commissioner THOMAS WAYNE), POWER RING (JARED HARROLDS, ring empowered by the cosmic entity VOLTHOOM), JOHNNY QUICK (powers artificially acquired through drugs, no relation to the Johnny Quicks of other worlds), SEA-SCOURGE (KING KORDAX THE 4TH OF ATLANTIS), and the most evil meta to ever walk the face of Earth-7.6, D'ANN DANN'Z, the White Martian who had committed genocide ON ALL MARTIAN RACES of E-7.6, INCLUDING HIS OWN, just because they annoyed him.)

1962-1963: D'ANN D'ANNZ (correct spelling) kicked out of CSA because the other members fear and loathe him even more than they fear & loathe each other!!  Not much later, SEA-SCOURGE takes an extended leave of absence when the 6 CITIES OF ATLANTIS go to war.)

1964: 1ST CSA vs JLA & JSA (BOTH OF EARTH-7.3) BATTLE.  THE LATTER WIN...THIS TIME.

1965-1970: THE CSA LOSE ALL THEIR BATTLES AGAINST EVERY WORLD THEY INVADE.

1971: DARKSEID, THE IRON-FISTED ABSOLUTIST TYRANT WHO RULES THE DYSTOPIC PLANET APOKOLIPS ON EARTH-7.5, BREACHES THE BARRIER BETWEEN HIS UNIVERSE AND EARTH-7.6, AND APPROACHES THE CSA (AFTER A LOT OF FIGHTING, PREDICTABLY ENOUGH) WITH HIS 15-YEAR LONG-TERM MASTER PLAN, WHICH WOULD NOT ONLY HELP THE CSA GAIN THEIR REVENGE ON ALL THE HEROES OF THE 7 WORLDS OF WONDERS, IT WOULD ALSO BRING UNTOLD POWER TO BOTH THEIR WORLDS ONCE THE CONQUEST OF THE 5 OTHER WORLDS HAS BEEN ACHIEVED.  THE CSA EAGERLY ACCEPTS, AFTER HAGGLING WITH DARKSEID OVER ONE SINGLE, SOLITARY TERM -- OF THE 5 OTHER UNIVERSES, THEY ARE TO GET 3 (INCLUDING E-7.3, SO THEY CAN RUB IT IN THE JLA'S & JSA'S FACES LONG AFTER THEY'VE BEEN BEATEN) TO DARKSEID'S 4.  IN THE END, THE UNHOLY PACT IS MADE, AND THE PLAN GETS UNDER WAY.

1971-1977: AFTER 6 YEARS OF CAREFUL PLANNING, AND OF CRUCIALLY STRATEGIC ALLIANCES STEALTHILY STRUCK WITH THE VILLAINS OF THE OTHER 5 WORLDS, THE COUNTDOWN TO THE NINE-YEAR META-WAR (9YMW) FINALLY BEGINS, WITH 1986 AS THE ANTICIPATED "YEAR ZERO.")

1987: IN THE AFTERMATH OF 9YMW, EARTH-7.6 HAS BEEN LEFT A NO-MAN'S-LAND, AND CSA LEADER ULTRAMAN IS DEAD.  THUS, A RATHER DESPERATE CSA IMMEDIATELY INSTALL THEMSELVES AS THEIR EARTH'S NEW PLANETARY LEADERS, RENAMING THEMSELVES THE COUNCIL OF META-SENTIENTS AND INSTALLING OWL MAN/THOMAS WAYNE JR., THE ONLY MEMBER FEELING EVEN A TRACE OF REMORSE, AS THE DE-FACTO PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED NATIONS.

1988: The EARTH-7.6 universe is SEALED OFF ENTIRELY from the System's other six worlds, thanks to a force field of pure anti-tachyon energy, proposed AND financed by OWL MAN.  This drastic action was, however, unknown to the civilians due to the effects of mass brainwashing, perpetrated, of course, by Owl Man and the rest of the ruling COUNCIL OF META-SETNIENTS!  Is this at last the beginning of the C.O.M.S.'s homeworld turning towards enlightment?  Or is it actually the beginning of a descent even deeper into corruption, seediness, decay, death, and hell-on-earth for a world that never had a chance in the first place?

2002: AFTER TWO CONSECUTIVE DECADES OF BEING CLOSED OFF FROM THE REST OF THE 7WOW UNIVERSAL SYSTEM, CERTAIN TREASONOUS PARTIES WITHIN THE ELITE CIRCLE OF THE C.O.M.S. SECRETLY DECIDE THE TIME HAS COME TO STAGE A COUP D'ETAT, AND THEN NULLIFY THE UNIVERSAL FORCE FIELD...FOR ALL THE WRONG REASONS.

Re: 7WoW full-length fanfic: "The Ultimate Crisis" (W.I.P.)
Fanfic Lady #915881 11/10/16 02:52 PM
OP Offline
PROLOGUE

Point-of-View Character: MYSTERY WOMAN/"POWER GIRL" of E-7.3

Journal Entry:

November 10, 2009

"I can laugh about it now, but at the time it was horrible."

- The Smiths, "Shakespeare's Sister"

Before I discovered my truth -- it happened three-and-a-half years ago today -- I had been Power Girl of Earth-7.3, erstwhile superheroine known for being unafraid to flaunt her mighty endowments.  And for guzzling diet soda.  Gods, the effin' diet soda.  Major 20/20 hindsight cringe.

But what I was best known for was for having the most confusing effin' family background in the entire effin' E-7.3 Universe.  One day I was Superman's cousin from Krypton, the next I was the descendant of Arion, Lord of Atlantis.  If it's Tuesday, I must have been deceived by Arion.  But wait, Superman's not the last of the Kryptonians after all.  Turns out he's even got an effin' Super-Dog!!  (I'm very much a cat person.  Of the non-meta kind.  But I digress.)

"Can you see the real me?"

- The Who, "The Real Me"

It all started in December of 2004, in the last few days leading up to Christmas, on a Friday.  I'd been going through the motions at my day job as computer programmed Karen Starr, working for the weekend, when I could unleash my inner madwoman and...uh...hang out at home with my cat.  And chew my nails as the hours ticked by, getting closer to the gathering of all past and present JLA members, scheduled for that upcoming Monday.

I'd not been particularly sociable of late, even with my fellow members of the JSA, the original superhero team and the inspiration for the JLA and all the rest of them...but which also included several Greatest Generation members who never seemed to age!  Good for them, I'd thought at first -- good old-fashioned clean living...maybe.

The ugly truth was, nothing made a speck of sense anymore.

The worst thing, or so I felt at the time, was the harassment from a woman who claimed to be Helena Wayne, the Huntress of Earth-7.1.  She'd somehow gotten ahold of my cellphone number, and tried to sell me a sob story about how her best friend, the "me" of E-7.1, had died in the Nine Year Meta-War (WHAT Nine Year Meta-War?? Never heard of such a thing!!), and how she had become convinced that I was the "Kara" of that world, lost in another universe with all my memories from before 1986 gone!!

Needless to say, I'd dismissed this as a tasteless joke, and hung up on "Helena."

I had known of the existence of E-7.1, but had NO memory of EVER having interacted with anyone from there.  And besides, everyone knew there was only one Huntress, the one here on E-7.3, JLA member Helena Bertinelli.  And either way, she'd ditched that moniker a year earlier, following the unexpected, heartbreaking death of her mentor, Dinah Lance, the second woman to bear the Black Canary mantle, the first having been Dinah's late mother and namesake, Dinah Drake Lance.  In Dinah's honor (or so she claimed), Helena changed her costume and renamed herself Black Canary. 

Quite frankly, I'd never gotten along well with Helena, no matter what she was calling herself.  Angst-ridden practicing Catholics make my skin crawl.  I used to date one, you see, a real loser who presented himself as a winner just because he made loads of money in advertising, flashing his alligator grin all the time as he pandered to the lowest-common denominator, while maintaining a populist public image to hide the fact that he was actually an equal-opportunity hater.

So, yeah, I was not looking forward to seeing Helena, or anyone else, really, at the aforementioned gathering.  You'd think it would've helped that I was one of the few metas to have served in both the JLA (albeit as a perpentual second-stringer; it's complicated) and the JSA.  The only effect of that dubious privilege was that it made me feel like I belonged to neither one nor the other.

As a non-verbal display of my contempt for the whole stupid, pointless affair, I decided to wear an old interim costume of mine, a truly garish thing with neon-bright custard-yellow as the dominant color.

But later, as I made the final preparations for being beamed up to the JLA Watchtower on the moon, it occurred to me that the JLA might actually have an agenda behind this sorry soiree.  And Agatha Christie-type thing where they put all the suspects in one room so that the detective hero can entrap the culprit?

At one time, I would have put it down to Batman's sly sense of humor, solving the case while at the same time indulging in a homage to one of his literary heroines.

The only hole in that theory -- and it was one you could fly a jumbo jet through -- was that Batman had seemingly lost his sense of humor back in 1987!!  Along with his social skills and any sense of humility.  Yeah, there had been gossip behind Bats's back in the meta-community, about how he'd turned into such a know-it-all jerk, and a control freak who never smiled anymore, and how he always acted so uptight about everything that some of us wondered whether he was able to have a poo without using a crowbar to pry open his butt-crack.

I arrived at the Watchtower to find myself facing...Batman.  Speak of the devil, and blah, blah, blah.

All he said to me was to give me a flat command, "Walk this way," before turning his back to me and heading down a corridor.  I would've done a "Young Frankenstein" joke, or an Aerosmith joke, but I knew either one would be lost on Ol' Sourpuss Bats.

Yep, I thought to myself, this is gonna be no fun at all.

Little did I know at that moment that it would turn out to be a lot, A LOT WORSE, than that!!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,012
Posts1,044,269
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Joe Kalicki
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
String
String
The Bright, Sunny South
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star