Roll Call
1 members (thoth lad, thoth lad, thoth lad, thoth lad, thoth lad, thoth lad, thoth lad, thoth lad, thoth lad, thoth lad), 10 Murran Spies, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread L - Half a Century
by thoth lad - 04/18/24 12:47 PM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/18/24 02:17 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/18/24 02:17 AM
Kill This Thread XLIX - We're Getting Old
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/18/24 02:08 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/17/24 03:44 AM
The thread that ate _____ !
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/17/24 03:44 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/17/24 03:42 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by idle - 04/16/24 11:16 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
DCU Map/Chart
#915670 11/08/16 05:38 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
I have been wanting to express myself with fanfiction again, but I have been lacking the motivation so I am trying my hand at some art. I always loved maps and charts in Tolkien, so I got the idea to make this chart of the DCU.

I am willing to take any requests for smaller maps/charts of, say for example, the Legion Pre-Boot Universe's Love Connections.

My only concerns really are in terms of color, so please let me know if it would look better if I altered them. I plan to get a good digital art program if things go well.

I seem to recall being able to post pictures as thumbnails. Is that still an option?

Attached Images DCU Chart.png
Last edited by Emily Sivana; 11/08/16 05:45 PM. Reason: question

Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb
Re: DCU Map/Chart
Emily Sivana #915672 11/08/16 05:49 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Cool! Thanks for putting all these together, Emily. This will be a great guide when writing fanfic.

Emily Sivana #915682 11/08/16 10:02 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Great idea for a thread topic/project Emily!

Looking at the chart, it appears that it's possible to travel laterally as well as vertically, depending on your abilities - i.e. Bgtzlians, New Gods - but Earth, Rann, etc. are limited to their own dimension by the Phantom Zone.

There's a book called Super Graphics which depicted timelines, costume changes, etc. in graphs, pie charts - mostly Marvel and the big DC heroes (no Legion) - but no Legion. So bring on that Love Connections chart!

Holy Cats of Egypt!
Emily Sivana #915690 11/09/16 02:17 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!

Emily Sivana #915767 11/09/16 01:34 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
I think I saw that map when that series first came out. I will admit that I did not base my chart on any particular cannon, just a very general guide based on stuff that is consistent through most versions. I plan to make a Marvel equivalent; I might wait until I buy a decent art program as there are a lot more Marvel Dimensions (like all the random energy ones you see Dormammu standing in).

I will make the Love Connections Chart later this week and post it here. If there are any obscure couples you would like included, feel free to let me know through post or PM.

Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb
Emily Sivana #915853 11/10/16 08:15 AM
Tempus Fugitive
Online Confused
Tempus Fugitive

The colours look fine Emily. It's interesting to see Alternate elseworldy things placed on a map like this. Like little self contained spin offs form known history, always there to return to as we've seen in the books. Well thought out.

For those of us(well, me) who haven't been keeping up, is the fifth world the one hinted at in Morrison's 7 soldiers?

And is the 4th World, containing New Genesis & Apokalips now behind the source wall? Or is it just those two worlds, following some catastrophe?

*That's odd. I thought I'd already posted to this one. If anyone sees a lost little lamb of a post, bleating for its home, do send it back to this thread. Don't shoot it and devour it for its component words. Ta.

"...not having to believe in a thing to be interested in it and not having to explain a thing to appreciate the wonder of it."
Emily Sivana #915871 11/10/16 01:27 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
I made a typo in regards to the Fourth World in regards to the 4th World. I may edit that out later.

I am almost done with the Legion Love Connections Chart (Pre-Crisis version). I have two important questions:

1) Should I look up all of Sun Boys girlfriends or just leave him off the chart?

2) Is Invisible Kid and Chemical King cannon or fandom theory? Is it like Mystique/Destiny, in which the creators stated they wanted to write them as a homosexual couple?

Emily Sivana #915937 11/11/16 09:40 AM
Tempus Fugitive
Online Confused
Tempus Fugitive
Originally Posted by Emily Sivana
I made a typo in regards to the Fourth World in regards to the 4th World. I may edit that out later.

As typos go, it was a really interesting one with bags of story potential.

1) Should I look up all of Sun Boys girlfriends or just leave him off the chart?

How much room do you have? smile That's a tough one, as it could take ages finding all that out. It would be fun to see a few of the more regular ones. A group of names, orbiting his own, just the way his ego prefers it. smile

2) Is Invisible Kid and Chemical King cannon or fandom theory? Is it like Mystique/Destiny, in which the creators stated they wanted to write them as a homosexual couple?

I'm sure it's fandom theory. But it's one of those that I'd not be too surprised to see cross over at some point in the future.

"Myla!"

EDIT: By amazing coincidence, one of our Spider Guild visitors happened to be on a page where Myriad provided a list of romantic interests.

http://www.legionworld.net/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=674349&page=1

BRIDE OF EDIT: Which leads to EDE's thread -
https://www.legionworld.net/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=592484&Searchpage=1&Main=14172&Words=%22Legion+Love+Lives%22&Search=true#Post592484

SON OF EDIT:
http://www.legionworld.net/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=12751&page=1

"...not having to believe in a thing to be interested in it and not having to explain a thing to appreciate the wonder of it."
Emily Sivana #915948 11/11/16 02:09 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Note: This chart does not include all one-time dates, as that would make it look cluttered. If a get a request for an Adventure Era one, I might consider making a chart via Word Shapes.

In the case of multiple codenames, I used their given name instead. I included Jeckie as both Princess Projectra and Sensor Girl as she appeared at least one issue before the Crisis of Infinite Earths.

I decided to leave Sun Boy, Chemical King, and Invisible Kid off the chart for now.

Attached Images LSH Love Connections.png

Emily Sivana #916289 11/15/16 10:01 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I like that you included the crushes and wonder if some of them should be with one-way arrows, such as Brainy and Projectra (just my view of that relationship). There's also the Lu and Superboy crush. I couldn't think of any others that were unambiguous.

The one-night-stands/one date chart would be fun, but a lot more crowded.

Holy Cats of Egypt!
Emily Sivana #916417 11/16/16 02:41 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Thanks, I really appreciate it. I might rework it into one-way arrows. If I flip Lu with Bouncing Boy, it would look fine.

Any other requests before I edit the one above?

I would love to do a one-off chart, but I would need every ones help so I don't exclude anyone's favorite moment.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,018
Posts1,044,837
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Wayne3003
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Beagz
Beagz
Aggieland
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star