Roll Call
1 members (Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac), 13 Murran Spies, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/24/24 03:52 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/24/24 03:50 AM
Crow! Tell us the good things going on in your life!
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/24/24 03:49 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Legion Tracker - 04/23/24 08:21 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by idle - 04/23/24 06:45 PM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/23/24 03:50 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by stile86 - 04/22/24 08:12 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by stile86 - 04/22/24 08:12 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Rest In Peace, MLLASH
Invisible Brainiac #917080 11/27/16 08:17 AM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
Originally Posted by Invisible Brainiac
Indeed. I was reading an article about Chinese lesbians and gay men who marry each other to preserve their secrets - while still seeing their same-sex partners after. I just know Lash would have something witty and profound to say about this, all the while encouraging me and Blaze.

You guys should TOTALLY find a lesbian couple and share a house... Lash would approve. wink angel

Sarcasm Kid #922832 03/01/17 06:03 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Tonight makes it a year since Lash died. It's past midnight where I am, so it's officially March 2nd.

Sarcasm Kid #922839 03/02/17 12:46 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
I've missed him every day this year. It's hard for me to post here, or in social media in general, and not think of him. Hopefully he's enjoyed looking down at us this past year and laughing at everyone freaking out.

There's a lot of things, like Riverdale, that make me immediately think of him because he'd love them so much. Then again, the major reason I'm even checking some of these things out is because of Lash's influence on my tastes.

cheers my friend. You are missed.

Sarcasm Kid #922841 03/02/17 01:51 AM
More Polyanna than Poison Ivy
On this first anniversary of Lash's passing, I find it very telling of the cruelty of fate that he did not live to see his beloved Bronze Age Teen Titans finally get solicited for a hardcover collection.

I feel the best we can do is to keep his spirit alive here at Legion World every day by celebrating all the things he loved the most, of which I can only name a few off the top of my head -- the aforementioned Bronze Age Teen Titans, the many works of Dave Cockrum, the many incarnations of the Justice Society, country music, dance music, pop music, horror movies, Funyuns, and, of course...the Legion of Super-Heroes.

Lash taught me many good and helpful things, but the one which continues to be at the forefront of my mind is -- love the things you love, love what makes you happy, and if some people share your love while others don't, well...that's not really your problem now, is it?

Luv you, Lash. love

MatterEaterLad

CalorieQueen

InfectiousLass

Read LEGIONS OF 7 WORLDS in the Bits forum:

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 1 (COMPLETED)

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 2 (WORK IN PROGRESS)

"Don't look for role models, girls, BE the role model."

- Legion World member HARBINGER
Sarcasm Kid #922842 03/02/17 03:29 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Ahhhh Lash, I'll drink to you tonight. And post.

Because that's what you would have wanted.

Cheers!

Sarcasm Kid #922855 03/02/17 06:44 AM
Something else else to remind us what a treasure Lash was:

http://www.legionworld.net/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=45549#Post45549

Read LEGIONS OF 7 WORLDS in the Bits forum:

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 1 (COMPLETED)

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 2 (WORK IN PROGRESS)

"Don't look for role models, girls, BE the role model."

- Legion World member HARBINGER
Sarcasm Kid #922858 03/02/17 07:07 AM
space mutineer & purveyor of quality sammitches
space mutineer & purveyor of quality sammitches
I never did make that Fembrain collage like I meant to. Damn it.

I'm firing off the MST3K Between-Meal Mortar with a 21-cake salute, though.

Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on DeviantArt! Drop by and tell me that I sent you. *updated often!*
Sarcasm Kid #922908 03/02/17 11:50 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
It's time Lash was reincarnated - and find his way back to us in about 16 years.

Holy Cats of Egypt!
Sarcasm Kid #923010 03/05/17 07:17 AM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
Every visit to LW over the last year has reminded me of LASH. So every login is followed by a >sigh<, quickly followed by a >smile< as I remember what a fun place he helped build.

"...not having to believe in a thing to be interested in it and not having to explain a thing to appreciate the wonder of it."
Fat Cramer #923031 03/05/17 02:20 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Online Content
Unseen, not unheard
Originally Posted by Fat Cramer
It's time Lash was reincarnated - and find his way back to us in about 16 years.

Or less! Some Legionnaires were as young as 13 when they joined, maybe even younger.

Sarcasm Kid #923045 03/05/17 06:29 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I've lost more than one person in my life. But of the three that really matter to me, its simply my dad, my grandmother and Lash. He was that good a person. I miss you, Lasher. You were inspired lunacy and the borther I never had or met. I don't want you to rest in peace, I want you tearing it up wherever you are, making people laugh, saying outrageous things and bringing light and joy along with you. Love ya, Lasher.

Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!
Sarcasm Kid #939601 10/26/17 08:39 PM
K
Applicant
Applicant
K
I was watching a new TV show the other day, At Home with Amy Sedaris, and started thinking of an old friend I had never met. I suddenly wanted very much to see if he was still online and to possibly reconnect with him. I came to Legion World and did a search of Lash's name, and was heartbroken to see this thread pop up.

I feel guilt that I'm posting this more than a year after Lash passed. But I really want to share how I feel about a guy I had never met, but nevertheless has always felt like a kindred spirit.

I obviously haven't been here for years (haven't even lurked, to be honest) and I had to create a new profile to log on, as my old password was long forgotten, and even my old email associated with this site is long defunct. Some might remember me, I wasn't an active member for that long, but Lash and I were alike in so many ways it was scary.

We both were obsessed with old Lois Lane comics. We both liked the aforementioned Amy Sedaris and her TV show Strangers with Candy *way* too much. We pretty much both had the exact same sense of humor, more so than anyone I have ever met in "real" life. And, despite his huge personality, I always had the impression he was a very shy individual, as am I.

When I read this thread I felt regret nearly as much as I felt sad. Seeing all the familiar faces, I feel regret for drifting away from this site so long ago. Most of all though, I feel regret that I never talked to Lash about so many things. The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. The Bronze Age Teen Titans. Making fun of old Romance comic covers. Just being silly. I'll never have a chance to talk with Lash again. And that hurts.

RIP Lash

Last edited by Kid_Chaos; 10/26/17 08:44 PM.
Sarcasm Kid #939636 10/27/17 06:20 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Hey Kid Chaos... If there's one thing I know (and can testify to) it's that you can always come home to Legion World... I never met Lash either, but I felt his loss in a way that still surprises me, though it really shouldn't... at several points in my life, when stress levels were at their highest, I turned to comic books for a much needed respite and a temporary return to a much simpler time... and for the last 17 years, the LMB and (later) Legion World have been a part of that respite... and always at the forefront was Lash... I've met and befriended several Legion Worlders over the years... some are like brothers... I deeply regret that I never met Lash... I wish I could have told him how much his presence on these boards meant to me... and, despite not meeting, how much I cherished his friendship... so many "silly" conversations over the years about TV shows, movies, and songs that still make me smile... a few weeks ago, standing in line at the pharmacy, a song came on that immediately reminded me of Lash... that happens more often than I thought was possible, because we never met in "real" life... but our friendship was real... and the loss I feel is very real... and after reading your post, I know I'm not alone in that... thanks for sharing, KC, and welcome home...

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...
Sarcasm Kid #939653 10/28/17 02:00 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Online Content
Unseen, not unheard
love

Sarcasm Kid #939661 10/28/17 04:55 AM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
I've never really felt like I had the words for this.

Michael always amazed and baffled and delighted me with how he could be so silly, almost a caricature of himself, at times, and yet so utterly guilelessly genuine at the same time.

It's a mystery to me how I can miss someone I've never met, and wonder what my life would have been like if I'd been half as fearless, or as willing to make myself vulnerable.

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
Sarcasm Kid #939662 10/28/17 05:48 AM
K
Applicant
Applicant
K
Thanks for the kind words Sharklad. It really is amazing how much of an impact Lash had on people he never met. I hope he knew that.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,019
Posts1,044,913
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Queer Legion
Queer Legion
North Carolina
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star