Roll Call
1 members (Lard Lad), 17 Murran Spies, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by idle - 04/25/24 05:38 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/25/24 12:32 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/25/24 12:30 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Eryk Davis Ester - 04/24/24 09:11 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/24/24 03:52 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/24/24 03:52 AM
Crow! Tell us the good things going on in your life!
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/24/24 03:49 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by stile86 - 04/22/24 08:12 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Emerald Twilight - an Alternate Take
Kappa Kid #918087 12/10/16 04:12 PM
Humanoid from the Deep
OP Offline
Humanoid from the Deep
PART 4

“Mphhh!” Hal Jordan mumbled as one of his fellow Green Lantern’s tentacles slapped him in the face.

“Apologies, 2814!” the immediately embarrassed alien blurted. “I didn’t see you there.”

“No worries,…uh…..uh” Hal said, struggling to recognize the other Lantern.

“3153…” Kilowog whispered into Hal’s ear.

“Ah, 3153.” Hal said awkwardly shaking the alien’s tentacle, not realizing the Lantern had no understanding of his human gesture.

“Man, this place is way too crowded.” Hal muttered as he and Kilowog pushed their way toward the front of the crowd to join the other senior Lanterns.

“Shhh!” Kilowog hissed as the Guardians approached their pedestal, high above the central plaza.

“Lanterns, today is a most momentous occasion. For millennia, the Green Lantern Corps has fought for the preservation of peace across the universe. Though many have fallen in this eternal battle, many more have followed in their heroic footsteps. It us our great privilege today to welcome a new generation of peacekeepers to our ranks. From across the galaxy, these 10 individuals have demonstrated the willpower and selfness that makes a true Green Lantern. Take a moment to congratulate our new recruits!” the Guardian known as Herupa Hando Hu said with excitement.

As the Lanterns erupted into cheers, Hal Jordan began to feel a throb at the back of his head, as if his brain was going numb.

“Hey Kilowog, you feeling kind of funny right now?” Hal asked.

“Not really, pal. Something else else wrong with ya?” Kilowog asked matter of factly.

“I don’t know. I just have a bad feeling is all.” Hal said, deciding it was best to try to ignore it.

———————————————————————

As Ganthet raced through the halls of the citadel toward the central plaza and Power Battery, he could feel the Parallax’s presence growing stronger and closer. Just as he was about to enter the plaza, he heard a weak cry from behind him.

“H-help me…” it groaned.

Looking over, Ganthet noticed a withered husk of a creature laying against the wall. He was a young Ariosian, though his blue wrinkly skin and sunken eyes wouldn’t lead one to think that from a quick glance.

“You are not a Lantern! Who are you?” Ganthet said, trying to get some answers from the man before he lost him.

“N-name is…Korthak…the creature…took my body…Jarkur” the boy managed to mumble.

“The creature…where is it now?!” Ganthet said, shaking the dying man. “I must stop it!”

“In new Lantern…took him…” Korthak said gesturing toward the central citadel’s plaza.

“By Ion…I’m too late!” Ganthet gasped.

———————————————————

The throbbing sensation in Hal’s head began to become stronger as the new Lanterns lined up for their oath. Trying to take his mind off of it, he looked over the new recruits. Many of them were grinning from ear to ear, beginning the honeymoon phase of their careers. One of the new Lanterns caught Hal’s eyes though. He was a young Khund at the front of the line with piercing yellow eyes. Hal could sense something off about him, but he couldn’t put his finger on it.

“Yorak Ta of Khundia, please step forward.” Herupa commanded. “Do you accept the honor of serving as Green Lantern of Sector 0422?”

“I…do not….” the young Khund replied, his voice slowly growing deeper and more sinister.

There was a collective gasp over the crowd of Green Lantern at his response. No Lantern had rejected the offer in centuries.

“This is a high privilege to serve your planet as a Green Lantern. Are you absolutely sure that you wish to reject our offer?” Herupa asked again, his eyes narrowing.

“ I reject your power, lowly creatures. You shall all pay…for what you did to me!” the Khund shouted.

With that, he shot a beam of yellow light toward the Guardians from his palm before flying toward the central Power Battery. The other Lanterns began to shout and panic ensued.

“Kilowog, quick! We’ve got to stop him!” Hal said pointing toward Yorak.

“Let’s get this poozer!” Kilowog said with a nod, as the two shot after the Khund.

The two fought through the sea of other Lanterns flying through the air, but the Khund was too fast for them, using yellow constructs to exploit their weakness.

“Dammit, he’s too fast! We’ve got to hit him with everything we’ve got from here!” Hal said as he materialized a rocket launcher construct from his ring.

“Fire in the hole!” he shouted as he shot it.

The shot hit the Khund square in the back, knocking him to the ground for a moment. As he regained his composure, he and Hal locked eyes for a moment, his piercing yellow eyes almost burning Hal’s. He shot forward, entering the central Power Battery with an explosion of yellow light.

The other Lanterns looked in sheer astonishment as the central Power Battery glowed yellow and green, as the ground begin to shake.

“Everyone get back! Hurry!” Ganthet shouted as he burst onto the scene.

Suddenly, the Power Battery exploded, sending the Lanterns and Guardians flying back.

“He’s done it…” Ganthet said looking in sheer astonishment.

“Look!” one of the Lanterns shouted as the smoke began to clear.

Amidst the smoke and rubble, the Lanterns looked to see the Khund boy stumble from the Central Battery. His body was noticeably gaunt and lifeless and he collapsed to the ground.

“Quick, restrain him!” Herupa shouted, gesturing toward the stunned Lanterns, who all surged toward the body

“No, wait! It’s still there!” Ganthet shouted.

Before they had a moment to register Ganthet’s words, a large scaly arm shot out from the Central Battery and slammed the ground in front of them. All watched in sheer horror as the monstrous behemoth began to slither its way out. It could only be described as both reptilian and insect, it’s massive jaws and sharp teeth only matched in size by its gargantuan wings. As it towered over the citadel, it’s jaws locked into a devilish grin that peeled back over its scaly yellow skin.

“Fools, you thought you could have kept me locked away for all eternity?! This universe shall know true fear once again. I could destroy you know, but there is the matter of the Chosen One to deal with. first Enjoy your last moments, Guardians, for your pitiful existence shall soon come to an end!” the creature roared before beating its wings and launching into space.

“What the hell was that?!” Hal shouted, pointing to the sky was everyone else stood in stunned silence.

“That was Parallax, the entity of fear…” Ganthet said as he rubbed his hand over the broken Central Battery.

“Parallax? What the hell is a Parallax?” Hal said, growing impatient. Suddenly, he began to feel the sharp pain in his head again

“Argh!” he said falling to his knees. “I can feel it…it’s moving toward Earth…toward Coast City!”

“I don’t believe it…” Ganthet said with a mix of horror and astonishment. “It’s you…”

“Me? You’re gonna have to give me more than that, Ganthet.” Hal remarked as he stood up again.

“I have much more to tell you, Hal Jordan. I can’t believe I’m saying this, but you may the Chosen One foretold by the prophecy to defeat him…” Ganthet said with a sigh.

Keep up with what I've been watching lately!

"Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? Our nation turns its lonely eyes to you."
Kappa Kid #918093 12/10/16 06:25 PM
More Polyanna than Poison Ivy
Yay! The Green Lantern goodness is revived. grin

I will read it and comment on it first thing after sunrise and breakfast. smile

Read LEGIONS OF 7 WORLDS in the Bits forum:

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 1 (COMPLETED)

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 2 (WORK IN PROGRESS)

"Don't look for role models, girls, BE the role model."

- Legion World member HARBINGER
Kappa Kid #918096 12/10/16 07:09 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Yikes!

Nice use of Parallax's possession ability to get closer to the Battery. Oh dear, I wonder if there is anything to be done for his victims.

Uh oh, Coast City. Can't wait for the next bit!

Last edited by Invisible Brainiac; 12/10/16 07:10 PM.
Fanfic Lady #918124 12/11/16 08:23 AM
Originally Posted by Fanfic Lady
Yay! The Green Lantern goodness is revived. grin

I will read it and comment on it first thing after sunrise and breakfast. smile

Still fully intending to do what I said I'd do today, but I've fallen behind on...stuff. As usual.

Will edit my review into this post sometime later today.

Read LEGIONS OF 7 WORLDS in the Bits forum:

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 1 (COMPLETED)

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 2 (WORK IN PROGRESS)

"Don't look for role models, girls, BE the role model."

- Legion World member HARBINGER
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,019
Posts1,044,928
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
walkwithcrowds
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
CreativityKid
CreativityKid
Pawtucket, RI
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star