Roll Call
0 members (), 20 Murran Spies, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 04/19/24 11:59 AM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/19/24 11:13 AM
Kill This Thread L - Half a Century
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/19/24 11:13 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/19/24 01:49 AM
Kill This Thread XLIX - We're Getting Old
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/18/24 02:08 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/17/24 03:44 AM
The thread that ate _____ !
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/17/24 03:44 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Lego Games
#892563 03/27/16 09:08 AM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
I have discovered the Lego Video Games, and they are really fun. I picked them up because I thought they would be easy and relaxing because they are children's games (I admit sometimes it is frustrating instead). I am impressed by the depth of the cutscenes; especially since I stared with Lego Star Wars and there is no dialogue. I have bought Lego Marvel on sale (all Lego games are on sale this weekend, less than $10 for Lego Marvel and Lego Batman 3). Is anyone else a fan of this game series?

Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb
Re: Lego Games
Emily Sivana #892595 03/28/16 12:35 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
The Lego games are great, especially the early ones. Star Wars, Indiana Jones and the first Batman game are awesome. Less of a fan since they added dialogue, but still solid and entertaining games. Which platform are you playing on?

Emily Sivana #892662 03/28/16 04:12 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
I am playing on PC. I like to play it when the chat rooms I am in are dull, so I play an hour or two at a time and then check back. I heard that Marvel was the height of the series, so I bought it on sale (still downloading). I only have 44.7% so far in Lego Star Wars, so I am trying to get a passing grade when I get tired of downloading the new one.

Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb
Emily Sivana #919605 12/31/16 04:48 AM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
I am thinking of playing one of these games and posting/blogging about it here. Would anyone be interested in reading or playing along?

Emily Sivana #919627 12/31/16 09:00 AM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
Always interested in reading something that's new to me, Emily.

"...not having to believe in a thing to be interested in it and not having to explain a thing to appreciate the wonder of it."
Emily Sivana #920333 01/09/17 01:37 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
I have decided I will try to play at least an hour a week and write about my experiences, give tips, etc. Before I begin, is it easy to insert screenshots into posts? I have the Steam versions so I would be taking screenshots there.

Emily Sivana #920341 01/10/17 02:41 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!

Emily Sivana #920401 01/10/17 02:32 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Hmm, I will see if Steam's settings will let me cooperate. Otherwise, I will have to see if videos would be better than going through the trouble of creating a photo site account. I will try to play this Thursday and get something up on Monday.

Emily Sivana #920692 01/16/17 02:11 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
As I have just switched Internet providers, I decided to forgo the intense Star Wars session I planned. Instead I decided to spend some time with an old save file to re-learn the controls. This will be more of a Guide/Walk-through until I figure out what I want to do in regards to images. (I am playing the Complete Saga through Steam on a PC.) I think this is a good place for me to explain the three modes of this game.

There will be lots of Spoilers as my goal is to help and entertain.

Story: You go through the story of each movie. This is a condensed version which cuts out some scenes that would be considered too slow or ultra-violent for young players. This actually makes some of the games better than the movies, in my opinion (they cut out the extensive romance scenes in "Attack of the Clones"). You are stuck playing as the characters in that portion of the movie.

Freeplay: The goal is to collect items or studs you would not be able to in Story mode. This mode unlocks all characters you have manually unlocked in the Hub. I am most likely to post screenshots and video of this as it is the most fun.

Challenge: It is similar to Freeplay in content, but as the name implies it is harder. The goal is to get all the blue canisters before the allotted time runs out. The reward is a lot of studs and a percentage towards the 100% Complete mark.

After you load the game, you will arrive in the Hub. This is modeled after the Cantina on Tatooine, and was added to the Complete Saga to allow the player to go back and forth between the two sets of games. You will always start as Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon as default Player 1 and 2. Once you unlock other characters, they will walk around and you can switch to them.

The bar at the Cantina allows you to use Studs (currency) and Bricks to unlock Characters, Tips, and Extras. You will earn Studs throughout gameplay and Bricks from completing levels/goals. You will want to stop here occasionally to purchase items if your goal is to try to get 100%. If you just started the game for the first time, you may want to pass this by and go straight to the door that says "Phantom Menace."

Emily Sivana #920773 01/18/17 02:30 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
In the Cantina you can also start a bar brawl and wreck shop, which will net you a lot of extra studs (currency). To the far right of the Cantina is the character creator as well. Player 1 and Player 2 can each have a customised Star wars character (for use in Free Play), which is a lot of fun.

Emily Sivana #921216 01/27/17 12:08 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
The Emissary, Part One of the Phantom Menace is basically the Tutorial. The game will tell you which buttons to press for essential functions. As people have the option of using keyboard or controller, I am not going to list specific buttons. I am instead going to list the basic moves:

1) Attack- This will vary depending on your character. Generally, characters with the Force use Light Sabers and other characters use Blasters. There are some exceptions, which I will list as we encounter them.

2) Special Move- This varies from character to character as well. All Jedi have the Force as their special move. The Bounty Hunters have a special move that lets you destroy metallic objects. The Astrotech droids (R2s) can unlock certain doors, while the humanoid droids (C3-PO) can trigger certain switches. There are other ones I will list as we encounter them.

3) Jump- This is probably the most used button other than Move. Most characters have the ability to jump, with the exception of the Droids and some unique characters. Accidentally falling off a platform or off-screen can result in instant *death.

4) Movement- This lets you walk/glide to the places you need to go. Only one or two unshockable characters have access to true flight.

Before you use the Force to open the door of the doomed vessel, you can use it to make the chairs dance
I think they directly referenced this in a scene in The Force. Awakens
. Destroying objects in the room will yield you Studs, which is the main currency in this game. Once you are ready, use the Force to open the doors. Be ready to take your light saber out, as you will be attacked right away.

Proceed straight through the hallway. There are extras hidden in the side chambers, but those are not essential to complete the level. You need Droids you can access in Free Play Mode in order to open all the other side chambers.I will cover those in another section of this Walk-Through.

When you get to the end of the hallway, use R2-D2 to unlock the door. After you walk through the door, you will see that your characters are on a platform ledge. If you wish to gain lots of studs, I advise you to travel to the left side of the map. There are is a lot of studs hidden on the edge, with only a few robots defending them. If this is your first time playing, I advise you to ignore the door above you and continue to the right.

There is two ways you can get to the next challenge in the game. The first is to fight through the robots, and the second is to walk along the narrow causeway at the bottom of the screen (there is a lot of studs too). After you get to the next section of the map, you have two options. One is to play with some of the scenery and earn more studs. This will also let you build the first vehicle in the game, if you wish to learn more of the controls. The second option is to skip that and go directly to destroying the robots at the locked gate.

The key to defeating these robots is to hold your light saber up when it shots beams. The shots will reflect back to the robots and destroy them (kind of like a Zelda monster). Do not strike the robots when the blue force field is visible. After you defeat both robots, jump to one of the platforms on the edge of the gate. The computer character should immediately jump on the other platform. You should gather the studs if you want to. Once you press the button on the floor you will be attacked by enemies. After they are all defeated, switch to the humanoid droid. It will unlock the spaceship to your left, so walk through it to complete the level.

The Second Section of Phantom Menace is one of the most difficult to write because it focuses on a controversial character. Jar Jar Binks is heavily featured in this section, and I know many of my readers may dislike him. He has the High Jump Ability, which is especially useful in Free Play Mode. As a consolation, I will let you know that in Free Play you have the option of unlocking a different character that has the High Jump Ability.

There will be a brief cut-scene before the start of this section. Your characters will start at the edge of a cave, overlooking the battle-scene. Your primary focus will be following a straight path to the end of this section. The side-paths contain canisters, some which you can only obtain in Free Play.

You should slowly walk forward, as your path will be interrupted by Naboo soldiers with spears and blaster-wielding droids. If a droid detects you, he will follow you, so it is best to stop and defeat them. If you use the Force on the plants, you will get more studs. The path will be blocked by a space-ship, but the Force is strong and your light saber will be able to destroy it. The more bricks you destroy, the more studs you will receive. When you are ready, proceed to the mountainous path flanked by the giant ma-oi statues.

You will meet Jar-Jar Binks at this point. There is a portrait of him that you need to use Jedi powers to manipulate, which will turn it into a platform. Jump on the platforms until you reach a rock that is extremely tall. Then switch to Jar-Jar Binks and jump on it. This will cause it to collapse into a platform for the others characters to follow. Proceed forward until you come to a large square with arches on the side. A force-wielder will be able to combine the arches into a bridge to continue to the next stage. You can also use Jar-Jar to obtain the studs and canisters on top of the raised platform.

You will end up in an area that looks flooded. If you go to the far corner, there is a power-up which can help you defeat the droids in this area. (You may want to ignore the ship unless you are playing in Free Play mode) You can use the force to unlock a small cave, where there is a lot of studs. When you are finished, use Jar-Jar Binks to scale the far-left mountain ridge. Once you jump on the loose platform, it will collapse and reveal a cave entrance.

If you feel like it, building the statue near the entrance of the cave will immediately unlock one of the canisters. If you keep walking straight and defeating droids, you will reach the end of the stage easily. Once you walk into the water, the cutscene will roll for the next section.

Section Three: Escape from Naboo is one of the most detailed stages in the Complete Saga. There are quite a few bonus items that are difficult to reach. As such, I will be covering those in the Bonus Section later on. This will be a straight-forward to and from section (and it is easy to get lost). When you play in Story Mode you are restricted to blaster-wielders until about half-way through the section, so you must go back in Free Play to get all the bonus items.

You will begin in a section of the palace as Queen Amidala and Captain Panaka. Your first priority should be to shot all the droids standing at the ledges above you. Once they are removed, use the special button to grapple your way to the ledge. You can use the graple hook to access two or three other areas, which you might do if you want to get the bonus brick for collecting studs. Once you are done, proceed to the screen with a broken puzzle of Amidala. You will need Force-wielders to put it together, so ignore it for now and continue left. You will be at the top of a flight of stairs. You will continue forward to the end of the hall and then emerge in a tower lined with glass. Please continue straight if you wish to proceed directly to the exit, there are some extra items on the other paths. Once you cross the towers you will see a platform with the Jedi (Qui-Gon and Obi-Won) standing on it.

There will be little time to relax, however, as droids will be firing at you as you move to the next area of the stage. You can use a blaster to hit the targets, which will unlock an elevator. Once you have defeated all the enemies, continue left. It is a straight walk to the next area, unless you decide to venture up the stairs (where there are extra items). I personally had to go back to this area multiple times in Free Play, so I advise for your first time to concentrate on reaching the end of the section. Once you reach the end of this area, you will see a door and a couple of ledges; use the Force to manipulate them into platforms. Then use a blaster-wielder to hit the targets on the middle of the door; proceed to the next area. You are now on top of the palace roof. In order to escape, you need to open a closed vent (it looks like a vent, but I think it is fire escape?). The best way to do this with the characters in Story Mode is to jump on top of the three domes and stay off the ground. This will allow you to use the blasters to pick off the droids. Once you step on top of the red buttons, the vents will open. Some of them will give you studs or extras. Of course, you can also destroy the plants for more studs. Once you are done, destroy the vent in the top right corner to end the section.

Section Four: Pod Race
This is a racing level, and as such, I won't create a guide. Instead, I will give you a list of tips. This stage is different than the original one in the Playstation game; that level can be unlocked in the Gold Brick Section once you have enough Gold Bricks. The goal is to go around the track as fast as possible.

1) Try to hit as many of the green marks on the ground as possible, it will increase your speed.
2) The signs with Tie-Wings on them are roads that can only be accessed with a Tie-Wing. This is useful, as I wasted time trying to destroy them in Story Mode.
3) It is best to veer to the far left of the course when blasters are firing at you.
4) The markers and stalagmites will give you studs and hearts when you hit them.
5) There is a red lego brick in one of the pits in this level. These unlock special things, so you may want to pick it up on your first try.

Last edited by Emily Sivana; 02/25/17 06:56 AM.

Emily Sivana #922710 02/28/17 06:01 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Sorry I've missed your updates as you've been editing the one post instead of posting new ones. I'll re-itereate that some of the best parts about these games are the comedy of the cutscenes, and some of the craziness in freeplay mode (at least on the PS versions). As you build up more bricks, canisters and Red Blocks, you get to "purchase" more and more characters for freeplay mode, which makes it even more fun, fighting Maul with Vader, Taking Mace Windu to the Death Star, etc.

Emily Sivana #922769 02/28/17 01:31 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
In previous forums I have been on, it was considered against the rules to have posts on top of your own posts (unless it was a fanfiction). So I have been waiting for a reply or to hit the word limit before I post again. Walkthroughs are kind of in a grey zone as they are long but not stories (I think I am the first to post one on LW).

Emily Sivana #926933 04/23/17 12:53 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
I have decided to dust off this thread and continue forward with this walk-through. The first picture is at the beginning of the level, to demonstrate places where one can find more Studs. The second picture is of the large group in this level. I feel like once it gets to this many figures, it becomes a bit harder to switch back and forth.

Small/Short Figures: These characters have the ability to go through small crawl places or vents. This is primarily useful in Phantom Menace and for obtaining extras.

Section 5: Retaking the Palace

The cutscene here is very good. It kind of feels like this was Padme's movie, as she was more of the driving protagonist than Anakin. We see a lot of her personality in her son in the first (next?) trilogy. After this cutscene, your group will be in a sectioned off portion of the palace. If you are after maximum studs, I advise you to take the time to destroy as many objects as possible before proceeding to the main portion of this section. The droids will start attacking immediately once you are in range. I advise you not to try to use the vehicle to attack the droids, as lack of precision can result in you "dying" and losing a lot of studs. Instead, I advise you to choose one of the blaster-wielders and shot from the background. Then you can switch to the Jedi to assemble a bridge and C3PO to open the door.

The next section is very short, as long as you primarily place as a blaster-wielder, it should be easy to get through the droids. After you pick off the droids, you may want to destroy windows and blocks to get more studs. Then, you should Once you destroy some objects on the ground, you can propel up to the higher platforms and pick off the droids. Once everything is clear, switch to a Jedi and use the Force to reassemble the stair case and bridge. The last part is a little tricky, as your instinct might be to immediately switch to Anakin to go through the vent. However, one must first use the force to destroy the block on the other side of the gap. This will enable Anakin to step the buttons necessary to open the gate. The next section is almost identical to the previous one, with the key difference being the fountains. These contain a lot of studs; and one should use the Force on them if they want the studs.

The last section outside of the palace is a bit of a puzzle. It is easiest to do this backwards, unless one is playing co-opt. The easiest thing to do is to walk to the end of the stage, when there is a balcony above your character's heads. Then use the force to reassemble the elevated platform, and promptly switch to a blaster-wielder. Shoot the objects around you to reveal grappler symbols, and them grapple up to the balcony. Once there, blast the edges so C3PO can reach the balcony. Unfortunately, in single-player mode you must jump down in order to switch to a Jedi. Then take the Jedi back to the beginning of the stage and stand on a block. Once the AI character is on the other block, use the Force and it will take you to high level of platforms. Use a combination of the force and jumping to get to the balcony. Once all the characters are on a button, you are proceed to into the palace.

When you get into the palace, you may want to remain as a Jedi throughout the majority of the remaining stages. I find that they are easier to use in closed areas, where the blaster-wielders are better in open areas. Before you step on the buttons, you might want to go to the hallway on the left and get some studs. You can destroy the statue at the end of the hallway in order to get a canister. Once you are ready, have each of the characters step on a button on the floor. There will be droids attacking you, so lead with the Jedi in order to defeat the ones with shields. Then proceed through the door to a near-identical hallway. The main difference to this one is that the hallway to the right is only useful if you are on the Dark Side (child Anakin does not count), so I advise against going there in Story Mode. Instead, destroy the droids and then the nearest statue. Use the Force to reassemble the lock and C3PO to open it. This will take you to a dining hall.

There are some droids, but if you want studs and extras, I would keep to the right and avoid them for a bit. Once you are ready, then attack the droids. There is a lot of things you can do with the dining room set. If you take the time to use the Force on all the tables, chair, silverware, etc. it will yield a canister. Otherwise, proceed to the stairs, which will take you near the end of the level. There is a room filled with statues, and behind each statue is an option. One of them will take you to a side-area for a canister, another will have droids to defeat, and one of them will be the door to the last stage. When you reach that door, proceed downward and you will reach the final stage. The task is to free hostages taken by the droids. The droids themselves are weak, so the challenge is finding all the hostages. I would start with the far left of the screen and stick to the Jedi characters. The main thing to keep in mind is to use the Force to build platforms to reach higher areas, as most of the hostages are guarded high up by one or two droids. You will be repeating this process throughout the stage until you reach the far right of the stage, where two hostages are on the ground. Once all the hostages are free, use C3PO to open the door.

Attached Images 20170423094534_1.jpg 20170423095953_1.jpg

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,018
Posts1,044,854
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
future king
future king
ontario
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star