Roll Call
1 members (Gaseous Lad), 43 Murran Spies, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Eryk Davis Ester - 03/29/24 08:59 AM
Kill This Thread XLIX - We're Getting Old
by Gaseous Lad - 03/29/24 08:18 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by Gaseous Lad - 03/29/24 08:15 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Legion Tracker - 03/29/24 08:01 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by idle - 03/29/24 07:00 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by idle - 03/29/24 06:59 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 03/29/24 04:06 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 03/29/24 04:05 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nintendo Switch
#920909 01/20/17 05:51 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
The Switch is Nintendo's new console that has a launch date of March 3rd 2017. I have been watching the new official Stream Event and various reactions since I regained Internet access (I switched providers. I walked into that pun). I am very excited, even though I do not fully understand how it works. I tend to play most games on the PC nowadays as it is convenient for me (I spend so much time chatting it is easier to play games on it when my friends are busy). However, if the Switch is both a home console and portable, I think I will buy it.

Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb
Re: Nintendo Switch
Emily Sivana #920965 01/22/17 04:22 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I checked it out online. Seems like you take the system with you on a tablet.

My son likes the concept. I'd like simpler games to be able to play with him. Honestly, the controllers are so complicated these days. I'm an old NES guy. So a simpler control system would work for me. And from what I could see, the controllers for it seem a lot easier. My son has xbox1 and tried to get me to play a game with him. Titanfall 2. It was simply beyond me. He runs it like a champ.

Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!
Emily Sivana #921057 01/23/17 01:05 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Of the three consoles, my kids have always been most loyal to the Nintendo ones and their family of games, so it's a sure bet we'll get it at some point after its release. (We've only owned PS1 & PS4 and X-Box 360, while we've had all the Nintendos back to Super NES.) I'm not sure exactly what all it is supposed to do, either. The boys are all abuzz, though.

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
rickshaw1 #921086 01/24/17 01:06 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Originally Posted by rickshaw1
I checked it out online. Seems like you take the system with you on a tablet.

My son likes the concept. I'd like simpler games to be able to play with him. Honestly, the controllers are so complicated these days. I'm an old NES guy. So a simpler control system would work for me. And from what I could see, the controllers for it seem a lot easier. My son has xbox1 and tried to get me to play a game with him. Titanfall 2. It was simply beyond me. He runs it like a champ.

I think you should check out the NES Classic Mini that was released late in 2016. It is a remake of that console with over thirty built-in games (and it comes with Save features). There was a shortage, but there might be more in stock now.

I am looking forward to Mario Odyssey. They seem to be drawing from a ton of different Mario worlds for that game.

Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb
Emily Sivana #921385 01/30/17 01:41 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Thanks Emily. I'll look into it. I did find a collection of the original DOOM games for his xbox1, and he seemed to like it. But his handheld controller is a lot different from my old one. I still get lost with so many buttons to control, but since I'm familiar with the game it's not tooooo bad.

I just can't do the four and five button combinations to make some character run up a wall do a flip and land on a flying geranium while shooting up meds to extend a life. At least, that's what they seem like to me. wink

Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,012
Posts1,044,319
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Disdemona
Disdemona
Fort McMurray, AB
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star