Who's Online
5 Legionnaires (thoth lad, Paladin, He Who Wanders, Blacula, Emily Sivana), 5 Murran Spies and 47 Spider Guild Agents online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Television Trouble-Finder
Time-Scope
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 4 by thoth lad
Answering Questions with Questions: 15teen by Myg - Andy S
Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 2/17/2017 by Omni
League of Super-Assassins: Ahead of its Time? by Malvolio 10:47 AM
Happy birthday BraJa/Stalgie/Indy/K
appa!
by Emily Sivana 10:15 AM
Our Pets by thoth lad 09:12 AM
thoth probs by thoth lad 08:53 AM
Kill This Thread XX by thoth lad 08:29 AM
Universe-Monitor
DC Comics
Legion Wiki
LMBP Yahoo! Group
LMB Wiki
Facebook Legion World
Twitter Legion World
Legion of Super-Bloggers
The Legion Omnicom
Legion Abstract
Year 3000 - Legion RP site
The Future Begins Now - Legion RP site
We Are Legion - Legion RP site
Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe - Legion
Mike's Amazing World of DC Comics - Legion
Legion of Super-Heroes Online Companion
Hero History at Major Spoilers
Interlac, the Legion of Super-Heroes APA Facebook group
Klordny: Devoted to the Legion of Super-Heroes
APA 247 Yahoo! Group
It's OK, I'm a Senator
Get-a-Life Boy's Legion of Super-Heroes Site
Titanstower
The Legion Files
Heaven4Heroes - Legion
Legion of Super-Heroes fanfic
Glamazonia presenta: Legione Dei Super-Eroi
Super Future Friends
Legion of Substitute Podcasters
Blockade Boy
The Legion of Super-Heroes - Kevin Leung's Original Comic Art Gallery
The Superhero Network Entertainment Group
Omnicom
Page 19 of 19 < 1 2 ... 17 18 19
Topic Options
#922131 - 02/17/17 04:39 AM Re: Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 4/27/2016 [Re: Omni]
Omni Offline
Active

Hi since it has been a while since I've been in here is a mini update.
Mini Legion recap.
The last batches of stories all took place over the course of a weekend in which the Alpha Cadet’s took the weekend off for all their good work, allowing the top 15 Beta cadets to take their place and see what they might be doing eventually some day.

Beta Cadet Missions:
-Mission to Neptune to guard the “heart of Neptune.” Where they encounter and fight Ron Karr who has the ability to make his body extremely flat. He still maintains the ability to move and breathe while in this form

Mission to Boit. The cadets join forces with Jinx a 21st century sorceress who escaped from Mordru and was on a quest for the Sword of Night, which they find. But only after being hunted down by the Blight, also known as Mordru’s shadow deamons that take peoples energy and life. Officer Cuzmon pulls the sword of night free and is its new barer but must give it up in order for Jinx to trap the Blight on the planet Jalnairy, and Jinx and Jim Rook the spirit of the sword keep watch from a nearby moon.

Saving Cadet’s Nolan and Berta Haris.

Alpha Cadet’s weekend activities:

Unknown to Jo and Tinya, the Time trapper has Cub and vow to look for him.
Cadet Sul volunteers to stay and help the Beta Cadets on missions
Captain Allon and Vi go on a date.
Group of Cadets head to club Grav-mix.
-Umbra and Chey-nu share a kiss.
-Triad meets and introduces the underground of Meta, Jacques, and Tusk to the Legion free squad who vows to take out the registration system and help those who don’t want to register to be controlled.
Cadet’s Nolan and Berta Haris go to Cyclone world, where they meet the air elemental A’rie, who chose the camp director Yigr as her new host. Eventually the Beta cadets had to rescue them as Mordru sent his forces.
Daragonmage Mordru’s servant is captured and it is revealed that Berta is a member of the Order of the Sky who worships A’rie.

Other events over the weekend:

M’Onel travels to Daxam and is injured saving a wandering damaged ship from annihilation and is taken planet side where he is introduced and accepted as a member of the Solaris Project a group of Daxmaites who are trained to use their powers in an artificial yellow sun room against the possible return of Mordru. But Dev-em one of the members of the Solaris Project seems to have an issue with him and M’Onel’s not sure but not everything seems on the up and up with Roxxas.
Brin awakens to find out he and Shikari have been brainwashed and controlled by nannites to be Grimbor’s “Hounds”.
Lyle says goodbye to Condo officially.
The rebels meet some of the Cadets who are also Legionnaires and Learn of Wildfires split.
Spark gives Chameleon a new outfit and they figure out that the Legion needs to work on getting thresholds back and that its time to go back to Brande industries.

Mysa and the Emerald eye are in league to undermine Mordru.

Dreamer and Saturn girl finally bring Lyle and Triad into the fold about their fix it squad and Dreamer had a vision of many things to come. One is Cosmic Boy has to still be Magno ball champ.
Domain is tricked By Lyle and Triad into contacting Cosmic Boy’s old manager.

On Colu:
Andromeda writes in her journal about enjoying working on the cities in the southern hemisphere and her fears of how Brainy is still pushing away from her and that Virx and Brainiac 4 have a relationship beyond mentor and friend.
Brainy and Andromeda confess they are from another reality to Virx as thought they were from the future as Brainiac 4 does. Even though she is currently pregnant with this reality’s Brainy.
Brainiac 4 reveals that her mean and heartless nature is due to a curse from the Demon Devil Neron from 1000 years ago made by her ancestor Brainiac II and that Rep. Gux works for Neron and that’s why his family line is her family lines handlers. They are there to ensure the curse is fulfilled.
Andromeda and Brainiac 4 fix the other cities of the southern hemisphere where B4 kills another cybernetic whose advanced coding had spread throughout the town in order to absorb it into her own matrix.

**side note from now on all telepathic communication will be denoted through these symbols. <>. thank you Harbinger for showcasing this idea.

Edited by Omni (02/17/17 05:18 AM)

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001232

Top Loc: Boston | Registered: 02/16/11 | Posts: 719 |
#922133 - 02/17/17 04:42 AM Re: Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 4/27/2016 [Re: Omni]
Omni Offline
Active

Sunday

Scylla
Roll Call:
Cadet Inferno - Sandi Anderson of Scylla– Flame, heat, and light generation and manipulation
Cadet Dirk Morgna of Scylla -Light and heat generation, heat vision, flame generation, transform body into pure light or flame. Avatar of the fire elemental Phy'r. (Currently Phy’r the fire elemental is in the avatars body.)

“I’m glad you agreed to come with me Inferno.” Phy’r the fire elemental in the guise of Sun Boy Avatar Dirk Morgan looked at Inferno with a genuine smile. He didn’t mind Inferno’s fiery temperament and attitude. He accepted that was how her passion was channeled a long time ago. The elemental Phy’r had watched Inferno grow up to be who she is. He guided her in times of trouble when she was a little girl.

“You can drop the Dirk act Phy’r. Besides the whole ladies man thing that Dirk has going for him isn’t my style.” Inferno finished plotting the remainder of the course to Scylla as they exited the slipstream’s gate.

“I’m not channeling Dirk at the moment. I was speaking for myself. I’m happy to be in your light again. I did watch over you and protected your flame.” Phy’r smiled his eyes shifting from Dirk’s human blue eyes to lava of red and black eyes.

“Yeah, I know and I respect that as I always have. But I don’t need you to make me feel better about going back. I can’t deny what’s happening any longer. The darkness within me is growing and I need to find a way to fight it or give in without harming Sari.” Inferno’s gaze didn’t leave the front window of their mini cruiser.

“I wanted to tell you. Nothing more. And you know it can’t be denied. The darkness has come forward and you shall engulf Sister Beauty Blaze and then some.”

“That may be true. But I still need to at least try. Now how about you tell me more about this darkness. It comes from your fire realm doesn’t it?”

“It does but it is originally from this dimension. The darkness is an entity known by many names but in the most recent past of the 21st century it was known as Eclipso. The vile creature of night that was once allied with the dark lord Mordru. The darkness once had a “human” form but eventually he and his eternal anger had been imprisoned inside a black diamond which has possessed many a host.”

“Is that what happened to me? I’ve become possessed by this Eclipso?” Inferno’s gaze still hadn’t shifted from the vastness of space before her.

“Yes. The black diamond fell into the hands of Mordru once again sometime after the great awakening. We tried to destroy it but with it as part of his arsenal there wasn’t much we could do and splitting it would only cause more slaves for Mordru to control. So Lady Mysa had me open the fire realm and cast it there for all eternity. But that was before we elementals were banished and merged with planets, which in my case opened a portal to the fire realm to keep both myself and my host alive. “

“So the black diamond’s energy was powerful enough to fight its way out because of your direct link now?”

“Yes, and that is how the first conduit came about. We choose her to be our champion against the darkness to keep Scylla safe from Eclipso and Mordru.”

“So how does this affect my mom and me? How did the darkness escape this time? Were you sleeping on your watch?” Inferno’s anger mounting while continuing to cart their course to Scylla.

“It was just before we joined the Untied Planets and we were scared that Mordru was going to come looking for me. It was during a protection ritual around Scylla and because our attention was diverted along with your mothers, the darkness escaped and you know the rest.”

“Not everything. Why me and not Sari? Why not both of us?” Inferno stared forward and as small fire tear rolled down her cheek.

“Because it saw a little darkness in you and tried to bring it forth. But that is all I can tell you as we have arrived at Scylla and your sister is greeting us.” Phy’r said opening the communications link from Sister Beauty Blaze.

“It’s so good to see both of you again! I’ve missed you Inferno!” Sister Beauty Blaze’s bright blue eyes shone as her long thick main of scorching locks bounced around her face as she waved at the screen with a big smile.

“She really does have no memory…”Inferno thought knowing that her sister was sincere about missing her.

“You have no idea.” Phy’r thought to himself.

Phy’r and Inferno left their cruiser and landed on the Hearth’s step’s the capital island of the floating cities of Scylla. Inferno quickly did her best to avoid her sister and go to her room. While Phy’r’s body instantly shifted to a light form and jumped into the giant flame at the center of the Hearth.

“It is so good to commune with you directly Dirk and my fire brethren.” Phy’r declared to the flames that began to engulf his form.

“The darkness has returned Phy’r, as it was prophesied. We cannot contain the remainder of the black diamond’s power and it needs to reunite with its host.” The flames danced around Phy’r and Dirk.

“Yes but the host isn’t ready. She won’t survive its possession if she’s not whole.” Phy’r’s head cast downward.

“Unfortunately we cannot wait. It’s taking all we can to not let Dirk get infected with its dark power.”

“But…”

“No more buts Phy’r. By the end of the day Inferno’s darkness will consume her and all around her. Ready or not.”

“Then Dirk we are about to battle for the light of Inferno and Sister Beauty Blaze. We cannot let them go into the darkness.”

Edited by Omni (02/17/17 04:44 AM)

#922134 - 02/17/17 04:58 AM Re: Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 4/27/2016 [Re: Omni]
Omni Offline
Active

Colu, Metaire. Brainiac 5’s Laboratory.
Roll Call:
Brainiac 5 -Querl Dox of Colu U 247 - 12th level intelligence, internalized force field apparatus

Brainy sat in his lab working on improvements to the sleepnet and several projects for the southern hemisphere to rehabilitate it. The lights in the lab were low except for over Brainy’s desk. The holo screens floated before him. Brainy wasn’t sure if his plans would work for the southern hemisphere though. When a small screen began flashing at the bottom of all his screens.

“What’s this?” Brainy tapped the holo screen brining up a file from his mothers files.

The holo screen came to life with his mother’s journal entry about several viruses’ she had helped cure on Colu when she was in her teens.

“The Gillon virus…causes insomnia, chronic itching, and bladder issues. It was seemingly caused by a sentient coming in contact with the Gillon root. When ingested it disrupts the bladder and sleep cycles through infecting brain’s controls over both and the itching is an allergic reaction…interesting…wait…the Gillon root?” Brainy knew it was rare on his universes Colu and began searching for it.

“The Gillon root mainly grows in the southern hemisphere… but during this time the southern hemisphere was off limits and my mother’s excursions didn’t start here for another few years.” Brainy continued to click around, his console lighting up as he typed. The neon yellow light illuminating his face and suddenly a video popped up.

“Test subject 23. I’ve injected him with my serum that I’ve extracted from the Gillon root. I was able to clone a sample of it from sample left in the planet archives. By using the Gillon root itself I hope to find a cure.” Brainiac 4 at age 13 stood before Brainy. He never imagined meeting his mother but he did and now he’s meeting her as a teenager.

“Fascinating and the most logical way to cure a virus.” Brainy thought to himself. Brainy continued watching the video and watched as his mother conducted her research. Brainy watched enthralled at her methods and how detailed she was dissecting the subject to understand the virus. But as Brainy watched he didn’t notice the look of delight on his mother’s face as she carried out these test. But he also didn’t notice the test subject wasn’t dead or unconscious during any of it and was screaming the entire time. But his eyes didn’t leave the screen.

Representative Gux’s office

Representative Gux sat in the center of his office in the center of a giant pentagram drawn on his floor with each point covered by a small jade jar; their openings smoldering a light green smoke. The light from the pentagram gently flickered green in and out as Representative Gux summoned his lord and perpetual thorn in his side, Neron the Lord of Lies.

“Neron I summon the. Come forth and grace me with your presence.” Representative Gux bellowed. Doing his best to stay on tone.

“Oh so formal Gux and your enthusiasm is just infectious.” Neron’s smile was devilishly wide as he looked in from his hellish realm through the mirror across from Gux.

“You know I’m not exactly magical. I’m a man of science.” Rep. Gux stood up from his kneeling position and became rigid.

“You’re a man of whatever I say. Have you finally found our wayward soul?” Neron raised a golden eye brow. His green eyes glowing with mischief.

“No. There is still no sign of Brainiac 4. It’s been almost 16 years to the day.”

“I’m painfully aware of this. I haven’t fed on the darkness of her soul or any of the souls she would have sent me.” Neron bared his teeth with snarl.

“But there is a new heir to the Brainiac mantel and he claims to be her son.”

“A son? Who knew Nyrl had it in her to be a mother.” Neron sat up the flames around him bursting up a bit.

“Yes, his name is Querl Dox and he goes by Brainiac 5. He arrived on Colu a couple months ago. He’s about 16 and I think he may have been the reason Nyrl left.”

“Get to the point Gux.”

“Well the curse says a descendant 1000 years down. It doesn’t specify which one. This Brainiac 5 could take Nyrl’s place. But I would need you to complete the transfer of the curse. This is why I called you here.” Rep. Gux held up two pieces of fabric. One was from Brainiac 4’s old night gown that had been in storage and the other was from Brainiac 5’s laundry.

“This is a good point…”Neron closed his eyes and reached out to touch Brainiac 5’s soul. His hands glowed a bright green as he reached out with his mystical energies through the open portal.
“There is darkness with in him like most humanoids...and your right. But I don’t want to wait to cultivate him like we did Nyrl.”

“I’ve been working him like a dog to make him tired and more susceptible to your influence and I’ve been leaking footage of his mother’s old testing videos and I recently enchanted three of them… one of which he’s watching as we speak.” Rep. Gux slides his hand over the console to his right opening a holo screen showing Brainiac 5 watching the videos.

“I’ll bless and give your enchantment some extra boost.” With a snap of his finger and flash of green light the enchantment’s power increased.

“Keep me updated.”

“I will my lord.” Rep. Gux bowed his head and in a burst of flames in the mirror Neron was gone.

Gobu

Virx stood on the balcony of the Virx Dome looking out over his resurrected city. Gobu had begun to make its way back from the brink of death and so was Virx. He hadn’t felt this good in a long time. Possibly since the first time he met Nyrl. The sun was setting over the ocean. The water glistened as the jumping Flih with their bioluminescent solar scales absorbing the setting sunlight.

“I can’t believe Gobu is almost fully restored. After the second shut off I truly thought I was going to die here alone and now I’ve got Nyrl back and I’ve even managed to make a friend.” Virx thought to himself as he watched the Flih jump.

Nyrl stood behind him watching him.

“For a dying man you’re looking rather well.” Nyrl made her presence known to him.

“How could I not. I’m watching the rebirth of my city…my race all with your help. Plus new friendships and the rekindling of old.” Virx held out his hand to Nyrl his aged eyes a pale green-gray stared into her vibrant green-yellow eyes.

“Things are coming along rather nicely. We’ve got Gobu completely restored and within the following weeks the rest of the southern hemisphere will be up and running. We just need a population.” Nyrl took his hand and wrapped herself in his arms and stared out at the ocean.

“We will. Our race will be whole again. I know there are sentients that will join us. Our Coluian brothers and sisters thirst for knowledge and we offer another form of that.” Virx hugged her tightly against his slender frame. His wheezing slowing down.

The two stood there for a moment watching the sun dip below the horizon and the moon slowly rising. Stars began to dot the sky.

“It is nice if our son could be part of that race.” Virx said wistfully his eyes never leaving the rising moon.

“When did you figure it out?” Nyrl asked. Her voice was even not a hint of nervousness.

“About a week. He and I were working on a few security ideas for Gobu and modifications to deal with the cybernetic nature of our beings and not just the human parts. He’s a lot like you. But then he’s not.”

“Yes, my…our son is a Brainiac after all. The most intelligent sentients in the galaxy.” Nyrl smirked.

“Yes but he’s empathetic and kind and as much as I love you these are qualities I know you don’ttttt…possessssss.” Virx’s eyes fluttered for a moment as his processing unit rebooted.

“Also his age coincides with the time we spent together 16 years ago. Not to mention his DNA scans I ran.” Virx continued when Nyrl didn’t say anything.

“Are you going to tell him?” Nyrl asked.

“I thought it might be better if it caame from you.” Virx turned Nyrl around gently.

“I’ll talk to him.” Nyrl leaned in and kissed him gently before hugging him close. Nyrl hated hearing that Virx thought and knew that’s how she was. She was cruel and uncaring but she cared what Virx thought of her and right now it didn’t seem like much.

The stars shone brightly across the clear night sky as the two of them hugged each other. Each unsure of what the next day would bring. But for the first time since they’ve met it was hopeful for the start of something new.

Colu Orbit

The pink ort clouds wafted around Colu’s solar system. Lyle’s fingers glided across the consol of the Legion’s mini cruiser. The stars above Colu shined brightly.

“I can’t wait to see you Brainy. It’s been forever. I need to have even the slightest break after all of the craziness that’s been going on. Maybe we can even work on a project together that doesn’t involve saving the universe.” Lyle thought to himself before he finished the cloaking sequence that would allow him to land on Colu undetected.

Edited by Omni (02/17/17 05:01 AM)

#922136 - 02/17/17 05:09 AM Re: Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 4/27/2016 [Re: Omni]
Omni Offline
Active

Daxam
Roll Call:
M’Onel -Lar Gand (Valor) of Daxam U247 - flight, invulnerability, solar absorption and healing. X-ray vision, penetra- vision, heat vision, super breath, freeze breath, super human speed, reflexes, endurance and sense (vision, smell, hearing, touch.)
Ol-Vir - the youngest member of the Solaris Project. Specialization: speed.

M’Onel flew around the Sol room as fast as he could. it had been a two days since he last flew and M’Onel could feel that just how much he needed to stretch his muscles.

“I’ve been longing for a sense of home outside the Legion for so long now and here I am on Daxam with a chance to have something but I can’t shake the feeling of wanting to run…to wander to explore.” M’Onel thought to himself as a small blur of blue and yellow sped past him.

“Get your head in the game Lar!” M’Onel thought to himself as he pushed himself harder to fly faster.

M’Onel and the blue and blonde blur raced around the upper part of the Sol room. The vacuum the two of them were creating started to throw some of the equipment around sending a few of the free weights flying about. One of which went flying at the blue and blonde blur.

“Watch out Ol-Vir.” M’Onel screamed as he pushed himself forward and took the brunt of the force of the weights as they made their way towards the two of them.
M’Onel crashed into the wall behind him cracking its gray paneling.

Ol-Vir speed around and stopped directly in front of M’Onel.

“You OK buddy?”

“Yeah…never better. Ha.” M’Onel laughed and coughed as he sat up.

“That was a fun race and you almost beat me. If the weights hadn’t gotten in the way you might have won.” Ol-Vir’s smile was bright as he helped up M’Onel.

“Rematch sometime.” M’Onel smiled back.

“But now I think I’ve got to hit the sonic showers…maybe even a dip in the rejuvenation chambers. I’m still not up to par after my run in with the planetary defense satellites.” M’Onel smiled weakly.

“Next time we’ll tie down the weights or maybe just clear the room.” Ol-Vir said stretching his legs.

“Too bad we can’t do a planet race. Run around the world. A hero race.” M’Onel smiled.

“That would be Gaxit! Maybe we can finally test out those solar converters they’ve been talking about.”

“Solar Converters?” M’Onel asked.

“They’ve started developing bracelets that would allow the red sunlight to be absorbed by us and transform it into yellow sunlight. Then we could use our powers outside.” Ol-Vir’s excitement was clear. He couldn’t wait to run and fly across Daxam and maybe even the galaxy.

“That would make sense if we’re expected to defend against Mordru out in the open.”

“M’Onel can I ask you something?” Ol-Vir’s brown eyes were wide.

“Sure Ol-Vir. What’s on your mind?” M’Onel patted Ol-Vir on the back as they left the Sol room.

“What’s outer space like?” Ol-Vir’s smile beamed even brighter as he looked up at M’Onel.

“Haha. It’s vast. But I can answer all your questions after my sonic shower.” M’Onel and Ol-Vir walked towards the barracks.

At the other end of the hallway Dev-em listed to the two of them prattle on about space and it angered him. How could Ol-Vir turn his back on Daxam on his people to listen to this Alien’s drivel?

“My little brother is going nowhere. I’m going to keep Ol-Vir safe. I’m going to keep Daxam safe.” Dev-em’s eyes glowed a deep red.

Edited by Omni (02/17/17 05:11 AM)

#922137 - 02/17/17 05:24 AM Re: Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 4/27/2016 [Re: Omni]
Omni Offline
Active

Marina Bay Warehouse District, Metropolis. Earth. Secret Headquarters of the Legion of Super Heroes from Universe 247.
Roll Call:
Saturn Girl - Imra Ardeen – telepathy, mind control, reading and communication. Of Titan U247
Randall Burroughs Atom'x of Xanthu of U247/248 formerly Wildfire - kinetic control over atomic energy and the atoms that compose them. Concussive, searing blasts. Flight, Phasing/Ghost, Radiation.
Jahr-Drake Ningle - Blast-Off of Earth of U247/248 formerly Wildfire - Flight and invulnerability
Meta Ulnoor- of Titan.-Mind reading, telepathy, psi-blast.

“Ok just focus Drake and Randall I want you both to concentrate. Let both of your minds wander.” Saturn Girl sat on the gym mats across from the two young men.

The two of them couldn’t be more different in looks but after billions of years as a feral star they were the same person. It had been little over a month since their separation but the two hadn’t fully separated yet.

“Is this going to take much longer?” Jahr-Drake and Randall said in unison. Even though they both had annoyed expressions on their face from talking in unison they both felt they weren’t getting anything out of this meditation.

“Part of what we need to do is get you two thinking separately and the best way to do that is to try and meditate and I will telepathically mediate the two of you.” Saturn girl sat there doing her best to concentrate and sift through their thoughts and distinguish which ones belonged to whom.

<This is nuts. We’re split. But not. I just want my own thoughts for more than a few minutes at a time.> Jahr-Drake thought his astral form flying high above them his yellow aura glowing bright. He felt like himself here. But on the physical plane he couldn’t stop being with Randall.

<I understand your frustration Jahr-Drake. But your minds are melded on the physical plane. Here it’s easier to separate. But you’ll get there.> Saturn Girl’s astral pink form stood next to her body patiently trying to real in Jahr-Drake. She understood how to handle the two of them when they were joined as Wildfire. His mind was complex and usually rather brash but with the best of intentions. But now each had those qualities in varying amounts still making it hard to really see where one ended and the other began.

<Maybe we should focus on getting to know who we were before we merged?> Randall stood by his body his tangerine aura dime showing how hard he was working to think through this. Randall seemed to be having the hardest time reasserting himself. He was an upstanding member of the Uncanny Amazers and had practiced his powers but not much else.

<What do you mean?> Jahr-Drake asked landing next to Randall.

<We could spend time apart or in activities the other doesn’t like to help. Go on separate missions and maybe separate sessions here.> Randall’s aura brightened at the thought and so did Jahr-Drakes.

<Agreed. That is something we can arrange. But I actually have a proposal for the two of you.> Saturn Girl walked over to them.

<What’s up SG?> Jahr-Drake asked. The two of them mimicking the other with crossing their arms.

<I think it’s time you join the academy. I’d be able to help you better there and your tandem team work would be in valuable. I really want you two to think about this.> Saturn Girl knew this was the only way to get the two of them in a battle or contact with Mordru anytime soon to cement them to this reality. If this was going to work.

<What about the team? We’re dropping like flies here. Invisible Kid is leaving for Colu. M’Onel is on Daxam and we’ve got these new kids. Someone’s gotta keep them in line.> Jahr-Drake didn’t like the idea of leaving the team so depowered.

<Jahr has a point.> Randall couldn’t help but agree and he enjoyed being a power house again. Him, Star Boy, and Cos were the teams power casters. He couldn’t leave them. But then again he could prove he was the best. However that did get him killed before and in this situation to begin with.

<It’s something you should think about. It could help with the separate missions. More so than what the Legion has right now.>

“There’s still Kari…and Brin.” Jahr-Drake said.

Saturn Girl saw clearly that Jahr-Drake was the part of them that cared for Shikari.

<The team will find them and the new comers can help. But if you two really want to stay then that’s fine. As I said give it some thought.>Saturn Girl’s aura glowed gently as she pushed at their minds to think it over. She didn’t want to force them unless she had to and right now she could sense Randall’s curiosity and Jahr-Drake’s apprehension about not being there to find Shikari and the team.

The three of them slowly returned to their bodies from the astral plane. Their eyes fluttering open.

“Good session guys and please think about my offer. I’ve got to head back to the Academy. But we’ll be in touch soon for another session.” Saturn Girl smiled at the two of them before heading to the commissary.

Over in the corner Meta stood watching the three of them before crossing onto the mats.

“Are you guys done with your session? I wanted to call out the hard light holo workout gear.” Meta looked the two of them up and down before casting a side glace towards Saturn girl.

“Is there a problem Meta?” Randall asked seeing the look.

“How do you guys trust her? She’s with the Academy.” Meta’s brown eyes narrowed while she used the console to call up the bench press and elliptical.

“She’s SG. She’s got our backs. She’s Legion just like us and we told you the Legion’s working from the inside and the outside and remember you trusted Triad.” Randall responded. They hadn’t told the new kids about their alternate reality status or unstableness of this reality.

“Who?” Meta asked she had to learn so many names but the concept of code names just baffled her.

“Lu. The one who brought you to us. We trust each other and now that you’re staying here you need to trust us just like we’re trusting you. She may be a bit up tight but her hearts in the right place.” Randall patted the green hard light bench press and holding his hands under the bar.

“I guess. But I’ll still keep my distance.” Meta answered laying down on the bench press.

Randall winked at Jahr-Drake, who winked back before heading back over to the floating couches to play more holo-games.

“But I can offer psychic help if you want. I couldn’t help but over hear your astral selves.” Meta touched the bar her hands inches away from Randall’s. He could feel the heat from her hands.

“Yeah, couldn’t help it huh?” Randall smiled as Meta lifted the bar smiling down at her.

“Ok so maybe I eased dropped a little. Guhh!” Meta grunted.

“So you mentioned some psychic sessions?” Randall guided the bar up and down.

“I’m a telepath too and I’m sure I could help you find some sense of individuality.” Meta continued to lift while Randall looked down at her his smile beaming.

“Maybe. I’ll think about it.”

“That’s all I can ask.” Meta put the bar back up on the holders before getting up taking her towel to her face before hopping on the elliptical.

Edited by Omni (02/17/17 05:26 AM)

#922138 - 02/17/17 05:34 AM Re: Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 4/27/2016 [Re: Omni]
Omni Offline
Active

Montauk Point, Metropolis Earth - United Planets Special Unit training academy
Top Level: Captain Allon's office and living quarters.

Roll Call:
Captain Gim Allon- Captain and headmaster of the Science Police Special Unit Training Academy
Violet - Salu Digby – able to shrink to microscopic and grow gigantic size at will. Of Imsk U247
Ferro - Andy Nolan – moveable iron body, super strength and invulnerability of 20th century Earth U247
Saturn Girl - Imra Ardeen – telepathy, mind control, reading and communication. Of Titan U247

It had been a long weekend for everyone. But Captain Allon sat in his office knowing this upcoming week was just the beginning. By the end of the week the special squad would be chosen and he would be leaving the academy behind and starting his long awaited war on Mordru. But first things first there was some small business to take care of.

“Captain you wanted to see me?” Cadet Nolan walked into Captain Allon’s office from the jump tube.

“Yes, I did and thank you for coming Cadet Nolan. I had some questions for you about your weekend away. More specifically I wanted to know how you were flying on Cyclone world. Your nannite bracelet doesn’t say that flying is one of your capabilities.” Captain Allon sat behind his desk. Cadet Nolan was one of the few Cadets that used a nannite bracelet as his skin was impenetrable to anything they had tried to use to inject him with the nannites and therefore had complete freedom.

“I was flying…”

“<help!!! Imra help!>” Cadet Nolan thought out into the world.

“<What’s wrong Ferro?>” Imra thought back from the couple’s suite’s common room having just gotten back from the Legion’s secret headquarters at the Marina.

“<They caught me flying with my flight ring on Cyclone World and now Captain Allon is asking questions.>”

“<Tell him the truth. That the rings were made for us during our travels but that they are keyed to only work for our DNA, which is true or in your case your genetic alloy. The Science Police already caught us with and confiscated them from us. They studied them as much as they could I’m sure.>” Imra thought back to Cadet Nolan

“Uhmm...the rings we were captured with give each of us the ability to fly and they are communication devices which I’m sure you’re aware of Captain.”

“Thank you for your honesty Cadet Nolan. We had tried to study the rings when you were booked but all we could determine was they were used to communicate. How does the flight function work?”

“I’m not 100% sure. You just think of flying in the direction you want to go and it does the rest. You just have to concentrate.”

“So anybody can put one of those on and fly?” Captain Allon’s curiosity peaked. If the cadets had those rings it would be helpful.

“No Captain. The rings are keyed to our DNA or in my case my genetic alloy.” Cadet Nolan’s voice tightened on that last part. He still longed to be human.

“Could more be made?” Captain Allon’s voice was hopeful.

“No, I’m afraid not. Brainiac 5, the one who was deported to Colu as I’m sure you’re aware is the one who made the rings.” Cadet Nolan regained his composure.

“That’s too bad. Maybe we could get his help to make some for us. The flight belts have been malfunctioning lately and they don’t work in certain atmospheres. Those rings seem like they could come in handy. If you talk to your Coluian friend maybe you could ask him to make more?”

“Maybe. But I doubt it.”

“We’ll no harm in trying. Also you can spread the word to your “Legion” friends that they can use their rings if it helps. Just do your best to be discrete about it. The powers that be would want to get their hands on that.” Captain Allon knew a few of them could use it and did hope it would help. He wanted these cadets to be the best they could and if this helped in battle then who was he to not use it as an advantage.

“Yes sir. Is there anything else you need Captain?” Cadet Nolan gulped a bit shocked at him using that term. He and the others had given the name as a “Legion of travelers” as a cover story but to hear him use it sounded strange. Cadet Nolan couldn’t help but wonder if Vi had told him more about all of them and if so just how much. He hadn’t met their realities Gim Allon aka Leviathan. He was a hero but a ghost he had to fight past to try and be with Vi.

“Yes, one more thing. Are you ok with me seeing Cadet Vi? I know the two of you are close and well I’ve noticed you may have more than friendship in mind.” Captain Allon did his best to try and stay neutral.

“Yes, once I did. But Vi is a friend of mine and I’m more interested in her happiness and her happiness seems to lie with you. the only thing I ask is that you treat her right and if you don’t you’ll have me to deal with.” Cadet Nolan’s iron eyes locked on Captain Allon’s brown eyes.

“Understood Cadet and if I do hurt her you have my permission to knock the Sprock out of me.” Captain Allon smiled trying his best to lighten the mood.

“Anything else Captain?” Cadet Nolan stood at attention as he asked this.

“No nothing else Cadet. Dismissed.” Captain Allon has wished this meeting had gone better but at least now he knew where Cadet Nolan stood with Vi and he had a better understanding of those rings. Captain Allon drew on his omnicom a circle with the L and star emblem just like those are the rings. He wasn’t totally positive but he had a feeling this symbol could mean a lot more than initially thought.

“And if Cadet Nolan can’t get his friend to help maybe that pain in the butt Tharok could design a similar ring or deceive.” Captain Allon thought to himself.

Edited by Omni (02/17/17 05:35 AM)

#922139 - 02/17/17 05:38 AM Re: Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 4/27/2016 [Re: Omni]
Omni Offline
Active

Level 69 – Vi and Monstress’ room.
roll call:
Violet - Salu Digby – able to shrink to microscopic and grow gigantic size at will. Of Imsk U247

Vi sat on her bed with her hands held together.

“I shouldn’t have grabbed this before I left…but I needed something of his.” Vi thought to herself.

“But now I have him and it’s so close to being back to the way it was…the way it could have been.” Vi opened her hands and gently turned over her reality’s Gim Allon aka Leviathan’s flight ring.

Vi knew that this Gim wasn’t her Gim and he never would be. She actually had gotten to know this Gim over the last several months of missions, working out, and now finally their first date possibly better than her Gim. But knowing that this reality was warping in ways to suit the Legion made Vi wonder if this was a way for her Gim to be coming back. His golden ring looked so small in her hands the light bouncing off it.

“If I give Gim this ring and it works for him I’ll have to explain to him how he has a Legion ring…and who we are and where we’re from. I know we’re supposed to be keeping this a secret and we don’t want to alarm and affect things any more than we are and tell the people this reality is unstable and could cease to exist. But at the same point I’m falling for him and I want him to know me.” Vi thought to herself starring at the ring turning it over and over in her hands.

Edited by Omni (02/17/17 05:41 AM)

#922144 - 02/17/17 05:59 AM Re: Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 4/27/2016 [Re: Omni]
Omni Offline
Active

Scylla
Roll Call:
Cadet Inferno - Sandi Anderson of Scylla– Flame, heat, and light generation and manipulation
Cadet Dirk Morgna of Scylla -Light and heat generation, heat vision, flame generation, transform body into pure light or flame. The Avatar of the elemental Phy'r. (currently Phy’r the fire elemental is in the avatars body.)
Cadet Inferno - Sandi Anderson of Scylla–flame heat and light generation and manipulation
Sister Beauty Blaze- Inferno’s sister. Flame heat and light generation and manipulation.

The Eternal Flames light twisted as it neared sundown. Phy’r The Fire Elemental and his host Dirk Morgna waited inside the Hearth with three other fire mages from the Sisterhood of the Eternal Flame each a master at bending fire to their will.

“Are you sure this is going to be a battle? Maybe Inferno isn’t going to burn away everything.” Dirk Morgna said trying to stay positive.

“She’s going to destroy all. The darkness will consume her as it does everyone of its host. I know you can feel it gnawing at you in the back of your mind. I feel it too. We are connected. The sooner you get that the easier it will be for us to use our power in tandem.”

“I know we are. I get it. I just don’t want to hurt them. Sari is pretty nova. Get it. that’s the latest slang I’m helping spread on Scylla. I’m trying to be more than just an inspirational all knowing Great Flame.”

“It is Eternal Flame and Guidance! You are providing guidance! And of course I get it. I’ve been around since creation. Also you are not the first to try that.” Phy’r quipped at his young host. But his quip was more like a snap.

“I know your fondness for her. I’ve felt it. but your fondness is for a person who does not exist.”

“Can you explain that again? I mean she’s here with me every day. She talks to me and listens to me.” Dirk’s blue eyes looked up at the Flame that housed his body. Thinking back to times when Sari sat with him his first few nights because he was scared about the responsibility he had taken on.

“She is a fire construct made from a portion of Inferno’s psyche. When the Darkness struck Inferno, her mother did the only thing she could. she created a being of fire made flesh to house the power of the Black diamond. But the power of the Black Diamond was too great and two thirds of it was housed within Inferno and the fire construct who became her sister Sari as she is a part of Inferno.”

“So I’m falling for Inferno?” Dirk Morgna lifted a reddish brown eye brow and shrugged with a wink.

The fire mages stood by practicing their fire bending while they continued to talk. But slowly Inferno and Sister Beauty Blaze entered the Hearth. The fire mages stood on guard. The Eternal Flame’s bright yellow and orange light slowly dulled its flames flickering to an amber hue casting its shadows across the skies.

“Greetings Phy’r, Dirk… fire mages. What’s going on here?” Sister Beauty Blaze looked around the Hearth her eyes glowing for split second as each torch light up around the Hearth.

“Hey Sari…” Dirk started.

“The Darkness is coming. The fire gods are to release the remainder of its power from the fire realm. It will consume you.” Phy’r’s lava eyes didn’t blink his face and body reacting taking on a fighting stance and flame armor erupting from his body.

Even thought Dirk stood there with his arms greeting the two of them the same armor ruptured around him its flames flickering a bright blue along the tips.

“So…you’re fighting us now? Phy’r just let me look at the books or talk to the fire realm. There has to be a way to beat the Eclipso power.” Inferno took as step forward and the fire mages snapped their fingers and a wall of flame burst forth around her.

“I can control and generate fire too. I’m one of the chosen.” Inferno rolled her brown eyes.
“Inferno you are not one of the chosen you are the chosen.” Phy’r’s armor didn’t drop but his stance changed. His shield still present but less offensive and more defensive. The room was a blaze with the fire mages walls, the torches and the fire armor. Not a single shadow present as the Eternal Flame’s light dimed.

“What are you talking about Great Phy’r? We are both chosen because of our access to the flame and our powers.” Sister Beauty Blazes shook her head for a moment as a stray thought of anger entered her mind.

“Yes and in all of the history of the Eternal Flame there has only been one. But here there is two of you.”

“It’s just how it happened. That’s what mom said.” Inferno’s anger was starting to boil.

“You two are the different sides of the same coin. You are each other.” Dirk blurted out. The tension was too much for him. if there was going to be a battle then he wanted it over with.

“What?” Sister Beauty Blaze rushed forward and a wall erupted around her the fire mages stopping their feet sending their flames across the auburn floor.

“Ahhh!” Sister Beauty Blaze jumped back before regaining her composure.

“Explain Dirk. Please” Sari’s blue eyes shimmered as she looked at him.

“The darkness corrupted you completely and the only thing my previous host and your mother could do was to send as much of the darkness back into the fire realm and the remaining which was still even too much was split into a fire avatar. Into you Sari. You’re fire made flesh.” Phy’r explained.

“What are you talking about? She’s my older sister. She’s been there looking out for me forever!” Inferno barked her anger and confusion growing and her flames rushing up the sides of her arms.

“Inferno you were ten years old when this happened. Sari was made to look after you and split the darkness from your soul.” The process nearly killed your mother.

“Nearly killed?” She died just two years later. She should have lived to see us grow up!” Sari screamed. But they both had tears welling up in their eyes as their flames grew, flickering up their arms.

“I know and it was hard to watch Sun girl’s light go out.”

“But we can’t waste any more time. the darkness is returning from the fire realm. I know you can feel it Inferno.” Phy’r looked at Inferno intensely.

“No! I want answers! You’re saying we’re not sisters. But the same person and we don’t remember this because you did a fire wipe on us…on me?” Inferno shook her head the white flames flowing up her neck and into short blond hair.

“Yes. It was necessary. Sari is a part of you that aged due to the amount of anger and jealousy and darkness that was poured into her when the fire settled into place. You were meant to be twins so that one day we could seamlessly reintegrate the two of you.” Phy’r explained. His lava crusted eyes looked to the Eternal Flame, its light almost a dull glow signifying the end of the day on Scylla.

“Be ready my lords!” a fire mage with four arms called. All four of his arms working in unison to weave the same fire protection spells.

High above the Eternal Flame the sky swirled with the flames flickers before erupting open its fire walls parting.

“END OF DAY! DARKNESS RAINS!” The Fire gods spoke sending a hail storm of Black diamond fragments down into the Hearth.

The Black Diamonds flew around the room searching for darkness within all in the room. But the spell of protection protected the mages and Dirk and by extension Phy’r. Flooding back to Inferno and Sister Beauty Blaze the two were lifted into the air the Black Diamonds circling them their flames changing completely too bright blue white.

“Darkness is her!” the two of them said in unison and instantly the two of them had their memories restored and in seconds Sari’s body was reduced to flames and her essences transferred into Inferno’s body. Inferno’s brown eyes and mouth wide open as her eyes changed to grey and then to a smoldering black and her short blond hair grew to shoulder length, sleek and fine with flames running through strands tapering out at the strands in the back.

“I AM FREE! YOU WILL ALL PERISH BY MY FLAME!” Inferno shouted her black eyes casting down on Dirk, Phy’r, and the three fire mages.

“You will not take them!” Dirk conjured up a sword of pure sunlight and threw it at Inferno with all his might.

“Haha! You’re so cute Dirk. You really are and I have to tell you Sari was falling for you. she really was. Too bad you’re just not enough fire for Inferno!” The now controlled Inferno rasped as she sent a blue flame straight for Dirk.

A wall of flame surrounded Dirk blocking it from striking him. the flames burned blue as they absorbed them before dying down.

“Thank you my friends!” Dirk used the heat waves in the air to push himself up into the air and began his assault of fire balls on Inferno while two of the fire mages used their bending skills to hold Inferno in place.

“Mhhh…I’m not enjoying being so confined.” Inferno cracked her neck before swirling around in place and sent out white hot balls of fire of her own.

“AHHHHHHHHH!” one of the fire mages screamed out in pain as she was incinerated instantly.

“There we go. A little bit more maneuverability.” Inferno’s voice cracked with malice as her hands burst with flames.

Phy’r charged Inferno jumping up and using his molten lava sword to strike her down. Raising her hands Inferno cast a fire shield its flames bursting forward creating a bubble around them. The light flashing as they clashed flames. The two of them threw punch after punch and with each one the flames lashed out across the room. The remaining two fire mages doing their best to deflect the flames and create protection and fire containment spells to keep the darkness in the Hearth. Dirk flew up high firing his own flames on Inferno but each burst was met with it being steamed out evaporating instantly.

“It is getting so hot in here almost too hot to breath.” The four armed fire mage yelled her spells starting to fail and just like that she fainted and her spells were gone Inferno was free now and she began flying higher and targeted Dirk.

“What is your fascination with me?” Dirk started flying around the room trying to get away from Inferno.

“Don’t you want me any more Dirk!” Inferno yelled blasting Dirk doing her best to kill him.

“What are you doing?” Phy’r yelled his hand glowing red as fire erupted out of the floor. Twisting the heated metal with it. the melted slag dropping everywhere almost hitting the fire mages. Phy’r cast a flame wall at the last second to finish burning it away.

“Killing your host and taking your power. Now that I’m whole again I can now claim your power for my own.” Inferno’s white flame grew brighter as she used her power to manipulate Phy’r’s flame to bath the fire mages in it killing them instantly.

“Using the flame so perversely will not be tolerated.”

“Please! Flame is life and destruction. You know this and I know you’ll reveal in my darkness soon enough.” Inferno blasted beams of white light at Phy’r.

“I can’t deny that. But you’ll never take my flame or my host!” Phy’r breathed in drawing in all the flames and light until he was a giant flame his hands grabbing hold of Inferno.

“Your darkness will not spread. Leave this girl now Eclipso!” Phy’r commanded his hands to flare and burn the darkness from her.

“Urhhh! I will not be without a host again! my darkness will spread!” Inferno’s white flames began circling her and infecting Phy’r’s flames turning them white and searing his flamed hand.

“Ouch! That actually hurt!” Phy’r dropped Inferno as she flew away.

“The black diamond makes my flames hotter than you can handle and this battle is over! Next we meet, Phy’r you will be host less.” Inferno screamed before flashing frying the dome of the Hearth blasting a giant hole in it.

“after her!” Phy’r yelled.

Dirk followed behind and sounded the alarm igniting the Prism Brigades light show doing their best to blind Inferno with her light reflecting off their wings.

“Arrhhhhh! I’ll fry all of you!” flames pushed outward scorching their wings making them fall from the sky and onto the islands below. Inferno flew straight for the cruiser quickly getting inside and taking off.

“You’ll see me again Phy’r.” Inferno thought to herself as she piloted the small cruiser up activating its slipstream drive.

“We’re too late. Their…She’s gone” Dirk thought over his and Phy’r’s telepathic rapport.

Edited by Omni (02/17/17 06:00 AM)

#922619 - 46 minutes 10 seconds ago Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 2/26/2017 [Re: Omni]
Omni Offline
Active

Earth, Monday Morning
Montauk Point, Metropolis Earth - United Planets Special Unit training academy
Level 40: Alpha cadets meeting room.

Roll call:
All 52 Alpha Cadets.
Captain Gim Allon- Captain and headmaster of the Science Police Special Unit Training Academy
Sergeant Shvaughn Erin -Science Police Sergeant and instructor
Tactical Science Police Officer Gigi Cuzmon

“Welcome back Cadets I hope you enjoyed your weekend away.” Captain Allon looked around the large room that was literally an entire floor of the Academy. The room that was meant for all 342 cadets and then some. The back corner held a cage for Validus. Captain Allon insisted that he be included in the meetings. He maybe a giant monster and limited cognitive abilities but he deserved to be treated as a member of the team and not just their attack dog.

“As I’m sure you’ve all heard the beta class that helped out in your stead did a great job and you all might have some competition coming up. But for now we need to get back to business as usual. Something’s have changed since your departure and you will all have received updates to your omnicoms. One of those being that the threat Mordru represents has become more eminent and because so many of you are doing so well the special squad will be chosen by the end of the week. After this week’s missions and round of tests our final decisions will be made. I look forward to working with all of you, as myself, Sergeant Erin, and Officer Cuzmon will be joining you in the field.

“Thought you got rid of us didn’t ya.” Officer Cuzmon called out with a smile.

“This week we have a couple missions that have been preselected. The first being a search for the Elemental Rrox. Our very own Sun Boy Dirk Morgna needs help finding Rrox and the newly hosted A’rie. The team that’s been picked is as follows;” Captain Allon’s hand glided across the console the holo screen lighting up with each of their profile images.

“Cadet Dirk Morgan…”Called the AI system Dirks profile image sliding to the mission board.

“Cadet Sandi Anderson aka Inferno.”

“Excuse me, Captain Allon but Cadet Inferno is no longer with us and has been taken over by the entity known as Eclipso. She has fled to areas unknown.” Cadet Dirk Morgna aka Phy’r said standing up.

“We’ll track her through the nannites.” Sergeant Erin said quickly taking to the console to try and open up her nannite file.

“I wouldn’t bother Sergeant. I thought of that as soon as I returned and it seems the Black Diamond which houses the Eclipso power had intensified her own powers and burnt them completely out of her system.”

“He’s right. I have no register on Cadet Inferno.” Sergeant Erin looked up from the console mad.

“Alright... that is a problem we’ll add to the list. We may form a squad to go after her somehow.” Captain Allon’s determination was clear.

“But first things first. That being said there is an opening in the Alpha cadet ranks. Computer, call up the next highest ranking beta cadet and ping them to come to this room immediately, thank you.” Captain Allon swiped his hand across his console.

“Back to the squad at hand. Cadet Imra Ardeen, Cadet Skye Haris, Cadet Blok, Cadet Dune, Cadet Purtha, Cadet Wentim, Cadet Nolan, Cadet Magz, Cadet Gsxx, and Cadet Dulga will be joining Cadet Morgna on his quest for the other Elementals.” Captain Allon swiped his fingers across the console throwing their profile pictures up to the board.

“The second mission is headed by me and Cadets James Cullen, Rikane, Evening, Umbra, Wazzo-Nah, Swanson, Mavien, and Ayrla. We’re looking for a planet that doesn’t exist.”

Tharok sat up his interest peeked.

“Recently this ship was found on RumCok-8 one of 8 small moons near the planet Bellatrix and through much work trying to decrypt its systems we have discovered it goes to a planet that no one has ever heard of. The ship will only go to the one location and back. But we don’t have the keys to start the ship.” the ship appeared on the holo screen. Its outer hall was gray with only one distinguishable symbol painted on it, what looked like the shape of a skeleton but with two eyes “x”ed out.

Tharok realized they were talking about where he was supposed to go when the symbol on it was the shape of one of the keys he had retrieved for the Dark Man.

“Captain, shouldn’t I be on this mission? It’s hacking a computer.” Cadet Tharok raised his hand.

“Ahhh yes. Tharok. I actually over looked that for a moment. You are on this mission. But Validus isn’t.” Captain Allon admitted. He was hoping Tharok wouldn’t want to go. He knew how valuable he’d be but he couldn’t trust him.

“We’ll be leaving to look at the ship which is docked on the moon RumCok-8 in the Andromeda galaxy. But the ship only recently came online. It was coated in space dust and had an outer shell of rock. The metal alloy has been carbonated and its 600 years old. So this is an ancient civilization we could be dealing with.” The excitement in Captain Allon’s voice was clear.

“Does it belong to Bellatrix? They’ve been on that planet for about that long. Maybe they put it there.” Cadet Jazmin Cullen added.

“We’ve been in talks with and have worked with the Bellitrixian government and research teams since its discovery. Nothing comes up. The ship is just as foreign to them. The technology is ancient but advanced for its time. The ship is from an unknown planet and civilization from what we’re finding.”

“It may not be a completely unknown planet Captain. The Cadets and I had a run in with Black Mace. He stole all information pertaining to a planet in the Andromeda Galaxy where this ship is pointed. The planet is Anndranna; it’s the third planet from the white dwarf JS-33. But we went to that location and there is no planet there. We checked for cloaking, light bending, shadow scape, and we even tried sonar. Let me tell you in space, doesn’t bring back a whole lot of information.”

“Then it’s not the same planet.” Captain Allon insisted.

“But I think that’s where the planet used to be. I think it was moved.” Sergeant Erin continued on flashing a wink at Captain Allon for drama.

“Planets are destroyed all the time naturally and we know planets can be moved. Yes, it changes the gravimetric forces. But the universe has a way of bouncing back. I think that ship points to Anndranna’s new location.” Sergeant Erin crossed in front of the floating desk at the front of the room.

“But?” Officer Cuzmon chimed in with a smirk sitting back in her floating chair.

“I think there is something at Anndranna’s original location and I think we should send a small team there.” Sergeant Erin smiled. She liked coming up with missions for the cadets that weren’t always that glamorous. Show them what it’s really like to be a Science Police Officer.

“Who’s your team?” Captain Allon had to hand it to her, ever the diligent drill sergeant.

“Cadets Nah, Garth Razz, Astor and Lour will be the watch team.” Sergeant Shavaugn

The cadets who all had been chosen for missions began studying their omnicoms while other missions were announced.

Cadet Ardeen looked around before telepathically linking to Cadet Garth Ranzz.

<Garth do you think this is what the Legion would have been like if we got to these numbers?>

<I don’t know Imra. There were so many of us it seemed like there were too many at times. But now, there are cadets that I didn’t even realize were in the Alpha class. So the Legion seems like a tight family now compared this academy.> Cadet Garth looked over at Cadet Dryk Magz who was studying his omnicom. This reality’s doppelganger of his friend didn’t seem to have near as much spirit. But Garth hadn’t seen him before this point. The Cadets seats are by rank and his seat has always been in the first two rows. Dryk recently shot up the ranks it seems as he’s entered the second row just five seats away from Garth.

<Garth>”

<Yes Imra>”

<I don’t want to say it but we’ve been here so long and lost for even longer…> Imra didn’t want to finish that thought.

<I’m forgetting what its means to be Legion too.> Garth chocked up even in his thoughts. The two of them didn’t know what to do with that feeling. No matter the team meetings. They couldn’t make this the Legion.

Imra felt even worse as she was working to make this reality theirs. But she wasn’t sure what that meant any more. Their new lives weren’t bad. The academy was much like the Legion. They were official science police and not costumed heroes. But they provided the same function and they were even a symbol of diversity, which even their own ranks hadn’t quite, lived up to. Imra slowly rechecked into the meeting while letting her thoughts wonder.

“Let’s take a look at the mission board for the rest of you.” Captain Allon tapped the console. The holo screen shifted around to show a list of mission that could be undertaken by the cadets.

“Oooo I want that one!” Officer Cuzmon jumped up and shifted her console towards her, tapping the holo button and high lighting the holo screen.

Fifth one down on the list. Officer Cuzmon had chosen a wanted Meta who had recently been seen in the Sol system.

“You want to go after Silver Slasher?” Captain Allon scoffed.

“Yeah. She’s supposed to be vicious and I need a work out. Now let’s see who my team is. Spin that wheel.” Officer Cuzmon stood up and instructed the AI to choose at random.

“Shouldn’t you choose cadets suited for the mission?” Sergeant Erin chimed in.

“Hey, sometimes emergency’s will happen and it’s all hands on deck. You may not get to choose who’s best suited for a particular mission.” With that Officer Cuzmon pressed the holo button to stop the AI system.

“Nice. Cadets Nor, Benem, Sphet, Chey-Nu, Beeek, Shazlon, and Rehtu meet me in the hanger in 20! We head out to bring in Silver Slasher.” Officer Cuzmon got up and walked out of the meeting room.

“Welcome to the Alpha’s kids. I’m sure you’ll do great.” Officer Cuzmon said as the doors opened up to two of the beta cadets entering the meeting room.

“Captain, Beta Cadets Theena and Nepheus are the two top scoring beta cadets. Their scores are identical to the 75th decimal.” The AI computer toned over head.

“Thank you AI. Welcome to the Alpha cadets. Since your scores are so close we’re going to take both of you.” Captain Allon smiled at both of them.

“Oh my gosh! This is so exciting!” Cadet Theena gasped.

“I’m honored.” Cadet Nepheus shook Captain Allon’s hand.

“Take your seats.” Their chairs lit up showing where they needed to go.

“The next mission is to investigate a sighting of Mordru’s forces on Boit. Over the weekend the Beta cadets made a trip there and fought off the Blight, also known as Mordru’s daemon dogs. Where our own Officer Cuzmon became a sword buckling hero and since then The Boitian’s claim that dark shadows have crossed their world again. this time stealing sentience. But Boit and its people don’t seem to offer anything Mordru might want.” Captain Allon pulled up the mission and specifications to the holo screen.

“Captain, Boit was once a Manhunter strong hold. Maybe they left something behind Mordru would want or maybe some of the Blight were left behind and they are collecting the Boitians to rebuild their ranks.” Cadet Vi said raising her hand and hoping the latter wasn’t true. Facing the blight again wasn’t something she was looking forward to.

“Good point Cadet.” Captain Allon winked at Vi.

“The five of you will investigate and report back” Captain Allon’s hands tapped the console lighting up the five chairs next to Vi’s. She had worked with Ganglios and O’rn before. But Sethno was a thief in her home reality and here she was something else. She had an air about her that made her seem older and more than just a petty crook forced into the academy program.

The screen flashed again as Captain Allon slide his hands across the console. Its hard light buttons bursting with color. The next mission popped up.

“Well Theena looks like you get an exciting first mission as a Alpha cadet.” Cadet Nepheus jokingly jabbed Theena in the symbiote as standing before them was a giant holo of a man with a metal hood with two blacked eye sockets and two breathing apparatus covering his mouth and nose. The hood extended down to his chest with a hole in the chest with a medium sized green stone glowing. His hands covered in dirty white gloves revealing a faded and burnt Science Police logo on either side.

“This is officer Joe Griggs. He was one of the few men who made it out alive from Cadet Mano’s Lunar attacks a few months ago. He however went a little insane due to his body being practically destroyed. There was nothing the hospitals could do for him and so he turned to magic, summoning Mordru who gave him a life gem which changed him even further. There were reports that he was out there hunting for Mordru but this is the first actual recording of his presence and transformation.” Captain Allon tapped the console and a holo video started replacing the stock image of him. the screen shimmering away. The holo screen revealing Griggs firing on a group of sentients on Vivarium.

“On this artificial world made by the Lasmas to replicate the world they lost due to a solar flare, has also become the new home for a colony of humanoid sentients to try and open relations between the Lasmas and the United Planets. Since it is an artificial world, it has been outfitted to replicate breathable atmospheres for the average humanoid but only within the colony which is a 800 clicks wide and 5000 clicks long. The colony is also known as Landing strip because it looks like a giant landing strip. The Lasmas breath Freon combined with Nitrogen which is why the atmosphere is contained to the landing strip.”

“So we’re just going into Landing strip to chase after Griggs?” Cadet Sul asked taking notes.

“Yes.” Captain Allon responded.

“Why did he leave Mordru after all this time?” Cadet Sul continued.

“We’re not sure but we don’t think anything on this world would be of interest to Mordru. So it might be personal.” Captain Allon answered. He wasn’t sure himself but people were attacked and they needed to go and check it out.

“Cadet Ayla Ranzz, you and Cadet Sul will take point. Your team will be Theena as you’ve noticed. Twine you’re in charge of Validus since Tharok is busy and I know you’ve been working with him; lastly Grava and Cadet Orgnats will be joining you. It will take a day and half to get there even with the slipstreams. I want you to leave now, so Griggs’ trail doesn’t go cold.” Captain Allon instructed the team and quickly they got up and left the meeting room for the hanger.

Cadet Bannin and Cadet Durgo I think we need a presents on two of the newly admitted United Planet worlds. I want you two to take the lead on the next missions. The first is on Garon. They joined the UP in hopes of keeping their mutant population safe; which over the last century has been growing. I want Cadet’s Bannin to take Cadets Bogdan, Gates, Dumaka and Kohan and let them know the benefits of being in the United Planets, the nannites, and joining the academy. Some of the initial Intel we got suggests that many of them would be great for our team.

“You want us to be good will ambassadors of this death academy?” Cadet Gates interjected. This wasn’t something he signed up for. He didn’t want to promote the UP’s agenda to control their population into a battle to the death.

“Gates.” Captain Allon warned.

“Yes Captain. I know I know. Working towards a greater good. But doesn’t mean that the nannite program is wrong. The bracelets do everything the nannites do. Just minus the control. I’m sure there are plenty who’d be willing to fight Mordru.” Cadet Gates argued.

“Until legislation changes Gates there is nothing I can do. Just do your best to let these people feel welcomed in the UP and help explain. The plan is to have the stations be built by week’s end and everyone registered by month’s end. Today you’ll just be informational and take those who volunteer today to a travel nannite site and register them. Maybe even do a try out for some of them.” Captain Allon instructed the group.

“A try out? Really?” Cadet Kohan groaned.

“Yes.” Captain Allon didn’t say any more. he was starting to become irritated with this back talk. But he also knew these Cadets were going to be his teammates soon enough and he needed to learn to listen to them.

“It’s fine. We’ll gladly help out with a tryout and registration.” Cadet Bannin chimed in. he wasn’t going to let his squad get bad marks for their attitudes.

“Thank you Cadet Bannin. You’ll leave the day after tomorrow.” Captain Allon said placing their profiles on the mission board.

“Our last mission is for Cadets Candi, Jazmin, Durgo, and Nepheus. You four will be headed to Zundi; they are the leading planet in invasive surgery and bone issues and diseases. They’ve already had their registration initiation. You will be going there to retrieve a new medical cure for Gringott’s, a rare bone disease. The tube you’ll be retrieving will go to Medicus One to be distributed to more than 1 million sentences’ who are afflicted with this disease. Because of its rarity we must protect it.” Captain Allon instructed.

“No problem Captain. We’ll make sure it gets there safely.” Cadet Durgo promised.

“Good and good luck too all Cadets. This meeting is over. Head off to missions and classes alike.” With those last words Captain Allon ended the meeting.

The remaining cadets left the meeting hall.

“It’s too bad we can’t take all 53 cadets.” Sergeant Erin said standing next to Captain Allon.

“Yeah. But this week we’ll really learn who our special unit will be.”

“Can’t wait to get out there can you?”

“Nope.” Captain Allon said with a broad smile.

Edited by Omni (43 minutes 53 seconds ago)

Page 19 of 19 < 1 2 ... 17 18 19

Monitor Duty

Forum Stats
1670 Legionnaires
14 Forums
20090 Topics
931283 Posts

Max Online: 110 @ 12/09/16 07:25 PM
Newest Legionnaires
1234567, Wildwolfkid, Jupeto, Gif Fan, 007kid
1670 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Kappa Kid, Len
Time Bubble
Holo-Vids
Catalyst Queen for Legion AU Project
Color Kid by Jay Fosgitt
Legion AU Ms. Medusa
Roll Call

ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star