Roll Call
0 members (), 22 Murran Spies, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 04/25/24 09:55 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Ann Hebistand - 04/25/24 08:28 AM
DC/Marvel Crossovers to be collected in 2024
by Ann Hebistand - 04/25/24 08:21 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by idle - 04/25/24 05:38 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/25/24 12:32 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/24/24 03:52 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/24/24 03:52 AM
Crow! Tell us the good things going on in your life!
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/24/24 03:49 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 37 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 36 37
Re: PZH update 5/5/15 Legion Recap
Omni #850062 05/06/15 04:14 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
I agree with Harbi & IB, thanks for the recap omni! With so many new characters it's good to see a snapshot of who/where everyone is. I am really looking forward to the Mano confrontation!

Re: PZH update 5/6/15 Search Parties
Omni #850114 05/06/15 08:31 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
McCauley Industries Lunar base: The Main Building

Roll Call:
Captain Allon - non powered Science Police Captain.
Cadet Garth Ranzz - electrical generation and manipulation. elemental transmutation.
Cadet Ardeen - telepathy: communication, reading and mind control.

Captain Allon and his Alpha squad had made their way out of the hanger and into the halls of the main building.

“OK team this is where we split up. Cadet Ardeen and Ranzz were going up. Remember everyone keep your eyes peeled.” Captain Allon motioned for them to fan out.

Cadet Ranzz took point as his hands sparked to life with electricity. The air about him crackled. Their steps echoed slightly as they walked up the stairs to the first floor of the main building. The three of them slowly worked their way up. The first floor was vacant and destroyed much like the hanger. Many more things were disintegrated here.

“I think this was probably one of the more recent battles. Looks like they tried to use this floor as a containment area Captain.” Cadet Ardeen said as she looked about them. Various areas were made into traps of some sort. Several of the rooms had straps made from all sorts of materials. While there were half made cages about.
“Watch out!” Captain Allon whispered as he put his left arm out in front of Cadet Ardeen. She had almost stepped on an inactivated force bomb. If Cadet Ardeen had stepped on it, the bomb would have exploded into a force field net. fragments of its golden force field tendrils lay about from previous explosions.

“Clearly they don’t hold him. but this could help create a good enough of a distraction later on.” Captain Allon said gently picking up the bomb and making sure it was locked and inactive.

Slowly they continued through each of the floors. All destroyed just like the first. But more bodies lay about disintegrated to varying to degrees. The carnage was something they all had wished they could have gone without seeing. Cadet Ranzz held back a weave of nausea as the smell of numerous dead bodies rotting for a month or longer came from the fourth floor came wafting into the stairwell in between floors.

“I hope..the others are having just as..Ahem.. much fun as we are.” Cadet Ranzz choked out before almost vomiting. Instinctively his body produced ammonia in his sweat underneath his nose before purifying the air as it entered his nostrils. Cadet Ranzz right had began to glow slightly. He changed the air around them to smell like fresh air off the sea.

“Thank you Garth.” Cadet Ardeen thought to him.

“Yes Cadet thank you.” Captain Allon said as he quietly went up a landing to the fourth floor door.

“This is the last floor before we get to the penthouse suit where McCauley and the remained of his crew is. Remember be prepared and don’t let him touch you.” Captain Allon instructed before going on to the fourth floor.

Activating the automatic door they entered on to the fourth floor.

Last edited by Omni; 05/07/15 11:00 AM.

read the adventures of the Reboot Legion!

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001232
Omni #850115 05/06/15 08:31 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
McCauley Industries Lunar base: Wing Two

Roll Call:
Cadet Durgo - triplication
Cadet Ognats - super speed.

Cadet Durgo walked cautiously into the wing with Cadet Ognats at her side. Cadet Durgo had mounted her flashlight to her wrist and was shining it forward.

“Haveyoueverdoneanythinglikethisbefore?” Cadet Ognats asked in a rushed whisper.

Both of their steps echoed down the hall. The wing was long Cadet Durgo had forgotten what it was like to hear Jenny talk. Her super speed made understanding her very hard sometimes. But even though Cadet Durgo had forgotten how hard it was to understand Jenny, it was as if she hadn’t and answered her.

“I’ve had a few experiences like this. How about you? Are you ready for this?” Lu remembered having the same conversation with her Jenny on one of their early missions. Lu couldn’t shake the feeling that this was too coincidental. She had thought about the mission’s roster Gates, Cadet Blok, and Cadet Rehtu were the only new additions to mission. All of them had faced Mano as a team.

“You understood me?” Cadet Ognats was shocked and stopped in her tracks.

“Of course I did. I used to have a friend back home who talked like that when she was excited or nervous.” Cadet Durgo gave Cadet Ognats a slight look and then a small smile.

Cadet Ognats smiled nervously.

“MaybeIshouldrunaheadandscoutthewing. ThatiswhyCaptainAllongaveusthiswingright?”

“Exactly. Go for it.” Cadet Durgo said with a simple smile.

Cadet Ognats speed through the wing in seconds and was back before Cadet Durgo had a chance to blink.

“Nothing.”

“OK, and now I want you to do another sweep. But this time I want you to search one side of the hall then the other. This wing maybe the longest but unlike the others it has a sub level we need to search. Meaning we have more to search than the others. Besides its good to be thorough. I’m going to take this side and these rooms. You start down at the other end and we’ll meet in the middle and remember be thorough and safe. If there’s any clues to where Mano could be we have to find them.” But be careful.” Cadet Durgo said with a stern smile.

“Isitwisetosplitup?” Cadet Ognats didn’t want to be left alone in this place.

“Honestly, it might not be. But you’ve got the speed and I have faith you’ll come running if I need you.” Cadet Durgo gently touched her arm and gave a squeeze.

Cadet Ognats smiled beamed before she took off down the hall.

Last edited by Omni; 05/07/15 10:59 AM.

Omni #850116 05/06/15 08:44 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
McCauley Industries Lunar base: Wing Three

Roll Coll
Cadet Blok – super strong, durable. Energy absorption. Mass increasing.
Cadet Gates – teleportation.

Cadet Blok’s big stone feet crushed any debris in their wake as they walked down the shortest of the hallways and there were only ten rooms to search.

“I guess we should start. I’ll port into each of the rooms quickly and you keep watch in the hall.”

“Cadet Gates, do you think this Mano can be rehabilitated?” Cadet Blok’s deep voice echoed slightly. No matter how deep Cadet Blok’s voice resonated, the question couldn’t have been more innocent sounding.

“Please just Gates. I hate all that Cadet militant regime hoopla and its possible even the most sadistic of killers can be redeemed. But I’m sure any the U.P. has other plans for his talents.”

“What do you mean?” Cadet Blok faced one of the open doorways that Gates had ported into.

“The United Planets hasn’t brought us together to become heroes and fight evil. They’ve gathered us to be their own personal hit men and this…” in a flash of green light Gates teleported to the other side of the hall and into another room.

“is just the first of many jobs.”

“Then why would you agree to come here?”

“Because being here is safer than being close to the boarders of Mordru’s empire and if I can train to not die or be recruited by Mordru himself, then that’s what I’ll do.” Gates green eyes glowed dimly in the dark room he teleported into. He didn’t want to admit it but since meeting some of the other cadets, Gates had thought he might enjoy this new place. They seemed like people he wanted to be around. Something else else he wasn’t used to. But he still felt like it wasn’t where he was supposed to be. Being an outsider was nothing new to Gates. He was the only free thinker in his species. Even the leaders of his home planets would consult for days before giving an answer. They made him wait three days before they allowed him to leave for the Cadet Program. He knew their deliberation had very little to do with his well being and more to do with their indecisiveness.

“These rooms are clear.” Gates teleported into several more rooms quickly as Cadet Blok’s stone steps fells hard on the ground.

“This wing seems rather untouched.” Cadet Blok said looking around.

“It does. But we should still continue with the rest of the rooms. We still have five to go.” Gates said before teleporting away in a flash of green.

Last edited by Omni; 05/06/15 09:12 PM.

Omni #850117 05/06/15 08:50 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
McCauley Industries Lunar base: Wing one

Roll Coll:
Cadet Wazzo-Nah – intangibility
Cadet Rehtu.- create hallucinations. Limited mental link.

The two of them walked into wing one in silence. Cadet Wazzo-Nah looked back at each of the teams going off before they walked down their own hallway. Her hair fell into her face as she poked her head through a couple of the walls.

“You should tie your hair back. It will get in the way less.” Cadet Rehtu’s eyes glowed in the darkness. Sliding across the wall just before his first door when he looked at her.

“Thanks but I think I’ll be fine. besides its not in the way when I can’t be touched.” Cadet Wazzo-Nah said as she phased through a wall and back into the hallway. But she did think a hair cut might be due.

“Never underestimate your enemy in war.” He simply said before turning his corner and making his way into the darkened room.

“There is a bunch of equipment in this room. A lot like a laboratory.” Cadet Rehtu called from the room.

“Yeah it’s the same over here. This was definitely where McCauley did experiments of some sort.” Cadet Wazzo-Nah said phasing through another door.

“I wonder what kind?” Cadet Wazzo-Nah said going into the room Cadet Rehtu was in, which was the fourth one down on his side.

“They were experiments on sentience and turning them into weapons.” Cadet Rehtu’s voice grabbled a little as he said this to her with his back to her. he had to chocked back the tears of rage behind his eyes.

“How do you know that?” Cadet Wazzo-Nah stepped into the room fully gently touching Cadet Rehtu’s shoulder.

On instinct Cadet Rehtu grabbed her wrist and spun her around and touched her face. The only part of her skin exposed and Cadet Wazzo-Nah’s face contorted into a silent scream. Cadet Wazzo-Nah’s mind was flooded with images of Cub, Brin, and her mother. All standing around her but she was a ghost again and unable to touch any of them.

“Ahhhh… sorry… oh my Prezzz! I’m sorry.” Cadet Rehtu let go of Cadet Wazzo-Nah instantly and she fell to the floor and as she did he dropped his flashlight and fell back up against the wall.

“Team three is everything alright? Did you find Mano?” Captain Allon’s voice entered both of their minds instantly.

“N..N.o..no sorry Captain. But we found something scary.” Cadet Wazzo-Nah said as she shook her head. When her vision cleared she saw the tags on the cages and files around them.

“What did you find?” Captain Allon’s voice rang with concern.

“A laboratory and… Mano’s cage. Captain Mano didn’t come here, he was made here.” Cadet Wazzo-Nah’s blue eyes widened.

“Gather as much of the information as you can on your Omnicom’s and then meet us at the penthouse suit ASAP. Captain out.”

“Why didn’t you say anything?” Cadet Rehtu asked as he was huddled against the wall.

“About what?”

“Me attacking you.” Cadet Rehtu stared at the floor never meeting Cadet Wazzo-Nah’s gaze.

“It was an accident and you used your power defensively. Clearly if you hadn’t the nannites would have subdued you. But what exactly did you do?”

“I caused you to have a hallucination.”

“Did you choose it?”

“No…whatever you saw was your minds fear. I just choose the initial emotion based on..on what I was feeling.” His gaze lifted and looked into her blue eyes.

“I’m sorry for sneaking up on you. Do you think you’ll be ok to help me get everything on our Omnicom’s?” Cadet Wazzo-Nah knew now wasn’t the time to talk about her vision and since he didn’t know what it was about there may not be a point. Besides she could see that Cadet Rehtu had plenty on his mind.

“Yes. Let’s get back to it.” He said standing briskly. His eyes refocused as he took out his Omnicom and began recording their surroundings with the scanner.

Last edited by Omni; 05/06/15 09:12 PM.

Omni #850118 05/06/15 09:27 PM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
Some good character bits! I like seeing Lu familiar with a less experienced XS, and the explanation for Gates' joining the program.

Garth instinctively making himself more comfortable with transmutation was well done too...I keep forgetting this Garth is in Jan's body! smile

razsolo #850119 05/06/15 10:32 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Thank you Raz.

Originally Posted by razsolo
Some good character bits!

I'm glad you like the pairings.

I like seeing Lu familiar with a less experienced XS,

Thank you I wanted this to read as friendship just as much as tactical remmeberance. so I'm glad to hear it worked to an extant.

and the explanation for Gates' joining the program.

I felt Gates need a reason as this time around there are no drafts. most cadets are willing participants.

Garth instinctively making himself more comfortable with transmutation was well done too...I keep forgetting this Garth is in Jan's body! smile

I do have to correct you there. This Garth is Post 3OLW and Garth has been turned back into his own form. he still retains Jan's powers and knowledge of them.

Omni #850393 05/10/15 12:05 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Gah my initial post didn't post!

The Lu/Jenni scene reminded me of LSH 62, glad Lu remembered. Nice that This Jenni is so like ours.

Nice to see Gim in re front lines, he really cares about his cadets. I liked seein Garth use his new powers so instinctively.

Tinya is so mature and level headed, I like that about her. Interested to see more about Rehtu's past

Blok and Gates made a great pairing! You wrote Blok well and I like Gates' practicality mixed with idealism. Also nice to see more of Gates' thoughts on the UP and Vyrga

Omni #850482 05/10/15 05:24 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Thanks IB.
I'm glad you liked Jenny and Lu's scene.

Of course Himself out there with them and after his conversation with Chu I think there was no way he was going to let them go alone.
Thank you for the comments on Blok. I wasn't too ture if that scene needed to be longer. So thank you for the kind works on that section.

Tinya is very level headed and cadet Rehtu's past maybe coming to the forefront soon.

Re: PZH update 5/19/15 Mano Fall
Omni #851475 05/19/15 12:42 AM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Main building – Penthouse McCauley Industries Lunar base.

Roll Call:
Captain Allon – science police officer- none powered,
Cadet Garth Ranzz -electrical generation and absorption and elemental transmutation.
Cadet Ardeen- telepathy; read and control minds.
Cadet Durgo- able to triplicate.
Cadet Rehtu – cause hallucinations through touch. Creates limited mental link.
Cadet Orgnats- super speed.
Cadet Blok- super durable, physical resistance, super strong; energy absorption. Mass increase.
Cadet Gates – teleportation disks.

“The teams are making their way here. Cadet’s Wazzo-Nah and Rehtu are gathering every piece of information from Mano’s cage. The laboratory is pretty destroyed from the impressions I’m getting from the two of them. But Cadet Wazzo-Nah thinks they have enough to figure out the real story.” Cadet Ardeen informed Captain Allon and Cadet Ranzz.

“Thank you Cadet. We’ve almost reached the check point to where McCauley’s men will met us. Keep those hands up in the air Cadet Ranzz. They need to see that it’s us coming.”

“Maybe this will help because my arms are tired.” Cadet Ranzz threw his hands up once more sending magnesium flares up into the air.

“I’ll send more up every few feet. Don’t worry.” Cadet Ranzz said as if he knew Captain Allon would say something.

“Good move Cadet Ranzz.” Captain Allon smiled at him. Even though no one had found him yet he was still proud of the work his team was showing.

They walked along in silence Cadet Ranzz throwing up the flares. They still found no signs of Mano as they made their way up the final stair way to the penthouse. The door to the landing was melted shut. Clearly Mano had been here and used this door to lock them in.

“Cadet Ardeen can you sense any minds beyond this door still alive?”Captain Allon

“Yes Captain. Everyone is fine. I’ve notified Mr. McCauley and his Science Police Security liaison Captain Tull. They said they had a message charred into the wall of McCauley’s office. Meaning he’s in the vicinity.” Cadet Ardeen said as her eyes glowed a dim pink around her bright blue eyes.

“You haven’t sensed him at all?” Captain Allon asked

“No, Mano’s minds much slippery than I remember… I mean anticipated.” Cadet Ardeen said.

“Get it together Imra.” Cadet Ardeen scolded herself. But she couldn’t shake how familiar this felt. Mano’s mind was slippery. But more than before. Imra hadn’t said anything but she had been getting glimpse of a mind that she thought was Mano’s but she wasn’t sure. It seemed like two different minds because each time it would reappear the thoughts, intents and even psychic wavelengths were different.

“Alright Cadet Ardeen. Cadet Ranzz, think you can get through this door?”

“Hmmm. Piece of cake.” Cadet Ranzz leaned against the wall next to the door placing his hand on the door his hand glowed a bright blue oxidizing the metal door before their eyes corroding it. The melted charred black metal’s hue quickly rusting and becoming a reddish brown till orange spots began appearing. Cadet Ranzz quickly speed up the process his hand glowing a bright blue; but instead shifted the metal into a gas form and then in a puff of bluish oxygen the door was gone. Cadet Ranzz blue eyes had glaze over momentarily showing bright blue diamonds in their place. Cadet Ranzz fluttered his eyes a couple times before turning and they were gone.

“Show off.” Cadet Ardeen thought to Cadet Ranzz as he stepped aside and bowed to let the two of them go before him.

“Good Job Cadet.” Captain Allon lead them through the hole his blaster in hand. It was set to stun but he wasn’t sure if that was enough to stop Mano.

“Captain Allon I presume?” Captain Tull asked as he approached the trio. His white face was sunken in and his hair once a manicured emerald green was now grown out straggly and an olive green shade as the dye had worn out.

“Yes, Captain Tull and this is two of my team. Cadet’s Ardeen and Ranzz.”

“They sent Cadets to face Mano?”Captain Tull’s eyes glazed over as he began to laugh hysterically.

“They are no mere Cadets Captain Tull. I assure you.”

Last edited by Omni; 05/19/15 12:48 AM.

Omni #851476 05/19/15 12:50 AM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
“Captain, forgive my candor but I’ve watched more sentients die in the last month than I have in my entire career as a Science Police officer. I doubt a group of Cadets who don’t look old enough to vote never mind a Captain who doesn’t look much older himself can tackle the “beast”.” Captain Tull expressed as his gaze burned into them.

“Incoming!” Cadet Ognats yelled over their telepathic connection as she ran up the stairs and through the whole in the door and stopping instantly. The burst of wind she brought with her ruffled all of their hair.

In a flash of bright green light a disk appeared to Captain Tull’s left Cadet’s Gates, Blok and Durgo teleported in.

“Gezzz… I never agreed to be a taxi service and no offense Blok, but next time if you could decrease your mass before I port you I’d love that.”

“Sorry Gates. I’m trying. When I’m nervous my ability reacts instinctively.” Cadet Blok’s big round stone head fell to his chest.

“Don’t pay Cadet Gates any mind. He’s just cranky.” Cadet Durgo patted Cadet Blok on the shoulder looking up at him and hoping it would annoy Gates by insisting on calling him by the Cadet Gates.

Cadet Durgo wasn’t sure if that pat would work or mean anything to Cadet Blok. She hadn’t met any rock sentient in their home reality before its destruction but she had hoped it would help.

“I’m not cranky. I’m tired of chauffeuring everyone around for nothing. We’ve yet to find anything.” Gates squawked

“That’s not true.” Cadet Wazzo-Nah walked through the wall with Cadet Rehtu coming through the opening Cadet Ranzz made.

“And if you’d been listening to the psychic link you would know that.” Captain Allon chastised Cadet Gates. Captain Allon strode forward towards Captain Tull.

“Now Captain Tull please take us to Mr. McCauley. I think he has some explaining to do about the “beast”. Captain Allon’s stare was hard as his team stood behind him.

Captain Tull’s pink nostrils flared as he turned abruptly and walked down the hall.

“If you’re going to come along you’d better pick up the pace.” Even with his straggly pea green hair flowing behind him he held a regal air about him.

Quickly they made their way to the make shift bunker Captain Tull and his remaining crew had made. There were only a handful of them left. The Cadets looked around and they all were bruised, battered, disfigured, hungry, and completely weary. Cadet Ardeen couldn’t help but feel the stress, fear, and pain from all of them. She tried to push all of their thoughts out but it was hard. They were so strong and so hurt. Cadet Ardeen’s eyes glowed dimly as she pushed calming thoughts out into the handful of crew members left as she searched for Mano’s presence. He was nearby that much she could tell. But his mind slipped past her. Before she knew it they were at the doors to McCauley’s office. They creaked open slowly breathing a stale air into the main corridor.

“Ahhh My rescuers. Please do come in.” McCauley said from behind his desk. His back was to them as he faced the window of the Earth.

“Mr. McCauley we’ve come to get you and your crew out of here. But first we have a few questions for you about why there is a laboratory in one of your wings with Mano’s name on it and from the files my cadets found it looks like you created the beast that’s held you captive for the last month.” Captain Allon said as he waited for McCauley to turn around.

“Yes, Captain I’ve made some mistakes and this “beast” is one of them. But please believe me it was purely accidental.” McCauley said and had yet to turn around as it was clear he was cradling his hand.

“Accidental?” Captain Allon raised an eye brow.

“Yes. I was trying to help Mano. After he broke into my headquarters on Angtu he was exposed to a new form of chemical weapon I’ve been developing. The chemical disintegrates anything it touches. He came into contract with the chemical and we needed to treat him.”
“Is that why you abducted him?” Cadet Durgo shouted as she instantly triplicated. Her own feelings about being experimented on became clear and her extreme dislike for McCauley’s business practices.

“He didn’t know he had come into contact with it. But by the time we had gotten to him the chemical had started to work its way through his system. He had smelt the chemical and sadly we had never tested its aromatic effects.” McCauley said casually.

“So the chemical transformed him into this?” Captain Allon activated the holo function on his Omnicom. The light from the holo image of Mano’s glowing blackened hand and face cast about the room.

The glow showed Mano’s work on the wall to them all.

“No. That was our trying to save him. The chemical was eating its way through his body and mind. It began to warp him and he became consumed by anger and vengeance. If you look at some of the vids that were kept you’ll see his mind is twisting into two.”

Captain Allon called up the vids and displayed them for all of them and Mano’s ranting and wild rage one moment and the next pleading and asking forgiveness. Captain Allon shifted his gaze to the wall.

“Is that in reference to the hand you took from him?”

“No Captain that is in reference to the hand he took from me!” McCauley spun around and waved his disfigured hand at them. The skin had been chard to the bone and it was half the size of his other one as it was stuck in a claw position. The blackened bone glowed in the darkness with the remains of Mano’s destructive power.

Last edited by Omni; 05/19/15 01:03 AM.

Omni #851477 05/19/15 12:51 AM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
“How did you create him?” Captain Allon asked trying not to wince at the sight of McCauley’s hand.

“We tried to treat the chemical damage done to his mind. We tried everything from telepathy to psychotropic drugs. Some of which mutated him further and acerbated the chemical compounds in his body.” McCauley pulled back his hand and returned to his regal composure.

“We then tried gene therapy and that bonded the destructive power to his hand.”

“You tell such pretty lies!” a voice echoed around the room.

“He’s here!” Cadet Ognats jumped

“Cadet Ardeen can you get a read on him?”

“No, his mind is slippery still. McCauley what did you do to him?” Cadet Ardeen yelled as she looked at McCauley who had begun cowering in to a corner.

“I didn’t do anything! We tried to help him!” McCauley persisted as he backed up.

“LYIES!!!!!!” Mano jumped down from a rafter vent. His glowing hand grabbing the wall and running down it, disintegrating the wall with his finger indents till he stood on the floor his breaths short and his shoulders and chest heaving.

“Team defensive positions. Form a blockade around McCauley.” Captain Allon yelled as he took point. His blaster raised straight at Mano.

“Cadet Ognats and Gates get McCauley and Captain Tull out now!” Cadet Ardeen Barked over the telepathic link as she noticed Mano’s hand carvings had begun to separate the wall. The wall was going to collapse over the door way blocking them in.

Both cadets were gone in an instant. Cadet Ognats took off running at Captain Tull and pulled him through the doors before the wall fell. While green disks of light activated underneath Cadet Gates and McCauley.

“Where did you take him?” Mano roared.

“He’s somewhere safe. Now if you could just calm down and we can talk about this.” Captain Allon kept his blaster set on Mano as he tried to work his way forward. He was hopping Mano hadn’t noticed Cadet Wazzo-Nah coming up behind him as she phased up thorough the floor.

“That’s how he’s been getting into this office. The vents in the floor are dented and melted with his impressions. He’s got some great control to not have blown this place sky high.” Cadet Wazzo-Nah thought to the others.

“I don’t want to talk I want McCauley dead!” Mano screamed as he lunged forward towards Captain Allon.

Cadet Wazzo-Nah jumped through him at the same moment but didn’t get the cuff on him.
He saw Cadet Wazzo-Nah fall through him and swung at her.

“Ghost! I’m fighting ghost! Did I kill you?” Mano’s demeanor changed his heaving chest slowed and his head titled as he stared at Cadet Wazzo-Nah.

“Did I kill you? I didn’t mean to. I’m sorry.” Mano’s head fell to his chest slightly as he shook it back and forth before he fell to his knees in front of her.

“Cadet Ardeen what’s your read?”

“I think he’s having a mental break down. He feels guilt for the lives he’s taken.”

They all were shocked by Mano’s momentary fall. But none of them noticed his hand was inches away from touching the floor beneath him.

Omni #851478 05/19/15 12:52 AM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
“I’m sorry…but I’ve done what I must!” Mano instantly raised his head and pushed his glowing hand into the floor sending a destructive wave at Captain Allon and Cadet Ardeen. Both jumped out of the way before it hit them.

“Look out!” Cadet Blok yelled standing his grown as Mano spun around and sent the floor rumbling in his and Cadet Durgo’s direction next. The wave of destruction stopped promptly at Cadet Blok’s feet as he absorbed much of the energy from the attack. Cadet Blok’s entire body looked like it was going to burst as the energy traveled up his grey rocky body.

Cadet Durgo didn’t hesitate and jumped up and did a flip over towards Mano as she triplicated in mid flip. Tri-jujitsu master at her best she started with two swift punches to stomach from Cadet Orange Durgo and Cadet Purple Durgo, while Neutral did a swift upper cut to his face sending him flying back a foot. But as Cadet Durgo Neutral was about to continue her assault the floor underneath the three of them began to collapse. Instantly remerging Cadet Durgo did her best to brace herself for the worst. But instantly she was back on the office floor with everyone else. Cadet Gates had teleported back into the room just as the floor went down.

“Why doesn’t anyone in this unit think about spatial awareness?” Cadet Gates squawked.

“The little bug! Where’s McCauley?!” Mano rushed him reaching out his radiant hand towards Cadet Gates.

“Zapppp! Zapp!”

“Ouch!” Mano staggered back from a couple shouts from Captain Allon’s blaster.

“Those stuns should have taken him down.” Captain Allon thought as Mano changed his target.

“Not today lefty!” Cadet Ranzz fired off blast of electricity at Mano. The lightning charging the air around them as his hand began a flash of bright hot white lighting. As he fired blast after lighting blast Mano staged back till he raised his glowing hand at the blast. Holding it in his hand. The destructive energy of his hand disrupted and essentially ate Cadet Ranzz lighting.

“Is that all you’ve got?” Mano stared down Cadet Ranzz slowly advancing on him.

Cadet Ranzz started to lay it on thicker. At moments like this he’d wished the lighting rod had worked and resorted his arm.* but he had to do his best to take Mano down. Cadet Ranzz looked down at his artificial arm as it began to spark up.

“Keep it cool Garth. Calm down. Don’t let the lighting over load the arm.”

From the far left Cadet Blok ran straight at Mano. Cadet Blok was quicker than one would expect and punched Mano across the room. Mano hit the far wall behind McCauley’s desk hitting a giant portrait of McCauley himself. The portrait was an electric portrait that changed color at varying speeds. McCauley had diverted the rest of his power supply to running the portrait at its slowest speed. Cadet Ranzz instantly began firing on Mano and the portrait using it to electrify Mano.

“Cut it off Garth!” Cadet Ardeen yelled.

Instantly he stopped and Mano dropped to the floor.

“Cadet Wazzo-Nah, check on him. Good work team.” Captain Allon moved closer with his blaster slowly lowering it.

Omni #851479 05/19/15 12:55 AM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Mano lay slightly unconscious but his glowing hand slowly inched forward and planted it firmly on the floor blowing it up. Mano fell through the floor instantly. But before any of them could try to get down there to retrieve him Cadet Ognats flew up through the whole with Mano on her shoulder

“Isheok?itriedtograbhimquicklyandnotallowhimtotouchme.becasuseyousaidhowdangerouseitwouldbeifhetouchme.butimnotsureiwasquickenough.washeunconcsiousbeforehewentthroughtthewhole?” Cadet Orgnats rushed and laid Mano down close to the giant window as the space near there hadn’t been as destroyed.

“Slow down Cadet.” Captain Allon said.

“Did you put the cuffs on him?”

“No. why?” Cadet Orgnats amber eyes searched their faces.

“No! Don’t do it!” Cadet Ardeen yelled as she felt the pains of déjà vu setting in.

“I want McCauley or this whole place goes.” His hand inches away from the reinforced glass as he struggled to stand up his body swaying back and forth slightly.

Cadet Rehtu sprang from the shadows and slapped Mano quickly across the face before swiping back with his elbow to Mano’s chin sending him to the ground. Cadet Rehtu stood over Mano breathing hard. Holding his stance his orange eyes glowed brighter than normal.

“Cadet Rehtu…what are you doing?” Cadet Ardeen could sense him trying to forge a mental link with Mano.

“I’m trying to sedate him with a hallucination and make him calm down. I just need to think happy thoughts.” Cadet Rehtu’s gruff voice was strained.

“Let me try and help you.” Cadet Ardeen’s eyes began glowing a bright pink. She couldn’t let Mano destroy the window. There was no way of them getting saved this time as they didn’t have Cosmic Boy or Chameleon here to ensure that if these events were to repeat themselves as she was starting to see. Slowly they put Mano’s thoughts to happier times of him with his family which Cadet Ardeen pulled from his memories.

Quickly Cadet Ranzz rushed over and put the inhibitor cuffs on Mano before he could break free of their mental control.

“Thank you.” slowly Cadet Rehtu slowly fell to his knees as the glow from his already glowing eyes dimed.

“Thank you Cadet Rehtu, your power finally allowed me to establish a mental link with Mano and the reason why I couldn’t grasp his mind before. The chemical weapon combined with the gene therapy has created a dual mind of sorts that’s been reduced to some very core and rudimentary emotions while the other is completely conscious of his deeds and misgivings and is remorseful its almost consumed by it. This is the side that is the Mano before McCauley did this to him…while the other by vengeance and hunger... “

“Hunger?” Cadet Blok asked.

“The hand the chemical weapons purpose is to destroy and erode and his body craves to destroy and do the same. It needs to release the destruction within. Like any bomb.” Captain Allon said looking at his Omnicom quickly checking the cuffs on Mano and making sure they are working.

“Cadet Ardeen, can you maybe see what happened to him? Maybe what McCauley did?” Captain Allon asked.

“I don’t know if that’s wise right now Captain. He’s still in the hallucination Cadet Rehtu and I made for him. He’s content. If I try to dig for those memories it might disturb him and he might go on a rampage again.”

“Fine. But I want to make this known whatever McCauley did to him. He will pay for it because I don’t believe for a second that this was an attempt to save this man.” Captain Allon looked around at his Cadets and they all nodded in agreement.

“That was close…”Cadet Ardeen thought to herself as she looked out the window at the Earth below. She gently touched the glass looking at her reflection on the moon’s surface.

“Alright team lets head home.”

Cadet Ardeen walked away from the window and in the refection a shimmer of rainbow appeared and instantly in the reflection on the glass window; the window had been broken and all of them were all unconscious on the ground with Cosmic Boy reaching for metal and life to save his team as Chameleon gathered all of them to get into a tunnel before they lost all air.**

None of the Cadet’s nor Captain Allon noticed the refection and it was gone before Cadet Blok and Ranzz had cleared the doorway of the fallen wall.

Omni #851489 05/19/15 04:14 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Hey Omni, this was fun!

Nice choice having Imra being unable to track Mano - that would be too easy! Also her slip up "Than I remember... anticipated" as it must be difficult for the team to not sometimes discuss their previous life. Garth showing off going throught he door was well done too.

Captain Tull's disbelief was to be expected though I hope he apologised afterwards.

And why is it that Gate's complaining always entertains?

McCauleys' disintigrated hand was brutal, Poetic justice maybe, fitting probably, but still brutal. I don't believe it was accidental his creating Mano either.

Mano's personality disorder was a twist I didn't expect, though given what he's allegedly been through it makes perfect sense.

Lu triplicating and giving him the beating was nicely done, good to see you're playing to her strengths as she can be pesky to write, but that scene waswell done, you captured the physicality of the encounter well.

Gates complaining AGAIN! “Why doesn’t anyone in this unit think about spatial awareness?” - A good quote!

You wrte Garth really well as the boisterous show off - "Not today lefty" couldn't have been said by anyone else but fits with this version of him.

Blok absorbing the destructive energy was a nice touch, it's good top see that someone else remembers that initially he could do things like that before he became a walking avalanche.

Also, very surprising that Rehtu provedto be Mano's undoing - I expected the little sneak to double cross the team so am pleasantly surprised that he helped save the day.

Also, that the chemicals induce a hunger in Mano is very creepy!

The reflection on the glass was a very interesting point - are you saying that this is somehow connected to the teams own reality? Could this be dreamstate? Has Imra flipped (again!)?

Good stuff Omni, your team are really coming on in leaps and bounds and it was a thoroughly enjoyable read. More, more, more!

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
Omni #851490 05/19/15 04:51 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
Gates being terminally cranky really is constantly entertaining, I think it's a law of the multiverse laugh

I also liked the reflection bit, and wonder if Imra really saw it or not hmmmm....

Your Garth continues to be really effective with his blended powers too omni! And good to see Gim Allon getting a couple of shots in too! smile

Omni #851510 05/19/15 11:48 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
What a fun outing. I really like the continued parallels to the original reality, and the team's remarks on iy. Interesting to see where it goes.
This Mano is a very different one, I think you did his origin story really well.

What an interesting fight that was!

Harbinger #851559 05/19/15 10:32 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Thank you Harbinger,Raz and IB.

I'm glad you all liked the battle with Mano!

Harbinger and Raz i'm glad that your loving my snarky Gates. his complainst are some of the highlights to write.
Originally Posted by Harbinger
Nice choice having Imra being unable to track Mano - that would be too easy! Also her slip up "Than I remember... anticipated" as it must be difficult for the team to not sometimes discuss their previous life. Garth showing off going through he door was well done too.

with all of the pressure they are under i thought they would slip and Imra seemed like the perfect choice.

McCauleys' disintegrated hand was brutal, Poetic justice maybe, fitting probably, but still brutal. I don't believe it was accidental his creating Mano either.

Mano's personality disorder was a twist I didn't expect, though given what he's allegedly been through it makes perfect sense.

Also, that the chemicals induce a hunger in Mano is very creepy!

Of course it was! but trust me he deserved it and taking of the hand was Mano's hand's revenge and satisfying the hunger. Which is something i felt gave his power a nice twist.

Lu triplicating and giving him the beating was nicely done, good to see you're playing to her strengths as she can be pesky to write, but that scene waswell done, you captured the physicality of the encounter well.

Gald this worked too! she is hard to write sometimes. but straight up brawling is not my strong suit so i'm really glad it worked.

Blok absorbing the destructive energy was a nice touch, it's good top see that someone else remembers that initially he could do things like that before he became a walking avalanche.

I've actually read very few stories with Blok, so for me i went and did the research about his powers and i took what i thought was more interesting and i think it was you who said that "I not only think of their powers but the potenial for them and you thought it was interesting I chose him for the team. well now you know why smile

Caddet Rehtu does seem shifty but war can do that to a person and i'm hoping i can really change your perceptions of "Command Kid."

Last edited by Omni; 05/19/15 10:33 PM.

razsolo #851561 05/19/15 10:55 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Gates being terminally cranky really is constantly entertaining, I think it's a law of the multiverse laugh

haha!i love it and i think it should be decreed. someone contact DC!

I also liked the reflection bit, and wonder if Imra really saw it or not hmmmm....

The reflection on the glass was a very interesting point - are you saying that this is somehow connected to the teams own reality? Could this be dreamstate? Has Imra flipped (again!)?

I'm glad you guys like this mystery that's building and i'm not giving anything away but I will say one thing for sure this is no dream scape/state and Imra hasn't flipped.
Your Garth continues to be really effective with his blended powers too omni! And good to see Gim Allon getting a couple of shots in too! smile

Thank you! Garth's powers are on a god like level and its hard to not make him so powerful. so thank you for the compliments about how i write his powers.

Thank you IB! i tried to blend the many portrayals of Mano from the avenging man of a dead planet to the saddic villain.

Re: PZH update 5/21/15 Girls night
Omni #851728 05/21/15 08:56 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Montauk Point, Metropolis Earth - United Planets Special Unit training academy
Roll Call:
Vi – size changing abilities from shrinking to growing.
Candi- super strength and invulnerability
Lonny Evening- ink sentient, able to control and expel ink. Mutant ability to transform into a humanoid.
Berta Skye Haris-wind generation and control.
Jazmin Cullen- quantum energy generation and manipulation.
Ayla Ranzz – electrical generation and manipulation.

Vi and Candi’s suite on the 69th floor.

Candi looked in the mirror of her and Vi’s shared bathroom as she finished putting in a braid. Her long emerald hair was almost past her waist but when she did this braid it came to inches below her shoulders. Her large yellow-green eyes sparkling as she leaned forward to apply a little bit of mascara.

“What are you doing? I think it was a night in with the girls?” Vi asked entering the bathroom.

“Every day is an occasion to look your best.” Candi said pulling away from the mirror and fluttering her eyes a bit.

“How are the girls doing out there by the way? I know Lonny is probably annoying Berta with her chatter. Lonny loves the holo-movies and will go on forever about them. While we were eating at lunch she explained an entire 8 movies series to me and in detail while still going over fashion choices for a future night out on the town.”

“A night out on the town? But we just got here to train. We haven’t even started classes yet. You think we’ll get a night out on the town this soon?” Vi’s voice was hopeful that there would be one soon and maybe Gim would ask her for a date.

“Oh, I’m sure it’s a ways off. But we’d rather be prepared. However, according to the calendar I received from the AI system we should have one at the end of the month!” Candi sang with a giant smile.

“That’s great.” Vi’s violet eyes light up.

“Yes and honey we will all paint the town red!” Candi said twirling Vi gently.

“Candi stop. Haha. Let’s get back to the girls.”

Vi and Candi entered the main room. Berta sat at the end of the couch combing out her long raven braid. While Lonny flipped through the feeds on the holo screen. Lonny had transformed into her humanoid form for the occasion.

“Lonny?” Candi was shocked to see a young blond girl sitting on the floating purple plush couch.

“What? Did I spill something?” Lonny stood and spun instantly.

“No…but aren’t you well….made of ink?”

“Huh? Oh Haha! Yeah this is my mutant form. It allows me to looks just like you bonies.” Lonny’s smile was simple.

“Interesting dear. Well now we have a whole new color scheme to pick out for you before our night out on the town.” Candi sat down on the floating couch it dipped instantly for a moment before righting itself to compensate for her size.

Lonny plopped back down on the purple couch.

“So who else is coming to this…what did you call it Candi?” Lonny asked not ever hearing the term before. Myar wasn’t the greatest place to live before the days of Mordru and since it hasn’t gotten any better from the feeds she’s gotten from friends back home. Lonny and her family were lucky enough to escape before his return to Myar…the Alchemist planet.

“A Girls Night dear. Let’s see…” Candi picked up the holo screen remote and brought up the cadet roster.

“We have… Cadet’s Umbra…she declined. Not surprised.” Candi rolled her eyes a bit.

“Cadet’s Jazmin and Ayla will be here soon, you said right Vi?” Candi continued to look over the roster. She invited so many girls but very few of them accepted.

“Yes they’ll be here soon. Did anyone want anything from the commissary? I’m making pop corn for the movie.

“Could I have water?” Berta asked calmly from one of the floating chairs as she sat in the lotus position meditating before the other girls arrived.

“Sure. By the way Berta I saw you in the V.R. chamber on 60th floor gym. Your work out was pretty intense.”

“Yes it was. But that’s the only way to get better. Berta’s eyes didn’t open once as she responded to Vi.

“Ok so the final list of attendees for tonight’s festivities is ten. I guess everyone else needed to settle in, relax, and unpack. “ The disappointment in Candi’s voice was clear.

“Oh well more for the rest of us. I ordered a bunch of desserts from a local bakery in town and they just arrived. Their feeds say they have the best Bangu cookies this side of the Milky Way. They are my favorite and I hope you all like them and I got a lot of other stuff to.” Candi tapped her fingers on her Omnicom and a bot floated them in from the hall.

When the door opened not only were the bots floating in with the food but also more of their guest had arrived. Jazmin and Ayla walked in first followed by Cadet Dumaka who was standing upright while licking her wrist and running it back through her thick brown main.

“Ladies! Just in time for some goodies.” Candi got up and the floating purple plush couch lifted instantly and threw Lonny about sending her flying onto a floating chair nearby.

“Haha! Again!” Lonny clapped and giggled.

“Candi everything looks great. Bango cookies. I love these things.” Jazmin said as she picked one up.

“You mean Bangu cookies.” Candi smiled politely as she corrected Jazmin.

“Ohh right. It has been ages since I’ve had any. I guess I forgot how to say it.” Jazmin blushed but it was more out of making a mistake of mentioning her old life and reality and thinking for a minute that anything here would be the same.

“So is this everyone?” Ayla asked looking around before taking a seat next to Vi.

“No. there’s a couple more girls coming. Actually Ayla…was it? Did you happen to mention it to your suitemates?” Candi’s yellow-green eyes lit up with the possibility of more guests.

“Yes I did. But my roommates already here. How you doing roomie?” Ayla shot a wink over to Berta even though she still hadn’t opened her eyes.

“Swell.” Berta replied with an exhale.

“Who are your suitemates?” Vi asked.

“Kitty-cat over there and this quiet girl…didn’t get her name though. She was in her room most of the time I was there.” Ayla had pointed to Cadet Dumaka who gone out on the balcony and had laid down in the sun.

“Are we getting started with these “girly activities” or are you all going to gossip all night?” Cadet Dumaka called from the balcony.

“Cadet Dumaka. Those are the activities! It’s a girl’s night! Dear can we just call you April?” Candi called.

“Well then I’m going to need a few special snakes. Mind if I used your commissary?”

“Of course dear.”

“That’s fine. April’s just a terran name I choose. None of you have the proper vocal cords to pronounce. “April said gently walking in from the sun and to the commissary.

“Well we’ve just got a few more girls to show up and then we can all really get to know each other! I thought we could put on some trashy TV show and look at magazines and feeds, get know each other before we watch a movie.” Candi laid out their itinerary for the evening.

“I vote for…”

“Ding! Ding!” the bell to the suite door sounded.

“OOooo this should be the last of our guests.”

The door slide open into the wall revealing three more young women walking in.

“Well, well ladies let’s get this party started.” With a wipe of her long red pensile hair as another strand of thick red hair held a can of silverale to her lips.

Behind her stood a tall statuesque young woman with a beehive hair doo and to right of her was a shorter yellow skinned woman with a giant simbiote attached to her back its five orange arms stretched out in front of her with small display mirrors at the ends that faced her. the mirrors were blank to everyone but the young woman.

Last edited by Omni; 05/21/15 08:59 PM.

Re: PZH update 5/21/15 Girls night
Omni #851747 05/22/15 01:50 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
That was fun Omni, good to see that whichever reality the team is in Candi remains the same. Jaz slipping up with the name of the cookies was good too, I imagine it won't be long until our team are called out for their differences. My favourite part though was your introduction of Sussa, Lydda and my fave Theena! Splendid! More, more, more!

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
Re: PZH update 5/27/17 On the way Home
Omni #852409 05/27/15 04:26 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
En route back to Earth from Lunar Base.
Roll Call:
Captain Allon – science police officer- none powered,
Cadet Garth Ranzz -electrical generation and absorption and elemental transmutation.
Cadet Ardeen- telepathy; read and control minds.
Cadet Durgo- able to triplicate.
Cadet Rehtu – cause hallucinations through touch. Creates limited mental link.
Cadet Orgnats- super speed.
Cadet Blok- super durable, physical resistance, super strong; energy absorption. Mass increase.
Cadet Gates – teleportation disks.

Captain Allon checked on Mano as he was now unconscious in the brig. His Omnicom let him know the cuffs were working to keep Mano’s power in check. They didn’t want to risk injection of the nannites just yet as they weren’t sure his power wouldn’t just eat through them due to the gene therapy.

“We’ll figure out what he did to you and find away to help you I promise.” Captain Allon thought to himself before returning to command deck of the cruiser.

“How’s everyone doing? No serious injuries?” Captain Allon checked in on his team as he took his seat at the main console.

“For the most part bumps and bruises and maybe a concussion or two but everyone’s doing alright. President Chu has already sent in Science Police and medics, along with a slew of technicians and repair men that will have Lunar base up and running as soon as three days from now.” Cadet Durgo informed Captain Allon as she returned to console to him.

“Great job Cadet Durgo.”

“Thank you Captain Allon.” Cadet Durgo took the seat across from the main consol and looked out into space.

“Lu we need to talk.”Imra’s voice entered her mind easily. Slowly Lu’s mind drifted and she found herself standing with Imra in the middle of the command deck. But it wasn’t them but their glowing astral forms. Lu’s gentle glowing outline shifted between orange, purple, and white, while Imra’s was a steady bright pink.

“I figured this was coming. You felt it too?”

“When Mano was at the Window and the sense of impending doom and déjà vu?” Imra thought her voice tense while her body looked like she was meditating but her astral form hugged herself slightly.

“Yes. Imra I know it’s a parallel universe to our own. But there are too many a meeting of people smiliar to our old lives and in some regards similar isn’t even the word. I worked with Jenni on this one and in one of our earlier missions and it was like stepping back into a memory more than a new experience in some moments with her. Imra something weird is going are here is there?”

“I think so. But I’m not sure what. I agree these meetings are too much too soon to be coincidental, but I’m not sure it’s someone pulling any strings on this. There seems to be too much care into how we met and this reality, I don’t know what it is but it pulls at something strong in each of us. Even though there’s no connection.”

“What do you mean?”Lu asked

“Well like Garth and Ayla were both visible upset by the death of this realities Ranzz family at the hands of this reality’s Mekt. They are treating it as if it was their own parents.”

“That’s not too weird. There was most likely the excitement of maybe finding some normalcy and seeing loved ones alive. Even if we don’t know them.”

“No its more. I was in Garth’s mind when he talked about it and its too strong it’s a real emotional tether and so was yours to RJ. I could feel it emanate from you when we found out about his death.”

“I guess you’re right. I felt like it was my RJ being dead and we’ve all dealt with the fact that our reality died a long time ago.” Lu’s mind was working all three of her minds trying to think from a different perspective and then it dawned on the three of them.

“The Time Trapper?” Lu thoughts with a light gasp bringing her astral form arms over her mouth and nose.

“That is a possibility. But this doesn’t feel as contrived or controlled as his other time shifts or reality alterations. I think we might need to consult our resident Coluan soon. I think he might have a few ideas.”

“Agreed. But do you think anyone else on the team feels or sees it?” Lu asked as he astral form looked around at their teammates.

Imra’s astral pink form stared at Garth who was playing with a ball of lighting as he relaxed on the ride back.

“No I think we should keep this to ourselves and Brainy.”

“Ok.”

The two of them returned to their bodies and rested for the entire ride back to the academy.

Last edited by Omni; 05/27/15 04:27 PM.

Re: PZH update 5/27/17 Girls night pt2
Omni #852414 05/27/15 04:44 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Montauk Point, Metropolis Earth - United Planets Special Unit training academy
Roll Call:
Vi of U-247– size changing abilities from shrinking to growing.
Candi- super strength and invulnerability
Lonny Evening- ink sentient, able to control and expel ink. Mutant ability to transform into a humanoid.
Berta Skye Haris-wind generation and control.
Jazmin Cullen of U-247- quantum energy generation and manipulation.
Ayla Ranzz of U-247 – electrical generation and manipulation.
Susa Pak - Super-strong prehensile hair.
Lydda Jath –Super strong in absolute darkness and space.
Theena- clairvoyant symbiote that she can communicate with and display past and present of people through physical touch imprinting through.

Vi and Candi’s suite on the 69th floor.

“Welcome ladies!” Candi greeted them with a wave as she finished getting her cookies.

Vi shot Ayla a look while they continued talking and waving to the new girls.

Ayla thought to Vi with a small frown crossing her face.

“We knew this was going to happen and it’s a cadet program of 330 cadets besides us. I don’t mean to be insensitive but it’s a fact we all should face and just be over it already. It’s going to happen regardless of the speed. Besides it’s just another mission right?” Vi tried her best to put a positive spin on it. Her happiness was finally getting a chance to bloom and she hoped her teammates could find the same.

“I know your right Vi. I’m just not settled yet and I miss Reep.” Ayla didn’t want to confess that her only thoughts were about returning to Winath to see her parent’s grave. Even if they weren’t actually her parents but she felt she needed to go there even if it was to just say goodbye, since she didn’t get to say goodbye to her parents before the fall of their reality.

“I know.”

“Ahem.” Candi cleared her throat.

“Everyone is here now and for those of you who don’t know our latest attendees this is Susa Pak, Lydda Jath and Theena. So ladies help your selves to some food and pick an Omnicom and a place to sit and we’ll get started. April dear, how’s that special snack of yours coming?” Candi and a few of the girls began to smell something strange.

“Yes, I’m fine. I’ve got my favorite snack for lying around warm Helcomb honey with faka slugs.” April’s eyes glowed as she looked at them.

“Ewww. Those smell worse than my grandmother’s feet.” Susa said as she poured more silverale into her mouth from the can that was still in her hair.

“Hahahah.” A couple of them laughed as everyone finally sat down on the various floating couches and chairs. The center of the room normally only had one couch and three floating chairs. But Candi had ordered four extra couches. But with only ten girls showing up it was two to a couch and a few in chairs, April got to be the lucky one to have a couch all to herself. April sprawled out on the plush red couch. Instantly purring as she gently scratched at the plush couch.

“Hmmmm so divine.” April purred a little louder.

All of the girls looked and her and snickered a little. But April didn’t care. Fuzzball this was normal and showed great respect towards a host dwelling.

“I have an idea ladies let’s play a little game of truth or dare?” Susa Pak said leaning forward slightly.

“We’re at a Science Police academy any dares could be cause for reprimanded and I for one will not be reprimanded for a foolish game.” Berta’s gaze landed squarely on Susa.

“Fine, then just a game of truths.” Susa said as she raised her raised and leaned back in her floating chair and placing her legs crossed on the center table.

“You can ask me anything I’m an open book.” Berta said as she kept her gaze fixed on Susa’s smug smile.

“How about we all go around and explain how we ended up in the cadet program.” Candi said trying to defuse the situation.

Vi, Ayla, and Jazmin tried their hardest not to look at each other as they tried to come up with a convincing back story for all of them. As much as they all talked about their plans about how to be proactive in this reality none of them ever thought they would have to answer too many personal questions especially once entering into a cadet program. They knew general story of a band of travelers who all heard about the cadet program from various sources. But they never discussed how they all met which would be an obvious question coming their way.

“I’ll go first. I was on a team called the Uncanny Amazers. I was their power house if I do say so myself.”

“Did you have a code name? Like Jolly Giantess? Haha.” Susa’s snarky comment was ignored by the group.

“It was Monstress right?” Theena’s tiny voice entered the conversation.

“Why yes dear. How did you know that?” Candi was shocked. She didn’t remember telling anyone that not even Lonny.

The orange symbiote’s arms slowly turned to face the group as she the mirrors at the end came to life with images of Candi in action as Monstress with a giant M on her chest.

“I will tell you that uniform was an early attempt at something I was working on. I have since upgraded to a better one.”

“How are we seeing this?” Lonny leaned forward and tried to tap the mirror like surface displaying Candi’s feats. The orange arms shrank back instantly. Theena petted it before it extended out again.

“This little guy lets me see the past and presents of anyone I’ve imprinted and care about.” Her answer was simple and sweet.

“Now this brings a whole new level to this game.” Susa sat up and leaned forward with a gleam in her eye.

The girls looked at each other scared as they stared at Theena and Susa.

Last edited by Omni; 05/27/15 04:45 PM.

Omni #852415 05/27/15 04:46 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
“Don’t worry ladies. I’ve only imprinted Candi when we shook hands when we met and I told her about it. I would never imprint without your permission. I understand privacy.” Her yellow-gray eyes met each of theirs.

“Ahhh man and here I was hoping for some juicy gossip and dirt on you all.” Susa leaned back in her chair.

“So how did you get into the program then Susa? Berta asked.

“Do you think these two will be at it like this all night?” Lydda whispered to Jazmin.

“Something else else tells me yes.” Jazmin smiled at Lydda.

“Fine. I’ll tell you. I’m a thief plan and simple and I got caught and they offered me a deal because of my clear advantages I offer.” Susa gestured to her bright red hair as a thick tendril cracked itself like a whip.

“And you miss high and mighty?

“I was scouted for my abilities and I’ve trained most of my life to harness the winds to face those who dishonor the balance of the universe.”

Berta’s code wasn’t without its merit but it made Jazmin wonder would this Berta protect the balance of the universe over what was right? Jazmin couldn’t help but run a comparison list in her head between the two at the moment.

“What about you Lydda? How’d you end up here?” Jazmin broke the tense silence even though she knew this would lead to hear own inquisition.

“Well that’s a strange story but the basics are my dad did some experiments on me that gave me super strength while in total darkness as I’m from Kathoon a world of perpetual darkness and because of those experiments I’m here.”

“Did you want these experiments done?” Ayla asked

“Yes and no. I wanted to help my dad but I knew it meant I would have to leave my world and my dad. See the experiment was to increase strength and make super soldiers to face Mordru. I’m the test subject and prototype as I’m the only recipient… my father died shortly after complementing his work.” Lydda’s eyes twinkled with the possibility of tears before she took a small barely noticeable breath and continued on.

“But enough about me. What about you Jazmin, how did you find yourself with the academy?”

“Well me and my friends...”

“You mean the Alpha class.” Susa interrupted sarcastically.

“My friends and I, two of which are here got captured while trying to find our way to enroll for the academy.”

“I’m sorry but how do you get captured trying to enroll for a Science Police cadet program?” Susa asked skeptically.

“We arrived on Earth and were chased by the drones for blocks and we slagged the Sprock out of them till they caught up with us.” Ayla chimed in her protective nature kicking in.

“That we did and that’s how you get captured while trying to enroll.” Jazmin said with a wide grin.

“Haha. That’s crazy.” Lydda said curling up on the couch.

“It was. There was some pretty heavy damage done to those drones. We took out over a hundred collectively.”

“La de da. Well I guess that’s why you’re all the alpha class.”Susa’s comments were getting meaner as she continued to drink her silverale. She wasn’t anywhere near drunk. But she couldn’t help but admit she was a bit envious of the alphas and it was the first day. Even though she was being forced to be here she wanted to at least be of value. She knew how this would work if she wasn’t she’d be on the next ship to Takron-Galtos the prison planet.

“Maybe. But it is just the first day.” Jazmin wasn’t intimidated at all and Susa wasn’t going to rattler her.

Omni #852416 05/27/15 05:12 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Great stuff Omni, really like the little touches like Him worrying that Nano could destroy the nannites and the colours of Lu and Imras astral selves. theens is a gem of a character and for all her good intentions I have to wonder if she may lat the cat out of the bag. Sussa is fun, I'm looking forwaf to seeing more of her scheming.

More, more, more!

Page 10 of 37 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 36 37

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,019
Posts1,044,932
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
walkwithcrowds
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Tekwych
Tekwych
New Mexico
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star