Roll Call
1 members (Chaim Mattis Keller, Chaim Mattis Keller, Chaim Mattis Keller), 12 Murran Spies, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 04/16/24 02:27 PM
Legion Worlds Nine updated 16 April 24
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/16/24 01:19 PM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Sarcasm Kid - 04/16/24 10:29 AM
Kill This Thread XLIX - We're Getting Old
by Ann Hebistand - 04/16/24 10:16 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/16/24 10:04 AM
Crow! Tell us the good things going on in your life!
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/16/24 10:04 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/16/24 10:01 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/16/24 10:00 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
TELLOS--An Appreciation
#490430 09/08/07 02:45 PM
Pov Offline OP
Don't Stop Peelieving
OP Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
News of Mike Weiringo's passing recently had me wishing to reread TELLOS, the fantasy series he co-created with writer Todd Dezago in the late 90's. I'd ordered the TELLOS COLOSSAL HC, first through Amazon, then through IST when Amazon delayed its release date. mad :rolleyes: While waiting, I managed to locate my collected issues, and started my reintroduction to

TELLOS-- A magikal patchwork world made up of a myriad of different realms, populated by Creatures of Myth and Legend, a Fantastic Land filled with Adventure around every corner and Danger at every Turn!

All at once, I was again enveloped in the travails and travels of young Jarek and his companion, Koj-- a talking tiger warrior.

(it's not a C&H fetish, honest! wink )

Jarek is The One destined to save Tellos from the evil of Malesur, ruler of Hin (Tellos' equivalent to Hell). Along the way to find The Other who will help him empower the d'jinn Oge K'tion and defeat Malesur, Jarek is joined by the pirate, Serra; thieves Rikk and Hawke; and an ancient mystic, Thomestharustrah.

The story ran 10 issues, along with a Prelude and Prologue. Todd revisited the series several times with various one-shots, with Mike contributing covers and/or pin-up pages, but I was always hoping the two would make a bigger return to Tellos. When I first heard about the oversized collection, I was so excited! Apparently, so were they; they were planning another journey to Tellos when...

sigh

Having the over-sized HC right now makes the loss of 'Ringo all the more palpable. And his passing makes me wish Tellos was real, a land where his adventures continue. Anyone knowing the outcome of the original series will appreciate the irony in that, I hope.

"By Thy Side..." sigh sob

"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me
Re: TELLOS--An Appreciation
#490431 10/05/07 11:33 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I just got a signed and numbered edition of the Tellos Colossal HC in the mail today. Shocked the hell out of me that Amazon fulfilled the order after 'Ringo's passing. But now I'm afraid to open it.

#490432 09/22/08 01:06 PM
Pov Offline OP
Don't Stop Peelieving
OP Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
FYI, Scooter, they're soliciting a softcover trade for this, in case you resisted :rolleyes: opening your S&N HC. wink DCBS has it for $10.79.

Anyone else interested, the TPB will retail for $17.99 and hit stores 03/05/09.

"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me
#490433 09/24/08 06:27 PM
Leader
Leader
You know I've heard good things about this series but I never had the extra cash to pick it up. I may have to get one of the collections.

ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!
Pov #871261 10/02/15 10:05 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
WAIT.

Tellos? A patchwork world? Different realms?

Oh dear God did DC rip this off for Convergence?

Pov #922162 02/17/17 10:14 AM
Pov Offline OP
Don't Stop Peelieving
OP Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
http://mikewieringotellostribute.com

The Mike Wieringo TELLOS Tribute is a 500 page, original graphic novel presented in two over-size, hardcover volumes. It features the artwork of over 200 of the comics industry’s most popular and talented artists and is dedicated to the memory of late artist, Mike Wieringo, with all proceeds from this project being donated to the ASPCA in Mike’s name.

These'll look nice next to the TELLOS COLOSSAL hardcover Image put out some years back. They're only being offered in this format through the above website. Glad I checked instead of waiting for a PREVIEWS listing. Walt Simonson shared an image his wife Weezie drew and he inked for this project.Check it out if you're on FB.

Pov #922189 02/18/17 03:51 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I may be interested in this comic. I loved his run on Fantastic Four.

Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,017
Posts1,044,819
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
veryvery
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Vik-Thor
Vik-Thor
Phoenix, AZ
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star