Roll Call
0 members (), 166 Murran Spies, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Legion Trivia 6
by Gaseous Lad - 03/28/24 01:12 PM
Kill This Thread XLIX - We're Getting Old
by Ann Hebistand - 03/28/24 12:20 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by thoth lad - 03/28/24 11:47 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 03/28/24 11:44 AM
Who's Who in Raz's Legion? *added ALEK ARCANE 4 February*
by Invisible Brainiac - 03/28/24 11:42 AM
Postlo3w stories *LATEST UPDATE 28 MARCH*
by Invisible Brainiac - 03/28/24 11:35 AM
Share more completely random things!
by Invisible Brainiac - 03/28/24 06:23 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 03/28/24 06:22 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 40 of 41 1 2 38 39 40 41
Re: Critic's Corner (post here about any fanart or fanfic)
Abin Quank #865592 08/20/15 04:50 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Hey FC, great to have you back.

Nostalgia Lad has recently written a couple of good One Visions too, and if you have time (when?) it's worth digging up Set's threads as they are fun and Exnihils Sand of Time too which is fairly epic.

You have so much to look forward too I'm almost jealous!

You didn't have any plans for the next couple of months did you? smile

Last edited by Harbinger; 08/20/15 05:45 AM.

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
Abin Quank #865657 08/20/15 08:19 AM
Humanoid from the Deep
Humanoid from the Deep
Thanks for the endorsement, Harbi. smile

There's definitely tons of great stuff going on in Bits right now, Cramer. I need to find the time to catch up with all of it myself!

Keep up with what I've been watching lately!

"Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? Our nation turns its lonely eyes to you."
Abin Quank #865664 08/20/15 08:34 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
Thanks FC! If you're looking for a good starting point with my stuff and don't wanna slog through years of backstory, I am wrapping up a long-standing plot with my next post and after that everyone will have a bit of a fresh start smile

Abin Quank #867889 09/02/15 03:54 PM
Deputy
Deputy
I was wondering if people here would be interested in a guide to the fan fics in Bits?

It could be a thread on here where each of the writers has a blurp about their fic and maybe a link to it?

This might help get some more people interested in checking out different fics. But aren't really sure where to begin and The writer's can edit the post as often as they like or it could be a simple synopsis and maybe a cast list?

the guide could even be broken into groups... just some thoughts.
What do you all think?

read the adventures of the Reboot Legion!

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001232
Abin Quank #867892 09/02/15 04:02 PM
More Polyanna than Poison Ivy
Thanks for the suggestion, Omni.

Ibby and I have already started guide threads for our respective fanfics.

There is a certain appeal in the idea of combining them, but it may prove unwieldy in execution.

Perhaps each of us having her or his own guide thread, with all the guide threads stickied on Page 1 of this forum?

Read LEGIONS OF 7 WORLDS in the Bits forum:

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 1 (COMPLETED)

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 2 (WORK IN PROGRESS)

"Don't look for role models, girls, BE the role model."

- Legion World member HARBINGER
Abin Quank #867910 09/02/15 07:25 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Thanks Omni and Fanfie for the suggestions smile certainly something to ponder.

I think it would be easier if we each have our own guide threads, but stickying them all might overcrowd the forum.

Why not link to the guide thread with each new post, like I do? And your guide thread can link to your main thread? That way even if the guude thread gets bumped down to page 2 it will stilk be easily found.

Abin Quank #867923 09/02/15 09:33 PM
Deputy
Deputy
I was honestly just thinking of something simple so that people could get a synopsis of what each of us are doing. Like a who's who's thread of realities that we've all created. it doesn't even have to be updates/ recaps of what were all doing in our current arcs.

Its just one simple post from each of us that would want to contribute that gives a title, list of characters, very brief summary and then link to the actual thread.

(which could get "stickied" to the top of the form page.)

Its really just a list more so than an interactive guide.

I've just been seeing post here and other places for people looking for fan fiction and not being able to find it or unsure of where to start and there had to be a way to get a list for people to see...

Would a simple list work with author's name, link to the thread/recap threads and that could be broken up into on goings and one shots or discontinued fiction?

Abin Quank #867949 09/03/15 01:01 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Oh, what you're suggesting is sort of a Directory or Table of contents. This could be an interesting project. We don't need to stop with our "live" fics but could go on to catalogue other threads in Bits...

But we could start with ours. I think that would work.

Abin Quank #867992 09/03/15 08:48 AM
^^Sounds good to me. And thanks for clarifying, Omni, sorry I misunderstood.

Abin Quank #867996 09/03/15 09:28 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Now as for operationalizing this... i suggest we keep all entries in one post of a thread. We can arrange alphabetically for easy searching. Or maybe by subject matter and then akphabetically by author?

We can split first into writing and art, then Legion, then by "boot" (Preboot Postboot Threeboot Retroboot Everyboot.mm)

I suggest we keep it to one post in one thread so it is easily searchable. If each other submits one post to the thread then older entries might get lost.
What do you all think?

Abin Quank #868013 09/03/15 12:19 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Wasn't there something like this done before? I have definitely written out info for the Leg35C series at some point several years back.

Might be nice to arrange the work by 'boot, as it seems that everyone has their favourite era, so that's could bea logical starting point, what do you think?

Last edited by Harbinger; 09/03/15 12:24 PM.

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
Abin Quank #868017 09/03/15 01:18 PM
I agree with Harbi that it should be arranged by 'boot, and constantly updated, especially as my Every-Boot will keep spinning off additional 'boots -- and of course, I'll make sure I update constantly.

Abin Quank #868019 09/03/15 02:13 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Agreed. it should be by boot and then alphabetical by either author or title of the series.

Could we also split it up into on-going, (like IB,Mine, Raz, Harbi and Fanfic lady have)

Then to one shots or shorter stories. (I've seen a bunch on older pages here. But they haven't been updated in awhile like from Set or Klar)

Them there is all of the LMB stories you guys have on here which could be included as its own post.

I think the one post would be fine.

No problem Fanfic Lady, sorry for not being clearer with my concept.

Also IB, you mention Art, were you thinking a seperate thread or post for art thread lists?

Abin Quank #868034 09/03/15 06:24 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
I was thinking one thread for both writing and art but maybe separate posts.

I can start the thread as I have moderator privileges and can edit. And everyone can submit entries to me.

Abin Quank #868035 09/03/15 06:41 PM
Deputy
Deputy
So what exactly would you like from us, so that it is standard.

title, link(s), cast list and summery?

Abin Quank #868036 09/03/15 07:39 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
I created a thread so we can get cracking smile

I'm thinking we should at least have:

Title

Link

Cast (or at least description of which reality, for example, Postboot Legion, Post-Legends Justice League, LMB-verse)

Brief description (one sentence to one paragraph).

Authors, if collaborative effort. If it's a tag-team or multi-person collaborative effort (like Dark oval which had maybe 8 writers in total) then note it too.

Note if it's completed or ongoing.

Last edited by Invisible Brainiac; 09/03/15 07:42 PM.
Abin Quank #868054 09/03/15 08:14 PM
Thank you, Ibby.

I'll start PMing you stuff tomorrow.

Abin Quank #916296 11/15/16 11:44 PM
Just a couple of quick heads-up:

The final installment of my 1st Retroboot continuation story arc has been posted:

http://www.legionworld.net/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=915678#Post915678

The 2nd Retroboot arc's opening installment should, in all probability, be ready for posting shortly before January 31st, 2017.

Abin Quank #916303 11/16/16 12:17 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Looking forward to getting stuck into it Raquel as the first part was excellent. Thanks for posting your pointer as I missed it.

Abin Quank #923117 03/07/17 08:18 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Loads of really good stuff happening right now - Raz and FL and Omni, I'm looking at you... and I'm so flippin' busy with real life stuff I don't ever seem to have an hour to myself to get stuck into it and post replies! Aaaggh! Hopefully this week will calm down and I can begin to post some more reviews.

Abin Quank #923135 03/07/17 01:58 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Me as well, school is really hectic. Hope to get a chance to read and comment soon.

Abin Quank #923150 03/07/17 04:20 PM
Thanks, Harbi and Ibby. I look forward to your comments. I honestly think that the scenes centering on Ayla & Salu in Chapter 11 have some of the best writing I've ever done, and they've brought me closer to finding my own writing voice.

And while I don't want to jinx myself by saying when I think the final 2 chapters plus the coda will be posted, I will say that I *hope* it's sooner rather than later. Gotta think optimally.

Abin Quank #938522 10/08/17 09:29 AM
Independent Scholar
Independent Scholar
Question: Are there any kind of reference-slash-resource threads about the LMB Universe? I've given Lardy's recent LMB fic a few reads, and it's beautifully written and filled with heart and soul, but because I've never participated much the role-plays and such, I kinda feel a little lost.

Still "Fickles" to my friends.
Abin Quank #938531 10/08/17 11:11 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Cobie was working on a timeline thread. It's not complete, but it goes up to about halfway through LMB history.

For more recent stuff... hm...

The Dark Oval Novella made some sweeping changes to LMB history. Nearly a dozen of us collaborated, and there were at least 6 major contributing writers, so tons happened. Here's the creator commentary thread. You are, of course, welcome to read the original Novella, but it's long! laugh

While doing research for my own parts of the Novella, I a) read Cobie's thread above, b) carefully read the parts written by the others, c) did a lot of legwork by PM-ing Cobie, Lardy and company, asking for recommended threads, summaries of past LMB events and all that.

Ann Hebistand #939869 11/01/17 01:07 AM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Originally Posted by Ann Hebistand
Question: Are there any kind of reference-slash-resource threads about the LMB Universe? I've given Lardy's recent LMB fic a few reads, and it's beautifully written and filled with heart and soul, but because I've never participated much the role-plays and such, I kinda feel a little lost.

Fick, I'm sorry I missed this post when you originally made it. First, thanks for the compliments about the writing! Second, though I tried to make it as new-reader friendly as possible, it also features many nods to LMB continuity by necessity and because I couldn't help myself!

But first and foremost, the "Time War" that is often referenced is something that has yet to be chronicled in LMB lore. Cobie and Exnihil laid the groundwork for it and were planning to develop it into either a roleplay or a "Lord of the Oval"-style novella, but--well, life happens, and there's no sign of it coming to pass any time soon.

But the idea of it has intrigued me ever since Cobie and Ex started teasing it. You probably know that I'm a sucker for a good time travel story, so the idea really appealed to me. So, after years of waiting for it to appear, I decided to write a story that is essentially a "spin-off" of Time War. I came up with an idea of how it might end and how that could have jump-started an interesting story where Lardy's life goes next.

I guess the essential thing here is that no one has missed anything regarding the Time War, no matter where your knowledge of LMB lore may lie. The story hasn't been told anywhere, and I use it primarily as a starting point and set-up for my story. The main element of it that the reader needs to know is that the War has left terrible ramifications that can't be easily fixed, among them the destabilization of the galactic economy and the rise of some terrible powers to fill that vacuum.

Beyond that, I try to fill you in on the major characters. Kalla and Lardy are the foremost of them. Yes, they both have complicated histories that having a good grasp of their stories can really enhance. But the main thing to know is that they both have fought their own personal demons and worked hard to redeem themselves.

There are a number of other incidental characters, many of them LMBers making cameos. Most important to this story are their roles and various missions that have some bearing on the stories in one way or another. It's not super-important to know a lot about them. If something is important, I try to fill you in.

There are also a number of easter eggs, things I throw in for the more continuity in-the-know types. Among these, for example, are references to a few of Dev's characters. Kalla was previously deeply involved with a character named Lon, who was the LMB's version of Timber Wolf, though the similarities are superficial. To move her into Lardy's story, I had to include some background that explains Lon died saving his nephew. This may only have happened in this particular timeline because it is new info to this story, but I felt it was appropriately heroic if we ever decided to do something canonical to "write off" one of Dev's characters. It is, sadly, something we've had to think about often over the past few years as several RL LMBers have passed away and have left various characters behind. But again, I don't think getting all these references should be essential.

Anyhow, if you (or anyone else) have specific questions about references or story points, I'd be more than happy to answer them!

Plus--sorry folks for the lack of new chapters of late! I know what happens in the next chapter and have fleshed it out in my mind--I just need to find more......TIME! blush lol

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
Page 40 of 41 1 2 38 39 40 41

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,012
Posts1,044,290
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Joe Kalicki
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
CreativityKid
CreativityKid
Pawtucket, RI
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star