Roll Call
1 members (Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac), 11 Murran Spies, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 04/23/24 10:21 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/23/24 12:37 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/23/24 12:37 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/23/24 12:36 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by stile86 - 04/22/24 08:12 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by stile86 - 04/22/24 08:12 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/22/24 02:40 AM
Legion Worlds Nine updated 16 April 24
by razsolo - 04/21/24 04:25 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 20 of 37 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 36 37
Re: Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 4/1/2017
Omni #924942 04/01/17 08:51 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
“But what happened to the Cadets?”

“They were hypnotized. This particular Manhunter acquired the ability to mesmerize sentiences into doing what it wanted. Their original program couldn’t deal with the grey areas in life and so punished everyone they deemed unworthy. This planet wasn’t always called Boit.” Cadet Sethno realized.

“What do you mean?” Cadet Ganglios keeping them high in the air. Even though it was out in the open it was their best advantage as they now stood back to back ready for any attack.

“This world was once known as Vulboita, which was a beautiful planet that worshipped a being who often recruited sentience’s from across the galaxy to their world where their God lived. Their god was a Manhunter robot with his power cell staff and had an upgrade. But the cult was destroyed centuries ago”¦”

“The Boitians are native to this world. every last one of them.”

“They must have found the Manhunter and woke it up.”

“It doesn’t seem to move though. It is only the eyes opening.” Cadet Ganglios scanned for their fellow cadets but he was met with the same buzz he got from the Boitians.

“Yeah, that thing was de-energized and petrified “¦ it seems.” Cadet Sethno answered looking down and seeing several of the Boitians starting to fire arrows at them.

“We need to undo the mesmerizing. How do we do that?” Cadet Ganglios deflected several arrows back at the Boitians.

“Maybe a Telepathic blast or something but we need to take that Manhunter down.” The fear in Cadet Sethno’s voice was clear.

“What if you petrified him again?”

“That clearly didn’t work the first time.” Cadet Sethno hissed.

“Yes, but that wasn’t from you. Maybe your stare will be more powerful.”

“And maybe you can dismantle it with a few telekinetic blasts as well.”

“Sounds like a plan. Just one thing. We’ve got to get past them.” Cadet Ganglios looked and saw the cave opening swirling with opal eyed elves and their fellow Cadets.

Cadet Vi grew to 20 feet tall and grabbed hold of Cadet Ganglios’ telekinetic bubble and began to shaking it.

“AHHHh Do something!” Cadet Sethno yelled flipping upside down.

“Only thing to do.”Cadet Ganglios’s voice was more mechanical than before instantly the bubble was dropped and they started to fall through Cadet Vi’s extra large hands and then Just as quickly Cadet Ganglios’s telekinesis surrounded them again and they bulleted past Cadet Vi and back into the heart of the cavern.

<This better work!> Cadet Sethno thought out as Cadet Ganglios flung her at the Manhunter robot statue. Her eyes wide with fear and determination before their green glow took them over and as she looked at the Manhunter robot its eyes opened slowly.

“You again! I will not be denied my followers. They know the truth and justice of the universe is in my hands.” Its gruff voice rumbled throughout the cavern and its eyes closed again instantly

“Well that’s not going to work.” Cadet Sethno did her best to turn herself around inside the telekinetic bubble hitting the Manhunter square in the stone chest plate sending the behemoth robot backwards and landing directly on top of it.

<Tellus! You ready to dismantle?> Cadet Sethno called telepathically but there was no answer from her fellow cadet.

<Tellus?> Cadet Sethno called out and no one answered.

“where is that damn fish?” Cadet Sethno approached the head of the Manhunter and instantly running and grabbing the biggest rock she could carry and dropped it on the Manhunter’s head but it just cracked down its center.

“Hahaha that the best you can do?” a deep voice culled from the shadows.

“Can you do any better?” Cadet Sethno looked up readying her blasters and her eyes for combat.

“Nice try but I won’t be looking your way at all.” Stepping from the shadows was Cadet Wel4d.

“Ahh my favorite liquidator”¦” Cadet Sethno hissed her eyes flashing bright as she thought for a moment she had caught his black eye and fired both blasters and her powers on him.

“Ahhhh nice try!” Cadet Wel4d said as he tucked and rolled out of the way and closer to her and the Manhunter.

“Now it is my turn.” Cadet Wel4d’s voice was filled with malice as he aimed his hand at her. Dodging his power quickly he caught one of her blasters and instantly it liquefied.

“Sprock! That was my favorite blaster!” Cadet Sethno fired with her other blaster and a round of stone looks his way and each time she missed him tucking and rolling across the caverns floor and getting father from her goal of smashing the Manhunter.

“Well it was a joy to melt. Although I think you’ll be even more fun.” Casting his power widely several small pillars melted instantly firing and hitting the sand around Cadet Sethno she did her best to dodge them but it was getting harder with not much space to maneuver back towards the Manhunter.

Last edited by Nightcrawler; 05/06/17 05:47 PM.

read the adventures of the Reboot Legion!

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001232
Omni #924943 04/01/17 08:54 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
The cavern floor had been liquefied in so many spots that pillars had started to sink ever so slightly at first. Neither of them noticing. Cadet Sethno ran and hid behind a group of large rocks that had fallen to the floor.

“You can’t run Sethno. We’ve trained together I know your moves.” Cadet Wel4d called out.

“One shot at this”¦”Cadet Sethno thought to herself before jumping up and running firing blaster round after blaster run while running away.

“Get her my son!” The Manhunter Robot called out. Its voice rumbling the already weak floor shifting the pillars faster.

“I will my lord!” Cadet Wel4d yelled casting away the bluish gold glow around his hands his big black eye unblinking.

“Just one more sprint.” Cadet Sethno thought again as she tucked and rolled firing the entire time and each blast missing or getting liquefied before it reached him.

“Liquid energy! That’s a new one.” Cadet Wel4d seemed slightly shocked. But what he didn’t know was the mesmerizing opened his mind enough to expand his range of what can be liquefied.

“Cleanse her, my son!” The Manhunter called again this time the cave’s roof shook, spikes of rock shook look dropping on them.

Cadet Sethno run one more time and making a jump over the rocks that had just fallen. Blasting at Cadet Wel4d’s hands just as she landed on top of the Manhunter Cadet Sethno was leading Cadet Wel4d’s strikes back towards the Manhunter and before Cadet Wel4d could stop himself his power had begun to work on the Manhunter.

“NOOOO! MY SON WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!” The Manhunter’s voice boomed in what they thought was agony, as the Manhunter’s body began to melt into the sand around them. As his body liquefied the persuasion the Manhunter had over Cadet Wel4d began to wear off. The cave shook hard as the Manhunter continued to yell and protest.

“What”¦.what’s going on?” Cadet Wel4d’s black eye finally blinking repeatedly the ceiling falling down around them.

“I’ll tell you later blinky. Right now I need you to pour on the juice and take out the Manhunter robot.” Cadet Sethno began blasting the parts that hadn’t been liquefied.

“I WILL NOT BE DENIED!” the Manhunter roared and the cave shook more than it ever had the rocks falling in more than just spikes.

“YOU WILL NOT DENY ME AGAIN YOU GORGON WITCH!” the Manhunter raged as his partially liquid body was being absorbed into the sands while rocks continued to fall on him damaging the rest and covering him his eyes shot out beams of light

“We need to get out of here!” Cadet Wel4d continued to “pour on the juice” dodging five large rocks as the sixth one fell.

“AHHHHH!” Cadet Wel4d prepared for the worst and nothing came.

<No fear Cadet Wel4d. I have the boulder.> Cadet Ganglios spoke through the telepathic link.

<Where the Sprock have you been?> Cadet Sethno fired on the Manhunter again.

The cavern shook again.

<We should go now. This place won’t stay up much longer.> Cadet Ganglios replied throwing several boulders that began falling on them. The ground and cave ceiling shaking more and more with each passing moment. The sweat running down his yellow face and his giant blue eyes wide.

The three of them ran and as they ran Cadet Wel4d sent one more blast of liquefying energy towards the Manhunter robot as they ran. It wasn’t accurate as he wanted but he did hit the Manhunter chest unit.

“I WILL NOT BE DEFIED. I WILL COME FOR YOU MY SON! I WILL COME FOR ALL OF YOU!” The Manhunter roared as the ceiling finally came crashing down on his body which by this point had been liquefied by at least 50%.

The cadets ran as fast as they could to avoid the falling boulders and spikes. Cadet Ganglios could see the entrance but he knew they weren’t going to be fast enough, not without a little extra push and that extra push was him grabbing them telekinetically and throwing them out of the cave.

Last edited by Nightcrawler; 05/06/17 05:48 PM.

Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 4/1/2017
Omni #924944 04/01/17 08:56 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
“AHHHHHH! I hate when you do this!” Cadet Sethno yelled her eyes wide and flashing green and turning to stone any of the Manhunter's followers that still remained in his thrall and tried to grab them.

With a loud crash the cave closed behind them. The mountainside above the cavern was now sunken with the forest of trees now folded in looking like a grassy knoll. Once clear all three cadets were dropped to the ground.

“Good job Cadets! The Manhunter’s influence has worn off of us and the other members of the Manhunter’s cult.” Cadet O’rn helped Cadet Sethno and Wel4d standup.

“Thanks. That thing was super nasty. But dealt with.”Cadet Sethno brushed the dirt off her torn blue uniform.

“We might need something stronger for missions though.” Cadet Sethno looked down at herself and Cadet Wel4d who’s uniforms were completely dirty and ripped to shreds.

“Clearly. Cadet O’rn looked the both of them up and down.

“Well it seems that the Mordru connection was a hoax and the Manhunter mesmerized its people to call in the threat to try and get more follows here who were high up in the universal and planetary governments.” Cadet Vi walked over to them after chatting with Reverend Ciotti.

“I guess it wanted to be a famous god.” Cadet O’rn joked.

“No it wanted to control the universe. The Manhunter Prime directive. Now what happened to you Tellus? I was almost melted. You were supposed to come back after you dropped me off.” Cadet Sethno stood in front of Cadet Ganglios waiting for a reply her regal demeanor gone.

“Sorry, I had to come back out to affect Cadets O’rn and Vi. It took me knocking them unconscious with a telepathic blast to deprogram them.” Cadet Ganglios said through his modulator which didn’t say how he was feeling but the nodes on his back shifted to yellow and blues.

“Sethno.” Cadet Vi chastised.

“Sorry Tellus. I just didn’t know what happened to you and well Wel4d had me on the ropes. Guess my adrenaline was still running high.” Cadet Sethno rubbed the back of her scaly neck before bending down and giving Cadet Ganglios a small hug.

<Thank you and I’m glad you alright as well.> Cadet Ganglios’s nodes shifted to a pinkish orange. His voice in Cadet Sethno’s head was very small and sweet. She knew he hadn’t done it on purpose but he was one of the few cadets she trusted and in that moment she wasn’t sure if he had it any more.

“Cadet Sethno, first I’m sorry for almost melting you. But can I ask you something?” Cadet Wel4d spoke up breaking the hug up.

“Thanks and your question is”¦?” Sethno wasn’t sure where this was going.

“The Manhunter seemed to know you.”

“Yes, and?”

“Have you fought it before? I know that’s unlikely. But his and your comments just seem like it knew you.” Blinking his large black eye Cadet Wel4d looked at her waiting.

“It might. I did have a life”¦along one before becoming a cadet.” Cadet Sethno replied before walking off towards the cruisers to change as the cold of Boit was starting to get to her again.

“That didn’t exactly answer my question”¦” Cadet Wel4d’s voice was soft.

“No it didn’t but we’ll get some answers.” Cadet Vi stepped up and put an arm around Cadet Wel4d’s slender shoulders leading him towards the cruiser.

Below In the Cavern

“I WILL NOT BE DENIED. I WILL NOT.” The Manhunter voice rasped out from beneath the rubble its head moving to shift the rocks a little. Its eyes glowing a faint green white light

Last edited by Nightcrawler; 05/06/17 05:49 PM.

Omni #926558 04/20/17 01:13 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Online Content
Unseen, not unheard
Hey Omni! Sorry it took me so long to read.

Some nice mysteries and moments here.

I really like how you're writing Stheno. Very interesting, and not at all villainous, quite sassy.

Like how you added so many bit characters into the mix, even some of Lori Morning's H-Dial forms. Your original cadets are interesting too.

Vi and Gim are cute. The scene where Gim and Andy talk about Vi was well done. So was the scene with Garth struggling over his feelings towards Imra and Jo for their kiss in Legion Lost.

I like how you bring so many Cadets to life while also giving enough time for the main Legionnaires.

Like Harbi, I would love to see a roll call, just to have a list of everyone in the same place. Easier to track.

Love how you made Ming so studious as well.Her contrast with cruel bully Twine was nice. And poor Validus.

Really interested to see the creation of the full squad.

Omni #927381 04/27/17 05:34 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Thanks IB! no worries i understand real life gets busy. But i'm glad you were able to respond and you liked what you read.
It's the final hurrdle before the squad is chose. so everyone's getting there moments in.

I hope you like what i have coming for Sethno. it should be pretty interesting and glad her sassy nature is well received.
As i said before Gim and Vi are my favorite pairing to write simply because of how cute and nervous they are.
Lori's h-dail forms are just simply fun to play with.
Thank you for the Garth and Jo part. Garth also has some things coming for him that are going to change some things.
Ming and Twine are are my odd couple. knowledge vs brute force.

i'll have an ultimate score card for you guys soon.

Thanks again and stay tuned.

Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 4/27/2017
Omni #927383 04/27/17 05:42 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Montauk Point, Metropolis Earth - United Planets Special Unit training academy
Sub level one = brig cells.

Roll call:

Cadet Bobb Kohan of Earth - creates crystal structures by force of will.
Dragonmage of Earth, New Shanghai Colony, slave of Mordru - spell casting for various effects. His powers manifesting through various forms of dragons holograms

Cadet Kohan departed the cruiser from his most recent mission with a squad to Garon where they had done try outs and helped with registration. They had brought back several potential cadets. One of which was Probe, who had made Cadet Kohan relive the worst time in his life, being captured and tortured by Mordru. But Probe didn’t get the whole story of how he ended up in the clutches of Mordru. Quickly making his way to the only three person elevator in the academy was in the hanger bay. The elevator takes him down into the brig one level below the hanger to keep any prisoners from attempting to escape or get too far into the Academy’s building.

“You said you weren’t going to see him. That you didn’t need to see him. After all this time he was no longer important.” Cadet Kohan thought to himself.

The metallic blue gray walls of the short hallway glistened pristinely as Cadet Kohan opened the door to the brig. The brig itself was a giant circle with cells that lined the walls all the way around with a command post at the center of the room. The command post spun around to face any inmate at any time. Cadet Kohan made his way to the only cell that was occupied skipping the command post. Cadet Kohan looked down on the slender frame of the young mystic who had attacked his fellow cadets on The Cyclone World meditating his legs crossed and eyes closed.

“You’re looking well for someone who should have been dead ages ago.” Cadet Kohan sneered.

“Why thank you Bobb. You’re looking much better yourself. Love the crystal hair.” Dragonmage opened his eyes slowly revealing a pair of luminescent green eyes.

“Thanks. So you’re a lap dog now?”

“Have they sent you to interrogate me?” Dragonmage’s smile was small but knowing.

“No. I’m here on my own. They don’t even know I know you.” Cadet Kohan answered still glaring.

“Hopefully that will change as I’ll need your help convincing your Captain that I hate Mordru as much as you all do and I’ll do my part to help. Now that I’m free of his influence.” Dragonmage kept his eyes on Cadet Kohan’s.

“Yeah, like any of us believe that.” Cadet Kohan gulped as he tried to hold Dragonmage’s gaze but even after all this time it was hard to look at him.

“I know you’re still angry with me. But that portal was necessary to finding the answers we sought. We couldn’t have known it would lead to Mordru.” Dragonmage spoke softly keeping his composure while feeling his own heart beat fast.

“How could you not know that? You translated the spell for almost two years Xao!” Cadet Kohan’s voice began to rise.

“I didn’t know that spell would open to Zerrox. The spell was only supposed to open our minds to find a cure for crystallization in the universe and instead it brought us to your cure. The crystal baths of Zerrox reversed your crystallization and gave you better control.” Dragonmage”˜s voice broke a little. The buzz of the lights in his cell growing stronger and then ebbing out.

“Yeah and then because we stopped for a moment and stole a kiss we were caught and Mordru tortured me for the next six months before me and Jed escaped. While you were nowhere to be found.” Cadet Kohan looked at Xao and wanted to stuff a crystal through his heart.
“Lady Mysa was the one who made it possible for you to escape. After our capture I became her servant per Mordru’s orders as he hoped she would cultivate me into a weapon. She did become my mentor and”¦something more.” Xao’s electric green eyes looked away for the first time. He had always imagined this conversation in his head. But never could have imagined it feeling this painful.

“You fell in love with the hag who helped torture me?”

“Trust me the spells she did weren’t as bad as Mordru’s. I know you think she hurt you but most of her spells enchanted you to withstand Mordru’s attacks. That’s why she always went first. It was the bargain I struck with her when our friendship first started.”

“Even if I did believe you, you left me. How could you? We were living together. We were thinking about getting a pet and you just left me for dead to play Dragonmage” Cadet Kohan’s eyes watered as crystal tears formed at the corners of his eyes.

Xao wanted to reach out and wipe those tears away but knew he couldn’t and not just because his cell’s force field was still intact.

“I was enchanted for the first two months and then when I finally found out you were still alive I tried to find ways to save you and nothing worked. Lady Mysa even caught me. That’s how I convinced her to help you and in exchange I would help her be a weapon against Mordru instead of for him. But still I’m sorry from the bottom of my heart. I only wanted to help you. The more you started to turn to crystal the more scared I got and considering what happened to your grandfather. I just wanted to help. I did love you.” Xao apologized his heart racing with small tears of his own ready to begin. Bobb was the only one he was this vulnerable with. Lady Mysa was his soul mate and he knew that despite her haggard looks. Their love was of respect, honor and a different kind of intimacy than what he had with Bobb who simply allowed him to speak from deep within his soul.

“I did love you too. But you destroyed that.” Cadet Kohan began to turn to leave.

“Bobb, listen to me. Mordru is coming and I attacked your friends because I was in his thrall. But I didn’t want to do it and now that I’ve been here I’ve had the chance to cast a few wards to keep me from his thrall. This cell may stop me from leaving but it can’t stop all of my dragons.” Xao cautioned.

“Not much ever could.” Cadet Kohan had yet to turn around. He couldn’t face him.

“He’s coming for the United Planets and soon and I want to help. Please let your Captain know I’ll help. All I ask is he meet with me.” Xao pleaded.

“I’m sure Captain Allon will be here to see you soon enough. Enjoy your dragons.” Cadet Kohan walked out of the Brig leaving Xao to hope that his words didn’t fall on deaf ears.

Last edited by Nightcrawler; 05/06/17 05:51 PM.

Omni #927384 04/27/17 05:46 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Out in space on the other side of the Milky Way galaxy.

Inferno sat on a meteor her white blue flames surrounding her body out in the middle of space. The closet planet more than 5.9 light years away. The cruiser she had stolen had become cramped and had a feeling it would be tracked to her location. So she went out onto this meteor to think about her next move.

“We should ditch that ship.” Inferno thought to herself still getting used to the idea of being one person. Sari had always been her sister. Even Sari thought that and now their minds were melding together. Their experiences shifting together. Inferno felt like she was going crazy but Inferno and Sari’s minds weren’t the only ones they had to contend with.

“Yes, those Heroes will come after us.” The Dark diamonds within Inferno had fused together as one again rested on the center of her chest. Its radiant violet energy glowing each time it spoke to her.

“They aren’t Heroes. Their just cops and we don’t need cops coming. Not until we’re ready.” Inferno smiled devilishly her inner darkness coming forward.

“But they are our friends and Dirk tried to help us.” Inside Inferno’s mind a small white light twinkled

“They are not our friends. They are the enemy. Besides they are the least of our worries. Mordru is out there and I’m sure he will want to reclaim us.” The Darkness within spoke again the diamond sparking to life.

“They are actually his enemies as well. They are training to rid the universe of his taint. We should work together with them.” The little voice of goodness spoke again.

“Or we work with Mordru and destroy his enemies and get to continue to create our chaos throughout the galaxy and then once we’re in his trust we can take him down.” This fire girl was the most powerful the darkness has felt in a long time.

Inferno continued to look out on the stars and ponder their next move that will lead to her downfall and the engulfing of the universe. With a flare of white hot fire Inferno sat and smiled.

Last edited by Nightcrawler; 05/06/17 05:52 PM.

Omni #927386 04/27/17 05:55 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Daxam, Solaris Project Compound in Daxam Prime, Captial of Daxam
Roll Call:

M’Onel -Lar Gand (Valor) of Daxam U247 - flight, invulnerability, solar absorption and healing. X-ray vision, penetra- vision, heat vision, super breath, freeze breath, super human speed, reflexes, endurance and sense (vision, smell, hearing, touch.)
Jl-ia - Specialization: heat vision, micro-vision, x-ray vision, telescopic vision.

“Are you ready?” Jl-ia looked into M’Onel’s eyes. She was just as excited as he was. The two of them stood outside the Solaris Project’s Compound inside the giant doorways over hang.

“I am.” M’Onel replied simply with a small smile.

It had been more than a thousand years since he had walked on Daxam and since he arrived unconscious almost a week ago he had yet to see Daxam. The Red Sun shone brightly down on the two of them as they stepped out. Its red hue coating them. Its energy so different from the Sol system and its yellow Sun energy. M’Onel felt almost constricted in his muscles before stretching a bit while he let the sun warm him.

“Alright you two. You have clearance to leave base and explore more of Daxam’s capital. But while you’re out we want you to wear these suits to power them up.” Their Captain Lare Gand said pointing to the outfits they had been provided in their rooms before leaving.

“So what do they do?” Jl-ia pulled at her black body suit with a small set of circuitry in the upper left corner of their chests in the shape of a small neon green triangle with a circle around it. A small protective shield covering it.

“They absorb all types of solar energy and convert it into Yellow solar energy which is then transferred to your cells as if you weren’t wearing them at all.” Lare smiled at them as he tapped on his omnicom.

“Interesting. So we’d have our powers under a red sun if these work?” M’Onel asked still looking around at the landscape of the capital before him. The temple of Raos stood tall its shadow cast across the west end of town.

“Yup. I did a tryout with the proto type last week and this is the next version. Now get out there and enjoy that sun.” Lare smiled one more time before turning around and entering the compound.

“Race ya?” Jl-ia grinned at M’Onel before taking off down the main street dust flying up all around her from the dirt roads.

“Haha. Here goes nothing.” M’Onel took off after Jl-ia sending up another storm of dust. The red sun beating down on them but still the two of them raced as fast as ever. M’Onel couldn’t help but marvel at this. He’d never thought he’d feel this powerful while on Daxam and with a burst of super speed M’Onel jumped forward catching Jl-ia.

“Good job! I thought you’d never catch up. Feeling back to normal?” Jl-ia asked.

“Yeah maybe even better.” M’Onel looked to his left and saw the Fumax river flowing and saw a few fish jump up from the water racing along with them.

The two of them raced around the capital twice before taking flight. The suits circuitry a soft green glow, the pinkish clouds wafted past them before they landed at the top of the closest mountain ridge that over looked the capital city. M’Onel landed first with Jl-ia not far behind him. The sun was beaming down and the clouds continued to waft pass as they sat on a boulder looking down at the capital.

“So this is Daxam Prime.” M’Onel looked out at the city with Roas’ temple at the center of the city. The sun’s light casting its shadow behind the temple. A Thousand years ago this site was simply the home of the temple and a giant desert surrounding it.

“It is. It’s the best place in all of Daxam.” Jl-ia smiled looking out over Daxam Prime.

“It looks so small from up here.” M’Onel marveled at it.

“It is. But I wouldn’t have it any other way. The other cities on Daxam have grown so much larger than this but they have a different air about them. Almost segregated I guess is the only way I can describe it. If you’re not from there then they don’t like you. But Daxam Prime is a real community.” Jl-ia voice almost caught in her throat.

“So you grew up here?” M’Onel asked simply.

“I did. This is my home and I’ll protect it no matter what. But what about you? What was your home before coming here?” Jl-ia’s brown eyes looked at M’Onel and saw him staring off into the distance at that question.

“That’s complicated. But the basics are that I’m a traveler and haven’t really every called anywhere home. Earth”¦Mars”¦Cragg”¦Talok IV”¦the void”¦of space.” M’Onel rattled off the list disconnectedly.

“Do you know where your family lived on Daxam before they left?” Jl-ia was doing her best to not be too invasive. But they all were so curious about the Daxamite who feel from the stars.

“No. I haven’t found any records yet. I honestly haven’t had the chance. We’ve been training so much this last week.” M’Onel threw a small pebble that sailed through the air across the desert towards the Ramna Sea.

“Yeah, they are just trying to get you up to speed. You’ve got great skills with all of our powers. But you’re not up to where we are. But you will be and then you’ll be our everyman incase of Mordru’s arrival.” Jl-ia smiled warmly.

“Haha. That’s me the every man.” M’Onel smiled brightly at her. His blue eyes twinkling a little. He hadn’t been thought of as the everyman before.

“You are and I hope you’ll feel at home with us soon.” Jl-ia smiled again. She knew it was hard for him and could see the loneliness behind those dreamy blue eyes.

“I’m starting to. It will just take some time. But I can think of a way that you could help. Could you explain to me the lockdown? Daxam wasn’t always shut off and I’m still trying to understand why. When I was out in the galaxy”¦Earth most recently they all were scared of me. I hadn’t had that happen out on the farther rim worlds.” M’Onel figured he’d take this moment to find out some history.

“We’ll there’s multiple reasons and I doubt I’d do them any justice. But if you want I’ll help you look through the history feeds and maybe we can even find your family’s home settlement?”

“Thank you Jl-ia.” M’Onel gave a thin but warm smile.

“Any time. Now how about we fly back into the capital and hit up the Bizzaria for some fresh fruit and a small meal before we start our research?” Jl-ia stood up and slowly floated up her long brown hair flowing in the wind gently.

“I am rather starved.” M’Onel smiled joining her. The two of them floating off towards the city Bizzaria.

A small yellow bird chirped from the tree they sat under. Its head moving mechanically as it watched the two of them fly away. The small black eyes flexed in and out with a loud shutter.

In a dark office someone watched the two of them fly off through the bird’s eyes. The light from the holo screen illuminated its watcher revealing Roxxas sitting there his finger tips touching in a pyramid.

“Keep him busy. He’s an inquisitive one and we don’t need him learning anything”¦unpleasant.” Roxxas spoke his gruff voice breaking the silence.

“Of course Sir. M’Onel will be kept very busy.” Lare Gand spoke his gaze transfixed ahead of him and his voice void of all emotion. Promptly he turned and left the office.

“Make sure he succeeds and if he doesn’t you know what to do.” Roxxas spoke again and Dev-em stepped forward from the shadows his eyes glowing red and his jaw clenched.

Last edited by Nightcrawler; 05/06/17 05:53 PM.

Re: Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 4/27/2017
Omni #927713 05/06/17 05:19 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
Hey Omni, I have just had a massive catch-up; looks like things are heating up on Daxam...anything involving Roxxas is never a happy time lol

I like Crystal Kid and Dragonmage having a past together, and I also really dig the Seed Man as a bad guy; it's interesting to see what a Chlorophyll Kid could be like as a vilain laugh

Omni #927836 05/07/17 02:42 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Online Content
Unseen, not unheard
Roxxas is up to no good! I like the idea of different Daxamites having different specializations. Would be interesting to see if any of them are better than M'Onel is at a certain aspect.

The scene with Bobb and Xao was done very well. Tugged at my heartstrings it did!

Loved the inner conflict within Inferno's mind too!

Omni #927853 05/07/17 08:14 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Hey Omni, I'll post my thoughts as I read your story:

Polar Boy being cold while on try-outs - funny!

"It's servitude!" Love your Gates smile Elastic J and Glue Diddy sound like acts from X-Factor (the awful TV show) which gave me a smile. Tarka was cruel putting those stones in the goo boy's finger apertures, though I wonder what the quantum wake was he saw? Gates opinion on the try outs were funny, and pretty much accurate really.

Veilmist was interesting, though I'm more interested in Union - creation of hive minds? Eww, creepy! Probe was cool, and using his anti-registration sentiment to show Cadet Kohans brutal link to Mordru was well done. Poor Bbob, he doesn't get any luck in any version, does he? Still you have him using his abilities well.

Garth's hesitancy to open up to Jo was well done, it's often the case that folk can hold onto a grudge and it cause barriers between them and people who should be their nearest and dearest. Jo's grudge against Cadet Astor was great too - I can totally understand why he would begrudge someone being able to use all of his abilities at the same time. And Astor's reasons for being there are similar to Cham's which is great, I do love an outsider trying to gain acceptance. Cadet Lour is interesting - can we see more please? Cadet Tharrok is a smiley sneak - can we see more please? smile

Umbra really doesn't like him does she? He should watch out as we all know what trouble an angry Umbra get up to - looking forward to seeing where they go from here. Gim apologising for shining the light in Umbra's eyes by mistake was sweet. Oh... didn't expect Gim, etc to be kidnapped by the ship, this'll be good!

James' botched stasis field catching his teammates was fun - maybe he'll be a little bit less cocky next time, though I doubt it. Umbra to the rescue? very nice her realising that her discomfort may be similar to what Jan went through before, nice touch.

Good scene with Monstress, Triad, Kid Quantum and Nephus - Magnostar was interesting too, hopefully we'll meet him again somewhere down the line. Chief of staff Vuli had a really interesting visual, all that boone on show would make look quite fierce. And Gringotts? Have you been reading JK Rowling recently?

The Seed Man - good to finally encounter him, though the guests at the casino wouldn't think that. Ral thanking the plants was really cute. Good teamwork between the cadets too, I like your version of Thunder (Cadet Beeek). Cadet Shazlon is another favourite, nice having her roll in to almost save the day. Cadet Rehtu gives me the creeps - the idea of an invisible id that can cause hallucinations is quite disturbing. Good that the Slasher could be affected by his abilities though. Also really nice you showing Drura's determination, she almost had the seed man there.

And was his parting words to Ral a comment that he knows something about his future?

Tellus, Vi and Sethno on the warpath - that'll be fun! Vi being sneaky is always a joy, as was Tellus bumping him and Sethno along the rocks - ha! It made me laugh picturing it. The manhunter is a great idea - they're tough opponents, and it being able to hypnotise anyone in their way makes it doubly so. I didn't think Wel4D would be so tough to fight but you gave us a great little scene between that cadet and sethno - clever having her use the other cadets abilities against the manhunter - That's a clever surprise!

Tellus to the rescue! Good to see you hadn't forgotten him and it was cute that he was questioned where he was by Sethno. I'm looking forward to more titbits about her long life, I think she's my favourite of your OCs.

Very nice interlude between Xao and Bbob - their shared history is really interesting, as were the little snippets like "You remember what happened to your grandfather?" - hopefully you will use them again soon, maybe even redeem Dragonmage.

Inferno is really troubled - I wonder which option she'll choose, or if you'll do something else with her.

Daxam is segregated from the galaxy? And Roxxass is involved, no doubt - this doesn't bode well for Lar. Interesting that they team of empowered Daxamites think they are working to save their world from a potential Mordru attack, then I suspect it will be more to do with Roxxas' plans. It'll be interesting to see where this goes as you have a great sub-plot going on here.

Omni, I've been reading this for over an hour and a half now and am sorry to have reached the last part as it's a total rollercoaster ride with great side mission while amping up the tension between the main (bigger, anyway) plot lines. I'm most looking forward to meeting your Dark Man (will Slasher be working for him as a nod towards previous continuity? Will he be a tharokk clone/ too many questions!) and seeing where you go next with Inferno, but wherever you decide to take us next I'm looking forward to more, more, more!

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
Omni #927862 05/07/17 08:37 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Online Content
Unseen, not unheard
Thanks Harbi for your review, as I relize I forgot to have in-depth comments for some of the stories! Seed Man was fun, and I also really liked the tryouts. I empathize with Gates' view of the nannites, but others did a good job also of pointing out the benefits. In fact, I think you (Omni) are doing an excellent job showing the pros and cons of the nannites - they are not an ideal situation and hamper freedom of many, but you also show them as being a "necessary evil" because of Mordru. Lastly, you also show how the UP has tried to make them less intrusive by mostly using them to shut down powers that go out of control (though we do know they can be much more controlling...). And you did a good job of showing different points of view from people, including the objections from some meta-powered individuals!

Omni #927918 05/07/17 01:06 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Thank you all so much for the kind words and encouragements. I know i've posted a lot of things at once and its hard to comment and get all of them so thank you for what you all do comment on! I get so excited to share these with all of you and it makes me very happy to read all of your comments.

I'm glad that everyone likes my Gates! He's much fun to write.
Harbinger i'm glad my comedy is working. with Polar Boy i've seen the joke ues elsewhere and i just couldn't resist.

I'm glad Dragonmage and Cadet Kohan's sense was so well received. The little character bits are something I'm living for these days and Kohan's surly attitude had to come from somewhere. Plus I've felt like Mordru has been such a peripheral menace that he needed to be shown more and this was perfect way.
Dragonmage is redeemable i think. but we'll have to wait until the final battle just to see if he can over come Mordru's thrall. IB i'm glad i pulled those strings i wanted them to feel real to each other.

Roxxas is an evil man and Daxam is definitely in trouble in his hands and things will be heating up for Daxam for sure.
IB, Ol-vir whose specialization is speed seems to be faster and Jl-ai can use two vision powers at the same time, which M'Onel hasn't mastered yet. ( the racing scene between Ol-vir and M'Onel , Ol'vir would have won had the weights not gotten in the way and Jl-ai's practice demonstration M'Onel commented on her use of the two.)

The Seed Man
I'm glad he turned out well as. i worry when i present and OC. a villainous Chlorophyll Kid is rather fun idea.
Harbinger you were the only one to spot that line...who knows what the Seed Man knows. He'll be seen again no worries.

Inferno:
she' is rather troubled but she's going to be bringing some trouble before her flames change color again.

Umbra and Tharok hate each other and i don't see their "relationship" improving much any time soon. the ship kidnapping them i hope will lead to a really fun story and the Dark man is intriguing to write. Tharok will be around for a bit while longer don't you worry.

I'm so glad the Garth and Joe moment felt real. i worried that maybe the moment wouldn't work because it had been so long since the incident happened and so much has happened to rebond them. but i feel like its still easy to hold on slightly. Also i haven't had the two together much nor during the Legion run did i see them together much after Garth's return,.

Tarka's quantum wake vision is a mystery that i hope you'll enjoy once it gets going.
I'm glad the try outs paid off . i like the X-Factor comparison Harbinger!. Also I hope you all noticed the inspirations for Elastic J and Glue Diddy.
I'm glad you like Union Harbinger. i like playing with different kinds of telepathy and hive minds are just so effective for defense.
Cadet Lour will be around some more as will Cadet Astor and thank you for pointing out that parallel i hadn't even thought about that.

Lol Harbinger i was watching the movies while writing and it just sounded like a bone disease to me. Magnostar will be back. cheif Vuli and her race i think would be some of the pretties and fiercest looks creatures if i ever got them designed. Idk if your an X-Men fan but i envision the character of Marrow when i think of Vuli and her bone protrusions.
I'm glad you like Sethno Harbinger but she isn't an OC of mine. she was a thief /villain in the post boot Legion's series for one story in issue 100 of LSH v. 4. She does have along life indeed and the Manhunter isn't gone just yet.
Wel4d is my iceman, great potential but doesn't know it.

Harbinger I'm glad Rethu creeps you out. Shazlons, Beeek, are two i'm glad came off well as i feel i don't have their voices just yet,.. Shazalon rolling in to almost save the day i like that. lol.
IB thank you so much the nanntie debate. i realized they need a spot light and boy are they gonna get one soon and you said it they have their uses and have been helpful. but everything has a down side.

Thank you all again and keep your eyes peeled for more coming your way.

Omni #928170 05/10/17 07:54 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
Originally Posted by Omni
Idk if your an X-Men fan but i envision the character of Marrow when i think of Vuli and her bone protrusions.
Shazalon rolling in to almost save the day i like that.

You described Vuli well, my mind went straight to Marrow when I pictured her...especially how Carlos Pacheco used to draw her bone plates to look kinda armour-like but still definitely bone.

Also, I think I forgot to mention before but I really like Shazalon! laugh

Omni #928280 05/11/17 07:26 AM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
lol so all you seem to like Shazalon, "spolier" she doesn't make the squad at the moment. But would you all want to see her make it?

I'm curious though, out of my 52 cadets excluding the Legionnaires because they are The Squad, who would you all like to see? Give me your top 7 and possibly a reason for that choice? Who knows you might make a case for someone to be bumped up!

I'll be posting an Ultimate Score Card later today to help but if you have some ideas before that's posted your more than welcome to give a shout!

Let the games being!

Omni #928320 05/11/17 01:24 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Online Content
Unseen, not unheard
I'll wait for the score card smile

How many cadets total will make the Squad again?

Omni #928351 05/11/17 02:14 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
The total for the squad is 35ish. But maybe if there's enough demand to see more of certain characters they will either be swapped out for one of the ones I've chosen or i may just add the extra. but the squad can definitely can't go beyond 40.

Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248: The Ultimate Score Card
Omni #928415 05/11/17 09:26 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Hey Everyone,
Since I’ve gotten a few requests for a new score card I’m going to give you guys the Ultimate Score Card for my series. This Score Card will be broken up into sections as follows The Legion, The Academy ( Non Legion Cadet’s and Staff), Government Officials, Non Registered Underground, Random supporting Characters and Villains. Each section will have original appearance listed for when they appeared in the Reboot Universe as this reality is based loosely off of U 247. If they don’t have one it will list their original appearance or if they are an Original Character. Thank you all and enjoy!

Legion of Super Heroes of Universe 247 (The Reboot Legion 1994-2004)
Enrolled in the Cadet Program in U248

Live Wire - Garth Ranzz - electrical generation and manipulation, and elemental transmutation of Winath of U247
First Appearance: LSH # 0

Saturn Girl - Imra Ardeen – telepathy, mind control, reading and communication. Of Titan U247
First Appearance: LSH # 0

Triad - Luornu Durgo –Ability to split into three bodies. Of Cragg U247
First Appearance: Joined in Legionnaires #0

Apparition - Tinya Wazzo Nah –intangibility of Bzgtl of U247
First Appearance: Legionnaires # 0

Ultra Boy - Jo Nah- Super-strength, super-speed, flight, invulnerability, flash vision, and "penetra-vision" (all approximately at Kryptonian power levels), only one of which can be used at a time. of Rimbor U247
First appeared in Legion of Super-Heroes vol. 4, #64.
Joined in Legionnaires #37

Violet - Salu Digby – able to shrink to microscopic and grow gigantic size at will. Of Imsk U247
Joined in Legion of Super-Heroes vol. 4, #66

Ferro - Andy Nolan – moveable iron body, super strength and invulnerability of 20th century Earth U247
First appeared in Adventures of Superman #540 (November 1996).
Joined in Legion of Super-Heroes vol. 4, #93 (June 1997).

Umbra (Tasmia Mallor) – shadow caster. Of Talok IV U247
First appeared and joined in Legionnaires #43

Kid Quantum II - Jazmin Cullen –quantum fields capable of slowing/freezing time. Energy blast capable of causing decay. Of Xanthu of U247
First appeared in Legion of Super-Heroes vol. 4, #82.
Joined in Legionnaires #60

Spark - Ayla Ranzz –electrical generation and manipulation. Of Winath U247
Joined in Legion of Super-Heroes vol. 4, #64
Free Legion Squad in U248
Cosmic Boy – Rokk Krinn of Brall U247 – Magnetism: control, generation, and manipulation.
First Appearance: LSH 0

Invisible Kid – Lyle Norg of Earth U247 – invisibility
Joined in Legion of Super-Heroes vol. 4, #62

Dreamer – Nura Nal of Naltor U247 – precognition
First appeared in Legion of Super-Heroes vol. 4, #84.
Joined in The Legion #23

Gear - I.Z.O.R. Of Lisnar U247 – tecno-organic body that allows him to interface and control machinery and that can grow any type of machinery he can think of.
First appeared in Legion of Super-Heroes vol. 4, #117.
Joined prior to The Legion #3

Sensor - Jeka Wynzorr of Orando U247– generation of illusions and telepathy. Evolved snake abilities undefined.

Chameleon - Reep Daggle of Durla U247 – shape shifting
Joined in Legion of Super-Heroes vol. 4, #62

Wildfire - Drake Burroughs – composed of anti-matter energy. Capable of flight and energy blast.
Composite entity first appeared in Legionnaires #76 (October 1999).
Joined in Legion of Super-Heroes vol. 4, #125

Randall Burroughs Atom'x of Xanthu of U247/248 formerly Wildfire - kinetic control over atomic energy and the atoms that compose them. concussive, searing blasts . Flight ,Phasing/Ghost, Radiation.
First Appearance: Legion v.4 #82

Jahr-Drake Ningle - Blast-Off of Earth of U247/248 formerly Wildfire - Flight and invulnerability

Karate Kid -Val Armorr of Omega Colony of U247– master of all known martial arts.
First appeared in Legion of Super-Heroes vol. 4, #64. Joined in Legionnaires #60

Starboy -Thom Kallor of Xanthu U247- interstellar mass control.
First appeared in Legionnaires #0.
Replaced Kid Quantum I following his death. Joined in Legion of Super-Heroes vol. 4, #76

On Daxam
M'onel -Lar Gand (Valor) of Daxam U247 - flight, invulnerability, solar absorption and healing. X-ray vision, penetra- vision, heat vision, super breath, freeze breath, super human speed, reflexes, endurance and sense (vision, smell, hearing, touch.)
First appeared in Eclipso: Darkness Within #2 (October 1992)
Joined in Legionnaires #37

On Colu
Brainiac 5 -Querl Dox of Colu U 247 - 12th level intelligence , internalized force field apparatus
Joined in Legion of Super-Heroes vol. 4, #63

Andromeda- Laurel Gand of Daxam U247- flight, invulnerability, solar absorption and healing. X-ray vision, microscopic /telescopic vision, penetra- vision, heat vision, super breath, freeze breath, super human speed, reflexes, endurance and sense (vision, smell, hearing, touch.)
Joined in Legion of Super-Heroes vol. 4, #66

Missing:
Lonestar-Shikari of the Kawi migrating Colony of U247- Path finding, ability to generate biological armor and claws, flight. First appeared in Legion Lost #1. Joined in The Legion #3

Timber Wolf- Brin Londo of Rimbor U247 -Superhuman agility and strength, claws and fangs, super-senses, and accelerated healing.
Joined in The Legion #13

The Science Police Academy of U248:
Staff:
Officers:

Captain Gim Allon- Captain and headmaster of the Science Police Special Unit Training Academy
Original First Appearance: Reboot counterpart of Colossal Boy. Joined in Legion of Super-Heroes vol. 4, #62 (November 1994).
Killed battling Dr. Regulus in Legion of Super-Heroes vol. 4, #83

Sergeant Shvaughn Erin -Science Police Sergeant and instructor
First Appearance in U 247: LSH Annual #6 (1995)

Tactical Science Police Officer Gigi Cuzmon
First Appearance in U247: Legionnaires # 0 – (as Gigi Cusimano)

Dr. Ryk'rr – Psychiatrist
Original First Appearance: Legionnaires # 58

Cadets:
The remaining top 50 (from U-248)
Cadet Bogdan Tarka of Doopa –“speedster”. Capable of traveling so fast no one sees him.
It has been revealed that he is a Time manipulator who opens quantum fissures or “pockets” in time slowing it down to the point of freezing time.
First Appeared in: First appeared and joined in Legion of Super-Heroes vol. 5, #48
Cadet Tarka is a re-imagining of The Turtle character from the “Threeboot”.

Cadet Inferno - Sandi Anderson of Scylla–flame heat and light generation and manipulation
First appeared in Legion of Super-Heroes vol. 4, #64
Currently: Possessed by the Black Diamonds known as the Eclipso stone. No longer a Cadet.

Cadet Gates of Vyrga – teleportation disks
First appeared in Legion of Super-Heroes vol. 4, #66 (March 1995).
Joined in Legion of Super-Heroes vol. 4, #76

Cadet Candi Pyponte-Le Parc III of Xanthu-super-strength, endurance, and a fair measure of invulnerability.
Original Appearances: First appeared in Legion of Super-Heroes vol. 4, #82.
Future membership foreshadowed in Legionnaires #50, occurred in Legionnaires #52.
Killed by Element Lad in Legion Lost vol. 1, #11.

Cadet James Cullen of Xanthu - Ability to cast stasis fields using belt.
Original Appearance: Joined in Legion of Super-Heroes vol. 4, #62; killed in the same issue by Tangleweb.

Cadet Brek Bannin of Tharr – Cold manipulation; ability to absorb heat and produce cold.
Legionnaires # 43

Cadet Berta Skye Haris of Earth- wind generation and manipulation.
First Appearance in U247: The Legion #36.

Cadet April Dumaka of Fuzzball Cat-like speed and agility, enhanced senses, and retractable claws.
Introduced in Legion of Super-Heroes vol. 4, #33. Joined in Legion of Super-Heroes vol. 4, #41
Appearance in U247: Legionnaires #69

Cadet Bobb Kohan of Earth - creates crystal structures by force of will.
First Appearance in U247: Legionnaires 43

Cadet Jedediah Rikane of Earth – density control. Super dense and strong to immaterial phantom.
First Appearance: Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes #240.

Cadet Blok of Dryad- super durable, physical resistance, super strong; energy absorption. mass increase.
Mix of Original Appearances: Legion membership foreshadowed in a one-panel appearance in JSA #51 and first appeared as a villain in Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes #253 Joined in Legion of Super-Heroes vol. 2, #272.
Killed by Roxxas in Legion of Super-Heroes vol. 4, #3.

Cadet Lonny Evening of Myar –sentient being of ink. Makes ink projectiles. Can transform into humanoid form.
First appeared in U247: Legionnaires #58
One of Lori Morning’s H-Dial forms.

Cadet Jeem Rehtu of Preztor – creates hallucinations in those he touches. Slight telepathy.
First Appeared:Secretly "demon-possessed"; joined in Adventure Comics #328 (January 1965) in order to dismantle the Legion. Resigned when the demon was exorcised, making him powerless
Notes: This is a re-imagined version of Command Kid without the possession.

Cadet Rol Purtha of Naltor – precognitive dreams.
First appeared and joined in Supergirl and the Legion of Super-Heroes #18 (threeboot)

Cadet Cadet -Jenni Ognats of Aarok – travel at super speeds. Speed force connection.
First appeared in Legionnaires #0; granddaughter of Barry Allen and first cousin of Bart Allen. Joined in Legion of Super-Heroes vol. 4, #62

Cadet Tharok of unknown – hacker genius. Capable of making any type of weapon from any part.
First Appearance in U247: Legionnaires #34

Cadet Validus of unknown - super strong. Super durable, mental lightning. Inherent psychic shielding.
First Appearance in U247: Legionnaires #34

Cadet Twine of Rimbor – Energy-Enhanced Strike, Siphon Life force, Weapon Master
First Appearance: Legion Worlds #1

Cadet Sethno of Medusa - turns people to stone
First appeared in U247: Legion v.4 #100

Cadet Chey-Nu of Dryad. He can turn into any form of light.
First Appearance: Superboy #253. Joined LSH v.3 # 1-5.

Cadet Dune - of Mot duzt - collective of sentient sand grains morph body at will. Travel through soil.
First Appearance: Legionnaires #81

Cadet Tellus Ganglios of Hyrakius - Telepathy and telekinesis.
First appeared in Legion of Super-Heroes vol. 3, #9 as a student at the Legion Academy. Joined in Legion of Super-Heroes vol. 3, #14

Cadet Dirk Morgna of Scylla -Light and heat generation, heat vision, flame generation, transform body into pure light or flame. The Avatar of the elemental Phy'r.
First Appearances in U247: Legionnaires #71 first appearance of elemental Phy’r.
First Appearance in U247 of Dirk Morgna: Legionnaires #29

Cadet Dyrk Magz of Braal- Magnetism manipulation; control and generation of magnetic fields.

Cadet Grava of Extal Colony - gravity wake that may derive from the forces she uses to fly (perhaps using gravitational forces to warp space time and propel herself at otherwise impossible speeds)., also pulls others along with her. smoke tail capable of putting people to sleep and blinding crowds and posses a light tail that can blind others.
First Appearance in U247: Legionnaires #43. In panel only.

Cadet Ming Sul of Tristram - Able to amplify the speed, strength, intelligence, healing, stamina. Using a tagging affect, the duration of which depends on how many sentients she has amped. The larger the group the shorter amount of time it last. The amping affect causes a crash after but only for those she has amped. Not herself.
First Appearance: The Legion #25. Note Power’s have been changed after discussion with Set and Invisible Brainiac

Cadet Ce-Ce Beeek of Steeple - capable of producing/creating sounds on various sound wave lengths that allow her to affect people’s nervous systems, creating vertigo of sorts. she also has an ability called healing harmonics. it allows her to heal others with soothing harmonic tones. the monks were the one's who perfected this technique and taught her how to alter her powers to replicate it. she uses this ability sparingly and not in the heat of battle.
Note: a re-imagined Thunder.

Cadet Myke-4 Astor of Calish-Aetia -Able to recall portion of powers of those he's touched.
Original Appearance First mentioned as a member in Legion of Super-Heroes vol. 4, #28
Note: Re-imagined Echo.

Cadet Lgxx Gsxx of Hnyx- Generates earthquakes
First Appearance: Supergirl & the Legion #17 (Threeboot)

Cadet Devlin O'rn of Calaton - Reflects physical and energy attacks back to their source. He has Monkey tail and agility.
First appeared in Legion of Super-Heroes vol. 4, #6 (April 1990); joined in Legion of Super-Heroes vol. 4, #40
Alternate version of Devlin from the Five year Gap era.

Cadet Ayrla of Dyrlia - Gravity negation
Alternate version of Gossamer Introduced in Legion of Super-Heroes vol. 4, #24

Cadet Staq Mavien of Shawr - breathes fire
First appeared in U247: Legionnaires 43

Cadet Drura Sepht of Smoahtur -Spontaneous generation of infectious diseases.
First Appearance in U247: The Legion #36.

Cadet Wel4d of Rigel9 - can turn solids into liquids and vice versa.
First Appearance in U247: Showcase '96 #8

Cadet Waiane Wentim of Zwen - Zwennite physiology, narcoleptic induction
He was created by Raz.

Cadet Shazlon of Barrio III - Spherical diamond body, with retractable appendages. Super durability. Telepathic communication.
Original character.

Cadet Gil Swanson of Earth -able to switch people’s powers at will, must touch person to do it. Flight. Invisibility
Original Character.

Cadet Mory Lour of Omegons -Teleportation
One of Lori Morning’s H-Dial hero forms.

Cadet Ollow Dulga of Aleph 2 -Creates jewels about her body to use as armored protection. Emerald, Ruby's, Diamonds, and Sapphires are her favorites to use.
First Appearance: Re-imagined Jewel from the 5 year later run.

Cadet Ral Benem of Mardru -Ability to stimulate plant growth
First appeared in U247: Legionnaires 43

Cadet Ilshu Nor of Lallor -Able to transform into any animal or beast and duplicate their special abilities.
First appeared in U247: Legionnaires #49

Cadet Theena- clairvoyant symbiote that she can communicate with and display past and present of people through physical touch imprinting.
First Appearance: Legion v.5 #1(threeboot)

Cadet Nepheus of Beltair IV -Water control and generation
Original Character.

Beta Cadets:
Cadet Susa Pak of Earth - Super-strong prehensile hair.
First Appearance in U247: Legion v.4 #64

Cadet Lydda Jath of Kathoon –Super strong in absolute darkness and space.
First Appearance in U247: Legionnaires #43

Cadet Kent Shakespeare of Earth - Limited invulnerability super speed and Super strength. Medical knowledge. Greater physical stamina. But requires sleep after.
First appeared in Legion of Super-Heroes vol. 4, #12.

Cadet Lizz Sunrizze of Thanotopsia - Creates balls of fire that she can control their direction/target. Flight.
First appeared in U247: Legionnaires #53. This is one of Lori Morning’s H-Dial personas.

Cadet Amber - of J586 - Able to project a gel like substance
First appeared in U247: Legionnaires #81.

Cadet Ray Sah - of Rimbor - Convert light energy into malleable forms, such as flight and destructive beams of light.
First Appearance: LSH v.3 #24

Cadet Tari Wahlmunn - of Takron-Galtos -Project thought spheres to engulf targets causing hallucinatory distorting effects by interfering with ones bio-electrical system.
First Appearance:Legion v.3 Annual #3

Cadet Peter Dursin- of Earth -Metahuman with quills all over his body that he can fire at will
First appeared in Superboy #201

Cadet Noorr-ni't of Gryx - Flight. Elongated arms. Heighted senses of vision. Mutant at birth reptilian skin. First appeared in U247: Legionnaires #55

Gra-Malla of Figa - Shadow walker and living shadow
Re-imagining of Shadow kid
First appeared in U247: The Legion #24

Cadet E. Davis Ester of Touston - Ability to cause accidents and disasters
First appeared in Adventure Comics #342

Cadet Mori of Earth - Flight, super speed, slipstream tail that creates a dazzling light.
First appeared in U247: Legionnaires #53

Cadet Ulu Vakk of Lupra- Ability to change the colors of people and objects. Can also project beams of the color black, blinding opponents.
First appeared in U247: Legionnaires #43

Omega Cadets:
Tongue- Bullwhip tongue
First appeared in U247: Legionnaires #44

Cherry Bomb - Betty Dorina of Orinda - sound and light blast that deafens those within close radius to her. unable to control targeting.
First appeared in U247: Legionnaires #44

Mano of Angtu - Left hand has a disintegrating touch
First Appearance in U 247: Legionnaires v.4 #19

Titanor of Titan - Titanian with the specialty of mind control)
First appeared in U247: Legion v.4 #65

Non Registered Sentience.
Jacques Foccart of Earth -uncontrollable invisibility
First appeared in U247: Legionnaires #66

Meta Ulnoor - of Titan.-Mind reading, telepathy, psi-blast.
First Appearance: Superboy #212. Joined in LSHv.3 # 1-5.

Elephant Man: Elephant sentient of unknown.-impenetrable skin and retractable tusks. No name. doesn't speak.
Alternate Version of Tusk.

Untied Planets Government Officials:
President of the United Planet’s – Jenny Chu of Earth.
First Appearance: Legionnaires #0

Coluian government officials:
Representative to the U.P. Gux.-also a servant of Neron. (family line)
Original Character

High Council Member Hohx.
Original Character

Daxam United Planets Representative:
Roxxas -former U.P. Rep. Current Government over seer of the Solaris Project.
First Appearance in U 247: Legionnaires #27

Zerrox ambassador
Lady Mysa – Mordru’s Daughter and U.P. Representative.
First Appearance in U 247: LSH Annual #6

Random other characters:
Brande Industries:
R.J. Brande – Deceased in U248
First Appearance in U 247: Legion v.4 #0

Marla Latham - head of Brande Industries
First Appearance in U 247: Legionnaires #19

Roderick Doyle - partner of R.J. Brande in Brande Industries.
First Appearance in U 247: Legion v.4 #0

Other business owners:
Leland McCauley entrepreneur -Billionaire in space travel, weapons both legal and illegal. Chemical warfare. Created Mano.
First appeared in U247: Legion v.4 #63

Time Institute:
Rond Vidar - runs the time institute
First appeared in U247: Legionnaires # 44

Mentors:
Dr. Micah Aven of Titan – Saturn Girl’s Mentor. Alpha Level telepath.
First appeared in U247: Legionnaires #26

Religious Leaders:
Scylla:
Sister Beauty Blaze – Fire avatar now combined with Inferno. Was leader of the Sisterhood of the Eternal Flame. They worship the Eternal Flame that is Phy’r the Elemental.
First Appearance: Adventure #355

On Boit
Reverend Ciotti - of the M'nhu't'r cult.

Allies on Various Worlds:
Scylla:
Commander Sily - commander of the prism brigade; a race of flying humanoids with winds that reflect sunlight.

On Daxam:
The Solaris Project:
Lare Gand - like many he believes he's a direct descendant of the infamous seeder of worlds Valor. (M'Onel's). He does share his dark hair and blue eyes. But not much else. Specialization: ice breath, super hearing.
Original Character.

Ol-Vir - the youngest member of the Solaris Project. Specialization: speed . (blonde hair brown eyes. Slender muscular frame.)
First Appearance: LSH v.2 #294
Note: re-imagined.

Jl-ia -very even tempered and the only female. Specialization: heat vision, micro-vision, x-ray vision, telescopic vision.
Original Character.

Dev-em - slightly insane and fanatical about Daxam's isolation. Roxxa's pet. Specialization:
super strength, super speed, invulnerability, a healing factor, heat vision, superhuman senses, flight, super hearing, x-ray vision, telescopic vision, micro-vision, super breath, and ice breath, and any other abilities related to their Kryptonian DNA. Trained in secret to use them all expertly.
On file: super strength.
First Appearance: Adventure Comics #287

Vulna-5
Myke Chypurz – magical weather wizard.
First Appearance: Adventure Comics #301

On Zundi:
Vuli Chief of Staff at Cidur Hospital
Original Character.

On Colu:
Virx- cybernetic being, 1000's of years old. 9th Level intelligence
One of the few Coluians with a higher than standard 8th level intelligence at level of 9. he was once one of the greatest scientific minds on Colu before the Computer Tyrants came and took over. Seemingly killing him and the entirety of southern hemisphere. But they actually were turned into Cybernetic beings. Virx is now the last after a giant war with the Computer Tyrants deeming them a failure.
Original Character

Brainiac 4 -Nyrl Dox- 4th in the Dox line to take the name Brainiac. Mother to Brainiac 5. Currently Pregnant with him. Part cybernetic being. Displaced in time. Inventor of the Nannite program. Cursed by Neron.
First Appearance: Legion v.4 #77
Note: Re-imagined.

Out in the Galaxy:
Elementals/host
A'rie: air elemental/ former host Ellury -new host Yigr
First Appearance: Legionnaires #71.
Yigr – Original Character.

Aq'a: Water elemental/ captured by Mordru -absorbed by Mordru

Rrox: Earth elemental bonded with Cadet Blok. Connected to the Green.
-The green: The Green is an elemental force which connects all forms of plant life on earth, experienced by elementals as an ethereal realm inhabited by the collective minds of the Parliament of Trees.
Time and again, The Green has chosen protectors for itself to wield its power against threats to the earth or from opposing elemental forces such as The Red, The Clear, The Grey, and The Rot.
Pasted from <http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/The_Green>

Elemental Parents are the Celestials.:
They hide. Once they lived on a planet and did their best to stay out of the affairs of the universe but then as with any world holding great power it got corrupted. Originally there were 13 Celestials. But one…one Celestial left because he desired chaos in the universe and became who you know as Entropy.”
1. Gaia - Mother, Earthly
2. Entropy - Celestial of Chaos
Re-imagined Universal concepts.

Garon: Mutants on Garon
Union- telepathic communication and able to create a hive mind.
Original Character

Veilmist- mist that teleports self and others. Max range undefined
First Appearance: First appeared and joined in Legion of Super-Heroes vol. 4, #44
Note: She is re-imagined.

Probe- Telepathic, mental control over others.
Original Character

Jalnairy's Moon:
Jinx: Former mystical slave of Mordru's from the 20th century. Recently escaped and with the help of the Beta Cadets and the sword of Knight defeated the Blight and trapped them on Jalnairy. Magical command of various natural elements, Manipulation and control of magical/mystical energy in diverse ways, Probability manipulation. Must be in Contact with the ground to use elemental powers.
First Appearance: Tales of the Teen Titans #56

Spirit of Jim Rook - inhabitant of the Knight Sword and last wielder of the Sword of Knight before his death and banished the sword to the Shadow Realm.
First Appearance: Showcase #82 (May 1969)

Captured:
Domain- unknown. -control of infinite space a dimension of his making.
First Appearances: Legionnaires #70

Dragonmage of Earth, New Shanghai Colony, slave of Mordru - spell casting for various effects. Manifesting through various forms of dragons.
First Appearance In U 247: Legionnaires # 43.

Villains:

Grimbor - master craftsman able to create confining devices that didn't fail. The kidnapper of Timer Wolf and Shikari.
First Appearance in U 247 : LSH Secret Files #1

Mordru -Evil wizard thousands of years old and Ruler of an entire star system. On the verge of trying to take over the United Planets. His throne world is Zeroxx, Sorcerers world.
First Appearance in U 247: Legionnaires #45

Mordru’s Inner council:

Emerald Eye: The Emerald Eye is in his service but Mordru is not the Eye's current host. The Eye is biding its time till it can take Mordru down
First Appearance in U 247: Legion v.4 #83

Evisceratronic. -Joe a former police officer. Controlled by a life gem belonging to Mordru that allows him to blast from his chest a deadly energy blast capable of sapping life energy; which he then uses to revive his own life force. Double crossing Mordru, Joe is on the run and wanting revenge on a those who forced him to make a deal with the devil for his life. Mordru is chasing him for the gem, if he can't fulfill the barging he can't have the stone. Dies after Mordru takes back his stones.
First Appearance: Legionnaires #47

Tools of Mordru:

Blight :They are techno-organic beings from the 30th Century whose bodies are composed of rotting flesh and technology. They searched galaxies in quest of immortality. Along the way they met a powerful race, known as the Doda, with the ability to teleport across galaxies. Captured by Mordru and forced into his service they entwined worlds at his bequest to take them over and their power. Allowing the blight to feed on the worlds but give Mordru all magical energy
First Appearance: LSH Secret Files #2

Black Diamond aka the Eclipso stone. Once relegated to the Fire Realm but now free and posses Inferno.
First Appearance: House of Secrets #61 (August 1963)

Magical Servants of Mordru

Ka-zam - the first genie
Original Character

Nyola- Aztec priestess able to control the weather and fire lightning bolts.
First Appearance: All Star Comics # 2

Pampero- of SuperMalon of Argentina can control wind currents
First Appearance: The Flash Annual # 13

Aquagirl IV- Lorena Marquez - breath under water, super strength, durability in high deep high pressure oceans. Hand to hand combat skills.
First Appearance: Aquaman #16 - American Tidal, Part 2: Down Among the Dead

Other villains.

Black Mace: Mick Yardreigh : A highly trained and super strong mercenary. Mace weapon: super charged with lighting blast, energy pulses, mind link control, thrusters. GPS. Hired by The Dark Man to steal all information on Anndranna.
First Appearance: Adventure Comics #374 - Mission: Diabolical

Ron-Karr- Thief after the "heart of Neptune" and stopped by the Beta Cadets.
Has the ability to make his body extremely flat. He still maintains the ability to move and breathe while in this form.
First Appearance: Adventure Comics #314

Neron- Lord of Lies. Mystical power and able to alter his size and shape. Working his way back up to a prince of hell Neron has come to the 31st century to collect on some old debts. Initially receiving souls from and turning Brainiac 4's soul evil he was stopped when she accidently transported herself to the future and so for 16 years he didn't have any souls or hers. When Brainy came to Colu, Rep Gux and Neron began the process of starting the curse all over to take Brainy's soul as he's the next descendant of Brainiac II.
First Appearance: Underworld Unleashed #1

Silver Slasher: Real name Ki-Lan, a female with a metallically enhanced body and razor sharp fingers. She was also able to spin her body at increased speeds and her metallic body gave her strength and hardness to cut through most substances.
First Appearance: Superboy #253

Seed Man: real identity unknown. Able to control plant growth and is Silver Slasher’s partner in crime.
Original Character.

Magnostar- a mercenary for higher. Has the ability to manipulate gravity around a person. Has gauntlets that amplifies his power. Higherred to steal a bone disease cure. Able to shift gravity from a young age, he was always an outsider who eventually found his way to the ranks of the Shadow League, who trained him to be the mercenary his is.
Original Character.

Takron-Galtos imprisoned
Sun Emperor-An incarcerated criminal involved in a genetic experiment, Nigal Douglous gained the power to manipulate solar energy (absorb, store, and release large amounts of “solar flame”, while being immune to heat and flame himself . He can release an omni-directional burst of exploding flame around himself, a power he has used to reduce an entire village.)
First Appearance: Superboy #208

Minor Villain
Vulna-5
Artumes- once wielded the Philosophers Stone. Turned to crystal emerald stone by Ka-Zam's rebound magic. Petrified but alive.
Original Character.

Last edited by Omni; 05/12/17 07:56 AM.

Re: Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248: The Ultimate Score Card
Omni #928496 05/12/17 01:26 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Online Content
Unseen, not unheard
My Top 7, though I admit I'm biased from other depictions too:

Gates (useful power AND awesome personality)
Brek (I love his power and his personality is very eager)
Berta (she is so very determined and gives a nice long-range power too)
Bobb (has experience with Mordru; with no Element Lad, he makes a nice substitute)
Jenni (of course! excellent power and personality)
Ming (she is extremely motivated and has a power that can boost her teammates)
Candi (to add more muscle to the team)

Stheno is also amazing, and has an interesting power. I considered her as well - and I'm sure you can find a creative use for her power even if it does not affect Mordru!

Last edited by Invisible Brainiac; 05/13/17 11:42 AM.
Omni #928561 05/13/17 07:04 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
For me, I'd love to see more of:

Lazon and Shady as they are fun together

Tharok

Kent Shakespeare

Cadet Bogdan Tarka

Cadet Sethno

and as you said shazlon doesn't make it then Cadet Lour.

Thanks for doing this Omni, hope our choices aren't inconvenient for your long term plans.

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
Omni #928593 05/14/17 06:27 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
Thanks for the scorecard Omni! I have got some definite ideas who I wanna see more of, I will try and find some time tomorrow to write up some notes laugh

Omni #928680 05/14/17 04:55 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Thanks everyone glad the score care is working out. notice there are cadets on there that you all haven't met in story yet. But you will soon.

IB I like all your choices and i love your B squad. (Berta, Berk, and Bobb.) I might have to craft a mission with the three of them just for fun.
Gates, Jenni, and Candi are natural fits with the team and have a strong place in my heart so i think they are pretty strong of making it.
Ming is also a good choice.

Harbinger,
Remember Umbra is an automatic. so No worries there. But Lazon is one i have fun with.
Also Kent is a beta so he won't be making it just yet. So do you have another you'd like to see?
Tharok and Tarka are strong contenders as well. They both have some big stories coming i will say that much.
Cadet Lour has really sparked your curiosity hasn't she?
Shazlon could. If people honestly want to see more of her. I like the idea of a reader voted character is fun for me and actually allows me to have to think outside the box and create new stories for those i probably wouldn't. So who knows if there's enough of a demand for one or maybe even two characters I'm down for it.
One of the things i've found i'm good at is adjusting my stories if a wrench is thrown in.

Harbinger and IB
I'm glad Sethno is a hit. she's been super fun to write. I've got a lot of ideas with her involved. So i think she's a strong choice as well.

Raz i can't wait to see who you choose.

Stay tuned everyone.

Omni #928713 05/15/17 06:53 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
As threatened, here are my picks! laugh

Cadet Gates & Cadet Candi Pyponte-Le Parc III: I have love for Gates and Monstress and think they bring a lot to character dynamics in any group
Cadet April Dumaka: I have a soft spot for cat ladies (Tigra is one of my favourite Avengers too) and I want to see more of how your April differs from the comics' April who was a mutated human
Cadet Lonny Evening: she has a pretty unique power set and I like what I have seen of her so far
Cadet Tharok: waiting for his inevitable heel turn is highly enjoyable, and at the same time I feel like using him as one of the good guys is giving him a lot more opportunity for character exploration than he'd get if he was a villain straight away
Cadet Shazlon: I like what I have seen of her so far and I am really fascinated by her race and all her extra senses
Cadet Theena: the power you've given her is classic Legion material where she's definitely useful in specific circumstances but not in any typical combat-related way, I think she'd be a good underdog smile

I am also gonna throw in a special honorary mention for Waiane as I have to admit I'm super curious (and it's an ego boost!) to see where someone else would take a character concept I created!

Omni #928856 05/16/17 10:52 AM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Lol Thanks Raz i always enjoy when someone follows threw on their threats. tongue

Gates really is the most popular Legionnaire to come out of the Reboot huh? I will put all of your fears at ease Gates will be making the squad

Cadet Dumaka huh?...hmmm maybe i need to visit Fuzzball in story soon.

Cadet Tharok is another that will be making it as he's also pretty popular it seems. smile

Alright i've clearly gotta give Shazlon so more thought before i rule her out.

I like all of your choices and reasons for them!

Raz the character was simply too good to not be in more than one universe. I hope you like what i've got coming up for him.

We've still got a little bit of a ways to go before the squad is chosen but once it is. The things that are going to be coming for the special unit aren't going to be easy as Mordru isn't the only problem they are gonna face.

Stay tuned!

Last edited by Omni; 06/01/17 07:36 AM.

Omni #929007 05/17/17 12:38 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Is Sethno supposed to be spelled Stheno, or was that a deliberate spelling choice?

I haven't read your story yet, but the powers you've chosen for cadets like Lonny Evening (Inkblot? Inkantation?), Ming Sul (Amp Girl), Ce-Ce Beeek (Ha, Thunder with sonic powers!), Ollow Dulga (like the idea of jewels, perhaps she can learn to use them offensively as well, sending them to smack people like small tough battering rams?), Wel4d (ooh, Alchemist / Solid State transmuter! Being able to change liquids to gas or vice-versa would seem a logical outgrowth of this power.), Lizz Sunrizze (homing / manipulable fire attacks? cool!), etc. seem pretty original.

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
Page 20 of 37 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 36 37

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,019
Posts1,044,905
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
avengers, wonderpoop
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star