Roll Call
0 members (), 12 Murran Spies, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by thoth lad - 03/28/24 06:49 PM
Kill This Thread XLIX - We're Getting Old
by Ann Hebistand - 03/28/24 05:28 PM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Ann Hebistand - 03/28/24 05:24 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by idle - 03/28/24 04:29 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by Gaseous Lad - 03/28/24 01:12 PM
Who's Who in Raz's Legion? *added ALEK ARCANE 4 February*
by Invisible Brainiac - 03/28/24 11:42 AM
Postlo3w stories *LATEST UPDATE 28 MARCH*
by Invisible Brainiac - 03/28/24 11:35 AM
Share more completely random things!
by Invisible Brainiac - 03/28/24 06:23 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12
Re: Legion Worlds Four (updated 12 March)
Harbinger #927536 05/05/17 11:28 AM
Deputy
Deputy
really good job Harbinger!
I really liked seeing Kiringyage and all of these world tours and am sad to see it them end so soon.

Sun Boy is such a flirt and i liked how Gahaji commented on it and he just smiled. good character bits.

honestly good character beats all around. Lexikon is still one of my faves and want to know more about her. i like the duality of her and how she is a warrior princess.

Gahaji and Cassandra's situation is really interesting and explains so much. i was half hoping she and his grandfather would be moving with Gahaji. but wishful thinking. Also really nice and tender moment with Gahaji and his grandfather. it was a nice touch and not over done.

I'm looking forward to the end of LW4 and then the start of LW5! can't wait for more!

read the adventures of the Reboot Legion!

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001232
Harbinger #927539 05/05/17 11:40 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Omni, hi,

Thanks for your kind feedback.

Dirk is the eternal flirt smile

Glad you like the resolution of the Gahaji story, it wasn't easy to write, took 6 or 7 rewrites before I was happy with it.

Lexikon will feature again soon, she's too much fun to ignore for long smile

I was planning on getting on with writing a full review of your fic this evening but sadly I've run out of time as we are away out soon. I'll get onto it over the next couple of days though for you.

Thanks again,

C

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
Harbinger #927697 05/06/17 03:57 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Hi Harbi,

Wow, this Kiringyaga segment was EXCELLENT! I love how you wove in threads from the modern day - some cultures still place such restrictions on women's rights, on having certain citizens be pretty much "owned" by government (athletes trained from a young age for example), and of course more benign things like wearing certain accessories. You wrote it extremely believably. It's a beautiful world, but as Gahaki said it ain't so pretty up close.

I was surprised at how flippantly Dirk addressed the bribing official. Especially as we all know how much stock he puts in diplomacy. But perhaps Dirk knew that it was an attempt to bribe? A culture that places so much stock in tradition (and law!) would certainly have briefed the official better.

Cassandra is formidable in her own right! Even though she is at a disadvantage there, being a woman, she stood her ground.

An elegant solution indeed, Gahaji and Cassandra's marriage. If this were known to the whole team, I doubt any of them would blame Gahaji (though Zoe at least would still be a little hurt, after all Gahaji COULD have told her and explained everything, but she would probably have understood!)

A little surprised too at Cham changing into a bird in full view of the crowd, but then he was only gone a short time, which minimized the risk. And it WAS an emergency.

Lexikon was a treat! Warrior princess and ultimate diplomat! She has my respect.

I wonder why Atom Girl was uncomfortable at being given a flower? Nice move by Retro, though.

And the solution to heal Gahaji's grandfather was very well-done, such a clever solution around the restrictions of the law!

As ever, this has been an inspiring read. More, more, more!

Harbinger #927704 05/06/17 04:32 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
I hope we get to see Kirinyaga again for a longer visit because I love the thought you put into their culture and I would love to see how that culture challenges the Legion. Cassandra is a great character and I agree with IB that the healing vest was an awesome way to circumvent the technology restrictions. Also, Dirk was very likeable over these past few posts...I guess performing for an admiring audience really plays to Sun Boy's strengths wink

Re: Legion Worlds Four (updated 7 May)
Harbinger #927854 05/07/17 08:18 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Legion World Two, Medi-bay One

Hadru Jamik tapped his fingers on the glass of the stasis tube.

It had been almost a day since they had returned from Venus and Harmonia was still not ready to be revived. Her physical health was not longer at critical risk, but the toxin Loutrahim had infected her with kept reappearing... It was an absolute nightmare!

Brainiac 5 postulated that it had an inbuilt defence whereby if it felt itself being neutralised it copied the protein markers of its hosts own body enzymes so could effectively become invisible, laying dormant until it could once again attack the host. It was one of the most clever examples of adaptive biochemistry that Hadru had ever heard of. It made the majority of Lyle Norgs discoveries look positively childlike. If only Loutrahim had the same opportunities when he was growing up as the original Invisible Kid, Hadru thought, the young Venusian biochemist could have created miracles. The kid was a super-genius, perhaps even more so than his delinquent father.

Professor Dox had given the young Chemical Kid a list of chemical reactions to manipulate over the last twelve hours as the toxin reactions appeared to lessen. The trajectory of Harmonia's recovery hadn't been quite as smooth as Querl Dox had predicted but Hadru was happy that she at least was no longer on the critical list. She could breathe unaided and appeared to have entered an REM state of sleep. Dr Shakespeare had popped in several times earlier but left three hours before. Hadru had no idea when the teams physician was planning to return.

"C'mon Hadru, you're allowed to rest, I'll monitor Harmonia and give you a call of the readings change." Dann Hortra, the Naltorian Legionnaire called Thirteen, was standing at the entrance to the medi bay. "The Comets and several others have said they'll take over in if I feel tired. This isn't all on you, y'know."

"Yeah, thanks bud. If Brainy's right there'll be nothing to do for the next two or three hours... Guess I can take a rest. Thank you Dann, I need forty winks... Maybe a few more too as there's only so long I can prop up my own metabolism...." Hadru smiled weakly as he walked through to the neighbouring medi suite, irising the door fully closed after him. The bay he'd entered had a bed and he planned on hitting it heavily.

Thirteen sat on a stool by a desk and looked around the medi bay. It seemed incredibly quiet after all the mayhem of the day before. Other than the lights of the readouts at the front of the two stasis tubes there was nothing moving.

Professor Aven had briefly examined the young biochemist after his visit with Nasir N'Cube, but as the Titanian medipath had another appointment working with the 'paths of the Science Police Rehabilitation Board he couldn't remain for long. Aven had suggested Loutrahim Mango be kept in stasis for seventy two hours which would be long enough for the recent telepathic attack to have worn off, he estimated. He would return then to re-examine Loutrahim.

Dann Hortra had quite liked Loutrahim... Well, it was closer to the truth to say he hadn't disliked him, and the biochemist was really smart so the Naltorian Legionnaire respected him in his field. Other than Grava, Zoe and... Well that was it really, Comet Queen and Kinetix had spent some quality time with Loutrahim, the rest of them had seen him as the socially awkward science geek the Venusian bullies had treated him as while h was growing up in that slum... the Legionnaires had invited him a few times for meals and the like but even then they rarely allowed him to speak up, not really.

It was only now, seeing the skinny young man in a stasis tube, that Dann knew the team needed to integrate better, not just follow the big guns personalities like Element Lad or Mon El. He had seen this sort of set up on Naltorian; the High Seer and his few favourites ran the roost without any conversations with those they saw as lesser in the pecking order. As a Unique under the High Seers personal tutelage, and also as he was still technically a child while he had been there, Dann had benefited from some status amongst the Court and was left pretty much alone by the brutal politics. Still, he had seen enough good people diminished and cut down to know he couldn't turn a blind eye now that he could do something about it.

It was one of the reasons Dann had wanted to leave Naltor. That sort of hierarchy set up only led to corruption and nepotism... The Legion had to be better than that; the team had to be transparent and decent in its dealings and if they couldn't be more inclusive to their own then they didn't stand a chance of being the role models their publicity tried to portray them as.

Now, thought Thirteen, how do I get the Senior Team to listen?

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
Harbinger #927855 05/07/17 08:20 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Legion World One, central gymnasium.

Tinya was running laps.

She had never really spent that much time exercising in the past but since the murder of Jo Nah she had found a surprising amount of comfort in the feeling of physical exhaustion so now when the opportunity arose she took it.

She heard the thump of steps behind her as someone joined her on the mezzanine track.

"Do you mind if I run alongside you Tinya?" Nasir N'Cube's rich voice said over her shoulder.

For a split second Tinya fought the urge to phase through the floor: This was her time, she didn't really want to share it...

"Please do, so how you keeping there?" She turned her head to face him as he caught up with her and smiled warmly. Despite her automatic reaction Tinya Wazzo had a soft spot for the tall telepath; he had a self discipline, humility and work ethic that she felt several of the new members would do better to emulate.

"I'm very well, thank you." He nodded to her and slowed his pace to match hers.

"Is everything okay Nasir? You can race on ahead if you like, I know this is slower than you usually run." Tinya smiled again; he had quite a reputation as a fitness fanatic even amongst the usually physically motivated Legionnaires.

"It's good to keep company sometimes... "

They had ran together for almost ten more minutes with both enjoying the silent companionship as they exercised before Tinya felt the urge to speak again.

"Hope you don't think I'm not out of order for saying this but I heard you and Doug had a bit of a falling out..."

"Oh? I'm surprised that got out..."

"Gazelle." Tinya admitted drolly.

"Ha, yes... Khund's love their gossip, don't they? We're fine. I... I was upset and he tried to help. I didn't appreciate it at the time and didn't react too well. I've had a change of mind and apologised so things are good there, thanks."

"You know if you ever need a friend there are plenty of folk here who would gladly help out. You're highly thought of Nasir, we all really like.. and respect, you. Losing the Shazam gift like you did, well, must have been difficult."

"Yes... it was a shock... I was... it must be what drug addicts feel when they're forced to go cold turkey. I'd never really appreciated how difficult that could be. This gym helps though... and knowing there are friends around... I'm okay though, really. I've got myself back on active duty, no time to be maudlin when there's a galaxy to save, eh? Onwards and upwards." The tall telepath smiled broadly as he finished speaking and Tinya smiled along with him.

"You'll be fine Nasir. You have a good attitude ...and we always help our friends. Anyway, I'm getting a bit sweaty now so think it's time I hit the sonics. Good running with you, hopefully see you on a mission soon."

Phantom Girl slowed down, patting Titan's arm as he passed. He waved once as he tore away, increasing his stride and speed with graceful ease. As she stopped the Bgztler bent over, placing her hands onto her knees and breathed heavily.

Lu was right, Tinya thought, she had been running as fast as she comfortably could and he hadn't even broken sweat - the man was an exercise machine!

Harbinger #927856 05/07/17 08:21 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Legion World Two, office of Doctor Noah Kabbo.

Jacques Foccart had tears in his eyes which he quickly wiped away.

The curry had been far hotter than he was used to and right now his mouth felt as if it were on fire!

"Thiz iz not standard counselling technique... Non?"

"Yup, it is, sorry to disappoint you there Jacques. This is standard Bismollian counselling technique. Though usually they​ use rusting nails and sprockets spiced with plutonium flakes... thought you'd prefer lamb and organic spices and herbs." Dr Noah Kabbo smiled as he took another mouthful of rice with his homemade curry sauce.

His mother, a highly renowned Titanian medipath, had always said that if you distract people enough you could get to their truth quicker as their conscious mind would be too focussed on the distraction instead of constructing what they wanted you to hear.

"So, tell me what happened with Danielle?"

Jacques took a mouthful of iced water. Noah smiled, knowing full well that water would only strip away whatever currently coated the tongue leaving it unprotected for the next mouthful of hot sauce. He had intentionally put the jug of inviting water with slices of lemon floating amongst the ice before Jacques for this reason.

"Oh... I am not used to zis heat.. Sorry. Mon ami... Danielle, she iz... Contemplating our relationship, she said she would need time to consider if I... " Invisible Kid waved his hand in front of his mouth. "She 'as agreed to meet before ze full assembly next week." he took another mouthful of the iced water.

"And how do you feel about that Jacques?"

"I... It iz upsetting zat she... That I messed up. I know I am protective, but I forget she's no longer ze l'il girl zat first came to Querl's laboratory for 'elp. Ooh!" He waved his hand again, obviously in some discomfort as sweat developed along his hairline.

"Yeah, I understand that Jacques. I have a younger sister who's recently been talking about getting engaged and that's a worry as I still see her in pigtails." The two men shared an understanding smile. "...So how do you plan to approach your conversation next week?"

"Apologise, of course. Mon ami... Ah, zis is like eating lava!" Jacques took a huge glug of iced water and began to cough.

"Okay, okay, sorry Jacques... I have some lassi... Mango, if you prefer? It may help cool you down."

the Legionnaire nodded and tried to surreptitiously spit the last mouthful of spicy curry out into a napkin in his hand.

Noah Kabbo got up from the table a strolled over to the mini-fridge. He hadn't been entirely convinced by Jacques so wanted to drag this conversation out. Invisible Kid was hiding something and it didn't take a psychic to see it. Dr Kabbo intended to make Jacques admit it out loud as he may not realise it himself.

As he poured the thick fruit juice into a tall glass Noah continued to ask questions, "So... Legion World Two, it's pretty impressive eh? You must be looking forward to getting out there?"

"It iz the natural extension of our role, non?"

"Which... didn't really answer my question. Are you okay about this move? I mean whether or not Danielle joins us, are you okay with the team moving out of the Sol system Jacques?"

"Ah... you are astute Dr Kabbo." Jacques lowered his eyes as he spoke.

the Legion's counsellor smiled as he placed the chilled fruit drink on the table before the Legionnaire. At last Invisible Kid was admitting the root of the problem with his sisters volunteering to join the team on Legion World Two when it left the Sol system.

Jacques Foccart himself didn't want to leave Sol.

Harbinger #927857 05/07/17 08:22 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Mission: Investigation of reported armed incursion on Winath

Duplicate Girl - Deputy Leader, Luornu Durgo of Carggg, creation of multiple identical duplicates of herself
Dragonwing - Marya Pai of Earth, breathes Dragon-fire and acid
XS - Jenni Ognats of an alternate dimension Aarok, phenomenal speed
Kid Quantum - Jazmin Cullen of Xanthu, creation of temporal quantum bubbles, flight
Babbage- I-45ENG/Nth Series, of the Robotica Confederated Worlds, strength and durability, internalised weapons, hyper awareness and analytical skills.
Cosmic Kid - Po Miman, Justice Legionnaire of alternate dimension Mars, energy manipulation and flight

Duplicate Girl led the team with military precision.

The armed gang had burst in during a Winathian Restday preview of some up and comer's breakthrough sculpture exhibition. Lu had been passing by the monitor board when the call came in and as soon as she saw it she seized the opportunity. One quick call to selected new team members followed by a warp from Henry and here they were...

Three of the Cargggite's selves alongside Dragonwing, Cosmic Kid and Babbage were herding the thieves towards the back corridor of the gallery. Lu had given very strict orders that the art work on display wasn't to be touched - the Winathian Planetary Culture Exhibition Centre was relatively new to the Galactic Fine Art circuit but there were already several very expensive pieces on display and the Legion's deputy leader wanted this mission to be a good news story!

Cosmic Kid spent the majority of the mission floating alongside the team as he used his energy manipulating abilities to divert laser fire and green flames from getting anywhere near the precious art work on display. He kept nonchalantly commenting on each piece he saved; "Too dark, I'd never have that in my apartment, would you?... oh that's pretty, they've captured the sunset beautifully... Why are they all hung in pairs?... lovely colours, but what is it?" Lu monitored the teams interdimensional guest's chatter on a flight ring display. Part of the reason she'd wanted him on this mission was to check out first hand whether he could be relied upon. And, she admitted to herself that other than his distracting chatter Po was working well, his energy manipulating abilities were very well honed. He was obviously a very accomplished member of his home realities team so Lu only concern was if he would shut up when on a more serious mission.

Dragonwing took particular pleasure in sparring with two of the gang before dramatically punching them both against a wall. While the crooks groaned as they caught their breathes she dashed in and snapped incapacity cuffs on their wrists. Small curls of flame leaked from the edges of her mouth as she smiled.

Babbage's scanners had found one of the gang hidden in a closet. The Robotican Legionnaire towered over the cowering criminal and held out a set of incapacity cuffs. The thief took them and put them on himself. The Robotican's face shifted slightly as if smiling as he turned to the Duplicate Girl that had followed him. She patted him on the arm in acknowledgement before saying they still had a few left to catch.

At the far end of the corridor where the only exit out would be found one more of the Duplicate Girls waited with Kid Quantum. The team's scans of the building after they warped in had shown nine thieves. Four were unconscious already with a fifth now incapacitated in a closet. Four of them were left and, apart from one, they now ran towards the trap the team had set.

"Guys, give it up already. You know we have you. Don't make us hurt you." Duplicate girl stood with her hands casually placed on her hips at the far end of the dark corridor, beside her Kid Quantum leant nonchalantly against a wall. The two Legionnaires were blocking the only route of escape left. Two of the thieves reached for their blasters, but Kid Quantum waved her fingers and a stasis bubble surrounded the thieves immediately freezing them in place. She strolled into her quantum field and slapped incapacity cuffs on each of them before dropping the stasis bubble.

"One left Lu... shall we go get him?"

The Cargggite Legionnaire smiled as she watched the feed on her flight ring generated holo screen. "C'mere and watch this Jazmin, I don't think this'll take too much longer now."

XS was controlling the distraught crowd in the large central atrium with another couple of Lu's selves. Jenni's speed and enthusiasm were sufficient for the task though Lu could see that the speedstar fretted. It would have been easy enough to let Jenni catch all of the thieves on her own, but Lu wanted to check how the newly returned Legionnaire coped being away from her new fiance. XS had done her job well but there were maybe some separation issues Lu knew she would need to deal with.

A masked figure rushed up to the ornamental balustrade that ran around the mezzanine overlooking the central atrium. Before he could say anything XS had raced up the stairs and slapped incapacity cuffs upon him before he had even realised she was there.

As Lu and Jazmin watched through the flight ring holo-display the crowd started to cheer. Duplicate Girl thought to herself that this was exactly the sort of mission the junior members needed after the recent shitstorm on Venus. Lu smiled as she led Jazmin Cullen to the front of the building where the crowds would give her the heroes welcome that they all deserved.

Let's see Hot Zone broadcast this story!

Harbinger #927858 05/07/17 08:27 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Mon El and Dawnstar hung in space, three light seconds Galactic West of Legion World.

<Jan will be upset if you do not inform him of your plan before we leave> the winged Legionnaire sent across the artificial telepathic comms system.

<I will tell him... Just not before we get there. The others will be here soon Dawny, let's get ready, we have a war to stop.>

<Lar, I understand how disappointed you feel after Kardavatia... yet you know that this is not the correct path to follow. In light of the recent media attempt to discredit us is it correct to act without a clear plan and UP support?>

<I understand your feelings Dawny and respect you for telling me. But my worry is that by the time the senior staff have our get-together tomorrow to decide we need to act how many innocents will be dead? Anyway... Here they come, if you want to join us Dawny you're more than welcome, I'd be very grateful if you did but I'm going whether or not you or the others do. I'm not going to stay idle while innocents are being butchered and can do something to stop it>

As Thunder and the Green Lantern approached, Mon El explained why he had called them here. The Science Police had just told the Legion about a planetary incursion on the edge of UP space happening at that very moment, so the Daxamite Legionnaire had used his position in the senior team to chose them as a strike force to actively enter the battle zone to stop loss of life and any fighting. The Green Lantern appeared keen though Thunder remained silent. Mon El knew she was incredibly intelligent so had probably already figured out that this was not an officially sanctioned mission, but as he led the team out of the solar system he was happy to see she followed closely behind.

Encyclopaedia Galactica - System Alpha Gendarosso-Malkoviz is just under four light years galactic north of the United Planets official boarder and fifteen light years from the nearest inhabited planet placing it at the very edge of the Milky Ways northern arm. The natives are called the Drummi and are a peace loving race that somewhat resemble tall ferrets. The Drummi live in pyramidal cities along their nine continents shorelines. They have developed limited space travel capacity though have so far declined any offers from their galactic neighbours towards integration. Contact has been made with both the Khunds and United Planets but to date the nine governing bodies of the Drummi have not chosen to be part of either galactic empire. The Nine Governments gave permission for a UP astronomy satellite to be place on the edge of their system's thin Oort cloud to monitor distant galaxies as long as the data was shared with both themselves and the Khund Empire. On the whole, natives of this world rarely travel outside of their own star system with only three known instances.

In total, Mon El's strike force were in the Alpha Gendarosso-Malkoviz system for five hours.

In that time Mon El and the Green Lantern crippled the three attacking large pirates crafts, removing all their weapons and damaging their warp generators so they wouldn't be able to flee.

Dawnstar and Thunder destroyed the attacking swarm of planet hoppers in the atmosphere that the pirates had used to attack the principal cities. They then went onto rebuilt damaged infrastructure and reassured the weasel-like natives that the Legion was there to protect them if they needed it.

The pirates were a mixed bag of reprobates from a variety of world-stock - Human and Khund for the most part, though the captain was an elderly Coluan with cybernetic implants. As this attack was outside of either of the galactic empire's jurisdictions ultimately there was nothing more the Legionnaires could do after they had herded the damaged pirate vessels to a moon that orbited around the system's sole gas giant.

Mon El made sure the captain broadcast his surrender so that all of the crew could hear. Thunder attached a data vampire to the control craft's AI system and quickly scanned through the read outs - it appeared from her initial scan that these pirates were opportunistic raiders rather than part of a larger set-up. With a final warning from Mon El that the Legion would be watching them in future and if they committed any further offences they would be dealt with in a harsh manner the team left.

At the edge of the system's Oort cloud Dkyun Mu felt over-joyed that they had completed this mission without any further problems arising and she discussed with Lar the possibility of the strike team mission being a regular event. The Daxamite smiled wearily.

<I certainly hope so. We'll need to wait to see what Jan and the others says about it first>

None of the Legionnaires had noticed the thin figure in black that watched them on the pirates control craft. He had appeared to cower on the command deck while they had taken control of the craft and offered no resistance so the Legionnaires had ignored him. He knew he should report this to his master. The Shadowmancer was still furious at the Legion for his defeat several months earlier and if the heroes from Sol were to come this far out of the UP to protect a virtually worthless world then the dark mage would want to know... His plan would need to changed if the damned Legion weren't to interfere again. As they flew off he seemed to disperse into a misty blobs of smoke before vanishing entirely.

Harbinger #927859 05/07/17 08:28 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Kara had managed to drag Querl out of his laboratory to the refectory.

While she had shared her day off with him the Coluan genius had clearly not given her his full attention; just enough to carry the conversation but not quite enough to be fully engaged. Kara was getting increasingly frustrated by it but as there were several Academy students not far away she didn't want to create a scene. Eventually his monosyllabic responses got to her though and she hissed, "What is going on Querl? You're acting like you dont to be with me. Care tell me what the problem is, or if not that at least if you'll sort it out soon?"

"Kara," he began, "...you're right, I'm sorry." he gave a weak smile before nodding towards the door, intimating they should leave. "Let me show you my new chrono-viewer that may have picked up some television from your century..." he said just loud enough for the students at a nearby table to hear.

"Have you got any episodes of Friends yet?" she said, immediately understanding the ruse, "That show was so funny..."

While they walked back to the laboratory Querl kept up the facade and it wasn't until the door had closed behind them, had checked that Hethuk wasn't also in there and activated a security screen that he finally opened up to his Kryptonian partner.

"I've Just shared this information with the Senior Team and, as will become apparent, it is not for sharing. I have been running scenarios based on the information Tyroc and his team returned with from Forevervale and they don't look good. On top of that I have the information from Lexikon's Sphere..."

Kara frowned at this so Querl explained "The Sphere's were built by the Psions of Nu-Vega to patrol their Oort cloud; they are incredibly sophisticated information gatherers with stealth capabilities and made to be virtually indestructible. Why do you think none of the galactic Empires ever approached the Vegans territory? The Sphere's have defended their system for over four centuries. Lexikon allowed us to borrow hers and Henry sent it to the outskirts of the Forevervale system.

"What have you discovered Querl?"

"Lexikon has allowed me to share the Sphere's findings as it broadcast them, thankfully along the Psion's Wruttahess-wave carrier beams, something not generally known within the United Planets. Sadly we couldn't allow it to enter the Forevervale planetary atmosphere but it did locate four military bases in the Oort cloud, a further military fuelling station in orbit around that systems sole Jovian class planet, and a build up of activity around the planet that could only be described as 'frantic'... It is concerning. The Sphere's covert recognisance has shown that there is a concerning level of security personnel and technology from various private contractors arriving on that world, the major one being our old friends at MacCauley Enterprises."

"What are you saying...?"

"To put this all in context, we also have to contend with reports of meta criminals across the United Planets vanishing. Not enough for anyone to get suspicious... not with a regularity that suggests an obviously discernible pattern. A couple of rogue telepaths can no longer be found after Titan Fall, a mutant from Skaris, perhaps the most recognisable name on the list is Ol Vir who has recently disappeared... The list goes on. The DNA scans that Flash picked up from her flight ring scan on Forevervale belonged to Huttau Bandafsz Vagna. She was a criminal telekinetic from Ventura who was sentenced to four years incarceration... Two years ago. Her records have been wiped and it was only because I keep separate files that this was verifiable. There no longer are any records of her after her fourteenth birthday, yet somehow she ended up on an industrial estate on a distant planet being chased by synthetics who then denied all knowledge of the incident. Our appearance on that world will only have accelerated the plans of whomever is behind the militaristic build up."

Harbinger #927860 05/07/17 08:30 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Kara Jor-El's face looked seriously as she asked her next question to her Coluan partner.

"Are you sure? what does that mean for us... The Legion?" the time spun Kryptonian had a hand up to her mouth as she quietly asker her question.

"We need to consider the recent Hotzone news regarding Harmonia's... condition."

"Will she get through it Querl? I know you were close..." Kara asked quietly.

"She is a tenth level intellect with a particular focus on temporal physics. Her loss would be a deficit to the Galaxy Kara, so believe me, I'm doing everything I can to keep her with us. I believe in two days she will be fit to be released from the stasis pod she has endured since the attack. That is not the point. Our teammates were holoed on their mission to trace Mantis Morlo. We had informed no-one we were there. I'm certain we were set up with the sole aim to discredit us. Loutrahim's father being involved directly is now in doubt. The situation was created in the hope that our resident Death Boy would live up to his name on his teammates."

"We were set up? Poor Loutrahim, that was nasty. Jeez..."

"Of further concern is that while on Lallor all of Dirks team were intrusively scanned. Most worryingly is that it appears the Lallorian Heroes were complicit... if our team had not been wearing flight rings their DNA would have been copiable. I built that extra layer of protection in on a whim, and now we can all be grateful for it. A twist of fate in our favour is Dirk gave Evolvo a flight ring as part of our ongoing progam to increase communication between the various meta heroes within our galaxy. The technology inside the ring will be beyond even his intelligence to fully comprehend and so reverse engineer. He will be unaware that because of their actions we will now be monitoring the Lallorians instead."

"Why are you telling me this?" Kara was stunned. Querl looked away as he continued.

"On Nordhelm, Retro was warned by the ruler's psychic that we will be betrayed by those we trust and, as frustrating as their abilities are, I've found it folly not to trust pre-cogs when they issue direct warnings."

"What are you saying?" Kara's expression was dealy serious.

"My final worry is that I believe there is a spy amongst us."

"Rao! Who? Why would anyone betray us?" Kara stared at Querl as she asked but the Coluan didn't answer. He stared into space for several seconds before speaking.

"It is my thesis that with the Legion moving off of Earth we created a stir within various planetary governments. There are many departments within it and organisations attached to them with a vested interest in our not paying close attention to their treatment of their people or neighbours... and now we have Legion World Two that can warp space and has advanced stealth capabilities. I believe we've accelerated the opportunity for those unhappy and disparate groups to work together so they can deal with the imminent threat they believe us to be. You don't have the benefit of knowing thousands of years worth of history to see the patterns Kara, but I do and it looks very worrying. I strongly believe that there is a powerful section within the United Planets Government currently planning on destabilising, if not outright destroying the Legion."

"No...? Surely that's nor right? We could cripple their entire fleet Querl, they gotta know that... surely?"

"I don't believe so. In the last day I've ran close to a million scenarios and we absolutely lose in over three quarters of them. Unless we can greatly strengthen our position we only survive intact with a 6.45% probability. I fear this time we may not win."

Harbinger #927861 05/07/17 08:36 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
That bombshell brings us to the end of LW4, hope you've enjoyed it.

IB, Atom Girl disliked that the dignitaries wouldn't shake her hand as they did for the male members of the team, and I guess Dirk was just fed up dealing with minor bureaucrats so cut to the diplomatic status chase. Glad you like the rest of it.

Raz, there are plans for Kiringyaga but they'll be much later on as we have a few serious issues coming up soon. Well, they can't always have fun can they? smile

Thanks again to everyone who has taken the time to read this. Legion World 5 will start soon, and things will definitely get interesting for the team.

C

Harbinger #927863 05/07/17 09:19 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Originally Posted by Harbinger

IB, Atom Girl disliked that the dignitaries wouldn't shake her hand as they did for the male members of the team, and I guess Dirk was just fed up dealing with minor bureaucrats so cut to the diplomatic status chase. Glad you like the rest of it.

C

Thanks for clarifying, Harbi! I didn't dislike those bits, just wondered about them. The dignitaries not shaking Atom Girl's hand is a nice touch that solidifies the characterization of Kiringyaga. And Dirk, is just being Dirk wink

What a lovely installment, Harbi! Not that I expected any less of course.

You are really making me like Thirteen. I empathize with his concerns about the poor environment on Naltor, and respect how he wants to make everyone on the team feel valued and empowered.

Dr. Noah is such a treat, how clever of him to diagnose Jacques' other issue like that!

Tinya and Nasir had a nice scene.

The outing led by Lu was a nice done-in-one; good touch having Lu and the Legionnaires be very responsible in protecting the artwork. Lu taking advantage of the mission to test Po and Jenni, AND to improve morale, was excellent. I am also curious to see how Po would act in a more serious mission, and Jenni has always had a history of wearing her heart on her sleeve - well done using that element in your writing!

Dawnstar and Mon make a great pairing, and you have given their friendship such depth that has not been seen in decades in the canon! Plus, love how you showcase Dawny's thoughtfulness and depth - and Thunder's too. And Dkyun's eagerness at saving innocents was great. Your quarter makes a great strike force, a good alternative to the traditional Mon/Dawny/Wildfire/Jo quartet. I like Mon's proactive stance (despite the consequences - and I also look forward to when the Senior Team inevitably takes him to task for it!)

Great final post with Brainy and Kara too, and Brainy summarizing the events and explaining the implications was done well, as was Kara's initial frustration giving way to shock.

I am so excited for your next volume!

Last edited by Invisible Brainiac; 05/08/17 05:19 AM.
Harbinger #927934 05/07/17 04:46 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Harbinger these last few post have been great! i'm so happy to see so many threads coming back around. the shadowmancer is back and i think he might be at the center of that Ort cloud. But now i wonder who in the UP is out to get them. which delegates and planets want the Legions destruction.

Kara and Brainy's ruse and then secret conversation were so really good. it was a great way to give a giant summary.

I like Thirteen's proactive stance to want to get the team working together and seeing that side of Naltor was interesting. it's darker than i would have imagined and the exotics reminded me of the way the Champions of in the Hunger games have a much darker than idea life. protection comes with a price i guess.

Lu's mission was good. i like her practical nature on how to test the junior members. I definitely see and understand the differences of this Po to Pol. I'm with Lu i'm not a fan of the chatter either. XS test was well designed for her. I look forward to the talk Lu's going to give them. Could this mean more separate missions? i think so.

The strike force was well done. I like when M'on take the lead in battle. But if they are a rapid response strike force i could foresee that causing some more diplomatic issues.
I'm hoping Querl is wrong and that they find away to bring the team through this. but who could the spy be? there are so many new faces to the team and clearly so many former allies out to get them.

The worry for Harmonia is great. as much as they may not all get along they are still a team and family to an extent.
Tinya and Titan was a nice down moment. i laughed when she called him an "exercise machine." and when they talked about the Khaduians and how they liked their gossip. i love when lines like these are thrown in. it makes all of them so real.

Also someday i would love to see a post about all the functions of your Legions flight rings. that secret tec to not allow their DNA to be stolen was ingenious.
Can't wait for LW5!

Last edited by Omni; 05/07/17 04:49 PM.

read the adventures of the Reboot Legion!

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001232
Harbinger #927944 05/08/17 04:45 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
Joining the chorus - that was really enjoyable reading! smile

Tinya's talk with Titan was nicely done, especially juxtaposed with Thirteen's concerns about the Legion being too cliquey/elitist. That is a legitimate complaint I think, and I'm curious to see how he intends to address it.

I like alt-Cosmic Boy's incessantly perky nature...Something else else tells me he'd get along great guns with Comet Queen laugh

I'm also a fan of Dawnstar being given some respect outside of being a tracking plot device or someone for Wildfire to moon over, and Brainy just casually being across everything going on because he's Brainy. Looking forward to more! smile

Harbinger #928217 05/10/17 02:01 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Omni, IB and Raz, Thank you once again for your very kind words, your support is always appreciated.

IB - I hadn't thought of Mon's strikeforce as an updated version of that classic grouping of Mon, Dawny, Wildfire and U-Boy - thank you for that image as it's a good one!

LW5 will start soon as I've written out quite a bit of it already in preperation, for instance - two adventures to senior team members homes which I hope will flesh out their characters and back stories a bit, an origin of sorts for Starkling, the beginnings of an espionage squad story that will have serious repercussions for the team, Legion World Two leaving the solar system, more clues and red herrings about the traitor, an idea of Jan's plans for the team, an introduction to quite a few of the students over on LW1 and a couple of nice down beat vignettes to hopefully keep you all satisfied.

I'm really stoked about my plans for the next couple of arcs so I hope you enjoy them too.

Thanks again guys, you are the best.

C

Harbinger #928525 05/12/17 04:37 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
So I'm binge-reading this one, because I just have so little time these days (working six days, and four of them are overtime days, so that it feels like Sunday is my only day to myself for laundry, groceries, chores, etc. and hardly counts as a 'day off!').

Overall, I'm a little bit envious of your ability to compress your writing and keep it moving. You have great discipline, in that regard, compared to my own tendency to over-explain or over-describe various minutiae in the scenes I'm writing. Your writing feels more like a comic-book, to me, with each post feeling like a 'page' turning, or perhaps a TV show with smaller scenes broken up for easier processing (and without the annoying commercial breaks!), as opposed to a novel or movie, with much longer scenes. That's a neat trick, capturing the 'comic book' pacing, and, indeed, I wish some comic books would do a better job of this...

Now for some specific reactions as I was reading, up to page 19 or so, which is as far as I've gotten on the day I took off this week to recharge my batteries;

[SPOILER warning for anyone binge-reading like I am!]

Made me look up a word, ‘tranche.’ That rarely happens to me, so good job!

Skarford VI is crazy cool and detailed. The alien races seem fun and original (or if they are pre-existing Legion-verse races, they aren’t any I recognize…).

Love Flash using super-speed to disarm so many people, so fast. Comics rarely take advantage of how amazing a Flash-level speedster can be.

Dragonmages abilities being used to manifest dragon forms for scouting, etc. is, IMO, much cooler than we’ve seen from him in the comics, where he kind of generically shot ‘magic’ zaps at people, making him not much more of a ‘mage’ than Lightning Lass or Sun Boy.

I like that the Flight Rings include an ‘artificial telepathic communication grid,’ subsuming the function of the old ‘telepathic ear plugs,’ and allowing, among other things, communication in space, etc.

Ooh, Harmonia doesn’t like Green Lanterns ‘splitting up the spectrum that was never meant to be broken.’ Interesting!

New Karate Kid is a girl! Sweet. ‘Kid’ is a gender-neutral term, so I should have anticipated that option.

Whoa, Gazelle is a Khund! I guess I should have read the dramatis personae section in the first post more thoroughly!

And an ‘eco-protect’ function that even goes so far as to make the Flight Ring-wearer immune to getting drunk. Neat. Combining some transsuit functionality into the Flight Ring also makes sense (and is one of the few things from the Threeboot that was a welcome addition).

Laurel wasn’t knocked out, just knocked around! Great so see that she’s not just ‘tough’ but lives up to the ‘invulnerability’ of her bloodline! And she’s got psychometry. Interesting. I like the detail on her outfit, nice visual information there, and organically presented, rather than ‘info-dumped’ (the way I tend to write, unfortunately). &#61514;

Invisible Jacques isn’t interested in the live sex show? Hm. He always seemed like a good choice to be asexual, if the Legion was going to have an asexual member (although I read somewhere that he was married to Infectious Lass in some continuity or another…).

Interesting inner reactions from all three of the others to the sex-show, actually. It’s interesting that they aren’t all completely correct in their assumptions about each other… I love me some unreliable narrators!

Totally awesome detail on Gear/IZOR, and the Linsnarians! What a fascinating culture/race/people, with the nano-tech angle!

Cool that Cece was one of the people who figured out that something was up, since she’s got that whole wisdom of Solomon thing going on. On team with more than one person capable of flight, super-strength and invulnerability, that’s kind of her (almost) unique thing (well, along with Titan…).

Love the various creatures that Cham turns into to destroy the meta-manufactory, especially the ‘tree octopus.’ Also fun how Brainy is like, ‘Nah, just smash it all, it’s probably too low-tech to bother saving any.’ (Years ago, in a D&D game, we were playing super-high-level people in a one-shot game, and found a library full of spell books. My character, the wizard, a class to whom spell books are generally priceless, was like, ‘Eh, I burn everything. It’s a distraction, and I already know all the spells I want to know.’ The game-master was boggled!)

Hard-light control pads appearing when an interface is needed is cool. I love the little futuristic sci-fi touches!

Titan focusing the telepathy of the Falmoroids against the Tyrazzian invaders was a cool option, and allowed the planet’s populace to play a role in liberating themselves.

Sister Eclipse is very cool, in powers and personality and visuals. I look forward to learning more about her.

And Element Lad is the boss. I love how he just locks the Forge Chosen leader lady in inertron while she’s explaining what a big deal she is.

Ooh, Ayla and Imra bonding. That’s super-cool to see. It’s easy to forget that they are family, since they haven’t interacted as much, that I can recall, in the comics.

The Falmoroids ‘Great Nest’ is very cool. It’s very loosely analogous to how salmon have to travel upstream to a particular place to spawn, and if they can’t (because that river has been dammed or whatever), that generation is pretty much screwed. But much more creative. I like the idea that many hundreds of Falmoroids lay down DNA that is incorporated into the newly forming one, so that, in essence, the entire race is the collective parents of each new Falmoroid.

Holy crap, Gear’s potential is amazing! Love how he activated all of his nanites across Legion World and ‘jumped ship’ to infect the warworld!

Harmonia and the others choosing to remain behind and clean up was a neat touch, since one of them had thought earlier that the team was just going to beat up the bad guys and then claim victory and leave. It’s nice to see that cynical (but all-too likely) prediction proven false.

It may be for the best that Titan seems to be losing his Shazam-powers. There are already multiple people with that powerset on this team, between Thunder, Andromeda and Mon-El, at minimum. (And possibly Lexikon, although I’m unsure at this point how she compares to the Krypto/Daxamite/Shazam powered folk.) Telepathy, by itself, is already a pretty buff power, with lots of utility. (That said, the Martian Manhunter is Superman + Saturn Girl + Phantom Girl + Kinetix + Chameleon Boy, so who says you can’t have it all?) &#61514;

Ooh, Laurel was indeed put in stasis by the Manhunter that replaced her. I love that retcon/fanwank, and even wrote a mini-fic (long since lost on a previous computer) in which some spelunkers among the layers of previous Metropoli underneath 30th century Metropolis found the Manhunter lair and Laurels body in stasis (and her recovery involving her overcompensating for how she was made vulnerable, by exposure to Kryptonite, by nearly killing herself trying to ‘build up a tolerance’ to Kryptonite with repeated exposure, only that’s not how it works, and after talking her down from her own plan, Brainy synthesized some artificial Kryptonite that had similar effects, without lingering harm, so that she could train to be more resistant to the effects without actually hurting herself).

Another little future detail, Rokk drinking from a ‘caff-pod,’ suggesting that, in the future, on ships or ‘Legion Worlds’ with artificial gravity, people wouldn’t drink out of open-top containers, since the risk of stuff spilling and causing trouble is too great. Neat! (And how drink containers work on the space station, IIRC.)

Duplicate Girl being both on the active team *and* at the Academy is cool. I love how she can do that, or even be on multiple mission teams, with her new powerset.

Honey and violet warps, love that you’ve picked some funky colors. ‘Honey,’ in particular, is not something I associate with a color (as much as a flavor), so it’s a little extra-exotic for me.

And that's all for now. Got to work again, but I'll try to catch up on Sunday. Great stuff! I'm loving a lot of the new characters, and the characterizations of the older characters (including some, like Invisible Jacques that I tend to neglect), and the new aliens and the future tech! It's amazing how well you can juggle such a large cast!

Last edited by Set; 05/12/17 04:38 PM.

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
Harbinger #928538 05/12/17 07:17 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
O hey, I had some time before work to finish up this section!

******''

Ooh, the Rim World tour is headed to Zuun, a world I’m planning on using someday, (although I'm probably inspired a little too much by the version we saw on the cartoon).

Metropolis extends all the way to Maine? Cool!

And Death Boy’s ‘secret origin’ is out. I was wondering if he might have some sort of relationship to Zoe (as her name means life, and her brother’s name, Thanot, means death), but Mantis Morlo was definitely not what I was thinking!

I’m not sure what Cosmic Kid’s power is yet (it may have been mentioned earlier, but I don’t recall) but it seems handy. Bending / redirecting lightning? Cool. If it works on blasters or even ships weapons, it could be crazy useful.

Heroes of Lallor, yay! And mention of more mutants on Lallor, cool!

Interesting tension between Tinya and Lydda. You’ve done some great stuff on the friendships on the team, but here’s a look at some Legionnaires that aren’t friends, and seem unlikely to ever be friends… (I wondered if Lydda and Yera might develop a friendship based around being seen by some as ‘Legion wives’ who only got their team roles after hooking up with other Legionnaires, or if Lydda might still have some lingering friendship with Brek, or perhaps resent Brek for breaking up the Subs to join the Legion… There’s potential that was never really explored in the comics.)

“My housekeeping style may best be described as ‘There appears to have been a struggle.’” Ha!

I like the description of Tellus’ Hyrkraian quarters, with the hanging edible plants and crystal monoliths. Very alien, and cool!

It’s neat how effectively you have the Legionnaires use their powers, such as Thirteen, Chemical Kid and Comet King dealing with the entrapping gas in Morlo’s lab. Even the new people are relatively competent. Nobody needs to be told how to do their job, and you don’t pull a ‘Heroes’ and come up with endless excuses for why X can’t do Y, by designing the plot (and the challenges) around the characters and their powers (and tech). Good storytelling!

I love the occasional role-reversal. Dawnstar (in vain) tries to be the voice of moderation to Mon-El. Brainy gives familial relationship advice to Jacques. Fun to see people dabbling outside of their elements.

Lexikon was trained by Okaarans? Is she meant to be a Tamaranean, like Starfire? You've been referring to her as a Tamarean, which I thought might be a race you'd invented.

Oh dear, Atom Girl was missing when Retro told Brainy there might be a traitor. Hope that’s a red herring!

This Eternal Jade Dragon residing within Dragonmage is an interesting new twist. I like it!

So the Death Boy attack on Harmonia seems to have been engineered by whatever forces seek to turn the UP against the Legion. This reminds me of the sort of media manipulation shenanigans that Universo is infamous for…

Kiringyaga is an interesting world, and it’s kind of a neat twist to see the Legion most welcome on a world that’s least likely to embrace it’s ideals, in some respects. Again, not so much detail that it turns into an info-dump, but enough to keep it both different and intriguing.

Thirteen’s thoughts on how the Legion can’t continue to just follow the elder statesmen / big gun personalities like Mon-El and Element Lad, but needs to better integrate with the newer generations, was interesting. It was this that reminds me that some of the more dynamic and ‘leader-ly’ female personalities, Imra, Nura, Salu and Shady, are absent from this lineup, which has been much to Harmonia and Dawnstar’s benefits (and the many newer characters), IMO, as they have gotten a bit more screentime than they would have otherwise. Similarly the absence of Lightning Lad, Ultra Boy, Cosmic Boy and restrained use of Brainy opens up more chance for development of Legion males who don’t get as much facetime in the comics, like Gim, Dirk and Jacques (and, again, the new members). And, realizing that, I kind of like how you’ve sidelined some of the attention-hogs, to allow more focus on those who could benefit from some more exposure.

And we're set up for the next chapter in this epic, with the scope of the threat both expanding, and yet progressing logically from the Legion's own growth and changes. That's cool. Building on what has come before makes for some stronger storytelling than a sort of arbitrary 'And then Galactus shows up!'

Thanks for the great story!

Last edited by Set; 05/13/17 04:46 AM.

Harbinger #928552 05/13/17 06:39 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Set, thank you for giving up your precious time to binge out on my story, greatly appreciated.

Funny that you like my structuring of the stories as I kind of borrowed it from your short try out series - and you're right that I hoped it would read as that each post represented a page or two. I'm very grateful for your kind words!

Maybe it's my dirty mind but 'tranche' always sounds rude to me so I love using it. I first heard it when dating a doctor for a short while after my divorce went through many years ago who kept moaning about the junior doctors ("the latest tranche are awful, the last tranche weren't much better", etc...). And it's always nice to find a new word, isn't it? Especially if it sounds a bit rude laugh

Element Lad is definitely the boss and we're going to see just how 'boss' he is soon as one of the first arcs in 5 will focus on him and his Trommite roots. I wasn't&#8203; ever really that big a fan of his so it's been a bit of a labour of love to give him more of a character.

When I decided to tweak Gear into a nannite collective I knew he needed something&#8203; truly awesome to do to show his potential. And probably it's just as well he's decided to remain as just support crew or there wouldn't be too much for the others to do.

Glad you liked the Falmoroids as I really enjoyed writing that part.

Lexikon is definitely Tamaranean, but maybe in a thousand years they've decided that extra syllable isn't necessary? Or, I can't remember how to spell it when in the throes of creativity smile

We will be visiting Zuun soon, I've never watched the cartoon so it'll be interesting to hear if the version I've created is similar at all.

Nice catch that I've written out a lot of the usual panel hogs - it's necessary, I believe, to clear the decks every so often with a team as big as this or we'd be as well just have a standard team of five or six, like most other comics. Shady will return towards the end of LW5 as we visit Talok viii again.

I'm going to post something before LW5 starts properly set in the new Academy as I've been sitting on stories introducing the students there for about 18 months now and want to get it started.

Thanks again Set,

C

Last edited by Harbinger; 05/13/17 08:22 AM.

Harbinger #928591 05/14/17 04:51 AM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Originally Posted by Harbinger
Maybe it's my dirty mind but 'tranche' always sounds rude to me so I love using it. I first heard it when dating a doctor for a short while after my divorce went through many years ago who kept moaning about the junior doctors ("the latest tranche are awful, the last tranche weren't much better", etc...). And it's always nice to find a new word, isn't it? Especially if it sounds a bit rude laugh

Well, that settles it, 'Up your tranche!' is my new future-insult-slang to replace 'frak' or 'frell' or 'nass' or 'grife!' lol

Last edited by Set; 05/14/17 04:54 AM.

Harbinger #928592 05/14/17 05:52 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Tranche does sound rude, I often had a silent giggle back at work. We used it as a term in compensation. If I were to increase someone's pay by a total of 10,000 and would give the increase over four years, we would say the increase would be given in four equal tranches.

Harbinger #929920 05/28/17 05:06 AM
Independent Scholar
Independent Scholar
Hi, Harbi,

Just finished reading the Kiringaya sequence, and I LOVED it. I admire how detailed, and even-handed, and non-judgmental you are about the local culture, and how compromises are inevitable across all generations. Towards the end, it actually brought a tear to my eye.

Brava all around.

Will get to the wrap-up-slash-cliffhanger later today.

Still "Fickles" to my friends.
Harbinger #931841 06/15/17 04:22 PM
Independent Scholar
Independent Scholar
Better late than never...sorry, Harbi, it's been what they call "an interesting time" for me lately. blush But I'm finally ready to comment on the final block of LW4 posts:

My favorite, to my great surprise, was Dr. Kabbo's session with Jacques! I wish I knew how you do it, but, somehow, you have managed to make me put aside all my gripes about Jacques (in brief -- I had previously found him to be a hollow construct built from imitation parts copying Chris Claremont's characters from Uncanny X-Men & New Mutants) and just embrace him for the flawed but decent sentient that you've revealed him to be. Awesomely done!

I was also very impressed with the conversation between Kara and Querl, the ominous tension building up to a goose-flesh inducing cliffhanger. I have to wonder whether or not these two were being completely honest with each other, or if it's just clever misdirection on your authorial part. Either way, I'm chuffed for the dark intrigue of LW5, which, along with the vignettes thread, I plan to start reading this coming weekend.

Still "Fickles" to my friends.
Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,012
Posts1,044,299
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
freekdkid
freekdkid
Charlotte
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star