Roll Call
0 members (), 17 Murran Spies, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Ann Hebistand - 04/20/24 06:47 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 04/20/24 06:27 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 04/20/24 06:25 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by stile86 - 04/20/24 06:22 AM
Kill This Thread L - Half a Century
by Ann Hebistand - 04/19/24 05:14 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 04/19/24 11:59 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/19/24 01:49 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 21 of 37 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 36 37
Re: Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248: The Ultimate Score Card
Omni #929041 05/17/17 08:24 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Hey Set,

I hope you do get a chance to read and comment. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

The spelling is a play on the name sort of. it started out as a typo that i just ended up keeping.
Cadets Lonny Evening and Lizz Sunrizze are Lori H-dial forms that i've expainded on their power usage.
I'm glad you like Amp Girl. it was with your help that her power set came to be.
Cadet Ollow Dulga will get a chance to show case her power soon. So i hope you get to see that.
I hadn't thought of that expansion for Wel4d.

Thanks for checking in!

read the adventures of the Reboot Legion!

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001232
Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 5/28/2017
Omni #929968 05/28/17 08:47 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
On Colu:
Roll Call:

Andromeda- Laurel Gand of Daxam U247- flight, invulnerability, solar absorption and healing. X-ray vision, microscopic /telescopic vision, penetra- vision, heat vision, super breath, freeze breath, super human speed, reflexes, endurance and sense (vision, smell, hearing, touch.)
Brainiac 5 -Querl Dox of Colu U 247 - 12th level intelligence, internalized force field apparatus
Invisible Kid – Lyle Norg of Earth U247 – invisibility
Representative to the U.P. Gux.-also a servant of Neron. (Family line)

Lyle’s Legion cruiser orbited Colu for almost a day before he received clearance to enter their atmosphere. The cruiser descended rapidly towards Metaire and Brainiac 5’s compound with a landing pad on the roof. The normally blue-green sky was over cast with mauve clouds that passed by the cruiser’s display window casting the world in a eerie haze.

“I can’t wait to get out of this cruiser.” Lyle thought to himself finally landing his hands gliding across the consol shutting everything down and docking the cruiser in. Lyle stood and opened the side hatch. The wind pushed Lyle off balance a little.

“Lyle! Welcome.” Laurel smiled broadly and waved her thick blonde hair blowing around in the wind.

“Laurel?” Lyle smiled squinting from the gust of wind but he couldn’t help but feel sad that Querl hadn’t come to greet him.

“Yes. Sorry Brainy had a lot to do for Representative Gux but he sent me to show you around and then he’ll meet us for dinner.”Laurel kept her smile even though in the back of her mind she half expected Brainy to cancel as he did for their dinner dates most nights.

“That’s great. Where are you showing me around to? Is this Colu as oppressive and boring as our universe?” Lyle tried to crack a smile for Laurel but he was clearly unhappy. He knew the trip was a surprise but he had waited in space a whole day. Querl had plenty of time to try and arrange it so he could at least meet him here.

“There are surprisingly a lot of things to see. But truthfully most of them are on Gobu which is in the recently rediscovered Southern Hemisphere. I’ve spent a lot of time there rehabilitating Gobu and the other 7 cities of the southern hemisphere.” Laurel’s excitement was clear. She was proud and found a real purpose here.

“That sounds amazing. I can’t wait for the grand tour. But could it wait until after I get a nap in? Sadly I didn’t sleep much during my clearance check.” Lyle rubbed his neck and gave a weak smile. As much as his spy and Legion training had prepared him for harsh climates and torture but right now with his mood he just wanted to sleep it off to be in better sprits for when he sees Querl at dinner.

“Of course. Don’t think twice about it. There is a lift over this way if you’d rather not take a jump tube.” Laurel wanted to make his as comfortable as possible.

“The jump tubes fine. After you.” Lyle motioned with a small bow for Laurel to proceed. Laurel bowed in return and entered the jump tube with Lyle close behind
Representative Gux suite:

In the darkened room a few floors below the landing pad the glow of the holo screen exposed Representative Gux’s scowl.

“I can’t risk that boy coming in contact with Brainiac 5. Brainiac 5 must be busy as possible for his possession to be complete.” Representative Gux began sliding his slender green fingers across the holo keys the red light flashing hitting just underneath his eyes.

Instantly Brainiac 5’s schedule had been rearranged and 189 more tasks had been added to his ever expanding project list. Pushing several more holo keys and Brainiac 5’s lab appeared on the screen and his research findings and solutions popped up in a smaller holo screen.

The screen showed Brainiac 5 hunched over a microscope and the readings on the smaller screen showed his findings as he dictated it to his omnicom.

“What did you do Brainiac 5?” Representative Gux looked on in amazement as he looked at a virus Brainiac 5 was developing.

“A nannite born virus? He could kill millions with that…” Representative Gux’s smile spread but so did the fear in his eyes as he realized Brainiac 5 may free him of his curse but the damage he could inflict on the universe could be worse than what his mother could do.

Inside Brainiac 5’s Lab

The sterile lab around Brainiac 5 shined as light from several energy sustainability projects burst inside their shatter proof containers along the left side wall. Each container’s omnicom taking readings as fast the energy fluctuated.

“Hmmm…this nannite virus is interesting…maybe it could be used on Mordru…”Brainy thought to himself while typing in a few notes on his omnicom before returning to the microscope.

“The nannites have the capability to transmit information and programs across long distances. With the nannites already impressive capabilities, it’s possible to get them to transmit a virus just like any other computer system and if we dropped this kind of bomb on Mordru it might nullify him…”Brainy recorded into his omnicom before quickly switching it to a privacy mode that would continue to record observations but would delay the transmission to Representative Gux office and allow him to redact some information.

“But since we aren’t 100% sure how they affect magical beings as few to none seem to be registered we cannot for certain tell how or even if it would affect Mordru. However the nannites would be the perfect delivery system for Virx and my Mother’s transfer of the cybernetic system. If the nannites are retired and replaced with the bracelets for the general populace then we could safely use them to transmit and make the transformation process much easier than what my Mother and Virx have described. It would be better for those who chose to be changed.” Brainy dictated while continuing his gaze on the nannites under his microscope fascinated at their prospects.

“Alright and now to turn my attention to something a little more entertaining.” Brainy smiled briefly before his gaze became flat and he went to the back end of the lab leaving his microscope. The pale green light around the work stations sprang to life as Brainy walked back and there before him was a tube filled with clear liquid. Inside the tube floated a green bald woman unconscious with a small breathing apparatus around her mouth that released small air bubbles into the tank. Her left hand had been removed along with her right leg. Long red and blue wires connected to her head by five nodes Brainy had attached to her head, taking readings of her brainwaves as she slept.

“Ms. Nux is so nice to see you again. Now where were we? Ah yes the test to your metabolic rate came back and looks like we’ve increased your stamina and your glucose levels have finally stabilized. Now I just need to work on your neural implants and I think we’ve got a starting point to go from.” Brainy tapped away at the holo screen of his omnicom

“Oh…Computer can you locate a responsometer for me?” Brainy requested of the A.I. system. He had the specifications from when the team was in the late 20th century. But instead of recreating it, he knew it be easier to find one.

“There are five in the Superman and Flash Museum. They have been with the museum for over three hundred Solar cycles after they were found in the former lair of a former villain named “The Scavenger” who hasn’t been seen since the late 21st century.

“Thank you computer and could you discreetly contact the museum and ask for one?”

“No artifacts are allowed to leave the museum.” The computer toned flatly.

“Fine. Then find me a thief.” Brainy continued to take readings of Ms. Nux in her tube.

“Beginning search. There are over 2,568 thieves within the United Planets.”

“I guess I’ll have to be a little more specific to find someone. I guess Ms. Nux our time is going to be short.” Brainy tapped the holo screen that popped up in front of Ms. Nux’s tube changing the conditions of the tube for the next 72 hours. adding in more nitrogen, decreasing the magnesium nitrate while also changing the temperature by 7 degrees Celsius.

“These changes should show us something interesting. See you again soon.” Brainy said simply as he turned and began walking away from the tube.

Omni #929969 05/28/17 08:57 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Marina Bay Warehouse District, Metropolis. Earth. The Secret Headquarters of the Legion of Super Heroes from Universe 247.
Roll Call:

Jacques Foccart of Earth -uncontrollable invisibility
Dreamer – Nura Nal of Naltor U247 – precognition

“Jacques are you in here?” Dreamer called into the VR room from the control room.

“Yeah…” Jacques’ voice seemed distant. Dreamer hadn’t looked into what program he was running as the privacy window was enacted in the control room.

Jacques looked through the Virtual Reality visor and saw his family before him as he remembered them. He used the mental link feature to access his memories of his parents and his kid sister Danielle, who was at least 12 now. It had been so long since his invisibility took over and the world thought he was dead. If it wasn’t for the resistance and Lyle finding him after EarthGov abandoned him he didn’t know what would have become of him. Then he turned and saw himself in the mirror. His small puff of black tight curly hair making a small afro with a white streak that ran down the middle. He had done that just before a school dance to impress a girl. Lyle warned him it would be permanent but he didn’t care. He thought it looked keen. That is what Jacques was looking at the exact moment Dreamer spoke.

“May I come in?”

“No need I’m on my way out. Did you need the room?” Jacques pulled the VR helmet from his head and the privacy screen began to scroll up revealing a smiling Dreamer before him.

“No, I’ve got a letter for you from Lyle. Do you want me to leave it here for you?” Dreamer waved an omnicom in her hand.

Jacques opened the door to the control room and gently took the omnicom from Dreamer.

“I’ll leave you to it.” Dreamer began to leave.

“No, please stay.” Jacques pulled out the floating chairs for the two of them.

Jacques tapped the omnicom bring it to life. Its light casting a gentle glow illuminating a small outline of Jacques profile.

“Jacques,

My dear brother I wanted to start off by saying I’m so happy to have found you and brought you back into my life. Knowing your alive has given me more joy in the last week then I’ve had in a long time. But I must apologize to you for leaving you this note and leaving Earth without a proper goodbye. I needed to see my boyfriend while there is some down time for the Legion and unfortunately he is on the other side of the galaxy. I know I’ve never said those words before never mind writing them. But I wanted you to know a part of who I am now as I have a feeling the person you remember wasn’t as forth coming about my romantic interest. I hope you understand that this is something I need to do. I will be back but in the mean time I leave you with people whom I consider to be family. They will take good care of you and help you in your quest to return to the visible world. I know you’ve been struggling to find a “code name” and I think while I’m gone you should use mine. So I welcome you Jacques Foccart into the Legion as Invisible Kid. Serve proudly and take care of my family as they will take care of you.

Lyle.”

Dreamer held out her hand and in it was a small golden ring with an “L” on it. Looking at him she beamed with joy as she tucked a piece of platinum blonde hair behind her ear.

“What’s that m’aimee?” Jacques looked at the ring glinting in the light.

“It’s your flight ring. Lyle is giving you his spare one to use until we can get some more made. But you are officially a member of the Legion of…”Dreamer stopped herself. They were just the Legion here. Not the Legion of Super Heroes. But he was joining their ranks and that meant something even in this alternate world.

“Of what?” Jacques asked.

“Legion of Super Heroes.” Dreamer said with pride.

“Legion of Super Heroes?” Jacques took the ring from her hand and turned it over a couple of times before putting it on his right ring finger. A slow shudder passed over Jacques’ body. The ring read his body and instantly began responding to it. his outline appearing for a brief moment and then popped on again and then off.

The omnicom blinked to life.

“P.S. Your flight ring is designed to give you a bio-signature and luminescent field that you can turn off with a thought. Good luck brother.

Dreamer’s face began to glow a faint green as she saw sitting before her for the first time the Invisible Kid, Jacques Foccart.

“You can see me?” Jacques’ voice shook slightly in disbelief as he looked down at his hands and arms. The ring glinting with the green glow.

“Yes I can.” Dreamer put her hands together. So happy for him.

“So…this means I’m a super hero and you’re a super hero and Lyle too?” Jacques’ confusion and smile were apparent.

“It does. We want you to be our resistance representative in the Legion.” Dreamer informed him. She thought it was the best way to say that Meta and Tusk hadn’t received rings.

“So it’s just me that’s joined?” Jacques features saddened.

“It is. We only have the one spare ring right now and out of the resistance you’re the one with the greatest abilities of diplomacy on all sides. But don’t worry the others are still going to be staying here and we’re still going to be training them and they will be a part of missions.” Dreamer reassured him.

“Then I accept.” Jacques smiled the green glowing outline of his face was beaming brighter than the light making him visible.

Last edited by Omni; 06/02/17 02:04 PM.

Omni #929970 05/28/17 09:06 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Monitor Room:
Roll Call:

Gear - I.Z.O.R. Of Lisnar U247 – tecno-organic body that allows him to interface and control machinery and that can grow any type of machinery he can think of.
Dreamer – Nura Nal of Naltor U247 – precognition

Gear checked every maker he had left throughout Metropolis to search for Shikari and Timber Wolf but it had been weeks since they had seen an energy spike close to the personalized slipstream they found at the site of the robberies and their disappearance site. But none of them were giving up on finding their teammates.

“The robberies have stopped…the signatures were so erratic with multiple triggers for a little while and then just stopped. Whoever was stealing all of that technology must be done with whatever they were doing.” Gear thought to himself looking at the map with Brande Industries at the center of it. But Brande Industries has not been hit once since they realized it was at the center of their investigation. Both Lyle and Chameleon have staked it out multiple times and have found nothing and no reports of missing technology.

“...Then we’ve got the reality realignment issue…” Gear thought as he pulled up the temporal and chronological readings of the universe.

“It’s still realigning but still unstable…”Gear called up more readings and visuals of each of the Legionnaires and their readings.

“Saturn Girl, Live Wire, Invisible Kid, and Kid Quantum are all cemented to this reality but aren’t due to our team status. None of us we’ll be cemented fully until our team is rebuilt I just know that’s the final outcome.” Gear compared the readings of the two universes. They were so similar but so different at the same time. Universe 248 having a high tack-eon output rendering it unstable.

“Our entry into this reality gave it the tack-eon boost it needed to survive but now the energy we brought with us is helping to deteriorate the reality around us because the excess tack-eon energy has nowhere else to go. But with each cementation the take-eon energy decreased. However, now it is creating a quantum event which I’m surprised Kid Quantum hasn’t registered. But we have to figure out how to cement our selves here or else all will be for not.” Gear looked at the readings of the Legionnaires that were still competing with each other.

“Maybe we can drain any excess chronological energy from ourselves…”

“Something else else tells me, that won't work.” Dreamer stepped into the monitor room.

“Hi Dreamer. It was a thought. The excess tack-eon energy could cause temporal disturbances which I’m rather surprised we haven’t run into. There must be a way to either drain it or maybe augment it... I’ll have to consult with Brainiac 5 soon.” Gear stood with his arms crossed looking at the data as a tecno organic small green arm reached out from his shoulder and scratched his temple.

“He’s not going to be of much help I’m afraid. At least not yet.” Dreamer sat down in the chair next to where Gear was standing and looked up at the information.

“Vision?” Gear turned his head and blinked his entirely green eyes.

“Sort of. More like a message in a bottle.” Dreamer took Gear’s hand gently and instantly his eyes went white.

Gear’s mind was filled with the information the fix it squad had been tasked with. The Time Trapper had gifted Nura a memory stone to pour her visions into and when it was touched by her and another sentient they could see her memories. The memory stones, a small round clear Agate stone were once abundant on Naltor, in many eras’ even being incorporated in Naltorian fashion. Eventually the memory stones became rare to the point of being for the High Seer and those the High Seer deemed worthy to be remembered. But at some point the last memory stone went missing. But here it was in Dreamers hand she looked down at it and couldn’t believe how much this small stone once held.

“What just happened?” Gear’s eyes fluttered the white fading and the green returning.

“I used my people’s memory stone to share my memories of the past month or so and the visions I’ve had as well as all information I know about our predicament. It’s easier than trying to fill you the old fashioned way without Imra around.” Nura smiled simply.

“I understand. That was a lot of information to process. Let me see if I understand what you’ve presented to me.” Gear was a little flustered with the amount of information he had received but it was information none less and he would assimilate that information.

“You, Saturn Girl, Invisible Kid, and Triad are part of a “Fix it” squad that has to help the team by recreating key moments within our shared history to cement us here as a team?” Gear’s melodic voice rang gently.

“Exactly and now you are on the squad as well. I need someone else here to help me on this end and with Lyle leaving to visit Brainiac 5 and bring Andromeda into the fold, I need someone so I won’t go crazy.” Dreamer smiled again and patted Gear’s hand as she motioned for him to sit down next to her.

“Dreamer you’ve dealt with the fates of our comrades a thousand times.” Gear didn’t understand her weariness.

“I know but this is different. We aren’t just shaping the lives of our friends by recreating not only their happiest but also their worst moments but we are shaping a reality itself. That’s rather daunting sometimes. Shaping the future is all about probabilities. But these things must happen.” Nura felt a coldness loom over her for a split second knowing she just changed the future and shaped it differently as the Time Trapper never sent her a vision that Gear should be involved and he let her know with that small moment of fear that her choice will not go unnoticed and/or without consequence.

“Understandable.” Gear blinked again thinking for a moment.

“Your list so far is recreating Wildfire, Take this realities Mango’s powers, and Make Cosmic Boy the Magno Ball Champion again.” Gear pondered each of these as he spoke them.

“That is our short list. The long list is on its way I’m sure. I can almost feel the Trapper at the back of my mind waiting to deliver a barrage of visions.” Dreamer hadn’t slept in a long time and even with her Khaudian sleep deprivation training it was starting to wear again. She knew she would have to sleep but she also knew that could mean the biggest and strongest visions could come her way including the messages of the Time Trapper and she wasn’t ready for that.

“Why do we need to take Magno’s powers?” Gear asked trying to move on and keep Dreamer’s spirits up as it was clear Dreamer wasn’t feeling good about what lies ahead.

“Hmmm? It’s just a vision I had, that I assumed was from the Time Trapper as Magno losing his powers came from the battle with Mordru. My guess is actually a lot will have to deal with him as the teams original battle with him changed the Legion in many ways. But that may have been a vision that this reality needs to happen. I wish there was a way to figure out which ones are directly from the Time Trapper.”

“Although it seems you’ve also been charged with personal cementing as well hence Cosmic Boy.” Gear pointed out.

“The Time Tapper has us doing his bidding. We’re his willing paws.” Dreamer hugged herself slightly as she came to that realization.

Last edited by Omni; 06/02/17 02:05 PM.

Omni #929971 05/28/17 09:14 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
“We are but as your memories pointed out only the outcomes need to be the same. The road to get there doesn’t have to be the same.”

“Yes, but Gear there is an old Earth saying that says the “Road to Hell is paved with good intentions.” No matter what we do, the things we might have to do could lead us to some dark places and I fear coming back from them.” Dreamer’s mind filled with the thought of essentially killing Atom'x and Blast-Off.

“Maybe true. But the alternative is we lose another home and we are sent back into the void.” Gear presented the logical opposition and even thought she knew his points were valid she couldn’t get her heart to wrap around the idea.

“What events did you and Lyle pick out as significant from our team history?” Gear slide his fingers across the consol its yellow light illuminating his face and instantly the teams history was on the holo screen before them.

“The White Triangle is one that I know is coming. But this time M’Onel will be involved. I saw that.”

“As did I. things will happen naturally I’m sure. Which begs the question why the Time Trapper is adamant that you recreate these events out comes. What is it about these outcomes that have the Trapper needing them to be repeated?” Gear pondered aloud.

“They changed the team. The first Kid Quantum’s death showed them the mortality of their lives and informed the Legion Constitution.” Dreamer touched the consol and put the event on a list of most probable.

“Agreed. Then the team and the UP were betrayed by President Chu and the Legion exposed her…” Gear pointed out as they looked at the history chronologically but also had the biggest impact.

“Mordru followed President Chu’s betrayal for the team. But that’s playing out now and we have an outcome for that actually we have two for the battle alone and then of course Violet needs to become the Emerald Empress again.” Nura highlighted them but didn’t move them.

“Why didn’t you move them?”

“They aren’t one’s we can affect. Those are Imra’s and Lu’s. I see that now. I may get the visions but they are just something we won’t be doing.” Dreamer looked up at the screen feeling completely limited and cut off.

“We may be what are left of the Legion but we are absolutely left out of this board.” Dreamer thought to herself really looking at themselves as pieces of a puzzle and right now they were in limbo. With the way this reality was there was no way they could operate on the scale they needed to affect these outcomes. But the bigger question was why? If reality was rebuilding to incorporate their memories automatically and retroactively fit them in as those with very public personas or apparent death records have shown that they have been missing for a year. Why did the Time Tapper want them to force these moments? Is it because there’s no Legion for them to return to and thus their memories would be incomplete or is it because the Time Trapper has other plans in mind for them and this universe.

Gear noticed and understood her frustration and tried to cheer her up again.

“Nothing wrong with sitting on the side lines and bidding your time. It’s all about timing. You understand that better than anyone.” Gear’s melodic voice rang into her ears modulating his vocal cords to try and increase her serotonin levels to make her happier.

“Thank you Gear for the honest perspective.” Dreamer had an idea of what he was doing but his straight forward response left little to be desired on the comfort level. Gear’s practicality maybe something Dreamer didn’t need at the moment.

“Maybe we can focus on aligning our team and the underground for now. We still have to find those safe houses Meta and Jacques talked about.” Gear thought it was time to switch subjects. His scans of her through his eyes showed how tired she was and her heart rate increased a bit altering him to her agitation.

“You’re right. That’s what we should do.” Dreamer picked herself up. It wasn’t the first time and it wouldn’t be the last.

Gear glided his fingers across the consol and pulled up the underground feeds Jacques gave them access to.

“These locations that we’ve checked out are pretty close together and near the space port. But the thing is that it doesn’t matter where they go. The nannites are law and they will be hunted.”

“Something else else needs to happen with the nannites in order for the United Planets to get away from using them.” Dreamer pondered for a moment before her vision hazed over and again she saw the thrashing mechanical beast spreading across the galaxy. Their biomechanical eyes adjusting in and out as she stared into its eyes. Brainiac 4 and C.O.M.P.U.T.O. stared back at her. As they all began to scramble in her direction and claw at her screaming “Infect! Control! Defeat!” Then her bracelet lit up and the machines backed away. Dreamer’s vision cleared.

“We need to find away to deactivate them in mass and we need to make sure our bracelets are secure. There’s a force coming that I’m not sure how to handle. But I know we’ll need them to protect us.” Dreamer held her memory stone cupped in her hands and concentrated to the stone and let it collect her latest vision its warm energy reaching out across her body until it hit her mind.

“Everyone’s bracelets are done and I’ll check their matrixes and firewalls for proofing. They should be hack proof. But I will do a double check.” Gear blinked steadily as he added it to his to do list.

“Ding! Ding!” the computer toned.

“What was that?” Dreamer and Gear’s attention was drawn to the holo screen.

“We’ve got some unregistereds in the safe house that was raided three weeks ago according to Meta. They must have figured it be safe to go back.” Gear tapped the consol to bring up the readings from the markers he had Jacques place there.

“There are three signatures all unregistered. Wait, my marker is picking up another frequency…it’s a device similar to mine but it’s a motion sensor only. The Science Police…the cadets will be on their way.” Gear’s eyes widened.

“Who’s on hand?” Dreamer glided her hands across the consol lighting up the icons for Star Boy, Gear, Meta, Chameleon, and Blast-off.

“I’ll stay here and look after Tusk and Domain with Jacques and Sensor and coordinate from here. If you need back up I’ll call Cos back from the Superman/Flash museum, Karate Kid and Atom'x from their rounds.

“You’re sending me out?” Gear hadn’t gone out of the headquarters in almost the entire time they had been their hiding in Brainiac 5’s lad trying to find solutions to their problems.

“I think it will be good for you to get out and do more than stay here and drive your algorithms crazy trying to fix everything and you can do something for me.” Dreamer patted Gear on the shoulder.

Omni #929973 05/28/17 09:25 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
High above Metropolis heading for a Nannite Underground Safe house Located at the Balt Towers.
Roll Call:

Cadet Ilshu Nor of Lallor -Able to transform into any animal or beast and duplicate their special abilities.
Cadet Jeem Rehtu of Preztor – creates hallucinations in those he touches. Slight telepathy.
Cadet Drura Sepht of Smoahtur -Spontaneous generation of infectious diseases.
Cadet April Dumaka of Fuzzball Cat-like speed and agility, enhanced senses, and retractable claws.
Triad - Luornu Durgo –Ability to split into three bodies. Of Cragg U247

Free squad:
Gear - I.Z.O.R. Of Lisnar U247 – tecno-organic body that allows him to interface and control machinery and that can grow any type of machinery he can think of.
Jahr-Drake Ningle - Blast-Off of Earth of U247/248 formerly Wildfire - Flight and invulnerability
Starboy -Thom Kallor of Xanthu U247- interstellar mass control.
Chameleon - Reep Daggle of Durla U247 – shape shifting

Refugees:
Teela Spuunvll of Abaddonus - Able to absorb, alters and redirects energy.
Roy Travich of Earth- radiation blasts and flight.
Timmy Feer of Earth - creates a smoke screen.

“The safe house is up ahead.” Meta sat on Chameleon’s back. He had shifted into the form of the M’braian’s grilm’u and just like its inhabitants they change with every generation. The grilm’u is no different and one of its incarnations is a bird like creature that’s big enough to carry a standard humanoid inside its roomy underbelly pouch and has an elongated neck that curves back with a small head at the top. Chameleon’s wings flapped gracefully as Star boy, Gear, and Blast-Off followed behind.

“How long ago was this safe house raided?” Blast-Off asked pushing forward a puff of smoke billowing behind him.

“Three weeks ago.” Meta responded dryly concentrating to help conceal them from any nearby minds even if they were thousands of feet in the air. The team had learned to fly as high as possible to not be detected.

“Do you know who these new refugees are?” Blast-off asked.

“No.” Meta answered.

“Are you sure Meta? How much contact do you have with the other cells?” Chameleon chimed in. He sensed the tension in Meta’s voice. His wings starched out as he glided along. Puffy clouds passed Meta’s face and she coughed a little bit before responding.

“The cells keep minimal contact to not get discovered. When communicating we use symbols and leave clues for locations if there isn’t a telepath among them; which we always try to place at least one of us with them. Most Titans are against the nannites. But as you’ve all said many a time they are law. But there are some of us who are rebelling.” Meta replied her tone not changing.

Chameleon flashed Star Boy a raised eye brow that he grew instantly.

“Do you know how many cells there are?” Star Boy thought he’d take a turn.

“Numbers change all the time. But the last time I checked it was close to 10 or 15 that remained.” Meta’s eyes glowed a strong blue as she reached out to try and see who was inside the safe house. But she forgot about the psi-shielding of Balt tower.

“There! Fly down and on to that roof top.” Meta called out directing them to a tall building that was only a few hundred feet below them. One of the tallest building in all of Metropolis standing at 4000 ft tall with over 1000 floors, it is one of a kind. But the top 100 floors have been abandoned in recent years as no one could stand the jump lift to get to them.

“The safe house is here? It’s a palace.” Star Boy landed gently on the roof top first which lead straight into the final living unit in the building which had been turned to storage and office space as it lead down into the rest of the tower.

“They are the standard living quarters for the Balt Building. Each room unit comes with a spacious living space, bedroom or bedrooms depending on unit size, full kitchen and replica bar, large closets and bathrooms. But overall according to the schematics they do not differ in any way from one another.” Gear mentioned pulling up the information on his omnicom. The wind pushing a bit as he walked towards the living unit.

“Still a palace. These are bigger than some of the houses I’ve seen on Xanthu.” Star Boy’s eyes were wide as he looked at the unit. Since its renovation into a storage space it hadn’t been touched. The cleaning bots kept the place spot less and pristine though.

“This place gives me the creeps.” Star Boy looked around as they reached the jump tubes.

“Agreed. Of the top 100 floors The safe house is on 30-70. We spread it out so they can’t get all of us.” Meta added her eyes glowing blue lighting up the area around them.

Chameleon shifted into his standard form.

“Alright we won’t have much time Meta, Gear and I will head down to the signal on the sensors first while Star Boy and Blast-Off you two stay up here and keep watch.

“Great. Well I’m going to stay outside and keep watch from there.” Star Boy shivered a bit and walked to the window wall.

“Yeah me to.” Blast-Off followed.

Chameleon, Meta, and Gear traveled down the jump tube to the 1065th floor where the sensors had gone off. Gear’s eyes glowed a bright green as the readings ran through his mind directing the three of them tapping into his omnicom as its easier to travel the tubes as with his arms at his side.

“I have a read on all three signatures. All humanoid and two are from Earth. I’m also picking up strong radiation. It might be coming from one of them.”

“It can’t be…” Meta reached out with her mind pushing her limits to get past the psi-shielding. Straightening out her body to push herself faster in the jump tube and past Gear who was leading.

“Can’t be what? Meta wait!” Chameleon urged trying to catch up.

Before they knew it she was out of sight and on the 65th floor. Chameleon looked at the jump tube exit and saw 1065 sign which has begun to melt its edges blacked.

“Gear, how bad is the radiation? Will our rings environmental shielding hold?”

“Yes, we should be fine. The radiation seems to be lowering.”Gear ran another reading this time looking at the omnicom his hands made in his palm.

Quickly Gear fashioned small sonic blaster using two of his fingers put together and Chameleon shifted his arms one into a sharp blade the other into a whip. Slowly they made their way onto the floor. The jump tube exit opened up on to an open area with three hallways off of it. At the front of the open area was a reception desk and behind it a common area with holo table and a few floating chairs and one floating couch. The reserve lights were on casting a dim glow.

“Meta! Meta where are you?” Chameleon called out.

Omni #929974 05/28/17 09:34 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
<I’m fine and I’m over here. Down the second hall first door on the right.> Meta responded her voice entering their minds.

The two of them rushed over to the second hall and there they found Meta kneeling in front of a young slender man with a hazmat helmet over his head. Half of his face missing as it radiated green energy. Behind him stood a slender muscular woman with short blue hair. her hands resting on his shoulders. Her hands glowing as she sucked in the radiation and quickly altered the energy into electrical energy that she sent flowing into the floor. While another one hovered near the windows looking out. Smoke drifting up from his head of black hair.

“Meta what’s going on?” Chameleon shifted his hands back.

“This is Roy Travich. He was in the first underground I ever joined.” Meta didn’t move from her position. She just kept looking at Roy and holding his hand.

“He’s admitting an abundant amount of radiation…which is being…drained” Gear started.

“By me. I’m draining the excess and pumping it back into the building. Names Teela.” Teela smiled simply but her face told another story. The radiation was starting to become too much.

“He needs more help than that. His radiation levels are starting to rise again.” Gear hand flashing as he took more readings.

“He needs this.” Meta detached her nannite bracelet and handed it to Gear

“What are you doing?” Roy clasped her hand.

“Fix my bracelet to help Roy. I know it’s only a temporary fix until we get him his own. But it’s better than nothing.” Meta squeezed Roy’s hand looking into his eyes not flinching. Roy smiled back at her.

“Alright but as you said it is only a temporary fix. We need to test his radiation levels to determine if a bracelet will work long term for him.” Gear responded a green cable extending out from his forearm to the bracelet and began reprogramming it to handle radiation and control it. while from his forearm extended a small syringe and drew a small sample from Roy to help the nannites regulate him.

Teela released her grasp on Roy’s shoulders and fell back a little. Chameleon stretched his torso out and caught her.

“Thanks. Man he’s got a lot of energy.” Teela quipped righting herself with Chameleon’s help.

“You’ve been at this for awhile. You all should come with us and we can help get you guys fixed up.” Chameleon de-stretched himself.

“Where is it you want us to go? A camp? The academy?” the short black haired boy interjected not taking his gaze from the windows. The sun had started to set.

“To our headquarters. Where we will help you, train you, keep you safe and work on taking down the nannite program. We are Legion.” Meta answered standing up.

En route to the Balt Tower.

“Alright Cadets. Keep it tight and this should be a cake walk. The signal registered 3 unregistered metas. They are on the 65th floor. So just aim there and well go in through the balcony.” Cadet Durgo called out as she took point her flight ring carrying her faster than the cadet’s flight belts.

“I can’t wait. I love these hunts.” Cadet Dumaka’s eyes light up as she flew on her mouth watering at the thought of the fight to come.

Cadet Durgo rolled her eyes. She hated these hunts more than anything. It took every ounce of her not to let Purple Lu out and deck Captain Allon every time he assigned her to do one of these. Cadet Nor flew swiftly as he shifted from eagle to seagull to finch to red robin and back again.

“These aviation forms of earth are fascinating.” Cadet Nor thought to himself getting lost in the freedom of flight. Birds on Lallor weren’t as free and little verity. They shared a hive mind for most species that was dictated by a queen. They worked to forage for their queen and their young.

“I love watching you shift!” Cadet Sept neither called out to Cadet Nor interrupting his thoughts.

After their last mission together he had grown to be more tolerant of Cadet Sept and her cheeriness but he still wasn’t sure how to answer her comments. He was practicing and being the aviator he needed to understand these earth animals and wasn’t a show for her enjoyment.

“Team focus!” Cadet Durgo called out triplicating and wanting to just get this over with.

Quickly the Cadets flew on. Cadet Rehtu silent as they approached Balt tower until he spotted something.

“Looks like we’ve got company.” Cadet Rehtu pointed ahead of them at a stream of smoke and another person floating in mid air.

“Looks like we’ve got more fun.” Cadet Dumaka pushed herself forward moving as fast as she could.

“Those aren’t the signatures inside as they are still there and they are joined by three others.” Cadet Rehtu took out his omnicom taking a reading from the planted sensor in unregistered’s safe house.

“No.” Cadet Durgo thought herself all three of her shouting it in her mind as she saw Star Boy and Blast-Off clearly as they approached. The clouds moving out of the way the first few stars of the evening appearing behind them.

“Cadet’s take them to the roof!” Cadet Durgo called flying up.

<Not getting past me Lu.> Star Boy called over the Legion’s telepathic earplug channel.

<We’ll see about that Thom.> Cadet Durgo did her best to keep a friendly smile on her face while she figured out away to keep her teammates from getting captured.

Inside Balt tower on the 1065th floor.

“I think we have a problem.” The sullen young boy standing at the window altered them.

“The Cadets.” Gear and Chameleon exchanged worried glances.

“Quickly everyone out. Once we get to the roof I’ll take all non flyers with me. Be ready to fire your powers though.” Chameleon rushed to the door waving everyone past him.

“That leaves me and Teela. Roy and Timothy over there can fly.” Meta responded before taking off down the hall pulling Roy with her.

“Wait… Roy give me a juice up before we go.” Teela called after them as she followed.

“It’s Timmy.” The dark haired boy followed behind Gear and Chameleon to the jump tube.

The two Legionnaires and the refugees made their way to the roof to join Blast-off and Star Boy. The tubes carried each of them fast as they could go. Gear was the first up and his pulse cannon on his right hand charging. Its large green opening pulsing low with blue light. Gear looked around ducking behind some furniture. Scanning the room nothing he found nothing and waved everyone else up out of the jump tube. Each of them jumped up and made their way over to Gear’s position.

“PPPPerrrfect! I love a good game of hide and seek. Come out come out wherever you are.” Cadet Dumaka called out to the darkened roof top penthouse. The rising moonlight casting her in shadow as she smelled for them and her eyes glowed a bright yellow. Cadet Dumaka was able to get past the two flying dream boats that were still flying in the sky fighting her fellow cadets.

“Let me handle this.” Meta’s eyes glowed as she pushed at Cadet Dumaka’s mind and instantly she froze in place her claws popped out.

“Gear is there anyone else?” Chameleon asked quickly shifting his head to let his antenna be revealed and pick up on Cadet Dumaka’s form.

“Not that I’m finding. Move out!” Gear commanded.

All of them moved out not seeing the shadows shifting gently. Cadet Rehtu moved along the wall silently his eyes closed listening to their movements. His own limited telepathy blocking Meta from sensing him and the dampener gauntlet that Tharok had designed for the academy to keep him off of any type radars. Cadet Rehtu listened hard and could feel the warmth of the radiation from one of them. Gently raising his hand from the wall he reached out and touched Roy, whose glow from his half consumed face cast across Cadet Rehtu causing him to flinch as not only its light was felt on his face but its heat. Cadet Rehtu’s hand glowed orange purple as his finger tips grazed Roy’s exposed hand and Roy’s eyes glowed orange.

“AHHHHHHHH” Roy screamed out his hands bursting with green radiation and his mind burst with wild thoughts of his worst nightmare coming true. His powers flaring out around him and incinerating everyone around him. In the real world Roy collapsed and placed his hands to the sides of the containment helmet.

“Roy what’s wrong?” Meta bent down and reached out with her mind her eyes glowing blue as she watched in horror Roy’s worst nightmare playing out before his eyes.

“Roy! This nightmare isn’t real! It’s a mind trick and I will break you free!” Meta yelled over the washout of radiation in Roy’s nightmare. Her bones yelling at him instead of her.

Meta concentrated. A blue bubble of light surrounded her as she floated up into the nightmare world.

“Whoever you are that’s doing this I’m going to break this nightmare!” Meta said aloud prompting Cadet Rehtu to step forward and grab her from behind his hand covering her mouth to muffle her scream as his power activated pushing Meta into a telepathic coma a trick Cadet Ardeen and he had been working on with Mentor Aven. Essentially his hallucination power can cause a telepath’s powers to effectively shut down by tapping into a primal fear of all telepaths. A silent world. but this would require all of his power and his other target would be released from his thrall. Roy instantly dropped to the ground the orange in his eyes disappearing and he began to shaker feverishly.

“Roy and Meta have been attacked!” Timmy shouted flying up his smoke leaving a trail around Roy’s shivering body and Meta and Cadet Rehtu who were locked in a tight embrace. Meta’s eyes glowing blue her face looking blank but clear she was caught in a silent scream.

“Looks like your friend’s right and she lost her grip.” Cadet Dumaka’s yellow eyes glinted in the shadows as she slashed out at Gear who had moved closer to her to make way to the outside of the converted living quarters and on to the roof.

Catching Gear’s arm she opened and slash into his tecno organic hide instantly knitting itself back together.

“Mmm you're gonna be a fun one to play with.” Cadet Dumaka smiled as she lunged at Gear who backed away swiftly shifting his torso to miss another attack of her claws. Blasting her with a sonic pulse he sent her leaping backwards.

Last edited by Omni; 06/02/17 02:06 PM.

Omni #929976 05/28/17 09:42 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Meanwhile outside in the air:

<Nice foot work Lu! But your slipping on your flight ring skills!>” Star Boy teased Cadet Durgo over the Legion’s telepathic ear plug link as he cast and only got her left leg just after she triplicated.

<Thanks Thom and thanks for taking the gravity tricks light. my rings compensating nicely and this is my second day having my ring back on so how about you cut me some slack!> Cadet Durgo smiled on the inside and out as she watched her sisters hit Star Boy from behind. Each kick him in the knees and then punching him breaking his concentration on their sister who flew away faster without the extra added weight.

“Stay still!” Cadet Sepht yelled as Blast-Off maneuvered about her leaving a trail of smoke in his wake.

“That’s not something I’ve very good at!” Blast-Off boasted making sure he didn’t go anywhere near her casting. The two times he came even close he felt feverish.

“Leave him to me!” Cadet Nor flew after Blast-Off taking the form of a Winathian Elnee, a small agile bird that was almost wafer thin that stood no more than two feet tall. Its thin body cut through the air pushing itself after Blast-Off.

Blast-Off neither saw Cadet Nor shift into the bird.

“Maybe it’s time for some extra added smoke.” Blast-Off pushed himself faster and began circling Cadet Sepht, which in turn caused Cadet Nor was to do the same but with each thrust Blast-Off made more smoke produced until finally they were both encased in his smoke screen.

“Ilshu, where are you?” Dura called out.

“Don’t cast Dura!” Cadet Nor could feel himself becoming nauseous as he flew closer to Cadet Sepht.

“I’ll pull back!” Cadet Sepht called out pushing her will to recall all of the various disease and virus’ she put out. But the smoke screen was causing some issues realizing she couldn’t see where she had already cast to call them back and with so many that she cast there’s too many to call to at once.

Cadet Nor shifted to another bird form but this time it was the Brall Fral whose magnetic eye sight can lock on to anything metallic and Cadet Nor had noticed his flying target had some metal on him. Cadet Nor zeroed in on Blast-Off’s gauntlets and took off towards him as the Fral has the capability to pull itself towards its target and that’s what Cadet Nor did.

Star Boy grabbed all three of Cadet Durgo and increased their mass three fold still holding back just as Lu had done when she hit him. He knew she could have knocked him out with any combination if she really tried. Cadet Durgo dropped in the air and began to slowly plummet.

“Sprock it Star Boy!” Cadet Durgo yelled while Star Boy waved at her. her velocity wouldn’t increase and the farther she got from him weaker the hold got. Plus he knew her flight ring would keep her safe.

Cadet Nor speed towards Blast-Off picking up on the magnetic signature of his gauntlets.

“I’ve got you!” Cadet Nor thought to himself as he zeroed in.

“Pin!” Cadet Nor made contact with Blast-Off’s gauntlet.

“What?” Blast-Off looked down and saw Cadet Nor’s bird form stuck to him and instantly shifting into a snake and warped himself around Blast-Off’s arm and began traveling up.

“Ahhh man really a snake? You had to turn into a snake.” Blast-Off began wiggling his arm trying to push him off and even tried pushing himself faster to create some more smoke.

“Don’t bother. I’m locked and you’re done.” Cadet Nor was about to bare his fangs and make Blast-Off go numb when all of as sudden he felt incredibly heavy.

“UGGG! The gravity caster…” Cadet Nor struggled to say before finally falling away changing his form instantly into a sky-diver a type of bird found on Lallor that flies high and then dives steep to catch bugs and other wildlife unaware as their pattern isn’t noticeable.

On the roof penthouse:

Chameleon saw Meta in one of the cadet’s thrall and embrace as Roy their latest ward was laying on the floor shivering. But as Chameleon approached he realized that the Cadet wasn’t moving either. It was taking everything he had to contain Meta who was clearly fighting him. But whatever he had her in it was strong and her silent screams seemed to be getting louder. Chameleon didn’t know what to do. Gear was fighting with the cat Cadet and the other refuges were trying to rouse Roy but to no avail.

“What are you going to do about Meta?” Teela asked her stiff blue hair in her eyes.

“I don’t know…they are locked in some kind of mind meld...” Chameleon walked around them while keeping an eye on Gear who was keeping the other Cadet busy still.

“Let me.” Timmy stood up and walked over to the Cadet Rehtu who was holding the sides of Meta’s head. Timmy blew a waft of smoke at Cadet Rehtu and instantly he started coming to and so did Meta.

“I upped the ammonia content. It wakes everyone.” Timmy shrugged repeating the process on Roy.

“AHHHHHH” Meta took a giant breath and fell to the ground and Chameleon shaped his right fist into a giant mallet and swung at Cadet Rehtu knocking him out instantly before he could fully recover from whatever he did to Meta.

“We need to get everyone out of here while Gear keeps the other cadet busy. Smoke create a bit of cover. Teela grab Meta and I’ll grab Roy he’s still in pretty bad shape.” Chameleon led their new charges through the mist.

The fight had spilled out of the pristinely converted penthouse living quarters and on to the roof side smoke drifting out into the starlight sky. Cadet Dumaka ran after Gear who jumped and bounded off the side wall to flip over her using his flight ring to balance him as he fired his pulse cannon. Cadet Dumaka dodged each blast but barely her hairs being singed from its energy.

“ARRRRRRRR!!” Cadet Dumaka clawed upward and slashed at Gear catching his arms again but this time she slashed deeper and severed his had with the pulse cannon.

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH” Gear screamed out in pain. The even though his hand would re-grow and he could reattach his lost one didn’t mean it didn’t hurt any less. His tecno-organic green blood flowing upward to seal off his hand.

Cadet Dumaka’s eyes grew wide with fear and amazement. She hadn’t meant to maim him and quickly gathered his hand and brought it to him.

“Are you alright?” Cadet Dumaka presented Gear’s pulse cannon hand her eyes wide.

“Yes…I’ll be fine. Th...Thank you.” Gear pushed out through the pain he was feeling. But Gear looked down at the two pieces and saw something he never thought he’d see. His green hand began to deteriorate before his eyes and his tecno-organic seal was starting to do the same.

“What’s happening?” Gear’s normally calm voice was shaking and his eyes went completely white. Sweat began to drip from his head and then quickly reabsorbed.

“I used a dusting of Duzza root on my claws. It’s supposed to numb and in some cases incapacitate sentients. I’ve never seen it do this though…” Cadet Dumaka didn’t know what to do.

“You need help and I know where to get it!” Cadet Dumaka picked up Gear and instantly took off from the roof using her flight belt to carry the two of them.

“Not so fast!” Chameleon grabbed hold of her leg stretching his arms out while he held on to the frame of the living quarters.

“Your friend is sick! I’m taking him to a fellow cadet who can help! It was a mistake I promise!” Cadet Dumaka looked back and pleaded with Chameleon.

He looked at Gear and quickly stretched out his neck to see closer.

“What did you do?” Chameleon’s voice lowered as he began to sprout arms from his elongated neck to grab Gear from her.

“It’s the Duzza root. I coated my claws in it but he’s having a reaction to it I’ve never seen. Now let me go! RAWWW!” Cadet Dumaka roared in Chameleon’s face and instantly he retracted. He had never seen Gear look so sickly and without Brainy he wasn’t sure how much help the Legion would be.

Cadet Dumaka flew off with Gear in her arms.

“Wait… I was supposed to do something.” Gear whispered as the fever started taking him. Gear looked at Star Boy who was now leading Chameleon and the other refuges away to the safe house.

“Not so fast!” Cadet Nor flew down from high above them his erratic flying pattern finally coming into contact with them.

Star Boy instantly cast in Cadet Nor’s direction his hands glowing purple. Cadet Nor instantly turned purple and his weight increased dramatically. Shifting to change his center of gravity Cadet Nor shifted to an even smaller bird, the Earth robin which allowed him to fly fast to catch Star Boy and Cadet Nor sprang forth and changed forms again and this time into a boa constrictor instantly taking Star Boy down with him for Star Boy was also trying to compensate for each of Cadet Nor’s changes and had shifted his mass numerous times.

“Let me go!” Star Boy struggled and as he saw Chameleon almost turn back.

<GO! Run!> Star Boy shouted over the Legion telepathic ear plugs struggling to stay afloat with Cadet Nor’s boa constrictor wrapped around him.

Chameleon and the refugees quickly flew on into the starry night leaving behind Star Boy and Gear. Chameleon’s eyes hardened as they flew he knew the nannites needed to be stopped. He wasn’t sure how much longer he could take being on the run. Being hunted by his friends and family when they were blighted was one thing. They weren’t in control at all but now even thought they were carrying out the law of the universe it was almost heart breaking as Chameleon stifled back a small tear as he shifted his eyes to the back of his head and saw Triad putting power dampening cuffs on Star Boy. The group of Cadets stood around Star Boy and Cadet Durgo. Cadet Durgo’s eyes never once met Star Boy’s as she put the cuffs on him. Star Boy just smiled and tried to telepathically reassure Lu that she was just doing her job and he wasn’t mad at her.

<From within and without.>Star Boy thought to Lu.

Cadet Durgo nodded but she was starting to wonder if there were going to be any of them left to fight outside the system.

Omni #929977 05/28/17 09:50 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Unknown Location:

The lights were low as the holo screen played out the scene from the streets of Metropolis where a group of masked and colorfully dressed vigilantes fought a group of villains who were trying to steal a response-o-meter from the Flash and Superman Museum. Three young men stood in their way as they searched for their target and each of their faces covered by masks. One of them had a mask that covered his entire head leaving only his mouth area open and it connected to his black and purple body suit. Another one dressed in all orange with a simple brown belt around his waist. a black line covered his eyes from above his eye brows to just below his sculpted cheek bones. His eyes however were not showing and only white of his eyes could be seen. While the third was also in an orange body suit but his was mixed with a pink belt that matched his eye mask that looked like two large pink diamonds over his eyes. Standing their ground the three of them made it clear they wouldn’t be taking anything. But of course these three brightly colored sentients didn’t know just how many of them there were.

The lights came up when the security camera footage was done playing. A small oval table floated in a well lit office with five chairs floating around it all but one was full with a different hostage sitting there waiting to hear their instructions from their boss. Sitting at the head of the table sat Grimbor the Chain’s Men, inventor extraordinaire of all containment devices in a giant ornate plush brown hover chair. He was flanked by his two hounds both standing silently in their black body armor their faces covered. One in an exoskeleton with a crown on her head tangled in her green hair and the other a tall lean muscular man with a breathing mask covering his face while his brown hair jutted out from his head the single stand of White front and center matching is white pupils.

“My Leaguers welcome back to my Lair.” Grimbor smiled his white teeth showing.

“Not like we had much choice.” Lalo Muldron aka Micro Lad, the orange haired micro killer sat in his chair slumped over his puff of hair falling in his face.

“Oh Lalo don’t be so...predictable. We get it you work alone; you’re a lone wolf, blah blah blah. Oh wait…your referring to the fact that I have you all nannited. Well when you owe a debt for creating your own personal slipstreams and other gadgets you’ve got to pay up somehow.” Grimbor stood up and went to get a drink from the side bar.

“Be quiet Muldron.” Titania the maiden of might rolled her red eyes and crossed her thick muscular arms. She had her own contracts to fulfill outside of this obligation.

“He has a point. But we do need to get on with it. So what’s this about Grimbor? We stole your response-o-thing.” Gangbuster crossed his arms waiting.

“Ahh yes. Well as you all know I’ve recently acquired some new friends.” Grimbor smiled as his eyes looked from side to side with a devilish grin.

“They’ve helped me steal everything I need to make my gadgets and sell them to you all of course and of course I needed some extra help today. But Now I think it’s time we start a new game. The Science Police have subtlety stepped up their game as Sun Emperor has informed me. They’ve formed a squad of youngsters whose sole purpose is to take on the Super threats like Mordru. Which we all agree he’s a problem. But not ours. But that Special romper room unit is a potential one for us and we need to band together and watch out for one another. Well be a team!” Grimbor squealed with delight at the thought as his finger tips touched and his eyes glinted before he pushed up his visor and then took a sip of his drink.

“A team? No thanks I’ve got my own.” Gangbuster pointed with his thump behind him and six duplicates of himself appeared standing with their arms lean muscular arms crossed and hard scowls.

“I wasn’t asking and it’s not really a team but more so a League.” Grimbor’s smile grew wider standing leaning on to the oval hover table.

“A League? A League of what?” Muldron leaned forward.

“A League of Assassin’s of course. We’ll take contracts and do them as a team. This way no matter what we get paid even if one of us misses our shot and we can protect each other from those new SP’s. But of course we may need to find a new member with Sun Emperor in Takron-Galtos.” Grimbor hoping the mention of money would help. Tapping the top of the table where the built in omnicom rested, Grimbor brought up the picture of three potential recruits on to the holo screen at the center of the hover table. Grimbor looked at the empty seat his smile growing.

Re: Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 4/27/2017
Omni #930142 05/30/17 02:16 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
The Legionnaires being forced to fight one another was well done, and is good foreshadowing as I doubt things will get any easier for them on that front...Curious to see who Grimbor's new recruit will be as well though I have a suspicion.... smile

Is Gangbuster an original character? That is a good name for someone with duplication powers laugh

Omni #930256 05/30/17 08:28 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Thanks Raz. glad the mini battle turned out well.Thanks to a comment made by Harbinger got me thinking about it and i figured it was time they had a run in.

So thank yo Harbinger once you've read!

You'll just have to wait and see. The League is a new thorn that Cadets and Legion alike will be dealing with as they don't realize that the three they faced at the Museum are not the cadets.,

sadly Gangbuster is not one of my creations. He's from the Reboot's Legion Worlds series issue #5.

Stay tuned for more!

Omni #930600 06/02/17 01:21 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Gangbuster - a nice update on the original code name, Gangster.

Poor Star Boy and Gear... The nannite stakes are upped and I really want to see how this will end. Good work showing Triad's conflict, and Catspaw's concern for Gear.

I'm glad the Grimbor plotline is moving, I'm still worried for Brin and Kari.

Omni #931035 06/06/17 06:20 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Thank's IB,
This is another moment of a typo turned new code name. lol laugh
Glad the battle paid off and the nannties are only going to get to get more complicated. Catspaw's gonna get a spot light thanks to Raz and his love of cat ladies.

Honestly a big thank you to all of you your comments have really helped spure some great moments to help expand my story.

You might have to be. Grimbor has a strong hold and now theyv'e entered into the assassin game they will definitely cross paths with the cadets

I have a question though, No one has commented on any of the Colu sections i've posted in last two big updates. i just want to make sure everyone saw those as they did come out during a major blast of post.

Omni #931055 06/07/17 04:19 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
I forgot to comment on them. Lyle being upset was realistic. I am looking forward to the Colu plot moving forward. It's a longer running plot line than many of your missions, so I tend to comment less just because i'm waiting to see what happens next, so to speak

Omni #931109 06/07/17 05:03 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Hey Thanks for IB. i just get worried post get lost. But sometimes its the only time i'll actually get to post anything for a while. Thank you again for your comments and support.

Omni #931123 06/07/17 10:10 PM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
I am with IB, I actually really like the Colu stuff but I feel like it's more a "wait and see how it develops" plotline so I'm happy just watching it play out - also YAY for more April! smile

Last edited by razsolo; 06/07/17 10:10 PM.
Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 6/20/2017
Omni #932150 06/20/17 04:34 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Montauk Point, Metropolis Earth - United Planets Special Unit training academy
Level 19-22 medical bays and various labs

Roll Call:
Cadet April Dumaka of Fuzzball Cat-like speed and agility, enhanced senses, and retractable claws.
Cadet Ral Benem of Mardru -Ability to stimulate plant growth
Cadet Kent Shakespeare of Earth - Limited invulnerability super speed and Super strength. Medical knowledge. Greater physical stamina. But requires sleep after.

“Where’s the plant head! Where is he?!” Cadet Dumaka flew into the academy lobby screaming looking for Cadet Benem but not finding him anywhere. Carrying Gear, but only known to her as his in her arms Cadet Dumaka flew to the medical bay levels from the outside side entrance on the bayside of the Academy tower for emergencies.

“Med bay doors open authorization Alpha Catspaw!” Cadet Dumaka screamed at the academy’s A.I. system. The glass doors seamlessly slide apart.

“What have we got here?”Cadet Shakespeare ran over with a floating gurney hearing Cadet Dumaka’s call to the med bay doors.

“I cut him with my claws while they were covered with Duzza root. It’s…”

“It’s only supposed to incapacitate. Yes, I’ve used it on troublesome patients.” Cadet Shakespeare adjusted his glasses while taking a reading of Gear.

Cadet Dumaka smiled that someone besides plant head knew what Duzza root was. But as she looked down at her victim she couldn’t smile. She couldn’t think about anything other than making him better.

“I’m so sorry green blood I never meant to hurt you like this.” Cadet Dumaka wiped sweat from Gear’s forehead with a cloth Cadet Shakespeare had given her.

“His temperatures are off the charts…its like the tecno organic tissue is being eaten by the Duzza root infecting him. But I don’t know why. Not much is known about this young man’s species. But basically what I can gather from this reading is his body is made up of organic machines that form together to create a cohesive whole…”Cadet Shakespeare took more readings trying to understand why the Duzza root was causing this.

“I was summoned?” Cadet Benem strolled in before he saw Gear on the floating gurney beginning to convulse. His eyes going white and green foam starting to drip from his mouth.

“What happened?” Cadet Benem ran over his hands glowing a gentle pale green trying to communicate with the root seeds he in Cadet Shakespeare’s hand.

“I sliced off his arm by accident and infected him with Duzza root but he’s not fully organic I guess.” Cadet Dumaka held Gear’s hand and squeezed gently her large yellow eyes tearing.

“The Duzza root’s been altered.” Cadet Benem rubbed some of the dust from Cadet Dumaka’s pouch in between his finger tips feeling the grains as he communes with it. Concentrating hard as its no easy to commune with root dusts.

“Can I see your pouch of Duzza?” Cadet Benem asked.

“Sure…But how you are not affected?” Cadet Dumaka handed her pouch over gently not wanting to spill or touch it.

“I immunized myself years ago against most plant venoms and nectars and when I got to the academy they had me study different plant variations. But this is one kind I haven’t seen in a while.” Cadet Benem touched his tips of his finger to his tongue tasting the sour root.

“Can you help me concoct an antidote?” Cadet Shakespeare scanned the rest of the Duzza dust in the pouch while a med-drone brought cold compresses for Gear’s head.

“I think I can. The Duzza root is meant to only work on organics of all types. But because he’s a hybrid the mechanical parts didn’t know what to do with it and so they tried to compensate with antibodies it made which just became corrupted and combined with this altered strain, made it unpredictable to his system.” Cadet Benem snapped his fingers and began searching his pouches for seeds.

“How did the Duzza root get altered?” Cadet Shakespeare used the floating microscope moved closed as the med-bot pushed it over at his mental command. Cadet Shakespeare wearing a small silver patch at his left temple allowing him to mentally command the med-bots to do simple tasks.

“It’s been aged to a state that only happens once every century where it grows and secretes its most potent nectar which permeates even the ground for almost two years and eating it could cause a coma. I did a research sabbatical when I was ten as part of the gifted Agriculturalist of Tomorrow on Fuzzball and the Duzza root was in this state while we were there. But that isn’t scheduled to happen for another fifty years. So I’m uncertain how this strain got here…” Cadet Benem explained searching his pouches before pulling out three seeds.

“Ahh got them.”

“What?” Cadet Dumaka’s eyes were wide with hope.

“These are the Cragg hebuscs and Mardru Marigold seeds. Both promote healing and I can make them grow to produce the leaves and nectar you’ll need. It will ease the pain until we can reverse the Duzza root. But that may take a few days…and a trip to Fuzzball to get another flower fungus.” Cadet Benem’s hands glowed as he placed the seeds on the floating table. The small patch of dirt he carried helped his powers as he places it on top of the three seeds.

“I can’t leave the green blood.” Cadet Dumaka squeezed Gear’s hand.

“Once we administer these to him he will be unconscious. Possibly in a coma until we get back. You’d be much more help with us.” Cadet Benem gave a small smile. Cadet Dumaka was the only one who could get us to where we needed to go.

“Fine. When do we leave?” Cadet Dumaka’s eyes narrowed ready to get ready to save this young man‘s life.

“Within the hour.” Cadet Benem pushed the plants to grow the gentle green glow brighter now.

“I’ll stay and keep watch over our friend here.” Cadet Shakespeare adjusted his glasses while readying the lab table against the wall of Gear’s medical room to start breaking down the nectar and leaves in the way Cadet Benem left him to on his omnicom while he researched more about the Linsnarian.

Cadet Benem continued to grow the planets on the floating side table to make sure Cadet Shakespeare had enough to make the unconscious young man comfortable while Cadet Dumaka held the unconscious man’s hand while luminescent green sweat rolled down his forehead and reabsorbed to repeat the process.

Omni #932151 06/20/17 04:48 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Asteroid RumCok-8
Roll call:

Captain Gim Allon- Captain and headmaster of the Science Police Special Unit Training Academy
Apparition - Tinya Wazzo Nah –intangibility of Bzgtl of U247
Umbra (Tasmia Mallor) – shadow caster. Of Talok IV U247
Cadet James Cullen of Xanthu - Ability to cast stasis fields using belt.
Cadet Tharok of unknown – hacker genius. Capable of making any type of weapon from any part.
Cadet Ayrla of Dyrlia - Gravity negation
Cadet Staq Mavien of Shawr - breathes fire
Cadet Gil Swanson of Earth -able to switch people’s powers at will, must touch person to do it. Flight. Invisibility
Cadet Lonny Evening of Myar –sentient being of ink. Makes ink projectiles. Can transform into humanoid form.
Cadet Jedediah Rikane of Earth – density control. Super dense and strong to immaterial phantom.
Live Wire - Garth Ranzz - electrical generation and manipulation, and elemental transmutation of Winath of U247
Ultra Boy - Jo Nah- Super-strength, super-speed, flight, invulnerability, flash vision, and "penetra-vision" (all approximately at Kryptonian power levels), only one of which can be used at a time. Of Rimbor U247
Cadet Mory Lour of Omegons -Teleportation
Cadet Myke-4 Astor of Calish-Aetia -Able to recall portion of powers of those he's touched.

“Whattt are we going ttto do?” Cadet Mavien nervously spat a bit of fire from his mouth as he and Cadet Rikane sat on the ship waiting for their fellow cadets to unfreeze from Cadet James Cullen’s backlash statist’s field.

“Bring the cadets on board and then we track the ship and check in with the Anndranna location team to see if they’ve spotted that ship.” Cadet Rikane suggested.

“How can we do ttthat? The ssship didn’t leave a pulse wake or any known sssslipssssstream quake.” Cadet Mavien looked at their sensor logs and nothing was coming up.

“There has to be away and we’ll find it.” Cadet Rikane looked out at the space before them unsure but determined to find the Captain and other cadets.

Flying through space:

“ARGGGGG! This feels almost as rough as when we first used the Threshold system.” Cadet Umbra thought to herself as she looked around the small ancient ship.

Both Captain Allon and Cadet Wazzo-Nah were still unconscious on the floor while Cadet Tharok was strapped in tight just like herself but he looked like he was about to pass out any moment.

“Tharok can you find out where this ship is taking us?” Cadet Umbra struggled to say the force of gravity was starting to increase.

<I’ve been trying to use my neural transmitter to hack the system. But the gravity isn’t playing nice and neither is this system.> Cadet Tharok thought to Cadet Umbra as the gravity increased more making it impossible to physically talk.

<Sprock!> Cadet Umbra thought.

The ship shook hard around them for what seemed like forever. The lights throughout the hull flashing randomly making the two of them nauseous enough that they both closed their eyes tight hoping this ride would be over soon. The ship felt like it was bouncing around the unknown passage where it was taking to where ever. Cadet Umbra opened her eyes briefly looking out the main window and outside the ship everything was a blur of white light with a slight swirl of color passing by.

“Could it be thresholds?” Cadet Umbra thought to herself.

In an instant the ancient ship stopped and before them was a vast expanse of stars and one giant world floating in front of them. The straps instantly sprang back unlocking the two Cadets. Umbra instantly checked on Captain Allon and Cadet Wazzo-Nah.

“Ok, good Tinya and Cap are ok.” Cadet Umbra checked their pulses.

“Well that’s a good thing. I don’t need to add their deaths to my rap sheet.” Cadet Tharok stood and instantly started plugging away at the consol.

“Not funny Tharok.” Cadet Umbra hissed at him. In her home reality she would have seen him locked up by now instead of having to work with this cretin

“Alight, we’ll we’re still in the Andromeda Galaxy, but we’re not…” Cadet Tharok looked at the readouts confused.

“What are you talking about?” Cadet Umbra joined Cadet Tharok at the consol.

“We’re in the exact location that the watch team is at. But we’re not. Somehow we’re removed from the reset of reality.”

“But readings were done and there were no extra dimensional signatures or cloaking devices.” Cadet Umbra looked at the readouts and understood enough about spatial awareness and perception distortion to know Tharok wasn’t lying.

“The technology to cloak this planet was long forgotten to the United Planets it seems. There are several components of its make up that are similar to other forms the UP does use…it’s possibly the earliest form of Tesserct Tec I’ve seen.” Cadet Tharok’s fingers hit the hard keys trying to figure out how to return them to proper space.

“Interesting and how do we shut it down?” Cadet Umbra could care less about how old it was. She just wanted to make it stop.

“We need to go planet side.” Cadet Tharok stopped as the first image that pops up is that of the second key which is used to open the planetary defense shield. The key's round yellow face circling on the screen.

“What did you just say?” Cadet Wazzo-Nah stirred rubbing the back of her head as she sat up.

“We have to go to the planet and return it from this Tesserct in order for us to get home. It’s the only way to leave. Otherwise there is no way out.” Cadet Tharok’s voice was ominous as he wasn’t sure how they would find what they needed with an entire planet to search and in this moment Tharok knew this was why the Dark Man needed him and hadn’t given him a drop off point for the keys again.

Andromeda space: former location of the planet Anndranna: watch team and Search team.

“You let my wife fly off where?” Cadet Nah had Cadet Rikane by the collar as the two teams met to figure out a plan.

“We didn’t let her. She kind of stowed away. She was checking out a symbol on top of the ship and when it came to life she fell into the ship. She’s with the Captain and Cadets Tharok and Umbra.” Cadet Rikane mentioned before slowly shifting his density to become intangible and escape Cadet Nah’s grip.

“We’ll find her Jo. We’ve lost her before and we’ll find her again. We’ll find all of them.” Cadet Garth Ranzz reassured them all.

“We haven’t seen any ships or gotten any new readings though.” Cadet Astor pulled up their readings on to this ships system.

“So where are they then…” Cadet Garth Ranzz looked out at the vast space before them.

Outside the Cadet’s Ships amongst the asteroids.

“Where are you Tharok? You were supposed to find the ship before those brats. Now the Science Police are crawling all over this place.” The Dark Man sat in his cloaked ship watching Anndranna’s location just like the Cadets had been. He had every piece of information on the planet and knew that this place held a secret Tec could help him.

Omni #932152 06/20/17 04:53 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Same location inside the Tesserct.

“So the only thing to do is find that key and open the planet back up.” Captain Allon had finally come to and sat in the pilot’s seat rubbing his neck.

“Well the first key was hidden on the ship so the other key must be here somewhere.” Cadet Wazzo-Nah began looking through the ship’s numerous storage compartments.

“Yeaaah… the key was found in that storage compartment. Think we’d be lucky enough to find the other one there too?” Cadet Umbra looked at Tharok. He had found the key and had said he was “inspecting” that compartment.

“Maybe.” Cadet Tharok gave a smarmy smile. Tharok was unsure if he had actually tossed them in there before he was discovered and the ship started rocketing them into this odd space. Quickly feeling his belt pouches he found the other two keys.

“Nothing in here.” Cadet Umbra wasn’t shocked.

“We’ll let’s start searching. There are at least 50 compartments alone in this small ship.” Captain Allon instructed them each started to search.

“Alright... I just need to drop the key in this one here and then relock…” Cadet Tharok thought while he used his omni-compager to relock it as if the computer hadn’t unlocked it when it came on line.

“Captain, this compartment didn’t open like the rest. I’m attempting to open it now.” Cadet Tharok hoped this would work.

Connecting his omnicom to the ships systems Cadet Tharok re-unlocked the compartment. The light outlining it and instantly the key was there in his hands and scanned and placed into Captain Allon’s hands.

“Here goes nothing. Everyone buckle up.” Captain Allon placed the new key into the slot next to the first one and instantly the ship made its way down to the planet. Each of them looked at the giant golden planet before them. The field slowly dropping revealing that the planet itself was a golden hue as well.

The ship made its decent smoother than their trip their entering a triangle gate of light just beyond the shield. Cadets Umbra and Wazzo-Nah looked at each other.

<Threshold?> Cadets Umbra and Wazzo-Nah thought over their Legion telepathic earplug link channel.

Instantly the ship exited the triangular gate of light and was on the planet. A dead world that was almost as pristine as the day it entered the Tesserect. The buildings were both fully constructed and completely destroyed. The air hung heavy around the four of them as they walked. Cadet Tharok taking readings of everything and backing it up on to his pager omnicom in order to give it to the Dark Man. He was where the Dark Man wanted to be.

“So where to now? We need to find a way to return this planet to its rightful spot for us to get back to ours.” Cadet Wazzo-Nah looked around at the rubble it was like a warzone mixed with a Rockwell painting from the early 20th century that had been rediscovered within the last 200 years in an old museum that had fallen beneath Old New York after the quakes of the late 22nd century.

“We’ll the ship listed another key that we need to find and its system says we should head to the center of this city and look for…” Captain Allon started.

“A mausoleum.” Cadet Umbra looked straight ahead and there it was before them down a long row of demolished buildings and in the center of the city. A small white/gray building its columns wrapped in golden ivy and its torches burning blue laser light instead of flames.

Last edited by Omni; 06/20/17 04:54 PM.

Omni #932153 06/20/17 04:58 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
“The ship doesn’t give us any information about what’s in there or how to unlock the Tesseract?” Cadet Wazzo-Nah asked.

“No. it’s cryptic as everything else. It’s as if whoever programmed this ship assumed who ever would be flying it would know what they were coming for.” Captain Allon answered.

“That’s clear. These people aren’t just secretive they are downright puzzling.” Cadet Umbra sneered.

“As puzzling as they were they were sprocking geniuses! The Tec readings I’m getting are off the chart for the intact buildings. Each outfitted with some serious security and then that gate we went through. My omnicom couldn’t make heads or tails of it.” Cadet Tharok continued to take readings impressed by the readings and schematics he was getting. As sophisticated as they were he could crack into them and get everything he needed to replicate their designs with the exception of the gate of light.

“Alright we’ll were here and we need the third and final key to open the mausoleum. Spread out and look around cadets.” Captain Allon stood next to one of the columns patting it down for secret compartments.

Cadet Tharok scanned the mausoleum looking for compartments to hide the key in but he didn’t find any. Slowly his green laser light passed over the door way and next to it was a hole in the shape of the third key.

“How can I hide this key?” Cadet Tharok thought to himself. But with Cadet Umbra watching his every move he couldn’t easily find it. It might even be for the best if he didn’t find the key at all this time.

Cadet Tharok found a pile of rubble near the mausoleum and dropped the key quickly into it.

“Now just need one of the plebes to find it.” Cadet Tharok thought to himself quickly moving away from the spot to scan elsewhere. He hopped no one saw him.

Captain Allon and the cadets searched for 20 minutes trying to find something that would lead them to the next key and out of this ghost world. Cadet Tharok went back to scanning the technology around him.

“Found it!” Cadet Wazzo-Nah called. She had gone over to the area Tharok had been in to do a double check. She knew her hands could get places his couldn’t and she didn’t see him scan it so she figured he thought there couldn’t be anything there.

Quickly running to the mausoleum Cadet Wazzo-Nah placed the key in the wall next to the door. A single light of white light traveled up from the top of the golden key and traced through the entire mausoleum outlining the edges of the building and then the columns. With a puff of dust the door began to side open. Its engines roaring to life for the first time in 600 years. The mausoleum’s white glow extended outward gently bathing the cadets who looked up at the golden shield above their heads but it wasn’t going anywhere.

“So there’s more to this…” Cadet Tharok Thought to himself when he watched the white light line travel up to the roof of the mausoleum and a small ball of light began to build getting brighter and brighter until finally a beam of white light blasted up into the sky and began to vibrate the golden shield above them revealing their sky to be not the starry night sky of space but a wall of white light.

“AHHHHHr?!” Cadet Umbra called out almost fainting a little as the golden field which was also a photon image casting shield revealed the blazing white light ceiling above them.

“Umbra!” Cadet Wazzo-Nah called out grabbing her around the waist leading her into the mausoleum behind Captain Allon who started his way inside.

“What’s wrong cadet?” Captain Allon turned once they were inside.

“She’s affected by that light barrier around the planet. The shield must have blocked its light from her sensing its presence.

“Tinya...it’s like the Ark. The light’s resonance is so melodic.” Cadet Umbra slumped against the wall for a moment. Her mind a bit of a haze. The light didn’t hurt it just made Umbra’s mind fuzzy as its energy balanced itself along the edge of the shadow spectrum.

“The Ark?” Cadet Wazzo-Nah looked on in confusion.

Re: Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 5/29/2017
Omni #932154 06/20/17 05:02 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Same location outside the Tesserect

“Calm down Jo.” Cadet Garth Ranzz tried to calm down his fellow cadet but short of hearing from Tinya he knew not much was going to help.

“I am calm. But I can’t just sit here. So I’m going to take a transuit and search this sector of space myself.” Cadet Nah finished putting on his transuit as a bright glow began to appear before the cadets cruisers.

“What is the….” Cadet Lour was cut off as she and all the other cadets were blinded by the appearance of a giant pyramid of white hot hard light.

“It can’t be.” Cadet Garth Ranzz stared out into the void of space where Anndranna was and in its place was a giant pyramid of white hard light just like the one a portion of Cadet Ranzz’s psyche had been held captive in and gave the Legion its first glimmer at home when they had been lost before.

<Is that what I think it is?> Cadet Nah thought over the Legion’s telepathic communications link standing in awe and horror at what that hard light pyramid around the planet could mean.

Re: Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 5/29/2017
Omni #932155 06/20/17 06:44 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Fuzzball: Mission to save Captured Gear.
Roll call:

Cadet Ral Benem of Mardru -Ability to stimulate plant growth

Encyclopedia Galactica: Fuzzball joined the United Planets in 2979 during its age known as the “Great Expansion”. The United Planets was in its most peaceful state and accepting many new planets and sentients into the fold. Fuzzball an M-Class planet with thick and highly dense jungles and forest covering much of its surface was a planet originally believed to be uninhabited. The dominant humanoid feline beings on the planet couldn’t speak Interlac and had no known verbal language to the colonist. They had also been in hiding for the first year of the colonization and were regarded as nothing more than myth of scared sentients in a new environment. After their debut there was a brief war for a year and then peace was settled between the two groups. Now Fuzzball an upstanding member and vacation destination for nature lovers of the United Planets has begun industrializing and the United Planets first Arboretum Cities with residents living in the giant trees around the Eullza Valley’s. All the cities are solar powered and only use the existing trees interior while still giving all the comforts of modern life. The feline race still mostly living in their tribal villages have begun to incorporate modern technology into their daily lives.

“Science Police Protocol: Rule 12-3omega. – No personnel shall venture out on mission without informing mission control and with no less than three members per squad.” The cruiser’s A.I. toned as it only registered two cadets again.

“I’ve always hated that rule.” Cadet Dumaka strolled off the cruiser taking in the think musky air of Fuzzball a bright sunny day on the landing pad for the spaceport that was high above the trees; one of three stations on all Fuzzball greeted them.

“Well we checked in and a third wasn’t free. Besides the forest here are too dense for almost everyone. If it wasn’t for this flying belt I don’t even know how far I’d get.” Cadet Benem smiled warmly as he patted he stomach and the flight belt. He wasn’t fat but he wasn’t the fittest cadet. But he did his best always to try.

“Hmmm yes plant head, you will need that. I on the other hand must lose something.” Cadet Dumaka slowly pulled at the zipper of her navy and light blue cadet uniform revealing a coat of thick reddish brown fur covering her entire body and her small tan-ish yellow shorts and bikini top of the same color.

Cadet Benem began to blush and hurriedly turned away.

“Humph… like what you see plant head.” Cadet Dumaka smirked while tossing back her head a little her fluff of wild brown and white streaked hair about her face.

“Oh... I mean yes you’re very attract. Sorry I didn’t mean to stare. I just didn’t expect you to strip down here.”

“Uhmm…Ral, this is the strip down station. Everyone has to strip down to be decontaminated from all pollutants and the heat and humidity don’t allow for standard clothing. Here this is for you.” Cadet Dumaka handed Cadet Benem a small tan loin cloth with a devilish grin baring her sharp teeth.

“Is there a bigger size?” Cadet Benem gulped and blushed.

“Hahahah. It’s auto adjustable. Just put it on.” Cadet Dumaka threw the skimpy looking garment at him playfully.

Cadet Benem began to pull at his uniforms zipper and instantly a privacy shield went up.

“What happened?” cadet Benem continued to undress.

“Thought I’d be nice and enact the privacy shield. They have them for the tourist.” Cadet Dumaka winked playfully.

“I don’t remember these the last time I was here.” Cadet Benem finished stripping and put on the loin cloth a small burst of air let out as it expanded and then reshaped to fit his frame. The shield dropping instantly after that.

“New as of about three years ago when sciences discovered how many pollutants were being carried on world through clothes, hair, and dirt cells we carry on us. To help keep Fuzzball safe and pure to the way it was when it was colonized this was one of the policies put in place. Now let’s get a move on.” Cadet Dumaka handed him his flight belt before they boarded the shuttle down to the surface.

45 minutes later the shuttle landed just outside of the small city simply known as Colony the first settlement on Fuzzball. Colony wasn’t far from the Hilfa Mountain where the Duzza root grew and Cadet Dumaka’s people’s tribal grounds were. The two Cadets left the shuttle quickly. Cadet Dumaka looked at Cadet Benem and winked before taking off on all fours running at full speed. Cadet Benem tapped his flight belt and took off after her. The right of the landing pad’s smooth surface gave way to tall reeds of grass just before jungle of thick giant trees. Cadet Dumaka couldn’t help but smile as she ran. It had been a while since she had been home. The Cadet’s weekend off she could have come back but chose to stay at the Academy. The sun light pushed through the tree’s leaves scattering the light. Her people had long helped to prune the trees of their branches to allow sunlight through to help grow the plants below.

“Sniff! Sniff!” Cadet Dumaka had stopped on top of a root the size of the cruiser they took to Fuzzball her claws digging into the dark roots wood. Its harsh smell filled her nostrils as she dug them in deeper. It was home and she breathed it in deeply.

“What do you smell?” Cadet Benem finally caught up wobbling a little as he was still getting used to the flight belt.

“Home.” April smiled and even though her fangs were showing she couldn’t have looked happier or more harmless. Cadet Benem realized he had never seen her look like this and he smiled back.

The humidity was high making Cadet Benem’s blond hair stick to his forehead. Even with the wind from the flying didn’t provide much relief as the air was so thick. Sitting on the root next to Cadet Dumaka he took a deep breath before pulling out his omnicom from the pouch of his chest straps he grabbed from the shuttled.

“The Duzza root according to my old files, the most recent Agricultural feeds, and global scans…”

“Is up that trail way and then just up the side of Hilfa and grows next to the hot bath pool. I know, my people made trails and signs for the trails long ago. It’s 3040 clicks from here.” April answered pointing over towards a clearly outlined trail when a small sign floated down from the tree closest to the trails opening. April scrunched her nose.

“What is it?” Cadet Benem caught the look.

“Seems the settlers have upgraded the signs.” April pointed to the floating sign her head hanging a bit before raising it back up.

“Progress.” Cadet Benem gave a small smile.

“We should go. But my tribe’s home is just 200 clicks that way. Can we stop there first?” April asked.

“Of course Cadet Dumaka.” Cadet Benem replied smiling.

“Please call me April. It’s my name well the closest translation of it any.”

“Alright April and please call me Ral.” Ral smiled as he tapped his flight belt and took off towards in the direction April had pointed to. Winking at April and taking a lead.

“RwWWWW” April roared into the forest signaling her return to her people and smile spread across her face before she galloped after Ral.

Omni #932156 06/20/17 06:59 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Asteroid RumCok-8
Roll call:

Captain Gim Allon- Captain and headmaster of the Science Police Special Unit Training Academy
Apparition - Tinya Wazzo Nah –intangibility of Bzgtl of U247
Umbra (Tasmia Mallor) – shadow caster. Of Talok IV U247
Cadet James Cullen of Xanthu - Ability to cast stasis fields using belt.
Cadet Tharok of unknown – hacker genius. Capable of making any type of weapon from any part.
Cadet Ayrla of Dyrlia - Gravity negation
Cadet Staq Mavien of Shawr - breathes fire
Cadet Gil Swanson of Earth -able to switch people’s powers at will, must touch person to do it. Flight. Invisibility
Cadet Lonny Evening of Myar –sentient being of ink. Makes ink projectiles. Can transform into humanoid form.
Cadet Jedediah Rikane of Earth – density control. Super dense and strong to immaterial phantom.
Live Wire - Garth Ranzz - electrical generation and manipulation, and elemental transmutation of Winath of U247
Ultra Boy - Jo Nah- Super-strength, super-speed, flight, invulnerability, flash vision, and "penetra-vision" (all approximately at Kryptonian power levels), only one of which can be used at a time. Of Rimbor U247
Cadet Mory Lour of Omegons -Teleportation
Cadet Myke-4 Astor of Calish-Aetia -Able to recall portion of powers of those he's touched.

Other side of the Hard light pyramid.

“Tharok did it! Anndranna and all of her secrets are mine! Hahahah!” the Dark Man laughed into the echoes of his ship as he watched the hard light pyramid slowly fold back and reveal the planet of Anndranna inside its center.

On Anndranna:

<Tasmia, are you alright> Cadet Wazzo-Nah asked over the legion’s channel on the telepathic comlink.

<I’m fine Tinya. The abundance just caught me off guard and there was much more of it this time.>

<Yeah, you mentioned the Ark?> Tinya furrowed her brow while she tended to Cadet Umbra and Captain Allon looked around the mausoleum for a light switch.

<Yes, you remember in the second galaxy we found the Ark that contained the Threshold technology and Omniphagos.> Umbra didn’t understand why Tinya didn’t remember what she was talking about.

<It sounds familiar from the files I read when I got back. Jo mentioned something about it. But I’ve never seen the Ark before.> Tinya confessed. The dark and dusty mausoleum slowly came to life as the energy building on the roof to open the shield was finally entering the inside of the mausoleum.

<Sorry Tinya. I have to remind myself sometimes that that wasn’t the real you but the illusion of you that Saturn Girl brought to life.> Even though Umbra had forgiven Imra, it was clear Umbra still harbored slight anger at the intrusion to her mind and betrayal they all felt was clear through the link and the fact that Umbra used Imra’s code name spoke volumes to Tinya.

<I understand.> Tinya having her own issues with Imra portraying her in the second galaxy during the first time the Legion was lost.

<Anyway, the Ark housed the Omniphagos, a creature that ate everything and everyone in its path and the more it ate the bigger it got. It eventually combined with Element Lad…the Progenitor. Garth died saving us all from that thing.> Umbra shuttered for a moment.

<Are you thinking the Omniphagos is somewhere on this planet?> Tinya’s eyes winded a little bit.

<Maybe. We never knew where it came from and if reality is rewriting to include us personally and as a team then that’s a threat we have to face.> Umbra’s eyes adjusted to the light the two of them realizing they needed to check back in to the matters at hand.

“Captain, the white sky has lifted from around the planet and the star constellations match those of where Anndranna was and the blue light from their Dwarf Sun. Captain the ship led to Anndranna and we’ve rediscovered a lost planet. A lost civilization and advanced technology. Some of this stuff is simply incredible.” Cadet Tharok came rushing into the mausoleum and instantly began scanning the room about him.

“Sprock. There goes that 50 credits.” Captain Allon quipped running his own scans.

“What’s this?” Cadet Wazzo-Nah found a consol that had just lit up. The screen showed a running pattern across the screen. Looking down Cadet Wazzo-Nah realized the symbols running across the screen were the same buttons on the consol. Without hesitation she began hitting the sequence of the symbols.

“What are you doing Cadet?” Captain Allon quickly came to see what was going on as the lights above them flickered a bit.

“I think this is how we get in. When the consol came to life, this sequence was running across the screen and quickly and it repeated its self five times before I started entering it in. it’s much like how the ship was with the codes it sent out to get to this planet. Repetitive and waiting to be imputed.” With that last word Cadet Wazzo-Nah‘s prediction was right as the mausoleum came to life. Walls flipping over and revealing monitors, physical papers in filing cabinets mixed with a form of omnicoms but more like pagers and various consoles.

Captain Allon and the Cadets had moved to the center of the room while the walls transformed. Before the ground beneath them began to shift.

“What’s happening now?” Cadet Tharok yelled as they all moved out of the way. The floor slowly parted ice cold burst of smoke erupted from the opening in the floor slowly a chamber rose up from underneath the floor while more streams of smoke burst forth until the floor was covered.

“What is this thing?” Cadet Umbra moved in closer looking at the tank before them. Umbra put her hand out to touch it and instantly pulled it back within inches of the tank. The cold projecting off of it was enough to be felt easily.

“It’s a cryo-tank. Cryogenics was a big thing once upon a time and even certain cultures still practice it today.” Cadet Tharok scanned the cryo-tank.

“So someone’s in there. Is that what this place is one giant prison for who or whatever is inside that container?” Cadet Wazzo-Nah asked.

Omni #932157 06/20/17 07:04 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Cadet Cruiser above Anndranna

“Cadets the planet below us is the missing planet Anndranna. Sergeant Erin was right. The ship lead here and our team are down there. Cadet Swanson I want you to stay up here with the larger cruiser in case anything happens. While Cadet Mavien will pilot down the other ship with Cadet’s Nah, Ayrla, Rikane, and Cullen. Meanwhile Cadet Lour will blip me, Cadet Astor, and Cadet Evening down to the surface.” Cadet Garth Ranzz looked around and everyone was ready.

Cadet Nah knew that this was for the best. If he went down there and if Tinya was hurt he might fly off the handle and he wasn’t going to risk Tinya or anyone else for that matter and this way Garth could give him a heads up before he tore down thru the atmosphere of Anndranna. Cadet Lour’s liquid purple body began to glow and her body bubbled up with small burst of light erupting until her form began extending out around the cadets in a swirl of liquid and light they blipped out and were gone.

“That really doesss look like the worssst way to travel.” Cadet Mavien quipped while he and the cadets ran to their cruiser.

The Mausoleum on the Anndranna surface.

“Tharok have you decrypted these systems yet so that we can find out who or what is in this cryo-chamber?” Captain Allon hovered over Cadet Tharok who was seated on a stone carved seat at a consol in the back corner of the mausoleum.

“I’m working on it. But I haven’t gotten anything yet.” Cadet Tharok

“Cadet Wazzo-Nah can you phase through it?” Captain Allon turned to her hoping she could shed some light at least.

“I can’t. I have a tendency to short circuit systems when I phase through them and the older they are the more likely it’s going to happen.” Cadet Wazzo-Nah hugged herself.

Outside the mausoleum the other cadets arrived but so did the Dark Man.

“BLIP!”

“AHHH oh my garters we made it!” Cadet Astor ran away from Cadet Lour and Cadet Garth Ranzz, who was bent over breathing deeply next to cadet Lour.

“I never want to travel that way again!” Cadet Astor breathed heavily his breathing apparatus making his voice sound like a synthiod as he was on all fours.

“Yeah, definitely not my favorite way to travel. But we’re here.” Cadet Garth Ranzz stood and tapped the side of his flight ring to see if he could find Cadets Umbra and Wazzo-Nah’s flight ring signal. He didn’t want to call them over the holo caller if they were in trouble.

“It’s not that bad and you just gotta get over the nausea.” Cadet Lour said with a shrug.

“Seriously. What inkpies.” Cadet Evening gave Cadet Lour a high five her ink body firm but still moveable under Anndranna’s gravity.

The four cadets began following Cadet Garth Ranzz’s ring to the Captain and the other cadets. The air around them was stale and the blue light casting the deserted and crumbling world in a mystic haze. Cadet Ranzz threw up a couple of halogen balls mixed with neon to light the world around them a bit more.

The cadets kept an eye out as they moved in a triangle with Cadet Garth Ranzz at the front. Cadet Astor whose mind was open with a 10th of Cadet Ardeen’s telepathy scanned around. The light from Cadet Lour’s eyes was bright ready to Blip at a moment’s notice. But behind the cadets slowly slinking along from half shelter to half shelter the Dark Man followed them. Trying his best to stay out of sight until he can get to the Anndrannian technology for himself.

“I’ll have it. Soon.” The Dark Man slinked along thinking this too himself his red eyes glowing from underneath his purple hood.

Re: Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 6/20/2017
Omni #932355 06/24/17 02:02 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Hey Omni,

Sorry I've not caught up in a while, though here are my thoughts as I'm reading:

It's sweet that Lyle is going to visit Querl, and I could feel his disappointment that it was Laurel who met him. I can relate to suddenly having 187 extra tasks on the list to get completed smile Though what will happen to nannites Brainy is working on? There's too many horrible possibilities - he must know that he's being manipulated?

Dreamer giving Jacques the flight ring was cute - especially liked the bio-illumination that means the team can at last see him.

Gear on the Fit-It squad makes sense, and those memory stones are an interesting tool - are they your own creation as I may need to copy it. The tasks they have - Magno losing his powers, etc. are interesting. I'm looking forward to reading what you pick out as the important parts of the teams history to reinstate them onto the reality they're in now. I don't really know the reboot before Legion Lost so it's great for me to get an overview of that period of the teams canon history.

I really like your unregistered metas plotline, it helps put this world into perspective - the choice of serve as a cadet or live on the run with little or no safety.

Meta is really defensive, isn't she? I'd be the same in her place.

Like that no-one wants to live on the top 100floors as the lift is a killer - that made me laugh.

Having Sizzle drain Radiation Roy of excess energy was a good touch. Also great that it was Meta who introduced Cham and Gear as the Legion. Maybe she isn't as defensive as I thought.

It's great how different Catspaw and Lu think about hunting the rogue metas. I kind of wish Lu would punch Gim over this too. Beast Boy enjoying being a bird was fun, as was the brief description of Lallorian birds. It's also really good that Lu is trying to fulfil the cadet expectations while not compromising her friends. this clash is going to be interesting!

Cadet Rehtu is a sneaky bugger - I quite like him, though poor Roy, that's a nasty fear to have played out.

I like Catspaw's attitude. She's feisty and totally focussed.

Really like the alien birds you had Cadet Nor turn into, especially the magnetic Fral, and a snake to wrap up Blast Off's arms was good. Thom taking out Triad without causing any real damage was well done.

Catspaw hurting Gear and instantly regretting it was sweet, and her trying to help him was well done. Given her bravado earlier this was a nice twist.

Star Boy and Gear getting caught wasn't a great ending for this mission, and Reeps thoughts on it was spot on. Things will have to come to a head soon as it's tough on the team being split like this - it could lead to real problems between the team mates if it goes on too long. But then, character clashes are always fun so I'm not complaining smile

I'm looking forward to bondage master Grimbor's new League of Assassins, it's only logical that the meta-criminals would see the potential threat the cadets would be to them and so start their own organisation.

That's all I have time for tonight Omni, I'll get onto the rest later in the week.

Looking forward to seeing where you take the team/s from here, and, of course, reading more, more, more!

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
Page 21 of 37 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 36 37

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,018
Posts1,044,863
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Bedlam Lad
Bedlam Lad
Bradford, UK
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star