Roll Call
0 members (), 16 Murran Spies, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by thoth lad - 03/28/24 09:14 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by idle - 03/28/24 09:13 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by Gaseous Lad - 03/28/24 08:46 AM
Share more completely random things!
by Invisible Brainiac - 03/28/24 06:23 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 03/28/24 06:22 AM
Kill This Thread XLIX - We're Getting Old
by Invisible Brainiac - 03/28/24 06:21 AM
Postlo3w stories *LATEST UPDATE 28 MARCH*
by razsolo - 03/28/24 06:18 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 22 of 37 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 36 37
Re: Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 6/20/2017
Omni #932621 06/29/17 09:06 AM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Hi Harbinger I'm glad your liking the story and i can't wait for your next review.

The Memory Stone's are my invention but your more than welcome to them. there are many stones that enhance psychic abilities, so i figured a society around one such as premonition would have something that would boots or store their dreams.

Your not Wrong about Meta. She is defensive. but for good reason and she's going to play everything close to the chest so you won't know what to expect from her.

Brainy might have his suspicions but has no proof and thinks its just busy work to keep him from blowing up the planet.

I hope i can do justice to the Reboot's cannon then. I'm sure IB will call me on anything if I've got it wrong. But I've got my work cut out for me.

I'm having fun with Beast boy and his transformations. i have a bit of a fascination with shapeshifters, especially those limited like him.

Gim and Lu and maybe sparing over this before we know it. Star boy wasn't one of the captured but his is wearing something that could land all of our cadet's in some serious hot water...

I'm glad Rehtu has grown on you. he's a fav or mine that i enjoy playing with on missions.

Things are going to come to a head with the nannites soon but who knows the damage might be done for some of their relationships.

LofA will be a thorn for sure. lol bondage master Grimbor. hahah laugh

read the adventures of the Reboot Legion!

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001232
Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 7/6/2017
Omni #933110 07/06/17 07:08 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Fuzzball: Mission to save Captured Gear.
Roll call:

Cadet April Dumaka of Fuzzball - Cat-like speed and agility, enhanced senses, and retractable claws.
Cadet Ral Benem of Mardru -Ability to stimulate plant growth

Ral flew through the trees dodging low hanging heavy green vines. A fuzzy hazel moss falling off them every time he flew by disturbing their rest. Ral’s flying was pretty steady but he had a little trouble maneuvering himself around so many trees. Even though Ral had a head start April caught up and passed him in no time running along the jungle floor at top speed climbing over giant roots and flowers. April jumped up on to a tree trunk climbing high and began jumping from tree trunk to tree trunk. A wide smile on her face her hair bouncing about her and just as quickly as she had started going from tree trunk to tree trunk she was back on the jungle floor running underneath a flying Ral. The edge of the April’s tribe was in sight. Two 6’3 tall muscular black and brown furred guards standing in the entrance a small wall of redwood logs surrounding the front of the village as the back side was in front of a giant tree, according to her people the oldest in this part of the jungle. Their village has been here for over 100 years. April ran headstrong at the entrance.

“Halt!” the black furred guard yelled at April but all she did was smile back at him. Her eyes were wide with excitement.

“RewwWWWWW” the brown furred guard yelled at her and instantly April halted.

“RaaaawwwwwwwwwMWW” April proud and loudly pronounced herself to her people.

Ral flew above not sure what to make of this greeting. He hadn’t interacted with many of the native Fuzzballian’s when he was here with the Agriculturalist of Tomorrow. Ral landed next to April his feet sinking into the dirt a bit.

“April is everything out?” Ral asked smiling at the guards who looked him up and down with a small growl.

“Things are fine Ral. Grrrrraaaaawwwlll” April turned from Ral and growled at the guards establishing him as under her protection. Only the ambassadors from the colonies have come into their village. Even though there was peace it was an unspoken rule that they would never enter their village unless invited.

The two tall muscular guards towered over the two of them as they passed through the gate. Ral smiled at both but they both just bared their sharp teeth at him with a slight growl. April knew that they were just doing their job but even she thought they were being a bit much and glared with snarl back making sure this time they understood her. April and Ral walked into the bustling village of tan and red Hilfa hid huts. Children running through the town center and the smell of Hilfa deer stew with juju beans and cabbage a new import the ambassadors had introduced. April saw the stew being made in several huts, each hut made from Hilfa hides with small lines but as they walked and saw a long line from one of the huts. It was the longest by far but April didn’t expect to see a hut with no smoke coming from it but a food replicator that was cranking out twice as much stew as the huts making it the traditional way.

“Replicators have nothing on the traditional way. It doesn’t have the same…” April was searching for the word in Interlac.

“Heartiness is the world I believe you’re looking for young one.” standing in the hut next to them was a hunched over older feline woman. Her soft gray fur poking out of her shawl while her hair was stylized with two small braids from her temples black streaks running though it and the rest of her long hair that extended down to her shoulders. Her eyes were a luminescent green.

“Gran!” April ran over and hugged the hunched feline woman.

“Ral, this is my Gran. She’s my ...what you would call nanny or pack mother. My village is led by our queen Arfmura and Gran and the other pack mothers safe guard the children and food sources. Those not chosen to be a pack mother are part of the tribes military and hunter groups. ” April pulled Ral over who smiled warmly while extending his hand out palm up. Gran smiled back at the young and clearly nervous cadet and licked his palm a sign of welcome and affection. April beamed again having only seen this once before from Gran.

“Uhhh ….Thank you.” Ral smiled again he had read up on the greeting of April’s people on the way there.

“Thank you for brining my April back to me.” Gran smiled again and took April’s had.

“I’m not back to stay. I’m here on a mission to save an injured sentient.” April’s smile faded as did Gran’s a little.

“But I wanted to stop in and see how things are…and they seem…new.” April did her best to smile.

“The old ways are still here catspaw…just new toys have come into play. But don’t worry new toys come and go but the old ways endure.” Gran smiled and ran her long claws across gently April’s face ruffling her fur a little like she used to when she was a little kitten.

“I hope your right Gran.”April smiled but she’s been out in the universe and she’s seen and met other cultures like hers were the technology almost infects their way of life. April enjoyed many of the conveniences while at the academy but she spent as much time out on the laws and nearby cliff sunbathing. If it wasn’t for having to share her room it would be much more like her hut here on Fuzzball.

“April…I hate to interrupt but we should get going to find the flower fungus of the Duzza root.” Ral pulled April back to their mission.

“Duzza root isn’t blooming right now and we’re a ways off from the Paruza.” Gran spoke skeptical of their mission.

“What is Paruza?” Ral looked at them razing a thick sweaty eyebrow.

“It’s the paralyzing form that you found in my pouch.” April explained.

“Ahh…and as far as it not blooming I can help with that.” Ral pulled out a small seed and focused his energy. A neon green light swirled around the seed and instantly a small bushel of graka grapes a favorite of his as a child.

“Magic?” Gran’s eyes widened. But neither Ral nor April could tell if it was in fear or fascination.

“No. Not exactly…April I’m not sure we have the time to explain DNA and a Meta gene.”

“Oh you posses the meta gene or as the prefix meta in this context, simply means "beyond"—as in metastable, which is beyond regular stability and ready to collapse at the slightest disruption, or metamorphosis, which is the state of going beyond a single shape. I believe it was the Dominators’ research who pointed out that the Meta-gene is contained inside every cell of the human body. Oh and magic is accessible through the Meta gene as it is has the potential to manipulate all forms of energy and most mystics are of a family line.” Gran smiled at Ral her eyes keenly on him.

“I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have assumed.” Ral began before Gran smiled again. She saw he meant no ill will.

“Gran’s our resident genus.” April smiled.

“She mean’s geneticist. When the colonist first came I left and studied science to bring back to my people when we were facing a change in our bodies or as more of the universe knows it as Alopecia universalis, which thankfully we’ve found a cure for.” Gran looked at a few of the children running around their fur growing back where there were bald spots before.

“Still learning my Interlac. It’s been harder than I thought. But Gran we must go.” April held Gran’s hand as the smell of Hilfa stew wafted about them in the hot jungle.

“Be safe Catspaw.” Gran smiled taking April’s hands in hers handing her a small claw.

“Keep sake. I meant to give it to you before you left.” Gran smiled again letting go. April smiled back and took the claw. It was attached to a leather rope quickly placing it around her neck her and Ral left the village center.

Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 7/6/2017
Omni #933112 07/06/17 07:17 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Anndranna RumCok-8
Roll call:

Captain Gim Allon- Captain and headmaster of the Science Police Special Unit Training Academy
Apparition - Tinya Wazzo Nah –intangibility of Bzgtl of U247
Umbra (Tasmia Mallor) – shadow caster. Of Talok IV U247
Cadet James Cullen of Xanthu - Ability to cast stasis fields using belt.
Cadet Tharok of unknown – hacker genius. Capable of making any type of weapon from any part.
Cadet Ayrla of Dyrlia - Gravity negation
Cadet Staq Mavien of Shawr - breathes fire
Cadet Gil Swanson of Earth -able to switch people’s powers at will, must touch person to do it. Flight. Invisibility
Cadet Lonny Evening of Myar –sentient being of ink. Makes ink projectiles. Can transform into humanoid form.
Cadet Jedediah Rikane of Earth – density control. Super dense and strong to immaterial phantom.
Live Wire - Garth Ranzz - electrical generation and manipulation, and elemental transmutation of Winath of U247
Ultra Boy - Jo Nah- Super-strength, super-speed, flight, invulnerability, flash vision, and "penetra-vision" (all approximately at Kryptonian power levels), only one of which can be used at a time. Of Rimbor U247
Cadet Mory Lour of Omegons -Teleportation
Cadet Myke-4 Astor of Calish-Aetia -Able to recall a 10th portion of powers of those he's touched.

Inside the Mausoleum

“Cadet anything?” Captain Allon was becoming.

“I’m working on it. This system is so archaic!” Cadet Tharok smacked the stone consol with his wiry hand.

The room around them started shaking. Whatever Cadet Tharok had done set something else off.

“What did you do?” Cadet Umbra barked her fist ready to punch Tharok.

“I don’t know.” Cadet Tharok scrambled to infiltrate the system while the mausoleum continued to shake dust, dirt, and small chunks of rock began falling on all of them.

“Everyone out!” Captain Allon yelled.

They all ran out and into the open and before them the ground was opening up. Th dirt falling into a dark abyss before a giant robot began to rise up. Standing at 50 feet tall with blasters on its back. A giant elongated head with a window for its eyes that glowed bright yellow and spry light weight thin legs and arms that were at least 6 feet long. Its hands spread out with three fingers on each and at the center its palms were pulse cannons. The blue light bounced off its gleaning black metal showcasing lines of hidden compartments on the legs and arms.

“Intruders.” Its voice rang throughout the abandoned world.

“What the Sprock!” Cadet Umbra yelled her hands instantly coming to life with her dark shadows that glimmered in the blue light.

“That’s the defense system for clearly what is a giant secret.” Captain Allon took out his blaster.

The other cadets quickly came upon the same robot and instantly Cadet Garth Ranzz was off and flying straight at the robot his hands charged.

“Garth!” Cadet Wazzo-Nah called out with a smile and instantly both she and Cadet Umbra charged in. Cadet Umbra’s shadows extended outward enclosing the robot in a dark field from its head to its torso she wasn’t able to cast the whole robot but cutting off its sensors was something.

Cadet Garth Ranzz threw three bolts of white hot lighting. Cadet Wazzo-Nah running through its legs hoping to pull some wires out or short circuits it. Quickly cutting through the first leg with ease its leg sparking up sending it down onto one knee. When she went to try and take on his other leg it quickly brought up a force field and as soon as Cadet Wazzo-Nah hit the field it bounced her backwards. Captain Allon fired round after round the laser blast hitting its finger talons. Cadet Astor raced around the city to find rope at the tenth of Cadet Orgnats’ speed.

“If we can tie it up it will help!” Cadet Astor’s telepathic voice soft as he was farther away.

“Just get back here! We’ve got to take this thing down!” Captain Allon called back.

The robot began thrashing about as its sensors raged out of control from Cadet Umbra’s dark field. Cadet Garth grabbed a hold of its long left arm his hands glowed bright as he tried to transmute the metal to aluminum to make it more malleable and conductive as the robot adapted to his charges and started to deflect it. Cadet Astor speed in and began punching the robot its arms flailing around barely being able to dodge his hits, with its metallic hide now malleable his hits put many dents throughout its hide. Meanwhile Cadet Evening cast thick stands of ink around the robots right arm trying to hold it in place. But quickly Cadet Evening was being tossed around like a rag doll as the robots strength increased to try and break free of her ink. Cadet Umbra began to sweat trying to keep its head and torso in cased in her dark field. Concentrating hard she began to manipulate it to punch into its torso. But what she didn’t know was that the torso contained torpedoes which began firing out.

Re: Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 7/6/2017
Omni #933113 07/06/17 07:19 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
“Get those torpedoes!” Cadet Garth yelled at Cadet Lour who began bubbling up and with a burst of light she was gone. Another burst of light and liquid surrounded one torpedoe and then another as she Blipped them out into space at the White Dwarf star.

“WEEEOOOOOOO!!!” a pulse erupted from its left hand hitting Cadet Wazzo-Nah sending her flying back again just as she had gotten on her feet and was flying head strong towards its head to take it out. Another swing of its long arms the pulse from the cannon wildly firing from the left hand while the right began snapping away trying to grab hold any of them.

Captain Allon fired again and again. When the ship of Cadets landed. Quickly they all piled out of the cruiser. Cadet Rikane flying over his thick dense dark purple body taking each pulse as they came his way. Cadet Ayrla’s hands began to glow, white balls of light circling her hands causing the pulses to fly up and away from them.

“Cadets get in here and take this thing down!” Captain Allon fired more rounds sweating as he wasn’t sure what to do. Even with Cadet Umbra’s dark field confusing it they still were having a hell of a time beating it. The robots shield began recalibrating after each one of their attacks.

Cadet Garth’s lighting surged though its malleable aluminum hide but the robot began to grow insulation underneath its hide. Cadet Garth’s blue eyes surged with electricity as he tried to push through as much raw power as he could. his hands lighting up. The electricity began surging through his artificial arm. The lighting jumping in between the plates pushing them outward making it look like it was going to burst. But with each blast the robot began to grow another layer of insulation to keep the electricity from frying its circuits. But Cadet Garth was determined to get through and he pushed his lighting even further. The electricity flying around his entire body. But nothing was working. Cadet Mavien stood nearby breathing as much flame as he could at the robots legs, melting it but not causing much more damage. Cadet Ayrla lifted his flames higher and higher doing her best to bath the robot in the flames. Cadet Garth Ranzz changed some of the air around the flickering flames of Cadet Mavien to hydrogen increasing the flames realizing he needed to shift tacktics. Cadet Rikane shifted his density avoiding a swing from its arms and the flying body of Cadet Evening as she had now turned herself into a ball of ink around the robots right hand. If he didn’t know better he’d think it was Cadet Umbra’s dark field. But Cadet Evenings face was circling the ball. He couldn’t tell if it was in pain or in jest as she did her best to dismantle the fingers by flooding them with ink.

Cadet Nah came rocketing out of the cruiser using his flight ring and switching in between super strength and invulnerability smashing straight through Cadet Umbra’s dark field and grabbing hold of the robots head taking it with him. Lifting it above his head Cadet Nah threw the robots head across the city. Instantly flying to his wife who was about to start running back in to fight the robot again.

“Tinya!” Cadet Nah yelled.

“I’m fine Jo! But I don’t think that robots done yet.” Cadet Wazzo-Nah stared at the robot before them and its missing head sent up another three heads but their necks were elongated and their eyes weren’t yellow like the original head but red and they began firing beams while the pulses from his left hand began expanding outward hitting the Cadets and Captain causing each of them to fall over.

Quickly Captain Allon ran back into the mausoleum and yelled for Cadet Tharok.

“Tharok please tell me you’ve found a way to stop this insanity?” Captain Allon ducked as some pebbles fell from ceiling.

“Haha. That’s funny Cap. This system uses bilateral coding and has Hexen firewalls which were the hardest to crack or change for that matter; which ultimately caused their collapse.” Cadet Tharok’s hands pushed every button as hard as he could to make something happen.

Outside the cadets kept up their battle against the hydra like robot. Cadets Rikane and Nah continued to pound on the heads. While Cadet Garth kept transmuting its body to make it weaker. Slowly even transmuting parts of the necks to Freon was the only thing working, as it was the only transmutation he tried where the beginnings of a new head didn’t start to grow and it would release into the atmosphere. Cadet Ayrla’s gravity negation sent the pulses up and outward doing her best to deflect its blast. But their sheer force made her frail body shake. Cadet Astor had yet to unleash the third power he possessed after Cadets Ardeen’s telepathy, and Cadet Nah’s ultra abilities.

Omni #933678 07/12/17 01:44 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Finally got the time to comment on your latest batch Omni, I'll write this as I'm reading it so I may change my mind as I carry on.

Love Catspaws concern over Gear and t's always good to read Kent making an appearance. Ral's time on the Gifted Agriculturalist of Tomorrow sounds like an adventure in itself. Also good to see the cadets helping each other out without asking too many questions or asking for anything in return.

I must admit to getting a little bit muddled in the next section with there being such a large cast, some with similar but not quite names like Ayrla, but that might be my post work brain failing smile

I like the team of Umbra and Tharok, dnt know why but they're both hard asses so perhaps its the potential fight brewing that's so appealing. The ancient threshold technology hiding a planet was a twist, I expected them to be far, far away. And Tharok's ongoing betrayal is great, he's such a little monster. Jo's excessive concern for Tinya is always funny, they are a pair of co-dependent drama queens but I still adore them.

The desolated golden planet is very ominous! And Tharok is still a sneak, he's great.

The Ark? Where the Omniphagos was discovered? That would be very cool if it is.

Yay! A giant floating pyramid in space, it must be the Omniphagos... musn't it?

Fuzzball sounds really idyllic.

Science Police Protocol: Rule 12-3omega - what a pest! Well, Ral could always animate a plant to be their third team member couldn't he?

Funny scene with Catspaw and Ral stripping down, and stopping pollutants from contaminating the world is a good rule to introduce though hopefully not too late.

Catspaw running off and digging her claws into the tree root to enjoy the smell is a nice piece of characterisation. "she couldn’t have looked happier or more harmless" Great line!

The cadets introducing themselves was rather sweet, nice that they acknowledge that they are people, not just entities on a training program.

Tinya and Umbra's dislike of Imra was very realistic, and I imagine they wouldn't be the only Legionnaires that felt that way either. smart of Tinya to figure out the pattern that worked the controls though its another cliffhanger about what's underneath...

“That really doesss look like the worssst way to travel.” Ha! Made me smile.

Poor Cadet Lour, no-one (apart from Cadet Evening of course) gives her the credit she's due. The dark man is as sneaky as ever, nice to see he's not letting the cadets ruin his plan to control the technology.

It's kind of funny that your description of Fuzzball and the natives reminds me of the planet and races in Avatar. The guards snarling at Ral was cute. April and her obvious love for her gran was very sweet. I really appreciate how you have rounded out her character Omni, she's never been a favourite of mine but as you write her she is definitely growing on me. Catspaw's Gran belief in the traditional ways was sweet too. Gran is my new favourite - todays lesson kids, never underestimate your friends gran! haha, she was really well written, with a nice sly humour.

Giant robots defending ancient secrets are a sci-fi trope that never gets old, and I'd forgotten that this Garth is 'Jarth' so was surprised by the transmutation trick, though it was good to see the Legionnaires working as a team to try to subdue it, even as it adapted to their attacks.

Jo to the rescue!

Oh, maybe not...

Is Tharok really trying or is he controlling the robot, or at least taing advantage of the situation?

What is cadet Astor's tird power? I'll have to go back and check now.

Great stuff Omni, you are keeping the excitement flowing while slipping in enjoyable moments of nice character development too, neer an easy task but you're managing just fine.

Looking forward to more, more and much more!

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
Omni #933818 07/14/17 09:54 AM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
thanks for your review Harbinger its always welcome.
I'll work on making the sections with large cast a bit clearer.

I'm glad Tharok is keeping you on you toes. he is a little sneak and he's he's going to keep things interesting. a lot of the questions you have about Tharok on this mission will be answered with in the next few post. oh the fight i want to write him and Umbra into. that would be fun.

Jo and tinya are total Drama queens! laugh

I'm glad you like my Catspaw and i agree she wasn't ever well rounded which in someways is nice. it allows me to play with her more than a standard Legionnaire with a long publishing career. I think that makes two character's i've gotten you to like. Lyle being the other. tongue
I must be doing something right. lol.

Fuzz ball is rather idyllic and glad you liked Gran. i have fun exploring these worlds and a tribal jungle world was just something that speaks to all of us i guess. (Avatar, i'll take that as a good thing. ;-D

i've never been a fan of power houses and so i'm all about the team work.

Don't forget about "Jareth" as things aren't going to be easy for him as i've got some plans there.

I haven't named cadet Astor's third power yet. as of right now he has Imra's telepathy, Jo's ultra abilities and the third is revealed in the next post. but i may put what powers he's currently holding from now on in the roll call.

Thanks again for the review and i hope you like what i have coming.

Last edited by Omni; 07/14/17 10:04 AM.

Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 7/17/2017
Omni #934075 07/17/17 05:37 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
“It’s time to take this thing out!” Cadet Astor screamed his hands bursting forth with ice coating the hydra bot in layer after layer of ice as it traveled up its body.

“Watch it!” Cadet Rikane shifted up his density becoming intangible and missing the ice blast. But Cadet Astor’s blasts were actually having an effect on the robot stopping it in its tracks.

Cadet Garth’s hands glowed blue as he transmuted the hydrogen in the air to water to give Cadet Astor some assistance by only having to freeze the water and not just generate all that ice to try and stop the hydra bot who began firing on the cadets lasers erupting from its eyes of its numerous heads. A stray laser made its way for cadet Astor and Cadet Garth charged up and into the air to intercept it the electricity flying around his body again as he flew straight at the hydra bot. the lighting flying everywhere poured out of him and the electricity began bursting from his prosthetic arm but hadn’t destroyed it yet. But Cadet Garth didn’t care he was just intent on beating the hydra bot.

Cadet Ayrla’s hand glowed brighter as she pushed the robots arms upward with a little help from Cadet Nah. Cadet Evening finally was flung from the robots right hand.

“Ahhhhh” Cadet Evening screamed as she was caught by Cadet Ayrla’s gravity power.

“Got you.” Cadet Ayrla shook a little as she tried to flex her power. But the pulse cannon shot off again and her concentration instantly dropped. Cadet Evening landed down on one knee.

“Ahhh. Well that was a work out.” Cadet Evening smiled playfully jumping right back in and firing strands of black ink attaching them to its body and pulling out torpedoes before they can fire.

Just outside the skirmish between the Cadets and the robot, the Dark Man watched with intensity for his moment to get to Tharok.

“Must get to Tharok…” The Dark Man’s mind was becoming basic and animalist as his quest was coming to an end the hunger to find the answers he needed was insatiable.

The Dark Man’s purple robe was dragging and becoming more tattered as he went but dodging from broken building to broken building and shadow he finally reached the mausoleum’s side wall. The cadets were so busy with the robot he knew they wouldn’t notice his entry.

“Tharok…not alone…so close.” The Dark Man’s eyes glowed a bright red his jaw slacking as he began to salivate under his hood.

“Tharok do it. Just shut it all down. Over load… Something else else. I don’t care.” Captain Allon screamed over the noise of the battle raging outside.

“NOOOOOOOOOO!” The Dark Man screamed lunging into the mausoleum.

“Who the Sprock is this?!” Captain Allon yelled pulling his blaster and aimed for the Dark Man.

“Dark Man?” Cadet Tharok whispered.

“Rawwww! Yes! Do not disconnect anything this world is my salvation.” The Dark Man choked out hunched over his tattered purple robe seemingly getting smaller as he stood before them.

“You know this sentient?” Captain Allon looked at Tharok ready to pull his blaster on him.

“Yes, he gave me a job and that job turns out was to bring him here.” Cadet Tharok stood hanging his head. His greasy brown hair falling into his face.

“What for?” Captain Allon yelled moving his blaster back and forth as he watched the two of them.

“Salvation.” The Dark Man hissed under his hood.

With those words the mausoleum sparked to life once again and stopped shaking. Outside the mausoleum the robot stopped slowly falling to the ground in mid strike almost taking out Cadet Nah with a pulse blast.

Omni #934076 07/17/17 05:42 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
“What just happened?” Captain Allon looked about the blue light of the white dwarf above shone through the ceiling as it had opened up and instantly a hologram appeared before them of a green sentient in a military uniform. His chest was covered in medals of all sizes. His stark grey green eyes stared out at them.

“Welcome back Operative. We knew you’d find your way back to retrieve your general. It has been a long time.” The hologram looked right back at Captain Allon and Cadet Tharok.

“You’ve brought new operatives with you to the cause. We applaud you even if they are not Anndrannian.” Quickly turning its attention back to the Dark Man whose form was heaving more under its robe.

“What is this? What’s going on? Who or what are you?” Captain Allon re-grasped his hands on his blaster.

“You are on Anndranna, a warrior world whose military might and empire was the longest running in the Andromeda galaxy’s history. We ruled with a fair but iron fist. Until we encountered the Federation. They didn’t agree with our practices and we eventually went to war. We were defeated.” The holograms voice was clearly distraught. Even though it wasn’t real it held emotions about the death of its society.

“They dismantled our empire taking many of our worlds to be part of the Federation and our world as much as they could. They forced us to move to a new world as our planet itself was a war installation. The Federation relocated us to Bellatrix.”

“That doesn’t explain why we’re here.” Cadet Tharok chimed in trying to keep the hologram talking. He winked at Captain Allon hoping to get into some good graces.

“We would never let our world and our weapons fall into the hands of the Federation. They said we had to leave it. They didn’t say we couldn’t hide it. We knew that the Federation was young and simply beat up because of sheer numbers. But because of that youth we knew how corrupt they could be. How corrupted our technology could become. We sealed our world away inside a dimensional gateway that we built and on our world we left behind our greatest tactical General.” The hologram made its way to the cryogenic-chamber.

“Who was that?” Captain Allon asked.

“Metrixx-Kanndrnn was our greatest General in a generation. He was well on his way to being Supreme Commander just like his grandfather. Our Supreme Commander, which is the equivalent of a king or dictator according to the Federation, is chosen through who is the best general and highest ranking. Metrixx-Kanndrnn was captured by the Federation. But he was severally injured and they did their best to save him. They bonded him to machines and created a half sentient half machine android. But they didn’t know our weakness to Iron and in strong amounts it makes us delirious. They thought they could use him as a weapon but in his delirium he killed the hospital staff taking care of him as he thought he was in the midst of battle. He began reliving battles. The only way they could subdue him was to cryogenically freeze him and they turned him over to us. We decided to hide him and our world in hopes that one day we would be free of the Federation and return to our world and that day has come Operative.” The General hologram turned to the Dark Man again.

“What kind of Operative?”

“Its Operative Omniphagos.” With that world the Dark Man’s eyes light up glowing brighter than they had before. The holograms words activated the Dark Man’s subconscious and his heaving form began to grow stretching the purple robe and ripping it to shreds. Standing before them was a mini hulking creature that looked like rock. What little that was left of its green skin had fallen around it with the robe.

“What the D’ntaic is that thing?!” Captain Allon yelled aiming and charging his blaster at the creature.

“The Omniphagos was our last chance to stop the Federation. We sent it out into the universe to learn and find its way back to us to unleash its power and our Greatest Legacy. Let there be WAR!” the hologram’s voice was deep and harsh as the Omniphagos opened its mouth and a swirling vortex opened up and began pulling in rocks and dirt. The side wall of the mausoleum began to shake as the vortex grew.

“Get that thing out of here. We can’t lose this world or this General. It could help fight Mordru.” Captain Allon began firing hard core changing his blaster setting from fine and stun to wide and destroy as he knew whatever this thing was it wasn’t anything more than a weapon.

The Omniphagos’ eyes glowed bright and sucked in the energy with ease. Captain Allon kept firing but looked scared.

<Team help! We’ve got a situation. Cadet Lour I need you to teleport something.> Captain Allon thought quickly and instantly a blip of purple was in the mausoleum. Cadet Lour almost screamed at the sight of the Omniphagos before instantly spreading out her purple liquid body and starlight growing bright encircling the Omniphagos and in an instant it was gone.

“Where’d she take it?” Cadet Tharok asked.

Omni #934078 07/17/17 06:12 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
“I don’t know but we’ve got to contain that thing. The hologram called the Metrixx-Kanndrnn General its master. It might know how to stop it. You stay here and try and safely but quickly release the General. I’m going to brief the team and without a word from Cadet Tharok Captain Allon ran out of the mausoleum.

“Cadet’s we’ve got a problem. Has Cadet Lour come back yet?” Captain Allon’s blaster was ready to fire as he moved quickly to the cadets who were standing around the depowered robot.

“No not yet Captain. What’s going on?” Cadet Garth Ranzz looked up as he heard something odd.

“AHHHHHHHHHH” Cadet Lour screamed in pain. The cadets looked up and saw her purple liquid glow bursting outward as she tried to escape and her starlight in an instant was gone.

The Cadet looked up as they saw something falling high from the sky where Cadet Lour had just been.

“Scatter people!” Cadet Nah yelled as he saw the rocky hide fall towards them.

The cadets and Captain Allon scattered and with a giant crash the Omniphagos landed sending a shock wave throughout the ruined city. Buildings around them crumbled from the blast.

“ArrrrraHHHHH” The Omniphagos roared pounding its huge hands against its chest before leaning forward balancing on them. Its hind legs smaller than the rest of him but still very large. Its mouth began to open before the dust settled and the Cadets could see what it was before them.

The vortex from the Omniphagos mouth sucked in the dust, dirt, and debris from the crumbling buildings.

“No!” Cadet Garth Ranzz eyes grew wide in shock and fear. Standing there before him was part of the creature that was responsible for his death. Cadet Garth froze in fear as his mind started trying to call out for Imra. His rock but there was nothing but silence. She was too far away for her to hear him. Cadet Garth’s eyes watered for a moment before his hands began to charge up and the lighting began to surround his body while his right hand glimmered with a small green light.

“What is that this?” Cadet Astor speed up to Captain Allon.

“It’s the Omniphagos.” Captain Allon began firing trying to hit its rocky exterior but nothing was working. For every piece he shot off another grew back in its place and its body grew larger with the more energy and matter it took in.

“Yeah that doesn’t tell me much Captain.” Cadet Astor shot back blasting ice at the Omniphagos.

“It’s the all eater and destroyer of everything.” Cadet Garth chocked out. Both Cadets Nah and Cadet Umbra standing near him trying to get him to lower his lighting field as it began casting outward uncontrollably.

“Breath, Garth. Just breathe.” Cadet Nah shifted to invulnerability as he tried to touch Garth’s shoulder.

<Umbra you were right. The Omniphagos is here.> Cadet Wazzo-Nah ran over still intangible.

<You thought it was here?> Cadet Garth turned on Cadet Umbra his eyes wide with lighting bouncing around his irises.

<We came through a Threshold to get to this planet. This society discovered Threshold technology 600 years ago and they used the dimensional doorway to lock this world away inside the much expanded ark. It just made sense it might be here and this reality has rewritten so much of our history it was just a matter of time.> cadet Umbra responded over the Legion’s telepathic link. Her black eyes never leaving Garths. She knew what it was like to fear something that almost destroyed her from the inside out and what it was like to take this beast head on. But she also knew the only way to face it was to fight it.

“We’ll take him out. It can’t eat if it is froze.” Cadet James Cullen’s hands glowed a bright purple pink before casting it at the Omniphagos. The Omniphagos’ mouth was still open wide taking the stasis energy deep within itself.

“What? It can’t do that!” Cadet James Cullen threw another blast of stasis energy at it flying high above it and it worked as its head couldn’t look up to suck the energy in and it stalled the Omniphagos.

“That thing won’t stop until it eats everything.” Cadet Garth Ranzz said his voice cold as he informed the Captain.

“How do you know that Cadet?” Captain Allon’s suspicions were raised. He hoped Cadet Ranzz wasn’t also in league with the creature before them.

“We’ve encountered it on our travels and the only way to stop it was to lock it away. It eats everything in its path. No matter what and it grows larger with each thing it eats.” Cadet Garth’s lighting began to subside as he informed everyone but the crackle still lingered in his eyes and his artificial arm where it gently bounced from plate to plate.

“He’s right. It’s the only way to take out that weapon.” Came a gruff voice from the steps of the mausoleum. A slender tall half green sentient half android leaned on the shoulders of Cadet Tharok.

The Legionnaire Cadets stood there in slight shock and wide eyed as they saw Metrixx-Kanndrnn who looked like a version of their old universes Tharok but half green and much weaker. But standing next to this reality’s Cadet Tharok the Legionnaire Cadets had another fear come to light as they may have just witnessed the origins of this universes’ Cadet Tharok becoming the one they knew.

“How do we do tthat? He ttook out our ttteleporter and we don’t even know if sssshe’sss ok.” Cadet Mavien pointed to the night sky above them where Cadet Lour was last seen.

“Overrrr here actually.” Cadet Lour crawled out from behind a building her purple bubbly liquid form barely holding itself together and the starlight within her flashed out gently.

Cadet Astor speed over and picked her up and brought her into the group.

“We need to reopen the hard light structure around it and place it inside our...”

“Threshold gate.” Cadet Garth Ranzz finished for Metrixx-Kanndrnn.

“Yes, it’s an inter-dimensional doorway we created that allowed us a place to hide our planet. It’s allows anyone or any object to move through space instantly. Putting the planet inside the hard light structure safe guarded it while it existed inside the doorway.” Metrixx-Kanndrnn rattled off as if it was a pre recorded for this very moment with no emotion while his human side’s eye let a very tiny tear fall for his people.

“But the doorway was around the ark not in it. How did you do that?” Cadet Wazzo-Nah asked.

“The asteroids floating around Anndranna each have transmitters that ignite the doorway and have helped to keep it sealed. While also controlling the “Ark’s” position to not travel through its doorways and keep it in position as we have never fully learned to control navigation through the doorways.” Metrixx-Kanndrnn’s voice was robotic as it adjusting to using the teams “Ark” term.

The Legionnaire Cadets looked at each other. This was their chance to bring Thresholds to the galaxy or contain a threat to the galaxy. The rewriting of their history wasn’t lost on any of them. Meanwhile no one noticed that the Omniphagos had started eating at Cadet Cullen’s stasis field again its pink energy slowly lifting from the ground up.

“ArrRRRRRRRR!!!!” The Omniphagos roared to life as the stasis field began to life.

“What? This can’t be happening!” Cadet Cullen was flying high above them reinforcing his powers. He could feel it pulling at his powers eating it as he tried to increase.

Cadet Umbra began firing on the Omniphagos knowing her dark field could help repeal it for a little bit. Cadet Rikane instantly flew off towards the Omniphagos. His body increasing in density growing stronger and squatter while his skin darkened to magenta. Cadet Nah followed suit using his flight ring to switch rapidly between super strength and invulnerability.

“Pow! Crunch!” the crashing sounds of Cadets Rikane and Nah’s fist connecting with the Omniphagos’ rocky exterior sending it flying backwards into two tall towers that had survived the ravages of time near the mausoleum. The debris started falling on the Omniphagos but it opened its mouth and the vortex sucked it all in.

“We have to lock that beast away. If we don’t do something soon it will continue to eat and we won’t be able to stop it.” Cadet Garth Ranzz urged as the other Cadets ran off to try and keep it at bay.

“Yes, he’s right. Use this box, it is the “Ark” we need to trap the Omniphagos within it.” Metrixx-Kanndrnn handed Cadet Garth Ranzz the box.

“No we need the inter-dimensional doorway to hold it. The Ark will just be eaten by the creature.” Cadet Garth Ranzz insisted.

“We would need one of the doorways from one of the asteroids which will shut down the Ark’s network and leave Anndranna returned to the galaxy.” It was clear Metrixx-Kanndrnn wasn’t sure how he felt about that. He wanted to preserve his world and he knew with it out in the open there was no way to do that.

“Metrixx-Kanndrnn, what’s wrong?” Captain Allon saw through the mechanical side of Metrixx-Kanndrnn and to his human heart which was full of regret.

“I’mmmm more than willing to help and save the galaxy from my people’s creation. But my world is now open to be taken and ravaged by the Federation. They wanted our world and now my people will truly fall.”

“The Federation? The Federation fell centuries ago. The Untied Planets has no interest in taking your planet from you. But your people have been resettled.” Captain Allon wasn’t sure how he would take this flux of information.

“Can we debate this later? The cadets are getting their butts handed to them out there.” Cadet Garth saw them firing everything they had but nothing was working.

“Yes, Cadet Lour can you make the jump?” Captain Allon asked hoping she would be up for it.

“Ye...Yes. Be back in a blip.” Before Captain Allon could double check she was gone with a blip of starlight and purple bubbles floating up her liquid body.

“Blip!” instantly Cadet Lour was back and with her the entire asteroid.

“I couldn’t separate it and honestly if it was any bigger I don’t know if I could have brought it back.” Cadet Lour leaned back on the asteroid it standing 10 feet tall and almost a mile wide. Its body almost crushing all of them when she brought it in.

“Cadet Ranzz can you get rid of the rock?” Captain Allon asked and before he could finish Cadet Garth Ranzz hands glowed with a bright blue light and as quickly as he could the rock turned to oxygen. But it wasn’t fast enough as the other Cadets continued to try and defend against the Omniphagos.

“Here need a hand!” Cadet Astor super sped in and began punching away at its body furiously with 10th the speed and super strength of his borrowed powers.

“Cadet Swanson, I need you to bring the cruiser in.” Captain Allon called over the communications link.

“Yes, Captain.” Cadet Swanson responded.

Omni #934079 07/17/17 06:18 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Between the work of Cadets Astor and Garth Ranzz they broke the inter-dimensional doorway free of the asteroid. Metrixx-Kanndrnn produced the hard light white box and gave it to Cadet Tharok who placed it on the ground next to the doorways trigger pad. Metrixx-Kanndrnn’s left eye glowed white as it connected to the Ark’s system programming it to grow and turn from a box into a giant pyramid.

“Cadet Ayrla and Astor work on getting the trigger pad inside the Ark.” Captain Allon informed as he saw Cadet Garth Ranzz changing the air around the Ark into solid rock.

“The rock will help protect the hard light structure from being noticed and stop us from being blinded.” The cadets had a hard time looking directly at its light.

“Good thinking. Cadet Garth. get that thing over here to the ark!” Captain Allon yelled.

Cadets Umbra, Nah, Rikane, Evening, and Mavien did their best to maneuver the Omniphagos towards the Ark. Cadet James Cullen tried his best to focus his energy on the vortex and slow down its intake by blocking it with a stasis field. But it was causing him to sweat through his blue training uniform.

“Just a bit longer.” Cadet James Cullen thought to himself through gritted teeth.

Punch after punch from Cadets Rikane and Nah pushed the creature back stumbling before it started to swing again. Cadet Evening creating strands of ink to grab its arms and keep it from striking the other cadets but it pulled hard at them and broke them quickly. Cadet Umbra fired on its face blocking its eyes while Cadet Mavien breathed fire at its feet to make it try and jump back.

Cadets Tharok, Garth Ranzz and Captain Allon ran into the Ark and with Metrixx-Kanndrnn they installed and opened the inter-dimensional doorway in the floor of the Ark.

“We’re set. Now bring that thing in here Cadets.” Captain Allon called over their com link. Cadets Rikane and Nah pushed extra hard and lifted the Omniphagos up and into the Ark its white light blinding them a little. The Ark began to expand to accommodate for the new size of the Omniphagos’ new size and the battle the cadets were embroiled in. Metrixx-Kanndrnn’s cybernetic eye glowed red as it shifted the Ark still connected wirelessly to it.

“Keep pushing Jed!” Cadet Nah called as he pushed harder trying to lift the Omniphagos who had grown to be 8 feet tall and feeling like it weighed two tons.

Cadet Ayrla’s white light circled her hands gently before the Omniphagos began to lift up negating its gravity. The two cadets pushed harder but the stasis field slowing down the monster’s debris intake finally gave way and everything in its path started to get sucked in, including the cadets the structure of the Ark started to fold and get pulled in along with some of the inner rock Cadet Garth has coated it in. Cadet Nah and Rikane flew around grabbing everyone out of the way. But Cadet Ayrla had gotten too close as she tried to lift the Omniphagos who had increased in another 3 feet and a ton as it ate.

“AHHHHHHHH!” Cadet Ayrla screamed out.

“NO!!!!!!!!” Cadet Garth saw her being sucked in and he couldn’t help it anymore. First he transmuted the air around the Omniphagos’ vortex trying to clog it to give enough time for Cadet Nah to speed in and save her. But when the creature sucked it in faster than he could make it Cadet Garth couldn’t hold back anymore and he flew off his entire body awash with electricity as it began pouring out of him the stored charges from earlier returning easily as they powered his body up and Cadet Garth’s flight ring lifted him up in the air as the electrons around him burst feeding his power until finally he blasted off a giant white hot bolt of lightning straight at the Omniphagos the blast so strong as it burst out his hands and blinding all of the other Cadets except Cadet Nah who was able to race in at the last second and swoop Cadet Ayrla out of the way. The blast sent the Omniphagos staggering backward. When the light show ended Cadet Garth was kneeling on the ground staring down at his prosthetic arm shattered on the ground in front of him but underneath the metal plates was his arm, his flesh and blood arm had somehow grown back under it.

With the Omniphagos’ balance off cadets Rikane and Astor speed off to push the creature to the Ark doorway. With one final punch from each of them the Omniphagos went flying back into the inter-dimensional doorway its brilliant white and blue light coming to life splashing outward for a moment swirling energy wrapping around the Omniphagos.

“Everyone out and get on the cruiser. We’ll fly the Ark out of here.” Captain Allon instructed as they all ran out grabbing Cadet Garth by his good arm waking him from his shock.

Cadet Garth Ranzz finished the final layer of rock on the ark as they ran out instinctively knowing he needed to hide the ark with his newly returned hand. His eyes wide with excitement as he felt the sensations of not only his powers but to touch as well.

All the Cadets, Captain Allon and Metrixx-Kanndrnn quickly made their way on to the cruiser with Cadet Ayrla using her powers to carry Metrixx-Kanndrnn. Cadet Swanson used the tractor beam and pulled the Ark with them off the planet.

“What now? We need to store that thing somewhere.” Cadet Tharok looked out at the Ark which now housed his former employer turned monster.

“We can’t leave it anywhere within this Galaxy. If anyone got their hands on it they could wipe out everyone.” Cadet Wazzo-Nah hugged herself a bit.

“We need to open another inter-dimensional doorway and send it through.” Captain Allon suggested.

“If we do that we have no way of controlling where it goes. It could end up on an inhabited world.” Cadet Umbra reminded them.

Cadet Garth stood for moment thinking rubbing his newly returned arm.

“When you send it through, all sensors go blind. But what if you let it fly blind but with specific coordinates. It would end up there but there is no telling really when if I’m correct.” Thinking back to when Brainy would try and explain how the thresholds worked.

“That is what would happen. This thing could end up anywhere in time at those coordinates.” Metrixx-Kanndrnn responded his android eye fluttering for a moment as his body continued to adjust being out of the deep freeze and being displaced 600 years into the future.

“It’s a chance we have to take. Do you have coordinates in mind Cadet Ranzz?” Captain Allon asked.

“I do.” Cadet Garth Ranzz tapped through the functions of his flight ring that was coordinates from the Legion’s travels. Captain Allon watched him carefully.

“Metrixx-Kanndrnn, you’re connected to the Ark’s system and can program it to go there?” Cadet Garth Ranzz asked pulling up the coordinates to the second galaxy where the Legion had first encountered the Ark. Brainy had programmed all of the rings with these locations in case they would ever need them for a mission through the thresholds.

“I am and I can. I just hope where ever we send it, it causes no more harm. I’ll activate a perimeter defense that will emit a repulsion beam.” Metrixx-Kanndrnn began connecting through his android’s right arm touch pad.

Cadet Garth knew those coordinates didn’t exist anymore but he hoped they did here in this reality and even though he was casting the dice blind all he could do was hope he was doing the right thing. Cadet Swanson used the tractor beam to help Cadet’s Nah, Rikane, and Astor to move the remaining five asteroid triggers to open an inter-dimensional doorway. Metrixx-Kanndrnn opened a channel with the triggers through the cruiser’s system igniting all five at once. Cadets Ayrla and James Cullen used their powers to keep the cruisers and Cadets safe from being pulled in once the gate opened. They all watched as the giant rock covered pyramid shaped Ark entered the blazing white swirling light of the Threshold gate. They could feel the gentle wind through Cadet James Cullen’s stasis field.

“I hope wherever or whenever that Ark appears it doesn’t get opened.” Cadet Garth looked at his history being rewritten before him and he prayed that the rest of his history wasn’t about to find away to repeat itself. His artificial arm gone and the hairs on his returned arm stood up on end.

The second galaxy stood motionless for untold amount of time. The planets having yet settled into place, clouds of various gases moving around heated suns whose fires reached farther out to push the elements together burning them anew. While black holes shifting about sucking random debris in. The stars starting to burn for the first time casting their light gently. The emptiness was palpable as small rocks formed and floated away randomly towards the black hole or rocketing outward to places unknown. From out of the mist of the pink clouds of creation slowly stretching out to reveal the bright blazing light of the threshold gate opening up. Slowly the rocky Ark passed through and out into the void. Small rocks from the black hole that flung outwards hit the Ark breaking off some of the rock exposing the hard light. While pink clouds wafted past as the gate closed behind the Ark leaving it in the vastness of the second galaxy floating aimlessly away from the suns and black hole.

Re: Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 7/17/2017
Omni #934975 07/30/17 02:31 PM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
I just caught up on this and it was great, Omni! The tension ratcheted up with heaps of suspence when Umbra & Tharok's crew first arrived, then I honestly thought Garth was a goner when he launched his big attack at the end there! I love how you wrote his fear of history repeating itself, and the ending which hints at him just having sent the Ark right back where we first saw it.

April and Ral together are super cute and I love the detail you put into her world and her sheer joy at coming home again. Looking forward to more! smile

Re: Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 7/17/2017
Omni #935560 08/08/17 06:27 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Thanks Raz!
I'm working on trying to get these worlds to be as real as i can. so thank you very much and glad you liked Fuzzball Adventures. maybe i'll revisit it in a future story.

Look for more history to repeat itself in new ways.

Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 8/8/2017
Omni #935561 08/08/17 06:33 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Anndranna RumCok-8
Roll call:

Captain Gim Allon- Captain and headmaster of the Science Police Special Unit Training Academy
Apparition - Tinya Wazzo Nah –intangibility of Bzgtl of U247
Umbra (Tasmia Mallor) – shadow caster. Of Talok IV U247
Cadet James Cullen of Xanthu - Ability to cast stasis fields using belt.
Cadet Tharok of unknown – hacker genius. Capable of making any type of weapon from any part.
Cadet Ayrla of Dyrlia - Gravity negation
Cadet Staq Mavien of Shawr - breathes fire
Cadet Gil Swanson of Earth -able to switch people’s powers at will, must touch person to do it. Flight. Invisibility
Cadet Lonny Evening of Myar –sentient being of ink. Makes ink projectiles. Can transform into humanoid form.
Cadet Jedediah Rikane of Earth – density control. Super dense and strong to immaterial phantom.
Live Wire - Garth Ranzz - electrical generation and manipulation, and elemental transmutation of Winath of U247
Ultra Boy - Jo Nah- Super-strength, super-speed, flight, invulnerability, flash vision, and "penetra-vision" (all approximately at Kryptonian power levels), only one of which can be used at a time. Of Rimbor U247
Cadet Mory Lour of Omegons -Teleportation
Cadet Myke-4 Astor of Calish-Aetia -Able to recall portion of powers of those he's touched.

Metrixx-Kanndrnn – cryogenically frozen Anndranna General. Half man half machine. Suffers from delusions and violent spasms.

After shock:

The Cadets and Captain Allon waited on Anndranna for President Chu to arrive. With Anndranna returned to the galaxy it meant a lot of implications for the war world.

Metrixx-Kanndrnn looked at the young cadets who now stood on his planet. Each of them would have been great soldiers in his army. That is if he still had an army. Metrixx-Kanndrnn was wistful for his glory days and for half a second he felt the surge of battle. But because of his depleted energy reserves and cytogenesis wearing off it stopped him from raging and killing all of these cadets.

“Metrixx-Kanndrnn sir, how are you feeling?” Captain Allon was worried since locking away the Omniphagos. The general was distant at best and after getting the mausoleum up and running they discovered all of Anndranna’s history. The bloody and long battles with the Federation had decimated the Anndrannian armies. But they also learned of their long history of conquest, invasion, and mechanical engineering genius. Even though their technology was outdated in many ways it was still highly impressive and with few modifications could turn any intergalactic empire into a supreme power in the universe.

“I’m fine Captain. Thank you for your kindness.” Metrixx-Kanndrnn’s mechanical eye fluttered.

“Of course. We wouldn’t be standing here without your help. I’ve received word that President Chu is en route and I’m sure she will have away to keep Anndranna safe. I’ve had Cadet Swanson put together a history feed of Bellatrix of the last 600 years. I thought you might want to reconnect with your people.” Captain Allon handed him an omnicom.

“Thank you Captain.” Metrixx-Kanndrnn opened a plate in his arm revealing a thin cord he attached to the omnicom and within a minute or two he had learned the entire history of his people and what was left of his Anndrannian heart broke. His people had abandoned their militaristic way of life. Order and rules had been replaced with chaos in his eyes. No longer was there a Supreme Commander and ranks. Even thought their Empire was by rank everyone was well cared for. He knew that each world they commanded had its issues. But no one was starving. No one was homeless and they all had purpose. Now they were aimless and their genius had been squandered. Reduced to a world of programmers for the maintenance bots employed through the galaxy and have become glorified trash men.

Captain Allon knew that Bellatrixian’s weren’t the most respected world and he didn’t know about this history they had, but seeing what they had been reduced to he saw the hurt of a soldier through the General. Captain Allon excused himself to go and check in on the cadets recovering and the ETA of President Chu. Metrixx-Kanndrnn nodded and gave a small salute before looking back at the images of the feed in disgrace as he realized he no longer had a people to protect.

A few feet away Cadet Garth Ranzz sat on a pile of rubble looking at his newly returned arm. Studying it in marvel and comparing it to his other one. He felt the surge of electricity running though his veins and it felt amazing. The rush as the neurons fired down his arm and into his finger tips releasing it in an arch from finger to finger. The air burning releasing an ionized smell. Then just as quick as the lighting left his finger tips he transmuted it in to ionized crystal that captured its light refracting it out light a nightlight. Garth’s eyes widened a little as he felt a different tingle when he transmuted the ionized oxygen. Not sure if somehow the return of his arm was related to the Progenitor/Element Lad who had returned his arm before their deaths, knowing that the Lightning rod hadn’t transformed it back before the team left for the void again. Garth’s instinctual knowledge of how to use Element Lad’s power always made him wonder if Element Lad was really gone and now with the Omniphagos returning and knowing the teams history is finding ways to repeat itself he can’t help but fear what might come next for it was his sacrifice that brought the Legion back from the brink of being lost forever. Those of the team in the second galaxy know that and with the team needing to cement themselves to this reality it really could only be a matter of time before the life and resurrection of Garth Ranzz was to take place.

Omni #935562 08/08/17 06:37 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Inside the Larger Cruiser’s mini medical bay.

Cadet Ayrla lay on the retractable stretcher resting from the battle. Curled under a blanket Cadet Ayrla tried to warm herself.

“Ayrla you ok?” Cadet Swanson asked before running a diagnosing.

“Just cold.” Cadet Ayrla responded shaking a bit.

“You’re freezing… Ayrla what’s happening to you? You don’t seem surprised.” Cadet Swanson’s yellow eyes showing her how concerned he was.

“I’m sure you’ve noticed how thin and frail I am. My powers over gravity seem to be more than my body can take. It is a drawback from my creators they thought the lighter I was the better I could tap in to the gravitational forces and evade Mordru’s power. But those forces
Cause a strain taking my energy.” Ayrla shivered a bit more.

“Captain, Can you come to the cruiser please.”

“On my way.” Captain Allon answered over the com system.

“Please, don’t say anything.” Cadet Ayrla pleaded.

“Cadets, what’s going on here?” Captain Allon boarded the cruiser.

“Cadet Ayrla’s powers are putting a strain on her body and almost draining all of her energy. We need to help her somehow. I don’t know how the nannites haven’t detected this.”

“They have Cadet. But we don’t have a way to help her. Her physiology isn’t like anything we’ve seen before and with her people being in Mordru’s territory we can’t access any records on what to do.”

Cadet Swanson looked at Cadet Ayrla shivering her white puff of hair about her face and all he wanted to do was pick her up and hold her to make herself feel better.

“What if I swapped her power with someone who could handle it and give her a power that might work better for her?” Cadet Swanson offered.

“Her powers are needed and Ayrla has worked hard to get to where she is. It wouldn’t be fair to replace her powers and set her back. Besides the other person would half to agree to it and we still don’t even know the duration of how long your swaps last.” Captain Allon answered.

“Well what about a swap of at least accelerated healing from time to time? I doubt she’s going to be much use to anyone if after a battle she’s like this.” Cadet Swanson had gotten to know Ayrla and even though she was supposed to be a weapon by her own admission she was still a sentient being who enjoyed holo movies about puppies and star gazing music and she was his friend.

“Out of the cadets here they can’t help. None of them have that power set and at the academy the one cadet I can think of would never agree to a power swap.” Captain Allon shook his head. He understood Cadet Swanson’s want to help. But for now Cadet Ayrla just had to suffer and only be used at the most dire of moments.

Outside the Cruiser Cadet Mavien and Rikane filled out their mission logs and read those of their teammates when something occurred to Cadet Rikane.

“Stag…if that Dark Man guy was the Omniphagos thing and an operative of Anndranna and hired Tharok to bring him here then why did Black Mace steal all the information about Anndranna from JS-12?”

“That’ssss a good quessstion. The Dark Man could have hired him asss well.”

“But then that means there is someone else out there who knows about this world and its capabilities… Captain we need to put out an alert for Black Mace as he might be coming for Anndranna’s technology. He’s the one who stole from JS-12.” Cadet Rikane called over the com link.

“Thank you Cadet. Computer, place an alert for Black Mace and add him to the top of the Most Wanted List.” Captain Allon instructed the cruiser’s A.I.

Last edited by Omni; 08/08/17 06:40 PM.

Omni #935564 08/08/17 06:45 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Cruiser’s brig

Cadet Umbra stood over Cadet Tharok who had been cuffed and placed in the cruiser’s brig. The yellow force field making Tharok look slimmer than usual Cadet Umbra thought to herself.

“Is this really necessary?” Cadet Tharok smiled at Cadet Umbra as he held up his cuffed hands.

“They keep you from inventing anything. If you can’t use your hands nothing can be created. Plus the cuffs allow me to do this.” Cadet Umbra smiled devilishly as she pushed a button on the wall and instantly Cadet Tharok was shocked with 100 joules of energy.

“Ahhhh” Cadet Tharok screamed.

“And that’s the low setting. You took a job from a monster and almost got all of us killed. You should be happy that this and being put in the detention center for a while is all that’s happening to you.” Cadet Umbra’s shadows flared about her as she spun on her heal and left the brig.

outside the cruiser

Cadet Lour rested under the stars in a small clearing she found behind the mausoleum. The starlight was helping her heal as she connected with the stars as if she was about to teleport. Her body glowed bright purple as her body floated bubbling gently with star light escaping.

“That thing almost ate me…” Cadet Lour thought out.

“Was it scary?” Came a soft voice in her head.

“Huh?” Cadet Lour sat up instantly

“Was it scary almost being eaten?” Cadet Astor stepped from the side of the mausoleum.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to intrude. Your thoughts were just so loud and I’m still learning this telepathy thing.” Cadet Astor tapped his reptilian three clawed hand to his fore head. His main claw reaching just above his eyes.

“It’s fine. I’m not that much for secrets. I’m an open portal.” Cadet Lour laid back down and returned her gaze to the stars.

Cadet Astor began to hover and slowly floated his way to the same position.

After several minutes of not silence Cadet Lour spoke.

“It was scary…I could feel the energy leaving me and…I felt like I was going to burst taking all the stars with me. I pull the energy from stars in space and it felt like I took all they had.” Cadet Lour didn’t look at anything other than the stars as she spoke her eyes wide with horror and excitement.

Far away in the Delta quadrant five stars burst into flames their energy exploding outward. The gravitational forces of the fives combined imploding on themselves creating a black hole. Slowly pulling in everything around it.

Omni #935566 08/08/17 07:09 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Shortly President Chu arrived. Her landing blowing about the debris and cadets. The President’s detail disembarked first. Each of them giant sized sentience all standing at least 7 feet tall and all in black suits. Surrounded by them President Chu briskly walked over to Captain Allon, who had gone back over to check on Metrixx-Kanndrnn.

“Captain, it’s good to see you again and see that your cadets are well after this last mission. Your team recovered something that had become legend at this point.” President Chu’s smiled never left as her eyes quickly darted around looking at the war world around her.

“Thank you Madam President. It was a hard battle. I’d like to introduce you to the last living General of the Anndrannian Empire, General Metrixx-Kanndrnn.” Captain Allon smiled and ushered President Chu towards the General.

“General, I am so pleased to meet you. You are a great find and I pledge every resource the United Planets has to making your transition to our time.” President Chu extended her hand. But Metrixx-Kanndrnn didn’t extended his in return.

“I’m going to skip the pleasantries Madam President. My world is exposed and my people have been long relocated. I am the only occupant of my world now and I don’t trust the United Planets as I’ve learned your government was what had directly descended from its collapse. However I cannot remain out of cryostasis as my people didn’t fix my delirium before freezing me. I will have to go back until someone can help and in the mean time I must leave my world unprotected.”

“Yes General. I understand and the United Planets will…”

“No. The United Planets will do nothing. I am leaving my world in the hands of one person.” General Metrixx-Kanndrnn interrupted President Chu.

“Who do you select?” President Chu smiled graciously doing her best to hold her temper and her magic in.

“This young man and his cadets. I want them to protect my world and them alone.” General Metrixx-Kanndrnn’s stern look practically bore a whole in the president.

“Well, Captain Allon and his cadets are Science Police Officers and they work for and to protect the United Planets.” President Chu smiled simply.

“I understand that. But Article 2399 of the Science Police Charter allows for a unit Captain to be placed on a world and be allowed to act as a governing force for that world when there is no clear representative under extenuating circumstances where all citizens have been neutralized or incapacitated and the duration of such command can be indefinite.” General Metrixx-Kanndrnn rattled off still connected to the omnicom Captain Allon gave him.

Captain Allon stood in shock as President Chu sent him a death glare that he couldn’t escape.

“Captain it seems you have endeared yourself to the General and that you and your Cadets have gained a new home. Along with your other responsibilities you will be protecting Anndranna. We will have all the cadets and staff at the academy notified and the move will begin promptly. If you’ll excuse me I’ll start to make some of those arrangements and be back with you shortly.” President Chu smiled her broadest smile yet and turned on her heel without a moment’s hesitation. Followed back to her cruiser by her sea of security.

Inside President Chu’s Private Shuttle

“That was an unexpected result.” President Chu sat in the back seating area.

“What has happened?” Mysa sat next to President Chu on the black interior couch.

“Anndranna has been given to the Captain and his Cadets. This still puts it squarely in the hands of the United Planets.” President Chu’s calmness remained in tacked.

“But what about locking him away? Anndranna was to be our salvation from the dark lord. You said you had a vision. If those cadets are on this planet there then are no way we can get access to the technology you spoke of to lock him away forever.” Mysa’s voice shook with fear. She knew these cadets would take down her cursed father but she knew that they wouldn’t and couldn’t kill him. They needed to lock him away forever.

“They follow my orders and I’m sure we can lock him away. But that planet is a war installation in itself and could extremely useful combined with those cadets the United Planets could have an army that could take on anything.” President Chu’s eyes were wide with excitement at the prospect of that much power.

Mysa hated seeing that looking in Jenni Chu’s eyes. It was the same look she saw in Mordru’s eyes and she saw the family resembles even though more than a few hundred years separated them.

“We should be getting back to Ywen. It’s almost time for your training and Ywen’s magic is strongest when the stars a line with the Devil’s tail.” Mysa urged humbling President Chu with a reminder of her lack of power.

President Chu smiled stiffly while tapping away at her omnicom’s holo buttons getting things ready for the academy’s transfer and alerting her driver to prepare for takeoff back to Ywen.

Cadet Wazzo-Nah watched the President’s shuttle took off. Cadet Nah came up behind her and gave her a hug.

“You ok angel?” Cadet Nah followed her gaze.

“I’m fine…I guess I’m just waiting.”

“Waiting for what?”

“Waiting for Cub’s return. He’s coming I know it. The Omniphagos, thresholds, and so many other things from our old lives have returned. I know he’s going to come back to us. I know it.” Cadet Wazzo-Nah smiled with small tears in her blue eyes. She had to have faith.

“I think your right.” Cadet Nah smiled and looked at the stars. Taking a quick glance over at Garth, Joe was hopefully for Cub’s return too but now he was starting to be scared for how that return could happen. History is being rewritten and if that’s true could Cub come back and not survive his sped up life.

Last edited by Omni; 08/08/17 07:11 PM.

Omni #935567 08/08/17 07:27 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Vivarium
Roll Call:
Cadet Validus of unknown - super strong. Super durable, Mental lightning. Inherent psychic shielding.
Cadet Twine of Rimbor – Energy-Enhanced Strike, Siphon Life force, Weapon Master
Cadet Grava of Extal Colony - gravity wake that may derive from the forces she uses to fly (perhaps using gravitational forces to warp space time and propel herself at otherwise impossible speeds)., also pulls others along with her. smoke tail capable of putting people to sleep and blinding crowds and posses a light tail that can blind others.
Cadet Ming Sul of Tristram - Able to amplify the speed, strength, intelligence, healing, stamina. Using a tagging affect, the duration of which depends on how many sentients she has amped. The larger the group the shorter amount of time it last.
Cadet Cadet -Jenni Ognats of Aarok – travel at super speeds. Speed force connection.
Cadet Theena- clairvoyant symbiote that she can communicate with and display past and present of people through physical touch imprinting.
Spark - Ayla Ranzz –electrical generation and manipulation. Of Winath U247

<Starshines! This place is dwarf cutes!”> Cadet Grava squealed flying out of the ship. It had been so long since she had flown the trip over was a long on and being cooped up like that wasn’t Cadet Grava’s strong suit. She’d rather be flying through the vacuum of space unaided amongst the stars themselves.

“It does have a certain charm.” Cadet Sul walked down the ramp out of the cruiser.

The small colony of Landing strip was cute. The Space port wasn’t much just a small building off to the left of the actual landing strip which stretched down and was also the main road of the colony. The strip was wide enough to have a couple rows of homes behind the main strip.

“ARRRHHHHHH!!!!!” Cadet Validus roared leaving the cruiser.

“Hush!” Cadet Twine snapped her wipe and Validus shrank back.

“Jenni, can you speed around and do a recon of Landing strip. We don’t know where he is and even though there aren’t many places to hide, I’d rather be proactive and try to avoid hurting anyone in the colony.” Cadet Ayla Ranzz said taking readings of the area to see if there is a spike in magical radiation.

“There’s no need to go looking for me sparky. I’m right here.” Evisceratronic stepped out from behind their cruiser.

“How did you…?” Ayla was blasted by a green beam of energy from the center of Evisceratronic’s chest piece sending her flying backwards sapping her energy. Cadet Ayla curled up into a ball.

“Cadet’s alpha formation!” Cadet Sul yelled running to protect Cadet Ayla.

“How sweet, new friends to play with. Doesn’t matter you’ve protected Mano long enough and I will go through all of you to get him and repay him and you stupid cadets for turning me into this!” Evisceratronic fired widely blasting towards the cadets.

The cadets fanned out each dodging the best they could. Cadet Validus was struck by the emerald energy of the life stone.

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!” Cadet Validus screamed in pain before firing on Evisceratronic with his pink mental lighting giant burst landing all around his target.

<Wait, Mano and the Cadet created him and he worked for Mordru? Does that mean Mordru knows about the cadets?> Cadet Sul’s body glowed as she increased her intelligence, hearing and strength.

<Something else elsetoworryaboutafterwetakethisguyout.> Cadet Orgnats thought rapidly running circles around Evisceratronic at super speed landing 30 punches a second.

“AHHHH. Stand still you witch!” Evisceratronic screamed firing three pulse blast forcing Cadet Orgnats to fall back.

<He also knew Ayla? What could that mean starshine?> Cadet Grava was up next flying over head smoking him out while Cadet Validus continued his assault at Cadet Twine’s command.

“Just because I can’t see doesn’t mean I don’t know where you are.” Evisceratronic stopped moving and let the lighting fall around him as he concentrated his eyes glowing green as he read for life signatures around him. the life stone granting him the ability to see life, those vibrant with energy that would save him and give him enough power to defeat Mano and Mordru.

Omni #935568 08/08/17 07:31 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Cadet Orgnats ran through the dense smoke created by Cadet Grava but before she could land a punch he grabbed her fist and fired his green beam on her draining some of her life force.
“AHHH….Stop it hurts!” Cadet Orgnats vibrated herself hard and ran away from Evisceratronic before he could drain any more falling over once she was out of range.

“Jenni, you ok?” Cadet Theena ran to her side.

“Cooold… so cold.”Cadet Orgnats shivered out as she collapsed to the ground. Cadet Theena wanted to help but wasn’t sure if the symbiote could take a blast from his life stone.

“But I’ve gotta try!” Cadet Theena stood running towards Evisceratronic, the viewing screens pointed out ward.

“Haha. What can you do girl?” Evisceratronic fired on Cadet Theena and using the viewing screens she was able to deflect his beams but only momentarily before its deadly energy began to sap her strength.

“That does it!” Cadet Sul stood up.

Cadet Ayla was coming around quickly moving herself behind Cadet Twine who stayed back with Cadet Validus while she ordered him to fire on Evisceratronic harder and harder both Cadet Ayla and Validus’ lighting merging and dancing around Evisceratronic.

Cadet Sul ran right at top speed towards Evisceratronic and amping her strength up 20 times fold. Dodging and weaving through his blast Cadet Sul jumps up and kicks Evisceratronic in the face sending him back a few feet. Springing into a back hand spring Cadet Sul jumped backwards before running at him again. meanwhile pink lighting crashed around her.

“Can’t you get him to fire more accurately?” Cadet Sul jumped out of the way of a bolt.

“I’ve been trying. But he’s not responding to anything more than fire!” Cadet Twine barked before snapping her wipe around Evisceratronic’s arm and began doing what he had been doing all along, sapping energy from them.

Cadet Grava flew over head doing her best to do a smoke screen but she knew if she did a sleep screen she’d risk taking out her fellow cadets.

“Black hole! The cadet’s are astrobusted.” Cadet Grava thought to herself.

Cadet Grava flew down and her tail began to glow instead of smoke and quickly she flew past Evisceratronic singeing his metal helmet and blinding him in the process.

“AHHH!!!” Evisceratronic caught by surprise screamed allowing Cadet Sul to land a solid punch landing him on the ground.

“Do it Cadet Twine.”Sul stood over Evisceratronic. and Cadet Twine’s wipe sprang to life its dark pink energy pulling Evisceratronic’s life force away from him.

“I will not be denied and my stone can do more than your little toy.” Evisceratronic. yelled his emerald green stone awoke changing the color of her wipe and the direction of its energy flow pulling the energy she took from him back and pulling hers along with it.

“AHHHH! Not gonna happen.” Cadet Twine gritted her teeth pulling the energy through her wipe.

“Grava wake him!” Cadet Sul yelled.

“Super nova idea!” Cadet Grava squealed in excitement as her tail glowed with a slight white light that as she dived past Evisceratronic. she pulled him along with her tossing him about as his body rolled along with the gravity wake.

“Fly higher and faster.” Cadet Sul called.

Cadet Grava did as she was told not realizing that Evisceratronic had begun to fire up his life stone with timed pulses that were getting bigger as she dragged him along high above the colony. His body rolling about in the sky cast his beam outward and it hit the cadets.

“Ahhhh.” Cadets Sul and Twine both yelled in pain as their energy was sapped.

Cadet Validus yelled in pain as well before he short off a giant blast of mental pink lighting which hit both Evisceratronic and Cadet Grava. The two crash landed just beyond the teams cruiser.

“Good work boy.” Cadet Twine patted Cadet Validus whose giant brain glowed gently small sparks crisscrossing his exposed brain.

Evisceratronic lay on the ground unable to move. His body burned.

“Must get lifffee..” Evisceratronic gasped out his smoldering helmet glowing as he reached towards Cadet Grava.

Omni #935569 08/08/17 07:36 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Across the galaxy on Zerrox.

“Hmmm life to stone and stone to life.” Mordru sat with his legs crossed floating inches above his jewel encrusted gold thrown. The torches burning around his throne room.

“You think I’m going to let you go Griggs. You left before our deal was done. You were to destroy President Chu before going after your selfish revenge.” Mordru spoke aloud to himself. He knew President Chu wasn’t destroyed and that his stone’s energy was being used. Griggs had left Zerrox before he was supposed to, having another month before he was to be ready to take down the president and her science police.

“I had hoped your conditioning had taken hold and you were being overzealous. But you are a waste.” Mordru thought to himself as he concentrated on the stone of life, calling to it.

The torches grew larger as he concentrated. Illuminating his throne room. Mysa stood in the corner near the door watching her cursed father call for his life stone. One of his many toys in his arsenal of magic. She had hoped he hadn’t noticed her entrance to the throne room.

“What brings you my child?” Mordru spoke softly as he continued to search for his stone.

“I was wondering if there was any word on Xao?” Mysa stepped forward looking around to see if she could find another one of her father’s slaves to use to her advantage. Some lined the walls in paints or figurines. Others were sucked into the walls or inside jewels on the throne. She just needed to find the right one to use as a distraction.

“He’s been captured. Pampero said they caught him in amber. He also said he faced some super powered beings….”Mordru opened one eye.

“Super powered beings exist across the cosmos. Did he say who they belonged to?” Mysa asked.

“One wore a ring with and “L” on it and the other was a daughter to the winds elemental followers. There were others but he wasn’t sure who they were. It’s also interesting because Nyola said she faced similar opposition. A speedster like the Flash.” Mordru closed his eye again.

“I have not heard of any forces working for the United Planets other than the Science Police and their military, father.” Mysa bowed slightly.

“Neither have I. Either way Pampero was defeated and has now been dealt with. Sadly I’ve had to start making a new chandelier of failure.” He said with a huff as he pointed up with his left hand.

The chandelier spun slowly each gem on it revealing a different person frozen within. Nyola glimmered forth screaming as Pampero’s gem flew up and joined the chandelier.

“I’ll do my best to find out about any adventures in the United Planets.” Mysa bowed again leaving the throne room.

“See to it. hmmmmmmm.” Mordru focused his energies and instantly with a flare of emerald energy his life stone was in his hand.

“There you are.” Mordru opened his eyes and turned the stone over in his fingers.

Outside the throne room:

“This isn’t good. our Legion is so close to being finished. I can’t have the dark one finding out about the cadets just yet…” Mysa scurried off to her chambers quickly.

Omni #935570 08/08/17 07:41 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Vivarium

Eviseratronic reached for Cadet Grava, her tail just inches away from his grasp and just as his gem came to life to take hers its emerald energy burned through him.

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! What’s happening to me!??!??!” Eviseratronic screamed in agony and just like that the gem was gone and he was left a pile of dust.

“What happened to him?” Cadet Sul ran over to them horrified at what she saw.

“Looks like Mordru called home his stone and Griggs life.” Cadet Twine approached.

They were thankful all of this took place out at the space port outside of town and all that was damaged was the ground around them. They all knew if this had moved into the town there wouldn’t be much of a town left.

“Does this mean we just have to turn right around and get in the cruiser?” Cadet Grava came to long enough to say this.

Cadets Sul and Twine looked at her in shock as this was the first time ever either of them had understood a word she’s said.

Re: Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 8/8/2017
Omni #935824 08/12/17 09:03 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Aaaaaagh!

this is the third time I've tried to write a review for you Omni as the last two vanished as my laptop decided to shut down. Very frustrating!

You have so much happening and I'm a bit tight on time now (I was also goint to review Sets latest story as well but that'll have to wait as I need to go soon) so here's my headline notes-

So glad you didn't kill Garth and gave him back him arm.

Love your characterisation of Gim, his pragmatism over Cadet Ayrla's energy being low was appropriate. Jed asking about how the Dark Man and Black Mace's theft of information was well done - he may not be the most educated guy but he isn't therefore stupid.

Ha, love Umbra punishing Tharrok. He deserves it, the snake!

Cadet Lour taking energy from stars, and feeling it being sucked through her, was ominous, as were the five star's exploding...

I didn't expect the cadet programme to be moving to the Anndannian home world, but if history is to be fixed the team need a Legionworld.

Is Vivarium one of your own creation? Evisceratronic can hurt Validus? wow! Good work Jenni and Grava for getting stuck in, though if he's that tough then they're kind of wasting their time unfortunately. Also, great that you picked this storyline up again, you're good at mixing up the ongoing stories with the new and old ones too, that always helps keep me engaged as a reader.

Ming Sul to the rescue! cool, and Grava's gravity wake is a great addition to her abilities which was used well here. I don't trust Twine but it was good to that you included her in the action.

Mysa's duplicity is dangerous, though the name of Mordru's punishment for those that don't succeed -the Chandelier of Failure made me laugh.

Grava being understood made e laugh, bless her, she is the butt of so many jokes.

great stuff Omni, thoroughly enjoyable and looking forward to more, more, more!

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
Re: Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 8/8/2017
Omni #935854 08/12/17 05:53 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Thanks Harbinger for the quick review. if you end up with more time feel free to always comment more.

Just like Raz's love for cat people inspired Catspaw's spot light, your interest in Cadet Lour has made me start to think of some plans for her. but only time will tell. ;D

Garth's not gonna die...just yet and I'm glad your connecting the dots. without RJ to finance Legionworld it never would happen and moving away from earth may just give the hidden Legionnaires a breath before things get really hairy.

Vivarium is my own creation.
Eviscerationic is, well Mordru's life stone is. hopefully he doesn't bestow that stone on anyone else.
thank you i like Grava's gravity wake as well.
Twine shouldn't be trusted. But she maybe a necessary evil.

I'm glad you like my style. i'm doing my best to try and mix up each area. as you said lots of things are happening and more is to come. few more adventures and then a recap will be coming your way.
thanks again and stay tuned!

Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 8/12/2017
Omni #935855 08/12/17 05:59 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Fuzzball: Mission to save Captured Gear.
Roll call:

Cadet April Dumaka of Fuzzball - Cat-like speed and agility, enhanced senses, and retractable claws.
Cadet Ral Benem of Mardru -Ability to stimulate plant growth and communicate with plants

April and Ral quickly made their way back to the trail and up its steep incline. Ral’s flight belt had slowed down making him climb the trail. The thick air hung about him. April climbed on with ease. Her claws scratching into the ground and rocks adding to the generations of claw marks that came before her. Ral reached out with his powers and asked the trees to led him a hand with walking by providing him with a branch.

“This trail was much easier when I was ten.” Ral quipped in between deep breaths.

“Haha! Rrral don’t be so dramatic. We’re almost there. The flower fungus grows up on that cliff. The Duzza flowers grow on the south side of the cliff that over hangs the pools of Kulz.” April ran up the trail looking to her sides seeing that the trail was now lighted by floating lights and wires.

“The pools sound like they would be refreshing right now.” Ral wiped sweat off his forehead and back of his neck with a leaf he kept in his pouches that absorbed sweat and most liquids.

“They would be. But what about the Duzza?”

“It’s not in bloom…my omnicom has been programmed to detect the paralyzing agent in the area and we’re less than a click away from the base of the south side of the mountain cliff and none of these plants have the paralyzing agent in them. The Duzza hasn’t blossomed and released the agent. So the pools would be fine to swim in. But we should get back that hurt fellow might be getting worse. Although I haven’t received an update from Cadet Shakespeare.

“Yes, we must get back to him and save him.” April cast her eyes down before picking her head up to carry on up the mountain side.

“Can I ask you something?” Ral continued to go after her.

“What would you like to know?” April grunted as she began her climb up the south mountain side as they had reached the base.

“How’d you end you with the cadet program? I’m one of the few people on Mardru with a special power. But your whole race could be in the academy.”

“I volunteered. Gran saw me sneak off to colony cities many a time when I was much younger and when the academy was being scouted they asked for my tribes contribution. I fought my fellow tribe kin to earn my position and then I fought the other tribes and won. Those were some battles.” April smiled to herself as she thought about them and how she won the tournament.

“So you’ve always been curious about the outside world but you don’t like technology?” Ral began his climb now as well.

“It’s not that I don’t like it. but I like being able to come home to the old ways too…it’s just hard to see your home change and playing catching up to the person you are now…and well…it just means I can never go home again.” a small tear formed in April’s eye as she said those words out loud.

“It’s still home. Just with some changes.” Ral winked at April to try and cheer her up.

Quickly they made their way up the mountain side to the Duzza flower. The branches of were bare as long golden yellow bark with patches of pink and purple fungus growing from the root up hung over the pools. The wind wafted some of the fungus off the golden yellow branches sending it floating down into the pools. Floating on the water like Lilly pads.

“Ok I need to hold the branches and I should be able to generate a blossom.”

“why do you need to touch it?”

“There are no seeds that I can get to. They are too far into the mountain’s root system. They are released when the Duzza blossoms and that’s what actually causes the Paruza is them seeding the area around that the winds blow it too.” Ral’s enthusiasm was clear and he put his flight belt back on. Adjusting quickly he flew up and held the golden yellow branch in his hands. Glowing a gently green around the branches. Once bare, the branches slowly grew purple leaves that slowly turned to pinkish flower blossoms with spots of blue along the inside. Ral’s eyes widened with delight as he saw the blossom and the fungus growing. Within moments five flowers grew before him and he cut each one. along with scrapping the fungus off into a collection cup.

“how’s it coming?” April climbed higher reaching the base of the Duzza branches.

“Great! Got it all.” Ral smiled as he floated back down to the side of the mountain before the two of them began climbing back down the mountain. Quickly making their way back to the head of the trail and to the tree that April had scratched her claws into when they first arrived. The claw marks looked withered and old already even though it had only been a few hours.

Re: Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 8/12/2017
Omni #936413 08/23/17 03:44 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Finally caught up!

Fuzzball is a nice planet. I liked the bit about Gran being a brilliant scientist (and Ral's assumptions being challenged), and the bit about the decontamination for all new arrivals. You made Catspaw very likable. she and Ral make a good pair.

Ming; Twine and Grava made a great team, good to see some lesser-used characters shine. Ming has good leadership skills. Like GRava's expanded powers

Oh, nice job working the Omniphagos and Legion World in. Is Garth's arm returning a symptom of the universe trying to reassert itself? Some good moments there. not surprised Tharok still tried to worm his way out of it. I liked Gilùs concern for Ayrla.

Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 11/13/2017
Omni #940565 11/13/17 08:26 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Marina Bay Warehouse District, Metropolis. Earth. The Secret Headquarters of the Legion of Super Heroes from Universe 247.
Roll Call:

Domain- unknown. -control of infinite space a dimension of his making.
Meta Ulnoor- of Titan.-Mind reading, telepathy, psi-blast.
Jacques Foccart of Earth -uncontrollable invisibility
Randall Burroughs Atom'x of Xanthu of U247/248 formerly Wildfire - kinetic control over atomic energy and the atoms that compose them. concussive, searing blasts . Flight, Phasing/Ghost, Radiation.
Sensor - Jeka Wynzorr of Orando U247– generation of illusions and telepathy. Evolved snake abilities undefined.
Chameleon - Reep Daggle of Durla U247 – shape shifting
Cosmic Boy – Rokk Krinn of Brall U247 – Magnetism: control, generation, and manipulation.
Dreamer – Nura Nal of Naltor U247 – precognition

“It’s been a while since we’ve heard anything…” Sensor sat at the meeting table looking at Star boy and Gear’s flight ring locations.

“I’m sure we’ll here soon.”

“You’re awfully calm dear for someone who just got separated from your love.” Sensor’s white eyes narrowed a bit.

“I saw this coming remember. I always knew he was going to end up with the cadets. I just didn’t know the how and now we do. I just wish Gear hadn’t gotten caught up in it.” Dreamer’s gray eyes looked out. She had asked Gear to go on this mission and now he was injured and caught by the academy.

“We all take the risks on these missions. It’s what we do.” Sensor tried to sooth Dreamer but she knew guilt was a hard thing to rid yourself of.

“I know.” Dreamer knew this was punishment for telling Gear about the fit it squad.

The two of them looked around their headquarters and saw all the new faces. Even though both had been members or associated with the Legion for a long time now it was the first time that they were the senior members of the team. Chameleon and Cosmic Boy being the oldest. The Legion had really only just begun to grow as their universe came to an end.

“Think any of the new kids are up to the task of taking down the nannites?” Dreamer asked looking out almost blankly at them.

“With our help they might.” Sensor looked out and saw Domain in the swimming pool. He sat on the edge his feet in the water watching Senor.

“Domain seems rather taken with you.” Dreamer clued into where Sensor’s gaze had fallen.

“Yes, but I have no interest in him. he’s a killer and thief.” Sensor dismissed it tossing her main of pink hair. but she had to admit to herself that something about him was intriguing.

Over in the gym area:

“I can’t believe it. We can see you.” Meta starred at the glowing green form of Jacques Foccart but her face didn’t portray a single ounce of happiness for Jacques.

“I know it’s amazing and I can turn it off and still use my powers.” Jacques smiled literally glowing and not paying Meta’s sour mood any mind.

“Does that make you one of them now?” Meta asked her eyes with a slight glow that no one could notice. And she saw it there his excitement of being recruited and reunited with his “brother”.

“I’m the liaison between us and them and I don’t know maybe when all of this stuff with the nannite stuff is over I’ll be with them and Lyle where ever they go.” Jacques saw clearly her jealously and anger. He knew Meta was the leader for their little family but he knew she wasn’t always the best communicator even for a telepath.

“Just watch yourself Jacques. They are in league with the academy. They may be helping us now. But we don’t know them.” Meta’s voice lowered her anger building.

“My brother is with them and I know him. They have done nothing but care for us and help us. They just risked two of their own to save your beau et mes amies.” Jacques chastised back at her.

“Just watch your back.” With that Meta walked away and over to Roy who was sitting near the commissary.

Sensor moved over to the pool and slipped into the water through the side of the floating pool. Quickly swimming through the water it rushing though her hair matting against her scales. Sensor did a few laps and could sense Domain watching her as she swam under the water. Opening her eyes Sensor looked up at him from under the water. The blurred vision of him made him seem less evil.

“Ahhh! Can I help you with something Domain?” Sensor erupted from the water her quaff of pink hair flailing outward sending water everywhere and all over Domain who simply wiped his face off.

“No. Just watching your elegance. You really are an excellent swimmer. Must be that tail of yours.” Domain’s eyes smiled as he had a scarf around his face as usual hiding his smile behind something, whether it’s his coat, a scarf, or a mask.

“Thank you.” Sensor couldn’t help but blush a little her scales turning a slight pinkish yellow as he looked at the one thing on her that was left from before her transformation.

“How are you settling in with the new recruits?” Domain’s tone was light.

“They seem nice. I haven’t interacted much with the exception of Jacques. He’s a very gentle soul. The others…well it’s only been a couple days.” Sensor did her best to be polite but her instincts didn’t trust some of them specifically Meta.

Sensor and Domain watched as Meta did her best to bounce in between the new recruit Roy and Legionnaire Atom'x. Sensor could smell the pheromones on Meta and they were wafting between the two young men who were both returning it. But Sensor felt something else almost like a buzz in the mental background.

“We should try and watch a holo movie later. I heard you’re a fan of jazz operas and the feeds just released Blue Space by Friggroon from the Five Moons colony.” Domain interrupted Sensors thoughts doing his best to distract her with his presence.

“I’ve never heard of that one I must admit. That might be a fine way to spend the evening.” Sensor didn’t want to be unkind. She didn’t trust Domain at all. But if she was able to keep him busy then it was her duty as a Legionnaire.

“It’s a date. I’m going to request the holo TV space for later.” Domain left the pool before Sensor could respond.

“What have I done.” Sensor’s green eyes widened.

Monitor Room

Dreamer walked into the monitor room. Chameleon and Rokk were discussing the state of things and she knew neither of them were happy with the way things were going.

“Nura, what can we do for you?” Chameleon’s antenna wiggled as he sensed her coming in as it changed the landscape of the room for him to shift into.

“I feel guilty about Gear. It was my fault he was on that mission and I just wanted to know if you had heard anything new.” Nura hugged herself.

“Lu says he’s stable. They’ve gone to get something to cure him. it seems the dust the cadet used was aged to its maximum state.” Rokk stood with his arms crossed.

Dreamer knew in that moment for sure that the Time Trapper had done this to Gear.

“Someone might be out to sabotage the cadets…or it could have been Mordru.” Chameleon added.

“At least he’s going to be OK” Rokk crossed to Nura and put his hand on her shoulder.

“Yes and we’ve lost two more but gained three and the attention of the cadets.” Chameleon pointed out.

The three of them looked at each other and they knew that it wouldn’t be long before another confrontation with the cadets was coming.

Page 22 of 37 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 36 37

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,012
Posts1,044,280
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Joe Kalicki
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Lurker Lass
Lurker Lass
Somewhere in the Multi-verse
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star