Roll Call
1 members (Reboot, Reboot, Reboot, Reboot), 16 Murran Spies, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Reboot - 04/19/24 04:18 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/19/24 01:49 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
Kill This Thread L - Half a Century
Kill This Thread XLIX - We're Getting Old
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/18/24 02:08 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/17/24 03:44 AM
The thread that ate _____ !
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/17/24 03:44 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Selective Reading
#935917 08/13/17 06:57 PM
Active
OP Offline
Active
Powering through my second round of Rebirth books has taught me an obvious but nonetheless amazing lesson: I don't have to read every issue of a series. I can check out of a story I don't like and come back when it's over. Like I said, obvious. But in the past I've thought in binary terms: do I want to keep going with this title? If I was in, I felt the need to force myself through comics I didn't like waiting for a better one. Now when there's one of those stories I hate so much that focus on continuity snarls, or there's a guest-written filler issue, I realize that I can just... not do those. If anything significant happens in them, I will be kept up to date with recap in future issues, or online discussion.

Of course, this will be put to the test soon and DC moves into the big event they're been building to throughout Rebirth. Skipping that will probably be like skipping the season finale, such a big part of the story I would question why I bother to stay with it at alll. But we'll see what happens.

Re: Selective Reading
Brain-Fall-Out Boy #935940 08/14/17 05:07 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I'm doing that with Batman. I've only read about half the Rebirth issues, as I find King really hit or miss on the title. Skipping "War of..." for instance, other than last issue to see how Deadshot was handled. I understand what King is doing with Bruce's slow motion nervous breakdown, but I've found I don't need to check in on it every two weeks.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,018
Posts1,044,847
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Crymsun Kid
Crymsun Kid
Korugar
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star