Roll Call
0 members (), 7 Murran Spies, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread XLIX - We're Getting Old
by thoth lad - 03/27/24 05:03 PM
So, what are you listening to?
by Gaseous Lad - 03/27/24 04:21 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by idle - 03/27/24 10:23 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by thoth lad - 03/27/24 10:17 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by thoth lad - 03/27/24 10:15 AM
Share more completely random things!
by thoth lad - 03/27/24 10:15 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 03/27/24 07:41 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 17 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17
Re: DC Comics Rebirth
Sarcasm Kid #934085 07/17/17 07:41 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Cobie, I think you said in the past that you were enjoying Batman Beyond. Am I remembering that right? If so, is it still true/

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
Sarcasm Kid #934092 07/17/17 09:06 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Yeah, I'm actually loving it. I came into it on a whim since I was trying everything else, as I've never collected it before and never watched a single episode of it back in the day. So while I knew the general concept, I was a total stranger to the Batman Beyond franchise. Both art and writing have been on point, and there is just some good superhero storytelling going on here. Terry and the whole supporting cast are very engaging, and the villains are a nice blend of future sci-fi and Batman connections.

Also--yes, Teen Titans has surprised me. It's gone from kind of weak to pretty good and continues to improve. I'm at least very curious to see how the next arc's worth of issues stack up when all is said and done.

Sarcasm Kid #934130 07/18/17 09:42 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
The October solicits are out, and aside from all the Metal/Dark Multiverse stuff (which I'm inclined to skip), there's a new Neal Adam's Deadman series (Written and Drawn)!

Sarcasm Kid #934171 07/18/17 06:01 PM
Active
Active
And Ragman.

Sarcasm Kid #934177 07/18/17 08:09 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
*And* Sean Gordon Murphy's Batman: White Knight! As one of the best creators in the industry, his stuff is a must buy!

Deadman by Adams also is a must-buy for me.

Ragman I'll also probably give a try.

Sarcasm Kid #936371 08/22/17 09:43 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
I read a bunch of comics last night that are about 2-3 weeks old and I couldn't help but notice something: both Green Lantern titles are really damn enjoyable. Green Lanterns, though starring two characters I didn't care about, quickly became a series that I loved and that has only gotten stronger as time has gone on. The characterization of Jessica and Simon is among the best in comics over this last year and writer Sam Humphries (himself someone I've kind of ignored) has proven himself to be fantastic at building multi-layered, deep relationships. Meanwhile, Hal Jordan & GLC took a lot longer to come into its own but over the last few months has really stepped things up. At this point, I'm just enjoying the series immensely, even with the huge cast which includes the Big 4 Earth GLs and the whole rest of the Corps (not to mention the Sinestro Corps). This is the first time since about the mid-Johns run that I'm loving all things GL at the moment.

I should also mention that I also read the latest Flash, which I loved. There is a great mix of subplots / supporting cast and main plots / villains here, as Flash remains consistently good.

Lastly, I caught up the last two issues of Batman Beyond and I'm again shocked at how much I'm enjoying this series. The latest story, which features a surprise villain is just one of those awesome "of course!" ideas that once someone proposed it, it had to be written.

Cobalt Kid #936374 08/22/17 09:47 AM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Originally Posted by Cobalt Kid
I read a bunch of comics last night that are about 2-3 weeks old and I couldn't help but notice something: both Green Lantern titles are really damn enjoyable. Green Lanterns, though starring two characters I didn't care about, quickly became a series that I loved and that has only gotten stronger as time has gone on. The characterization of Jessica and Simon is among the best in comics over this last year and writer Sam Humphries (himself someone I've kind of ignored) has proven himself to be fantastic at building multi-layered, deep relationships.

I guess there's bad news. Humphries will be leaving the book very soon. Tim Seeley's a decent replacement, but it's hard not to be a little worried.

(Good to see a post from you, btw! I've been posting this Time War tie-in on Bits that you might find interesting....)

Sarcasm Kid #936387 08/22/17 12:08 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Yeah, I was saddened to hear Humphries is leaving, especially because I feel he's come into his own. I'm loving Seeley's current work on Nightwing, so he's an exciting replacement, but I do worry the transition won't be smooth. It took me a good while to start to love Jessica and Simon--I don't want that discarded, dammit! grin

(And thanks! Life has been so hectic, mostly because of work. I hope that is going to change in the next 30 days with some serious decision-making. I hadn't seen you were writing something LMB related! That's awesome! I'll check out when I get some time!)

Sarcasm Kid #936388 08/22/17 12:11 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
If it's any consolation, Humphries has said he's leaving because DC has given him something too good to pass up and he couldn't do both, so it's obviously something he's passionate about.

Cobalt Kid #936511 08/25/17 10:35 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I read a bunch of comics last night that are about 2-3 weeks old and I couldn't help but notice something: both Green Lantern titles are really damn enjoyable. Green Lanterns, though starring two characters I didn't care about, quickly became a series that I loved and that has only gotten stronger as time has gone on. The characterization of Jessica and Simon is among the best in comics over this last year and writer Sam Humphries (himself someone I've kind of ignored) has proven himself to be fantastic at building multi-layered, deep relationships. Meanwhile, Hal Jordan & GLC took a lot longer to come into its own but over the last few months has really stepped things up. At this point, I'm just enjoying the series immensely, even with the huge cast which includes the Big 4 Earth GLs and the whole rest of the Corps (not to mention the Sinestro Corps). This is the first time since about the mid-Johns run that I'm loving all things GL at the moment.

There are some Rebirth titles I'm doing by trade - mostly on your recommendation. I do pick up Green Lanterns, but I'm curious about the Hal Jordan book. When should I start? I know you had mentioned it started weak

Sarcasm Kid #937329 09/10/17 11:06 PM
Active
Active
I've now either caught up on or dropped all of my Rebirth 2.0 experiment's titles, except for Green Arrow which I enjoy in small doses and will continue catching up on gradually. Here are the books that I am currently reading:

Action
Aquaman
Cyborg
Deathstroke
Green Arrow
New Super-Man
Red Hood and the Outlaws
Super Sons
Superman
The Flash
Teen Titans
Titans
Wonder Woman (provisionally, depending on what I think of Robinson's tenure)

I'm not sure to what degree Mister Miracle qualifies as a Rebirth title, but since it doesn't have the banner I didn't name it.

A little over half of those were added in this second round. This is the most DC books I have read in longer than I can remember, especially when you add in all the various titles that DC publishes outside of Rebirth. Between all of this and my equally huge Image list, I think I may feel a list contraction coming on, but we'll see what happens. At least Marvel are generously keeping books that interest me to a minimum.

Sarcasm Kid #937336 09/11/17 06:44 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
My list has settled into:

Action
Superman
Super Sons
Nightwing
Suicide Squad
Trinity

Myg - Andy S #937357 09/11/17 11:08 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Originally Posted by Myg - Andy S

There are some Rebirth titles I'm doing by trade - mostly on your recommendation. I do pick up Green Lanterns, but I'm curious about the Hal Jordan book. When should I start? I know you had mentioned it started weak

Andy, I appreciate the endorsement of my recommendations! Thanks! For the H&GLC series, what I would say is that the first two trades, which makes up the first 13 issues, are pretty good and lay out all the background for the series. A lot of it is getting the various characters synced up. But its really with #14, the start of the third trade, where the series gets good. So you may choose to get the first two trades for all the background, or you could skip ahead to trade #3 and I think you'll enjoy the trades going forward from there.

In terms of the 'will I need all the backstory to understand what is going on' question, I honestly think anyone could jump in at any time and not be overwhelmed by what's going on--you'll figure that out pretty quickly. #1 actually started the same way, with me trying to figure out what happened before the series even started...so it's not like #14 is any less of a clean start than #1.

Sarcasm Kid #937358 09/11/17 11:15 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Amazingly, I've continued to collect and enjoy all of the Rebirth titles except for Harley Quinn and Superwoman. HQ just wasn't my cup of tea but I know lots of people enjoy it. So really only Superwoman was the one that wasn't working.

Like the Hal & GLC series referenced above, several other series that started weaker for me have gotten more enjoyable and that includes both Teen Titans and Titans. Neither is perfect by any stretch but there is still a lot to enjoy about both.

Hellblazer's second story lingered a little long but I thought was a good read when reading several issues at once. I'm anxious to see what Tim Seeley has in store next.

Suicide Squad has become an enjoyable, high-octane series.

Blue Beetle still has issues but I find myself looking forward to it each month so they must be doing something right.

Supergirl I've struggled with, but as I've mentioned before, I think its simply that I'm not the target audience. And that is okay with me. I'm glad it exists and there isn't anything inherently bad about it.

Justice League by Bryan Hitch is probably the weakest DC series I'm still collecting. I believe he's leaving soon so I hope whomever takes over can make that the flagship series it deserves to be.

Most the other series I flat-out love.

Sarcasm Kid #937378 09/11/17 01:32 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
I've really lost track with what I'm picking and not picking up from DC at this point. I've been so busy the last few weeks I haven't really focused on them.

Sarcasm Kid #937397 09/11/17 10:58 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Digitally, I pick up (in order of enjoyment):
Detective Comics
Nightwing
Batman
Mister Miracle (again, does this count?)
Deathstroke
Green Lanterns
Batwoman
Birds of Prey
[BIG GAP IN ENJOYMENT - so these could be chopping block...]
Suicide Squad
New Super-Man
Wonder Woman
Justice League of America
Titans
Cyborg
Superwoman

Trades, I pick up:
Aquaman
Flash
Green Arrow
All-Star Batman

I'm picking up METAL in the store because I get more out of reading the hard copy.

Sarcasm Kid #937728 09/19/17 08:35 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
It's been well over a month since I read the latest batch of Rebirth trades, but I've been so busy, it's been hard to find the time to do my traditional write-ups of them.Well, wait no more, compadres! Let's do this!

Cyborg Vol. 1: The Imitation of Life was among those Rebirth launches I was unsure about getting until one Cobalt Kid started trumpeting its virtues and made it more of a priority for me. And I'm glad he did! Cyborg was a big surprise, especially for its plot hook and for its deft characterization. The series opens with a central question that it will seek to answer: Is Cyborg simply an enhanced Victor Stone, or is he really an A.I. that thinks he's Victor Stone? Victor's dad fears the latter and has gone to great lengths to conceal this possibility from Cyborg. However, Victor quickly learns of this as he is put thru a series of confrontations with a mysterious foe who is bringing together a number of rogue A.I.'s. I like this hook a lot. On the surface, it seems like a knock-off of Alan Moore's "Anatomy Lesson" with Swamp Thing, but the answers are less straightforward here and the possible ramifications more of a slow build. In fact, we don't get the answer in this trade as this is clearly a larger arc in the series. There are larger thematic implications that one can easily apply to real life and make this something a little more than just a superhero tale. But you can have themes and gravitas up the yin-yang, and it could all go south without involving characters. Writer John Semper, Jr. does not fall into this trap. He does a great job of making the primary characters, Vic, his dad Silas and friend/love interest Sarah, into involving 3-dimensional characters we care about. I especially love the flashbacks to their past that pepper the stories. The art is also great, especially the first few issues by industry vet Paul Pelletier. I really look forward to continuing with Victor on his journey to find himself in future volumes!

The Hellblazer Vol. 1: The Poison Truth was another "bubble" Rebirth book for me, but there was enough good word of mouth to at least give it a shot. Now, I've dipped into the adventures of our Mr. Constantine a number of times over the course of his long original Vertigo (and pre-Vertigo) run, but this was my first since he'd been taken into the mainstream. Overall, he's a character who has only appealed to me if the right writer can make him work for me. In this trade, writer Simon Oliver checks off a lot of Constantine standards--a reunion with old friend Chas, shady dealings in the London underworld, John pulling off a trademark con or two, run-ins with supernatural creatures, enough references to make it clear his most known past failure is still canon, a vague encroaching threat and even a guest-starring role from Swamp Thing. John and Chas were certainly in character, and the art, primarily by Moritat, is evocative and suitable. But....well, it was just okay. The trade itself was an unsatisfying read; I just kind of got bored after a while. I can only manage that would have been multiplied for me I had been waiting a month between issues. I mean, the pacing is not all that different from the old Hellblazer stories being in this style, but I guess it just exemplifies why I never really stuck with that book over the long-term and just dinked and dunked around creators irregularly. Basically, this book meanders and checks on 2 or 3 sets of characters each issue without giving me any real "wow" moments. And if you're asking me to continue on, I need more than what I'm getting. So I doubt I'll continue on to the next volume.

Batgirl and the Birds of Prey Vol. 1: Who Is Oracle? is one I was already likely going to try regardless and definitely would have after the pleasure the first (solo) Batgirl Rebirth book was to read. I came in slightly apprehensive, though, because it's been a while since I read a BoP book. The last time was the post-Brightest Day relaunch by Gail Simone, and that one left a bad taste in my mouth. But THIS one--THIS is a true "rebirth"! To be truthful, it started off a little clunky the first couple of issues, but then, you can just see everything coming together and the writers growing more and more comfortable with the cast. The premise here is that the BoP existed before as Barb and Dinah. Barb was Oracle, during the time she was wheelchair-bound, and Dinah was her field operative as Black Canary. Barb has asked Dinah to reunite with her for one last case. It seems there's a new Oracle on the scene, one who is besmirching her good name by using their abilities to assist the bad guys in the same way Barb used to help the good guys. Barb wants to find out who the new Oracle is and take down the criminals Oracle is helping run rampant around Gotham. Along the way, they cross paths with Huntress and become uneasy allies in pursuit of a common goal. The key word here is "chemistry", folks! Writers Julie and Shawna Benson dial in on the characters of Barb, Dinah and Helena and just make it an absolute JOY to read their dialogue as they tease one another and trade great quips. As with the solo Batgirl book, I think this one benefits tremendously from having female writers who write believable female characters and make their dialogue feel fresh and unlike anything that some dude might come up with on his basement word processor. And the story is not just a yuk-fest--the Benson's interweave some very revealing backstory each issue for their leads in the form of some great flashbacks, and the plot itself leads to some satisfying reveals for both the new Oracle and the villain behind the Birds' travails. This was just a great book that I hope can keep the momentum going into future volumes--because I will definitely be there!

Green Arrow Vol. 2: Island of Scars is the first of the Rebirth trades of which I have read the second installment. I liked a lot of things about the first volume but was a little hesitant about the darkness in the story and art. Happily, Vol. 2 addresses those concerns in a satisfying manner, and all of the things I liked about the first, particularly the character interactions and just the overall authenticity and trueness of the characters themselves, were still intact. Volume 2 picks up where we left off last time with a bit of a cliffhanger that left our characters scattered. The first two issues within follow Ollie's half-sister Emi, who has been spirited away to Japan by her mother Shado and who now faces a similar fate as her mother as an assassin for the Yakuza. Emi wants nothing to do with it and looks for a way to win hers and her mother's freedom. Along the way, we get a flashback to an adventure she had with Olly that illuminates their developing relationship. Then, the meat of the trade deals with Dinah, Ollie and Diggle being marooned on an island that is more than it appears. This leads to a confrontation and then a high-octane, high-speed adventure that is both exciting and a lot of fun. But I like that, before it gets to the action, the book takes some time to explore Ollie and Dinah's developing relationship. There are some very steamy scenes coupled with some revealing dialogue and narration that highlight why they make sense together and what their challenges might be. It helps make Dinah and Ollie an interesting and believable couple and one I want to read more about. You don't always have to be into Batman as a super-interesting character underneath his cowl to enjoy his book, but I think this is essential to Oliver Queen and his cast to make them and the book work. Mission accomplished! I love Ollie done right, and this is definitely that! Plus, the art by Stephen Byrne, Juan Ferreyra and Otto Schmidt, all using a similar style, has grown on me, especially as they have shown more growth and breadth to what they can do than what I thought the could do in the first volume.

Let's update the big board, shall we?

Best of the Best--WANT MORE NOW!!!

Aquaman
Flash

Awesomesauce!!

Batman
Detective Comics
Batgirl
Deathstroke
Batgirl and the Birds of Prey
Green Arrow Vol. 2

Really Good, Will Def Continue!

Green Arrow Vol. 1
Superman
Green Lanterns
Nightwing
Cyborg

meh. May or may not continue

Wonder Woman
Action Comics
Hal Jordan and the GLC
Titans
Suicide Squad
Hellblazer

Where's the Incinerator?

Justice League

Wow! It sure seems the Bat-books can do no wrong, eh? I have yet to run into a clunker from that corner of DC! Overall, Rebirth continues to look very good in general.

I've said this before, but next up for me are mostly Vol. 2's....

Superman Vol. 2
Aquaman Vol. 2
Batman Vol. 2
All-Star Batman Vol. 1

Looking forward to them!!!

Sarcasm Kid #937762 09/20/17 03:36 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Love your continued reviews of Rebirth!

I'm so glad you got Cyborg and even more glad that you liked it! Sales are not great and that's a shame because I feel people dismiss it without giving it a real chance. IMO, it's damn good superhero comics with its own Sci-fi niche (robotics) and damn great characters. There are more to come, including one great one that becomes Cyborg's non-super sidekick of sorts, whom I really like.

I can relate on Hellblazer--many arcs over the years never grabbed me, which is why I never consistently bought it. I liked the first arc, especially as I'm a fan of Moritat. For some reason the second arc just didn't do it for me though. The latest, a 3 parter by Seeley, is off to a great start. I actually wouldn't mind if arcs rotated with creators along the lines of the old Legends of the Dark Knight. The different creative voices might give the series a little extra juice.

Also glad you liked B&BOP. The characterization and interactions continue to be fantastic, and the series remains a good one. I've had my complaints--art and length of arcs being two of them--but there's a lot to love here. All 3 major characters are incredibly different and likable in their own way.

Lastly, I'm thrilled you agree that the art in GA v2 is more to your liking. I had thought this would be the case but I'm glad to hear it. I have a feeling it was a common complaint. I love the second arc in this trade with Ollie, Dinah and Diggle making their way back to Seattle, which was high octane fun. The series remains one of my favorites and has only gotten better IMO. 30 or so issues in, and it's shaping up to the best Green Arrow run in 25 years.

Cobalt Kid #937777 09/20/17 07:29 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Originally Posted by Cobie

And I love how they bring you out of hiding! grin

I'm so glad you got Cyborg and even more glad that you liked it! Sales are not great and that's a shame because I feel people dismiss it without giving it a real chance. IMO, it's damn good superhero comics with its own Sci-fi niche (robotics) and damn great characters. There are more to come, including one great one that becomes Cyborg's non-super sidekick of sorts, whom I really like.

Looking forward to the next trade, which I will be purchasing very soon! nod

Sad to hear that it's low in the sales department. But, as has been pointed out, DC has been very patient with books like Blue Beetle, so there's hope. Plus, maybe Cyborg will get more attention after the upcoming JL movie, which will hopefully not suck!

I can relate on Hellblazer--many arcs over the years never grabbed me, which is why I never consistently bought it. I liked the first arc, especially as I'm a fan of Moritat. For some reason the second arc just didn't do it for me though. The latest, a 3 parter by Seeley, is off to a great start. I actually wouldn't mind if arcs rotated with creators along the lines of the old Legends of the Dark Knight. The different creative voices might give the series a little extra juice.

I think a Constantine book has got to be one of the more difficult ones to do. To make it really swim, you can't sacrifice the subtlety of the concept and character, but you also run the risk of it being dreadfully dull. The first Hellblazers I ever read was Garth Ennis' run, and that, my friend, is a hard one to measure up to! I mean"Dangerous Habits" alone.... ElasticLad

Also glad you liked B&BOP. The characterization and interactions continue to be fantastic, and the series remains a good one. I've had my complaints--art and length of arcs being two of them--but there's a lot to love here. All 3 major characters are incredibly different and likable in their own way.

It sounds a little bit like I like B&BoP more than you do. Some of this may be due to you having read more of it than I have. But based on the first trade of each, I think it's even better than Batgirl's solo book's first trade, which is also excellent. I think the Bensons give Dixon and the good Simone stuff a run for their money with their take.

Lastly, I'm thrilled you agree that the art in GA v2 is more to your liking. I had thought this would be the case but I'm glad to hear it. I have a feeling it was a common complaint. I love the second arc in this trade with Ollie, Dinah and Diggle making their way back to Seattle, which was high octane fun. The series remains one of my favorites and has only gotten better IMO. 30 or so issues in, and it's shaping up to the best Green Arrow run in 25 years.

Glad to hear it! Especially because--drumroll, please--I've decided to start picking up Green Arrow as single issues, starting immediately after the issues collected in the third trade! In fact, I picked up all the issues today! This is a big step for me, as you well know!

BTW, I've also decided to buy both Batman and Flash as singles as well! I decided recently to dip my toes back in with Rebirth due to my overall satisfaction with its direction and to my pull also diminishing recently with several series I get either ended or soon ending. I didn't want to get any more $3.99 books (I'm also getting Mr. Miracle), even though a few of them (Deathstroke, Aquaman, B&BoP, etc.) were among my favorites. For the time being, I'll limit myself to these three as singles and keep with the others as trades for the foreseeable future until I feel less timid about taking another leap.

So, basically, Rebirth has been a tremendous success for this lapsed reader!

Sarcasm Kid #937780 09/20/17 08:29 PM
Active
Active
Other people have said this before, but Titans does get better. It took some time to find it's stride.

Is Super Sons on your to-read list somewhere? I think it's probably my fav Rebirth title.

Sarcasm Kid #937781 09/20/17 09:50 PM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
He's going to need an extra copy of the trade so he can do unspeakable things to the first one that will render it unreadable... He's gonna love it that hard! shocked angel

Sarcasm Kid #937783 09/21/17 03:23 AM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Oh, I'm most definitely getting that trade when it finally comes out next month! nod

Sarcasm Kid #937819 09/21/17 08:14 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Something else else I neglected to mention in my above reviews: Black Canary, between her roles in B&BoP and Green Arrow, is emerging as a standout Rebirth star in my opinion. Her presence and characterization in both books is key to the success of both. I absolutely love what they are doing with her, and I think she's as good or even better than she's ever been!

I'm curious, now, about her series in latter-day New 52 and whether I should check those trades out because I want MORE Dinah! love nod

Lard Lad #937838 09/22/17 12:25 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
^ I absolutely agree with that statement! Dinah has been a superstar in Rebirth so far and she is written brilliantly in both series. Both sets of creators have found a way to make her interact with other characters (Ollie & crew or the BOP) and have her be a very human, multi-layered character, yet look incredibly strong in each series. Love it!

Heartily recommend Super-Sons as well, a contender for my favorite series!

I hope you're right on Cyborg and his coming prolific run on the big screen. All the right pieces are there for the series to be a runaway success and I hope you're right that DC will have the patience to see it through.

Originally Posted by Paladin

And I love how they bring you out of hiding! grin

Yeah, I like that too wink

It sounds a little bit like I like B&BoP more than you do. Some of this may be due to you having read more of it than I have. But based on the first trade of each, I think it's even better than Batgirl's solo book's first trade, which is also excellent. I think the Bensons give Dixon and the good Simone stuff a run for their money with their take.

I would agree with that statement. For me, the Batgirl solo series definitely is the one I’m enjoying more. But, as you can tell, I still like B&BOP quite a bit! Enough to classify it firmly in the category of series that I’m hugely enthusiastic about. So we’re similar in that we both really like both series, probably because we’re both awesome, but the subtle differences in our preferences have us diverge on which one is better. Or, as you say, it might be because I’m ahead of you and reading monthly.

Glad to hear it! Especially because--drumroll, please--I've decided to start picking up Green Arrow as single issues, starting immediately after the issues collected in the third trade! In fact, I picked up all the issues today! This is a big step for me, as you well know!

BTW, I've also decided to buy both Batman and Flash as singles as well! I decided recently to dip my toes back in with Rebirth due to my overall satisfaction with its direction and to my pull also diminishing recently with several series I get either ended or soon ending. I didn't want to get any more $3.99 books (I'm also getting Mr. Miracle), even though a few of them (Deathstroke, Aquaman, B&BoP, etc.) were among my favorites. For the time being, I'll limit myself to these three as singles and keep with the others as trades for the foreseeable future until I feel less timid about taking another leap.

So, basically, Rebirth has been a tremendous success for this lapsed reader!

I love that you’re going to make the foray back to single issues for DC Rebirth! I think that says a whole hell of a lot because you were definitely content with making the switch to trades only (for DC). The monthly / bi-weekly "buzz" in buying them off the rack is a good one, and it's fun to go into the comic store again. In that regard, I think DC is really delivering.

Rebirth has definitely been a success for many lapsed readers, including both of us and a bunch of others on this board. And it came at a time I think we all desperately needed it!

Cobalt Kid #938703 10/11/17 06:54 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!

I had never even considered the rest of the Young Justice crew might be MIA with Tim. That would fantastic!

Some really interesting developments regarding at least one YJ character (and the Rebirth status of the team) in this week's Detective issue.

Future Tim has left Conner's Titans and the rift between Tim and the rest of the team seems insurmountable. In order to rectify this, future Tim tells his younger self to forgive Conner, to which the younger Tim replies "who?". This sets up the Batman of the Future arc where Future Tim both realises that time's been altered, and that he can alter it further.

Page 14 of 17 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,012
Posts1,044,269
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Joe Kalicki
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
String
String
The Bright, Sunny South
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star