Roll Call
0 members (), 11 Murran Spies, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Legion Tracker - 04/18/24 05:00 PM
Kill This Thread L - Half a Century
by Ann Hebistand - 04/18/24 02:50 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 04/18/24 02:18 PM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/18/24 02:17 AM
Kill This Thread XLIX - We're Getting Old
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/18/24 02:08 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/17/24 03:44 AM
The thread that ate _____ !
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/17/24 03:44 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nal Brothers (Text Based RPG)
#938759 10/12/17 05:55 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!

As I have been discussing in various parts of the forum, I have been working on a RPG for a few months. In the past I moderated the RPG/game sections of another comic book site, so I really enjoy RPGs. As this is going to be text-based, it will be more about moral choices than math, so you can put away your spreadsheets for now. If this becomes either popular or unruly to host on a forum, we may need to move to PMs or establish a Discord. For now, I think playing by post we be alright. I am considering this first game to be a test, so don't worry too much about winning or losing. We might end up restarting the game if we hit a dead-end in the plot. We will do the planning for a couple of weeks before we start, in order for the Idol game to finish first.

Common RPG Rules

1) Follow all rules of the forum
2) Do not kill or maim other players characters without asking for their permission.
3) Keep relationships between characters appropriate; please nothing graphic
4) Do not act as a god and try to control the plot; that is reserved for the host

The two main things I have yet to determine is the general age range of the characters and the difficulty of the RPG. Please feel free to give your opinion.

Our Story Prologue
Two brothers, the sons of Nura Nal, are on a journey and the fate of the galaxy shall hinge on their accomplishments. Will they succeed in following in their parents heroic footsteps? Or will they forsake that in favor of controlling it? Maybe they will even just burn it all down? Or will you find some path in the middle of hero and villain? These are your choices and your destiny...

Main Characters Absolutely Needed
Name: Clark Nal aka Star Boy
Family: Nura Nal (mother), Thom Kallor (father, dead?, missing?), Querl Dox (stepfather), Clark Kent (godfather, obviously estranged), Val Nal (younger brother), Mysa Nal (aunt), Blok (uncle)
Appearance: Up to the player
Team Associations: Legion Reserves (he applied so many times they just gave it to him)
Brief Biography: As Nura's firstborn child, she wanted to name you Kal after the friend and ally of the Legion better known as Superman. The hero apparently laughed at the idea and encouraged her to name the child Clark instead. You were raised on Naltor until it was realized you are "future-blind", that is, you lacks the ability to see into the future. Nura, by that time in a relationship with Querl Dox better known as Brainiac 5, relocated your family to Mars. You long to live up to the legacy surrounding your dead father and has tried several times to enter the Legion Academy despite your lack of superpowers. You have a deep sense of right and wrong. Will you find a way to live up to your father's legacy? Will you discover a hidden talent and carve your own path? Or will you forfeit your current path and proceed to bring about Kingdom Come? These are your choices...

Name: Val Nal aka Dream Knight
Family: Nura Nal (mother), Querl Dox (father), Queen Projectra of Orando (godmother), Val Nal (older brother), Various Cousins on Colu (Brainiac 8 comes from somewhere), Mysa Nal (aunt), Blok (uncle)
Appearance: Up to the player
Brief Biography : A young man named after Nura's deceased comrade, you too have been given deep legacies to follow. Querl agreed to the Naltorian practice of giving the child the mother's last to discard the villainous classification that comes with the last name Dox. You have not inherited a 12-th level intellect, but you do process information faster than baseline humans. You also inherited your mother's ability to see into the future; however you can see if while awake, which leaves to painful migraines as a side-effect. As you have lived under the shadow of both your parents, you long to distance yourself from the Legion. However, a crisis has emerged and you have been called by your mother to assist. Will this lead to you joining the Legion Academy? Or will you try to form your own path in the world? Perhaps you will embrace your ancestor's heritage and begin collecting bottled cities? These are your choices...

The High Seer of Naltor
The villain of the story who’s kidnapping of the Princess Amaryllis has sparked a crisis in the United Planets. You are the first villain of this story, but probably not the last. Anyone who takes this character should talk to me a bit in private on your ideas for the story so we do not spoil the other players.

Ideas for Characters- You get to create the majority of the details.

Princess Amaryllis: Or Amy, Chlorophyll Kid's daughter, and yes she is a real princess.
Echo: The Legion Academy's resident bully, a coward looking for a bigger bully for protection.
Reflecto: Voted the Most Likely to succeed by the Legion Academy. He is a popular guy who loves to play sports.
Prince Xiaoping: Adopted son of Neutrax, sent to negotiate with the Legion. You have either weak or no powers, but you do harbor a secret that could rock the Legion to its core.
Questor: Former villain and founder of a new cult on Colu that is spreading through the galaxy, in search of awakening "The Potential of the Founder" You are reluctantly working with the Legion on behalf of the govt.

You can also play as Legion of Super-Heroes characters or create your own. I will be reluctant to include the main character's parents directly in the plot unless you, as the player, can give a good reason why. If you create your own character, please create a brief bio.

So, please list any questions or comments on the story. Please also let me know what character you would want to play.

Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb
Re: Nal Brothers (Text Based RPG)
Emily Sivana #939723 10/29/17 03:54 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Hi Emily, this sounds interesting! But, I'm pretty swamped with schoolwork and job applications right now and I don't think I can commit to playing for the rest of the year.

Emily Sivana #939730 10/29/17 07:10 AM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Thank you for taking the time to read and reply. I appreciate the honesty. I guess I will just wait and see if there is any interest. Otherwise, (if I am allowed to) I might try this on another site or even subject people I know in real life.

Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb
Emily Sivana #939742 10/29/17 12:24 PM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
I'm much like Ibby at the minute. Legion World is being pretty much restricted to the rereads for me. They seem to take all my LW time because of the density of the story, or the density of me in writing them up :-) I'd made an exception for your Idol because of how much I enjoy them, but an RPG is more time intensive. I do hope that you get some interest here, as I could pop in and out as time permitted later on.

"...not having to believe in a thing to be interested in it and not having to explain a thing to appreciate the wonder of it."
Emily Sivana #940014 11/04/17 07:34 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Hey Emily
I'm fascinated at the idea, but I'm not sure about the flow/rules of it...

The last time I tried an RPG here was not a good fit (it was WAY too complicated and no one could meet at the same time)...

That being said, I'm obviously down to play Myg, Princess Amaryllis and Clark Nal

Emily Sivana #940017 11/04/17 10:08 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Thank you for your replies. Myg, that is very generous of you. I will wait to see if I can get at least one other person interested before I start. Otherwise, I will just lay low until December rolls around and then do a short game like a Mafia or Towers.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,018
Posts1,044,842
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Valor the M'Onell
Valor the M'Onell
Australia
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star