Roll Call
0 members (), 128 Murran Spies, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by idle - 03/28/24 09:35 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by idle - 03/28/24 08:46 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 03/28/24 07:59 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by stile86 - 03/28/24 07:57 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by stile86 - 03/28/24 07:56 PM
Kill This Thread XLIX - We're Getting Old
by Ann Hebistand - 03/28/24 05:28 PM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Ann Hebistand - 03/28/24 05:24 PM
Who's Who in Raz's Legion? *added ALEK ARCANE 4 February*
by Invisible Brainiac - 03/28/24 11:42 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
Re: Legion World 5 (updated 14 September)
Harbinger #937528 09/14/17 01:33 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Whoa!

Good job with Dragonwing, you really made me like her. I love how she's so professional despite having such a casual and rough demeanor. You've made me a fan, something the Retroboot never succeeded in!

Happy to see this heinous operaiton on Zuun being taken down.

Quite a bombshell there, is Brin really responsible for all this? Or were his memories messed with?

Nice touch having Backlash recognizing what Brin was doing re taking charge of the pack.

Poor Jed and Tel! But it was bound to happen sooner or later. Glad they are not going down without a fight.

Harbinger #937538 09/15/17 03:12 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Thanks IB, greatly appreciated your kind feedback.

When I started the LW series back in the day I really wanted to work on the newer characters, like Marya, but since that first story on Talok I've kind of forgotten about her so wanted to make up for it with this storyline. Really glad to hear you enjoyed it.

Yup, poor Jed and Tel, aww bless them. Maybe something will come up to shake the status quo, you never know smile

Thanks again, coming soon, the end to the Zuun story, the Espionage Squad get some information that will rock the team, Dr Kabbo does something that will pay dividends and there's a trip to talk to a certain seer.

C

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
Harbinger #937610 09/17/17 05:09 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
I really like your take on Dragonwing, she is still feisty but much more likeable than she was in comics smile

Harbinger #937711 09/19/17 10:33 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I was reading a big chunk of this story and got so engrossed that I forgot to make notes as I went along - but no sorrow in going back to reread it!

Not the first time the Legion has suffered a smear campaign, but they're taking effective means to stop it. Cham strikes me as very calm, cool and collected; confident in his Espionage Squad.

Marya has a bit of the teenage brat in her, or maybe it's just a bit of trickster, but I agree she's more likeable than in the comics. She seemed to lose a lot of her feistiness after she joined the Legion in the comic, but not here.

TInya's experience and confidence are really evident. I have to wonder what it feels like for a person when she phases through them. Pretty terrifying to see her hand reaching into your chest - let alone what she does with your heart!

Still fascinated by Starkling and wondering how Lexikon knew she was being mind-scanned. And all throughout the story, looking for clues of who the traitor might be.

That was a sweet moment between Tel and Jed before the bad news is announced.

Wow! The child experiments look like they're even worse than originally thought. Heavy stuff!

Holy Cats of Egypt!
Harbinger #938474 10/06/17 10:13 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Mwindaji and Backlash sure don't seem to get along to well huh? i wonder what the real problem really is?
Backlash makes a good point though. Brin did the right thing by not shedding any blood to show dominance.

I hope the Anubai get their freedom...maybe that could be a legion mission. helping them to resettle.
How is Brin responsible????

Ooo i like how your showing what the Espionage Squad's been up to. Sister Eclipse and Atom Girl are in for the long haul. I like how they took out the reporter and Otkia got to really use her gifts.

WHAT!!??? NO! Jed and Tel have to stick around Tel was really starting to be a better person and Jed is just always getting the short end of the stick.

Dragonwing isn't one i like much she did really well with her quipps and arrest. Her research was well done.
. I'm glad they were able to really shut down the slave ring. Exotic big game hunting of the Anubai and others is just horrible. But what happens now to their creations?

Can't wait for more.

read the adventures of the Reboot Legion!

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001232
Harbinger #938486 10/07/17 09:22 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Zuun:

Timber Wolf - Brin Londo of Zunn, enhanced strength, speed, agility, reflexes and senses
Backlash - Mrruaw M’Nau of Simballi, enhanced strength, speed, senses, absorbs kinetic energy to boost own size and mass
M’Windaji - Gahaji of Kiringyaga, super tracker, carries the Ruby of Life allowing tactile transformative magicks
Green Lantern - Dkyun Mu of Xudar, wearer of a Green Lantern power ring

Before Timber Wolf could say anything else the Legionnaire's flight rings pinged indicating that a holo-comm channel had been opened.

"What is it?" Brin said gruffly, holding out his hand to share the holo of Phantom girl as it grew in air before him.

"This a good time? We've arrested the CEO... Marya figured it out, why they need the kids."

"To run their sick experiments on, you mean?" The Zuunian replied tensely.

"Nope... well, that's part of it but the main reason is for sport. They breed them for the tourists to hunt and kill over on continent Smithfield..." Her expression showed she was not joking.

Before she could say anything else Brin spung across to the Karth Arn android and punched him so hard that his fist went through the android's body. He then flung the spluttering artificial man against a wall.

"Bastards! Everyone of them..." He jumped across towards his victim but before he could continue destroying the android an emerald bubble surrounded him.

"Brin, that will not help anyone. You will strop this now." The green Lantern's voice was reedy and slightly higher than a humans but still carried the authority of one chosen to bear an Oan power ring.

"For grife's sake fish-head, let me outta here!" Brin slammed his fists into the energy sphere but it did not budge.

The Anubai had retreated to the forest glade, whimpering and snapping in their confusion and fear. Backlash casually followed them, his striped tail held high as he walked into the dimly lit environment. Within the glade two of the pack hunched down, their faces turned away in fear. The tigerram strolled up to them and gently placed his face next to theirs. Nothing was said but the Anubai understood he was there for them and reached out to gently stroke his broad feline face. He sat down and nudged them affectionately with his cheek which brought a hooting laugh from one. Several more of the pack cautiously approached, clearly unsure of the great horned tiger that sat with their packmates.

"Tinya... We're with a group of them. They appear to be all almost adult, so how long have they been held here?" Gahaji asked his colleagues holo.

"From what I've found on the data vampire feed it's likely to've been at least ten years." Her expression was hard but her eyes were sad.

"It's my fault!" Brin shouted as he slammed his arms uselessly against the energy sphere.

"What are you talking about?" Tinya said angrily, "You didn't know this was going on, how could you?"

Timber Wolf sat at the bottom the the Lantern's energy bubble and put his head in his hands.

"When I was a kid... My mother died and my dad kinda lost hope. He was a gene-tech on Smithfield but lost his job. We moved to the Ebony Mountains... lots o' land there for next t'nothing. He had a basic android farm and we mined some rare elements and stuff but nothin' major, just enough to get by. I was the one who discovered the properties of Zuunium, or some o' them anyway. I was the smart one." He didn't need to look up from his hands to know Tinya would be smiling.

"What do you mean Brin?" Tinya's tone of voice was steady as she asked.

"I know you think it's a lie but I was, not Lyle Norg class smarts but better'n most and my dad needed help and I did what I had to. It was me that approached the Corporation to get funding. They thought it was a prob'ly a joke but sent a Karth Arn android to monitor just in case. That's that whole android line's role... monitor and then control if there's any trouble. Cover up if anything goes wrong so the Corporation doesn't get any trouble back at its door. We built the Zuunium powered machine an' then used it on me... We thought it'd be a medical breakthrough or something... my mem'ries get fuzzy and I reckon in was Arn's doing so the Corporation could get the patent. Only thing was, between whatever Arn did to me and the side effects of the Zuunium my... my IQ dropped a bit... I kinda recall something about been told I'd lost near 70 points. Bloody Corporation then saw what Zuunium could do so Arn used it's resources to try to stop me... that's were the Legion came in. I was a mess and Arn was trying to get my data. They should never have gotten it all though... I don't r'member what I did to safeguard it exactly... But they must've gotten enough info to get experimenting on these poor kids. When that student said I was just another failed experiment I realised the Corporation must've gotten hold of my data somehow..."

"Brin... no. Whatever you think, no... Just stop. You are not responsible for this. Stop the damn martyr nonsense and listen up. The technology they're using is standard chimera class gene-mod treatments, they don't use Zuunium just common-or-garden frankenstein science. Now the SPs are coming the science staff are telling everything..." Phantom Girl's tone signalled how exasperated she felt, even though her holo portrayed a disarming smile on her face.

Timber Wolf sat up and pulled his hands from his face. "Wha'? You sure Tinya?"

"Absolutely, Marya's going through the files with them right now so we have them ready for the police. I'm going to personally see to it that this place is shut down. No more kids will get damaged by this bunch of reprobates."

"What about the packs that're already here... we're with one but there are dozens o' pens down here. Reckon there must be hundreds of kids they've done this to."

"Well... I maybe getting ahead of mysef but I reckon they'd thrive okay over on Smithfield if there weren't any hunters after them, what do you think?" She smiled at her colleague and for the first time in what felt like too long he smiled back.

"Oh... one more bit of good news. The data vampire has just given us a list of everyone who has hunted on that continent in over a decade so we can track them down too." Tinya Wazzo gave a weary smile as she delivered this news. They couldn't stop the horrors that had happened bu they could make some of those responsible pay for what they were involved in.

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
Harbinger #938487 10/07/17 09:23 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Legion World One, central gymnasium.

Titan ran.

The tall telepath pounded out laps around the mezzanine level track, pushing himself as hard as he could. The sweat running from his head was an obvious sign of his exertion but still he ran, pushing himself up to his absolute physical limits. He had been here for over four hours and didn't plan to stop until he had totally exhausted himself. Yesterday, after returning from Marzal, it had taken him almost six solid hours of exercise before he could sleep.

The gymnasium AI monitored all attendance and effort that the attendees exhibited while there and sent daily reports to the medical team for assessment. It was expected that a few of the team may skip their mandated time in the gym, but not that one would over exert themselves to this degree.

Dr Noah Kabbo had read the report from the day before then checked the gymnasium log for that day. Nasir N'Cube had shown signs of classic distraction techniques, running and exercising to avoid thinking or dealing with a problem - the recent loss of his Shazam abilities and Wonder Woman returning to her home dimension were the most likely issues - though Dr Kabbo knew that things were rarely that simple and so the counsellor understood it was time he had a talk with the teams resident telepath.

Dr Kabbo had wanted to do this earlier but dealing with the poisoning of Booster in the Academy and his subsequent meetings with the students to figure out if any of them knew anything about it had dragged him off base instead. After three hours of meeting with the students and staff at the Academy he had pinpointed one potential candidate and met with Duplicate Girl to discuss his findings. Luornu, and returned to Two. The Academy headmistress had asked to deal with the problem herself and Dr Kabbo could sense her determination so agreed before returning to the medi-bay on Two.

Noah took a deep breath before standing up from his desk. Nasir N'Cube was an alpha grade telepath so would be difficult to persuade to open up, but the counsellor that the team had taken to call Spy knew he would need to deal with this issue before it led to injury or a breakdown.

Time to deal with this, Dr Kabbo thought as he walked down the corridor to the grav-lift. One way or another, the team depended on the counsellor to find a solution to these kind of issues before they got out of hand.

Harbinger #938488 10/07/17 09:24 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Lu took the news to Harmonia.

Professor Li was in her apartment resting. Despite a solid week of treatment the ancient elemental was still not up to her full strength and tired easily. Luorno could see though that the exhaustion lines had gone from Harmonia's face and she held herself upright with an ease that was beginning to border on her former grace. Another week, Duplicate Girl estimated, and Harmonia would be back to her usual indomitable self.

"Are you sure? This will greatly upset Loutrahim and he is still very vulnerable." the ancient elemental said after hearing her Cargggite colleagues news.

"Definitely, there's no doubt it was Morlo Mantis's corpse that was found. A week dead and left to rot... I wonder if he had genuinely planned to contact his son and then... Well, whoever it is that set us up on Venus got involved and... Well, this is a mess. Loutrahim is technically his next of kin so has the right to be informed. I was going to call Dr Kabbo..."

"No, Luornu, that will not be necessary. I will tell Loutrahim as it is only fitting he hears this distressing news from me." Harmonia said, looking her colleague straight in the eye. The ancient elemental's expression hadn't changed but Lu could see the strength of will on her colleagues face.

Duplicate Girl understood at that moment that Professor Li knew full well that this would not be an easy conversation but would not flinch in her duty to do her absolute best for her assistant. Luornu had never warmed entirely to Harmonia but at that moment she understood why this mysterious woman could fit so well with the team, her strength of character and drive to do the right thing even when it could be easier to let someone else do it together with her absolute loyalty to those around her was simply incredible.

"At least let me come with you Harmonia, I understand what grieving feels like..."

Harbinger #938489 10/07/17 09:25 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Zuun:

Phantom Girl – Senior Team member, Tinya Wazzo of Bgtzl Dimension, intangibility
Timber Wolf - Brin Londo of Zunn, enhanced strength, speed, agility, reflexes and senses
Tellus - Ganglios of Hykraius, telepathy and telekinesis
Dragonwing - Marya Pai of Earth, breathes Dragon fire and acid
Backlash - Mrruaw M’Nau of Simballi, enhanced strength, speed, senses, absorbs kinetic energy to boost own size and mass
M’Windaji - Gahaji of Kiringyaga, super tracker, carries the Ruby of Life allowing tactile transformative magicks
Green Lantern - Dkyun Mu of Xudar, wearer of a Green Lantern power ring

It took four hours for the Science Police to finish examining the evidence before them and take the CEO and staff from this section of the Corporation's main plant in for further questioning. They found sixty four children with various levels of minor, so therefore reversible, gene modifications along with three hundred and eighty one others that had been changed too much for too long to ever return to the way they were.

In those hours the Corporation had its Communications and Publicity teams at work, spinning that it was a rogue division within the organisation responsible for the tragic situation but they could still be relied upopn for androids, energy crystals and other technology essential for Rim World survival...

The Science police Chief of the sector along with several senior officers from nearby systems were involved by now. Their joint holo stated firmly that all hunter permits would be revoked for the foreseeable future and the Anubai and the other changelings would be taken to Smithfield were a settlement would be set up for them. The Green Lantern spun an ark from emerald energies and the Legionnaires joined her as she flew these poor twisted beings to their new home. It was while they were en route that M'Windaji had an idea.

"Tinya, if these hunters are paying top credit to go kill things here they must have stayed somewhere? Surely that'll be a nice hotel or homes or the like? Why don't the Anubai stay there instead of having them being empty... ."

Phantom Girl beamed a glorious smile at him as Timber Wolf patted the tracker on his shoulder in appreciation of the idea.

"I like the Anubai." Backlash said in his deep resonant voice, to no-one in particular, "...for canines they are quite decent."

Dragonwing smiled as she stroked behind the tigerram's ears, adding, "And here's a thought, the ecologists who track the dino herds would surely love a chance to study these packs too so there'd be decent people around to help them be safe until they established their own place in the ecosystem."

M'Windaji and Dragonwing used their flight rings to access the local comm-streams, locating two parties of off-world ecologists currently studying the unique flora and fauna on Zuun's largest continent. After they had introduced themselves they asked for directions to the hotels the hunters usually stayed in. The ecologists weren't exactly kind about how they described those visitors to Zuun but gave the coordinates the Legionnaires wanted. Marya Pai asked them if they knew of any groups currently on Smithfield. The ecologists said that they were generally kept away from wherever the game hunters were but there were at least two parties following a large herd of Stegosaurs... Dragonwing smiled and said that they may get a nice surprise soon and she'd be in touch shortly, before breaking off the comm link.

"You are enjoying this, aren't you?" Phantom Girl said.

"Yeah, times like this make all of Lu's then Tasmia's training almost worthwhile." Both woman laughed.

"Guys," Brin began, "Thank you... I'm an ass for going off like I did..."

"Yes. Yes you are an ass Brin, though it's nice that you finally realised it." Tinya said with a smile. He smiled sheepishly as the rest of the group broke into laughter.

Harbinger #938498 10/07/17 05:04 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Harbinger you answered my questions and then some.

Always knew Brin was smarter than he let on. But its interesting that its due to his transformation. i wonder if it could be reversed after all this time?
I liked his and Tinya's exchanges and how she told him and the others everything. I'm glad that she wouldn't even listen to Brin's self hatred and i'm so glad that it turned out that he wasn't responsible. idk if Brin could have really handled being held responsible for all the gene-modified people.

The ideas they all came up with were great for the Anubia on Smithfeild.
Dragonwing has really grown. She's still not one of my fave's but i really do like her so much better under your guidence.
Backlash nuzzling with the Anubia was a sweet moment.
Green Lantern comes through. i'd love to see more with her.

Harmoina and Lu's scene was well done and I agree with Lu. I've warmed to her being in the Legion and she has the essences about her. Poor Death Boy! But now who is the murderer?

Poor Titan i hope Dr. Kaboo can help.

Harbinger #938499 10/07/17 06:26 PM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
Brin having lost some intelligence due to the zuunium is a really interesting idea, and kind of ties in with how dumb he was through a lot of Levitz Legion back in the day (also brings to mind Furball from 5YL)....I wonder if now that it's out in the open if some of the others might treat him differently?

Re: Legion World 5 (updated 19 October)
Harbinger #939055 10/19/17 05:32 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Senior Team Eyes Only: Espionage squad mission to infiltrate Media Star Corporation Headquarters to discover source of previous mission information.

Chameleon Boy – Espionage Squad leader, Reep Daggle of Durla, shape changer
Otaki - Bina Nawoti of Earth, mindsense
Sister Eclipse - of Rhoohanisett iii, durability, heightened senses, physical possession of any living being.
Atom Girl -Sylva Nrilsan of Imsk, can shrink herself to microscopic size.

The technician, Terassi M'Kai, worked in the Intelligence Infrastructure Unit, based in one of the lower levels of Media Star Headquarters.

In the three hours that the technician had spoken with the Legionnaires Sister Eclipse had taken the time to memorise her mannerisms: the way she started each sentence with a "Yeah..." or "Nah...", the motion of her hands that showed when she was trying to think through something, her shy upward glances at the eyes of those she was with... Sister Eclipse had been in the Outer Rim for several years involved with charity work arranged by her religious order and she had become well renowned for her skills at reading people - Terassi M'Kai was shy and lacked confidence that one with her ferocious intellect would be assumed to exhibit. The technician had described the people she worked with and, under Otaki's influence, had truthfully told the Legionnaires about her reactions to each of them.

Sister Eclipse had memorised all this information paying particular attention to the technician's daily routine as she knew that if she was not to alert anyone she would need to stick to it as far as possible.

The possessed technician had walked through the side entrance a full half hour early for her daily shift, presented her security pass and strolled nonchalantly into the scanning centre - patiently waiting as the on-site security team follwed protocol and ensured she was bug free before allowing her to pass with a cheery wave. Sister Eclipse knew that if the technician were to deviate from her routine immediately after entering the media conglomerates headquarters it could send up a red flag to the security team so she made her way to the office space were she would usually work. She nooded her brief hellos to her colleagues and stood at her work station. The tricky part was just away to start.

As was expected she slid her fingers into slots on the side of the console before her. The machine had been engineered on Titan to operate through mental control and was fine tuned to this technicians mind. Chameleon Boy had assured Sister Eclipse that from the results of the tests the Legionnaire had completed from her time at the Academy there shouldn't be any problems. Still the reptillian Legionnaire was wary. Her eyes were closed but her field of vision was filled with a virtual reality 3-D grid. This was were the Artificial Intelligences that effectively ran the media conglomerate were to be found.

If the Espionage Squad were to find anything then it would be in here.

Re: Legion World 5 (updated 19 October)
Harbinger #939056 10/19/17 05:32 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
After spending almost a full standard day on Naltor Dr Richard Kent Shakespeare was fully certain that he deserved a decent break...

It was not that Naltor wasn't beautiful or modern or comfortable or that he and Jan hadn't been made anything other fully welcome... It was just he had a massive trust issue when it came to precognitives. Which given that they had spent the majority of their time in the Titanian Survivors Enclave surrounded by telepaths all the more ironic. Kent had never been worried by mind readers after all he had nothing really to hide but the idea that someone might know what he would do next just didn't sit right with the large doctors world view.

Hell, he thought, his partner could move elements up and down the periodic table with a glance and that was okay... But that feeling he got around people who could second guess him before he'd even figured out what the question was ...it just felt creepy!

And despite Jan appreciating his visit and the intense medi-path treatment he had received from Profesor Aven's team Kent had simply wanted to get back to Legion World and the relative security of being around the exotic and weird and wonderful people of the Legion. The oddness of thinking that this lifestyle was in anyway remotely linked to normality wasn't lost on Kent either. But still, it didn't make his teeth itch half being here dealing with any manner of exotic and meta-folk as much as being in a room with half a dozen people who may already knew what the next few minutes could bring...

His relief at being back at their base was short lived as he checked his personal holo-stream for messages on their return journey and found out that one of the students from the Academy was currently being held in a stasis pod due to suspected poisoning. Drura and Noah had yet to figure out what had caused it but that hadn't stopped the poor lad's condition from deteriorating.

So, a potentially deliberately poisoned student... And it looked as if it must have been someone at the Academy that was responsible. Kent hoped the lad would make a quick recovery and that the media didn't get hold of this information as they would soon twist it into something truly monstrous.

When was the teams run on poor luck ever going to end?

Re: Legion Worlds 5 (updated19 October)
Harbinger #939057 10/19/17 05:33 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Senior Team Eyes Only: Espionage squad mission to infiltrate Media Star Corporation Headquarters to discover source of previous mission information.

Sister Eclipse - of Rhoohanisett iii, durability, heightened senses, physical possession of any living being.

For a very long forty five minutes Sister Eclipse did everything she could to act like the technician she had possessed.

When she was certain that the colleagues they had been told about had all passed by the small cubby-office that housed her work station she released her fingers from the console slots and confidently walked back towards the entrance. There was a grav-lift thirty meters along the corridor. Sister Eclipe's time enveloped within the Media star virtual data-system had been used fruitfully to find the physical location of the data banks they needed. Unfortunately the technician did not have access from her own station to run the information they wanted and the data vampire Atom Girl had in her hip pounch needed the physical contact to work.

With the grav-lift she punched tapped the icon for the third basement level and flashed her ID. It took a long five seconds before the lift door irised shut and she descended to the archive the espionage Squad needed.

As the door opened Atom Girl send a thought along the telepathic comm channel.

<Let me know when you want me sis, okay?>

<Perhaps we should be prepared now...> As she thought that the technician appeared to casually scratch her ear. In fact, the Imskian Legionnaire took the opportunity to get onto her colleagues fingertip and get herself ready as they approached one of the physical data storage banks. Sylva had a data vampire ready to plant, just as soon as Sister Eclipse put her on the right spot.

The possesses technician approached the circular desk at the entre of the room. It appeared to be made of clear glass though the legionnaires had been told that this was how direct interface with the Media Star Corporation AI banks could be reached. Sister Eclipse gently placed her hand upon the clear surface.

<On it!> Atom Girl sent.

Chameleon Boy had reassured the two of them that as long as Atom Girl kept hold of the data vampire in her Imskian shrink field he believed it would work perfectly. He had also said Brainiac 5 and Gear had developed a sub-routine that would keep it from being detect by any security algorithms. They had both picked up, though hadn't said anything during their mission briefing, that he had not reassured them that this had been accomplished in a time pressured mission before.

"Terassi? What are you doing here? What's a Grade Nine slumming with the likes of us for?" The voice was warm and friendly, the challenge was not an immediate threat. Sister Eclipse turned and made the technicians face smile.

"Ah, yeah... hi there. I'm checking something out. How are you?"

The man who approached them smiled in return, his eyes sharp and eager. Sister Eclipse knew that she had misjudged this conversation immediatedly. This man was not a friend, merely a colleague and if she had guessed rightly, one that the technician did not rate very highly.

<Do you want me to deal with him?> Atom Girl asked.

<No... I think we need to be careful of this one, I believe we were warned about him...>

Re: Legion Worlds 5 (updated19 October)
Harbinger #939182 10/20/17 10:39 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Nice ending to the mission on Zuun! The Legionnaires came up with an elegant solution that was the best that could happen, considering some things are not reversible. Nice explanation for Brin's loss of intelligence.

Love seeing Sister Eclipse and Atom Girl in the spotlight. I'm also eager to see how you will deal with Terassi - what will she think after she's been released?

Asa psych major, I appreciate very much Dr. Kabbo's role on the team! Love seeing him.

Interesting bit with Kent, and how he is more uncomfy of precogs than of telepaths!

Re: Legion Worlds 5 (updated 2 November)
Harbinger #939920 11/02/17 01:38 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer

"Terassi... watchu doin' here really?"

Sister Eclipse had been told about him, his name was Rudi Alvarath and he was one of the Infrastructure Controllers that her host often had to deal with. He was the one she felt most intimidated by, he leered at her and often touched her; nothing inappropriate enough for her to get him fired but enough that she was always left feeling vulnerable. He had told her once that in Rio Dejaneriopolis his behaviour was acceptable and she should be grateful that he paid attention to her. Terassi had felt creeped out by him and here they were in the lower sections of the building alone... Rudi Alvarath was not tall but he had an intimidating physique. His shoulders and torso were broad and solid, his arms and legs obviously well muscled, and his eyes were those of a raptor searching for his next strike. The Legionnaire understood why her host felt scared of him.

Rudi the Creep was circling her like she was easy prey all the while unaware that she was possessed by a Legionnaire with unarmed combat training. Sister Eclipse felt a moments happiness as she realised that she had an opportunity to do a favour for the woman whose body she currently inhabited.

<Atom girl, how long until you are ready to leave?> Sister Eclipse asked her colleague.

<Seconds now... gimme thirty?>

<Perfect!>

"So, what you doin' here? You tech's only slum it when there's an 'mergency." The muscular man asked through a predatory grin. He took a step towards her and put an arm out as if to stop her walking past him. Sistter Eclipse knew he needed to be taught a life lesson and silently gave thanks to the One Who Is Next that she was to be her deity's instrument in giving it.

"Ah... yeah, well... ummm..." Sister Eclipse muttered.

"What was that?" He moved in closer, both arms now outstretched, one either side of the apparently scared young technician.

The technician kept her head down, her dark hair falling across her face in the perfect picture of uncomfortable subjugation. Behind the falling hair her eyes darted to either side, precisely noting here his hands were. A if terrified she stumbled to her left and Rudi the Creep's hand brushed against her breast. She screamed and grabbed his hand, apparently to push it away, though in reality she pulled it towards her side as if he were trying to grab her. Rudi stumbled forward, thrown off balance by this sudden move. Sister Eclipse took this opportunity to give a sharp kick to his shins causing him to yelp in surprise. As he did she slapped him on the side of his head ensuring she cupped her hand as she struck his ear. She had learned a long time ago that human ears could be sensitive that this sort of blow could damage his ear drum giving him pain for days to come.

"Security! Help, he's attacking me!" She screamed, before kicking his other shin.

"You bitch! You feck..." Her knee caught him spectacularly in the groin before he could complete his sentence and he groaned as he crumpled in on himself.

She artfully pretended to stumble as she walked past him so her hand could touch the central control desk.

<You got me, let's go> Atom Girl sent.

<One minute and we shall. I just need to finish something>

"Security! This is Terassi M'Kai. I demand footage of the last ten minutes from my current location is sent directly to my personal stream-account."

With that she walked out of the control room, just as three security guards rushed in. One stopped beside her while the other two ran to the man curled on the floor.

"R..R..Rudi attacked me... he touched me..." With her hair still over her face and some judicious acting portraying a frightened victim the guards could not doubt her.

"Ms M'Kai, let me take you to the Med-centre." One guard said gently.

"No.. no.. I want to go home now... I just... need to go home."

Sister Eclipse was impressed that with very little effort she had made the technician cry, adding to her already dishevelled appearance.

"Of course ma'am, I'll order an aircar now for you."

Within minutes Sister Eclipse and Atom Girl were back at the technicians apartment. After they had double checked they were alone Atom Girl resumed her full size and pulled an anaesthetic patch from one of the pouches on her belt.

"Whenever you're ready Sister." The Imskian said.

"Three... two... one..." Atom Girl placed the anaesthetic on the technician hand as her teammate stepped out from her body.

"Want to tell me what that was about with the security guards? You coulda broken his legs without any of that drama."

"The security footage will show an appalling man trying to take advantage of a vulnerable girl, and her knocking him flat. By requesting the security footage I guarantee that several of the guards will watch it and then word will get about that poor little shy Terass isn't to be messed with anymore. And perhaps that ugly man will be reprimanded by management. Even if he isn't though his reputation amongst his peers will be ruined and Terassi's will only grow. She won't remember any of this but when she watches the footage back... I hope, perhaps her confidence will grow as well."

Atom Girl grinned widely but the holo-man Henry materialised before them before anything more could be said. Atom Girl said 'hi' before removing the patch from the sleeping technician. She would stay unconscious for several more hours, and a retro-virus that Reep had asked Querl to install into the patch would mimic a flu -like virus for the next 24 hours meaning she would think she slept so long because she had been ill. Hopefully that would give her some excuse for not remembering her morning.

Sister Eclipse gently pulled a throw around the sleeping woman before stepping through the warp back to her teammates on Legion World Two.

Harbinger #939921 11/02/17 01:39 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Legion World Two, private quarters of Retro:

Deen Toro waited in his quarters

He had thrown himself into working on Two since returning last week from the aborted good will tour of the Rim Colonies. He knew what was coming, the Nordhelm soothsayer had been explicit enough that Deen knew the team were not going to find it easy when the UP came for them. So he had decided to make sure all their defences were in place. He had called upon Hethuk, the Talokian Weapon Smith that Marya was living with to offered his services. Hethuk had been really happy with the offer and they had spend the last four days working closely together.

Retro had pushed himself, surviving off minimal sleep as he focussed on ensuring the teams new base had all it's weapons, sensors and shields intact. Hethuk had asked a couple of times why Deen was suddenly so proactive but he had not given a full answer, merely saying that he wanted to feel safe when they left Sol. The Talokian smith hadn't pushed for answers, being too grateful that he had an assistant that could rewind his timeline if a mistake was made so that they never lost a moment.

Retro was driven.

Even after the announcement to the team that they were leaving the Sol System Deen had been set to return to the lower decks to continue working on the Strato-burners. That was, until Brainiac 5 had contacted Deen to ask if they could meet to discuss a temporal issue the Coluan was looking into. Instantly Deen had said yes and returned to his quarters. That was almost forty minutes ago. The Coluan genius thanked Deen for his patience as he strode into the new Legionnaire's apartment.

"I believe you have been assisting Hethuk. Thank you for that though we can put you to better use. I have a suggested mission... If you are willing? I would like you to return to Nordhelm and interview the Seer."

"Yeah... That's a good idea. Of course!"

"If you are not busy currently perhaps we could start now?"

"Uh... yeah, of course, so, are you joining me?" the new Legionnaire was surprised that his Coluan team mate would leave their base.

"Evidently. I need clarification of the data you received to be able to formulate a plan of action."

"Ummm... maybe we can take Lexikon? She was held in high regard."

"Did you tell her about the warning you were given?"

"No... of course not!"

"Good, we won't require her then." Querl Dox looked around the apartment before lifting his hand up to his mouth and speaking into his flight ring, "Henry, warp please."

"No... You're mistaken Querl, we will probably need Lexi. It's a warrior culture on Nordhelm and they held her in high regard. We're not going on an official mission nor are we invited so she will be able to help if there's any ...issues turn up. Sorry, but you weren't there, you don't know what it's like."

The Coluan glanced across at his colleague. Although Retro looked to be a typical athletic eighteen year old human, Querl was well aware Deen Toro had lived for at least a century and in that time had shown great academic dedication. Retro's judgement was unlikely to be clouded by teenage sentimentality, hormones or social needs, so Brainiac 5 nodded his agreement.

"Princess Daheenisha cannot be lied to, her language abilities make that an impossibility so I will explain to her why we are going... or at least partially explain. We only have four hours until I will be needed in the Command Control so we had better begin."

Several minutes later the Tamaranean princess stood before them, smiling as Brainiac 5 explained they wished to further examine some evidence that Retro had discovered on Nordhelm and they believed she would be an asset to their mission. Although he did not ask her directly if she wanted to join them his tone let her know this was not an official order but it was still expected she would leave with them anyway.

"I would be glad to join you, if only to visit the Sisters of the Sword again. It is rare that humans understand the true value of combat..."

As Brainiac 5 gave warp co-ordinates Henry the holo-man appeared before them and smiled tightly before replying.

"Mission protocols state you need a team of six Professor Dox, who else will be joining you?"

Brainiac 5 looked momentarily surprised that his order had been challenged before giving a small unhappy smile and requesting Andromeda, Invisible Kid and Starkling to join them.

"Of course... I shall alert them to your request." The holo-man gazed into space until the three Legionnaires arrived. Lexikon used the time to contact the Valkyri, the Sisterhood that protected the Nordhelm royal family, to let them know to expect the Legionnaires.

As soon as the their teammates arrived Querl bluntly told the three of them that he and Retro were going to Nordhelm to retrieve some evidence, but they could use the trip as a break while he did his work, so long as they didn't interrupt or ask questions about the investigation. None looked too impressed as the warp spun before them and they stepped through.

Henry smiled as the warp closed behind the team.

Harbinger #939922 11/02/17 01:39 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Professor Harmonia Li, Lournu Durgo-Taine and Loutrahim Mango walked through Henry's warp from Legion World Two straight into the Venusian morgue in Seven Dome City.

Harmonia led the way and introduced them to the two attendants that she had called only moments earlier. Both were slightly shaken by the Legionnaire's arrival but respectfully led the way to a separate room were the lights were slightly dimmed and the walls had been painted a deep aubergine, a stark contrast to the white walls outside. Luornu walked beside Loutrahim. The young bio-chemist started to shake as he walked into the room where his father's body was resting.

"He... ah, he had been badly treated prior to dying but we've done what we can... I'm terribly sorry for your loss." The attendant said quietly before leaving the Legionnaires quietly.

"I don't remember him... he left me and my mother before I was even two standard, but... this is not how I wanted to meet him y'know... I never thought about meeting him really, not in a good way." Loutrahim Mango said as he looked down at the body in the coffin before him.

"Loutrahim, we estimate he was killed by whomever it is that's responsible for setting that trap on Venus. It's reasonable to think he... your father had genuinely wanted to contact you but..." Duplicate Girl spoke quietly.

"It's okay Lu, you don't have to say anything." The laboratory assistant replied.

"Loutrahim, please liosten now as what Luornu says is true. Querl extrapolated from the data flows we have that your father initiated contact with you. We are unable to discern exactly when our unknown opponent intervened, but we do know that your father had been taken from you at least six hours before we arrived." Harmonia's voice gave away no emotional subtext in her tone though Loutrahim could see in her eyes that the ancient elemental felt sad to tell him this news. The implication that his father may be alive if Loutrahim was not associated with the Legion was clear. "He was murdered after he had reached out."

"It's okay, honestly. Ah... I never knew him and never really wanted to. Y'know, I used to be so angry at him for leaving me behind but now... I just feel sad for him, y'understand?" tears ran down the young man's cheeks in contrast to the fragile smile on his face.

Luornu was surprised as Harmonia stepped forward to put her arms around her assistant, giving him a tight hug. After a few seconds she could hear him openly sob for everything he'd lost.

Harbinger #939923 11/02/17 01:40 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Brainiac 5 – Legion World manager, Professor Querl Dox of Colu, 12th level intelligence
Invisible Kid - Jacques Foccart of Earth, invisibility
Lexikon - Princess Daheenisha of Tamara iv, enhanced speed, strength, durability, flight, omni-linguist
Andromeda - Kara Zor-El of Krypton, incredible strength, speed, stamina, senses, laser vision, space flight, invulnerability
Retro - Deen Toro of Ventura, limited reversal of personal timeline
Starkling – telepathic swarm-being composed of indestructible ball bearing sized components

Astrild smiled as the Legionnaires walked through Henry's warp.

The young Valkyri had recovered fully since the team had seen her last. Almost as tall as Lexikon, she struck an imposing figure. Nordhelm's high gravity gave all of its residents a naturally powerful build, couple with the chainmail armour and two swords strung from her belt and horned helmet, the young woman looked every inch the warrior she was.

Lexikon held out her hand and the two women grabbed each others wrists in welcome.

"My Queen awaits you through here..." The Valkyri motioned them along a dark stone corridor towards a set of wooden doors bound by large metal strips.

<Querl, what are we doing here?> Kara sent along their personal bandwidth.

<We won't be here long, don't worry. Perhaps you would like Lexikon to introduce you to the Valkyri?> Querl's brush off was tempered by an emotional subtext of apology. Kara took the hint and asked Astrild if she could meet any more of her Sisterhood as she had heard such great things about them from the team that had been here before. Ahead in the corridor Querl smiled to himself, Kara was more than intelligent enough to know that in light of their convesation a week before he would only tell her the salient details of this mission when he felt secure enough to.

Brainiac 5 asked Retro and Starkling to join him into see Queen Thruth and asked the other three Legionnaires to be ready to leave within the hour.

<Starkling...> Querl sent a message along the telepathic comm link, <Dirk told me that you are aware of the current issue the team has, we are here to investigate it further. Please join Retro and I so you can alert me of any untruth that the Queen may give>

With unexpected courtesy Brainiac 5 thanked the Valkyri as they reached the door for allowing them to have this time with her queen. Astrild gave a quick smile before saying that as Lexikon had bested her in single combat she had the rights of a Valkyri so could make such requests whenever she felt it necessary.

Querl nodded before turning back to the broad wooden door before him and respectfully tapping his knuckle against it.

"You may enter Legionnaires..." The voice from within was muffled by the thickness of the door but it still sounded strong.

The door swung open revealing a surprisingly modern looking apartment: Clean white floor tiles with a large holo-pit in the corner, several floating couches and concealed lighting giving the otherwise stark room a warm abience. The queen stood with her back to the Legionnaires as she gazed out of a slit window.

"How may we be of assistance Legionnaires?" Her voice was strong, confident even, though Querl could read in her posture that the ruler of this distant world was tired.

"My apologies for the suddeness of this request your majesty but we were hoping to talk with a seer one of my colleagues conversed with..."

"Lord Asta of The Fallen Castle Upon The Cliff, you mean?" she looked surprised, "Yes, we had heard he had spoken to Deen Toro. He... he was a seer of great worth and sadly also was murdered the day your teammates left us, most brutally. His death has in turn ignited a smouldering fued between two of my more beligerent barons. It is an unfortunate turn of events, no?"

Harbinger #939929 11/02/17 02:22 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
The plot thickens!

Love the team with Brainy. Kara and Retro are both bright enough to know what to do. And Starkling's knowledge will be put to good use. Quite a cliffhanger!

Loved Atom Girl and Sister Eclipse! The Sister is rapidly becoming a favorite, and it's great how she dealt with that man. I wonder if any of the Legionnaires privy to this mission have mixed feelings about using Terassi? They gave her no harm and possibly even helped her, but it;s an interesting dilemma.

Just spotted a little typo in the first entry - instead of "eyes" you have "yes". The description of Rudi.

Harbinger #939931 11/02/17 02:55 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Thanks IB, typo sorted smile

I intentionally made the Espionage Squads mission morally ambiguous, as I think that it's in their remit to have a bit more latitude than the average mission.

Sister Eclipse was fun to write, so I'm glad you liked her. The newer members of the team all need a little bit more attention so expect to read more about her soon.

Brainy's little side mission will have repercussions.

Thanks again IB, coming up soon the plot indeed thickens, Dr Kabbo makes an alarming discovery, Jan shares his plans with the Senior team and something wicked this way comes...

Harbinger #939932 11/02/17 03:34 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Harbinger you've done it again. i'm on the edge and can't wait to find out more.

like IB Sister Eclipse is becoming a fast favorite and can't wait to hear more about her.
I like that she did a little extra to try and help out Terassi in her everyday life. That little touch made me like her even more.

This mission was well done and hopefully effective. i wonder what they will find on the data they took.

When you had Sister send the security vids to Terassi's personal stream i thought it was to get rid of evidence of some sort. But i hope it has the affect on Terassi that the Sister hopes it does.

Ok....Henery is up to something i can feel it. He knows something and i wish that beacon wasn't there so we could find out what else he knows.

Retro helping and doing everything he can to make LW2 safe is great. its the practical side we don't see often. I wonder when a certain Seer will come back into the fold to help now that Lord Asta of The Fallen Castle is dead.

oooo someone saw them talk and now its caused his death! I'm surprised whoever is targeting the Legion aren't going out of their way to take out all percogs/seers or at least keep them from the Legion.

Harmonia and Death boy's scene was heartbreaking. That poor boy. i hope this doesn't cause him to turn on the Legion for real.

Can't wait for more Harbinger!!!!

Harbinger #940021 11/05/17 04:07 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
I love that Sister Eclipse actually put some good thought into how Terassi would need to live with whatever she did in her body and it wasn't just a kneejerk reaction to that guy being a creep! That was really well done smile

I am a bit worried about Henry as well...and Harmonia being there for Loutrahim after what he did to her gives her more character depth once again than anything that she ever did in the comics!

Harbinger #940035 11/05/17 07:54 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Originally Posted by Harbinger

I intentionally made the Espionage Squads mission morally ambiguous, as I think that it's in their remit to have a bit more latitude than the average mission.

Thanks Harbi, I was sure you had done so. And this is probably why these missions are on a need to know basis. I think there’s a great opportunity here for some spirited debate. as I’m sure some Legionnaires would have qualms (maybe Titan? Jacques? Zoe?) though i’m sure the senior team has a system for deciding which Legionnaires would be able to handle the shades of gray... and perhaps some senior team members aren’t quite privy to all the Squad does either! ooh, this is all so interesting.

Harbinger #940061 11/06/17 03:40 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Omni and Raz, thanks again for your support.

Sister Eclipse will have an interesting moment soon as we reach the finale of the traitor storyline.

Henry definitely has his own agenda, whether it matches the teams is up for debate though.

Harmonia and Loutrahim have places to go still though I don't know if it's what you expect.

Thanks again guys, very grateful for your kind words.

C

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,012
Posts1,044,306
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Non-Magnetic Kid
Non-Magnetic Kid
We're coming Vee!!!!
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star