Roll Call
0 members (), 14 Murran Spies, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Sarcasm Kid - 04/19/24 10:08 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by idle - 04/19/24 08:52 PM
Kill This Thread L - Half a Century
by Ann Hebistand - 04/19/24 05:14 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 04/19/24 11:59 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/19/24 01:49 AM
Kill This Thread XLIX - We're Getting Old
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/18/24 02:08 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/17/24 03:44 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: halloween films !!
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!

Humanoid from the Deep
Humanoid from the Deep
I'm not surprised to hear Zombie can be a bit of an egotistical jerk. This is the guy who blamed horror fans themselves for his movies failing critically every time after all. shake

Last edited by Kappa Kid; 09/26/16 06:17 AM.

Keep up with what I've been watching lately!

"Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? Our nation turns its lonely eyes to you."
K
Leader
Leader
K
My 13-year-old granddaughter, whom I have called 'Sapphire' elsewhere (because that is not her name) has been involved in musical theater here for a few years.

What she would really like to do for Halloween one year, is for Disney to release a stage version of Nightmare Before Christmas, or Neil Gaiman to write Coraline: The Musical.

And then let her Theater group do it.

Sorry... silly me. Y'all meant "Halloween" films, not Hallowe'en films.

Last edited by Klar Ken T5477; 10/26/17 07:40 PM.

“I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal.” -- Groucho Marx
Lard Lad #939384 10/24/17 02:18 AM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Originally Posted by Paladin
I watched the last hour or so of Halloween 5 last night on AMC. Question for Cobie and the rest of the "experts": Did or didn't the character Tina die in the scene out in the forest after Michael tried to run down Jamie? It's heavily implied that she did, especially by Jamie's reaction. But to me, it looked like a survivable wound, and it showed Tina on a gurney moments later with ot any covers over her.

I dunno. To me it looks like they're leaving her fate up in the air in case they want to use her in a sequel, but I could be wrong. I swear it bothers me every time I see that movie because I think she lived!

Of course, I'm sure no one planned for part 6 to come out six years later, so that has to be taken into consideration! smile

So...yeah, it's October, and the 4-5-6 Halloween trilogy just got played again on AMC. Seeing 5 ALWAYS makes me think again about whether the intent was or was not for the character of Tina to have been killed off. We see her writhing just after suffering the wound and weakly imploring Jamie to run. The exact location of her single stab wound is ambiguous. It was somewhere in the chest or possibly in the shoulder. And we later see her on a gurney, not in, or being put in, a body bag.

It just seems that Tina is set up to basically take up the role that Rachel served as Jamie's protector. Rachel falls early in the film, and Tina is there to step into the void. By horror movie logic, this means she should survive to the end of the film. I guess this is why Tina apparently dying just nags at me so, with the vague circumstances of her demise backing that feeling up. I suppose I should applaud the filmmakers for not making their plot quite so predictable, but it bugs me that Tina dying may not have been the intent.

Meanwhile, another cool character from 4 & 5's fate seems ambiguous, as well. I speak of Sheriff Meeker. He apparently dies in the finale of 5 as the mysterious Man in Black shoots up the police station and frees Michael. We see a number of bodies but no lingering camera shot on Meeker. More than one of them looks like they could be him, but I don't get the confirmation I need. Plus, who's to say that all the officers are dead, though it doesn't look particularly good? *sigh* I can drive myself crazy with this sort of thing! In any case, I enjoyed the character and what the actor's presence added to those two movies.

As for 6, a young Paul Rudd's performance as grown up Tommy Doyle is...bizarre, to put it kindly. I guess we're lucky this role didn't kill Rudd's career because we would have been all the poorer without his gift for comedic roles.

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Watched the first one last night. Despite seeing 4, 5, H20, and parts of the others, I realised I've never sat down and watched the first one. Some thoughts:

Loomis is much more of a non-entity than I thought he'd be. He's exposition machine and little else until the last frame. I did find it funny how he spooked the kids, showing a bit of a mean streak in him.

Michael isn't that big. In later movies they really beef him up (ala Jason) to increase his intimidation factor, but in the kitchen scene he's no bigger than Ben.

P.J. Soles! The immortal Riff Randall! (Well, maybe not so immortal in this one).

Funny to see the kids watching "The Thing".

Pacing was interesting. I had to check the time on the PVR and was surprised to find only 15 minutes left and the main action really hadn't even started yet. They packed a lot into the final frame.

The supernatural aspects of Michael's recovery similarly came out of left field and would be a little jarring if you didn't already know the story.

I know it's a horror movie, but Laurie drops the knife TWICE next to Michael's body. C'mon!

I wasn't aware there was a face reveal. Interesting he couldn't kill until the mask was on (similar to his sister). But if that's his hang-up, how could he kill that guy in the pick-up?

So was a sequel always planned or was it just one of those open endings?

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,018
Posts1,044,859
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star