Roll Call
0 members (), 333 Murran Spies, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread XLIX - We're Getting Old
by Ann Hebistand - 03/28/24 12:20 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by thoth lad - 03/28/24 11:47 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 03/28/24 11:44 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by Invisible Brainiac - 03/28/24 11:42 AM
Who's Who in Raz's Legion? *added ALEK ARCANE 4 February*
by Invisible Brainiac - 03/28/24 11:42 AM
Postlo3w stories *LATEST UPDATE 28 MARCH*
by Invisible Brainiac - 03/28/24 11:35 AM
Share more completely random things!
by Invisible Brainiac - 03/28/24 06:23 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 03/28/24 06:22 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: LSH in CW Supergirl
Evolution Has Failed #940924 11/20/17 08:43 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Legion fans will not want to miss tonight's episode (if you missed the broadcast, catch it on cwtv.com). Much of the speculation above was not quite right.

Evolution Has Failed #940947 11/21/17 01:22 PM
L
lm8 Offline
Substitute
Substitute
L
I'd be very curious to hear what others thought of last night's Supergirl episode.

Kept thinking Imra should have ended up with Garth or Rokk, not Mon-el. They mentioned seven people in pods (and Mon-el said they were people like him), so that means they could have seven Legionaires show up on Supergirl. Was disappointed that Lexcorp came up with the cure for lead poisoning (400 years later) instead of Imra or Brainiac 5 working on/finding a cure. Wondering if they'll have any of the Legionaires on next week's crossover episodes.

Also thought the other plot line sounded a lot like the Doomsday plot-line from Smallville. Wondering if they may try to follow parts of the Smallville plot line with regards to the Legion. They might have the Legion show up to help Supergirl fight the female equivalent of Doomsday.

Evolution Has Failed #940949 11/21/17 04:32 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Next Legion episode seems to be episode 10 called 'The Legion of Super-Heroes' but I guess they could tease the pods opening as the cliffhanger to 9.

'You don't need a victory to prove to me you're tops' - Supergirl to Brainiac 5 (Adventure Comics 375)

benevolentbrainiac.webs.com
Evolution Has Failed #941031 11/23/17 04:07 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
So I am just now finding out Saturn Girl is married to Mon-El. Who do I have to murder right now?

Evolution Has Failed #941032 11/23/17 07:01 PM
Active
Active
I watched the episode and I have to tell you it was a huge disappointment. I don't even know who these people are ("Mon-el" and "Saturn Girl")
I wish the CW with all its budget and resources would at least hire someone to look into the history and characters that are Legion, (maybe read some comics?) and not just use names and expect that long time fans and newer ones too, will just accept it.

I don't think I will watch Supergirl anymore. It's too painful..... and insulting. And I'm pretty sure when they are done corrupting, distorting and inventing the Legion in this current plotline, there will be lots and lots of angry and disappointed fans out there.

What a shame. They could have made it great.
* heavy sigh*

In the present
Evolution Has Failed #941036 11/23/17 09:06 PM
K
Leader
Leader
K
Perhaps it is best to come to terms with the fact that the Legions we remember ended in August 2013.

This is not the Supergirl from the comics. This is not the Legion from the comics. Not even close.

This is Earth-CW. It is what it is. And what it is, is Soap Opera. (And Arrow and Flash and Legends.)

“I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal.” -- Groucho Marx
Para-Dox #941037 11/23/17 10:24 PM
Active
OP Offline
Active
Originally Posted by Para-Dox
Next Legion episode seems to be episode 10 called 'The Legion of Super-Heroes' but I guess they could tease the pods opening as the cliffhanger to 9.

Wow, I had no idea (until now) that there was actually an upcoming episode so named... I find this very exciting!!!

SOOOO... Happy Thanksgiving everyone (with due apologies to non-US readers), and having just seen my 88 year-old mother for said turkey ritual, I am reminded of a saying she used almost daily which I think is relevant to why I am not feeling as negative as many of you are:

"Beggars can't be choosers".

Not that I would dare invalidate anyone's disappointment ... the more you love something, the easier it is to be disappointed by it, and I have been there with the LSH many times myself...

But this show is "Supergirl" , not "Legion of Super-Heroes', and I don't recall anyone promising us the LSH (at least not until the ep. 10 title was released very, very recently), so given the fact that they didn't have to give us any LSH at all, I pretty happy with what we appear to be getting so far:
Saturn Girl, a mention of Querl, and the 30th Century.

Given Mon-el's depressed state, I imagine it is some sort of dystopian future, or if not, they are at the very least FLEEING to the past to escape some threat.

Of course, I have never felt any of the romantic pairings to be integral to defining the Legion, but I do see how losing one you like might be disappointing

Last edited by Evolution Has Failed; 11/24/17 01:49 PM.

"I like stuff that doesn't exist."
Evolution Has Failed #941170 11/27/17 10:15 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I haven't been impressed with this Supergirl series, so I'm not particularly surprised at the mixed reactions of the inclusion of the Legion.

For the TV stuff, I tend to agree with Evolution - it's NOT going to be the Legion we're used to but it does give a wider audience exposure to the Legion. This version of Mon-El has never rung true, so I just let my expectations go.

I want to see what they do with the Legion - who are apparently back from the future in order to save Kara. So we'll see

Yes, I would have preferred the Legends of Tomorrow to run into the Legion. Because I like the show more

Evolution Has Failed #941195 11/27/17 04:01 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
I'm more bothered by Imra not being blonde than by her being with Mon-El. They could easily have had the actress play Shadow Lass.

I'm still cautiously optimistic about this, though.

Evolution Has Failed #941231 11/28/17 01:42 PM
Active
Active
*spoiler is for anybody waiting to see all 4 parts of the crossover*

OK...as has been speculated on a lot of sites...from last nights episode...

Was that XS posing as a caterer offering Barry some water? It just has to be either her or Dawn Allen! Right?

I sure hope so!
smile

Last edited by kenaustin; 11/28/17 01:44 PM.
kenaustin #941232 11/28/17 01:45 PM
R
Substitute
Substitute
R
Originally Posted by kenaustin
*spoiler is for anybody waiting to see all 4 parts of the crossover*

OK...as has been speculated on a lot of sites...from last nights episode...

Was that XS posing as a caterer offering Barry some water? It just has to be either her or Dawn Allen! Right?

I sure hope so!
smile

The way the scene played, I assumed it was your second option.

Evolution Has Failed #941233 11/28/17 01:56 PM
Active
Active
I'm leaning toward the former because of the excited way of speaking and the hairstyle.

But it seemed to much emphasis on the scene for it to be a throwaway. Finger crossed!

Evolution Has Failed #941296 11/29/17 08:41 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
I strongly suspect the character in question will be one of those emerging from one of the pods in a future episode of Supergirl, and that this was a clever way of foreshadowing that.

Klar Ken T5477 #941358 12/01/17 06:00 AM
Substitute
Substitute
Originally Posted by Klar Ken T5477
Perhaps it is best to come to terms with the fact that the Legions we remember ended in August 2013.

This is not the Supergirl from the comics. This is not the Legion from the comics. Not even close.

This is Earth-CW. It is what it is. And what it is, is Soap Opera. (And Arrow and Flash and Legends.)

Are Legion fans really the ones to complain about soap opera? The Legion couples are a huge part of the fun.

'You don't need a victory to prove to me you're tops' - Supergirl to Brainiac 5 (Adventure Comics 375)

Rob-Em #941384 12/01/17 02:29 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally Posted by Rob-Em

The way the scene played, I assumed it was your second option.

I initially thought the first option, but it might've been more wishful thinking.

Also, I thought it was interesting that Felicity used the term "Brainiac" during the crossover. (referring to all the scientific geniuses who were at STAR labs during the X-over) I know it's a common term, but in light of recent LSH sightings (and Querl appearing on the show), it just made my ears perk up.

Last edited by DrakeB3004; 12/01/17 02:30 PM.
Evolution Has Failed #941386 12/01/17 03:37 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
It's interesting since the term "Brainiac" primarily derives from the comic book character, which kind of implies that Brainiac exists as a comic book character on Earth-1, or maybe that Brainiac himself exists on Earth-1.

Evolution Has Failed #941390 12/02/17 08:53 AM
K
Leader
Leader
K
Flash Fact:
James G. Blaine was a failed Presidential candidate who lost at the Republican convention to Rutherford B. Hayes in 1876.
His supporters were known as the “Blainiac Reservation.”

https://www.loc.gov/resource/ppmsca.28223/

“I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal.” -- Groucho Marx
Evolution Has Failed #941429 12/04/17 03:06 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Mercy mercy me. Cover your eyes now boys
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myoXJpG2s1A

They really, really like Mon-El. Really.

Evolution Has Failed #941430 12/04/17 03:54 PM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
On one hand: It's a bizarre choice to me to break up the most definitive couple the Legion have in Garth & Imra, while also missing the boat on Mon & Shady, while ALSO also casting an actress who could play Shady very easily...

On the other hand: the Arrowverse has been doing this with its characters since the first episode of Arrow a bazillion years ago so it's one of those things I've come to accept, as it would drive me crazy if I didn't. For the most part, these shows have a lot of heart and I care about the characters even if they're nothing like their comic counterparts; Mon weirded me out when he first appeared too because he's basically a new character with the same name, but he quickly became one of my favourite characters on the show anyway.

This season of Supergirl has been hitting home runs every episode so I'm optimistic about the Legion being a good addition, unrecognizable as they may end up being...besides which, I think one benefit of the Legion having been rebooted so many times is that no one interpretation is the only one...if we all don't like the CW Legion we just need to hang in there till we get another one smile

Evolution Has Failed #941431 12/04/17 04:01 PM
Substitute
Substitute
I can't remember a Legion founded by Mon-El. Inspired by but not usurping the founding three.

I like Amy. She has the awkwardness of meeting your hero perfectly. She's softly spoken like Imra tends to be in these adaptations. Her accent is hilarious. Often its Americans trying to be British, she Scouse British trying to do a southern British accent for Americans and then every other word you can hear her real voice. I don't think Americans will notice though, and she's an alien so it doesn't matter. Although the Beatles didn't alter their scouse accents wink

Crossing my fingers and toes now they haven't made Brainy a Blue Doc Brown.

Last edited by Para-Dox; 12/04/17 04:02 PM.

Evolution Has Failed #941434 12/04/17 08:13 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
This makes sense as a way of introducing the Legion within the context of the show. I wonder how the Legion Flight Ring in the Fortress of Solitude is going to fit in, though.

Evolution Has Failed #941442 12/05/17 09:10 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Um...why can't Supergirl just ask the Legends to bring their Waverider over to her universe and send them all home?

Evolution Has Failed #941443 12/05/17 09:31 AM
Active
Active
Originally Posted by Eryk Davis Ester
... I wonder how the Legion Flight Ring in the Fortress of Solitude is going to fit in, though.

I've been wondering that myself. If Superman knows about the Legion, why wouldn't the name Mon-El ring all kinds of bells with him being their founder and all?
Of course they can always have him say "That ring was already here when I built the place" smile

Originally Posted by Nightcrawler
Um...why can't Supergirl just ask the Legends to bring their Waverider over to her universe and send them all home?

Everybody knows that during Worldkiller Apocalyptic Events interchronaldimensional communications are the first thing to go down! smile

The Legion of Super-Heroes entitled 10th episode promo shows 3 flight ringed hands at about the 11 second mark. I'm assuming middle and right are Mon-El & Imra respectively.
The far left hand is blue/grayish, and I assume is Brainiac 5...but it sure looks big for what I imagined Brainy's size would be.

Nightcrawler #941456 12/06/17 03:45 AM
Substitute
Substitute
Originally Posted by Nightcrawler

That is a realisation for episode 22

Evolution Has Failed #941479 12/07/17 06:28 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
re the Legion flight ring in the Fortress of Solitude: I just assume it means that in the CWverse, Clark joined the Legion after Kara found out about them (and after she sends them home later this season presumably)...so for years he has known that they exist and maybe even knows that they were inspired by Supergirl, and if you really stretch it you could even use it as a justification as to why he hasn't gotten more involved in her life since she landed on Earth; because he's scared that he might interfere with her becoming the hero she needs to be to ensure the Legion's future comes to exist.

re Supergirl asking the Legends for help: she's got the doohickey to cross over to Earth-1 but I get the impression she doesn't really have direct contact with anyone there outside of Team Flash. She gets along really well with Barry, but I get the impression she's just on Occasional Team-Up basis with everyone else from that Earth. Also without giving away spoilers, the Legends are kinda dealing with their own stuff at the moment, as is the Flash. In any shared universe, I think you just have to assume that when the hero's peers don't rush to help them in any given circumstance it just means they're busy dealing with their own crisis off camera.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,012
Posts1,044,288
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden