Roll Call
0 members (), 11 Murran Spies, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Legion Tracker - 04/18/24 05:00 PM
Kill This Thread L - Half a Century
by Ann Hebistand - 04/18/24 02:50 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 04/18/24 02:18 PM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/18/24 02:17 AM
Kill This Thread XLIX - We're Getting Old
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/18/24 02:08 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/17/24 03:44 AM
The thread that ate _____ !
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/17/24 03:44 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: 21st Century Legion: CHAT THREAD
#94322 01/15/12 09:32 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
However, don't take this as me rushing you by any means! I think it will just flow better that way. I realize of course that life can get a bit busy. laugh
Thanks for waiting - can't wait to see your conclusion.

Originally posted by Reboot:
Aaannndd AGDtD is done. Still got "Beast War" [the Academy story] to do, though.
Love your wrap-up, Boot. Action flows along really well, and I give two thumbs up to the way you wrote Zoe, Jazmin, Jenni, Brek and the rest. You've given me a new appreciation for Pol (Paul)and Thom.

#94323 01/15/12 09:52 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
By the way, when Kid Quantum is handed over to me I'll change her code name to "Kairos" - Greek for "the right or opportune moment (the supreme moment)."

#94324 01/20/12 04:06 PM
Reboot Offline OP
#deleteFacebook
OP Offline
#deleteFacebook
Okay, sorry about leaving BW for so long. Fact is, I've hit the writer's block wall for a while...

Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
Love your wrap-up, Boot. Action flows along really well, and I give two thumbs up to the way you wrote Zoe, Jazmin, Jenni, Brek and the rest. You've given me a new appreciation for Pol (Paul)and Thom.
Ta smile

By the way, when Kid Quantum is handed over to me I'll change her code name to "Kairos" - Greek for "the right or opportune moment (the supreme moment)."
ANCIENT Greek tongue

Ye Font of All Trivial Knowledge (follow the disambig link there for some other uses)
Kairos (καιρός) is an ancient Greek word meaning the right or opportune moment (the supreme moment)... [it] also means weather in both ancient and modern Greek.
Curious as to the reasoning for KQ2 adopting it smile

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
#94325 01/23/12 10:11 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Jazmin isn't the type to care what other people think, but:

a) Spark mentioned her codename being silly
b) I'll have Kid Quantum be the code name her brother James wanted to adopt, and even Jazmin herself finds it clunky!
c) Maybe a convo with Spark/Polarity on choosing their own names

Personal reasons - make our Legion a bit more "global", which is why I chose "Amihan" for Nightwind and "Hygeia" for Infectious Lass wink

#94326 01/24/12 12:41 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
I'm almost done with the current Act. I've wrapped up the battles with Amazon/Wildfire and Shifter/Element Lad. Just need 1-2 posts each for Amihan/Rebound and Hygeia/Quislet.

Snuck in a mention for Shifter being able to reach Cos' team too.

Apologies, I haven't been able to dress the writing up. Just want to keep things simple and fast laugh

#94327 01/24/12 09:52 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Enjoying your posts, IB!

And 'Boot, sorry to hear about the writers block! I've been there before. Maybe IB should just do the post where the 'transfer of characters' takes place, letting you focus on the Academy?

I've still got my posts ready to go to bring us to the conclusion but think it's better if I wait entirely for now before I start back up again (rather than posting a little now, then a little later).

#94328 01/24/12 06:50 PM
Reboot Offline OP
#deleteFacebook
OP Offline
#deleteFacebook
Originally posted by Reboot:
Jazmin isn't the type to care what other people think, but:

a) Spark mentioned her codename being silly
b) I'll have Kid Quantum be the code name her brother James wanted to adopt, and even Jazmin herself finds it clunky!
c) Maybe a convo with Spark/Polarity on choosing their own names

Personal reasons - make our Legion a bit more "global", which is why I chose "Amihan" for Nightwind and "Hygeia" for Infectious Lass wink
On (a), Spark's like that with everyone! [if KQ2 switched to "Kairos", the first thing she'd do is google it. And the second would be to sing the Dodo's "I never never ever do a thing about the weather for the weather never ever does a thing for me" song from Alice in Wonderland until Jazmin's head exploded! (That, or do a faux televangalist thing, since the name is used by a bunch of evangelical Christian groups!).]

And on (c), neither Ella nor Paul originally chose their codenames - all the Workforce's codenames were focus-grouped by McCauley & co (they just kept them going when they transferred to the Legion on a "that's what everyone else would call them anyway" basis. Laurel, OTOH, will never EVER call herself Andromeda again!)

And on the "global" front... KQ2's not [Ancient] Greek, nor has anything to do with Greece, surely?

And 'Boot, sorry to hear about the writers block! I've been there before. Maybe IB should just do the post where the 'transfer of characters' takes place, letting you focus on the Academy?
Oh, I had that mostly done anyway ( posted now ) and was waiting for iB to post readiness. The Academy story... well, the stuff I said in my PM still holds, and I'm also having more general trouble getting into that headspace - for that set of characters - right now.

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

#94329 01/24/12 10:27 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
No, KQ ha no Greek origins. But I've been trying to write these Legionnaires as taking seriously the "be an ambassador to the world" aspect of the team's mission (plus I couldn't find any good African words related to time wink ). Similar to Hygeia - she doesn't have anything to do wih Greece either.

Re Spark and Polarity, didn't think of it that way. I'll just have Jazmin choose "Kairos" just cause she likes it better tongue

re Academy story, take your time. And thanks for handing them off to me!

[QB]Enjoying your posts, IB!

QB]
Thanks! They're totally not my best work, but I like having them up. I'll probably polish the prose later on.

#94330 01/24/12 11:55 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
By the way Boot, what powers does Starboy have? Mass-induction; he doesn't have full gravity manipulation powers or the Kryptonian powers as well?

#94331 01/25/12 05:00 AM
Reboot Offline OP
#deleteFacebook
OP Offline
#deleteFacebook
By the way Boot, what powers does Starboy have? Mass-induction; he doesn't have full gravity manipulation powers or the Kryptonian powers as well?
Actually, Starboy (no space) does have gravity-manipulation powers, although he's more practised with the "heavy" end of his powers. No Kryptonian powers, though.

[And note that his name's in reference to the stars on the Australian flag smile ]

#94332 01/26/12 12:59 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
I noticed the lack of space, now I know it refers to the flag. Nice touch wink

E-Lad's transmutation, Kinetix's TK, Jazmin's time manipulation, Starboy's gravity powers, Berta's wind powers, Blizzard's ice powers and Wildfire's anti-energy... the Legion's getting quite powerful!

#94333 02/27/12 07:15 PM
Reboot Offline OP
#deleteFacebook
OP Offline
#deleteFacebook
Still trying to work on finishing BW as I feel able, but in the meantime, I was at LSCC last weekend, and got 21CL Spark & Trinity sketches done while I was there smile [I asked another guy for a 21CL Cos, but he didn't get to it before the con finished]

[Linked Image from 21stcenturylegion.files.wordpress.com]
[Linked Image from 21stcenturylegion.files.wordpress.com]

*also picked up a postboot Umbra, and is meant to be getting a comics-Sofia - that the artist had started but not finished - through the post. Will find the right thread to post them when the Winddancer arrives smile *

#94334 02/28/12 09:29 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Awesome! That's so cool! Love the action-posed Trinity!

And the Spark drawing fits right in with your characterization of her, 'Boot.

(PS - hope the writer's block starts to wear off!)

#94335 03/03/12 07:30 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Love the art, 'Boot. Those are awesome costumes, and I especially love the coat on Trinity.

As for me, I have a plot outline for my last acts. I just need the time (and I guess discipline) to actually write. We've got a ton of ongoing projects right now frown

#94336 03/12/12 11:15 AM
Reboot Offline OP
#deleteFacebook
OP Offline
#deleteFacebook
Posted BW part 4 of (hopefully!) 5 last night.

*blames Shikari again for all the trouble he's been having with this one!*

On the character at the end, she previously appeared briefly in two posts back in 2005 . And, yes Cobalt, she's the one I said in PM8 we'd discussed at length before - check PM3 for that smile

#94337 03/25/12 07:29 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Love the escalating tension and the great use of all your characters - even supporting ones like Jubilee, Tomb and Inferno.

And wow, you must be working pretty hard with editing to fit the finale into one post! Can't wait.

#94338 03/27/12 05:35 PM
Reboot Offline OP
#deleteFacebook
OP Offline
#deleteFacebook
I'm working on it smile

[I've actually, finally, got a big chunk done now. I'm HOPING to post on Monday, but no promises. Though depending on how long it gets, I may split it!]

#94339 03/27/12 06:13 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Wild!

Read and loved part 4 today! I've been waiting forever for Tazmin to join the others. smile

IB, also loving your bits as well! It's been a tour de force of Asia. Its like I want to visit all these places, with super powers. laugh

#94340 03/27/12 09:29 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Can't wait to read more from you too Cobie - that's a major motivator for me to get going with MY posts. Glad you're liking the places. If I had IB's powers in real life, first thing I'd do is hit those places I've used wink

So I'll have 3 more "small" posts to look in on the remaining 6 Legionnaires on my team, then 1 post to bring the team together, and 1-2 posts for the finale. I won't drag these out as much as I did my last act. Hope to be done by April 9/10 at the latest - April 5-9 is a looooooooooooong weekend here.

#94341 04/18/12 08:02 PM
Reboot Offline OP
#deleteFacebook
OP Offline
#deleteFacebook
I hate writing fight scenes.

I'm sitting here, for about the fifth time in a week, having now managed to outline the last part - which is mostly, unavoidably, a fight scene - about as tightly as I'd want to do so. I know what's going to happen and when it's going to happen. And I'm sitting here and I just can't turn it into prose.

It is frustrating. Very, very, very frustrating.

#94342 04/18/12 08:57 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Just read your latest post 'Boot. You did well with the little "skirmish" between Comet Queen and Tazmin, though I guess it wasn't really a fight scene. (shades of Tasmia, look forward to seeing how that will develop).

I'm sure you'll get to working it into prose soon.

As for me... I have the outline done too, I just need to really set some time aside and sit down and do it. Unfortunately I'll be in Japan tomorrow up to whole next week. I'll try to move the story along before I go but I doubt I'll be able to finish the whole thing.

#94343 04/29/12 05:32 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Working on my finale now, I figure I'll finish that first so I don't hold up the finale of Earthwar.

#94344 05/05/12 01:08 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Almost done, will try to finish my portion tomorrow. I'm thinking 2, maybe 3 posts.

#94345 05/06/12 03:33 PM
Reboot Offline OP
#deleteFacebook
OP Offline
#deleteFacebook
Working on my finale now, I figure I'll finish that first so I don't hold up the finale of Earthwar.
Oh, I think we *both* crossed that line a good while back smile

Almost done, will try to finish my portion tomorrow. I'm thinking 2, maybe 3 posts.
I'll wait for you to be done before I post then - I'm not quite done, and I'd rather not split your posts.

#94346 05/06/12 04:41 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Looking forward to both your finales! I can't wait to read them and then bring Earth War to it's conclusion!

And I know all too well the feeling of not turning an outline--even a tight, almost exact one--into prose. But you're almost there!

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,018
Posts1,044,842
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Valor the M'Onell
Valor the M'Onell
Australia
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star