Roll Call
0 members (), 9 Murran Spies, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by idle - 03/28/24 09:35 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by idle - 03/28/24 08:46 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 03/28/24 07:59 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by stile86 - 03/28/24 07:57 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by stile86 - 03/28/24 07:56 PM
Kill This Thread XLIX - We're Getting Old
by Ann Hebistand - 03/28/24 05:28 PM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Ann Hebistand - 03/28/24 05:24 PM
Who's Who in Raz's Legion? *added ALEK ARCANE 4 February*
by Invisible Brainiac - 03/28/24 11:42 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 49 1 2 3 4 48 49
Re: Loss: A Tribute to the Post Zero Hour Legion of Superheroes
#98268 10/24/11 01:49 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Originally posted by Omni:
oo the Emerald Eye! love it!!! i like your reasoning for why the Eye was into Vi.
Thanks, Omni! I was racking my brain as to who to pick for a Violet POV, since we never saw her family. At first I was going to use Micro, but realized that the Eye would give better insight into Vi.

When will we see more from your fanfic? smile I can't wait to see who'll make it.

#98269 10/26/11 09:35 PM
Deputy
Deputy
oh don't you worry you'll see soon enough!
and the eye was a great choice! it was a side that we haven't really seen in a while, if ever.

read the adventures of the Reboot Legion!

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001232
#98270 10/27/11 06:36 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Thank you smile I'm trying my best to look at each Legionnaire from a different angle, and I didn't want to keep using POVs from family and friends only.

#98271 10/27/11 05:02 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Villains are a good way to go...you could do that for Thunder... yet another one i wish they did more with!

Brainiac 5
#98272 10/30/11 09:47 PM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Feel daunted by the length of this thread? You can also check out the Recap Thread to catch up!

BRAINIAC 5 Brainiac51

Babbage’s mechanical consciousness found itself in the Sleepnet. It was like plunging into a pool of water, Babbage noted. It had to compensate for the currents around it.

Beside it, his Coluan colleague – and Legion cadet - Zaron Lux swam. Or perhaps that was not right. He did not swim, or float, or even fly – he just stood there and let the Sleepnet move around him. Babbage remembered what Zaron had explained – the secret to success in the Sleepnet was to change its flow, instead of allowing yourself to be caught by its currents.

As Babbage righted himself, he took stock of the Sleepnet. It could see the forms of Coluans all over. Most of them were sedentary; somehow, they could allow only the information they were seeking to flow towards them.

Zaron suddenly appeared beside him. “Wonderful, is it not?” It was more a statement than a question. “This is how we Coluans add to our knowledge base quickly and efficiently. We sort through all the accumulated knowledge, and select the right pieces to appropriate. For example, one interested in the newly discovered moon of Aleph can pull that knowledge to himself,” he paused, shutting his eyes for a moment, then opened them again, “like so. It is named Saugin, by the way, I assume in honor of the Legionnaire Kinetix.”

“That is most helpful. I shall attempt to sort through information as well.” Babbage replied.

Reconfiguring itself, Babbage tried to look up any recent information on their efforts. There was surprisingly little – just mention that the UP had assigned the Legion to assist in forging ties between Robotica and Colu.

There was plenty of mention of Brainiac 5’s appeal to the UP Council. That had set things in motion. Babbage reviewed his own data banks, for he had been present at that historical moment.

“I respectfully disagree with the Coluan representative’s assertions,” Brainiac 5 had argued. “The Roboticans ceased hostilities immediately once they were freed of Computo’s control. Or would you have us judge their entire species by the actions of one? If so, should we not submit ourselves to the United Planets’ condemnation for the actions of my ancestors; of Brainiac 4; Sharn Nux; and yes – of Orin Fex?”

Babbage could understand why there was a lot of emotion involved with that memory. Orin Fex had planted Sharn Nux as a mole, and she had nearly jeopardized efforts to halt Computo.

“I did not know it was possible to register emotion in the Sleepnet.” Babbage stated. “There is a lot of emotion involved here. My sensors are scanning plenty of confusion, anger, and curiosity associated with this.”

Zoran didn’t concentrate this time. Babbage was sure he kept updated on the issue – it was highly personal. “It is possible, though usually it is faint and pleasant – wonderment, satisfaction, pride. But ever since Orin Fex was imprisoned for his crimes and the new councilors took over, things have been mixed. You know that recently, Colu has shifted towards appreciating emotional and social skills in addition to intelligence. Pure theory is no longer as prized as it once was; the prevailing view is that our intelligence must create something useful. However, Coluan society is still split – the Brainiac lineage is at the heart of this division.”

Babbage suddenly registered a jolt, as though the Sleepnet was pushing it away. It hastily disconnected before further damage could be done. “It seems the safeguards are working well. Us Roboticans may observe in the Sleepnet, but we are barred from fully participating. I apologize, please continue, Zoran.”

Zoran nodded. He was used to working with Babbage. The two had formed a sort of friendship, strange though it was. “In any case, some felt there was wisdom in Brainiac 5’s idea to ally with Robotica in order to create more. Others, motivated by pride, wish to enter into a sort of competition. However, all did agree to allow our experiment to proceed – as long as Robotica shares knowledge of its own with us. And as long as Colu monitors what knowledge Robotica can access.”

“I concur, it is a wise decision to proceed cautiously. And now to fulfill my part of the bargain.” Babbage’s systems hummed as he released some information that had been approved by the Robotican council – schematics on some Robotican drones. Older models, of course – enough to allow Colu to see the value of this proposed alliance, but not enough to pose a threat should Colu turn hostile.

Babbage did not think that would happen, though. The Coluans may be prideful, but after their involvement in the Sharn Nux – Computo fiasco had been exposed, they were working hard to make amends.

Brainiac 5 had also gained great respect – though grudging – for his actions with the Legion. The younger Coluans, especially, were fascinated by the idea of heroism. Young Coluans like Zoran, here, were at the forefront of a wave of change on Colu.

Robotica, on the other hand, had thrown full support into integrating with the UP. Their lack of emotion made it easier – though Babbage understood that their lack of passion also meant they needed the Coluans.

He hoped both worlds could see that.

“I believe our exercise has been successful,” Babbage said. Zoran nodded, and the two exited the Sleepnet.

Brainiac 5 would have been proud.

IB's notes:

Babbage is from Robotica, whose new homeworld is Warworld. The Roboticans and the Coluans have a very tense relationship.

The Sleepnet is some sort of information highway that the Coluans access while asleep.

Last edited by Invisible Brainiac; 05/24/15 01:06 AM.
#98273 10/30/11 09:48 PM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Originally posted by Omni:
Villains are a good way to go...you could do that for Thunder... yet another one i wish they did more with!
There is a villain we could use for Thunder, but I have someone else in mind for her smile

Maybe Alux Cuspin for Cosmic Boy? Hmmm...

#98274 10/30/11 10:02 PM
Deputy
Deputy
he's a good one...maybe combine him and
Domain, maybe he recruits Domain to try and find him again...
but i'd also think i'd want to see his brother... maybe his brother moves up again to the legion.. foot steps and all... a legacy character or two is nice...

i swear if you have Captain Marvel, make an appearance or have her return and see the changes i'm so going to start thinking i'm in your head!

#98275 10/30/11 10:04 PM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
That could work. I have included Pol in the new Legion, though he hasn't actually appeared on-screen yet. Maybe Pol and Cuspin could have a little chat.

lol Or you could just be a really good guesser!

#98276 10/30/11 10:31 PM
Deputy
Deputy
ooo that means i'm either right or really close ;p

#98277 10/30/11 10:39 PM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
You get a gold star wink Thanks for all the ideas you're throwing around. It's helped me figure out some of my own posts.

#98278 10/30/11 10:42 PM
Deputy
Deputy
any time! its helping me as well!

#98279 11/11/11 04:08 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Just a note, but the following are the current active Legionnaires in this new universe:

NIGHTWIND Nightwind1
INFECTIOUS LASS InfectiousLass1
POLAR BOY PolarBoy
PARTICON Particon
LADY MYSA (THE WHITE WITCH) WhiteWitch
LUME Lume
MAGNETIC KID MagneticKidII
BABBAGE Babbage
IMPULSE (KENT SHAKESPEARE) Impulse

Last edited by Invisible Brainiac; 05/05/14 04:31 AM.
#98280 11/11/11 09:29 AM
Deputy
Deputy
i love that your using Lume!

#98281 11/12/11 12:59 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
I'm not finding a bunch on Lume or Babbage online. What sort of abilities did they have?

Enjoying the tributes, as always, and searching around for information is cluing me to all sorts of forgotten characters, like Amp Girl and Retro. Neat!

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
#98282 11/13/11 10:50 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Thanks for the encouragement, guys. A lot has been going on in real life but I already have outlines for the next four Legionnaires.

Lume is a sentient who seems to be composed of light energy. He/she/it appeared in LSHv4 66 as a potential Legionnaire who declined to join because he "couldn't leave homeworld to go into space - space is dark'. Lume appeared again in Legionnaires 56, assisting M'Onel in repelling a Khund raid on Lume's homeworld.

Babbage is the Robotican Legion cadet who appeared in Legion 25 (I think). Nothing is known of its abilities.

#98283 11/17/11 03:18 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
I should have a few posts up this weekend smile

Set, I'm glad my writing has inspired you to learn more about the characters I've been mentioning! A few of them are originals created for this, but several are minor characters who've popped up in the comics.

I'd also like to acknowledge Omni, who has been sharing a lot of ideas with me via PM. It's awesome meeting another diehard Postboot Legion fan who wants to keep that era and its characters alive smile

#98284 11/17/11 09:40 PM
Deputy
Deputy
AWWW thanks IB!!! i agree we need to see these characters more and i can't wait for what you have in store for us!

M'Onel
#98285 11/19/11 01:19 PM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Feel daunted by the length of this thread? You can also check out the Recap Thread to catch up!

M’ONEL MOnel1

Shvaughn Erin sat with her back straight, feet flat on the floor. The badge on her chest marked her as a Captain of the Science Police; it gleamed with care. It should; she’d only had it a few months, granted for her outstanding service in helping to fill the void after the Legion of Superheroes had disappeared.

Shvaughn had worked closely with RJ Brande, Chuck Taine, and the new Legionnaires led by Nightwind in order to organize and train the new team. It wasn’t quite the same yet, but the new kids were getting there.

She was helping keep the Legion alive in other ways, too. Like now.

An aide scampered up to her and whispered, “Are you ready, Captain? You have 15 minutes for your segment.” Shvaughn smiled and nodded. While she didn’t love the camera, she didn’t hate it, either.

She had also carefully considered what topics to discuss. Nothing personal, of course – she’d stick to his good works as a Legionnaire.

As to the rumors, she would lie if she had to. Even with him gone, there were aspects of his life that he deserved to be kept private. And who was to say that he wouldn’t come back? They all would, eventually.

“Captain Erin?” Hannah Wells’ voice jolted her our of her reverie. “Can you comment on why M’Onel was the sole Legionnaire approached by Earthgov to remain active?”

“I’m not privy to what was going on in President McCauley’s – or Ra’s al Ghul’s – mind when he decided that. The Science Police had nothing to do with it. But official sources say it was a combination of M’Onel’s power and the respect he’d earned during his tenure as a Legionnaire.”

“Nobody can argue the extent of his power, but some analysts speculate as to why just M’Onel? Why not also Legion founder Cosmic Boy; former leader Invisible Kid, who had close ties with Earthgov; Sensor, princess of Orando?

Because that bastard Ra’s probably knew M’Onel was the legendary Valor, and wanted him firmly under his thumb as much as possible, thought Shvaughn. “Any Legionnaire would have been a fine choice, but the Anti-Vigilante law had just been passed. I’d assume that bringing in too many Legionnaires would be considered toeing too close to the line he himself drew.”

“As we all know, despite his great power, M’Onel was always one of the Legionnaires more distant from the public. He never revealed his real name, or his homeworld. Did he have something to hide?”

Shvaughn almost bristled at that idea. Yes, he did have something to hide – but it was something noble and inspirational. She couldn’t reveal that, though. That secret was his alone.

“M’Onel was a very private man.” True. “I cannot say for certain why he didn’t reveal anything about his past,” Partially true – she only found out about it while they were trapped in the timestream, and she had respected M’Onel’s silence by not bringing it up, “but what I can say is that he was a very noble man, a loyal friend, a compassionate hero and a model Legionnaire.” All definitely true.

Hannah Wells nodded. Shvaughn could see that Hannah knew not to press further on the issue. “In any case, several comparisons have been drawn between M’Onel and the legendary hero Valor, whom the Legion failed to rescue a while back. It is curious that M’Onel appeared a short time after this failed rescue, and that the Legion never attempted it once more. We are due for a break now, but we will delve deeper into it afterwards.”

As the holocams turned off, Hannah stood and approached Shvaughn. “I wonder if you noticed that…”

“…that the break came early? Yes, I did. Thank you.”

“I shouldn’t be surprised that you did. You are Captain after all. Listen, I just wanted to say that, whatever the truth is, I will respect his right to privacy. He deserved that much. As a journalist, I am bound to uncover the truth… but I won’t force it out of you, or anyone else.”

Shvaughn almost cocked an eyebrow at that, but stopped. Hannah truly did seem to have changed from her days as “Trudi Trusoe”. “Thank you, I appreciate that. M’Onel was a great man, and I’m sure he would be pleased to be compared to Valor. However, whatever his past, I still believe it is for him to reveal.”

Hannah just nodded, and excused herself. Shvaughn took a moment to close her eyes. When M’Onel comes back… let him decide whether to reveal it all. At least I kept his trust.

IB's notes:

M'Onel is secretly Valor, the man who "seeded" various worlds with super-powered survivors of Dominator experiments in the 20th century. Cargg, Braal, Winath, Tharr are but a few of these worlds. In the 30th century, he is revered as a deity by many (such as Triad). His true identity is secret to all but the active Legionnaires (as of Legionnaires 47/LSH 91), RJ Brande and Shvaughn Erin. Shvaughn, Ferro, Umbra, Sensor and Magno only found out in Legionnaires 47/LSH 91 (not stated specifically, but Brainy let the cat out of the bag in that issue!). As of Legionnaires 56, Monstress clearly did not know, so those who joined after have likely been kept in the dark too. I would assume that Kid Quantum II at least knows, as she is the current Legion leader.

Leviathan
#98286 11/20/11 01:46 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard

LEVIATHAN Leviathan

“Looks like our Captain is well on her way to becoming a holo celebrity,” came the amused comment from the Lieutenant with the close-cropped brown hair. “Greetings, Ma’am.”

Shvaughn smiled as she waved her hand. “You don’t need to do that, you know. Not when we’re off-duty, anyway. And you know I’m only appearing on these shows because of my role as Legion liaison officer.”

“I don’t know how you do it. I mean, Captain AND Legion liaison officer, and all these appearances? Are you sure you’re not part Carggite?”

“Sometimes I wish I were,” Shvaughn said with a hint of a sigh. “But the Thresholds make it easier, and to be honest my staff does most of the report filing and grunt work. I wouldn’t trade it for anything else, frankly.” Gigi nodded at that. “But enough about me,” Shvaughn continued. “How’s the new assignment going?”

Gigi paused for a moment. A couple of months back, she had been assigned to lead the Science Police contingent on Legion World itself. She still had mixed feelings about it, and many of her Science Police colleagues knew that.

“Better than I expected, frankly. The more I work with the Legionnaires, the more I come to find myself respecting them. I no longer see the Legion as something that stole Gim away from me. The Legion was his home too; it just happened to coincide with the home he had with his family, me, and the Science Police.” She took a sip of her drink at that. It was true, but still a little bit painful. “Since he was one of the first to… One of the first the Legion lost, he also tends to be forgotten, so to speak.”

“But the new Legion has made it to a point to celebrate each and every former Legionnaire. Even the first Kid Quantum, and still-living ones like Magno and Thunder.” Shvaughn stated it as a matter of fact, and Gigi was grateful that her friend was being gentle.

“True, but you know how sentients are, Shvaughn. Still… I do appreciate that the people who mattered to Gim do make it a point to remember him. People like me, and you, and RJ Brande, Chuck Taine, Tenzil Kem… Also, being able to drill my new team in the tactics Gim developed helps keep him alive.”

“Those were the ones he instructed the SP on early on, right?”

Gigi nodded. Funny how the Science Police and the Legion owed each other so much. Leviathan and Saturn Girl had come from SP ranks, but they and their comrades, such as Karate Kid, had taught the Science Police a lot, too.

“Actually, Shvaughn… Ma’am… That’s what I wanted to talk to you about. We’ve already integrated the training module that Karate Kid helped develop into Science Police training. But I think we can do more.”

“Tell me more.”

Gigi smiled. She knew Shvaughn would be receptive. This was a great way to keep Leviathan and his legacy alive, and strengthen both organizations. “Well, we’re expecting the Legion to grow rapidly in size, and they already have several cadets. At the same time, the Science Police are facing more and more lawbreakers with posthuman abilities…”

The two women sat, food untouched, as they made plans for the future, all the while honoring the past.

IB's notes:

Gigi and Leviathan were old friends back on Mars and in the Science Police.

#98287 11/20/11 11:34 PM
Deputy
Deputy
i like this and can't wait to see what it is they want to do.. that is if you go into it...

M'Onel's is really good! i like Shvaughn's inner monologue mixed with her real responses.

also trying to pm but it keeps telling me your inbox is full. got an idea for you!

#98288 11/20/11 11:40 PM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Omni, I sent you a new PM! Thanks laugh

Glad you liked M'Onel's entry. I had a hard time with him - I didn't want to delve into the whole Valor thing again, since it's been explored already in the Postboot (Legionnaires 56, for instance). I preferred to focus on his impact on his friends.

The plan Gigi and Shvaughn are working on will likely be revisited again in passing later on smile I already know which character I'll likely have for that.

XS
#98289 11/21/11 03:58 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard

XS XS

How long had it been since she’d been left powerless? Two years? Three? More than one, definitely. It had been just before the Legionnaires were lost.

Time seemed to swim around her, now. It wasn’t an illusion, nor was it meaningless. However, it did only have as much meaning for her as she allowed it to have.

She walked along her domain, the walls covered with images of her favorite moments in her history. The time she stopped the shapeshifting Durlan. The time she stopped the Sklarian raiders. Other times she had wielded power.

She paused, coming across a panel that depicted her first true brush with the 30th Century.

The time she’d met XS. The speedster had been a good friend to her. Kinetix, Monstress, Saturn Girl had also been friends, but XS was the best of them.

The screens shifted, trigged by her will and her memories. Flashes of XS’ best moments were shown – rescuing the rest of the Legion from a bomb; the first activation of her powers; fighting to save Xanthu from Robotica.

Many quieter moments appeared as well. XS laughing with her teammates and friends. XS being there for them in times of need.

What had happened to her? She hadn’t looked in on her in a while. She waved a hand, and the wall shifted to a view of another 30th Century, in another reality. XS was sitting peacefully, finishing a mosaic. Curious.

She didn’t belong there, of course. No, none of the Legionnaires belonged where they were now. They should be here.

She let the screens shift again, glancing through each of them. She saw the final moments of Monstress. Element Lad. Leviathan. Kinetix; though her magic had been absorbed, her soul was free. Gates was lost now, but would be found again soon.

Perhaps she should simply reach through time and return them all to the present. She could destroy the new reality XS had found herself in, and pluck her free to come home. It would be a simple matter to release entropy into that world.

She raised her hand, then stopped. What was it XS had told her? “You’re still a hero, no matter what. Your choices make you even more of a hero than your abilities ever did.”

That was a good point. She could destroy that reality... but she could choose not to, and spare the lives of everyone in it. There was no NEED to kill them all.

She would let events play out as they would.

In any case, XS’ ultimate role was yet to be unveiled. So she would wait. For it would come… in time.

She turned away, letting the screens melt before her. She should return, for now.

She walked off, leaving the era of entropy for one of life.

Lori Morning woke up to a licking. “Proty, cut it out!” She said with a laugh. “Hey, I had this weird dream… I was like, watching holos of all the lost Legionnaires. Especially XS.” She grabbed Proty, who taken the form of a Shih Tzu, and held him tight. “You know, I miss them all, but I think I miss Jenni most. She was the one who was coolest about me being a kid compared to them. After I lost the Dial, she really talked to me like an adult.”

She sighed, looking out her window. Stars shone faintly in the distance. She missed having powers too; sometimes she wished things could go back to the way they were! She realized now she was lucky that Ra’s al Ghul had left her alone when he’d impersonated McCauley.

She was grateful for a lot of things now, but they were almost all gone.

Well, nothing to do about it now. What had Mr. Latham told her? “Instead of crying over spilt milk, clean it up…” Maybe her dreams were just a way of telling her she should have appreciated what she had more, when it was still there.

It was good to be able to see things so clearly, though.

Lori jumped out of bed and began to get dressed. She would work hard again today; she owed them that much.

IB's notes:

Lori Morning lost her H-Dial saving Brainiac 5 from the rift caused by the Blight. It was revealed in Legionnaires 64 that her future self was the Time Trapper. Among the Legionnaires, XS was easily her closest friend.

Last edited by Invisible Brainiac; 05/24/15 01:07 AM.
Shikari
#98290 11/22/11 09:30 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard

SHIKARI Shikari

“Matriarch Enkenet? Would you like some rainbowbird?” Enkenet looked up to see a young Kwai enter with fresh meat in his arms.

“Thank you, Ramses. I shall join you for your meal later. Right now, though, I need to find my path.”

Ramses exited with a bow, while Enkenet returned to her troubles.

Like most leaders who love their people and have the luck to sit at a time of great change, she was deeply troubled. Recent events and their future developments were making it harder and harder to be sure of their path.

It was troubling not because the path of the Kwai was changing; they were nomads, and were used to change. It was troubling because, for the first time in a while, Enkenet was not certain if they were taking the right paths. This hadn’t happened since she was but a child.

Some outsiders thought that path-finding merely meant closing your eyes and letting your instincts guide you. Yet a skilled path-finder did not trust instinct alone, for such was the way of disaster. Skill had to be honed and sharpened. The best path for a certain destination had to be chosen; for that matter, the best destination among many had to be selected too.

She had to decide soon – to what destination would she lead the Kwai? There were many suggestions, proposed by many individuals, but none of them seemed suitable for the Kwai as a whole.

She buried the urge to simply let each follow his or her own path. That was a weak leader’s decision. Or was it?

She had let Shikari follow the urges that burned bright in her blood – the warrior’s urge. When the Progenitor’s rule collapsed, whispers spread that it had been the Legion’s doing. When the Legion themselves came, those whispers turned into praises. When the Legion again stopped the Credo, those praises became songs and legend. Shikari had accomplished a great deal for the Kwai without causing them any harm, and more importantly - she had been truly happy.

Shikari had become a hero to many of the young. Enkenet was pleased with that. What displeased her was how many of the young confused the heroism of being a protector with the disgrace of vengeance. More of them were using their skins to hunt – and a few lost ones were still active with the remnants of the Credo. Unlike with Shikari's path, this path could only lead to disaster.

Perhaps what was needed was a way to guide the paths of these young ones. Much like with catching passing lights – a path-finder had to gently guide one into orbit. To do so, one had to allow oneself to be caught up in its path. Forcing it would not work. The young would no longer be satisfied to act as mere guides. They had to feel more involved in the destiny of the Kwai.

Perhaps she would benefit from discussions with another leader who had guided the young of his own society...

She quickly looked through the Omnicom that Shikari had given her, and left a message with RJ Brande. Thankfully, she was becoming adept with such things.

And then, she went to dinner. To enjoy the spoils of the young lone stars who had turned into hunters. She smiled a little as she remembered how good rainbowbird could taste.

Certainly, their new path was not all bad.

IB's notes:

The Kwai (Shikari's people) are residents of the Second Galaxy, which the Legion Lost (1st series) team found themselves in. The Progenitor, a maddened and immortal Element Lad, helped create them and other life forms in the galaxy. The Progenitor's servants, the Progeny, helped carry out ethnic cleansing by "deleting" groups the Progenitor determined were "variant" from its purpose. After the Legion stopped the Progenitor, the Credo was formed to get revenge on surviving Progeny.

Last edited by Invisible Brainiac; 06/06/15 08:44 AM.
#98291 11/22/11 04:11 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Matriarch Enkenet was very well thought out. you really get her sense of leadership...but i will say i would have thought she'd be a little more torn... but we didn't see much of her so this could be very true to her... I'll have to reread those issues.

i loved Lori's duality and how you captured her friendship with XS.

i wish we knew what this ultimate destiny for XS was though...

#98292 11/23/11 02:16 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Thanks, Omni. I was struggling with the new "path" as well. I reread Legion 5, and got the sense that Enkenet was willing to tread new paths BUT she didn't want the Kwai involved in any violence. That is, she'd be OK with trying new things as long as the Kwai didn't turn into aggressors.

I didn't want her to be too torn since this has been brewing since before Legion 5, but looking back I could have captured that better. I was trying to make it so Enkenet had been thinking about it for a while. I've gone back and made a few edits for the Shikari post - hope it's a bit better now smile

Re Lori, thanks! It's quite a challenge, since the Legionnaires aren't available. I can't let the characters interact with one another.

re XS' ultimate destiny... i'm not sure, either. I have some ideas, which I'll bring up via PM wink

Page 2 of 49 1 2 3 4 48 49

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,012
Posts1,044,306
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Chameleon Boy
Chameleon Boy
RWC, CA USA
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star