Roll Call
1 members (Eryk Davis Ester), 16 Murran Spies, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread L - Half a Century
by Ann Hebistand - 04/19/24 05:14 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 04/19/24 11:59 AM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/19/24 11:13 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/19/24 01:49 AM
Kill This Thread XLIX - We're Getting Old
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/18/24 02:08 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/17/24 03:44 AM
The thread that ate _____ !
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/17/24 03:44 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 14 1 2 12 13 14
Re: Alternate Legionairies
Omni #923352 03/11/17 08:07 PM
K
Leader
Leader
K
In his expirements to make his invisibility serum, Lyle Norn had a lab rat that was a baby goat.

Two pictures of the original Invisible Kid.

[Linked Image]

“I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal.” -- Groucho Marx
Omni #923358 03/11/17 08:49 PM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
I thought with the white tuft, it was Jacques.

"...not having to believe in a thing to be interested in it and not having to explain a thing to appreciate the wonder of it."
razsolo #925686 04/12/17 09:08 AM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Originally Posted by razsolo
Thread resurrecta! laugh

The most famous hero on Titan is a genderfluid intellectual and physical powerhouse named Dream Boy/Girl (depending what gender ze represents as at the time). Dream Boy/Girl's secret is that ze is a psychic construct, a way for sleeping Titanians to safely direct their psionic powers and ensure they don't accidentally cause strife in their sleep.

Dream Boy/Girl has access to the experiences and skills of every sleeping Titanian, and the sleeping population's excess psionic energy is channelled into zer strength, speed, stamina and durability - this makes Dream Boy/Girl almost equal to a Daxamite physically depending how many dreamers are making up zer body at the time. Due to Dream Boy/Girl's unique composite nature, ze is also pretty much entirely immune to psionic attacks.

Whether Dream Boy/Girl presents as male or female relies solely on which gender currently constitutes the majority of sleeping Titanians; this means that ze can change gender before someone's eyes as the balance tips, which can be disconcerting to some people (acknowledging that there are likely non-binary genders present somewhere on Titan as well, Dream Boy/Girl would present that way in the rare event that a variant gender becomes the majority).

This one is super inventive and i really like it. This could even be a "Heroes of Other worlds" character. I think the thing i like about it is the fluidity and how often it can change. I think it speaks well to some of the things going on in our current culture around gender identity. Makes me wonder if by the 31st century if the gender binary would be obsolete. especially with other alien races that may not have a gender at all.
It also brings up gender expression and how one express' their gender. Would there even be gender norms in the 31st century?
Great character and thought provoking character raz!

read the adventures of the Reboot Legion!

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001232
Omni #927829 05/07/17 12:08 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
Thanks Omni! It's pretty convenient from a reading and writing perspective that the Legion's future for the most part culturally doesn't really deviate from where we are now, but after reading your comments I might see if I can incorporate someone like Dream Boy/Girl into a story in my fic....I do have something in mind anyway to explore ideas of gender with another character, but you would hope by the 31st century that different perspectives on gender would be a lot more commonplace and accepted. One of the things I would change if I was to go back and rewrite a lot of my own stuff would be making Quislet more decisively agendered rather than just referring to Quislet as "he" all the time for ease of reference...

On another note, that photo of Invisible Kid above is really making me want to see a Legion of SuperAnimals now...Brainy Yak 5, Timber Wolf, Wildstarling etc etc laugh

Omni #929322 05/22/17 09:29 AM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Alternate Quislet: In the 31st century Din Enigma is the heir to the the Riddler family line and the latest hero to take up the detective/hero mantel of the Question. Din took over from the current Question who was recently captured by the Dominion is their secret War on Earth. Din is currently living in what is known as “Old Gotham” and goes by the moniker Quislet. Din is known for being super inquisitive and destructive with all information as he is a hacker and inventor extraordinaire who works for the side of the angels on most occasions doing his best to question society and change it for the better. Exposing those in power. Quislet has run into the Legionnaires multiple times and even provided them with information pivotal to cracking a case. But has never once joined or been offered membership. Using his inventing skills to create metal and stone avatars that he has placed around Old Gotham act as his eyes, ears and enforcers Quislet fights to take down the corruption of of Old Gotham and Earth in general.

Omni #931349 06/10/17 11:16 PM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
Quislet as a heroic Riddler legacy is pretty cool, and I love the idea of the Dominators fighting a secret war on Earth with heroes we've never known!

Omni #931350 06/11/17 12:01 AM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Originally Posted by Omni
Alternate Quislet: In the 31st century Din Enigma is the heir to the the Riddler family line and the latest hero to take up the detective/hero mantel of the Question. Din took over from the current Question who was recently captured by the Dominion is their secret War on Earth. Din is currently living in what is known as “Old Gotham” and goes by the moniker Quislet. Din is known for being super inquisitive and destructive with all information as he is a hacker and inventor extraordinaire who works for the side of the angels on most occasions doing his best to question society and change it for the better. Exposing those in power. Quislet has run into the Legionnaires multiple times and even provided them with information pivotal to cracking a case. But has never once joined or been offered membership. Using his inventing skills to create metal and stone avatars that he has placed around Old Gotham act as his eyes, ears and enforcers Quislet fights to take down the corruption of of Old Gotham and Earth in general.

I like the idea of mixing up the Question, Riddler and Quislet in this way! Acting (and possibly communicating) through these (faceless?) constructs of metal and stone sounds like a compelling visual, and could evoke a more 'Quislet' like visual if he occasionally has one crumble away after delivering it's message, because he's perhaps a touch paranoid about anyone more closely investigating them and learning information that could lead to them finding his hidden base or where/how he fabricates these constructs. Information is power, after all, and the less information anyone (even his current allies) have on him, the less power over him they have.

When challenged on how this secrecy conflicts with typical hacktivist ethos, he replies, "Information may want to be free, but so do I!"

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
Omni #932547 06/28/17 11:11 AM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Thanks Set and Raz. I'm glad my Quislet is a fun interpretation.
Set you've got some great Ideas for this character and given me some ideas on how to use this character.

razsolo #932555 06/28/17 01:21 PM
strange but not a stranger
strange but not a stranger
Originally Posted by razsolo
Quislet as a heroic Riddler legacy is pretty cool, and I love the idea of the Dominators fighting a secret war on Earth with heroes we've never known!

Yes, it is like Brainiac 5 being the heroic legacy of a villain.

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
Omni #932644 06/29/17 01:27 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Mag-No: Dryk Magz was born on Braal to the average Brralian family. But he wasn't average. Dryk was born without magnokenisis. When he was younger no one noticed and simply did their best to not do magnokinesis infront of him. Once Dryk got a bit older his family explained to him how he was different. But that didn't faze the young man. That is until the one day he wished did have magnokenisis. A magno-rail had good off the tracks and was about to crash into the side of a building. Dryk didn't realize it at the time but he was the cause for the magno-rail's failure as his ability to negate magnetic forces was starting to emerge. That magno-rail crash made Dryk determined to have the same powers as everyone else as he was the only one harmed in the crash unable to create a magnetic field to keep himself from being flung about. Dryk began to study magnokenisis and seek out expert opinions of respected Doctors on the subject. But nothing worked. it wasn't until he was home one night and his sister tried to pull over a small food tray and couldn't that he realized something was up. Walking out of the room his sister did it with ease. at first both were baffled but as he did this several more times and with each member of his family he realized that their magnetic field control was gone. After more studies the doctors found that Dryk was the ultimate magnetism buster. capable of negating any and all magnetic forces, able to manipulate magnetic forces to a degree but not on the same level or even as actively/accurately as other Brralians render metal non-magnetic, and fly using magnetic forces but only when the field is super strong. Staying on Brral he became a local hero. But when Cosmic Boy went mad after watching Lydda, his wife die at the hands of Cosmic King; whom he killed in a fit of rage Brainiac 5 contracted him and he became the last resort weapon to take out Cosmic Boy.
After a long battle with the crazed hero Cosmic Boy, Mag-No negated Cosmic Boy's powers as he attempted to shift the magnetic polls to be stronger by amplifying his powers. But its that amplification along with Mag-No's negation that he stopped. The energy from the magnetic forces being amplified had no where to go but into Mag-No and finally imbuing him with magnokenisis and robbing Cosmic Boy of his. Brainiac 5 asked after his rehabilitation to join the ranks of the Legion. Even though he had magnokenisis now he still kept his name Mag-No as a reminder of where he came from.

Page 14 of 14 1 2 12 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,018
Posts1,044,857
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Cham55
Cham55
Scotland