Who's Online Now
1 Legionnaires (Chaim Mattis Keller), 0 Murran Spies and 10 Spider Guild Agents online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Television Trouble-Finder
Time-Scope
Inane One Word Posts XXX - keep it clean
by Quislet, Esq. 11/22/17 01:42 PM
Name Three - III
by Invisible Brainiac. 11/22/17 12:47 PM
Birds of Prey
by Cobalt Kid. 11/22/17 12:27 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Quislet, Esq. 11/22/17 11:38 AM
Would you still rather
by Quislet, Esq. 11/22/17 11:35 AM
Answering Questions with Questions XVI
by Quislet, Esq. 11/22/17 11:25 AM
Legion Trivia 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller. 11/22/17 09:57 AM
Universe-Monitor
DC Comics
Legion Wiki
LMBP Yahoo! Group
LMB Wiki
Facebook Legion World
Twitter Legion World
Legion at Cosmic Teams
Legion of Super-Bloggers
The Legion Omnicom
Legion Abstract
Year 3000 - Legion RP site
The Future Begins Now - Legion RP site
We Are Legion - Legion RP site
Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe - Legion
Mike's Amazing World of DC Comics - Legion
Legion of Super-Heroes Online Companion
Hero History at Major Spoilers
Interlac, the Legion of Super-Heroes APA Facebook group
Klordny: Devoted to the Legion of Super-Heroes
APA 247 Yahoo! Group
It's OK, I'm a Senator
Get-a-Life Boy's Legion of Super-Heroes Site
Titanstower
The Legion Files
Heaven4Heroes - Legion
Legion of Super-Heroes fanfic
Glamazonia presenta: Legione Dei Super-Eroi
Super Future Friends
Legion of Substitute Podcasters
Blockade Boy
The Legion of Super-Heroes - Kevin Leung's Original Comic Art Gallery
The Superhero Network Entertainment Group
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 15 1 2 13 14 15
#938719 - 10/12/17 06:36 AM Re: DC Comics Rebirth [Re: Sarcasm Kid]  
Brain-Fall-Out Boy Offline
Active
Brain-Fall-Out Boy  Offline
Active

Texas
The Superman books are starting to lose me. Between fill-ins on both titles, event tie-ins, and some awful message comics in Superman, there have been quite a few books that I have skipped or wished I had. Hopefully once we push through the Mr. Oz stuff, there will be a refocusing. At least the Imperious Lex storyline sounds promising. Other than that, my list is the same as the last one I posted above.

Looking at the latest sales numbers, I guess I better start the pre-grieving process for Cyborg and New Super-Man. Everything else I read seem to be at least in the "on the bubble" zone.

I decided at the last minute not to carry on with the James Robinson WW. He's a writer I've never liked as much as I wish I did, and I was honestly just not feeling that enthused, and didn't want to waste time on a book I was likely to subconsciously sabotage anyway. But I will keep my ears up, and if I hear good enough things about it from quarters I respect, I will give it another go.

Other than that, I continue to like/love all my other Rebirth titles. I've been thinking about giving Detective another go. It was probably the toughest call I made in my drops. But again, I'll probably wait for the Mr. Oz event cycle to settle first. Diving back in with an issue sure to push my event-fatigue and continuity wallowing buttons would be pointless.

#939265 - 10/21/17 10:03 PM Re: DC Comics Rebirth [Re: Sarcasm Kid]  
Sarcasm Kid Offline
Wanderer
Sarcasm Kid  Offline
Wanderer

Bronx, NY
I think I can officially say Rebirth has lost me. I wasn't able to keep track of the titles I was buying when I began working at Yankee Stadium. I was too busy with that and the comic store, and dealing with Baltimore Comic Con, NYCC, and the writing for Super-Bloggers and Point Horror and Endangered Bodies.

But ever since my schedule slowed down again, I simply haven't had the interest to go back to the books I was following from Rebirth. Batgirl, Titans, Superwoman, even Batwoman by Marguerite Bennett. The only one I've held onto is still New Super-Man. Wonder Woman I, of course, dropped when Robinson began writing and have become increasingly determined NOT to support it because I want nothing to do with that garbage plot thread about her having a twin brother., and the fact that's he bringing Vanessa Kapatelis back just for a rehash of her Silver Swan arc makes me hate the man even more. Titans slowly lost me with and now with the reveal of the evil Donna Troy I don't want to go near it. I stuck with Rebirth because I was hoping to see more of the real DCU, but nothing to my true satisfaction. It's still all just being forced into the mold the New 52 created and I'm sick of it.

I don't care what Johns does with Watchmen or Dr. Manhattan, kill them all and be done with it. I've never cared about Doctor Oz. None of this Dark Matter stuff interests me and I would've LOVED to read Terrifics if Tom Strong is involved, but if there's a Legion link I don't want to go near this. I'm sick of waiting to see when they're going to bring back more of the pre-Flashpoint DCU, but when they do it just gets ruined. I want Linda Danvers and Lian Harper and the real Duela Dent. I want Cass Cain and Stephanie Brown to be included whenever they do stories about Bruce's kids and not just the Robins.

I wish DC had never brought Barry Allen back and I hate Grant Morrison and Geoff Johns for doing it.

I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf
#939268 - 10/22/17 01:08 AM Re: DC Comics Rebirth [Re: Sarcasm Kid]  
Active
Active

Texas
I have mixed feelings about Christopher Priest taking over Justice League. On the one hand, I love Priest and will give just about anything he writes a shot, even if I'm dubious. But he described it as "heroes in the real world," a tag I thought we left in the 90's were it belongs. I'm not sure I'm down for another round of "the public distrust these godlike beings floating above humanity." I'm also a little dubious about "The Fan," a character who knows every detail about the League and uses their own weaknesses against them "for their own good." Sounds suspiciously Superboy-Prime to me. There are plenty of aspects of fandom that need to be addressed, but too often when creators do it, it comes off as them looking down on fans that are beneath them. I can get on board with "we need to reform our community," if it's done well. "You losers need to get your shit together" is a much harder sell.

On the mutant third hand, his first arc begins with Batman making a mistake, possibly the most shocking and innovative new Batman concept in the last 20 years.

And like I said, I like Priest enough to give him the benefit of the doubt and try it out even if I'm not sure it's for me. Especially since it seems to be fulfilling his career-long dream of sitting at the adult table and handling the A-list properties.

Last edited by Brain-Fall-Out Boy; 10/22/17 01:09 AM. Reason: I'm spel gud
#939544 - 10/26/17 06:32 AM Re: DC Comics Rebirth [Re: Sarcasm Kid]  
Active
Active

Texas
I haven't grabbed this week's Flash yet. I've been avoiding the Metal tie ins, but the previous issue ended on a pretty important cliffhanger. Is it picked up in this issue, or can I safely wait for the crossover to pass?

#940206 - 11/08/17 09:21 PM Re: DC Comics Rebirth [Re: Sarcasm Kid]  
Sarcasm Kid Offline
Wanderer
Sarcasm Kid  Offline
Wanderer

Bronx, NY
You can pick up Flash #33 it has nothing to do with Metal.

And on another topic, I've officially dropped Titans because I do NOT need this crap with Donna Troy in my life right now.

-
Bring Back Lian Harper: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf
#940479 - 11/12/17 12:32 PM Re: DC Comics Rebirth [Re: Sarcasm Kid]  
Myg - Andy S Offline
Wanderer
Myg - Andy S  Offline
Wanderer

San Diego
I just picked up the most recent Titans. It's pretty bad

Also I was unimpressed with the second trade collection of Batgirl. It's too young for me

#940480 - 11/12/17 12:38 PM Re: DC Comics Rebirth [Re: Sarcasm Kid]  
Sarcasm Kid Offline
Wanderer
Sarcasm Kid  Offline
Wanderer

Bronx, NY
I mean, damn it Abnett I trusted you!

-
#940775 - 11/17/17 11:12 AM Re: DC Comics Rebirth [Re: Sarcasm Kid]  
Reboot Offline
I want to escape, back to sweeter days-kinder days
Reboot  Offline

I want to escape, back to sweeter days-kinder days

The Mainframe
Element Lad says "hi", Sarky tongue

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
Page 15 of 15 1 2 13 14 15

Monitor Duty
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics20,228
Posts950,428
Legionnaires1,684
Most Online860
Oct 17th, 2017
Newest Legionnaires
Impy, Sicroh, Kid_Chaos, Jannetto, Cyberstrike
1684 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Time Bubble
Holo-Vids
New Legion Cover #1
21CL Shrinking Violet
Catalyst Queen for Legion AU Project
Roll Call
Show All Member Profiles 
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star