Roll Call
0 members (), 16 Murran Spies, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/19/24 11:13 AM
Kill This Thread L - Half a Century
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/19/24 11:13 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by thoth lad - 04/19/24 10:51 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/19/24 01:49 AM
Kill This Thread XLIX - We're Getting Old
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/18/24 02:08 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/17/24 03:44 AM
The thread that ate _____ !
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/17/24 03:44 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 17 of 17 1 2 15 16 17
Re: DC Comics Rebirth
Sarcasm Kid #960196 09/26/18 02:10 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
I'm surprised they didn't bring Ted Kord back to life to kill *him*!

Sarcasm Kid #960198 09/26/18 02:49 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Jinxed it.

Sarcasm Kid #960225 09/26/18 06:17 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Tongue-in-cheek article about how the five main characters should just have died in Heroes in Crisis too, to save them the embarrassment of appearing in the story.

if they had all died, then the comic would be over and we could all move on from this sad attempt at making an emotional impact by brutally murdering a bunch of beloved heroes in a super-mega-crossover event whose impact will just be undone in the next super-mega-crossover event.

Note: there may be some spoilers in the article too, read at your own risk.

Sarcasm Kid #960226 09/26/18 06:37 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
The main character is a time traveler, so I'll believe any of the ramifications when I see them stick at the end of the series, but I do agree that DC did not need a tonal successor to Identity Crisis right now (or ever).

Sarcasm Kid #960227 09/26/18 06:45 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Yeah. I just realized I'm so jaded by retcons and reboots that I'm not even considering the idea that all these heroes are dead for good. Not until the story is finished, anyway.

Also: this is about mental health, right? What if it's all in someone's mind, all a bad dream, all a fantasy?

In fact, I'm most worried about the poor waitress in the diner. Gee, I hope she's okay!

Dave Hackett #960228 09/26/18 07:04 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Originally Posted by Dave Hackett
The main character is a time traveler, so I'll believe any of the ramifications when I see them stick at the end of the series, but I do agree that DC did not need a tonal successor to Identity Crisis right now (or ever).

Ten to one it turns out Booster goes back in time to try and stop it from happening, then it turns out he really was the cause.

And then he kills himself in front of the Trinity.

Or most likely Ted Kord.

Sarcasm Kid #960238 09/26/18 10:14 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Some thoughts someone had to share about why the Arsenal retcon in this story is demeaning garbage, and Tom King should be ashamed of himself.

http://taperwolf.tumblr.com/post/178500995800/the-last-time-we-saw-roy-he-told-jason-he-was

Sarcasm Kid #960245 09/27/18 03:46 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Wasn't going to buy it anyway, but I question the need to kill off known/big-name characters for the purpose of the story. If it's a murder mystery, they could have had a few unknown-to-readers characters killed. This just seems to annoy people more than create emotional impact.

Holy Cats of Egypt!
Sarcasm Kid #960271 09/27/18 08:50 AM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
One corpse opening a series isn't enough anymore. Watchmen, that JSA series at Sandman's funeral... old, old, old. Cape carnage is what's needed! Apparently.

From what I've heard the plot is two characters have a fight that doesn't reflect their powers and the big three visit a farm. And the reader gets a free telegram telling them who's responsible.

"...not having to believe in a thing to be interested in it and not having to explain a thing to appreciate the wonder of it."
Fat Cramer #960276 09/27/18 09:17 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Considering that

Booster Gold has a forcefield, while Harley has NO powers,

yeah, the fight in issue 1 was really dumb

Originally Posted by Fat Cramer
Wasn't going to buy it anyway, but I question the need to kill off known/big-name characters for the purpose of the story. If it's a murder mystery, they could have had a few unknown-to-readers characters killed. This just seems to annoy people more than create emotional impact.

It does seem like the main characters' motivations (big 3's mourning, Harley and Booster's confusion) could have been achieved just as well by killing off a bunch of heroes specially-created FOR this series! So far everyone dead is a relatively well-established hero, who have been around long enough to earn their share of fans.

Sarcasm Kid #960284 09/27/18 10:43 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
I don't have the strength to say anything, but I am still so angry because things refuse to change in all this time.

Sarcasm Kid #960320 09/27/18 04:42 PM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
Originally Posted by Sarcasm Kid
I don't have the strength to say anything, but I am still so angry because things refuse to change in all this time.

DC don't seem to be able to get out of the narrowest version of one of your favourites.

"...not having to believe in a thing to be interested in it and not having to explain a thing to appreciate the wonder of it."
Sarcasm Kid #960321 09/27/18 05:00 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
I AM NOT

I.

I'm talking about ALL the characters.

Sarcasm Kid #960325 09/27/18 08:32 PM
Active
Active
I don't get too worked up about deaths any more, since the revolving door revolves faster all the time. But I am upset by one of the deaths, because there was so much unresolved baggage around his recent appearances, and they pretty clearly have no intention of resolving it. Who know what his setup will look like when he returns.

OTOH, Tom King has earned my trust at least enough to keep an open mind about the story itself. He's not a perfect writer, so I'm not CERTAIN I will love the final result, but I'm willing to see how things go.

Sarcasm Kid #960394 09/28/18 10:24 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
I'm calling it right now. Linda Danvers is gonna be one of the victims at some point in this mess. Because we know Didio and Johns completely hate her just because she's not Kara, and this gives them the excuse of foisting her death on somebody else's pen.

If not her than probably Dorothy Spinner, who'll talk about how her first period traumatized her in a way that somehow mocks Rachel Pollack's Doom Patrol run. Or most likely Kate Godwin who'll be degraded into a stereotype of trans characters. Who else wants to take bets on characters that're probably dying? Anyone? Anyone?

Maybe Kid Eternity? Or Nightshade? One of the Amazing Men? Maxine Hunkel? There'll probably be one of the New Bloods, DC LOVES killing them off. Except for Hitman, of course. Oh! Maybe the reason Cass Sandsmark disappeared will be revealed really, really soon!

Sarcasm Kid #961754 10/19/18 03:58 PM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
On a recent visit to the local comics shop, I noticed that the issue with more issues available of it than anything else was the first issue of this one. By quite a margin. I guess they expect higher sales. And I guess that, even though it’s been out for a while, they will go in the end.

I couldn’t help but take a peek…

The opening scene in a diner made me think it had been lifted from Planetary.

That poor diner was trashed and the “hero” let that happen just to make the scene grounded or some nonsense. Poor business owner.

Booster Gold doesn’t know how his powers work after all this time. Generally, the fight strained credibility throughout.

The interview segments were a lot less forced over in the first issue of West Coast Avengers, also out at the same time.

BIG ONE: How did they all fit inside that farmhouse? Does it have lots of hidden levels? There are loads of dedded people around. They were all recently using a bathroom or a fridge. Where did they all fit?
Even in a quick skim, the premise of the “Big Three” setting up the sanctuary is laughably ponderous and self-indulgent (“redemption” Oh dear). Of course super heroes can’t just get the support that other people get. Even secret identities doesn’t really stand up as a reason. See other navel gazing JLA concepts. Leaving them all with their costumes may not have been a great therapeutic idea either.

It reminds me of the Kent’s farm which may be the idea.

Again, it was a quick read but I didn’t get the feeling that there was a huge amount going on under the surface of the cast.

Not being a DCU reader for a while, I’m just aware of the seemingly huge number of retcons/reboots etc so this could all be time travelled/rebooted away. Although, I didn’t get the feeling, by the arbitrary body count, and interviews, that there was a lot of care for some of the cast.

So, a prolonged fight and a first peek at some cape carnage padded out with some interview pages. I hope Bats does a better job investigating this crime scene than he did in the dreadful Identity Crisis.

Sarcasm Kid #961770 10/19/18 07:42 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
I can't believe I was wrong about Cass.

Sarcasm Kid #962502 10/30/18 10:28 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Welp. DC did that.

They killed Poison Ivy.

Sarcasm Kid #963999 12/05/18 09:19 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
For those who haven't been reading Heroes in Crisis (which is totally understandable), the third issue makes it kind of really obvious whose fault it is this happened.

Wally West.

See, Sanctuary uses these virtual reality chambers where patients relive their traumas to deal with them (which is an incredibly stupid thing to do) and Wally's been creating holograms of Linda Park and their kids. Which is a special kind of frustrating because, instead of Barry and Iris offering to help Wally look for his missing kids or restore Linda's memories like Iris's memories were fixed, they were fine with shipping him off to Sanctuary so he would shut up. After spending about two weeks in Sanctuary, Wally apparently tried to do something with the computer in what's implied to be an attempt to get Irey and Jai back for real. Somehow the computer totally freaked out and killed everyone except Wally, Booster Gold, and Harley Quinn. Wally found Roy Harper's dead body, held Roy and sobbed he just didn't want to be alone before Harley killed Wally.

With these rumors about Wally being in the new Suicide Squad, it's implied this will be his punishment or attempt at atonement ala Speedball's time as Penance during Civil War.

It is staggering how far Dan Didio will go out of his way to try and destroy Wally's character in any way possible.

Sarcasm Kid #964502 12/19/18 10:49 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
This is genuinely disturbing.

It turns out DC planned to bring Eric Esquivel into the current Nightwing title, to share writing duty with Scott Lobdell. This was exposed due to the leaks for the March 2019 solicits, which have been delayed. The leaks occurred a few days after Esquivel, writer for Vertigo's Border Town, was facing sexual assault allegations from several women, mainly toy designer Cynthia Naugle.

It's kind of really disgusting to think, remembering Lobdell also has a reputation for sexually harassing women, that two completely different men who've committed such acts were going to be working together on the same comic featuring a character who has been a victim of sexual abuse himself.

Can I ask just what the HELL is going on in this company?

Page 17 of 17 1 2 15 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,018
Posts1,044,853
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
My Whee Fem
My Whee Fem
Security Office Lobby
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star