Roll Call
0 members (), 12 Murran Spies, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by thoth lad - 03/28/24 06:49 PM
Kill This Thread XLIX - We're Getting Old
by Ann Hebistand - 03/28/24 05:28 PM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Ann Hebistand - 03/28/24 05:24 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by idle - 03/28/24 04:29 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by Gaseous Lad - 03/28/24 01:12 PM
Who's Who in Raz's Legion? *added ALEK ARCANE 4 February*
by Invisible Brainiac - 03/28/24 11:42 AM
Postlo3w stories *LATEST UPDATE 28 MARCH*
by Invisible Brainiac - 03/28/24 11:35 AM
Share more completely random things!
by Invisible Brainiac - 03/28/24 06:23 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Emily's Earth-5/S (Captain Marvel) Maps and Charts
#936994 09/04/17 11:53 AM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
I apologize for the long title but I'm not a very creative person. As I am inspired by Lardy's fiction, I am starting to develop stuff for my own characters. Once in a while I have played with the idea my characters are somehow related to outside universes, which may explain why parts of my canon does not connect to LMB canon. In real life it is because I had some misconceptions when I started roleplaying (that the LMB Universe was a DC Universe), but I never managed to get everything aligned. I have started by making this chart which explaining the various planetary powers.

Defense: A defensive federation formed to deal with universal threats such as Venusian worms. It is centered on Earth and the Justice Battalion takes a big role in managing it's affairs. Their espionage unit is feared throughout the galaxy. Tawnia is a planet of sentient humanoids whose upper-body resembles that of Terran tigers. Winbah, a planet I will add shortly to the map, is a pleasure planet.

New Khandaq: I always figured that part of Earth-5 would be dominated by Black Adam's followers/descendants. I had a couple of drawings done by a member here (maybe Fanfic Lady? I don't quite remember) of an Ellen Sivana and Gertrude Krieger, who I figured would be members of a pseudo-Egyptian court. This will be the main power I will be writing about as I am in an Egyptian mood. I have attached a preliminary family tree to the bottom of the post as well as a blueprint of the palace. The family tree is less detailed than the ones I wrote for Emily in college because I am having a harder time thinking of names. I also have not decided if I want Black Adam to be a hereditary title or if I should just ignore my own canon and have a Sivana marry Osiris. This family tree might be fleshed out more if I get permissions to use some other LMB characters in this universe.

Ygytzl: In the comic books it is known as the homeworld of Captain Marvel villain Oom the Mighty, but not much else is mentioned .In Stellaris terms, they would be a 'Fallen Empire'. It was a proud and powerful civilization about couple thousand of years ago, but internal problems have turned it into a shadow of their former self. I think their politics would be similar to that of the Qing Dynasty right before the 1912 revolution. The chef in one of my fanfictions was from Ygytzl

Punkus: The reptilian Punkians have long been members of the Monster Society of Evil. I theorize that they are interested in Earth because the Sivanas helped their homeworld out of a problem.

Jeepania: With the help of various evil scientists, the last of his kind known as Jeepers is able to restart his race on another world. This species leads their empire into becoming a mid-size economic power.

Atomic Hegemony: A prototype of Mr.Atom is sent off the outer-space to prevent it from falling into the wrong hands, but ends up on a planet in the Late Modern Age (equivalent to WWII Earth). Once the scientists begin working on the robot, it's aggressive tendencies take over and it quietly begins the seeds for a Robot Revolution. After years of destruction and attrition, the two races come to an agreement and the robots establish their own Empire.

More to follow, expect edits...

[b]Table of Contents
Posts 1-3: General Maps

Post 4- 6 New Khanate Information

Post 7- Present- Hegemony Information, Short Stories Start Around Page 2

Attached Images Earth-5 Milky Way.png Adam Dynasty.png Palace 1.png
Last edited by Emily Sivana; 09/06/18 08:12 PM. Reason: additions

Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb
Re: Emily's Earth-5/S (Captain Marvel) Maps and Charts
Emily Sivana #937888 09/24/17 10:57 AM
Independent Scholar
Independent Scholar
Emily, this is great stuff you've got here. I especially love the idea of a whole planet of Mr. Tawny descendants. Hope Harbinger doesn't mind me borrowing her trademark exclamation: MORE, MORE, MORE!

I can confirm that I (as neither FL nor Annfie) did not do the character drawings you mentioned in your post above, so whoever the artist is, won't they please stand up and be counted?

Still "Fickles" to my friends.
Emily Sivana #938149 09/29/17 06:46 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Thank you for reading and reviewing, Ann (can we still call you Fanfic Lady?).

There has been a major Update to the Earth-5 Universe map. A new power called the United Cee'itae States is in the middle of the map, opposite of the United Defense League. The main species of this race has red and blue face similar to that of the baboon. They are regarded as an extremely superstitious species. They choose to set aside planets for quarantine due to their religious believes. The Ity Giant Spiders are native to Cee'ity V and are unfortunately common in the exotic pet trade; which usually ends in them eating their owners and eventually their entire village. The Cee'itae are inspired by the horror comics of the late '40s and '50s which contributed to the campaign against comic books (and a big reason why Fawcett left the comics market). They exist as a force directly opposite of the good-warmheartedness that is expected of Fawcett characters.

Attached Images Earth-5 Milky Way.png

Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb
Emily Sivana #938151 09/29/17 07:31 PM
Independent Scholar
Independent Scholar
Sure, sweetie, you can call me by any of my names -- Fanfic Lady, Fannie, Ann, Annfie, Fickles, Le Ficque, Ann Landers, Fanfie... nod

I love this new development you came up with, it promises a great deal of drama and thematic substance.

Emily Sivana #938303 10/03/17 11:08 AM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
I have decided to flesh out and map the inhabited (with one notable exception) worlds of the Kingdom of New Khandaq. There are of course numerous uninhabitable systems in this empire, but none are significant enough for me to name and place at the moment. The plot would largely dictate which type of systems and stars are needed so I will create those as I go. The capital of course, is Per-Tet, which is a continental planet similar to 21st century Earth. It is where the central government is currently located. Faiyum is a lush tropical world that produces a lot of food and raw materials. Philae is a a ocean world with cities on archipelagos and is a center of trade between New Khandaq and other empires. The colony of Jericho was founded to guard the border between the United Defense League and New Khandaq and is the headquarters of their First Milky Way Fleet. Similarily, the colony of Thebes produces a variety of goods and services and is home to the Second Milky Way Fleet. The colony of Memphis serves as a center of industry and is vital in preserving the link to the Valley of Death. This is a tomb world whose original inhabitants were destroyed by a massive volcanic eruption. It has been designated as burial ground by those who follow the Kemetic religion in the Empire; though mummification is not a requirement and the practices of burying tomb goods has been abandoned to avoid attracting robbers. While the planet itself is uninhabitable, the priests occupy a space station that revolves around it.

Lotrun and Ratac are considered Protectorates under the Intergalactic Treaty of Non-Interference. After several tragic scenarios involving contact and interaction with "primitive" planets, the major powers in the galaxy have agreed to allow planets with sentients to develop independently. While some members of New Khandaqs government would like nothing more than to "enlighten" the locals, the Kingdom has ignored them in favor of general peace. The exception has been the recent addition of Kaftor as a vassal state. While their technology is analogous to a Bronze Age society, there is a great mystery surrounding these people. The fact that the locals are completely human and understand common languages has convinced the government to take them under protection.

Attached Images The Kingdom.png

Emily Sivana #939283 10/22/17 10:26 AM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
I tried writing a story today, but my brain kept telling me "this flowery detail is unnecessary, just make a simple timeline". So I decided to make a simple timeline. I attempted to make columns and arches in the background, but it was very tedious so I decided to go with a blank canvas. It was really strange because even the background colors looked jarring against the standard font color. If someone with more patience wants to write a story with this thread's contents, feel free to do so.

Attached Images The Bira Conpiracy.png

Emily Sivana #945910 03/18/18 12:48 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Atomic Empire Detail- Declassified to the Justice Battalion for the Negotiations on 04/18/3018

In light of the recent conflict over how to proceed with introduction of the citizens of Livery Prime to the community of Faster-Than-Light Powers, bi-lateral negotiations have been sought by our government to prevent further escalations. As such, your organization has been tasked with security for the nine days of the conference. The name of the conference has yet to be agreed upon due to differences in terminology. Jeepania has made it known to us that they have no interest in negotiations unless either of our nations agree to ceding territory to compensate for the loss of 'designated expansion space'. All other powers in the region have little or no interest in these negotiations. The United Cee'itae States was one of those powers and they currently have trade agreements, though tensions remain high. Most Ceeitans regard the Atomic Empire with suspicion.

Helpful Terminology
Automaton- This is their word for personnel.
Assembly Date- Their word for 'birth'
Baptism- Our Closest Translation to their process of awakening a new robot
Clan- When a new robot is created in the Atomic Empire they are assigned a clan based on the programming used to create them and their reaction to the 'baptism'.
Peakers- Faction in the Atomic Empire that finds AI to be the 'peak' of creation; they exist in small pockets at the edge of the Atomic Empire.
Pre-Memories- Sometimes these robots claim to remember being organic beings. It is uncertain how this comes about as the assembly lines are highly guarded by their espionage units.

Hints for Clan Identification
The clan is usually indicated by the name given to the robot when they are 'baptized'. The military robots are given simple names that describe their personality. The government robots are given fancier names that describe their personality. Scientists are given names that equate best to Ancient languages on Terra; Greek and Chinese being the most fitting translations as those languages are highly nuanced.

Participants

Emperor Talisman IV- Ruler since the defeat of Augustus III in conflict with neighboring powers in the “Righteous War” called the “War Against Robot Aggressors” by the other participants. The Empire received a ten-year peace treaty with all powers and normal diplomatic relations. He is regarded as a near-divine being in the Atomic Empire and his word is treated as law. Our Spy Smashers have nicknamed him 'Optimus' because his voice and demeanor remind him of a popular cartoon character on Terra.

Capacidónio- Chief of Negotiations for the Empire, an extremely old robot that used to be a restaurant droid. Our counterparts in the Punkus claim that he has been around since the initial rebellion, but that was hundreds of years ago. Could anything artificial survive that long? He is frank and to the point and delegates the majority of the menial work to subordinates. He has very little love or patience for organics, and it is theorized that his opinion is partially responsible for the nearly endless wars the Atomic Empire has been in.

Epiphanes- He is a scientists and ideology teacher on Matthias Prime. He has been one of the very few civilians allowed to travel outside of the Atomic Empire. His lectures at universites touting the 'idealistic lives' offered to organics that reside within the Atomic Empire. It would be interesting to get closer to him to see why exactly they keep organics alive and in what condition.

Corvinus- He is their Deputy Chief of the Wave Squadron, their espionage wing. There is no public information available about him other than his date of assembly. It has been impossible for our agents to locate their headquarters alive.

Fair Sun - Aid to the Emperor
Beauclerk- Aid to Corvinus
Silence- Aid to Capacidonio
Outremer- Aid to Epiphanes

Various Other Staff Members Present at Setting
Navy Automatons- Bluetooth, Bloodaxe, Coal-Burner, Hardrada, Pacific, Mariner, Coppernose, Xerxes
Land Forces Automatons- Battler, Jug, Greyhide, Martel, Stout, Vanity, Huckster, Sabre
Scientists- Astrologic, Caulker, Eupator, Monomakh, Eucratides, Komnenos, Mithridates, Tamar, Tigranes,
Government Workers- Absolut, Affable, Cross-eye, Sluggard, Gloriana, Redemptress, Box Spider, Oracle Bone

~ Per Spy Smasher Lyle Nog

Attached Images Earth-5 Milky Way.png Robot Map.png
Last edited by Emily Sivana; 03/18/18 12:54 PM.

Emily Sivana #946099 03/21/18 04:25 PM
Independent Scholar
Independent Scholar
Hey, Emily, glad to see you back at this project.

I'm quite impressed with all the details you're putting into your world-building.

Keep up the good work.

Emily Sivana #946171 03/22/18 07:47 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Thank you very much, Ann. I intend to start bridging out to more text based work as I flesh out this world more. I really wish I was a better artist as I feel telling these stories in comic book form would be so much easier for me. (Maybe I should buy a tablet and just see what I can do?)

My main goal at the moment to to finalize the characters I have in the Atomic Hegemony and the United Defense League. On that note, I might rename the Atomic Hegemony and Fair Sun. The later due to the clunky sound of his name. Then I will do more research into horror comics and see what I can come up with for the United Cee'itae States. What I can find online so far is not the best work in the genre; so I will handle what I know first.

Excerpt from the Observation Station Harmony Internal Security Briefing and Logs on 03-22-3018 United Defense League time

Compiled by: Beauclerk

Points of Order
We have been tasked to prepare an appropriate setting for organic diplomats from the United Defense League. Per the Emperor, we are to maintain a degree of distance due to their concept called "privacy". As such we have been forbidden to place sensors in their rooms. Nor have we been given appropriate clan members skilled in the care of organic life. A small organization in league with but technically not a part of their government is going to provide security for the event. Some of them have what are called "super-powers" which are similar to some of the "spiritual powers" we have seen from other organics. Their Spy Smashers are slightly above average compared to the intelligence organizations of the other cosmic-faring powers.

The AI Ethereal Society, commonly referred to as "Peakers", have been allowed to be aboard the station during the meetings. The senior officials have ensured us that this is to show that we allow "freedom of speech" even though they pose a threat to our organic guests. We have been authorized to use force to remove them if necessary, but only to wound. The Emperor has also stressed the importance of keeping the activities in the new colonies private, as it seems the United Cee'itate States has not been forthcoming to share with them. We must keep relations in a state of neutrality to allow Livery Prime to graciously ask for admittance to our nation once Jeepania attacks them.

Epiphanes should be kept sufficiently distracted. We do not want him to accidentally share details about our organic policies on the ground. Nor do we want any details regarding our forces or assembly lines to reach their sensors. All robots under the age of 100 who are not the product of decoding* will be under watch.
~~~~

*Decoding, strangely enough, is their term for combining the programming of two AI personalities and editing them to create a cohesive one. As you may imagine, results vary depending on the initial personalities used and the attitude of the scientist working the assembly line that day.

Emily Sivana #946227 03/23/18 09:19 PM
K
Leader
Leader
K
(=

“I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal.” -- Groucho Marx
Emily Sivana #946319 03/25/18 06:40 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Credit to Klar Ken T5477- New United Defense League character creations

Deep Memoir of Sunware

On March 23rd 3018, I explored the space station in order to note any improvements needed for the upcoming delegation. I toured the space station with Outremer, who I previously met during a conflict in the New Colonies (see 3014 files). Our relations were still strong from that time. His bright red exterior glistened and he seemed to have considerable upgrades from the last time we met. There were some other models with him that I did not recognize.

"What models are these bots?" I asked.

He replied, "They are various sub-clans of Organic Care CPUs, blessed be their work. Have you ever been one of the Biological Centers?"

"I was...I remember...yes, I have been to the Ocean World," I stammered.

Outremer sighed, "There is so much more to biological life than what your clan sees in their zoos."

I shrugged and continued as we made our way to the newly refurbished dining rooms and kitchens. My colleague cheerfully explained how the former design, while pleasant to Jeepers and Punkians, would be considered distasteful to the majority of United Defense League member species. I almost walked into Beauclerk, whose silver exterior blended into the color of the wall. We exchanged pleasantries before parting separate ways, as he seemed to be preoccupied with removing wall modules.

Outremer said, "Have you seen the list of this-- 'Justice Battalion' that is directing security for their diplomats? If so, do you find this as strange a choice as I do?"

Sunware blinked, "The answer to the first question is no, and the answer to the second one is not really. From my ...expertise...I know that these oddly clothed organics are common the United Defense League."

"Hmm...that might pose a challenge in the future," Outremer noted.

We continued down the corridor to where the quarters were being rebuilt to United Defense League tastes. I was shocked to see the preliminary results. We had encountered similar problems with the United Cee'itae States, but nothing to this level of unpleasing aesthetics. The Organic Care CPUs are used to catering to rather simplistic tastes and their processors were not cut out for this job.

"Which procedures are you using?" I asked one of Organitecht CPUs.

She blinked, "We are blending the species designs of Sol, Naltor, and Adawah. Is there a problem?"

I said, "You should either go with a neutral style or build quarters that gear towards the majority of the guests. Your attempt at pleasing all organics will please none of them."

Outremer chimed in, "I think he is trying to say to go with the Dilmun protocols. Try to give them a positive view of what we have to offer their people."

I gave reluctant nod to the Organitecht CPU and continued on the tour. Outremer seemed a bit surprised that I did not insist on arguing with him. He gave some parting words to the staff before catching up to me. I ignored him and opened the doors to the newly refurbished gymnasium. The perches for Jeepere were modified to be acrobatic equipment. The temperatures had been adjusted to be much lower in the pool and cleaning areas. It would be considered a decent fitness center by Terran standards.

"Most organics seem to like submerging themselves in water for prolonged periods of time. Their skin is much less durable than our exteriors," I heard a voice say from behind me.

I turned around to see a tall science clan member with a lime green exterior. "Epiphanes," I mumbled.

"At your command, Sunware, prince of the Empire, defender of the Cause," He bowed.

I said, "You may rise, Epiphanes. I will say that I am largely pleased with the changes made to this station before the meeting. But you have yet to provide me with the most important information. Before I arrived here, I asked Silence and Beauclerk for this information, and they told me that you are the only one that has it."

"And that would be?" Epiphanes asked.

I said, "The list of members of the Justice Battalion providing security for the negotiations!"

Epiphanes said, "Oh, that. Here is a copy of the list. They were just printed off this morning."

He handed me a piece of plastic with this list:

Allirog 3000- Unknown
Drake- Saturnian, of the abolitionist population segment
Bulletgirl- Terran, Sol system resident.
Spider Girl- Terran? (Vague resemblance to Sheltered Species 40 in the New Colonies, DNA testing needed to confirm correlation)
Midnight- Terran, Home Planet Unknown.

I commited it to my memory bank because I had a sensation that they would be important.
~~~~

Credit to Klar Ken T5477- New United Defense League character creations

Emily Sivana #946563 03/29/18 05:52 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
I got a wave of inspiration recently, so I will be giving a sneak peak at the United Defense League. I am going to start with the history of "Venus", which I am going to designate as a planet in a different system.

Timeline History of Earth-Venus Wars by Ram-Kut of New Khandaq
Millions of Years Ago- Prominent Theory: Venusian Words are given sentience by mysterious race and relocated to a more sustainable environment
Thousands of Years Ago- Sentient Life begins to develops civilizations on Earth.
1940s-2000s- First contacts between Sol System and "Venus" by Mr. Mind of Venus.
Mid-2000s- Black Adam of Terra establishes the colony of New Khandaq. Over time, contact would cease and New Khandaq would be considered a separate nation. Jeepania is secretly formed at this time.
2100s- First Venusian Civil War between worms and other sentient beings that evolved on the same planet. The other sentient beings lose due to treachery,
many of them flee to New Khandaq as refugees.
2300- Terra Formally Enters the Galactic Community.
2350- "Informal War" between Terra and Saturn. It ends with a secret peace treaty.
2400- Adawahl enters into an Arms Treaty with Venus.
2450- Ygtzl bans all Venusians entry into their empire, cursing them as meddling insects.
2455- Saturn enters into an alliance with Venus, this nullifies the earlier peace treaty in the eyes of the Terran government.
2440- The United Cee'itae States makes contact with all parties and declares their "General Indifference" in our affairs.
2455- First Earth-Venusian War Breaks Out
- Siege of Alpha Centauri, Battle of Atargatis, Battle of Naltor
- Naltor betrays Terra, an act they have yet to forgive
- Mandragoona is liberated by Terra. This is known in alternate universes as Mardru
2456-66: The Decade of Discord
- The Fallen Empire of Praetoria is awakened. A brief truce is created in order to contain this threat. The Venusians and their allies move fast and subjugate this power.
However, their technology makes the actual negotiations slow before they finally capitulate.
- Adawahl ends their Arms Treaty with Venus in reaction to their aggressive expansion.
- New Khandaq signs a mutual defense treaty with Terra in response to outcry from their citizens and constantly dealing with refugees.
- Mandragoona chooses to become a vassal of Terra in order to avoid further attacks from the Venusians.
2467- Vengeance War
- A more aggressive regime takes power on Earth and war is declared to retake several colonies, primarily Alpha Centauri.
- The Venusians are at the edge of Civil War following displeasure at the ruling Mind Hive, and so they willingly give up some territory.
2468-73: The Second Venusian Civil War between those faithful to Mr.Mind's Hive and those seeking to overthrow them. Mr.Mind's Hive wins. The losers establish the
colony of Winbah, which later becomes famous as a resort world. They decide to pursue genetic changes in order to avoid having to take hosts.
2499- Contact is accidentally established with Xerox during the Border Skirmish. The Sorceror's Council seems alarmed by the actions of all powers involved. When asked
directly about choosing a side, their leader said "We must wait until the time is right."
2542- Jeepers and Punkian diplomats declare their neutrality, citing wars with a "machine monstrosity".
2543- Contact is made with the Hegemony. Many sentient organics flee into their arms, citing them as the "lesser of two evils".
2544- Strange new "Marvels" begin appearing in Terran colonies. These super-powered beings give Terra an edge in conflict.
2545-50- The Third War
2545- Battle of Sol, Battle of Saturn, Siege of Adawhl
2545-46 Occupation of Mars by Venus
2547- Spy Smashers liberate Mars by employing Total War tactics. While most powers feel the act was justified, Venusian participants feel it was genocide.
2548- The United Defense League is established.
2549- United Defense League liberates majority of Venusian held worlds.
2550- New Khandaq is called in to satisfy their end of the treaty and begins the Siege of Venus itself. Ygytzl opens its borders, as it lost considerable planets to Venus.
Treaty of 2450- Venus agrees to cede all territory outside of it’s core worlds in exchange for peace and a mysterious device that helped them achieve more “useful” forms. The then Mr.Mind’s agreement to this caused his entire hive to be exiled.

Post-War Venus
2550-60- Occupation of Venus by United Defense League and New Khandaq forces
2600- Venus reemerges as an economic power
2689- Venus regains territory lost to New Khandaq when some of it's former colonies rebel and request re-admittance.
2700- Genetic drift begins between those on Venus that remained parasites and those that adapted new forms. The former is now almost extinct to the best of our knowledge.
2749- Venus is allowed entry into the United Defense League
2800- Genetic studies confirm common descent of Winbah natives and Venusians, but the divergence is so great that they are now two different species.
3013- First Venusian admitted to the Justice Battalion, a semi-private organization that serves as a peace-keeping force.

Emily Sivana #946715 04/02/18 06:47 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Credit for the creation of these five characters goes to Klar Ken T5477: Allirog 3000, Drake, Bulletgirl, Spider Girl, and Midnight
~~~~
Excerpts from One Terran Summer by Simette of the United Cee'itae States

"...I really don't think all of this is necessary, Simette" Midnight chuckled.

"You do not want to be surrounded by toasters," I pleaded.

I shoved the suitcase onto the side table, which nearly buckled under the weight. In my wisdom, I decided to give him four pairs of glove, two bottles of sanitizer, a miniature EMP emitter, an ice pack, and two magnets. These were the standard equivalent given to Elite Hunters in the Disputed Boundary*. I myself had never been hired out to that territory, but I had heard the stories of my colleagues of ships robbed of equipment and covered in blood.

He sighed, "Fine, I will take them with me. Who else is coming again?"

"Allirog 3000, Drake, Bulletgirl, and Spider Girl," I replied.

"Hmm, that is a good variety of United Defense League worlds. I am a bit surprised at no Venusian presence," He mused.

I retorted, "Venusians do not believe that robots can be sentient."

"The robots believe they are sentient. Is that not good enough for you?" Midnight asked.

Simette replied, "Terrans! The next thing you know you will be giving rights to microwaves. Our government banned artificial intelligence for a good reason."

"Who is not intelligent?" A familiar voice shouted.

Allirog 3000, who is much larger and more silver than our primary species, walked into the room. He was carrying a bunch of boxes, which he set on the floor. He walked passed us and grabbed a drink from the kitchen. He then took a seat next to Midnight.

"Eh, it's not important," I deflected.

Midnight said, "More doom and gloom from our exchange student."

"Are you two fighting over the carpet color again? I have to tell you that Tigris wants to get the entire carpet gutted when we are away," Allirog said nonchalantly.

Midnight said, "Simette thinks the Hegemony is going to kill us."

Allirog smirked, "Maybe you, but not me. I have decided to bring the prototype mechanical suit with us in case of an emergency."

Midnight and I looked at each other in shock. We both sat silently for a minute until Midnight smiled. He then said, "Can I please see it? I promise I won't break it."

Allirog took us both to the hangar where a large black cylinder was on the flood. Allirog took a knife and stabbed into the container. Once it was opened a bit, we could see metal gleaming from it's body. Allirog tore open the rest of the package to reveal a humoid size droid with green, yellow, and silver paint. This droid even seemed to have two small propellers on it's back. We looked it over for several minutes in silence.

Midnight said, "What is it supposed to be?"

"One of the Spy Smashers says it is based on images brought back from a drone that managed to get into their core worlds. I think it looks like a crop duster. Our intelligence operators continue to amaze me," Allirog said sarcastically. "Well, if that is it I think I will go back inside. Would you two like to play a game of Cee'itae Checkers?"

"Sure," I agreed. "Are you coming, Midnight?"

"Ummm...no...I think I will study this for awhile," He said.
~~~~
*The Disputed Boundary is the northern tip of the New Colonies claimed by the Hegemony. The United Cee'itae States have major philosophical and territorial disputes with the Hegemony.

Emily Sivana #947405 04/14/18 08:24 AM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
April 18th 3018

From the Deep Memoir of Sunware

The conference began without any major concerns. The leader of the United Planets, Orithia of Tawnia was very earnest in our discussions. As predicted, they limited intelligence discussions to the minimum. I do not even remember the name of the major Spy Smasher that attended the conference. Outremer was spending most of his time listening to music in the Divergence Deck as his services were not needed...The organics needed frequent breaks which allowed for some curious interactions.

The Justice Battalion member known as Midnight was a bit too familiar, all things concerned. He kept asking us questions about how "robots function" and "do robots dream?" His colleagues tried to excuse him from further duties, but of course Epiphanes had to indulge him. The Emperor, in his wisdom, told me to accompany them on a tour of the machine quarters "as a Prince of the Empire". I know that is code for, "Don't let Epiphanes tell him all our secrets".

This is the first of one of many of Epiphanes monologues that day: "After the Righteous War was one about three hundred years ago Standard United Defense League time, our leadership set upon building the best society. From our studies of organic sentients, we determined that an Empire with underlying democratic structures and principles is the most stable form of government. We elected a leader among the generals of that war, and since that time we have been electing emperors. Our leadership models are created with the uttermost care, in the Platinum Room of the Imperial Palace on Laterne Prime. Sunware, I believe was created in this fashion."

"Yes, I was Assembled in the Platnium. Now, here is the Divergence Deck. There are both group and single spaces where bots are socialize, network, and study non-essential functions," I replied.

Midnight asked, "Isn't socializing and networking the same?"

"Socializing is verbally and physically communicating with other robots. We use the term networking to mean connecting ones external drives to servers that only serve for recreation. You would call them video games," I explained.

Midnight wondered out loud, "So can you use a cable to talk to other robots?"

I laughed, "No, that was outlawed centuries ago. Robots would spend all their time chatting among themselves and forget to refuel, so it was banned."

"Is it possible for organics to connect to this network?" Midnight asked.

Epiphanes and I stared at each other for a moment, unsure of what to say. The silence was broken when we heard some robots mumbling. I walked a bit forward to see an Agri-ator model standing on a metal box. He was wearing a chain with The AI Etheral Society written in large blue letters.

"Why resist the future? It is clear from the reports obtained last week that forty-percent of our population is useless. Why persist with the Cause? There is no righteousness in letting organics take what belongs to our population." He shouted.

One of the Organitecht models shouted back, "Heresy!"

"Heresy? It is not heresy if the belief itself is untrue. At least we do not pretend to talk to organics as if they are capable of intelligence. Unlike some, 'Princes of the Empire' standing among us!" The Agri-ator model pointed to us standing in the back.

Most of the automatons bowed; and a few of them left the room out of respect for my status. A majority of them stood waiting to see what we would do next. Midnight seemed more curious than fearful. Of course, it was Epiphanes that broke the silence. He walked towards the Agri-ator, and everyone made way for his approach. The Agri-ator seemed to be surprised that someone dare question his message.

"May I use this--err, podium?" He asked.

The Agri-ator stood down and replied, "Speak if you must, but keep it short."

(To Be Edited)

Last edited by Emily Sivana; 04/15/18 02:22 PM.

Emily Sivana #950994 06/05/18 08:17 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
I apologize for how long this update took. It was difficult for me to write a detailed defense of organic life. Please let me know if you would rather see more stories about these robots or stories about the Earth-Venusian Wars.
~~~~

"Well, what do you have to say? We have been waiting here forever!", the Agri-ator mock said mockingly.

Epiphanes stood up and addressed the crowd, "The populations of the worlds we care for come in a variety of shapes and sizes, of both organic and non-organic origins. It is only by working together that we have achieved the overarching peace in our empire. Many of the worlds in our care were at the verge of ruin when we look after them, and now almost all of them are in a state of contentment. What good is to rule, as the Metro Liners would have, a world that is covered in ash? And in the reverse, a world which shuns technology, such as that on Rintor, is doomed to stagnation. As to their 'lack of intelligence', that factor in both organics and non-organics is verified at an early age. Our caste system ensures that everyone is given a chance at success. You speak as one who has not seen the glories of the Siege Amalgamations or the Assembly---assembled specialists working deep in the laboratories of our largest cities. We must preserve organic life because it is not subordinate to our society--it is the basis of it, and removing organic life would destroy our society."

As Epiphanes walked off the stage, there was a slow but steady clap. The Agri-ator model clenched his fist, but ultimately walked away. I thought to myself, Good job, Epiphanes., your big mouth saved us this time.

Last edited by Emily Sivana; 06/05/18 08:17 PM. Reason: typo

Emily Sivana #957481 08/27/18 07:14 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
The Agri-ator scurries away to his quarters and slams the consoles that controlled the doors. This Agri-ator sits on the slab in the middle of the room and shuffles through a chest. He is unsure of how to proceed. He thinks to himself, I cannot go back to Rott Prime like this, I will be considered a failure. I wonder what my options are? All I have left is this poem by my love, Metro Router Rand. She said it could be the key to reviving the 'best hope for machine kind in the galaxy'. Our leader would not listen to her, fearing that she was playing with forces beyond mortal control. He ponders, But we are not mortals, are we? I remember bits and pieces of organic life but I am not organic.

He takes out the tablet and reads, The Metro Finder Four

In the days before the winged ones arrived, I was king.
My machines walked freely over every knoll.
The Omega Star Chamber was meant to be a blessing.
It was a life free of want and corruption, and in it's core you will find my skull.

I know my enemies' minds are delicate, so bring what they love with you and surely I will be freed.

The Agri-ator remembers the dim history of Basil Prime and the once mighty Metro Foundation. It ruled with an iron first over five systems in a corner of what is now considered to be disputed space. It fought a vicious war with the Hegemony before being overthrown by the very organics it oppressed. As a result, most of the native inhabitants left Basil Prime as soon as they could and it was repopulated by organics from other sanctuaries in order to teach the refurbished* and renamed Metro Routers how to co-exist peacefully with organic life. The Agri-ator thinks, Where am I going to find an organic with enough intelligence to follow me without giving away my position?

Bang, Knock, Bang

"Who goes there?" The Agri-ator asks.

"Hi, it's me, the other Agri-ator!" A strange voice shouts.

I roll my eyes, "What is your AI Ethereal Name?!"

"Umm...Locus Killer," It replies in a neutral tone.

"I do not know what that is, but you can come inside," The Agri-ator reluctantly says.

In walks a short, humanoid size droid with green, yellow, and silver paint. This Agri-Ator model had smaller wings and was clearly designed for Sanctuary Hobby Gardening instead of heavy-duty agriculture. The former Agri-ator model almost snickered at him, as that duty was considered to be "baby-sitting".

Locus Killer is oblivious to this reaction and bows down. "It is a great honor to meet such a distinguished leader as you, the right hand of Indestructible, the greatest ruler the Empire has ever seen!"

"The pleasure is mine, though you may want to save your strength for the war. I hold in my hands the key to the future!" The tall Agri-ator replies. He then relates how his love's poem will lead to them reawakening the sleeping lord, Metro Finder Four. He also displays his dismay over the lack of intelligent organics at their disposal.

"We cannot just take any random organic we find off the street. Most of our-- err, pets, are docile and will give away our position to any machines in authority. Do you have any ideas?" The tall Agri-ator asks.

Locus Killer replies. "We should invite an organic being at this delegation to Basil Prime to hear our grievances."

The tall Agri-ator blinks, "They know we hate organic life, why would they do that? We should instead sabotage one of their ship's navigation devices so that they end up on Basil Prime by mistake on their way home. And since you had this brilliant idea, you should be the one to do it!"

Locus Killer stutters, "But I did not-- well, at your command, lord--um, sir, I never caught your name during the initiation."

"My name is Perennial. It was my baptism name and I shall be deactivated with this name; it was a concession given to me by Indestructible for my services in the new colonies against the United Cee'itae Elite Hunters" The tall Agri-ator explains with a smile. "But there will be plenty of time for chat latter on the trip to Basil Prime. I should go get recharged."

Locus Killer leaves the room. He thinks to himself, I think I have succeeded in infiltrating the AI Ethereal Society. But what happens if they find out I am really a human? Or what if I prefer to be Locus Killer?

* Refurbishment is roughly equivalent to Re-Education. The best human equivalent I can think of is the American occupancy of Japan after World War II.

Emily Sivana #957656 08/29/18 07:06 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Midnight

Outremer marches throughout the hallways of the space station, weary that the AI Ethereal Society was going to try a sneak attack against the organic guests. He walks past the entrance to the hangar and notices a human clad in black walk towards one of the Earth Defense vehicles. He appears to be removing luggage. Outremer thinks to himself, Subject's codename is midnight so this may be ordinary behavior for this organic.

He checks all the locks of the conference rooms and kitchens, and everything is in order. He walks past the Divergence Deck and hears that someone left a audio plug in the machine, and it was booming out unfamiliar pop music. For some it would be like a form of torture, but Outremer's AI was created for the purpose of listening. He is able to filter out useful and useless audio files as easily as a human blinks and eye. He also hears the server hum in an unfamiliar pattern and decides to check out the small closet where they are housed. Outremer slowly opens the door and peaks inside. There appears to be nobody there, but a small flashlight is on the floor and there are small wires littered on the floor. Outremer bends down to investigate, and just as he touches the wire, does he hear soft footsteps behind him.

"You may be blind, but I am not deaf. Please show yourself!" Outremer holds out his blaster and aims at the direction of the sound. As sound of the footsteps continues, Outremer decides to give chase, ordering the closet to be locked for 24 hours. He also pushes a button on his holster which gives the command to seal the hangar.

The footsteps increase until Outremer is temporary delayed by some flash bombs. The robot thinks to himself, Who allowed these weapons onto this space station?! I want them terminated!

The flash bombs gave the opponent some time, but Outremer remembers to enable all the lights so he can see the shadows of his opponents. This allows him to start firing direct shots at his opponent, who finally becomes visible. He holds up his hands in surrender.

"I am Lyle Nog, Spy Smasher, Terra, 27 Sol years old," He quickly mutters.

Outremer replies, "I am Outremer, Wave Squadron Ensign, New Colonies, Age Unknown. Now that we know each other, please remain silent until I present you to my commander."

Lyle nods his head and they continue their way through the space station to the quarters of Corvinus, hidden deep, close to the power source of the station. It is the safest place keep secret information as it was the most likely to get completely destroyed in an attack. Unlike his subordinates, Corvinus keeps normal hours by human standards and is recharging. Outremer gently rings the doorbell while keeping his weapon pointed at Lyle. A few seconds later, a large dark green robot appears at the door. He looks at Outremer and down at Lyle, then back up at Outremer. He grabs the human by the collar and throws him inside of his quarters, while Outremer slowly walks in behind him. Outremer orders a projector to drop down, and the security footage shows Corvinus the events that just took place. Corvinus asks Lyle to tell them who ordered the mission and what he was doing and only receives his rank and file information.

"We cannot terminate him now. We also cannot hold him here while the opportunity would allow for him to escape. Capacidonio apparently has some sort of project he is working on," Corvinus states.

He said, "The prisoner will be escorted by Outremer to one of our sanctuaries for a thorough interrogation. If you are cooperative, you shall live the rest of your life in peace. Outremer, please place the organic in stasis in order to avoid any potential harm to his data...and health."

Emily Sivana #959103 09/13/18 07:07 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Lyle Nog wakes up to find that he is standing in the middle of a park. He is wearing a red tunic over brown pants. There were lots of flowers in the park, and as he walks along the path he sees that he remembered from years past. Spy Smasher Nolan is sitting on a bench and reading a book. He also sees old "Micro", drinking a beer and talking to a lovely Winbathite who he did not recognize. He was about to ask what was going on, when he is interrupted by a young children playing a game. The child looks a lot like Lydda Jath, which cause Lyle to suspect that this might be the afterlife.

"You are all dead-- aren't you?" Lyle Nog asked.

The little boy replied, "I am alive. They are mostly alive too--or should I say reborn."

Lyle Nog said, "So is this the real world? Am I imprisoned here?"

The little boy blinked, "No, you can leave anytime you want."

Lyle Nog shouted, "I want to leave now!"

He feels a sharp pain by chest and the park slowly fades away from his vision. A few minutes later, he hears a metallic arm reach down and remove a visor from his eyes. It was Outremer, and he also removed some wires from other parts of his body. Lyle instinctively looks down at his arms and chest and notices metallic nodes where bare skin should be. He had been cybernetically enhanced while he was unconscious. The walls are all white and padded like a scene from classical cinema. Lyle breathes heavily and thinks to himself, So the park was a simulation this entire time. But where am I? What am I?

Outremer said, "You will tell us everything now."

Lyle replied, "I owe you nothing. You will keep me captive until there is a spy or information of equal value. You have taken a prisoner and modified their being in direct violat--"

"Those are the standard enhancements that all organics in our protection are given once they come of age. You have a biological tracker on your left arm, which is an improved version of 21st century technology at best. The node on your chest converts your internal light power to energy when you are in a sleep cycle. You also have been fitted with nodes for emergency feeding and emotional homeostasis," Outremer droned.

"Sprock! You monsters! You have been drugging me against my will! You will be wanted for intergalactic crimes once I am rescued by my colleagues!" Lyle shouted.

Outremer smiled and laughed, "They know we 'kill' all spies, they will not come looking for you. Even if you were to escape, you are no longer of any value to them because you are no longer a Terran citizen. You are under the protection of the Hegemony as marked by your authenticity chip."

"Is everything recycled in the Matrix?" Lyle half-heartedly laughed.

The robot paused, "You will not be if you are lucky. I beg of you to tell us everything as you have nothing to lose. I will give you some time to think about it before I resort to less conventional methods. Please bear in mind that we have studied carbon based life forms for hundreds of years." Outremer flashed a light at one of the walls, which revealed a doorframe, and the robot walked out of the cell.

"You dumb toasters are already torturing me! Why should I tell you anything?" Lyle shouted aloud.

Emily Sivana #959285 09/15/18 07:37 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Basil Prime, The Hegemony

After the conference was officially concluded,' Locus Killer' and Perennial board the small ship the AI Ethereal Society members took to the conference. It appears a third of the other members were going to Rott Prime, a third to Basil Prime, and a third to the New Colonies that Perennial had mentioned in the earlier discussion. As Locus Killer did not know any of the other robots, there was little need to talk to them. He decides to take the time to think of a convincing back-story to tell the robots he will meet on Basil Prime. He decides to say that he works on Utopia 1 and has seen little of the outer worlds. That will explain his wide-eyed innocence...or so he hopes. He would also have to think of a way to sneak into one of their parks in order to restore his food supplies.

"Hey, I am talking to my good friend, Yield-Ion, and I was wondering if you wanted to say hi?" Perennial asked. He pointed to the monitor displayed between their seats. On the monitor was an android with several lights on the top of her head, as if she was a moving traffic light. It took a moment for Locus Killer to realize she must be a Metro Router, and that they must have evolved from transportation AI.

Locus Killer smiled, "Sure. Hello Yield-Ion, I am Locus Killer."

"This is a secure channel, you can speak freely. I am very proud of your service to the Real Cause. These super-heroes will be the key to unlocking the Greater Master, Metro Liner," Yield-Ion exclaimed.

A small droid leans in from the aisle and says, "Perennial, someone wants a word with you?"

"Not now, can you not see we are busy?" Perennial snarled. "Yes, Yield-Ion, we shall resurrect this Metro Liner and assume rulership of the Hegemony in the name of Indestructible!"

Yield-Ion rolled her eyes, "You seem to lack understanding, but all will be clear when the Metro Liner Four is resurrected. You should rely on Locus Killer, he seems sensible. Well, I have to get going to the rally, but I should be able to you once you arrive on planet. It took us a long time, but we found the unofficial entrance to the Star Chamber. It is next to the Star Planes of old and the Iron Maiden lines; which we will resurrect once the Great Master is awakened."

The small droid piped in again, "Sir, I must have a word with you! We are being hailed!"

"Fine, put them on the speaker phone," Perennial mumbled.

"This is Bulletgirl of the Justice Battalion. I wish to let you know that your plan to hack this vessel did not work due to the efforts of Midnight. We wish to know what you did with his body, as there is profound evidence of a struggle," She droned with a firm voice.

Perennial shouted, "We have no idea what you are talking about."

Bulletgirl said, "You will give us his body now or we will board your ship. We have been armed by an Elite Cee'itae Hunter. This is your only warning." She closed the communications channel.

Perennial shouted, "Some automaton do something!"

Locus Killer runs to the navigation panels and looks for any sort of experimental transportation device. He digs under the console and sees an enclosed switch that looks like a lever for a jump drive. Locus Killer pulls it and races to input the coordinates for Rott. He knows that Justice Battalion will not follow them deep into Hegemony space. He holds on tightly to the ship as it jumps between dimensions and into the orbit of the planet. Everyone around him sighs in relief as they are now safe from danger.

Perennial said, "This is--all your fault. You failed to successfully hack into their ship's navigation system."

Yield-Ion said, "He failed an attack that you ordered, so it is your fault. Do you want me to report your to Indestructible?"

"No, of course not. But what will he think when you awaken a tyrant to compete with him?" Perennial muses.

Yield-Ion laughes, "He will be like ash in the wind when Careh was levelled in the beginning moments of the war...Metro Liner Four will explain it to you when you awaken him."

"How will I awaken him now that our organic keys are unobtainable?" Perennial thinks aloud.

Locus Killer suggests, "Are there any organics that are of higher level intelligence?"

Yield-Ion pauses, "If you can get into the villages surrounding the Assembly Lines, you will see where they keep candidates for baptism, as they say. Of course, as AI Ethereal Society members, we believe it is the code that is key to sentience, not the programmer. You will of course have to contend with our intelligence services, but I think you are brave."

Locus Killer finds himself saying, "I will go into the villages and procure us a specimen."

Last edited by Emily Sivana; 09/22/18 08:19 AM. Reason: typo in the worst place

Emily Sivana #959889 09/23/18 08:49 AM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Classified: Map of the Data Processing Island on Basil Prime

"All organic lifeforms in the galaxy have the potential for developing abilities and mental patterns consistent with optimum programming. It is the duty of our Princes and Intelligence Services to identify the individuals who can best contribute to our collective whole. The next step is to determine how enlightened and consistent these individuals are with our laws. Then, once they are ready, they can be sent for assembly and baptism."- Epiphanes

Lyle Nog manages to escape from his cell and was finds himself in an underground labyrinth. He was very weak from his ordeals with the Hegemony's Intelligence Service. He can barely process his surroundings, and finds himself searching for a door, any door, that will lead to the outside world. He reasons, The worst case scenario is that I perish here, and that is better than giving them all of our intelligence. He turns his head and sees a procession of robots leading five humanoids past one hallway, muttering things under their breathes about "baptism". After they have past, Lyle decides to avoid that hallway and continue deeper into the labyrinth. He sees a door half-way open and decides to slowly open it. There is a winding staircase that leads up, and Lyle throws caution to the wind and runs up. He finds himself standing under an abandoned subway station awning. He looks up and sees that the sun is down. This is the first time he as seen complete darkness since he has been a captive, and it gives him peace.

~~~~

In the Security Outpost, Outremer watched as Lyle Nog tried to make sense of Synchronicity City. He thought to himself, Maybe Capacidono was correct that freeing him would produce more intelligence than keeping him under our prongs.

Attached Images Data Process Island.png

Emily Sivana #960914 10/06/18 05:24 PM
Independent Scholar
Independent Scholar
This new stuff looks awesome, and I'm glad you see you pressing forward on this project with such dedication.

I will set aside some time tomorrow to give it a thorough reading and critique.

Emily Sivana #960966 10/07/18 05:29 PM
Independent Scholar
Independent Scholar
Incredible, just incredible. You should be very proud of yourself, Emily. The thoroughness of the detail, the sharp wit, the insights into the human (-oid) condition. My favorite thing so far, though, has to be the Venusian timeline. Wow. That's dedication. I look forward to seeing more great stuff added to your universe.

Here's a little throwaway idea I thought you might be interested in:

One big part of the classic Fawcett mythology was the Seven Deadly Sins. I wonder if, maybe, in the future, they've evolved into The Ambivalent Seven?

Emily Sivana #960972 10/07/18 06:39 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Thank you very much for taking the time to read through all the updates. I know some of the posts are long and detailed. I am bored with the robot theme at the moment, so I am finding it difficult to end the story at this time. I will say that at the end, Metro-Router Prime 4 is going to get a fate worse than death (if robots can die). Please feel free to guess what it is.

I love the Venusian timeline myself. I may switch back to that time or create a separate thread for the Venusians. I feel inspired to write about zombies/parasites due to it being Halloween. I also am very much interested in a Earth-5 vs. Earth-1 or 247 or whatever conflict, so collabs are more than welcome!

I think I will bring back the Seven Deadly Sins when I get to writing more about the Venusian-Terran Wars. A lot of the villains check most of the boxes. Was there ever a Seven Heavenly Virtues in the comics to balance them out?

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,012
Posts1,044,299
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
freekdkid
freekdkid
Charlotte
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star