Roll Call
0 members (), 20 Murran Spies, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Sarcasm Kid - 04/19/24 10:08 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by idle - 04/19/24 08:52 PM
Kill This Thread L - Half a Century
by Ann Hebistand - 04/19/24 05:14 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 04/19/24 11:59 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/19/24 01:49 AM
Kill This Thread XLIX - We're Getting Old
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/18/24 02:08 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/17/24 03:44 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 48 of 48 1 2 46 47 48
Re: Wellbeing
razsolo #1035295 04/06/24 03:48 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
yay! more!

ah Tel, but good to see he's working on his issues!

aw Strut! definitely an A+ for emotional intelligence there!

wait whoa, some awesome news here! I love how Nightwind and Slug picked up on these things re: two campuses!

love the way you have various folks reacting to the transmat pad news! and also linking to every world, nice!

you may LIVE on Earth as you wish! I love it!

shift roster! also a great step forward! yay work-life balance!

Wellbeing Squad! loveeeee the idea!

also living the banter. Element Lad, Light Lad, great choices!

and Life Lass, whooo!

also nice having Mwindaji decline because he prefers adventure tongue

and Tellus! excellent! nice quartet you have there!

wait! I'm still curious about the Academy student count, and that the number of enrollees may boom?

and I did count 8: Enigma Lass, Variable Lad, Amp, Key Kid, Dragonwing, Chemical Kid, Lullabye Lad, Sojurn... ok I was wondering if you were slipping someone in, but makes sense Slug might be off with hits count tongue

lol at Garth putting his foot into it, and Imra not being amused

love the Staycation Booth!

LOL at Elastic Lad's monologuing...

interesting that Engima Lass goes "and his wife", and not Saturn Girl. why, I wonder? (and also of course curious about why only these three)

just realized that Ion's real name is a homage to Mark Waid, cool!

whooop of course. Emerald Emperor, Garak of the Glow, brilliant connection that I didn't think of earlier!

razsolo #1035306 04/06/24 11:35 PM
R
razsolo Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
R
Quick off the mark, IB!

re: the transmats - I realised that as fun as it is for me having a mobile base that can zoom around anywhere in the UP, living on essentially a big ol' spaceship is a big adjustment that a lot of characters might not actually want to do long-term...I also wanted to keep the option of having them stuck in particular places sometimes for plot reasons, so fixed teleportation seems like a good way to have my cake and eat it too smile

I also wanted to get Mwindaji not being in the Wellbeing Squad out of the way upfront, because on paper he would be perfect for it but I don't really see it being something his character would be into and I don't really want him to just be a plot device that roams around healing everyone in the background all the time and removing any dramatic tension (there's a couple other characters with a similar situation who come to mind as well, but that might be something that will come out in the stories some time).

The student count really was just bad memory on Slug's part - you have counted the 8 students correctly! The 8 current students anyway... wink

interesting that Engima Lass goes "and his wife", and not Saturn Girl. why, I wonder?

This one I can answer straight away! Enigma Lass tries to avoid any words with an "r" sound because even though Variable Lad has talked her into losing her costume's voice modulator, she still hates the way she drags out her rrrrs as a Dominator. It's why her sentence structure is sometimes a little bit weird as well, she has to do some on the spot mental gymnastics to find the right appropriate best way to say things sometimes (also why she only ever calls Oaa by his real name instead of Varriable Lad).

I always try to go back and do a spell check whenever I write Enigma Lass's dialogue to make sure I haven't missed any R words, but now that I've said that I bet I have missed some - she and Slug are more of a pain in the ass than Comet Queen or Quislet have ever been when it comes to getting their dialogue right sometimes hahahaha

just realized that Ion's real name is a homage to Mark Waid, cool!

Yes! Good pickup! And you also just reminded me that Bioluminescent Lass's real name Jaene Birrun is a play on John Byrne because I originally made her as a stand-in for Aurora from Alpha Flight in the heroes from other worlds thread a million years ago, I had completely forgotten I did that! laugh

More on Garak and/or the Emerald Emperor soon, but next up - Key Kid's adventure with the Cavalry that I ran out of space to throw in this time around!

razsolo #1035314 04/07/24 03:01 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
ah duuuuh! thanks, I had just read Enigma Lass' bio, but the R sound did not come to mind! silly me! nice characterization, raz, and wow, a tough one indeed to implement.

I was thinking about whom BioL-Lass' name was referencing! I kepy reading it over and over, but John Byrne simply didn't put up! nice!

razsolo #1035363 04/09/24 04:04 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Hey Raz, I don't have as much time as I'd like to review your latest section but I'll try anyway.

Gravity Kid is showing some self awareness - which is a very nice bit of character growth. Even him admitting to himself that it was cowardly to have the conversation so one-sided when Bobb was unconscious is a step up from his usual behaviour. I really like that you are introducing and following up on his emotional growth Raz, he's such a snipey character (in all of our fanfics, poor guy laugh ) that these moments are a sweet counterpoint to the usual.

And while Tel seems lacking in natural empathy, Strut shows his - nice! Evolvo lad's teleportation pads is a great idea, and limiting them to one (or a few anyway) on each world is a great way to use it too - wish I'd thought of that rather than just going straight in with Henry and his anywhere warps tbh. Looking forward to what you are going to add to the academy, it's such a rich mine for story ideas! And, potentially living on their homeworld and just beaming up to HQ when their shift starts - how great is that! That's another idea I wish I'd come up with, and may well appropriate laugh And a Wellbeing team - haha we all seem to have picked up on how appropriate that function would be. I really like he team you've put together for it as well, and was wondering if M'Windaji would be on it as your take as him being a White Lantern of sorts would seem to be he natural fit, though I'm kinda happy that you didn't as it'll make their missions more interesting reading I think.

And speaking of mining the Academy's story potentials, Enigma Lass continues to be intriguing! A super smart immortal Dominator kinda freaks me out the more I think of it, but I'm interested where you'll be taking her storyline. And every appearance of Elastic Lad is golden! I wonder what Garth and Imra are up to?

And your alt Fatal Five are slowly taking shape - I re-read all of your older stories two years ago and the battle of te Fatal Fives was a great and quite scary stryline so I'm really looking forward to this plot!

This was fun Raz, and I'm here waiting for more, more, more!

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
razsolo #1035368 04/09/24 08:34 AM
R
razsolo Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
R
Hi Harbi, thanks for the R&R!

Gravity Kid will be having some actual character growth from this point on! I am looking forward to writing him not being such a sooky lala all the time to be honest lol

Strut is a hidden treasure! Admittedly it's a bit easier to be empathic when you have senses that can pick up on someone's mood by their biochemical changes, but also he's actually got a bit of depth that will show its head every now and then as much as he might like to pretend otherwise smile

I get what you mean about the teleportation.....on one hand it makes sense that a thousand years in the future with a Brainiac 5 it's weird that the Legion DON'T have teleportation....on the other hand, it makes a huge difference to what you can do narratively. I thought fixed teleport locations were a nice compromise.

I also kinda stole the idea of a Wellbeing Squad from y'all, I think it is a really good natural extension of a superhero team in a generally utopian future smile

Garth and Imra's plotting will come to fruition very soon and as far as an alt Fatal Five goes...we may find that it's a bit more than five in the end... wink

Page 48 of 48 1 2 46 47 48

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,018
Posts1,044,859
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star