Legion World
On their time-viewers!

Not to mention those creepy space-telescopes that people on other planets have!

Or however it is that people in shrunken cities spy on the macro-world!
I can see how reality TV will be obsolete in the future!

Just choose to watch people on any planet, from any time...that gives you a lot more choices than television.

I'm surprised more Legion secrets weren't uncovered this way. If you're the most popular teen group in the universe, wouldn't billions of sentients be tuning in on you with their viewers?
Dear People from the Future,

If you have perfected Time Travel, I thought I should let you know that I am available for speaking engagements on my era's history and culture for a negotiable fee (exotic currency, stock tips, the outcome of certain sporting events, etc. We'll talk.)

If your men have become sterilized due to radiation from past World Wars and repopulation is an issue, we can delay my return appropriately. (Send pictures of your females. We'll talk.)

If your copy of "To Serve Man" is actually a cookbook.....I can suggest other more worthy candidates than myself for the honor. (For a negotiable fee. We'll talk.)

Sincerely,
OM
Kind of makes you think what mischief the Legionnaires got up to with the Anywhere Machine, huh?

I think I'll follow Triad's lead and start showering with my clothes on too.
Oh, I already knew they were watching. That's why I'm so dramatic... got to give the people their money's worth!
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
I think I'll follow Triad's lead and start showering with my clothes on too.
Huh?
Don't you remember that scene in Legionnaires where all the girls were naked in the shower, except Triad who was wearing her Legion-costume?
DOn't... think I've read that one. And I think I'd remember it wink

What iss?
Actually, I was just kidding. wink

I think IB's referencing something Triad said in the issue where the AM first appears.
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Oh, I already knew they were watching. That's why I'm so dramatic... got to give the people their money's worth!
How much are you being paid?
A lot, but unfortunately the future space-currency isn't valid until the future.

It sure looks cute walking around here going "meep meep meep", though!
which people? name names.

LightningLord1
Originally posted by Outdoor Miner:

If your copy of "To Serve Man" is actually a cookbook.....I can suggest other more worthy candidates than myself for the honor. (For a negotiable fee. We'll talk.)

Help! I'm slipping into the Twilight Zone ...

lol
Wouldn't this be a form of space-stalking or space-time stalking?

Glad I installed those lead-lined curtains.
Sure, why not? I've always assumed aliens were watching. Also, elves. And ghosts.

Man, if my Mom is right, and my great-grandmother is watching me from Heaven, she must be so disappointed with me!

I don't smoke, I don't drink, I don't cheat at cards, I don't smuggle, and I'm not a nudist! Maybe I am adopted!

Flannel Lass, boring aliens everywhere
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
Glad I installed those lead-lined curtains.
Actually, I think we may have uncovered the real motivation for the Iron Curtain of Time...
I mean... here this poor guy is trying to take a shower (hence the robe) and these people from the 31st century keep trying to peek at him.
He has to take so many showers, too! All that dust and decay everywhere.

He once got Glorith hooked on the Body Scrub of 1,000 Chemicals, but look where that got him...
This important subject deserves further discussion!
On body scrubs - or 1000 chemicals?
Originally posted by Sanity or Madness?:
DOn't... think I've read that one. And I think I'd remember it wink

What iss?
I believe it was reboot Legion of Super-Heroes #114 (1999). Brainy introduces the Anywhere Machine, which M'Onel hates. Vi discovers the United Molecules. Vi and Ayla try to "fix" Zoe's mind, which had been turned into space-tapioca by the Time Anomoly. I just assumed that Triad Purple would continue showering naked... laugh
This erosion of privacy rights has gone too far. If the people from the future watching us are criminals who are going to be sent into the past (i.e. our present), we better watch out.
The REAL reason Brainy invented the Time Bubble was so he could come back in time and vote off Sanjaya.
the sad thing amoung the 25 of them watching superboy walk about was the most intresting thing they could come up with.
I have a feeling that the future may be using my life as a subplot to a tv series of the United States. I also have a feeling that since my life is so boring (well i do travel alot) and has nothing to do with the US government...that my subplot is highly fictionalized. I hope they got somebody good looking to play me. They are watching me and mocking me. I hate the future!
mooning the future as we speak.
Jeepers! It just occurred to me that people on alternate Earths may be reading about my adventures in comic books!
Here's an idea I read about in a Time Travel site a couple of years ago:

First, write your own version of the following letter.

Dear Time Travellers,
Assuming that civilisation has evolved by the time you read this and time travel is an everyday occurrence, I hereby declare that I really want to meet you because <add a few good reasons>.
I'm a fan of a futuristic comic book (a small book composed of sequential images and text) called the Legion of Super-Heroes that's set in the 30th-31st Century.
It's possible you don't even know it ever existed. It's also possible that it's studied in your time as a "classic" of historical literature or even that you've created a real Legion of Super-Heroes as guardians for your world(s) inspired by this comic book.
As a mega-fan of this magazine, time-travel, extraterrestrials, galactic empires etc are no novelty for me, so I'm not going to go into shock if you decide to come to my era.
I'd like to meet you on <add date> at <address etc>. I'm enclosing a photo of myself for your convenience.

Thank you
<name>

Now, go to the bank and rent a safety box for 500 hundred years. Put the letter in it. State explicitly that that box is not to be opened before January 1, 2507 and on condition that time travel WILL be a reality by then.

To further ensure your letter will be read by time travellers do the following too: Open a small account and put some money in it that is to be spent for paying for the safety box after 500 years elapse (5 centuries' worth of interest ought to be enough for extending the time your safety box will remain yours) in case time travel is not yet possible in the early 26th century.
Keep a copy of the letter to prove to the time travellers that you are you.

Then go home and prepare for the meeting with the time travellers from the 26th century. Make *aboslutely* sure you'll be in the right place and time for the meeting! laugh

Silly? Of course it is. I wonder, though, if anyone has tried it. wink
Wasn't there a convention for time travellers or something like that at MIT or someone a couple of years back? I seem to recall a thread about that somewhere.
I wouldn't know but there still are a few sites with serious discussions about time travelling and the possibility of contact with time travellers.
Special Christmastime Warning:

Fat, Bearded Guys Who Hang Around With Reindeer and Elves May Be Watching You Right Now!
Uncle Space Bubba?
I already bought my menorah candles, Fatman. So get off my back. [raspberry]

As for traveling to the future, fuggedaboutit. I already know that I'd end up in Hectic Planet future, not Legion future. That's always the way my luck has worked. Granted, the former would have a fun array of music and beverages, but the rest... ehhh...
Lett'em watch..i got'cha peep show right 'ere!

*make obscene gesture towards the sky.
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:

Fat, Bearded Guys Who Hang Around With Reindeer and Elves May Be Watching You Right Now!
Bears repeating!
Bears!!! Where? Are the Bears watching us too?
Haven't you heard? They watch you when you're sleeping.

Especially if you're sleeping in their bed after sitting in their chair and eating their porridge.
But..but.. it was just right.
"WARNING: People from the Future May Be Watching You Right Now! "

*grabs latest Simon R. Green novel, glasses, cigar and heads to bathroom.

"'scuse me, gotta go mail a letter."
Let's send the watchers over to Jerry's house. I hear it's pretty neat and clean over there. Besides, I've got nothing in the fridge because I haven't been shopping yet today.
The shopping is done and I have have the perfect dinner napkins for guests from the future. They should come on Tuesday.
I'm not so bothered about civilized future types watching us but get the creeps at villains from the Phantom Zone spying on the solid world.

If I had been sent to the Zone, my comment to the judge/jurors/lawyers would have been something like:

I'll enjoy watching your wife undress and you having sex together. And I'll enjoy blackmailing you when I come out knowing all your secrets.

Creepy huh?
And thats when, as a judge, I'da just killed ya'.

wink
I'm taking the slow boat to the future, and when I get there, I'm gonna kick their time-voyeur butts!

"Yeah, you, future man. Keep looking at me, and yer gonna see me kick your ass!"
Originally posted by Set:

"Yeah, you, future man. Keep looking at me, and yer gonna see me kick your ass!"
Excuse me? I <strike>resemble</strike> resent that comment!
wink
Originally posted by future king:
Originally posted by Set:
[b]

Excuse me? I <strike>resemble</strike> resent that comment!
wink [/b]
Naw, I said future man, who would be from the Adult LMBP. You're future king, from the LMBVillains, right?
LOL
Yes, that's right. Watch your back!
lol
Don't forget:

Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:

Annual bump

I hope that the people from the future bring me lots of good presents this year!
Hm. This thread was started in 2004. We're reading it in 2012. You know what this means?

WE are the people from the future who are watching us!
Originally posted by He Who Wanders:
WE are the people from the future who are watching us!
PLOT TWIST!!
© Legion World