Legion World
Posted By: knowjack knowjack's gallery - 09/15/04 08:55 PM
Sorry if I'm being a ditz about this...but how do I go about posting Legion fan art here?

I'm sure I should know how to do this, but I'm drawing a blank.

Thanks for any help!
Posted By: Nightcrawler Re: knowjack's gallery - 09/15/04 09:13 PM
The answer you seek is in a topic located at the top of this very forum -

Tools for image mods, screen captures, displaying graphics
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 02/07/05 08:57 PM
My take on the "new" Dream Girl...

kinda a quickie--but it was fun playing with Photoshop's filters. I had to give her the white hair and birthmark, though!

Comments and criticism appreciated!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: DrakeB3004 Re: knowjack's gallery - 02/08/05 03:02 AM
Great pic -- those filters sure are fun! I kinda wish the pants were more blue though (unless her pants were overcast...)
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 02/08/05 04:17 AM
Yeah, I wish I could have gotten the pants to come out more blue--maybe on my next attempt!
(But they DO look more 'overcast' on ImageShack than they do on MY computer!)
Posted By: OpalWitch Re: knowjack's gallery - 02/08/05 09:55 PM
I can't get the big pic to show up, but I like the thumb, especially the cuffling and hair.
Posted By: ferroboy Re: knowjack's gallery - 02/08/05 10:28 PM
Viv, try clicking on the pic. It should take you right to a larger version.

It is very nice, jack. As I look at the pic, I realize how much I miss the platinum.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: knowjack's gallery - 02/09/05 01:32 AM
I dislike the blue pants as depicted in LSH # 2, much more in favor of purple or even better the grey Jackie depicts! Nice!
Posted By: Fat Cramer Re: knowjack's gallery - 02/09/05 09:17 AM
Somehow the platinum hair does seem better. Lovely sketch.

Her pants should be able to change with her moods. Blue sky when she's calm, thunderclouds when she's angry, etc. - surely they'll have the technology to put emotion sensors into material. Of course, she might not want to give away her feelings.
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 02/09/05 01:56 PM
Thanks for the feedback, guys.
It did seem like her pants changed in issue #2--I thought that was VERY cool. I didn't have the comic with me when I was doing this pic, so I was working from memory...On one of the threads here, someone said that maybe Dreamy would have a bad vision that would "shock" her hair into platinum! That's a great idea!
Posted By: Sketch Lad Re: knowjack's gallery - 02/09/05 10:32 PM
There can't be too many images of Dreamy out there! I sort miss my dreamgirlnura yahoogroup, but when they quit storing image files at the group, it took away a large part of the fun, for me at least...

knowjack, the drawing is very nice. Her face kinda reminds me of the old romance comics.
Posted By: ferroboy Re: knowjack's gallery - 02/10/05 02:10 AM
Originally posted by knowjack:
Thanks for the feedback, guys.
It did seem like her pants changed in issue #2--I thought that was VERY cool. I didn't have the comic with me when I was doing this pic, so I was working from memory...On one of the threads here, someone said that maybe Dreamy would have a bad vision that would "shock" her hair into platinum! That's a great idea!
Shades of Jacques Foccart when he encountered Darkseid? BTW, do we know how Danielle got the similar stripe, or was she just copying her brother?
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 02/10/05 12:54 PM
I miss your old dreamgirlnura Yahoo group too, Sketch! I used to post stuff on it, until Yahoo had to go and ruin all the fun.
Posted By: Rurouni KJS Re: knowjack's gallery - 02/16/05 11:03 PM
Insane. I just did my first ever Dreamy sketch, and I drew almost the exact same pose. I'm almost indignant.
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 02/17/05 02:47 PM
Let's see it, Rurouni!
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 02/21/05 06:29 PM
Did a pic of the "new" Phantom Girl:

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Beagz Re: knowjack's gallery - 02/23/05 02:30 AM
Wow .........
LOVE the Phantom Girl. AND THE BELL-BOTTOMS!!!!! YAY!!! laugh

Okay, I'm happy.
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 03/03/05 06:07 PM
my take on Sun Boy.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 03/03/05 11:00 PM
A friend just told me Sun Boy looks like he should be holding a microphone and singing on American Idol.

DOH!
Posted By: Fat Cramer Re: knowjack's gallery - 03/04/05 09:18 AM
Earth Idol, surely?

It looks to me like he's ready to grab someone and slug them with that little burst of sun-power - and enjoy it.
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 06/08/05 03:02 AM
Last night I was cleaning some more of my old stuff out of my Dad's attic, and I found a portfolio with a bunch of Legion drawings I did back in junior high and high school. Made me feel pretty old to realize some of these things are over TWENTY years old!

I think this one is from junior high:

[Linked Image]
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 06/08/05 03:05 AM
This one must be my high school era.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 06/08/05 03:17 AM
Last one, for tonight anyway. That is, if anyone wants to see more! I think this is another junior high one. Wow, I haven't drawn some of these characters in over twenty years. I forgot how cool Gas Girl and Infectious Lass and the rest of these ladies were!
I think I know my weekend artistic project!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Monkey Eater Lad Re: knowjack's gallery - 06/08/05 08:11 AM
those are so cool! how long did they take you?
Posted By: MLLASH Re: knowjack's gallery - 06/08/05 11:27 AM
FORGOT how cool Infectious Lass is? *tsk!* Perhaps as punishment you should do a new drawing of her. laugh
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 06/08/05 11:41 AM
M-E Lad: Lordy, I can't remember how long those took, since I've killed off many a brain cell in the 20+ years since I drew them! I seem to remember quite a few Sundays drawing Legion and listening to Casey Kasem's Top 40, though. :-)

And Lash: Please forgive me for forgetting the coolness factor of Infectious Lass! Don't want to anger my fellow Memphian! I will take my punishment like a good boy and see if I can do a new drawing of her.
Posted By: OpalWitch Re: knowjack's gallery - 06/09/05 12:26 AM
Awesomeness!
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 06/09/05 07:38 PM
Your wish is my command, LASH! Here's a NEW Infectious Lass!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: MLLASH Re: knowjack's gallery - 06/09/05 09:27 PM
Leapin' Jeepers!! That's hot!
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 06/10/05 12:06 AM
Glad you liked it!
Posted By: Vee Re: knowjack's gallery - 06/10/05 09:07 AM
Awesome!
Posted By: Outdoor Miner Re: knowjack's gallery - 06/11/05 03:36 PM
Nicely done, knowjack!
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 06/13/05 03:02 AM
thanks guys--somehow along the way, she came out a lot taller and thinner than i had originally drawn her--but i'm still pretty happy with the results.
Posted By: Nightcrawler Re: knowjack's gallery - 06/13/05 04:18 AM
Cool stuff! Great job!
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: knowjack's gallery - 06/16/05 01:35 PM
Knowjack, this is great stuff! Your love for the obscure characters during that era makes me smile laugh
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 06/16/05 06:47 PM
Thanks, CKid. That first one, with all the Legion supporting characters strikes me as pretty ambitious for a junior high kid! :-)
I think I'm going to try to do a new version of it since my artistic skills are a little better these days!

(I'm still no Barry Kitson, though!)
Posted By: MLLASH Re: knowjack's gallery - 06/18/05 07:31 AM
*eagerly awaiting new Knowjack art*
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 06/22/05 07:55 PM
Whew! Here it is!
[Linked Image]

I decided to try a new techinque, using very big, black lines. I tried to stay as true to my original 20 something year old picture as I could. I don't even remember the names of some of these characters, much less whether or not I got the costumes right!

Hope ya'll like it!
Posted By: MLLASH Re: knowjack's gallery - 06/22/05 11:23 PM
Your Quantum Queen is HOT!
Posted By: OpalWitch Re: knowjack's gallery - 06/23/05 12:54 AM
Nice!

I agree on Quantum, but I am also lovin' Gas Girl and Infectious Lass.
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 06/23/05 11:08 AM
Thanks!

I liked the way those turned out, and Night Girl, Double Header and Color Kid. I hate that whole back row, something about them just doesn't look right!

I also noticed the colors on Imageshack look a lot better on my work computer than at home. Wonder why?
Posted By: OpalWitch Re: knowjack's gallery - 06/23/05 07:15 PM
Thanks!

I liked the way those turned out, and Night Girl, Double Header and Color Kid. I hate that whole back row, something about them just doesn't look right!

I also noticed the colors on Imageshack look a lot better on my work computer than at home. Wonder why?
Really, I like the back row, esp. Lamprey, Comet Queen, Crystal Kid and Laurel Kent.
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 12/22/05 06:54 PM
Hey guys..haven't posted much lately. Here's a pic I did of the 'new' Sun Boy..with a little tweaking.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Kent Shakespeare Re: knowjack's gallery - 12/27/05 10:52 PM
Great stuff! thanks for sharing! Even your 20-year-old stuff'sworth showing off!
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 12/31/05 07:44 AM
Thaanks!
Posted By: Caliente Re: knowjack's gallery - 12/31/05 06:02 PM
Aww, I like him!! Go Sun Boy!! laugh
Posted By: Suncat Re: knowjack's gallery - 01/01/06 12:26 AM
Cool! Your thread didn't show up on my "radar" until your most recent posting. Love the 20-year old stuff, and really happy to see to making more new works now. More! More!
Posted By: Arachne Re: knowjack's gallery - 01/02/06 03:28 PM
Nice. Good to see Dirk's hair it's proper colour. smile
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 05/05/06 08:53 PM
Not so hot...but here goes! I used Thad Luckinbill from Young and the Restless.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: rtvu2 Re: knowjack's gallery - 05/05/06 10:02 PM
great job Jackie!
Posted By: Power Boy Re: knowjack's gallery - 05/05/06 10:06 PM
i like. more!!!
Posted By: OpalWitch Re: knowjack's gallery - 05/06/06 12:50 AM
sweet.
Posted By: Monkey Eater Lad Re: knowjack's gallery - 05/06/06 09:48 AM
neato! you should post it in the sun boy gallery!:
http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=000638

'thad' is such a 80s soap opera name! it's like brock or buffy or missy.
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 05/08/06 05:46 PM
Been at it again.
This time used the guy who plays Casey on As The World Turns. Feels kinda fitting to use soap stars for the Legion manips!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Mystery Lad Re: knowjack's gallery - 05/08/06 09:44 PM
Nice jobs, knowjack. I thought the guy you cast as Lightning Lad would make a good Sun Boy, too.

Another guy on his show, the one who plays Will, would make a good Adventure-era Invisible Kid (but *not* reboot or 'current').
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 05/09/06 02:37 PM
Thanks! The pic of Lightning Lad looks a lot better on my work computer than it did at home. Loses detail when the screen contrast is too dark.

I'm trying to find a good pic to use for one of the female Legionnaires.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: knowjack's gallery - 05/17/06 09:24 PM
Very hot!
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 07/07/06 06:36 PM
Just playing around...I don't know if this a new uniform for Imra or just a "night out" outfit, I just wanted to try something new. I'm kinda tired of her in pink. Also, I always see her in a more severe hairdo instead of her messy pony tail she sports these days...There's still a lot about this pic I should "clean up", but you get the idea.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Sketch Lad Re: knowjack's gallery - 07/08/06 12:04 AM
I think it looks like more formal attire, like what she'd wear to a diplomatic event. I like the red and white, too. I like the neat hair. Imra has always had *something* going on with her hair, either too intensely styled or too intensely not styled. I've posted about that for years.

Glad to see new artwork from you, knowjack!
Posted By: Kid Marvel Re: knowjack's gallery - 07/08/06 05:31 AM
I like it smile
Posted By: Star Boy Re: knowjack's gallery - 07/14/06 09:09 AM
Nice one!
I came across this picture I did ages ago while looking for the Alchemist picture I submitted for this month's Museum of Legion Arts... I thought it amusing that I too went for a different look for Imra, but tried going in the opposite direction. smile

[Linked Image]
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 07/18/06 11:21 PM
Wow--very cool!
Posted By: Sketch Lad Re: knowjack's gallery - 07/21/06 01:12 AM
I like the idea of this thread. Saturn Girl in less hussy-ish outfits. I'm sure I've done sketches like this at some time or another. I do have a couple ideas in mind....

Wayne, your design is very similar to the one printed way back in the Action era comic where fans sent in their designs. Yours of course, has updated details.
Posted By: Dain Re: knowjack's gallery - 07/21/06 05:16 PM
I like both costumes a lot. The first one, knowjack's, would fit well, I think, in an "Adult Legion" story!
Star Boy's design would also look great for an Elseworlds story, maybe a retro-futuristic one like "Legion 21st Century" or something. smile
Nice work, guys!
Posted By: Sketch Lad Re: knowjack's gallery - 07/21/06 10:19 PM
Here's my contribution to this idea. I have her hair in a very tight bun and red lips that match the suit exactly. It occured to me that she looks like a flight attendant, but that's okay.

I imagine her in a skirt that ends just above the knee and she wears matching pumps with a heel a bit too high for comfort. OR she could be in pants with a slim leg with the same shoes.

[img] [img]http://img310.imageshack.us/img310/5844/saturngirlsuitof9.jpg[/img] [/IMG]
Posted By: Malvolio Re: knowjack's gallery - 07/23/06 07:36 PM
I don't know. Her face looks a little too old in all three images. I do like the idea of formal outifts for formal occasions, though.
Posted By: Sketch Lad Re: knowjack's gallery - 07/26/06 09:40 AM
It *is* interesting how each of us have depicted her with very arched eyebrows and pursed lips. It does create the effect of her looking older.
Posted By: Star Boy Re: knowjack's gallery - 07/26/06 11:34 AM
Thanks all! Obviously my Imra comes from a future where women have no hips. wink
Posted By: Vee Re: knowjack's gallery - 08/01/06 04:12 AM
Nice work you guys!
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 10/24/06 07:17 PM
Here's a quickie I did using only my WACOM tablet...practicing, I guess. Decided to base it on the brief glimpse of Sun Boy we saw on the Legion cartoon...with the hair and the costume, it was hard to not make him look like a woman. I think I only half succeeded! He still looks a little 'femme' :-)

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Quislet, Esq Re: knowjack's gallery - 10/25/06 06:44 PM
Knowjack,

It looks good. Although I am not partial to long hair for guys. I think it is the long hair that makes your drawing look more femme.
Posted By: Sketch Lad Re: knowjack's gallery - 10/26/06 09:06 AM
Hey knowjack,
I've always liked your artwork. Glad to see it.

The Wacom takes a lot of practice, I still rarely use mine...

I think the hand placement looks feminine in your picture. His face and body and hair are all fine. Most male superheroes either grip their waist, fingers spread, or cram their fists into their hips, in that pose.
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 11/02/06 12:22 AM
So I totally stole this idea from Dean's wonderful manip of Tyra Banks as Shady. Didn't put nearly the work in that he did, but I liked the look of Grace Park from Battlestar Galactica as Shady.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: mhr_kara Re: knowjack's gallery - 11/02/06 12:26 AM
nice work! smile

have you ever done a manip of Shikari or Saturn Girl? smile
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 02/27/07 11:04 PM
Here's a Mera I've been working on.I'm not quite done, but it's coming along.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: knowjack's gallery - 02/27/07 11:12 PM
Beautiful.

She's one of my favorite romantic interests for any hero, and you made her look very regal and very stunning. Love the 'big' hair!
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 02/27/07 11:52 PM
I've always thought she should be used more.

I've read that the 'holy grail' of female action figures is a Mera doll that was sold in the 1960's. Apparently there's not many of them around.
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 02/28/07 12:19 AM
Okay, this may be the geekiest thing I've ever done! So, there's this great time waster called stardoll.com...where you can make paper dolls from celebrities. So...I thought it'd be fun to do the Legion Ladies!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Sketch Lad Re: knowjack's gallery - 02/28/07 09:20 AM
Guess who my favorite is!
(It's Dream Girl, of course.)
Posted By: Sketch Lad Re: knowjack's gallery - 02/28/07 09:22 AM
Nice!
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 02/28/07 06:13 PM
Tasmia's late for the party, but she still showed up!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Sketch Lad Re: knowjack's gallery - 03/01/07 03:09 AM
I guess I'm a sucker for a girl in a LBD, because my favorites are Nura, Lu and Shady.
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 05/25/07 07:16 PM
Just Andromeda...hanging out in space.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: knowjack's gallery - 05/29/07 05:44 PM
Gorgeous! Its very cool to see Laurel acting nice and relaxed. Refreshing!
Posted By: Pov Re: knowjack's gallery - 05/29/07 11:29 PM
*whew* For a minute there, I thought reboot Brainy was gettin' some ACTION! eek lol

Nice, KJ. nod
Posted By: Caliente Re: knowjack's gallery - 05/30/07 12:20 AM
You and me both, Pov. You and me both...

She looks great, Knowjack! I agree-- Laurel looking relaxed is a welcome change of pace. smile
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 05/30/07 06:26 PM
Thanks! Andromeda is one of the few post-Levitz characters that I really liked.
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 07/02/07 09:07 PM
Futzing around using the 'hero generator' at UGO.

It's fun: http://www.ugo.com/channels/comics/heromachine/classic.asp

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Monkey Eater Lad Re: knowjack's gallery - 07/04/07 12:40 AM
Cool White Witch! She looks so Grecian Goddessesque.
Posted By: Kid Charlemagne Re: knowjack's gallery - 07/09/07 02:38 PM
In Legion version 2.0, I thought it was a nice touch that she saw through her White Triangle upbringing, and ended up joining the Sisters of the Eternal Cosmos.

My version references:

Legion 1.0--original continuity
Legion 1.1--Levitz/Byrne revamp [Superboy came from Pocket Universe]
Legion 1.2--Glorithverse
Legion 2.0--from Zero Month to Threeboot
Legion 3.0--Threeboot [current] version--though that may change, judging from the "Lightning Saga".
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 07/23/07 07:54 PM
Been playing around with the Ugo site--with some of the guys I went with their traditional looks. You can't really improve on Star Boy's costume! Gave Element Lad, Sun Boy and Tyroc totally new looks...some of the others, too.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Quislet, Esq Re: knowjack's gallery - 07/24/07 04:49 PM
Not bad, Knowjack. The ones I like best are Blok's & Lightning Lad's. For Sun Boy, were you going for that quilted flame resistant jacket look?
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 07/24/07 07:28 PM
Well, you are kinda limited with choices on that site--and I wanted to vary them up, and I thought that looked kinda cool for Sun Boy.
Posted By: Fat Cramer Re: knowjack's gallery - 07/25/07 10:38 AM
Major improvement on Tyroc there. I could stand having him back on the team in that costume.

I like the quilted jacket; it's unusual for a superhero. Also partial to long coats, so Element Lad's costume is a winner.
Posted By: Sketch Lad Re: knowjack's gallery - 07/31/07 06:43 AM
I really like all of these, so it's easiest to say which I don't care for... Mon-El.
Posted By: Sketch Lad Re: knowjack's gallery - 07/31/07 07:09 AM
I've always liked your style! I think it's time for sequentials!
Posted By: Sketch Lad Re: knowjack's gallery - 07/31/07 07:12 AM
Sorry, I don't care for most of these. My favorites are Jecky and Vi, though.
Posted By: KryptonKid Re: knowjack's gallery - 07/31/07 07:15 AM
I think that Light Lass design is the best I've ever seen her in.

LightLass
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 07/31/07 11:23 PM
Yeah, when I looked at all of them after posting, Mon-El was my least favorite, too. And Cham and Lightning Lad are too similar.
Posted By: Mystery Lad Re: knowjack's gallery - 08/01/07 12:29 AM
Element Lad looks kind of like Sand or Nemesis in the 21st century DCU. Interesting...

Tyroc with a Mohawk-- the new Mr. T! Fun!
Posted By: Ram Boy Re: knowjack's gallery - 08/01/07 06:17 AM
These are really good designs. Lightning Lad's looks like an instant classic.
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 10/18/07 08:49 PM
Found some more old pics from my junior high days!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Caliente Re: knowjack's gallery - 10/18/07 08:58 PM
Hehe, cute! Digging Dreamy, Vi and Dawny's designs. And Timber Wolf in a harness! You were a dirty young'un! wink Fun!
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 10/18/07 09:11 PM
I know..what was I thinking? Wait, I *know* what I was thinking! :-) Here's another I found--hard to believe these are almost 25 years old!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 10/19/07 07:13 PM
I did improve somewhat by high school..I think that's probably from when these are...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Dream Girl Re: knowjack's gallery - 10/19/07 07:16 PM
wow....that is so friggin amazing...!
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 12/12/07 02:58 AM
So, the Ugo Hero Machine site has some new features, and I got inspired by the Gary Frank Legion in Action and created some looks for the Legionnaires we haven't seen yet. I'm not real fond of some of these looks (tried not to make them too 90's X-Men) but it was fun.

[Linked Image]

Polar Boy-Decided to go with the jacket, and helmet look he usually had.
White Witch-Sorta like her Giffen look but a little tougher.
Sun Boy-gave him the only "Gary Frank Sleeveless" look.
Shady-Not much of a change from her pre-Kitson look.
Mon-El-Tried to keep him with the same color scheme--thought the metallic look was a nice touch--maybe lead shielding armor?
Element Lad-I really like this look--sorta a take off of his 70's costume. Just couldn't put him in the fuschia.
Projectra--Figured the old Levitz/Giffen Jeckie was starting to become kinda bad ass, and also always preferred her original "royal" blue/purple color scheme.
Timber Wolf-not much to say
Light Lass-I have always preferred Ayla with her gravity powers instead of the lightning.
Posted By: Caliente Re: knowjack's gallery - 12/12/07 04:54 AM
Ooh, these are fun, knowjack! laugh I really like the White Witch and Shady. (Wish we could see more of her.) Those're some sexy ladies!

I also dig really Sun Boy. Hmm... I wonder why he wasn't with the "race traitors" Dawnstar, Gim and Drake-- isn't he from Earth, too?

Very nice overall!
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 12/12/07 05:09 AM
Thanks Cali--yeah I can't wait to see Sun Boy in Action--and the rest of the team!
Posted By: Dain Re: knowjack's gallery - 12/12/07 05:59 AM
Very nice and imaginative designs, knowjack. smile I never get tired of looking at new costumes for the Legionnaires!
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 11/11/08 11:02 PM
So I was in this boring as heck meeting and was doodling..not the best anatomy-wise, but I liked them, so I colored 'em...

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Posted By: Quislet, Esq Re: knowjack's gallery - 11/11/08 11:55 PM
So why are you wasting time in a boring meeting and not drawing for a living?

Good stuff knowjack
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 11/12/08 01:40 AM
Thanks, Quis..actually, I do get to draw some for my job..Not LEGION of course, though..dangit!
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 11/12/08 04:53 PM
A couple more...

Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 11/12/08 06:03 PM
Posted By: MLLASH Re: knowjack's gallery - 11/13/08 12:47 AM
You're a bit Dan Jurgens-ey... very nice!

(long time no see dude!)
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 11/13/08 03:15 PM
Thanks Lashie! What's new? Haven't seen you around Memphis lately...
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 11/13/08 08:57 PM
As you can see, I was REALLY bored at this meeting.. I can stop...LOL

Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 04/02/09 01:31 PM
Just experimenting with my Wacom tablet and Photoshop...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Sarcasm Kid Re: knowjack's gallery - 04/02/09 10:41 PM
Wow. I like Nura and Tas the best. Good job.
Posted By: cleome57 Re: knowjack's gallery - 04/04/09 06:45 PM
Very nice work. cool

Hey, for those of us that covet this kinda' tech, feel free to embark upon a long, geeky explanation as to how you put 'em together.
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 04/03/09 06:42 PM
[Linked Image]
Posted By: MLLASH Re: knowjack's gallery - 04/04/09 04:03 AM
Tres handsome!
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 04/04/09 04:04 AM
Oooops!
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 04/04/09 04:07 AM
thanks Lash even tho i see a million things wrong
Posted By: MLLASH Re: knowjack's gallery - 04/04/09 04:14 AM
heh... you should see MY "art"... I'm your fan, Jackie! Do you ever do sequentials?
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 04/04/09 06:08 AM
Sometimes..this one started out with Cosmic Boy in his 'bustier' but i decided against it!
Posted By: cleome57 Re: knowjack's gallery - 04/04/09 05:25 PM
Aww...

I still miss the pre-mullet Brainy.
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 04/09/09 09:37 PM
Basically, I am trying to get more practice using my Wacom tablet (i.e. 'mouse pen') for drawing, instead of pen or pencil. It's not easy! Then I just used lots of filters and stuff in PhotoShop. Sorry, not very long or geeky!
Posted By: Kent Shakespeare Re: knowjack's gallery - 04/11/09 12:57 AM
good stuff! I have a Wacom from 2 laptops ago... gotta reload it into the new 'top and get going again myself. to me, it'll never replace the intimacy of pencil onto paper, but I want to play around more on it and see what I can do.
Posted By: Kent Shakespeare Re: knowjack's gallery - 04/11/09 12:59 AM
i like Nura in particular, but they are all great. You truly capture persona with deceptively simple lines (I know how hard it can be).

the large-size version almost has a stained-glass quality to it.

anyway... More, More, More!
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 04/11/09 09:50 PM
Thanks, Kent.

Decided I didn't want to leave out Tinya, Jeckie and Dawny...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 04/14/09 02:44 PM
Man, I really made Phantom Girl look too much like Nancy Kerrigan.
Posted By: Caliente Re: knowjack's gallery - 04/14/09 03:39 PM
Nah, PG's great! I really dig these, man. I love Imra's hair and Ayla's expression and the glow on Dawny's star. laugh They're simple and clean, practically overflowing with character. Great, great work.
Posted By: Kent Shakespeare Re: knowjack's gallery - 04/14/09 07:50 PM
Man, I really made Phantom Girl look too much like Nancy Kerrigan.
heh. Very nice, again!
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 07/08/09 07:21 PM
Found another 'hero creator' site...not a lot of options, but it was fun. The only post "Levitz" heroine I used were Andromeda and Kinetix.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 07/09/09 04:48 PM
and the dudes...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Candlelight Re: knowjack's gallery - 07/09/09 10:07 PM
I really like Star Boy's outfit!
It reminds me of Alpha Flight's Canadian flag based costumes!

They're all fun, thanks for sharing, knowjack!
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 07/09/09 10:41 PM
Thanks Candle--seeing them together makes me realize I could have been a BIT more creative in using different designs, but it was still fun! I especially like the costumes for Invisible Kid, Star Boy, Ranzz twins, and Phantom Girl.
Posted By: Arachne Re: knowjack's gallery - 07/10/09 02:37 AM
Cool stuff. smile
Posted By: Triplicate Kid Re: knowjack's gallery - 07/10/09 03:35 PM
Like Star Boy - didn't even think of Alpha Flight. My first reaction was, "A white Star Boy in that costume?"

Interesting choice to drop all blue from Garth's costume. Familiar colors for Ayla, but I'm not sure what I think of the thigh-high boots for her, and platinum blonde is so wrong.

In the end, I'd say the most "right" of all is Tinya. It's the hair.
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 07/14/09 02:05 AM
Triplicate, I agree with Ayla's hair but the only short 'do's were blond (which this actually is) and platinum..Ayla must always have short hair, I think!
Posted By: Triplicate Kid Re: knowjack's gallery - 07/15/09 12:27 AM
Really limited program that doesn't offer each hairstyle in every color. Reminds me of building in Lego, where, for example, you can give a girl pigtails, but only in black, red or white because those are the only colors that piece has ever been molded in.
Posted By: Arachne Re: knowjack's gallery - 07/15/09 12:43 AM
Ayla must always have short hair, I think!
Never thought about that, but it's true.
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 07/15/09 08:46 PM
Found another time-wasting site LOL...this one makes them more 'manga' looking for my taste, but still fun.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Triplicate Kid Re: knowjack's gallery - 07/15/09 11:57 PM
A lot of bare arms - Gary Frank influence?

The guys consistently look better than the girls in this set. The one that's most off is Duo Damsel.

I see you definitely have an idea how Star Boy should look, and I'm getting to like it. This time, he gives off a neo-pulp astronaut vibe.
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 07/16/09 04:07 AM
Actually, I was shooting for Triplicate Girl/Triad with the orange/purple/white she is often shown wearing...plus the three white slashes on her arms.
Posted By: Candlelight Re: knowjack's gallery - 07/16/09 07:20 AM
I agree with Triad Boy, in that you have a real inspiration concerning Star Boy. Your other one (the Canadian flag white star with cape) was outstanding, too.

I also really like the Invisible Kid II yellow outfits (from both sets) and Brin's 'paw' costume.
You even made Garth's sleeveless outfit work well.
I love the three lightning bolts on the side.
A little 'asymetricality' is great for spicing up a design!

For me, the girls have too many bare midriffs and 'underpants' showing.
Somehow, on Mon El the shorts look good, but not so much on Imra and the other gals.

But hey, it's your vision of them and that's fine!

Thanks for continuing to share your work with us.
smile
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 07/16/09 12:36 PM
Trust me, I am no fan of the bare midriff/underwear thing on the girls...those were virtually the only options! I hated all the midriff baring in the latest reboot of LSH.
Posted By: Candlelight Re: knowjack's gallery - 07/17/09 02:40 AM
I thought the underpants especially, looked like something you had to try to get rid of from the original setup.

That's too bad.
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 07/17/09 05:54 PM
CHEESECAKE!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 07/17/09 08:03 PM
This site had even LESS options but still fun.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Candlelight Re: knowjack's gallery - 07/17/09 10:46 PM
LOVE the cheesecake of Shadow Lass!
She'd be great as an avatar, if I could figure out a way to do it!
smile
Posted By: Triplicate Kid Re: knowjack's gallery - 07/18/09 02:54 AM
Grife, those faces are freaky. Only that one repeated male one looks alright; best on Querl.

I can see this generator forced fingerless gloves - Ultimate Legion? At least it could supply adequate symbols.

I don't mind the Ultra Boy design (the costume, that is. The art isn't so good).
Posted By: Arachne Re: knowjack's gallery - 07/18/09 03:25 AM
Yep, gotta say I like the first paper dolls the best. Knowjack's doing pretty well with what he's got to work with.
Posted By: Candlelight Re: knowjack's gallery - 07/18/09 07:33 AM
I really liked the Saturn symbol on Imra's costume.
I wish DC had come up with a fresh take on her costume, like that.
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 07/27/09 08:52 PM
[Linked Image]
Posted By: He Who Wanders Re: knowjack's gallery - 07/27/09 10:40 PM
Cool!

Interesting costume design for Jeckie.
Posted By: Titan Lad Re: knowjack's gallery - 07/27/09 11:05 PM
Those are very cool! My favorites are probably Star Boy, Phantom Girl, and Colossal Boy.
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 07/28/09 12:32 AM
It was fun trying to manipulate that program into what i wanted it to do...some were just impossible to make adhere to the literal comics version of the costumes. Star Boy was very hard, as were White Witch and Cosmic Boy...and Bouncing Boy looks AWFUL but that was the closest I could get.
Posted By: Arachne Re: knowjack's gallery - 07/28/09 02:30 AM
My what big muscles everyone has. Looks cool. smile
Posted By: Triplicate Kid Re: knowjack's gallery - 07/29/09 11:17 PM
Interesting that the generator supplied a Cerberus symbol, and that you chose that for Ultra Boy.

The huge shoulders are Timm-like, so that didn't surprise me.

I don't exactly like Star Boy with the few oddly placed stars, but I think, "Yes, that's how they'd have done it." A starfield costume would've been too hard for animation, at least before CGI assistance.
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 08/04/09 06:10 PM
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Quislet, Esq Re: knowjack's gallery - 08/04/09 06:20 PM
Nice job.

And Yes I prefer the giant snake to the stupid combination form that I don't think mad anyone happy.
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 08/04/09 06:39 PM
That run was weird with Sensor's changes and Kinetix turning into the giant.
Posted By: Arachne Re: knowjack's gallery - 08/04/09 11:32 PM
Nice. I love Dreamers look.
Posted By: Quislet, Esq Re: knowjack's gallery - 08/05/09 12:17 AM
That run was weird with Sensor's changes and Kinetix turning into the giant.
Giant mudball. I hated that too.
Posted By: Set Re: knowjack's gallery - 08/05/09 05:42 PM
The structure of Brainiac's costume makes him appear more 'buff' than any of the other Legion dudes.

"Grr. Brainiac SMASH!"

I know it's just an optical illusion, but it struck me funny. smile
Posted By: Caliente Re: knowjack's gallery - 08/05/09 07:25 PM
Love it! XS's hair is hilarious (in an awesome way) and how sweet are their expressions? So telling about personalities.

Great stuff, man. Love on the reboot!
Posted By: Blockade Boy Re: knowjack's gallery - 08/05/09 09:11 PM
Starboy is my favorite.

Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
Nice job.

And Yes I prefer the giant snake to the stupid combination form that I don't think mad anyone happy.
Combo for me. Misnake replaced by mistake but I still preferred it. The combo would have made a nice character in Legion, any era, if it hadn't already been used to replace the snake.
Posted By: Candlelight Re: knowjack's gallery - 08/06/09 06:57 PM
I loved the Naga.
(But then, I always disliked Jeckie immensely.)

Even the snake was preferable, to me, over the old Princess.
I just wanted the snake to be more colorful.
smile
Posted By: Candlelight Re: knowjack's gallery - 08/06/09 07:01 PM
Hey!
That's MY favorite Legion!
Good stuff!
Where's Umbra, Lar and Gates?
Posted By: Triplicate Kid Re: knowjack's gallery - 08/06/09 11:11 PM
What I believe I hate most about the half-snake: Sensor was totally non-humanoid (if decidedly not unearthly), and had no visible gender. Then they went down the usual comic book route: female aliens aren't allowed to be too alien.
Posted By: Blockade Boy Re: knowjack's gallery - 08/07/09 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Triplicate Kid:
Then they went down the usual comic book route: female aliens aren't allowed to be too alien.
"Usual?" I must have missed that, never seen it discussed before.
Posted By: Triplicate Kid Re: knowjack's gallery - 08/07/09 06:34 PM
That is, aliens are male by default. You rarely see identified females of non-humanoid species. It's common enough in filmed SF as well.
Posted By: Candlelight Re: knowjack's gallery - 08/07/09 08:04 PM
The Naga is classic Earth lore, been around for thousands of years.
She's an archtype and I loved her in the Legion.

Strata is non-female appearing.
Stealth in her native form is non-female appearing.

But you're probably right.
Guys want to see boobs, usually with as little covering them as possible.
(As a woman, that's a pet gripe I have with comics, and entertainment in general.)

sigh
Posted By: Blockade Boy Re: knowjack's gallery - 08/07/09 08:17 PM
Naga, you bet. India is all that on the internet now. Bollywood or as I prefer Bollyboob. What's not to like. The snakes got boobs. The four armed elephants got boobs. When I was a kid I had one of those wind up toys that was a boob, it would,...uh, well, that's probably off topic.

Aaarrrr arrr arr arr.

uh, yeah, I mean, totally unnecessary in comics. shocked
Posted By: cleome57 Re: knowjack's gallery - 08/07/09 09:27 PM
What I believe I hate most about the half-snake: Sensor was totally non-humanoid (if decidedly not unearthly), and had no visible gender. Then they went down the usual comic book route: female aliens aren't allowed to be too alien.
I was thinking of a less family-friendly way to say "not too alien," but never mind.

I think I'll go snicker at that pin-up of the "Love Lanterns" again.
Posted By: cleome57 Re: knowjack's gallery - 08/07/09 09:28 PM
That is, aliens are male by default. You rarely see identified females of non-humanoid species. It's common enough in filmed SF as well.
In a lot of "funny animal" art, it's the same thing. Female characters have more humanoid secondary sexual characteristic than males do.
Posted By: Candlelight Re: knowjack's gallery - 08/10/09 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Blockade Boy:
Aaarrrr arrr arr arr.

uh, yeah, I mean, totally unnecessary in comics. shocked
smile
Sorry, I'd just come from the Dawnstar megaboob thread, or visa versa or something.
sigh

Respect, that's all, just a little respect.
They aren't prostitues or Vegas showgirls or whatever.

Practicality, if nothing else.
Superheroines get mpre practical outfits in the movies, for goodness sake.

:grumble:
Posted By: cleome57 Re: knowjack's gallery - 08/11/09 08:43 PM
Candle wrote (snip):

...They aren't prostitutes or Vegas showgirls or whatever...
Tell me about it.

What added to the sting of the cartoon being canceled is that it was a rare opportunity to see my favorite characters not looking like bleeping Cosmo Girls.

It's nice that somebody in charge at DC said he was sick of Supergirl's panty shots, because she was a teenager and there was a distinct skeeve factor involved. However, the skeeve factor doesn't decrease in any signifigant way for me personally just because the character's over eighteen. It's still obnoxious. Save the cleavage and thongs for the swimsuit issue, ferchrissakes.

:rolleyes:
Posted By: Sketch Lad Re: knowjack's gallery - 08/14/09 06:23 AM
The debate about female comic book character attire will surely rage on forever.

kj has done an excellent job with these "paper" dolls!
Posted By: Candlelight Re: knowjack's gallery - 08/14/09 08:58 AM
I especially love his attempt at Jeckie, the Naga!
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 08/14/09 09:29 PM
Kickin' it old school...there's still something very inspiring about seeing the originals all together...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Blockade Boy Re: knowjack's gallery - 08/14/09 11:06 PM
Originally posted by cleome:
Save the cleavage and thongs for the swimsuit issue, ferchrissakes.

I agree with you 100%.

We need more swimsuit issues.

laugh
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 08/22/09 02:41 PM
http://yfrog.com/0ytitans2oj
Posted By: Blockade Boy Re: knowjack's gallery - 08/22/09 02:42 PM
WAYYYYY TOo big.
Posted By: Blockade Boy Re: knowjack's gallery - 08/22/09 02:42 PM
WAYYYYY TOo big.
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 08/22/09 02:43 PM
nothing to see here.
Posted By: Sarcasm Kid Re: knowjack's gallery - 08/22/09 04:46 PM
Bat-Girl? Izzat Bat-Girl? SHE LIVES!!
Posted By: MLLASH Re: knowjack's gallery - 08/22/09 05:02 PM
Kickin' it old school...there's still something very inspiring about seeing the originals all together...
Agreed! Very nice Jackie!!
Posted By: Blockade Boy Re: knowjack's gallery - 08/22/09 06:23 PM
Took a year to download but it was worth it. Spectacular.

How many of those are still living?
Posted By: Candlelight Re: knowjack's gallery - 09/16/09 09:10 AM
I especially like that you gave them individual faces.

Shady's and Dreamy's faces are wonderful and I love the tape on Tenzil!
BouncingBoy
Posted By: matlock Re: knowjack's gallery - 09/16/09 11:37 AM
I like the slightly glum look on Chemical King's face. Apropos! Even with two reboots and a team of youthful clones the closest to a comeback he ever made was as a seldom used reporter.
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 10/19/09 07:28 PM
This was fun...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Quislet, Esq Re: knowjack's gallery - 10/19/09 09:41 PM
Nice. Most names would stay the same except for changing boy to girl and vice versa.

I think Duo Damsel would be Duo Dude, White Witch become White Warlock. I'm not sure what name would be for the male Shrinking Violet. I think Dawnstar works for both male and female.
Posted By: Arachne Re: knowjack's gallery - 10/19/09 11:12 PM
Very cool. I think the White Warlock is my favourite, but where's Light Lad?
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 10/20/09 12:20 AM
That's funny, I thought Duo Dude and White Warlock as well. Duo "Dude" sounds silly, but Duo "Damsel" isn't so great either!
I almost didn't do ANY Ranzz' since they already have sort of gone there, but yeah, I should have made a Light Lad. After all, we had a Phantom Boy, Shadow Kid, Micro Lad....also realizing I should have done 'Sensor Boy' instead of 'Prince Projecter' LOL
Posted By: Sarcasm Kid Re: knowjack's gallery - 10/20/09 12:30 AM
And what about Bouncing Girl? And Tyrose?
Posted By: Set Re: knowjack's gallery - 10/20/09 12:31 AM
Timber Wolf, Wildfire and Brainiac 5 work pretty well for either gender as well.

Could anyone even tell if Tellus or Quislet switched gender?
Posted By: Candlelight Re: knowjack's gallery - 10/20/09 01:43 AM
If I were a guy, I wouldn't want to be called 'Dawnstar'. I think I'd go with 'MorningStar' or 'DayStar' or 'EveningStar' or 'Mars' or . . . (I LOVE the male Dawnstar, by the way, but where is his 'crotch' fringe?)

How about 'Ghost Wizard' or 'White Wizard' or 'Whiteout' for Mysa?

We've seen a lot of gender changes ~ Inferno, Yera, Wildstar, Laurel Gand, etc. I like that you kept them looking somewhat like their originals.

After the Mysa and Dawnstar changes, I like Invisible Kid II, Phantom Guy and Timber Wolf best, but they're all pretty fun.
Posted By: Set Re: knowjack's gallery - 10/20/09 03:24 AM
I also thought that Lu should have a naughty name like Threesome or Fourplay (if she could split into four) or something. Triple Threat or Trinity also works, for a gender-neutral name.

Two-for-One Lad or Double-Team could be fun names for a 'Duo Daniel.'
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 10/20/09 06:24 PM
Updated version...Sensor Boy, Light Lad, Bouncing Girl (she was HARD!) and since I wasn't pleased with my original, Sun Girl.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Set Re: knowjack's gallery - 10/20/09 09:39 PM
Random thoughts;

Phantom Lad's soul patch is hilarious.

Cosmic Girl should totally be wearing the Grell bustier!

I'm really surprised how well some of the women's costumes work on the men, such as Dawnstar, Saturn Boy and Shadow Lad. Sensor Guy, not so much... IK2's outfit looks good on a woman, as well.

Duo Daniel looks like Metamorpho, with that purple and orange going on!

Dream Boy isn't as obvious as the others. Perhaps he should have long hair?

White Warlock is so pale! I didn't see him the first time.

Lots of Legion ladies have gone for the bare legs look. I'm not sure if it's working on Colossal Girl or Woman-El, and Star Girl's costume is cool enough that it probably should also be extended (although turning it into a long dress would be neat...).
Posted By: kidflash2fan Re: knowjack's gallery - 10/25/09 04:16 PM
[Linked Image]

i did this a about two years ago
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 10/27/09 05:22 PM
Cool kidflash. I found a version of this concept I had done back in junior high..may try to post it.
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 11/02/09 05:23 PM
Had so much fun with the original, decided to do 'old-school' version. Left out Mon-El, Ultra Boy, Sun Boy and Brainy since their costumes didn't ever really change all that much.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Candlelight Re: knowjack's gallery - 11/02/09 07:01 PM
Love Phantom Guy's eyebrow ~ makes him look like such a prankster! I like his costume conversion, too.

I don't know about a skirt for Colossal Gal, the concept just doesn't work for me.
shake

The pointy boots seem to work okay on Prince Projector but not so well on Shadow Lad. I'd flatten his ~ the running shorts just don't seem to work well with those boots.

In general, with this batch, I think that the girl's outfits translate better to the guys than visa versa. I wonder why I think that?
Posted By: Arachne Re: knowjack's gallery - 11/03/09 12:13 AM
I like Dream Boy best. smile
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 11/03/09 03:22 PM
I agree about the pointy boots--but I tried to stay as close to the original designs as I could on these. If the 'real' character had pointy boots, then so did my version.
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 11/30/09 10:41 PM
First let me say, while I loved when the Founders showed up on Smallville, I didn't totally love their uniforms. That said, thought it would be fun imagining costumes for the 6 characters I'd most want to see come on the show...using the same kind of look.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: He Who Wanders Re: knowjack's gallery - 12/02/09 02:45 AM
I like the girls' costumes, knowjack, but jackets for the guys are way overdone these days, in my opinion. (That said, Dirk's looks kinda cool.)
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 12/02/09 10:09 PM
Hey, I agree...but I was just following the rules already set up by Smallville---Saturn Girl, Cosmic Boy, Lightning Lad, all in jackets. I'm not a fan of these casual, jacket-y costumes, but this is what I imagine the Smallville costumers would do.
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 01/22/10 10:08 PM
Some of these were really hard to do with this program--but still fun.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: .. Re: knowjack's gallery - 01/25/10 05:37 PM
Nice work Knowjack, you really acurately captured the costumes. Dreamy, Shady and Ultraboy came out exceptionally well.

I haven't really been active here lately, so if you mentioned it before, I agologize, but what program are you using to do these? I looks like something I could make use of myself.
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 01/26/10 03:49 AM
It's on a blog actually. It's in Portuguese, but you can switch the language to English. It's been down some lately, I think he had too many users (probably me)..:-(
here's the link:

http://fabricadeherois.blogspot.com/
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 02/02/10 10:39 PM
Found some more old artwork from the stash of "Lil' KnowJack"...first couple were around 6th grade or so, I think..others were probably around 10th grade. Thinking about redoing the older ones...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 02/02/10 10:42 PM
Pt. 2

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: cleome57 Re: knowjack's gallery - 02/03/10 03:11 AM
First let me say, while I loved when the Founders showed up on Smallville, I didn't totally love their uniforms. That said, thought it would be fun imagining costumes for the 6 characters I'd most want to see come on the show...using the same kind of look.

[Linked Image]
Awww... sweet!

Especially Phantom! PhantomGirl
Posted By: Candlelight Re: knowjack's gallery - 02/03/10 03:23 AM
I went to the site and I am SO impressed with what you've created and the complexity of the process!
You're amazing!
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 02/04/10 12:07 AM
Aww, thanks!
Posted By: .. Re: knowjack's gallery - 02/04/10 12:18 AM
Thanks for the link!

Lol, I got a bunch of old stuff I drew in elementary school too, your 6th grade stuff is much better than mine ever was!
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 02/05/10 02:00 AM
I realized tonight..I have forgotten how to draw!
Posted By: Arachne Re: knowjack's gallery - 02/05/10 03:20 AM
That's happened to me a few times. Don't worry, practice a bit and it'll come back.
Posted By: .. Re: knowjack's gallery - 02/05/10 07:18 AM
Yeah don't sweat it, I just recently picked up a pencil for the first time in ages.
It takes a while to shake the rust off but the skill does come back.
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 02/05/10 10:38 PM
Going to try to recreate all of those alternate costumes I did back when I was a kid. Some are REALLY awful, but some aren't too bad. I'm going to do them JUST as they were back then--good or bad. I did Projectra first.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 02/05/10 11:56 PM
LOL I can't believe I didn't notice how WRONG her right arm and hand are...oh well.
Posted By: Arachne Re: knowjack's gallery - 02/06/10 01:53 AM
Doesn't look too bad to me.
Posted By: Candlelight Re: knowjack's gallery - 02/06/10 08:56 AM
If you planned on her right hand to be turned palm away from us, it's perfect!
If you wanted it to be like the left hand and turned palm forward, you got mixed up.

I like the palms facing opposite and the arms are the right length so, it's all good.

AND I like her costume and face!
The dress is sexy without being slutty and I'm always happy with that.
I like the way you have her feet/legs, too.
Very demur and 'proper' for a princess!
smile
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 02/16/10 10:53 PM
Working on some more re-do's of those old drawings. I'm doing these totally with a Wacom tablet, which I'm not all the great with, so please be kind! LOL

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 02/19/10 03:36 PM
[Linked Image]
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 02/19/10 09:27 PM
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Sarcasm Kid Re: knowjack's gallery - 02/19/10 09:32 PM
What do you know? Dirk finally managed to get his chest waxed.
Posted By: .. Re: knowjack's gallery - 02/20/10 01:34 AM
I really like the Cosmic boy redesign
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 02/20/10 06:03 AM
Hey, I barely got Dirk's legs to look somewhat human, I couldn't go there to give him chest hair. Hmmm, maybe Gigi (or in my mind, Jan) asked him to shave it.

Also, thanks, Dedman.
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 02/25/10 09:47 PM
Yikes..I don't know what my 13 yr old self was thinking with these! But, I'm gonna try to do redcreate them all, no matter HOW bad the costumes were!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Sarcasm Kid Re: knowjack's gallery - 02/25/10 09:50 PM
Hey, I barely got Dirk's legs to look somewhat human, I couldn't go there to give him chest hair. Hmmm, maybe Gigi (or in my mind, Jan) asked him to shave it.

Or, they could've just a stuck a big roll of duct tape on it and RRRRRIIIIPPPPP!
Posted By: Sketch Lad Re: knowjack's gallery - 02/26/10 08:42 AM
Yikes..I don't know what my 13 yr old self was thinking with these! But, I'm gonna try to do redcreate them all, no matter HOW bad the costumes were!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
They both look really cute! Imra looks kinda like Saturn Barbie!
Posted By: Set Re: knowjack's gallery - 02/26/10 04:25 PM
Imra's white circles on her thighs (against that background) give me flashbacks to Atmos, the Armpitless Wonder!
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 02/26/10 10:22 PM
And now, the gayest Legion costume this side of Cosmic Boy's 70's bustier! Aye Caramba! LOL
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Sarcasm Kid Re: knowjack's gallery - 02/26/10 10:26 PM
At least he's wearing, for lack of a better word, underpants.
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 03/03/10 09:26 PM
[Linked Image]
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 03/05/10 08:32 PM
[Linked Image]
Posted By: .. Re: knowjack's gallery - 03/05/10 08:47 PM
Hey knowjack, I haven't commented in a while, but for old designs, some of these hold up really well. I really like the shady costume!
Posted By: Arachne Re: knowjack's gallery - 03/07/10 02:09 AM
What he said.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: knowjack's gallery - 03/07/10 03:13 AM
I'm digging the Shady duds as well!
Posted By: Mystery Lad Re: knowjack's gallery - 03/07/10 07:32 AM
Brin looks like Hercu-Wolf! Or Lone-ules. smile

What was the idea behind the markings on Element Lad's? Cockrumices? Or something more?

I just got a wacom bamboo tables and haven't mastered drawing on it at all. Are you sketching directly on it, or are you scanning in sketches and 'filling in' and coloring?
Posted By: Candlelight Re: knowjack's gallery - 03/08/10 07:06 AM
I really like the Shady drawing, too.

You have a good eye for balance in design, kj!
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 03/08/10 09:34 PM
Thanks guys! Mystery, I am doing a rough sketch and 'painting' over it. I am trying to do as much as I can with the wacom so I can get more practice. It's really hard to get proportions right drawing on the tablet...and the hands all look awful! LOL...

I am not sure where the markings on ELad's costume came from...I *think* that was back when Giffen would draw the elemental symbols around Jan when he would use his powers. Appears Kitson used that same idea when he redisgned EL's costume--with the symbols on the cape.
Posted By: Arachne Re: knowjack's gallery - 03/09/10 01:32 AM
Have you tried flipping the image horizontally, knowjack? I find that helps when an image doesn't look right.
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 03/09/10 06:35 PM
This time I painted over the original drawing. Had to stretch and manipulate it..tried to give Cham a leaner, more androgynous look.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 03/09/10 08:23 PM
[Linked Image]
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 03/10/10 07:27 PM
Decided to make myself do a couple of my old re-designs that I really hate LOL...Mysa's Stevie Nicks outfit (with red hair!) and Jo's Vegas trapeze act outfit!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: cleome57 Re: knowjack's gallery - 03/10/10 08:50 PM
I was never a big fan of Cham in purple/red or EL in blue/green but those re-dos kinda' knock me out!

cool
Posted By: Candlelight Re: knowjack's gallery - 03/11/10 08:18 AM
Arachne made a great suggestion, knowjack!

I know a lot of people like to make Mysa's eyelashes form her antannae, even in the comics.
But, I don't often wear makeup.
So when I do, the added weight of the mascara is something that REALLY bothers me.
I can't imagine Mysa being able to keep her eyes open with that kind of pressure on them.
(And yes, I know she 'floats'.)

So, I always make the added length a part of her eyebrows.
Just how I look at things and it was brought to mind because your Mysa looks a little crosseyed, which I would be if my lashes were like that.
smile
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 03/11/10 08:13 PM
I hate the eyelashes, too! Just trying to be true to my old designs, off kilter as they may be. And YES she does look crosseyed LOL--doesn't look that way on my original.

And yes THANKS Arachne for the suggestion. It's helped, I think!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Candlelight Re: knowjack's gallery - 03/12/10 07:50 AM
Wildfire is cute.
He has runner's legs!
smile

Vi's outfit looks so . . . . . . binding!
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 03/15/10 06:20 PM
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 03/15/10 10:27 PM
[Linked Image]
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 03/18/10 09:30 PM
Whew..almost done. Saving the costumes I really hate for the end, :-)

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 03/24/10 11:13 PM
Almost done...sorry, I tried to make this design look a little less 'gay' but didn't really work out LOL...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Set Re: knowjack's gallery - 03/24/10 11:19 PM
I've attempted several lightning-bolt costumes, and they've always ended up feeling off-balance because of the asymmetry. You've managed to avoid that, but it's just an awkward costume element to work with, isn't it?
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 03/24/10 11:30 PM
VERY awkward. I finally had to take one that turned out half way decent, copy it, and flip it.
Posted By: Triplicate Kid Re: knowjack's gallery - 03/27/10 08:42 PM
Can't say I dislike Light Lass.

Dawnstar - well, toning down the Amerindian style is a good thing, but it also makes the costume less distinctive. I'm reminded of Hawkgirl as much as Dawnstar. This design won't be seen as oversexed, though.
Posted By: Candlelight Re: knowjack's gallery - 03/27/10 08:50 PM
That's some Blok, though!
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 03/30/10 09:44 PM
Almost done...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 04/01/10 04:05 PM
FINALLY! Here's the whole recreation of my tween Legion group shot from upthread, bad costumes and all :-)

[Linked Image]
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 04/03/10 12:15 AM
Just realizing there should have been a Tyroc. :-)
Posted By: MLLASH Re: knowjack's gallery - 05/31/10 07:24 AM
bump
Posted By: Candlelight Re: knowjack's gallery - 06/01/10 08:57 AM
I really like a lot of these, looking back!

I commented about Mysa but I love her face anyway!
Tasmia is great, of course.

Then, there's Bouncing Boy, Star Boy and Wildfire.
Cham and Jan are outstanding, really love their outfits and faces!

And it's funny that the costume you hate the most is Lar's and it's very much like the one that he wore for a lot of his recent 21st century stay!
lol
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 06/04/10 01:14 AM
Found a new site for 'hero creating'....working on a big one, but here's a taste...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 06/04/10 08:34 PM
[Linked Image]
Posted By: MLLASH Re: knowjack's gallery - 06/04/10 08:37 PM
They all look so cool lined up like that!

I'm diggind Cham's vesty-look a lot!
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 06/05/10 11:38 PM
might try sixities era...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 07/09/10 03:58 PM
Playing around with the whole "gender switch" thing again...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Candlelight Re: knowjack's gallery - 07/10/10 04:42 AM
I can't get them to stay 'big', at least, not very much.
However, I really love the Foccart costume.
The neckline is wonderful and the black lines on the yellow is beautiful.
Posted By: Triplicate Kid Re: knowjack's gallery - 07/10/10 09:52 PM
That hair is so right for Ultra Girl.
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 07/15/10 06:14 PM
Legion "Boys Only" Weekend :-)
[Linked Image]
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 07/15/10 06:18 PM
Girls Night Out!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: MLLASH Re: knowjack's gallery - 07/15/10 10:10 PM
Jan's swimsuit is LOVE.
Posted By: Candlelight Re: knowjack's gallery - 07/16/10 06:13 AM
<3 Ayla and Shady!
Posted By: Sketch Lad Re: knowjack's gallery - 07/16/10 06:54 AM
I like all the girls, but I think Tinya has my favorite styling.
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 07/23/10 08:47 PM
Just trying to stay in practice using my WACOM tablet...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: MLLASH Re: knowjack's gallery - 07/23/10 09:15 PM
Whoa-- that's really cool!!! What is this WACOM tablet you mention?
Posted By: knowjack Re: knowjack's gallery - 07/24/10 03:59 AM
its a mouse pad type thing with a 'pen' instead of a mouse.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: knowjack's gallery - 07/24/10 04:01 AM
Thanks, Sounds like something I would enjoy.
© Legion World