Legion World
Posted By: Cobalt Kid MMB, you've been cancelled!!! - 11/17/08 09:36 PM
I'm sorry but you'll reduced to one back-up thread in the Future is Forever Forum.

Unfortunately, several of you will be killed off before the move. (Sorry Pov & Lardy)
Posted By: Fat Cramer Re: MMB, you've been cancelled!!! - 11/17/08 10:04 PM
Will this be a new back-up thread or a reprint?
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: MMB, you've been cancelled!!! - 11/17/08 10:28 PM
Darn it! That mean I'll only be appearing like once every sixth month or so, and even then in a crowd shot!
Posted By: Pov Re: MMB, you've been cancelled!!! - 11/17/08 10:30 PM
But the MMB is so close to #200,000 posts! It's not fair to cancel so close to a momentous milestone! choke

We need to start a SpiderGirl-style write-in campaign! mad
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: MMB, you've been cancelled!!! - 11/17/08 10:42 PM
Unfortunately, fanboy favorites Lash Lad and Cobalt Kid will be hogging tons of panel time when characters like Thora, Dr. Mayavale, Clive and Time Teller Lad leave for political careers or get married and retire!

choke
Posted By: Pov Re: MMB, you've been cancelled!!! - 11/17/08 10:46 PM
I hear STU will let himself go like TMK Nura... eek
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: MMB, you've been cancelled!!! - 11/17/08 10:48 PM
The blow would be lessened if everyone got groovy new avatars, usernames and/or locations!

Maybe we should all follow Pov's example and change our names to our nickname versions? We'd be Cobie, FC and Eryk in this thread thus far!
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: MMB, you've been cancelled!!! - 11/17/08 10:49 PM
Hey, remember that time I changed my username to "."?
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: MMB, you've been cancelled!!! - 11/17/08 10:52 PM
A creative zen moment of nirvana! We should all take such a drastic step again in protest to the cancelling of the MMB!
Posted By: Nova Girl Re: MMB, you've been cancelled!!! - 11/17/08 10:59 PM
Hmmmph but what about my credit card bills. I cant go shopping on a backup feature's salary.

And dammit, canceled just as I'm assuming the leadership in the absence of the Leader and new elections. My term will be off panel. *sob*
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: MMB, you've been cancelled!!! - 11/17/08 11:00 PM
If it helps, several years from now your term will be retroactively filled with lots of groovy, untold tales! And since you being leader is basically the only thing we know about this term, you'll be at least a supporting player in each tale!
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: MMB, you've been cancelled!!! - 11/17/08 11:10 PM
Oops! We've got too many members! I suggest we let the computer decide which of us is least useful, and let them resign!
Posted By: Quislet, Esq Re: MMB, you've been cancelled!!! - 11/17/08 11:51 PM
Well, I'm a completist. I'll keep posting until the MMB is cancelled.
Posted By: SharkLad Re: MMB, you've been cancelled!!! - 11/18/08 01:14 AM
any chance of a spin off?
Posted By: Yk Re: MMB, you've been cancelled!!! - 11/18/08 01:23 AM
Oh dear God. I'm going to be a Giffin throwaway line/reference in "Whatever Happened to Ambush Bug"!!
Posted By: Raging Bull Re: MMB, you've been cancelled!!! - 11/18/08 02:24 AM
My mission is too important to let something as trivial as the MMB's impending cancellation deter me.
Posted By: He Who Wanders Re: MMB, you've been cancelled!!! - 11/18/08 02:37 AM
At least I'll get to be the leader in the backup feature.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: MMB, you've been cancelled!!! - 11/18/08 02:50 AM
Heck, there's no worries...

the MMB will just be relaunched with an all-star creative team and a new #1 post!
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: MMB, you've been cancelled!!! - 11/18/08 02:52 AM
I hear they may even 'sex it up' a little bit to increase posts!
Posted By: Lard Lad Re: MMB, you've been cancelled!!! - 11/18/08 03:16 AM
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Unfortunately, several of you will be killed off before the move. (Sorry Pov & Lardy)
And LW will find that this will send it into a tailspin from which it may never recover--akin to an LW "Countdown"! eek

LW posters calling en masse for the firing of MMB EIC, Non Sequidio!
Posted By: He Who Wanders Re: MMB, you've been cancelled!!! - 11/18/08 03:19 AM
Since Lardy's already died once, maybe he'll only appear as an adult newsman in the reboot.
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: MMB, you've been cancelled!!! - 11/18/08 03:28 AM
All Non-Sequidio cares about is posts, posts, posts! He cares nothing for the integrity of the MMB itself!
Posted By: Yk Re: MMB, you've been cancelled!!! - 11/18/08 03:39 AM
Does this mean we have to indulge in a massive crossover role-play End of An Era fan-fic?
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: MMB, you've been cancelled!!! - 11/18/08 03:42 AM
YES!
Posted By: Lard Lad Re: MMB, you've been cancelled!!! - 11/18/08 03:48 AM
I hear Sequidio's planning on publishing something called "Bestiality Crisis" in which Shawna Sheep is murdered, and a flashback reveals she was, in fact, raped by Cobalt Kid!!! eek
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: MMB, you've been cancelled!!! - 11/18/08 03:53 AM
No, no, no, no!

Too much! Too far! I heard that was too grim and Sequidio's boss Pop Warner had it changed to a less offensive, but still terrible, shaving.

Oddly enough, Gladys the Sentient Disco Ball ends up the villain in this piece and loses her mind. She just catch a break as a character.
Posted By: Lard Lad Re: MMB, you've been cancelled!!! - 11/18/08 03:58 AM
No, no, no, no!

Too much! Too far! I heard that was too grim and Sequidio's boss Pop Warner had it changed to a less offensive, but still terrible, shaving.
Actually, they're planning to re-retcon it as more of a heavy petting! lol
Posted By: Yk Re: MMB, you've been cancelled!!! - 11/18/08 04:15 AM
Yeah but it'll have those great Alex Ross covers that won't have a thing to do with the story inside the book!
Posted By: Nova Girl Re: MMB, you've been cancelled!!! - 11/18/08 01:48 PM
*Choke*

I've been reassigned to 'LMB Prep', a digest-sized magazine for 8-12 year old girls. Apparently I'm gonna be an instructor at some prep-school for wannabe superkids.

I'm so suing the Warners for constructive dismissal.
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: MMB, you've been cancelled!!! - 11/18/08 04:33 PM
Wait until you see what they'll have you wearing in it. Lets just say that even though they claim its for 8-12 year olds, I suspect its really for 35-45 year old men.
Posted By: Spellbinder Re: MMB, you've been cancelled!!! - 11/18/08 05:02 PM
Maybe we should all follow Pov's example and change our names to our nickname versions? We'd be Cobie, FC and Eryk in this thread thus far!
I would use your private nickname for me, Cobie, but it's considered a derogatory term on 27 United Planets member worlds...
Posted By: Pov Re: MMB, you've been cancelled!!! - 11/18/08 05:24 PM
Is that like Jay calling Shannon Elizabeth "Booboo Kitty F@#$" in J&SBSB" ? hmmm laugh
Posted By: Yk Re: MMB, you've been cancelled!!! - 11/18/08 11:26 PM
Wait until you see what they'll have you wearing in it. Lets just say that even though they claim its for 8-12 year olds, I suspect its really for 35-45 year old men.
It's already predicted by CSN to be a big seller in Japan. It's on my pull list.
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: MMB, you've been cancelled!!! - 11/19/08 02:17 PM
All posters immediately report to the roleplay event to high profile yourself in the crossover in hopes for a more popular place in the relaunch!

Er, but you stick with me Crujeckie, we can use the same 'method' we've always used to be popular, the kind that involves a small amount of bedsheets and ceiling fans obscuring specific things.
Posted By: Tamper Lad Re: MMB, you've been cancelled!!! - 11/19/08 05:27 PM
Bah all the characters of the MMB should go on strike to protest editorial stupidity.

I know the Alt-IDs have unionized but then a splinter faction of insane ex-girlfriend Alt-IDs attacked them.
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: MMB, you've been cancelled!!! - 11/20/08 02:35 AM
Did you hear they're going to Tamper Lad into the new STU? Ugh. Tamper Lad is perfect as he is already, they don't need to try to shoe-horn him into another identity. And why the need for a 2nd STU? The first one is great...I'm so sick of all these identity switches. Especially when they're just trying to high-profile another green LMBer (and I have no problem with green superheroes, I just want them to develop as they're own LMBers, not take on the costumed identies of old ones).
Posted By: Fat Cramer Re: MMB, you've been cancelled!!! - 11/20/08 09:39 AM
I'll probably buy the Golden Age STU archives.
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: MMB, you've been cancelled!!! - 11/21/08 02:25 PM
It appears the readership has reacted heatedly to news of the cancellation, as posts are actually up! I wonder if this ground-up movement will help?
Posted By: Lad Boy Re: MMB, you've been cancelled!!! - 11/21/08 03:51 PM
Er, but you stick with me Crujeckie, we can use the same 'method' we've always used to be popular, the kind that involves a small amount of bedsheets and ceiling fans obscuring specific things.
So umm ... your specific things can be obsured with a small amount of bedsheet? Sorry to hear that.
Posted By: Tamper Lad Re: MMB, you've been cancelled!!! - 11/21/08 04:48 PM
It appears the readership has reacted heatedly to news of the cancellation, as posts are actually up! I wonder if this ground-up movement will help?
Hmmm daily Starbucks or the a new 20 issue a month MMB crossover event? I think the caffeine has it.
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: MMB, you've been cancelled!!! - 12/03/08 03:20 AM
As suspected, although the internet caused an inflated bump in MMB posts, sales pretty much died down again. Cancellation hovers again.

I suggest a full-on relaunch. (Not reboot)
Posted By: Fat Cramer Re: MMB, you've been cancelled!!! - 12/03/08 09:35 AM
Has there been a price increase?
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: MMB, you've been cancelled!!! - 12/03/08 05:42 PM
I heard their slashing threads to get more posters.
Posted By: Hrun the Barbarian Re: MMB, you've been cancelled!!! - 12/03/08 08:39 PM
How about If I slash some posters to get more space for threads?
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: MMB, you've been cancelled!!! - 12/04/08 05:36 PM
Hrun going on a bloody rampage always used to boost MMB circulation in the past!
Posted By: Tamper Lad Re: MMB, you've been cancelled!!! - 12/04/08 07:18 PM
Have we tried the one where we get a popular artist to draw extremely well-endowed female characters on the covers?
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: MMB, you've been cancelled!!! - 12/04/08 08:24 PM
Unfortunately, that's how the MMB was initially created.
Posted By: Fat Cramer Re: MMB, you've been cancelled!!! - 12/04/08 10:25 PM
We'll add 8-page back-up threads.

Our annuals will include a time-travel trip to our old message boards.
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: MMB, you've been cancelled!!! - 08/26/13 08:28 PM
bump

Well MMB, you may be back on the chopping block. You better sex it up real fast, and I don't just mean that tired old subplot of Pov not wearing pants.
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: MMB, you've been cancelled!!! - 08/26/13 08:30 PM
^ Courtesy by Legion World publisher Non-Sequidio
Posted By: Exnihil Re: MMB, you've been cancelled!!! - 08/26/13 08:36 PM
Originally Posted by Cobalt Kid
bump

Well MMB, you may be back on the chopping block. You better sex it up real fast, and I don't just mean that tired old subplot of Pov not wearing pants.

Hey... I'm doing my part. The Latest "100 Toothpicks" post has not one... but two... pics of a Legion World resident completely naked except for a dog collar!

(Admittedly... your mileage may vary with that one. At least... I hope it does.)
Posted By: cleome57 Re: MMB, you've been cancelled!!! - 08/26/13 08:36 PM
Well, I wore those "flight pasties" and that matching "flight G-String" in the last 'boot. It's somebody else's turn. (Do you Editorial yahoos have any idea how bad all that hair itched as it was growing back? Bleah!)
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: MMB, you've been cancelled!!! - 08/26/13 10:38 PM
I heard a rumor we were being replaced by Monitor Board Canada!
Posted By: Blockade Boy Re: MMB, you've been cancelled!!! - 08/26/13 11:24 PM
Poutine yeah!
Posted By: Power Boy Re: MMB, you've been cancelled!!! - 08/27/13 12:30 AM
It's the final countdown.

We are going to start dropping like flies.
Posted By: Power Boy Re: MMB, you've been cancelled!!! - 08/27/13 12:31 AM
Originally Posted by Cobalt Kid
bump

I find it hard to believe IB has not sexed up this thread yet ... much less this forum.

<blank stare>
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: MMB, you've been cancelled!!! - 08/27/13 03:46 AM
I didn't know that I was the one with the reputation for sexing things up here! Must be all the gratuitous sex scenes Blaze and I had in LOTO.
Posted By: Power Boy Re: MMB, you've been cancelled!!! - 08/27/13 03:50 AM
Lash has retired.
Posted By: cleome57 Re: MMB, you've been cancelled!!! - 08/27/13 03:55 AM
Originally Posted by Invisible Brainiac
I didn't know that I was the one with the reputation for sexing things up here! Must be all the gratuitous sex scenes Blaze and I had in LOTO.

Take a hint from Peebs: Give us a drum solo while wearing satiny shorty-shorts.

(Cheese-tastic Eighties mullet optional.)
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: MMB, you've been cancelled!!! - 08/27/13 03:59 AM
I suppose I could resurrect the fishnet shorts that Spellbinder gave me way, way, way back.

Originally Posted by Power Boy
Lash has retired.

Those are mighty big shoes to fill. And you know what they say about men with big shoes...
Posted By: cleome57 Re: MMB, you've been cancelled!!! - 08/27/13 04:25 PM
I suppose I could resurrect the fishnet shorts that Spellbinder gave me way, way, way back.

I hope there was a cape and a top hat, too.

Originally Posted by Power Boy
Lash has retired.

Those are mighty big shoes to fill. And you know what they say about men with big shoes...

Uh... they go through a whole lot of shoelaces...?

confused
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: MMB, you've been cancelled!!! - 08/28/13 05:20 AM
I was going to say they have big feet, but then that wouldn't be true for clowns.

Originally Posted by cleome47

I hope there was a cape and a top hat, too.

Funny thing about that cape, there's a big hole right over my backside. It gets quite chilly when I'm flying.
Posted By: Power Boy Re: MMB, you've been cancelled!!! - 08/28/13 05:46 AM
I wonder ... why the cape then?
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: MMB, you've been cancelled!!! - 08/28/13 05:56 AM
To add some mystery, of course!
© Legion World