Legion World
Posted By: .. Brrrr...its cold - 12/05/06 12:14 PM
I think Frio is out and about tonight.... its -37C here right now.
Posted By: Kent Shakespeare Re: Brrrr...its cold - 12/05/06 07:25 PM
ouch!

it's brisk-to-chilly here, with light flurries (no accumulation), and I thought it was cold this morning!

you have my sympathies.
Posted By: Kid Marvel Re: Brrrr...its cold - 12/06/06 03:38 AM
Its SUMMER here and Im f'ing freezing. damn Climate change!
Posted By: Tamper Lad Re: Brrrr...its cold - 12/06/06 04:08 AM
But Deddy, It's Northern Alberta. Its a 'dry cold' tease
Posted By: Outdoor Miner Re: Brrrr...its cold - 12/06/06 07:16 AM
It's got to be cold if a dead man is complaining about the chill.
Posted By: Rockhopper Lad Re: Brrrr...its cold - 12/06/06 07:22 AM
Admittedly, it's nothing compared with what Deddy has to put up with up in Alberta, but it's actually been pretty nippy in Texas. It's gone below freezing several nights in the last week in Houston. Usually, we'll get a day or two of cold weather, then it warms up till the next cold front comes through, but this year, so far, there hasn't been much chance to warm up.

Well, maybe we'll have snow on Christmas Eve as we did two years ago. smile
Posted By: walkwithcrowds Re: Brrrr...its cold - 12/06/06 02:06 PM
Surprisingly, it's not all that cold here in Scotland.
Unsurprisingly it has rained non stop for the last two weeks.
The rain is actually off at the moment but it looks ready to start again soon.
Posted By: Ghost of Numf El Re: Brrrr...its cold - 12/06/06 02:43 PM
Yeah, you're right wwc - I spent the weekend stuck on an oilrig in the middle of the North Sea, and although there were 60 knot gusts of wind and driving rain, there has been very little sign of frost and absolutely no snow.

We don't normally get quite as much rain on the east coast as you do on your side though.
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: Brrrr...its cold - 12/06/06 04:24 PM
I know its cold when I have to spend that extra 45 seconds scraping my car windows before I drive off in the morning. I also am aware that I should let my car warm up and stuff, but bah!, I'm still young enough to not pay attention to such rigamorole.
Posted By: Tamper Lad Re: Brrrr...its cold - 12/06/06 05:03 PM
Where deddy is they don't ever turn their cars off. They just leave 'em running, even to gas up which is kinda a big no-no down here.

Especially anything running on diesel. Diesel turns into a pudding like substance at that temperature.

But its a dry cold. wink Why Deddy, -37 should feel just like 0 in Newfoundland because of the moist sea air out there.
Posted By: .. Re: Brrrr...its cold - 12/06/06 07:55 PM
Bah!!! Dry cold indeed!!!

Though it has warmed up here somewhat. Yesterday was a balmy -13C....haven't been out yet today.
Posted By: Kid Marvel Re: Brrrr...its cold - 12/07/06 03:27 AM
and now its fricking hot! gah!
Posted By: Kent Shakespeare Re: Brrrr...its cold - 12/07/06 03:30 AM
ah, stop yer braggin. I gotta walk to campus a mile each way in the cold.
Posted By: Outdoor Miner Re: Brrrr...its cold - 12/07/06 04:37 AM
It builds character.

I'm not sure what kind of character, but you should get some experience points out of the deal.
Posted By: Arachne Re: Brrrr...its cold - 12/07/06 04:58 AM
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
I know its cold when I have to spend that extra 45 seconds scraping my car windows before I drive off in the morning.
45 seconds? :rolleyes: It took me fifteen minutes to get half the ice off my car today. Now my wrist hurts. I ended up borrowing my mother's to keep from being late for an appointment.
Posted By: Frio Re: Brrrr...its cold - 12/07/06 06:27 AM
Originally posted by dedman:
I think Frio is out and about tonight.... its -37C here right now.
Hey, don't blame me! I've been good this winter. Honest. Maybe your perpetrator is someone a bit more... villanous these days.

PolarBoy3
Posted By: walkwithcrowds Re: Brrrr...its cold - 12/07/06 03:26 PM
Well, it's raining here...AGAIN!!!
There are floods everywhere.

It's still not very cold though. I suppose all the clouds must help retain the heat, or something.

Hey Numf! Good to hear from you mate.
Sorry to hear about the rotten weekend. Still, as the saying goes - "Just think of the money."
Posted By: .. Re: Brrrr...its cold - 12/07/06 08:56 PM
Originally posted by walkwithcrowds:
Still, as the saying goes - "Just think of the money."
That's how I get through it wink
Posted By: PolarBoy Re: Brrrr...its cold - 12/08/06 07:53 AM
damm it I thought this thread was going to be about how great I am.

Bah

one of these days i will snap and be the cause of a very forgetable 90's crossover event
Posted By: Ghost of Numf El Re: Brrrr...its cold - 12/08/06 09:22 AM
Originally posted by walkwithcrowds:
Well, it's raining here...AGAIN!!!
There are floods everywhere.

It's still not very cold though. I suppose all the clouds must help retain the heat, or something.

Hey Numf! Good to hear from you mate.
Sorry to hear about the rotten weekend. Still, as the saying goes - "Just think of the money."
Hi wwc - Sorry to hear about the flooding over at that side - my mate comes from Clydebank originally and he's had to say to his mum 'tell me when it's NOT raining!' Wet seems to be the natural state of things on the west coast. But flooding's never good.
My daughter was complaining about the rain a couple of months back, so I had to explain to her that if we didn't have as much rain water then we couldn't sell it to the English!

laugh

As for the offshore - 30 hours overtime + 3 days offshore bonus = a lot of thinking about the money!
It's part of the job, so you get used to it. I'm lucky in that I only have to do it 3 or 4 times a year. I don't think I could manage the 2 or 3 week stints that the regulars do.
Posted By: Lad Boy Re: Brrrr...its cold - 12/08/06 04:03 PM
23 F here this morning -- too cold for us Blackberry junkies to use the tiny keyboards. I predict the US government will come to halt unless it warms up a bit.
Posted By: Tamper Lad Re: Brrrr...its cold - 12/08/06 04:14 PM
NONSENSE!!!

The Blackberry was invented in Waterloo Ontario and they have 16 F with gusty winds. DOn't make us send Basillie down there for a test. Fortunately for Blackberry addicts in the city of its invention they will be out of the snow squall warning area. Areas to the west and north of greater Toronto are reporting accumulations of 55 centimeters.

But i'm happy report mainly sunny but crisp here in the city.
Posted By: Kent Shakespeare Re: Brrrr...its cold - 12/08/06 10:25 PM
I bought one of those hats with the big furry earflaps today. Walking is a bit more pleasant and comfy now.
Posted By: Outdoor Miner Re: Brrrr...its cold - 12/09/06 05:59 AM
Originally posted by Lad Boy:
I predict the US government will come to halt unless it warms up a bit.
Just wait until it starts snowing. They'll jack up the threat level as soon as the first flake hits the ground.
Posted By: matlock Re: Brrrr...its cold - 12/09/06 07:19 AM
It's going down in the teens here tonight, the fahrenheit ones. Still too cold for me though, especially with no snow in sight. It's not even cloudy! I just don't see how you brave souls handle this on a regular basis. I'm all dried out and itchy. I need the humidity and heat back soon.
Posted By: walkwithcrowds Re: Brrrr...its cold - 12/09/06 12:12 PM
"It's going down in the teens here tonight"

# Heh, heh, heh #
Posted By: CJ Taylor Re: Brrrr...its cold - 12/09/06 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Rockhopper Lad:
Admittedly, it's nothing compared with what Deddy has to put up with up in Alberta, but it's actually been pretty nippy in Texas. It's gone below freezing several nights in the last week in Houston. Usually, we'll get a day or two of cold weather, then it warms up till the next cold front comes through, but this year, so far, there hasn't been much chance to warm up.

Well, maybe we'll have snow on Christmas Eve as we did two years ago. smile
I spent an Xmas in Texas. It felt tropical compared to the MN winters. I was wearing shorts, and enjoying it.
Posted By: Tamper Lad Re: Brrrr...its cold - 12/09/06 05:37 PM
Originally posted by matlock:
It's going down in the teens here tonight, the fahrenheit ones. Still too cold for me though, especially with no snow in sight. It's not even cloudy! I just don't see how you brave souls handle this on a regular basis. I'm all dried out and itchy. I need the humidity and heat back soon.
Our skin does dry out but typically our central heating units have a humidifier that puts water into the indoor air. So the worst dry skin condition is usually in late October before we enable these systems.

One day when i retire i am going to drive an old car with a snow blower on the roof rack and the power cord for the engine block heater sticking out the front.

When I get to a roadside gas stop and the attendant asks what the thing on the roof is and why i need to gas up my electric car I will have reached the promised land.
Posted By: matlock Re: Brrrr...its cold - 12/09/06 06:38 PM
And why are your tires in chains? Grimbor working down at the Firestone dealer?

Seriously, I'll take Mother Nature's randomly alloted attempts to snuff my life out with tornadoes or heatstroke over a relentless campaign of slow creeping frozen death any time.
Posted By: Arachne Re: Brrrr...its cold - 12/10/06 04:27 AM
Frozen death's the easy way, it's when you set your house on fire that you've got a problem.

I've started hearing predictions of a green Christmas in Ottawa! The horror!
Posted By: Quislet, Esq Re: Brrrr...its cold - 12/10/06 04:42 AM
Originally posted by Outdoor Miner:
Originally posted by Lad Boy:
[b] I predict the US government will come to halt unless it warms up a bit.
Just wait until it starts snowing. They'll jack up the threat level as soon as the first flake hits the ground. [/b]
I had a friend who grew up in Virginia. He claimed that they would close the school for "threat of snow".
Posted By: .. Re: Brrrr...its cold - 12/10/06 05:55 AM
since I made this topis it has warmed up quite a bit....the last few days have been around 0 C and its expected to stay the same till at least Friday!
Posted By: Outdoor Miner Re: Brrrr...its cold - 12/10/06 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
Originally posted by Outdoor Miner:
[b] Just wait until it starts snowing. They'll jack up the threat level as soon as the first flake hits the ground.
I had a friend who grew up in Virginia. He claimed that they would close the school for "threat of snow".[/b]
He isn't far wrong.

I thought they overdid the drama back in Cincinnati, but it's even worse here.
Posted By: Kent Shakespeare Re: Brrrr...its cold - 12/10/06 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Arachne:
I've started hearing predictions of a green Christmas in Ottawa! The horror!
Is that allowed? Doesn't that summon the Wendigo?
Posted By: Outdoor Miner Re: Brrrr...its cold - 12/10/06 10:42 PM
As long as he brings beer, what's the problem?
Posted By: Arachne Re: Brrrr...its cold - 12/11/06 04:06 AM
Ah, a reminder: must get uncle some Guiness for Christmas.

I hope it's not a green christmas, but better that than freezing rain. shudder
Posted By: Outdoor Miner Re: Brrrr...its cold - 12/11/06 04:51 PM
Yay! I helped someone get beer! smile

Definitely hope you don't get freezing rain anytime soon.
Posted By: Kent Shakespeare Re: Brrrr...its cold - 12/11/06 06:24 PM
don't even mention that! some of us are on foot, ya know.
Posted By: walkwithcrowds Re: Brrrr...its cold - 12/12/06 01:34 AM
Well, it is STILL(!!!!!) raining here.
I couldn't sleep last night and just lay in bed and listened to the rain pelting off the window.
I really love it when you wrapped up all nice and warm and you can here the wind and thunder outside.

Sadly, when the alarm went off and it was time to get up the weather sounded even worse.
So I ended up having to walk to work in the peeing rain and having to spend the first twenty minutes at work walking about in soaking wet trousers. AGAIN!!!!!

That part I DIDN'T like as much.

It's still not very cold though. So at least that's something.
Posted By: CJ Taylor Re: Brrrr...its cold - 12/28/06 05:43 PM
We're lucky in that it hasn't been terribly cold. Just very snowy.
Posted By: Outdoor Miner Re: Brrrr...its cold - 12/28/06 05:47 PM
Hasn't been bad here at all either.

A pleasant surprise.
Posted By: Kent Shakespeare Re: Brrrr...its cold - 12/28/06 11:16 PM
we've had two light cots of snow, one late Christmas (that largely melted the next day) and one last night. open areas have a thin coat and the sidewalks are a little slippery, but other than that it's not much different than it's been.
Posted By: Arachne Re: Brrrr...its cold - 12/29/06 05:16 AM
We got a green Christmas and a white Boxing Day. There's not a huge amount of snow, but it looks like what's fallen is going to stick around. I think it's supposed to get colder in the next few days, too. It's about time; this as been a nightmare for the winter sports industry.
Posted By: Fat Cramer Re: Brrrr...its cold - 12/29/06 11:03 AM
Now it's (a little) cold here - and everyone's whining or saying "Oh, we're just not used to it anymore!"
Posted By: walkwithcrowds Re: Brrrr...its cold - 12/29/06 04:13 PM
Still raining and still (quite) warm.
Posted By: Kent Shakespeare Re: Brrrr...its cold - 12/30/06 08:41 PM
snowing today.
Posted By: Arachne Re: Brrrr...its cold - 12/31/06 03:59 AM
We're getting freezing rain on Sunday night from 12am to 3am. Glad I don't have New Year's Eve plans.
Posted By: Kid Marvel Re: Brrrr...its cold - 12/31/06 07:05 AM
Fragging Hot. sucks to be you America tongue
Posted By: Outdoor Miner Re: Brrrr...its cold - 01/01/07 01:08 AM
It's rather nice here right now.
Posted By: matlock Re: Brrrr...its cold - 01/01/07 05:57 AM
I had to run the AC for a little while today. It got kind of stuffy in here.
Posted By: Kent Shakespeare Re: Brrrr...its cold - 01/02/07 07:43 PM
It warmed up again yesterday. snow's melted, and it's only slightly chilly when you're in the breeze.
Posted By: Arachne Re: Brrrr...its cold - 01/03/07 04:22 AM
The snow's going. There's no more expected. frown
Posted By: Fat Cramer Re: Brrrr...its cold - 01/03/07 11:33 AM
I hate this weather. I fear this weather. But if you can't beat it, join it. I am going to plant lettuce tomorrow.
Posted By: Vee Re: Brrrr...its cold - 01/03/07 01:10 PM
Rained all day yesterday frown
Posted By: Lad Boy Re: Brrrr...its cold - 01/03/07 02:23 PM
It's barely 60 here today; I may have to wear a shirt.
Posted By: walkwithcrowds Re: Brrrr...its cold - 01/03/07 04:16 PM
Oh No!!
Don't do it Lad Boy!!

Please don't cover up that Hot Bod.
Anyway...the cold makes your nipples "perky"
Posted By: CJ Taylor Re: Brrrr...its cold - 01/05/07 07:16 AM
snow here... again
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: Brrrr...its cold - 01/05/07 07:46 AM
And here. Nearly eight inches at our place by the time I got home tonight. Temp dropped from 40 to 28 on the drive too so the damn stuff is stuck in my drive way and walk again. mad
Posted By: Outdoor Miner Re: Brrrr...its cold - 01/06/07 04:02 AM
Still nothin' here.
Posted By: Kent Shakespeare Re: Brrrr...its cold - 01/06/07 08:43 PM
Went home. 200 miles to the south, they've had nada - even less than the iddy biddy we've had and lost here.

The ski centers have got to be hurting. Even Whiteface (of 1980s Olympic fame) only has a couple trails open towards the top.
Posted By: Quislet, Esq Re: Brrrr...its cold - 01/06/07 11:21 PM
Over 60 degrees in Boston today. freaky. I think some trees even had buds on them. No snow means drought in the summer.
Posted By: Rockhopper Lad Re: Brrrr...its cold - 01/07/07 12:24 AM
It's 65F in Houston. That's actually about normal for this time of year, but to be the same temperature as Boston in January is weird.

Of course, we have a weird pattern here in the winter. I think I mentioned it before, but we'll have a cold front pass through and it can get really cold--below freezing--then it will warm up to the 70s then another cold front will come through and start the whole cycle over.

It goes on like that till March when we have about a month of lovely weather, then in April it gets really hot and humid and stays that way till late October. Then we have another few weeks of lovely weather, followed by another off-and-on winter.

Of course, that's not to mention the hurricanes, tornadoes and thunderstorms.
Posted By: Quislet, Esq Re: Brrrr...its cold - 01/07/07 12:39 AM
That reminds me of the Wizard World in Dallas that I attended a couple of years ago. (Ah road trip with Pov and getting stuck in Arkansas mud) There were these two girls there wearing Sailor Moon costumes on Friday and Saturday. On Sunday (75 degrees out) I heard someone ask them why they didn't wear them that day. Their response? "It is too cold."
Posted By: Arachne Re: Brrrr...its cold - 01/07/07 04:33 AM
We're supposed to get snow and rain on Monday. The ski hills are laying people off. Tourists are coming to skate on the Rideau Canal and it's not frozen. People are starting to wonder what's going to happen to Winterlude in February.
Posted By: Outdoor Miner Re: Brrrr...its cold - 01/07/07 06:20 PM
It's a beautiful spring day today. It was a beautiful spring day yesterday.

I can only imagine what summer is going to be like if this keeps up.
Posted By: CJ Taylor Re: Brrrr...its cold - 01/08/07 03:58 AM
I will give you all a weather update as soon as I can out past the snow drifts...
Posted By: .. Re: Brrrr...its cold - 01/08/07 09:06 PM
Our warm spell is over....-20C today
Posted By: Kent Shakespeare Re: Brrrr...its cold - 01/10/07 08:20 PM
chillier than last week. we had flurries yesterday, but nothing stuck.
Posted By: Kid Prime Re: Brrrr...its cold - 01/10/07 09:22 PM
Gosh! Next week they're predicting our highs here in Huntsville, Alabama to be in the mid-30s!

That's COLD for us southern boys!
Posted By: walkwithcrowds Re: Brrrr...its cold - 01/11/07 02:51 AM
It's STILL(!!!!) raining here.
It's really windy as well but it's still,quite, mild for the time of year.

It's weird but here, in Glasgow, it has hardly stopped raining in the last 5 weeks, but in England they are having drought warnings!?
Posted By: Arachne Re: Brrrr...its cold - 01/11/07 04:13 AM
We've got snow now, but rain's expected on Friday. Looks like the temperature's going to stay down after that for while.
Posted By: Outdoor Miner Re: Brrrr...its cold - 01/11/07 06:04 AM
It's gotten colder here, with some rain off and on.

I'm almost relieved.
Posted By: CJ Taylor Re: Brrrr...its cold - 01/11/07 07:02 AM
shake
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: Brrrr...its cold - 01/11/07 04:27 PM
Good luck Ceej!
Posted By: Kent Shakespeare Re: Brrrr...its cold - 01/11/07 07:51 PM
Ice pellets(!?) predicted for the weekend. Is that the new freezing rain or sleet? Did I miss that memo?
Posted By: Lard Lad Re: Brrrr...its cold - 01/11/07 09:27 PM
Man,it's so cold, I need a cozy to keep my thang warm!

Hmmm...maybe we could freeze Cobalt's off! laugh
Posted By: Kent Shakespeare Re: Brrrr...its cold - 01/12/07 12:26 AM
hmmm... what that could do for global popualtion control and (Legion) World peace...
Posted By: Outdoor Miner Re: Brrrr...its cold - 01/12/07 06:55 AM
I never thought I'd actually come to miss snow, but here we are.
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: Brrrr...its cold - 01/12/07 10:58 PM
2:00 in the afternoon and the temp is still in the teens with a wind chill in the double negative digits. And this is the warmest it will get all weekend. shudder
Posted By: Arachne Re: Brrrr...its cold - 01/13/07 04:32 AM
I like snow. Within limits, of course. It's freezing rain that causes most of the disasters around here.
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: Brrrr...its cold - 01/13/07 07:03 AM
They just adjusted our forecast for the weekend.

Tomorrow's high: 8
Tomorrow's low: -10 (non-wind chill)

Sunday's high: 10
Sunday's low: -6 (non-wind chill)

Which is just great as I've caught Caroline's cold and have lost my voice. I think I'll just stay in bed all weekend.
Posted By: Saturn Girl Re: Brrrr...its cold - 01/13/07 10:33 AM
Oh dammit!! Why do people only get to spend the weekend in bed when they are to sick to care where they are? Blah..... More Cold Eze tablets and orange juice and green tea and Vitamin C cold drops and these vitamin supplement drinks called Immune, and cranberry extract pills. Maybe we can both get better by Sunday and then make use of the holiday Monday?? (Fingers crossed)
Posted By: Outdoor Miner Re: Brrrr...its cold - 01/13/07 04:26 PM
I'd send you a cyberhug but I don't want to catch what you have. smile

Seriously, I hope you both get well soon.
Posted By: Kent Shakespeare Re: Brrrr...its cold - 01/13/07 07:56 PM
Get well, guys!
Posted By: Outdoor Miner Re: Brrrr...its cold - 01/14/07 01:30 AM
It's another great day here today.
Posted By: rtvu2 Re: Brrrr...its cold - 01/15/07 07:22 PM
Ice storm in Austin. I get to work from home and post on Legionworld all day long!
Posted By: Rockhopper Lad Re: Brrrr...its cold - 01/15/07 07:35 PM
That ice storm is supposed to hit Houston tonight. I was already off today for MLK Day, but I wouldn't be too surprised if Houston shuts down tomorrow.
Posted By: Outdoor Miner Re: Brrrr...its cold - 01/15/07 10:47 PM
Good luck to all of you out there.
Posted By: Arachne Re: Brrrr...its cold - 01/16/07 04:27 AM
It wsa a slow driving day here, but at least we didn't get any freezing rain like Southern Ontario and the States. We're into the deepfreeze tomorrow, it seems.
Posted By: Kid Prime Re: Brrrr...its cold - 01/16/07 06:07 PM
BRRRR!!!

It's about 25 degrees here today.

Once again, for north central Alabama, this is COLD.
Posted By: Tamper Lad Re: Brrrr...its cold - 01/16/07 07:02 PM
Alright can someone tell me why GOTransit is always unprepared for bad weather?

Freezing rail switches delaying trains indeed. Last time i checked, Canada can expect freezing weather at least 4 months of the year.

Oh wait its operated by the government? Never mind I have answered my own question. Guys you don't need to buy any more hot-air blowers to thaw the switches. Just move the Legislature to the railyards.
Posted By: Kent Shakespeare Re: Brrrr...its cold - 01/16/07 08:37 PM
We got a bit of snow yesterday, but nothing too bad.

It's the beginning of orientation for the international students, so I got to drive back and forth to the local airport and bus stations, only to find lots of delays or cancellations (Albany to the south was hit by ice). Today, I get to drive to Burlington airport to pick up some Chinese kids whose flights got delayed.

It's chilly and sub-zero, but not really all that bad.
Posted By: Arachne Re: Brrrr...its cold - 01/17/07 04:39 AM
Apparently it was -25 with the wind chill today. It didn't feel quite that bad to me, but I didn't stay out long enough to be sure.
Posted By: Arachne Re: Brrrr...its cold - 01/27/07 04:25 AM
The Rideau Canal is finaly open for skating. I don't know why I'm happy about this, I don't even own skates anymore.
Posted By: Outdoor Miner Re: Brrrr...its cold - 01/27/07 02:59 PM
It's a sign that things are normal?
Posted By: Arachne Re: Brrrr...its cold - 01/28/07 04:28 AM
What's normal?
Posted By: Outdoor Miner Re: Brrrr...its cold - 01/29/07 03:20 AM
Good question.

It's still weird here, weather-wise. Friday was wintry with a short blast of snow. Yesterday was another great Spring day. Today, it was ice cold again.
Posted By: Arachne Re: Brrrr...its cold - 01/29/07 04:23 AM
We're into the minus double digits till the end of the week, at least.
Posted By: CJ Taylor Re: Brrrr...its cold - 01/29/07 06:40 AM
Okay, suddenly all this snow doesn't seem so bad. Stay warm up there.
Posted By: Kent Shakespeare Re: Brrrr...its cold - 01/29/07 07:21 PM
It's been bitter cold some days (and especially nights! ouch!) but yesterday wasn't too bad, and today's not too bad either.
Posted By: Kent Shakespeare Re: Brrrr...its cold - 01/29/07 07:24 PM
Lake Champlain still isn't fully frozen over - only the bays, and some shallow areas over on the Vermont side. Went for a drive in the Adirondacks yesterday, and plenty of lakes are quite frozen over, and fishing huts are out. The Ottawa River, too (I saw that on Saturday), people were hauling huts out onto the river.
Posted By: Frio Re: Brrrr...its cold - 01/31/07 10:25 AM
Well, I for one am glad for the cold! Feels just lovely. laugh You lot ought to be more open-minded about it!
Posted By: .. Re: Brrrr...its cold - 11/17/11 07:22 PM
Well winter has arrived again in full force.
Past week has been at least -10C or colder with my last nightshift hitting -17C
Posted By: future king Re: Brrrr...its cold - 11/18/11 12:21 PM
Southern Ontario's feeling the cold yesterday too (it actually snowed for an hour). It's supposed to go up to seasonal high single digits for the rest of the week though.
Posted By: ActorLad Re: Brrrr...its cold - 11/25/11 10:39 PM
I hope everybody stays safe in this cold front (and back).
Posted By: future king Re: Brrrr...its cold - 11/26/11 12:43 PM
Actually yesterday it was a nice September like 13 degrees C with tons of sun, and today's it's going to be 12 and sunny.

YES, summer's back!!! laugh
© Legion World