Roll Call
0 members (), 33 Murran Spies, and 107 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LIV - Two Jokers Now?!?
by Ann Hebistand - 06/16/24 06:55 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Ann Hebistand - 06/16/24 06:49 AM
Postlo3w stories *LATEST UPDATE 10 JUNE*
by razsolo - 06/16/24 04:27 AM
Why he was arrested.
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/16/24 02:49 AM
Alt Id's I might consider changing to ....
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/16/24 02:47 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/16/24 02:47 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/16/24 02:46 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/16/24 02:45 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Legion of Super-Heroes #6 (Preview & Spoilers)
#614467 10/19/10 01:06 PM
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
Newsarama has a preview of Legion #6 with both covers. Check it out!

Didn't Levitz say the url to the Vote for Leader website would be on the cover? They probably didn't want us voting early because of this preview, so maybe it'll be somewhere else.

Re: Legion of Super-Heroes #6 (Preview & Spoilers)
#614468 10/19/10 01:44 PM
Active
Active
the pages seem out of order. i like the art.
Brainy's ring modification explains Earth Man's heroic nature.
notice that Yera is mentioned.
can't wait for this issue!!

Gorilla Nebula
#614469 10/19/10 02:25 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Oh, the Titanian mistook Phantom Girl for a tulpa.

It's just little things like this that blow me away.

When he's on, he's on.

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
#614470 10/19/10 03:56 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I really liked the art as well. All right we are getting more Colossal Boy! Hmm, Shady did seem pretty authentic here...

I can't wait also!

#614471 10/19/10 09:36 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Nice preview. Welcome back, Marte Allon. Totally agree with Set's tulpa sentiment.

Beauty's where you find it. Not just where you bump and grind it.
#614472 10/19/10 09:40 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Looks like another nice issue.

#614473 10/19/10 10:18 PM
S
Active
Active
S
That was one of the best hugs in Legion history.

Aaron Kashtan/Sir Tim Drake
#614474 10/19/10 10:54 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Gosh - the art in that preview is excellent! We are really lucky to have Portela on this book. And Cinar too.

The effect on Shady's cape is weird but I think I really like it.

Nice writing as well. Between this and the much-improved Adventure Comics I think Paul has definitely found his groove again.

My sad prediction though - Marte Allon is going to be the next victim of the Durlan Revenge Squad. frown

#614475 10/20/10 12:02 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Beautiful art.

I'm glad I embraced Umbra long ago as MY Shady.
I can't stand this one, her look or her personality (although, I like the cape effect, it's just not all that original.)
But oh, well.

This development, if it stands, just goes to point out how retro boot this really is.

I wonder if we'll ever see the REAL original boot, someday.
Probably just in reprints.

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#614476 10/20/10 03:32 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
Originally posted by Blacula:
My sad prediction though - Marte Allon is going to be the next victim of the Durlan Revenge Squad. frown
You got that feeling too, huh? I reaaalllllly hope not. I like Marte (more than Colossal Boy to be honest!), and I really don't want to see any more of the Legion's support cast taken out for a while...

This preview has served to make me want to give the Shady/Earth-Man thing a second chance. I have been outright condemning it up till now, but if it's being used to show how Talokkian mores/ethics differ to Earth's, that's at least an interesting path to take with it. Plus, I was coincidentally reminded today that Shady pretty quickly and immediately shifted her affection from Brainy to Mon-El once upon a time, so there is precedent I guess. I still don't LOVE it, but I am willing to see where it goes.

On an unrelated note, I kind of dig the subtle implication that Tinya has issues with respecting privacy too....I have always wondered how natives of Bgztl feel about privacy when it must be really hard for them to actually ever genuinely have any...

#614477 10/20/10 05:37 AM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Set:
Oh, the Titanian mistook Phantom Girl for a tulpa.

It's just little things like this that blow me away.

When he's on, he's on.
It's just a shame that the Titanians are all drawn as Caucasions despite their Asian ancestry.

"Our devotion to each other was unexplainable"
"You were kids"
"No Batman, we were Legion"
#614478 10/20/10 09:04 AM
S
Active
Active
S
Originally posted by razsolo:
On an unrelated note, I kind of dig the subtle implication that Tinya has issues with respecting privacy too....I have always wondered how natives of Bgztl feel about privacy when it must be really hard for them to actually ever genuinely have any...
This topic comes up in Tinya's origin story in Secret Origins #42, although that story was written by the Bierbaums, so Paul is probably ignoring it.

#614479 10/20/10 01:24 PM
Applicant
Applicant
Best Legion story I've read in a long time. The Legion Academy piece will blow some people's minds I'm sure. Paul is getting his writer's instincts back.

The artwork was excellent. Enjoy folks!

#614480 10/20/10 05:31 PM
Active
Active
OMG, I've got a new favorite Legion Academy student!!!

Listen to the Completely Comics Podcast at http://completelycomics.wordpress.com/
#614481 10/20/10 05:34 PM
S
Active
Active
S
The first story in this issue was very, very good. I loved the focus on Shady and Tinya, and it was nice to see Vi and Ayla together. Paul did a great job of getting lots of characters into the story.

I wasn't quite as impressed with the second story, but I just don't like Phil Jimenez's artwork. Of the Academy students, Variable Lad was easily my favorite.

#614482 10/20/10 06:03 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Here is the review I posted on Facebook:
I love the Legion. I always have and I always will. With the new series, I have been waiting for things to switch into high gear.

I didn't and still don't care for Earth Man. But now that his initial arc is over, I am interested in seeing what he does next. Do I trust him? Nope. And while I understand the need to rotate characters in and out, we still haven't seen XS or Night Girl or Star Boy. With 25 active members, I fear it will be later rather than sooner that we see them. But I REALLY want Thom back!

The Legion Academy Story was amazing! Although I love Gravity Kid's costume, I really don't understand why that particular power set when Thom is floating around unused. Chemical Kid? Hell yea! Dragonwing rocks too! Actually, I love all the new class but I hope that doesn't mean the last class won't be around.

A couple other notes:

1) Cosmic Boy confirms Pol's death which means Magic Wars DID happen.

2) Duplicate Damsel! YAY! She kept those powers!

3) Karate Kid - What the hell is up with jeckie? It kind of creeped me out and endeared her to me all at the same time!

Oh and Leader Elections. Yes, I voted for Sensor Girl because Thom wasn't available. Dreamy would have been my next choice.

Looking forward to whatever comes next!

Touch the magic...
#614483 10/20/10 06:10 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
It just, I, I don't-

MANDALLA! WESTERNER! LAMPREY! NIGHTWIND! THE FLOATING FISHES!

I'm in love.

#614484 10/20/10 06:42 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Vi taking Ayla on vacation and a hand on the hip.

laugh

new characters

laugh

Jimenez

laugh

#614485 10/20/10 07:56 PM
Leader
Leader
1. Wouldn't it have made more sense to switch this cover with the last one?

2. Love the artwork!

3. I like the IDEA of Shady's cape trailing blackness behind it, but the execution wasn't so hot.

4. Still not buying Shady and Earth Man together, especially considering his parting comment about not having to like aliens. Uh, didn't you just sleep with one? And wasn't Mon-El enough of a he-man warrior for her? Why can't we have Duplicate Boy instead of Earth Man?

5. Didn't like Brainy cowering before EM either. Hello? You have a force shield and you're WAY smarter than he is. Being intimidated doesn't suit you.

6. LOVED seeing Luornu again, but wish she was an active member. I like the costume ok. Better than some of the others anyway.

7. Why oh why do we have to keep bringing K Kid back from the dead? Enough already! Kinda creeped me out that Jeckie is sleeping with his bloody uniform. Holy Jackie Kennedy, Batman!

8. Is Chemical Kid related to Condo? He has the same powers and is from the same planet, but Condo was a mutant. I think somebody must be confused about everyone on Phlon having that power. Seems like he should've had a clue about fire being a chemical reaction.

Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com
#614486 10/20/10 09:50 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Lots to like with this issue. Levitz and Company are on a roll.

Portela did a great job on the first story. I like Cinar's work, but the Legion really does work best with two solid rotating artists. Portela is welcome to stay for the long haul, as far as I'm concerned. The opening page with Gim, Tasmia, and Tinya flying over the Himalayas is beautiful.

Tasmia tending to cactus. Nice touch as she comes from a desert planet. I wonder if that was Levitz' idea or something that Portela added.

Hmm. It looks like Tasmia has a real attraction for Earth Man. I'm surprisingly okay with this. Her explanation works.

I'm taking the Vi and Ayla scene as evidence that they are a couple. Hope I'm not reading too much into it, because this is a development I want to see.

The second story was also top notch. Did someone say they didn't care for Jimenez? Really? I'm stunned. His work here is awesome. I would have expected nothing less. Comet Queen is great fun and I'm glad to see her. The new kids are all great.

It was nice to see Pol's status confirmed. My only quibble is with the Sensor Girl/Karate Kid interlude. It seemed out of place.

Next month: The mystery of Dr. Harmonia Li. I'll be there.

#614487 10/20/10 09:52 PM
Active
Active
I enjoyed this issue completely. I am still not an Earth Man fan, but he definitely is getting interesting.

Love Chemical Kid! I am already a fan.

Urk and the Fishes... Yay!!

I am confused about Karate Kid. Do the three sticks symbolize that this is his third life? Does he have 9 lives like Wildcat? I want to know more.

Dragonwing? OMG.. i'm in love!

Jeckie... you're getting a bit creepy..

Am i the only one who doesn't like Timber Wolf's ID box? His powers should be Agility and Super Speed.. not enhanced senses and claws.

Listen to the Completely Comics Podcast at http://completelycomics.wordpress.com/
#614488 10/20/10 09:56 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I'm with you Crymsun Kid. Brin's powers should include agility but not claws.

#614489 10/20/10 10:06 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
What? No healing factor? wink

#614490 10/20/10 10:14 PM
S
Active
Active
S
I liked the cactus too. It's appropriate that Shady would enjoy plants that can grow in the shade. smile

After reading this issue, I fully understand why Shady is sleeping with Kirt. I don't really approve, but it seems entirely consistent with her established character.

#614491 10/20/10 11:55 PM
Active
Active
i feel robbed!
after the cover, i was expecting a blow out issue, but it was just more set-up. the cover made no sense as we knew it was Shady last issue. i guess Shady must be Shady if her cape is leaking that shadow effect. (looks more like hair!)
her warrior explanation did read like her, although it didn't address why she left Mon-El. so, what are we left with?
Brainy's ring was giving him morals, now that he took it off he'll revert to being a bigot. bye bye Shady?
i didn't buy that Brainy would feel intimidated by this jerk after facing much greater threats.
the art all around was great. the back-up was interesting. liked Gravity Kid's Grell-like costume, although i ca't figure out his facial hair thing. Chemical Kid!! Yay! not a Comet Queen fan but she didn't annoy me here.
interesting that Chuck is away at a reunion when new GL is to be chosen soon. the Projectra interlude was very WTF, although i applaud the KK issue being addressed. i'm all for him being back. all in all an interesting issue, although i'm strongly hankering for a strong villain. i've seen the "Earth Man in action" scene too many times already. how can someone who borrows powers be a greater hero than those who rightfully possess those abilities and have years of experience? it reads false. i want Tyroc to scream this guy into oblivion. bring on Harmonia Li.

Gorilla Nebula
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,028
Posts1,046,186
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires