Roll Call
0 members (), 30 Murran Spies, and 113 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LIV - Two Jokers Now?!?
by Ann Hebistand - 06/16/24 06:55 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Ann Hebistand - 06/16/24 06:49 AM
Postlo3w stories *LATEST UPDATE 10 JUNE*
by razsolo - 06/16/24 04:27 AM
Why he was arrested.
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/16/24 02:49 AM
Alt Id's I might consider changing to ....
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/16/24 02:47 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/16/24 02:47 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/16/24 02:46 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/16/24 02:45 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: LSH #7-- Spoilers and Stuff!
#31593 07/03/05 05:38 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Hm... could be. Or maybe an friend of his... maybe even a girlfriend?

#31594 07/05/05 04:14 PM
Candidate
Candidate
Hmmm... I just read through this entire post on Issue #7 but didn't see anyone directly comment on a few additional "clues" regarding Lemnos:

He can miniaturize.
He can bypass force fields.
He can cloak himself (invisibility?).

I was starting to think Lemnos might possibly be a reboot of Duplicate Boy -- especially since preliminary artwork for the cover introducing the Terror Firma gang seemed to depict some of the heroes of Lallor before it was changed. But Lemnos was affected by Light Lass' power and also signalled that he needed to be picked up, so I guess that's a big NO to the Duplicate Boy identity.

#31595 07/05/05 04:28 PM
Trap Timer
OP Offline
Trap Timer
I assume his ability to shrink and bypass the force field is simply a result of access to Coluan technology. The "cloaking" ability I think is simply a byproduct of his memory powers. People see him, but instantly forget he's there.

#31596 07/05/05 07:03 PM
The Infinite Man--of Gripes! (and--of Space!)
Originally posted by Size Lad:
Hmmm... I just read through this entire post on Issue #7 but didn't see anyone directly comment on a few additional "clues" regarding Lemnos:

He can miniaturize.
He can bypass force fields.
He can cloak himself (invisibility?).

I was starting to think Lemnos might possibly be a reboot of Duplicate Boy -- especially since preliminary artwork for the cover introducing the Terror Firma gang seemed to depict some of the heroes of Lallor before it was changed. But Lemnos was affected by Light Lass' power and also signalled that he needed to be picked up, so I guess that's a big NO to the Duplicate Boy identity.
That's an interesting theory, Size Lad.

If the meek shall inherit inherit the Earth, then I at least want Baffin Island - and a property manager to work for me who is made of sterner stuff than I.
#31597 07/05/05 11:22 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Good eye Size Lad. Like EDE i think the first two are just technology based. The cloaking I saw as his memory power as well.

But add super strength and flight as well to his powers.

#31598 07/05/05 11:23 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Also it's issue #7. Already kinda tired of Lemnos. A sign that things are moving a bit slow no? Terror Firma on the other hand I can't wait for!

#31599 07/06/05 12:56 AM
Leader
Leader
So much internal strife - can't they just all get along? I think Brainiac and Cosmic Boy should have a staring contest for leadership of the team. First one who blinks has to give up the power struggle and wear Cosmic Boy's 70s bustier costume. That would be like, the most intense issue ever! eek

#31600 07/06/05 01:07 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
The thought of Brainy in the Rokky Horror corset suit does have me giggling... maybe he and Cos should *both* wear one and *then* have a staring contest. It'd be quite distracting... and possibly *intense*!

Really though, I think it's time for the return of the Planetary Chance Machine.

"Konk!"

#31601 07/08/05 01:33 PM
M
Leader
Leader
M
I got this issue late, and I am still getting kind of bored with this series. The page with Exposition Boy aka Chameleon Boy explaining his antennae made me kind of cringe. Hadn't he ever met Light Lass before? Wouldn't his antennae have popped out then?

Does he scan each discrete species once and from that point the exterior appearences are not based on scans? Would a member of a species he's already scanned but who has an active meta-gene trigger his antennae? At any rate, that scene made me long for the Levitz era Encyclopedia Galactica entries etc. Sure, they were just shovelling dry factoids out at the reader, but it wasn't wrapped up in awkward dialogue.

As for the rest, I am still waiting for something to happen... We didn't learn much this issue aside from some info on Brainy and Colu. And I don't really think I was ready for a Brainy spotlight yet. Light Lass was the saving grace for the issue, she handles Brainy well. And I was happy to see a "killing time on a Cruiser" scene again. It's been too long. It was more fun than all the Lemnos stuff combined, Exposition Boy notwithstanding.

And Barry's art still hasn't let me down, though the pages inked by the other fellow that isn't Thibert (I don't have the issue in front of me unfortunately) don't look as good.

#31602 07/08/05 07:00 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I believe Cham was scanning the konapple that Light Lass was holding, not Light Lass herself. He said something about it being a new variety, I think.

I'm really glad the cruisers are back, too. They have so much potential for character development.

arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six
#31603 07/08/05 07:09 PM
Trap Timer
OP Offline
Trap Timer
Originally posted by Arachne:
I believe Cham was scanning the konapple that Light Lass was holding, not Light Lass herself. He said something about it being a new variety, I think.
Yeah, but the question is why he needed to explain why he was doing it to Light Lass. She should be familiar with how his power works. The dialogue seemed a bit forced by the need for exposition, which probably could have been better done in a caption or Encylopedia Galactica entry.

#31604 07/08/05 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Arachne:
...I'm really glad the cruisers are back, too. They have so much potential for character development.
Yeah, I agree. Although I like the transmatter notion in some ways, it's a little too "deus ex machina" for my taste, and tends to place the Legion more in the fantasy realm rather than the realm of science fiction (for me, at least).

If the meek shall inherit inherit the Earth, then I at least want Baffin Island - and a property manager to work for me who is made of sterner stuff than I.
#31605 07/09/05 01:41 AM
Active
Active
The whole transporter question gets a deal of attention of the next couple of issues so hopefully all your questions will be answered.

One of the reasons a cruiser was needed to get to Colu is that it's pretty heavily shielded with forcefields. Only when would-be visitors are close enough for thorough scans are they able to breach the security set up.

Yep - the point of the Cham/Konapple scene was that whenever he comes into contact with a 'new' life-form he scans it instinctively. This is why Lemnos' presence was revealed by Cham's antenna popping out even though they appeared to be alone on Colu.

(I'm sure it's the writer's job to explain this stuff laugh )

Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com
#31606 07/09/05 02:39 PM
Active
Active
Yeah, but the question is why he needed to explain why he was doing it to Light Lass. She should be familiar with how his power works. The dialogue seemed a bit forced by the need for exposition, which probably could have been better done in a caption or Encylopedia Galactica entry.
well, so far the team members have showed an amazing lack of knowledge about each other. so Light Lass not knowing about the scanning stuff doesn't seem so out there.

as for a caption, imagine that scene with out the conversation but just captions. seems creepier to me.

#31607 07/09/05 03:23 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I second the return of the Encyclopedia Galactica. I had no probs with the scanning thing b/c it set up how they found Lemnos later on.

I also loved the cruiser scene. As I said before it felt like the old days more than any other issue. frown

Except Cham being more alien than ever (we need more aliens to balance that alien factor) I liked the issue.

Things are moving slow but it seems it's worth the wait (i hope) cause it gets better.

#31608 07/09/05 05:51 PM
Trap Timer
OP Offline
Trap Timer
Originally posted by wamu2:
well, so far the team members have showed an amazing lack of knowledge about each other. so Light Lass not knowing about the scanning stuff doesn't seem so out there.
Yeah, but that's ultimately what was annoying about it. Why don't these folks know one another, when the team's been around for two years?

#31609 07/10/05 02:06 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Lemnos? Substance abuse? Bad effects of being off the public service? A virus? If they don't know one another, no wonder they are not as effective a team as Cos would like, so perhaps someone/something is actively undermining their potential for cooperation. I'm expecting - trusting even - there's a reason that we'll learn at some point.

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#31610 07/11/05 08:42 AM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
Lemnos? Substance abuse? Bad effects of being off the public service? A virus? If they don't know one another, no wonder they are not as effective a team as Cos would like, so perhaps someone/something is actively undermining their potential for cooperation. I'm expecting - trusting even - there's a reason that we'll learn at some point.
good point. we have been dropped in the middle of the story. therefore we don't have the when, how, and why they joined for lots of these people. that will be interesing to see at some point.

#31611 07/11/05 09:03 AM
feelin' hot hot hot
feelin' hot hot hot
Maybe they'll do a "Year One" arc at some point. Showing how the Legion first formed and whatnot.

#31612 07/11/05 09:07 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I'd love to see that! I'm really interested in the early days of this team for some reason.

Question - where has it been said that the team's been around for 2 years thouugh? I think I missed that.

#31613 07/11/05 09:29 AM
Trap Timer
OP Offline
Trap Timer
In Triplicate Girl's origin story it's stated that she was contacted by the U.P. "about two years ago". Even assuming there a bit of a gap between her first contact and her coming to Earth to join the Legion (which appears to be fairly new when she joins), I think it's safe to say the team's been around somewhere between a year and half to two years.

Incidentally, Star Boy mentions in the first issue that the encampment outside their HQ has been around for six months.

#31614 07/12/05 10:42 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Thanks Eryk.

#31615 07/16/05 10:14 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
I agree with EDE that the team should at least know the basics about each other. Heck, Element Lad doesn't even believe that Atom Girl is real - and since we already know she must be, it just seems weird that she hasn't bothered to pop up even once since Element Lad joined.

#31616 07/17/05 05:41 AM
Active
Active
Is anybody else getting real tired of the freaking wires connected to Brainy's head? They not only seem far too anachronistic-- but potentially represent an obvious target in combat. In fact, it would have made more sense for Lemnos to pull out these wires than breaking Brainy's shoulder--or perhaps that indicates that Lemnos doesn't want Brainy harmed too badly...

"I am the LEGION--you colossal Jerk!"--Garth Ranzz LEGION #63
#31617 01/05/07 02:00 AM
Honorary
Honorary
Originally posted by Korbal:
Is anybody else getting real tired of the freaking wires connected to Brainy's head? They not only seem far too anachronistic-- but potentially represent an obvious target in combat. In fact, it would have made more sense for Lemnos to pull out these wires than breaking Brainy's shoulder--or perhaps that indicates that Lemnos doesn't want Brainy harmed too badly...
How do we know the wires aren't made to come loose easily, just in case someone does pull on them? He'd have one source of information cut off, but when it's Brainy, you know there's a backup.

The wires instead of some kind of wireless apparatus do make sense, if you think about it. Wires are harder to jam than wireless. The signals must come in wireless, but the part on his belt could act as some kind of booster for the signal. Perhaps one wire is input, and one is output? He's got to be able to request more information somehow.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,028
Posts1,046,184
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Burger Eater Lad, LoneWolfLondo, Mattropolis, Phantom Girl
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star